All innRoad Reviews

Samantha

Moved two small Inns from RezOvation to InnRoad and haven't regretted one moment

Within the past 6 months, I have moved two small Inns over to InnRoad from RezOvation. The Sales Team offered me a discount if I started the migration right away and although I was hesitant I agreed - No time like the present right. Unfortunately, it was the beginning of the busy season and I couldn't do it and I asked if we could postpone the migration until the end of the season and they were more than happy to comply. The move is relatively seamless but it is tedious work if you want to bring everything with you, that being said I wish some more of the functionality had been explained prior to the migration because I would have been able to make better decisions on how we specifically were going to handle different situations and I would have done things much simpler. An Inn starting from scratch would be super simple. Our Inns have unique rooms so we had to make a room type for almost every room which requires a little more time for everything that follows, but the end result is worth it. I work hard on yield management and InnRoads has many capabilities that RezOvations did not offer that I now take full advantage of. This also translates into their Booking Engine capabilities. First, you set up your seasons, then your rates, then minimum stays (discuss this with your Implementation person first as there are several ways you can set this up). It seems like a lot of steps, but once it is all in there it is super easy to work with. Adding a short term special is very easy, especially if it is a discount off of your Rack rate. You can automate some, all or none of your emails - so handy. The reports are well put together and easy to use. The search capabilities are wonderful - you can find a booking by the last four digits of their Credit card. I mainly moved over because of the cost. With RezOvations and using Bed & Breakfast.com to link to the OTA's for two properties. We have easily cut the cost in half. I thought I would be giving up a lot of functionality with the reduced cost, but I have actually gained much more control of my rates. Just do it...it's worth it. The Support team is very responsive. I have had a few little bugs, which I may have caused myself, but they have cleared them all up relatively quickly.

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to set up. Credit card set up is a breeze, we did switch credit card processors. Booking Engine came together beautifully, we put both Inns together. The link to the OTA's - three for each property (Expedia, Booking & Trip Advisor) and we only had brief troubles with one of them - was easy. If you are having reservations about moving just take it slow and steady one piece at a time and you will get there unscathed.

Cons

My main complaint and I think this is only because I was moving over from another system, is that the functionality of things were not explained. The Sales Department gives its pitch and then you are turned over to an Implementation Team which I think should ask a lot more questions about how you run your business than they did. We would have saved a lot of time, effort and frustration. A simple example is in some of their List Items, you enter all your Market Segment options in setup for a drop down menu that appears on the Reservation screen. Had they told me that the drop-down list shows up in the order that you enter them I would have entered them in a much different order. Simple stuff like that would have been very handy to know in advance. The housekeeping functionality is seriously lacking, but I haven't really seen a system that has a good one.

Danny

Longtime Customer

Positive business relationship with good product functionality together with good communication and customer service.

Pros

I have been a customer of InnRoad for 5 years now, and find it very effective for my needs. I am a 45 unit hotel with 4 distinct properties. InnRoad is able to interface all 4 to act as one hotel, while at the same time keeping them distinct and separarate for accounting and configuring purposes. It is very easy to connect with Expedia.com and Booking.com - any rate changes or minimum stay changes I make, as well as availability pass thru to them in real time. I am able to easily add users to my account with varying degrees of access and restrictions, e.g. housekeepers can have their own account and logon to see the calendar to know what units need to be cleaned and when. Reservation input is easy and straightforward. The Tape Chart calendar is easy and straightforward to view with a 30 days out view - a "snapshot" window of any reservation is as simple as pointing to it which is helpful when flying thru your calendar. Customer service is always extremely polite and knowledgeable and utilize screen sharing to make support calls easier. There are many reports and variations of reports that are easy to create. Most importantly, InnRoad is constantly improving their functionality and updating the system. They listen to me as a client and have made changes to their system accordingly. As a long time customer, I can attest that InnRoad has made many upgrades over time - each one make the system better, and am encouraged that more upgrades are continually in the works.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little on the slow side when navigating thru the site or when making changes. Sometimes hold times for customer service is way too long. The ability to change any rate for any unit for any time period quickly and easily is not as easy as it should be.

Reasons for switching to innRoad

Guestall was not web-based (at that time) and could not interface with Expedia.com and the like.

Ashley

March 2022

Needs to work out issues

InnRoad has the potential to be a great program. There’s a lot of hiccups that need to be fixed first.

Pros

The quantity of functions this software has for the hospitality industry are great. It has the potential of saving tons of time while generating sales, if everything functioned the way they intended.

Cons

There are very frequent platform limitations and errors. We have frequent issues with slow loading of the software, not related to any connectivity issues such as internet. We also run into multiple issues with group reservations and allowing pre/post shoulder booking. Integrations with platforms like Booking.com or Expedia have tons of hiccups to the point it’s not worth having the integrations. We push for direct booking over integrations because of the software limitations.

Response from innRoad

Ashley, Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the quantity of functions available in our software. Our #1 goal is to help hoteliers like you to grow your business. We're sorry to hear you're having issues with the group reservations features and channel manager. Our client services team will be reaching out to you directly to help resolve these problems and get your team back up to speed. We strive to provide a great user experience for all customers and are continuously updating our software to reach greater potential. It's with feedback like yours that we're able to continue to improve our offerings. Please feel free to reach out to support@innroad.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to provide a better customer experience for you. Best, innRoad Marketing Team

Replied March 2022

Rob

Transformed my business

After 3 years I'm as excited about the software as the day I committed to implement it. Be sure you are prepared for booking out your hotel as this software increased efficiency and exposure quickly enabling you to sell all your inventory. Be prepared with the appropriate staff and supplies. The software continues to innovate and new features and functions are added frequently. You can take advantage of features instantly due to the cloud software. No worries about getting out of date software or requiring an IT specialist to help you roll it out. The people are the greatest value of the software

Pros

I bought a hotel management software package to save me from the liability of storing credit cards. I chose innRoad because it had to be cloud software so i can access it from any device with multiple users. It fulfilled all these requirements to my expectations. The sales and implementation team confidently shared projected growth that would more than pay for the software subscription. They were right and then some. I grew my business by 300% due to the ease of connectivity to all the booking sites such as Expedia and Booking.com that brought in new business. My favorite feature is the customer service and responsiveness. No issue I raise goes unaddressed nor am I left alone to solve my issues. Impressively they even offered time to help train my employees. Since I went from a manual paper based system to booking software I can't compare experiences between software vendors but I have to say if you have any home grown or manual systems I can't recommend more passionately that you need to consider innRoad.

Cons

The software has a full feature set that can be overwhelming. It is important to carefully setup your rates, promotions and blocked rooms or you can run into challenges with wrong rates or double bookings. When in doubt reach out to support they are always willing to help get things right for you.

Reasons for choosing innRoad

There were reference accounts I spoke with and I compared features and benefits between vendors and the innRoad sales team overcame all objections and were the best feature and value of all of them.

Robert

April 2022

Easy software to use and understand

When I first got innroad a few years ago I found the software to be a little slow but over the last year they have improved that and I have no complaints I find the customer serviced to be very available when I need them and any problems small or large they fix immediately.

Pros

The thing I like most about innroad is the software is very easy to understand and easy to train people. The tape chart offers a lot of different things and is very self-explanatory with its color codes and reference guide available at any time.

Reasons for choosing innRoad

I originally chose in road because at the beginning when I was being shown each system I found the people at in road to be very patient and wanted to teach me rather than sell me their product. I’m not the most computer friendly person sometimes and they made it very simple for me to understand so I felt comfortable working with them

Reasons for switching to innRoad

Open book was very unreliable and down several times

Jimmy

April 2022

Easy to use, less-sophisticated, good price

innRoad is always willing to help us through issues. Overall, we have had a very good experience.

Pros

Tape chart functions are very good. Group bookings are pretty easy. Good visibility for room inventory and availability

Cons

innRoad does not seamlessly integrate with our credit card merchant. It used to, but a couple of years ago they stopped supporting our merchant services and have since tried hard to get us to use their own merchant services. We don't like being pigeon-holed.

Features, simplicity, cost

Alexa

April 2022

Quick and Responsive Support, Good Feature Enhancements but QA could improve a bit

Pros

Support is very quick to answer and is very helpful! I know most of the reps by now. I also feel like the team has been listening to my feedback.

Cons

I'd like to be more active in UX studies. I feel like the QA of some of the products can be improved through better regression testing or just by conducting more UX studies to really see how the application moves together holistically. I feel like some enhancements are missing certain elements or requirements which is typical in the software industry so not totally surprised.

Reasons for switching to innRoad

we have 3 inns and wanted something consistent and seamless. it was before my tenure so I don't have insight as to decisions that were made.

Lisa

April 2022

Great booking Engine with outstanding support

innRoad works well for us to manage our business. The reservation process is easy and customization is easy.

Pros

We moved to innRoad for the support which is great. Most issues can be resolved immediately. As a booking engine it works well for our business model for both our website and 3rd party bookings.

Cons

The session management is very poor. Requires re-logging in multiple times a day because the session has expired.

We wanted 24X7 support.

Dan

Great product!

Very good.

Pros

Very used friendly with many useful tools. I was impressed with the customizable online booking features that present our inn in a professional way.

Cons

Customers who are entered into our database can have multiple entries of the same person. It would be helpful to be able to combine or edit duplicate names into one and eliminate redundant entries.

Reasons for switching to innRoad

We were looking for a better product

sophie

Very friendly

Pros

manage 2 resorts reservation great customer support

Cons

doesn't always work perfect with Mac wish you could update a quote

May 2016

Very good. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

After looking at several other systems, including a couple of the ones aimed at large, chain hotels, innRoad seemed to be the best designed for the small, single location business. We are very new to this business, so anything that could clearly improve our operations and sales is a bonus. A few things we do that are somewhat unique require creating workarounds that aren't as precise as would be ideal, but the customization available is great. Customer support and training has been really good, as well, leaving me in no doubt that the vendor actually does care about their customers. Even on a holiday, you can get live help on the phone quickly. The channel management features got us quickly online with major OTAs so we could get loads more exposure than traditional advertising would for the same cost. Already we are up 73% in sales over the same time period in the previous year! Of course, your mileage may vary. The pricing is also very competitive. I would not say it is the lowest I found, but based on every point I compared among systems, the system returns good value for the cost.

Cons

We have a vacation rental component to the way we do business that doesn't really fit the traditional inn model. This software is clearly aimed those businesses that hew closely to the inn model. I agree that their focus is entirely appropriate, but managing the kind of group bookings we do is a little harder than it would be using a system designed for vacation rentals. That said, vacation rental-based systems are far more limited in their overall scope. My only other nit to pick is that a few of the functions scattered throughout the system don't always respond reliably, but this may be more a function of the system being web-based, rather than run from a local server.

Response from Ali

James, thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear innRoad is working so well for you and you’re up in sales after listing on OTAs. Keep up the amazing work!

Replied June 2016

Scott

January 2016

InnRoad is a long term partner for our busniess

Pros

I found the system to be user friendly, affordable and full of potential from day one. That fact that we were able to go live with the system in a blink of an eye due to the system being cloud based with no installation. The assigned account manager walked me through each step of the set up and continued with teaching the entire staff via conference calls. The tech support department was great with our learning curve and would assist us through each self placed hurdles. The InnRoad team assisted me in setting up accounts with all of the online travel agents (OTA's) and worked with our webmaster to link the booking engine seamlessly. Almost immediately we began receiving bookings, the front desk agents were operating the system like pros and are "brand of one" began to grow.

Cons

I won't say that InnRoad is without it's cons, there have been some that have been addressed with upgrades and some that they are working to address...but, their pros have made them the best investment that I could have made.

Patty

Why we like Innroads

We have been using Innroads since 2013. We are an independent hotel and have been really excited since they have been doing their upgrades on the system. They are constantly striving to make it easier for everyone to use. And there support team is the best. They are always there to help out with any problem that might be happening.

Pros

it is so easy to make reservations especially when it is a repeat guest. We do a lot of room blocks and they are so much easier to do now. I like how easy it is to cancel a reservation. And I love the Customer Service Team.

Cons

I don't like it when it kicks me out and I have to sign in again. And I don't like when it goes really slow when trying to do a reservation. Neither of these happens a lot but if it is slow when I am busy I don't like it. They have been working diligently to correct this issue.

DeLloyd

Inn Road Customer Support

I would recommend this software for anyone in the lodging business.

Pros

The employees of Inn Road are very professional. They are also courteous and helpful whenever I have problems. I have had the software for three years and have not regretted purchasing it since I began using it. It is a very useful tool for our cabin operation. Our scheduling efficiency has been great.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the program. Once customer support did not save their work and caused us a lot of extra work. This was over the solar eclipse of 2017. I had five night minimum stay and the customer support agent did not save his work so 20 cabin nights rented for one night stays versus four five night stays, but that is the only incident in three years of my working with Inn Road.

Meshelle

Great experience

Pros

Inn road reservation system is very easy to use and learn. they have a help section with instructions on how to do a lot . You can schedule a class online . Or just call customer service on the phone which is available 24 hours a day. I have called a few times. And every time the repasenitive has been very polite and able to walk me through whatever I needed with step by step instructions. One time I was very busy with customers. And they just fixed my problem for me. And sent me a email with instructions on how to fix it myself if it happened again. Overall my experience has been excellent. And would recommend to anyone wanting to buy a reservation system