MAPCON Reviews

4.17 / 5 (143) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy to setup and easy for my maintenance staff to use."

• "User friendly great support when needed. Train courses are helpful. "

• "Its great how you can tie everything together. From the parts in the operation, to the work that has been done on them, and how much all of it cost."

• Cons

• "little hard to use at first but you will get the hang of it"

• "The PM feature was a little more difficult than what I hoped for. I wanted to simply attach the current PM's to the Mapcon system and was unsuccessful. I think the file was too large."

• "Price dependent on no of Assets/locations .. but Prices stays within the low range"

Browse MAPCON Reviews

Great Software

The Mapcon software has changed our business and decreased our overall emergency breakdown calls.

Pros

Easy to setup and easy for my maintenance staff to use.

Cons

Could be easier to jump between windows.

Dawn from United Wisconsin Grain Producers

STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE

United Wisconsin Grain Producers LLC (UWGP) started using MAPCON in 2005 when production of our facility began. Since this time, MAPCON has become an important key to our day-to-day successes by providing and modifying a maintenance program that meets our ever changing needs. Using MAPCON has allowed UWGP to maximize maintenance records and store pertinent information that can be retrieved quickly. We are able to identify and stock critical parts while keeping an accurate inventory. UWGP also has a valued benefit of scheduling preventative maintenance; which reduces both downtime and maintenance costs. UWGP knows that support for MAPCON is only a call away. By utilizing all the tools available in MAPCON, UWGP has become #1 in plant up-time and #1 in low maintenance costs according to the 2013 Christianson & Associates Benchmarking Reports. UWGP employees are very proud of these accomplishments. This only proves that MAPCON is the heartbeat of the maintenance department. UWGP is always looking to achieve maximum efficiency along with increasing performance. MAPCON is growing right with us. WE ARE STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE

Pros

First of all the customer service. In the beginning I called/emailed a tremendous amount. In time things came easier and I didn't have to call/email as much. Truthfully one day I got an email asking me how I was because he didn't hear from me in a while. Its nice to know they are only a phone call or email away. Mapcon always gets back to me and if they can't at that moment they always send me another email address or phone number. Its nice to know someone always has your back.

Cons

Not so much me as the coordinator. I am happy with the software and am always striving to know more and get better at running it. Its the ones that pay the bills and signs my check. I guess the cost is hard to swallow.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied January 2017

Hi Dawn! We took what you said to heart and have created a LinkedIn Group specifically for MAPCON users. Here is the link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8578280 Thanks for the feedback, and we hope to see you posting in the group! -Heather

Randy from Gengras Motor Cars

Easy set up and use with world class support

I would recommend this product if you have to manage facilities or repair orders

Pros

As someone who set up, upgrades and supports the product I love the support the most. Once or twice over the years I have had to update the server and getting this product back up was easy. they offer to remote in to assist at no charge. the developers are in house which makes it special IMO

Cons

its java based, java updates can cause issues. it runs on sql which can put a little stress on a server if it shares resources, but product is light and run tons of other stuff on same box.

Reasons for Choosing MAPCON

price and familiarity this company has been around longer than Microsoft.

Aaron from SemGas, L.P.

Good work management program

It has been a good software to use in the last 6 years.

Pros

The customer service Mapcon offers is excellent. The software allows you to manage your equipment and personnel efficiently.

Cons

Very strong learning curve. Not a program you just plug and play. Takes a lot of time to develop.

Debbie from The National Arts Centre

MAPCON REVIEW

I was using a different program in the past and we switched to Mapcon, thinking it would be more powerful. All in all, I have to say it's "6 of one and half a dozen of the other". Although some features are nice to have, the overall user friendliness of the program and the logic of how it should work are still lacking. I think there could be many more improvements done to this system.

Pros

I like the ease of the pm scheduling, and the automatic scheduler. So if I am on vacation I know the PM's will still be generated and nothing will be missed. I like the idea of the hand held devices, so that the tradesmen can access their work orders onsite and close them off.

Cons

Although the pm scheduling is very handy, the drawback about it is that it won't accommodate a rotating resource schedule. Also, it is is very difficult to schedule pm's that are on a seasonal basis only. Also, I found that if tradesmen are closing out their own work orders, then you can't assign multiple men to one work order, because once that work order is closed by one person, it ends up closed for the other person who is assigned, and then their work order "disappears" on their open list and can get forgotten. So, multiple work orders have to be opened for the same job and assigned individually. Also, the program seems compartmentalized. I should be able to open, edit and close a work order all from the same screen. It's not very user friendly in many aspects.

Jennifer from Pampered Chef

Hard to learn, great to use

This is a review of an older version of Mapcon (5.2). I am new to the facilities management world and part of my introduction was learning Mapcon. As I said, we have an older version which is not as user friendly as the current one. However, the people at Mapcon have been fantastic at helping me understand; Steve in particular has given me hours and hours of training, both over the phone and through a hands-on class at their office in Johnston, IA. He has a way of explaining that flicks a switch in my brain and makes everything clear. After working on and with Mapcon for a year, I am a believer. While my company is still just using a small percentage of the capabilities, I can see huge possibilities for the future. As we continue to add data and expand our usage, Mapcon will become more and more valuable in cost reduction, changing from reactive maintenance to proactive, and updating our technology. I have read reviews on CMMS systems and one constant pain point is data entry. My version of Mapcon is clunky when it comes to adding inventory; one window to create the record, another to create the image, another to seed the inventory. While entering inventory was tedious, we used that time to also reorganize and purge our parts room. Now we're proud of our clean, well-organized, easy to use parts room and corresponding Mapcon data. The techs can find what they are looking for much easier as all parts are in the computer with locations, quantities and manufacturers stock numbers. Once we add min/max numbers we will start to utilize the reporting on low inventory and not have to depend on the human factor. So while data entry was time consuming, the result is definitely worth the effort. We've also started on updating and filling in data on our equipment. By creating levels of locations we can start tracking breakdowns better and see trends before they become catastrophes. We're adding exploded views to the equipment so when a tech needs a part, he can pull up the image and find the part number, then pull up that part number and find it quickly in stock. Every step we take builds to the next, making Mapcon more and more robust and essential. My future will consist of creating and using failure codes, cycle counts and adding bar coding capabilities. Mapcon allows me to see how this all works together to benefit my team, company and the bottom line.

Pros

All areas work together, but you don't need to use all capabilities to get results.

Cons

Not user friendly

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hello Jennifer, Thanks so much for the compliments! I'm really glad you were able to attend 3-day training here in Iowa, and I am glad to hear that you got something out of it, aside from looking at my handsome face for those days :) I truly enjoy doing these training classes, and I am really glad it shows. -Steve

Larry from Zeeland Farm Services, Inc.

Good Value

We have developed a working database consisting of our equipment and the tracking of maintenance functions in relation to it.

Pros

The ease of which training can be passed on to those who have no prior knowledge of a CMMS.

Cons

I would like to gain more knowledge in the automation of the Inventory Control part of the program. This is not a shortcoming of the software, only of my exposure to it.

Flint from Henderson Stamping

Great Software and getting better.

So far we have been pretty happy with this software. Support has been really helpful too. They were quick to fix a bug I found in the mobile app. I like that they seem eager to constantly improve their software too. For us our ultimate goal is to utilize the mobile app as much as possible and have a completely paperless system. For now we are still printing the PM's and entering them in manually until we can get everyone using the mobile app.

Pros

The mobile side of the system is what drew me in. I like the idea of being able to create work requests, work orders, complete pm's etc. all from the mobile app. I also plan to use the mobile app to help track some of our inventory in the future. I also like that the person requesting the work can get updates on its status by email.

Cons

For new users it can be difficult for them to understand sites and zones and just getting them started in general. Also, I would like to have more storage space for attachments. I would like to be able to have equipment manuals and even some videos for some of the assets and pm's. I have been able to somewhat work around this by using dropbox and just supplying links but that seems to be hit or miss on the mobile side.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Flint, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Our marketing team is actually working on creating a video explaining Sites and Zones. It will be on our website soon. We have taken your software feedback and sent it directly to our programmers for them to consider for future releases. Thanks again! -Diane

Mohammed from Enterprise Business Solutions, Inc.

Why MAPCON

Manage Maintenance aspects from all side, financial, cost, warehouse, labor .. etc

Pros

Easy, Functionality rich, Many modules, fast, requires little processing power... Good from most aspects, The unlimited requester, Email transfer to work request, Scheduler

Todd from Color Web Printers

Industry: Newspapers

Older Version 5.1SP4

It is a good system for the price. Systems are only as good as the planning of configuration and data entry, most offer very similar features. This system will do most of what is required, however do to the age of our version, it lacks in mobility and domain integration. The newer systems offer this mobility and integration, however it parses out, and charges for, some of the modules that are all included in the older version. Regardless, costing is sensible compared to other systems and it is a company that listens and does try to build and address problems related to their customers.

Pros

It works for our specific needs. It is not too much and too expensive to where it is justifiable to purchase and make it work for if we put effort into making sure the data is accurate.

Cons

There are bugs, it does lock up and at times corrupts data. Some of the batch changes do not always works well. The mobility can be cumbersome. We know it may be due to the age of our system, which I can only speak from.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Todd, Thanks for sending this review. We appreciate your being a customer of ours for so long! If you ever change your mind and think you would like to upgrade, you know how to reach us! -Diane

Huge Benefits For Our Maintenance Team And Fantastic Support

Mapcon is very useful for our maintenance team and allows for tickets,inventory,problem management and issue tracking. it is easy and support is fantastic to work with

Pros

Absolutely amazing support,easy to work with and they know their product

Cons

Has a very classic look to it, to me that is not a big deal, but some users expected a clean fancy look

Mark from CE LLC

M.Durr Review

35+ years maintenance experience with 10+ with MAPCON in the ethanol industry. I have only used the 5.1 version of this CMMS and it has worked OK for us. I would like to see or test the newer version at some point.

Pros

Came populated with plant equipment

Cons

Not real user friendly

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I know Cory sent you a quote on upgrading earlier this year, so hopefully we will be able to get you over to our newest version soon! I look forward to many more years working with you! -Diane

Patrick from Southland Tube

Industry: Building Materials

A great product with even better customer service

I have been working with Mapcon for about 4 years now and I was the one tasked with building the system from the very bottom, up. The system has its ups and downs and shortcomings like any other program (some times automatic reporting is a bit tedious); however, the ability for it to maintain records, notify affected employees, and allow our users to create and check the status of work orders and inventory is invaluable. It has saved our company both time and money, which is a must in this economy. And, if I ever experience an issue, their customer service are prompt, knowledgeable, and always easy to work with. You get a person every time and there is no hassle. Great product with even better customer service.

Pros

The ability to obtain reports, manage inventory, and track work requests to completion Track spending through different departments

Cons

Automatic reporting doesn't always send out to list Some options are hard for non computer savvy users to understand

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Patrick, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We have passed along your comments to our trainer, Steve, since he will be at your location soon for training. He will go over the reporting options with you. Ive been talking to you for years now and appreciate your kind words about our customer service. As you knowcall if you need us. :) -Diane

Ken from Southland Tube, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Administrator

For the most part it is working well. There are a few issues that we need to work through and are hoping that it can be used in the manner that we need. It is sometimes difficult to set up a partial inventory. I still wants to print out the entire location inventory instead of just specific locations. We also have issues with the auto re-order attaching parts to an existing requisition instead of creating a new requisition. Over all it is working well for us and is building significant history for repairs and parts. We will continue to work through these issues and hopefully we can get the results we desire.

Pros

Due to the repetitive nature of the software it is easier to train new employees on the basics of Mapcon.

Cons

We have been working on the barcode module and are finding that because of limitations we may not be able to perform all of the functions that we would like.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Ken, Thanks for leaving us a review. Our trainer, Steve, will be coming to do on-site training at your facility soon, and he can help you work through some of these issues. In the meantime, feel free to call us for support if needed. -Diane

Rudolph from Waterloo Ind. Inc.

Mapcon 5.10

We are using Mapcon version 5.10 the oinsight version. I have seen the newer version of Mapcon and what I saw of it has most if not all of the same features as the 5.10 version. We have been using Mapcon from 1997 to present day. We use the Equipment records, Purchasing, Inventory, Work order and Preventive maintenance of the system. We have generated 262106 work orders and 98221 purchase orders. We use our Mapcon! Over the years Mapcon support team has come to our rescue many times with their remote Assist Customer to come in by wire to fix the problem or by training in person or over the phone so we could fix our own problems. When we needed features that was not part of the stock system, they would build it through there custom programing. Also the cost of this was reasonable, especially when compared to other software company's modifications or add-ons. It is my opinion that anyone that chose to use Mapcon would be happy that they did for the cost savings of the software and the support team that Mapcon offers. They are upfront with what options are available and would never leave you out in the cold.

Pros

Its ability to do what is needed.

Cons

none.

Paula from SXP - Schulz Xtruded Products

Working with Mapcon

Before joining the SXP family, i had never used a CMMS program. Now, almost 6 years later, I love it. It makes my job so much easier. Entering the information into Mapcon is a time consuming task, although very user friendly, however, once it is all entered and you begin your process of work requests, work orders, reports, and especially the PM program. i could not have asked for a better system than Mapcon. Mapcon's customer service reps are spectacular as well. i used them alot in the first year & have had situations in the previous years to have to call. Never have we ending our call unsatisfied. The training that we have received from Mapcon, via computer or on site, has been great as well.

Pros

The fact that i can create our own reports based on the different requests from our various department heads.

Cons

Sometimes the inventory on hand gives me a fit and takes me a few minutes to figure out where I went wrong. LOL other than that i am really very satisfied with the program.

Joe from Big River Resources Boyceville

#LOVEMYMAPCON

I have used Mapcon for over ten years and can't imagine my life without it. We track work orders, purchases, inventory, preventive maintenance schedules, and equipment with this software. Users include positions such as my own as the administrator, all the way to our Process Operators. The software is utilized by Safety and Production Coordinators, Lab and Maintenance Managers, as well as Maintenance and Process Technicians. If you do your work putting information into the system, getting information out is a breeze. While I know no other CMMS programs, I also care not to.

Pros

The thing I probably like the most is how Mapcon offers such a reliable and efficient way to track work, spare parts, labor, and purchases. Customer Support is always available when the need arises and Mapcon is diligent in improving the software continuously. They are open to suggestions and striving to make the software work for you.

Leah from Derby Supply Chain Solutions

Industry: Warehousing

Simplistic, Easy to Use, Great reporting!

Mapcon has been a great tool for our maintenance program. My experience with this has been long because we built it from scratch with this software. I love the flexibility of the software. The software itself is very easy to use and train others to use. The customer service level has not been consistent. In my experience, there are employees that exceed expectations and there are other employees who make obtaining information or answering questions difficult. One example of this was that I was sold this software with the understanding that I could train 1 person at all of my facilities. When I went to set up the online training I was told I could only have 3 at a time and I would have to pay for multiple training sessions. The first person who told me this was not helpful. The second lady that I spoke with worked it out for me after she found out what had been done previously. I also had another experience with a customer ser

Pros

The software itself!

Cons

The Customer Service inconsistencies.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Leah, Thanks for the review! I am glad I was able to help resolve the training situation. Please let me know if I can be of any further service. I'm always here if you need anything! -Diane

Pete from GGR Associates

Industry: Chemicals

Great, cost effective maintenance solution

Many maintenance management packages are packed chock-ful of features that you never use. MAPCON is simple and has all the most important functions, and comes at a much lower cost than alternatives. We are upgrading to the latest version, v6.3, which brings better, more versatile reporting tools and web-integration (including support for mobile devices).

Pros

Simple, all important functions, very good pricing (cloud and outright purchase)

Cons

Multiple currency support has had to be custom developed for us, as it only handles USD by default. Scheduling of shift teams only works if your shift pattern recurs on a seven day week. We have 4x12 hour shifts, so can't use any of the automatic resource allocation and scheduling.

Tyler from City Of Garden City- Kansas

City Of Garden City- Mapcon Review

My experience with Mapcon goes back a while now. Working with Mapcon at my previous employer and now with the City. I have definitely learned a whole lot more of what Mapcon has to offer with the City. From starting from the ground up, it has been quite an adventure and challenge to say the least. We here at the City have requested many custom challenges for the Mapcon Programmers. Every customization yet has delivered just what we wanted and needed to operate in our daily functions. I came from a whole different world it seems like at the Ethanol plant. When I started here at the City, they had just purchased Mapcon. :) I had a sense of relief knowing that, and how I would at least know about that coming into the organization! At times I felt the pressure was one me for Mapcon to deliver what we all needed here and the different request from employees that would be working with Mapcon on a daily basis. Overall Mapcon is a great quality product. I can see it benefiting the smallest mom and pop type establishments to multi-million dollar companies. Once users are trained and they are in the system on a regular basis, the ease of use is not bad at all. I recently hired an employee that hardly spent any time on a computer, literally didn't know enough to be dangerous. After about 3 months of hands on training, this employee can just about do just about anything. From attaching inventory, making new inventory part #'s, purchasing in the few different sites we have to setting up new users and all the details that takes. That right there shows the quality, ease of use and support Mapcon has. There are so many features and options in the software, I wish i had time to sit back and check them all out...maybe one day It's crazy knowing there are City employees out doing work orders on the ipads. Its really come along way!! The response time with support would be the only thing that could be better. I feel i know just about everyone in that office, I am very happy to be apart of Mapcon and look forward to the future! I

Mickey from Henderson Stamping Inc.

Great for ISO/TS compliance

MAPCON has been very helpful in preparing our maintenance department for compliance with ISO/TS requirements. Our recent TS audit was very successful due to the ability to any report the auditor asked to see. As with any CMMS, the results of using this software are only as good as the information the user enters into it. MAPCON tech support is very helpful in getting the software up and running and keeping it running. I would recommend MAPCON to anyone that's serious about scheduling, tracking, and reporting their maintenance functions.

Pros

I like the ease of the reporting features, the scheduling of PMs and how they are e-mail to my inbox once the system generates them.

Cons

The software is a somewhat hard to navigate for beginners. I would strongly recommend purchasing the extra training from MAPCON for the administrator of the system.

Donna from Guardian Energy LLC - Janesville, MN

Industry: Biotechnology

Mapcon Review

I use Mapcon for 90% of my daily job, it is very user friendly. It helps me keep track of our equipment and what we spend on it, and what the reoccurring problems we may be having. I run 5 main monthly reports for our management team that helps them see where we are spending the company's money. We currently have the older version the 5.2 version and now we are looking at the latest and greatest version of Mapcon from what I can see that would be a great step forward for our company!!

Pros

Very easy to use even for the people that are not computer friendly people.

Cons

We have had some difficulties with Windows 10 and Mapcon being compatible.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hey Donna, Thank you for the feedback! The new version that you're looking at is compatible with Windows 10. Yay! -Diane

Jeff from Dakota Spirit AgEnergy

Great CMMS Software

I have worked with John and Steve with any issues on the current version of MAPCON we are currently running. They are highly knowledgeable and politely helpful. We are considering upgrading to the newer web based version because of the great support we have been receiving

Pros

I like that is covers both our maintenance side and purchasing providing some great features/options on each.

Cons

Our current software is very outdated, as it is almost impossible to access from off site. It is very costly to upgrade to the newer web based version.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Jeff, I am so glad to hear that our support team has been so helpful to you. We take pride in our world-class support here at Mapcon. I know we have sent you a quote on upgrading, so I hopefully that works out! Thank you for your business, -Diane

Not for all manufacturing companies

We try to use it as the maintenance management module, for this it is useful in the handling of work orders and documentation, but we could not link it with SAP in any way so we dont use it 100%

Pros

If you use it in your company from the beginning, it will be great, because its capacity is robust to cover all the management, both maintenance and human resources, supply chain and asset management.

Cons

If you already have some management software in any of the areas, it does not allow you to link them.

Bob from Surface Mount Technology

MapCon Lite

I was very hesitant to purchase such a "low cost" system with the fear of capabilities, reliability and service. That was very short lived after purchasing the system. Not only has the system become a great resource for our company but we have had many of our customers comment and praise our system for the information contained within but also the capabilities that it has. I would recommend this system to anyone needing just the basics of work orders all the way through inventory, payroll, and employee information.

Pros

The upkeep if very easy to maintain.

Cons

Reports are sometime difficult to create

Bob from Surface Mount Technology

Best system I have ever used.

Since we have started using MapCon, many of our customers that audit us are very impressed with the abilities and reports available either the system. Many of them have called the system out specifically and commended it.

Pros

Using this software is very easy. If you attend to annual conference you can talk to real people that use this and get so many pointers and ideas that you can implement into your system.

Cons

I run the lite version and the upgrade looks like it may take some getting used to.

Lara from Spartanburg School District Two

Updated Mapcon Technology

The new version of mapcon is easy to use and maneuver through....work orders, purchase orders ...searching/completing data is quick and painless. Customer support is very quick and helpful with their responses.

Pros

Easy to use, can manipulate data as needed to search for information.

Cons

Have issues with the grid setting not staying in order - I will adjust as best fits my needs and save but the next time I open the program I have to spend time to adjust again as they go back to default settings.

Cullen from Prairie Horizon Agri-Energy

Could use some work

Pros

Powerful software. Has a wide range of use and really helps keep inventory manageable.

Cons

The software needs some work in terms of ease of use. Now that I have been using the software for 5 years it is easy for me to find what I need. However if one of my guys tries to find something, the user interface proves difficult for them. It would be nice if you could be a first time user and easily navigate the software.

Ray from Marysville Ethanol

Industry: Oil & Energy

Nice new features and stable interface

We started using the new version of the software in October . We upgraded from their older system which was written on a different platform. New interface is nice as well as the web based program structure. Overall we are pleased with the new version and are looking forward to the enhancement features we will get in the future

Pros

Web based interface

Cons

Some features and protocols don't go well with the way we operate on a po level and work order level.

Janelle from Heron Lake Bio Energy

Purchasing / Inventory Coordinator

When I started they didn't use it for inventory even though some information was in it. Now we have all our inventory in the system we know where it is located, how many we have. It's very exciting to be able to tell they guys what they need and it's all due to this system.

Pros

Once you understand it, it makes sense, easy to maneuver it holds a lot of information

Cons

you have to remember where to go to get your information.

Jason from Denco II LLC

My Mapcon Review

Overall Mapcon is a great CMMS for the cost. There are a few changes that should be make with reports and such. There are also some features that I would add which would make Mapcon a stand out tool.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality for the cost

Cons

Reports can be confusing to navigate what you are looking for. Also need to add reports that fall into the guidelines of industry best practices

Hector from ES Electri-Cord

Mapcon is a Great Software for Industrial Maintenace

We are TS16949 (Automotive Certified) company and Mapcon is our main software for Maintenance control and Calibration Matrix. Besides being a great and easy to use tool for us, all the customer and registrar audits have been impressed with the level of control and accuracy that we have. Definetively a great decisio to use it.

Pros

Easy to use, very powerful application.

Cons

A liitle pricy

Charlie from Columbia Pacific Bio Refinery

Purchasing made easy

I always use Mapcon to create purchase orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of costs. I also use it to keep track of inventories. The system allows me to set replenishment points and it has a feature that would automatically issue a purchase requisition when the stock hits the reorder level.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

There are some modules that are not in the basic package

Romana from Emmaus Homes

Love the system!!

Mapcon makes our experience as a facilities team easier to control and organize. The PM's keep us on track with our equipment and lets up trail all projects from start to finish!

Pros

PM system that automatically reminds the team of what is needed at that time.

Cons

The fact, that we have to buy multiple license to use.

Mark from Golden Grain Energy

Mapcon 5.0 Review

I have been with my company and used Mapcon 5.0 for the past nine years. It is a wonderful product and I would recommend it to anyone in need of a high quality CMMS. The canned reports are great and the customer support is outstanding. We are starting the process of upgrading to the new 6.0 version.

Pros

Customer service

Cons

Creating personalized reports can be difficult

Travis from Marquis Energy LLC

Review Survey

I have been using mapcon for about 4 years now. Being in the system every day I have found many ways to do things and complete tasks that I need to do. I find it to be a good system and the customer support has been great every time I have contacted them. Thanks again for the support.

Pros

Customer Service

Cons

nothing as I have not used any other software.

Perry from Texxas Technical Services

Mapcon Online

Our experience is a work-in-progress since upgrading from an older stand alone PC version of Mapcon Lite. Investing in the online version was a good move for us. However, we have not been able to solve problems using the mobile version from an Apple ipad. I hope ease of use improvements are made to the reports feature.

Pros

Online version has upgrades, and Remote access.

Cons

Mobile functionality using an Apple Ipad. I would like to see a few more customizable features in the online version, without having to upgrade to the Pro version.

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi Perry, I will make sure to pass along your feedback to our programmers. I'm really happy to see long-time users such as yourself giving reviews. Thank you for your business! -Diane

Elias from Heartland Corn Products

Just remember, 1-800-223-4791

This program really lets us do a lot, and I feel we're barely scratching the surface with what we could be doing. It does take some getting used to. Thankfully, the customer service is excellent and great at figuring out problems.

Pros

Cons

It takes a little bit to get used to. Also hard to remember where some stuff is that isn't used too often.

Michael from City of Omaha

City of Omaha - Facilities Management

We have used Mapcon for around 25 years, it is a great software for what the use it for at the City of Omaha. I would recommend this to any facility manager. I am thankful for Mapcon and for all their support over the years. Hope to have another great 25 years with Mapcon. Thanks!!

Pros

Ease of use and documentation and history reports.

Joseph from University of Notre Dame

Industry: Utilities

Solid software

Good overall experience. Wish I could export data on my own easier (custiomization).

Pros

Mapcon focuses on the work as much or more than the accoutning aspect. It is made for streamlined functionality.

Cons

Limited ability to customize without Mapcon doing it.

Brent from Big River Resources, Galva IL

Industry: Biotechnology

Mapcon Review

Started using MAPCON 10 years ago . I like this software for the applications we use it for and its interfacing.

Pros

User friendly great support when needed. Train courses are helpful.

Cons

I would like to see a back button instead of an exit button.

FRED from APLICARE

Industry: Packaging and Containers

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE MADE EASY

ONCE INTRODUCED TO THE SYSTEM IT WAS EASY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MANEUVER THROUGH THE PROCESS AND CREATE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE WORK ORDERS BASED ON OUR COMPANY BUSINESS NEEDS.

Pros

Cons

NEEDS TO BE MORE CUSTOMIZABLE

Jamie from Suncor

Maintenance Manager

typical maintenance work management and inventory management

Pros

ease of use for every day use in maintenance work management

Cons

some times difficult to navigate when trying to gather reports

April 2015

Judi from Lafayette General Medical Center

April 2015

Lafayette General Health

Pros

We have information at our fingertips. As long as the information that is put in is accurate, we get accurate reports. The reports we have gleened from MAPCON have helped us to pass our Joint Commission Surveys over the past 20 years.

Cons

Nothing specific. If I had to pick something, I would say that when trying to edit frequencies my system is slow at times; however, I don't know if it is on my end since it is hosted on our server or on MAPCON's end.

David from Badger State Ethanol LLC

Good, not great

Unfortunately the PO side of MapCon is not as robust as I had hoped. If I fully understood the lack of ability for reporting options I may not have upgraded at all. At least with the old system we could create our own reports. I expected an upgrade to be not only more user friendly but also, at minimum, have the same capability of the original. The upgrade is nice but the limiting of M #'s and Assets seemed to a bit sneaky. While yes the quote mentioned numbers, the original MapCon had no such restriction and I believe that aspect should have been a talking point. As for customer service, we have have had to make multiple calls to follow up on requests. I expect better communication. We should not have to make those follow-ups to see where things are at.

Pros

Better interface than original

Cons

Not as flexible as original, limited M #'s and Assets, specialized reports have to go through MapCon not created in-house,

Response from MAPCON Technologies

Replied November 2016

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We try to make our system scalable so it will fit both large and small organizations. This is why we price our systems according to number of assets and inventory parts as well as number of concurrent users. Our user quick reporter is not available from the purchasing module currently but it will be soon. We do offer an advanced business intelligence reporting tool, but it does require a more advanced level of report writing. We are continuing to improve internal procedures to meet our clients needs. Hopefully these improvements will ensure nothing falls through the cracks.As for our customer service, we pride ourselves on our world class support and truly believe the experiences you have had were the exception, not the rule. That being said, we do appreciate your feedback and will work hard to make sure our service is always consistent. Thanks again! -Diane

Paul from The Garlic Company

Industry: Farming

MAPCON review

Overall MAPCON program works good. Purchasing and work orders works good. Farley new and learning how to navigate implementing inventory parts.

Pros

Vendor, Purchasing, Work Orders, Requisitions all work great. Easy to work on the MAPCON Program.

Cons

Inventory seams to be complex. seams like lot areas in MAPCON to put into the program.

adam from gurtler ind

love it

customer service is great

Pros

keeping track of our equipment and getting emails when pm's are do

Cons

little hard to use at first but you will get the hang of it

Kirk from DuPont Pioneer

Industry: Research

Just what we needed.

Mapcon has enabled us to not only track schedule and remind us for PM's, but allows us to gain valuable metrics, concerning parts inventory, labor planning, and downtime. It is very easy to use and set up. We researched many system and "test drove" several and Mapcon won out as the clear choice.

Pros

Ease of use, easy setup. Support is awesome!

Cons

Not as customizable as we maybe would like

Ryan from Cahill

Great Facilities Maintenance

Pros

Consistent customer service. The customer service delivers as well as the product.

Cons

Would like a rental aspect to the software.

Jason from Connecticut Financial Center

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Hands down, the best CMMS software

A+++

Pros

Very easy to use. Does everything we need it to and more. Customer support is top notch. Company liked it so much, we bought it for another location. It gets high marks from my office building tenants, and how hotel staff.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I have had zero problems.