Browse LEAP Reviews

Denise from The Law Office of Denise D. Nordheimer, Esquire, LLC

Sea Change

We have benefited both in productivity, risk management and increased revenues from better capturing time.

Pros

The absolute completeness of it from both a practicing perspective and a business perspective. As an attorney who also runs the business side, I am appreciative of the level of detail on both sides. Although LEAP is significantly more expensive than other programs, it more than pays for itself, if you utilize the functionality. USE IT ALL.

Cons

Because of its completeness, it can be complicated to learn, even for sophisticated users. We are a pretty computer savvy bunch and were able to get up and running with the support LEAP provides. Prepare for a learning curve.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It's great to hear that it has increased productivity and revenue at your firm. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Dora from Whiteley & May

LEAP REVIEW

My overall experience with LEAP is a great experience. Everyone that I have been in contact with has been extremely helpful in everyway and very professional

Pros

I love that the mobile app for LEAP looks and performs as if you were at your desktop computer. I also find that the time entries and billing aspects could not get any easier.

Cons

What I am not liking about LEAP is when in LEAP and prepare an e-mail to anyone, it is not obvious where the subject line is pulling from. As I am a new user, I am currently waiting on my next training to use this feature because I find it more difficult to have the program put in an incorrect subject line and then have to change it every time I prepare a new e-mail. I would prefer that when entering information into LEAP that it say "e-mail subject line" or something that indicates where LEAP automatically gets this information from. My second con is that we are an insurance defense firm LEAP assumed that we were a plaintiff firm. What that means is that now I must go into each of our cases and change the information as our "client" is not the plaintiff.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Because Lexis gave LEAP a great review.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

We wanted a more detailed and mobile friendly cloud based program. PCLaw has a cloud based program but that I was not the program we were using.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

We greatly appreciate your review of LEAP Legal Software. We are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's mobile app and time recording and billing features. Your training should help you learn even more efficiencies with LEAP. In the meantime, you can also download our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Carol from Stumme, Collins, Gritters & Epley

Not quite sold

There was not sufficient training to get up and running. Thankfully, customer service is readily available and, for the most part, easy to work with. From the office management side, I believe PC Law does a better job of handling billing and accounting. At this point, I am still learning the system and making adjustments, so, hopefully, I will gain some appreciation going forward. We are a small firm located in Iowa. I don't think some of the features/selling points apply to a) a small firm and b) an Iowa firm - for example: why isn't Probate or Estate a choice for Matter Type?

Pros

Customer support is top notch - accessible and knowledgeable. LEAP does a nice job of organizing clients and allowing us to search for clients. I appreciate that all documents can be saved right in the matter and that emails sent from within the program are saved in the matter. We are a smaller firm, so there are several features that we don't need/use. Balancing the trust account is a breeze!

Cons

I would like a client's phone number to be more readily accessible. Why can't it be displayed on the Details & Correspondence tab when the matter opens? I prefer to have the billing and accounting in one place. While on the surface, it seems a nice feature to "push" to QuickBooks online, it is confusing as LEAP is pushing transactions while QBO is pulling transactions from the bank account. Balancing the operating account is cumbersome and time consuming. While I appreciate being able to save emails in the matter, I don't like that it saves EVERY reply or forward thereafter. I should be able to choose whether or not the ensuing emails are saved.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Because we needed to update our server, and those who control the purse strings thought we were paying too much for a server and software.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's centralized client management, document automation, and trust accounting features. We would like to speak with you more about the challenges your firm is facing with balancing your operating account. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are constantly innovating LEAP to accommodate all major areas of practice and look forward to making LEAP a valuable asset to your firm.

David from Bearman law

Industry: Law Practice

Transition team is absolutely useless

horrible

Pros

The software itself is great once you understand how to use all the featured

Cons

The transition team is absolutely horrible. You can ask what to expect but they do jot communicate clearly and most of their answers are I don’t know. Expect that it will be two to three weeks after they capture your data before they actually upload it or are able to make your templates. The initial training is arranged for someone with an IQ Of about three. click on the button that says open matter to open a new matter. That is literally five to ten minutes of a trainer talking. If you ask how to link your word documents to Leap the trainer won’t know and then takes a month to get a response back to you. If you call tech support expect about the same level of knowledge. The templates are also incomplete. They have templates for adoption in Florida but not Oregon and once again no one can tell you how to make a custom template, even though the fields are there for Florida documents because you are in a different state you can’t use them in your template.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Customization options that your sales team showed but your trainers don’t know how to use

Online accessibility

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team welcomes all feedback so that we can continue to improve our software and implementations. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's comprehensive practice management solution. However, we apologize that your installation experience was not up to par. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor as your law firm's fixed point of contact.

Tonya from McIntosh, Sherard, Sullivan & Brousseau

Review for LEAP July, 2021

My experience with LEAP has been wonderful. There has never been a time that I have reached out that someone has not helped me. They really have been patient and kind with me.

Pros

There are so many things I like about leave. It really is hard to pick one thing. I would say being able to do almost everything through LEAP. I also love being able to work at home when I need too. It's GREAT!

Cons

I know that they are continuing to work on this issue, but getting forms for our State and making different types of Law this is more familiar with our office. For example we do a lot of mediation.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Honestly, I received an email from PC Law. I set up a time for the demo and the rest was history. I loved it so much that I discussed it with the partners in the office. They gave me the go ahead and now they love it too.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

We appreciate your wonderful feedback. Our team is glad to hear that LEAP is allowing you to manage your entire practice, and from home when needed! At LEAP, we are committed to innovating our software, helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy to see that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

James from Williamson, Clune & Stevens

Lots of Promises but Subpar execution

Productivity has increased in many areas, but is offset by the deficiencies in the billing, calendaring, and phone messages which create additional work for the staff. When we were having major billing issues, they did send somebody to the office to follow up and get feedback, some of which has since been implemented and had made the billing process much less cumbersome.

Pros

Document automation and forms for various areas of practice increase productivity.

Cons

Billing system feels incomplete, calendaring in this program is basically non-existent as Outlook is where the calendar is stored. The calendaring has caused many issues and resulted in missed appointments. Additionally, there is no dedicated section for phone messages and makes it difficult for the attorneys to check messages without bouncing from file to file and reading the "comment" which contains a phone message.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

LEAP seemed like a strong fit for the firm, but unfortunately the software has not lived up to the expectations that were set and it feels very incomplete in many areas.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Promises of streamlining our office management and increasing productivity without having to overhaul our system. Amicus refused to update our software unless we purchased a new server.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team is glad to see that your firm has increased productivity and is benefiting from LEAP's document and court form automation. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing. Please contact one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors by emailing pma@leap.us. We look forward to meeting with you soon. In the meantime, you can also learn more about how to use LEAP efficiently with our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Kristin from Attorney Brian D. Widegren

The Good, Bad and Ugly

Pros

We had never had a cloud based management system before, so considering that we made this change within the year of the pandemic hitting, the value to that feature is priceless; you can print directly to LEAP; easy integration with outlook (even though Outlook itself is not my favorite); The staff tries to be very helpful, although they do not always follow up if they dont have any answers for you; Leap has a few versions of docs that we feel are improvements over what we were using; Billing features.

Cons

We are in Massachusetts and cannot access E-File features with the courts through Leap; The system has lost address information and the capability to input it into many of our contact cards; Many document fields are inadequately set-up (maintain default names, refuse to accept checked boxes, skip sections); Invoices are confusing and do not specify the funds are received from retainers; invoices do not have a feature which specifies who has generated the billable hours (name of legal team member); does not show size of documents; not user friendly with copy/paste feature; only connects to one singular Quickbooks account (so you cannot interface with both operating and IOLTA accounts).

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Looking for cloud based program TurboLaw was selling people on Leap.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team welcomes all feedback so that we can continue to improve our software. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's remote accessibility, billing features, and integrations. We would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. We will be able to address many of these challenges including adding timekeeper information to an invoice, copy/paste shortcuts, and showing funds received from the retainer. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Cheri from Burke & Casserly, PC

Leap

I was hopeful time capturing would improve for some of my timekeepers but, unfortunately, they are stubborn!

Pros

Once document templates are created for our use, it will be an outstanding tool for document automation. Setting up the templates is a bit tricky primarily because it is difficult to determine the best fields to use/pull from. We're fairly new to the whole process so I'm sure it will improve as time goes on and we get used to it.

Cons

The billing and reporting. Reporting is too limited and the billing process is very cumbersome.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Both products were failing to keep with the times. TimeMatters was increasingly problematic with various issues over the last 5 years.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's document/court form automation features. We would like to speak to you more about the challenges your firm is facing with billing and reporting. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

alison from whmb pc

not as promised .

I am unhappy with LEAP - it is far too expensive for the rather BASIC functionality.

Pros

the timesheet/timekeeping .......................

Cons

Lack of customization options for invoices with direct payment Awful app - very few mobile options Forms are not easily customizable and are literally just copy/pasted from court website.... except the court websites are easier to use Difficulty with applying payments, etc.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

LEAP appeared to have more functionality.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

A lot of promises were made to us by the sales team about how efficient LEAP would be to our practice.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Our forms are carefully recreated from the courts, to comply with statutory and court requirements, but in a manner designed to make them more user-friendly. We add automation capabilities to these forms so you can save time with data input and reduce risks of error. We want to make sure LEAP is running efficiently for your law firm. Please email pma@leap.us so we can connect you with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources, including template automation, in our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Christopher D. from Law Office of John G. MacLachlan & Associates, LLC

A solid choice on case management and overall firm matter management system

Pros

It might take a bit getting used to and when first creating a matter it takes a lot of data input, but once you get through that it makes everything you do on that matter in the future faster and easier. The forms generated pull from those data points and helps to speed up the process of writing everyday documents and even some motions in trial practice. It is a good place to store large files are larger cases in the cloud so that they do not clutter your office. Whenever I have an issue, customer support reaches out in the same day and resolves my issues.

Cons

I wish it handled a few more file extensions as some of our digital files would not upload correctly and we would need to reference such external media in addition to the use of LEAP to view everything on a certain matter.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP. Our team is glad to hear that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's comprehensive case management and document/court form automation features. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are constantly innovating LEAP to be the best legal software available for attorneys. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Charles from Progressive Law, LLC

LEAP Into Success!

It has changed my practice in so many ways. Even if there were a better software, this software has been a game changer for this firm.

Pros

My personal favorite attribute to this software is the technical support behind it. The helpdesk at LEAP is by far the most proficient, responsive, respectful, diligent, and most importantly, the helpdesk with the most overall proficient technicians responding. Every technician I have every worked with, and I ask questions to them almost as often as if they were in my office sitting with me, has a comprehensive knowledge of the entire software. If there has been a unique issue, they have always solved it within minutes. They are truly amazing. My next favorite attribute is that the software becomes more useful and powerful with every piece of information you fill out. It requires the users to put the information into the system, but once it's there, what you can do with the information is where the dividends pay off. Clerks will spend far less time doing clerical work. Attorneys can draft better documents repeatedly in order to maximize time. Next, is the document automation. It is continually being developed as we continue to work. Being able to generate large documents that can be used repeatedly at a substantial fee is a valuable asset. I think my partner, who keeps our books, would say that the push over to Quickbooks feature is the best. It is timesaving and allows less room for error.

Cons

The accounting methodology is different from the US methodology causing a greater learning curve during the transition to LEAP.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

First, LEAP started with their customer service from the very beginning whereas some of the other companies above just told me to watch their demo when I reached out. LEAP sent to very professional sales representatives out to see me and show me their product in person and answered my questions. This has not stopped since my purchase. It's just different people answering the questions. As far as features go, there was only one or two features another program had that LEAP did not and the LEAP had that the other did not. The Quickbooks integrations was a key feature as a small firm. Time is money. In summary, it came down to one or two features and the invaluable customer service they provide.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

We need software that required less in house tech support. We needed document automation. We needed a software that kept better financial records. We needed software that was more integrated with other types of applications. We needed LEAP!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on our customer support team, online intake, document automation, and strong integrations with QuickBooks Online. At LEAP, we value our customers and pride ourselves on offering individual attention from consultation to training. We look forward to continuing our effort to make LEAP legal software a valuable asset to your law firm.

Lynn from Buskey Law Offices

Formerly TurboLaw Billing Software

I have a negative attitude towards Leap in general because they interfered with the "good thing" I had with TurboLaw. I had several long telephone calls with Leap representatives to review all the functions that Leap has to offer, and I found that it was always much more than I was looking for in software for my small firm. I was very disappointed when Leap purchased TurboLaw and drastically increased the price without any grandfathering for existing TurboLaw customers.

Pros

I really liked this billing system. I found that it was not overly complicated to use, and it had all the functionality I needed (plus some additional functions that I could have used, but didn't venture into). The billing software was previously TurboLaw before Leap purchased it, and the price was very reasonable for the product provided - reasonable monthly fee for relatively simple software base.

Cons

When Leap purchased TurboLaw they more than tripled the monthly fee after just a few months. At that point, I went searching for a new billing system because it was too expensive for my small firm, and in my opinion, too expensive for what it had to offer. As a solo practitioner, I did not need anything fancy or expansive, and unfortunately Leap took this option away from me when they purchased TurboLaw.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

I chose TurboLaw before it was purchased by Leap because it was easy to use and was a great price in comparison to most of the other programs out there. I have found that billing software can be very expensive, primarily because the software offers a lot of functions that a small (solo) firm does not necessarily need. So, I was looking for something simple to use without "too much" to offer.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

I was in a partnership using Timeslips off a server in the law firm. We closed the office and worked remotely without a server, so Timeslips became a problem for us to use remotely (there were errors occurring, and we were told that it was not set up for how we were trying to use it at that time). I went with TurboLaw because of the monthly price and the apparent ease of use. I was very happy with the switch at that time.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on user feedback. We are cloud-based with features like billing, forms (incl. REBA/TurboLaw), and more. Visit community.leap.us for training resources.

Don from The Pitman Law Offices LLC

Saves time, saves money.

Timekeeping is a huge benefit, along with keeping things organized.

Pros

LEAP allows me as a solo practitioner to do a lot of things well and efficiently. The document production software is excellent and I can use the mobile app to keep things moving even when I'm not in the office.

Cons

The mobile app does need better integration with the main product so it can be more useful. For example, being able to generate a new document would be very helpful from your phone. The RapidPay system also needs a revamp as well.

Better customer service.

You bought them.

Nicola from Cadicina Law, LLC

Fantastic software

We have been using Leap for over two years and have been very impressed with its features. It takes care of our needs in our law firm and is super easy to use. The customer support is fantastic. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Pros

I love the one software for all of needs of our firm. The software is easy to use. If there is ever a question, the support is outstanding. The chat is so easy to use, everyone is so professional, patient and friendly and know their stuff. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Cons

My only complaint with the software are the interest invoices. It's confusing. I would prefer being able to bill the interest on one invoice only.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

The sales representatives were very good at their jobs! Another firm and our IT firm also recommended LEAP.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Started a new law firm and wanted a billing system that was more with the times!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP legal software. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from our all-in-one practice management solution and assistance from our customer support team. At LEAP, we are constantly innovating our software to perform better for our users. We would like to demonstrate an easier way for you to add interest on an invoice. Please email pma@leap.us to set up some time with a dedicated Practice Management Advisor. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm.

Elisa from flg

Industry: Law Practice

Better than competition but still a work in progress

Overall it has been relatively easy to learn. There are many aspects that I do not use on a daily basis and so I am not able to remember how to use them or where to find the tools to use them. I think that based upon all of the different legal management softwares I have used over the years, this one is by far the best of the bunch, but your promise of automation of forms, especially new forms is very slow and needs quite a bit of improvement. I like your chat help, they are actual humans and have always been helpful.

Pros

I like that everything is organized in the program and I have one place to find everything. I also like how easy it is to input my time.

Cons

I have issues with saving addresses into cards. There is a notes line that covers the "Save" button and it does not work. I have to do a workaround. I am constantly getting error messages about an LEAP Schema, even when I restart the computer and reinstalling has not helped. I do not like that I cannot find the subfolders in a matter where a document is located when I do a search. I do not like that I cannot change how the matters list documents - for a long time it was by date. Now in the last month or so it is alphabetical. I want to be able to customize this. I also don't like the billing - I try to generate a bill for my own time as I am of counsel. I cannot create a bill that has the matter number (and/or name) activity and HOURS spent. I only get the money piece. I have to use a staff/time activity and customize the document in Excel which is time consuming and clunky. I do not like that it takes so long for you to automate forms (such as the new NY POA and Medicaid documents) as this is the cornerstone of your sales pitch

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's centralized database and time recording features. Our team would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Annika from DangerLaw

Industry: Law Practice

Made our estate planning practice seamless

It is a steep learning curve, even for an office full of millenials. But it is COMPLETELY worth it. Having our entire firm run from LEAP and its Microsoft integrations has made the COVID work from home transition incredibly easy and, likely, at least semi-permanent!

Pros

Full integration with Microsoft Office. Our entire practice takes place via LEAP. Easy to search, easy to use once you know how. The ability to customize estate planning templates and the ease of creating documents once those are set up has completely transformed and streamlined our estate planning practice. Very responsive staff.

Cons

There is some translation confusion from the UK/Australia to how US law practices work. It is certainly a big learning curve, and their Microsoft Excel integration with the court forms could use some work.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates including court forms, integrations, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Jordan from David L. Moss & Associates, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Best Legal Software Around!

Pros

LEAP is excellent for automating documents so that you don't have to waste time typing in generic information that is in all your documents and letters. It is excellent to keep all your documents in one place on each matter and if you are in court, the phone app is a must! Making the switch from our outdated practice management software to LEAP was the best decision for our practice!

Cons

If you are a volume practice, invoicing by matter becomes a bit overwhelming, but it's just something you have to get used to. Being that it's cloud based software, you also have to wait some time for documents to load.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Didn't have LEAP's functionality. It was very limited.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Outdated software, too expensive.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our automated forms and documents, matter management, mobile app, and making the switch. We are committed to helping law firms like yours.

Shari from Law Office of Shari B. Rackman

Industry: Law Practice

This product has made working from home possible.

Pros

This software manages my practice for billing, filing, document preparation and scheduling. It is easy to use and worth every penny. There are a number of tie in programs that work well with LEAP, like website management, appointment scheduling, and court filing, which make LEAP the only system I need to run my practice. Having it all accessible on my phone is a major bonus.

Cons

Discounting billing is a bit counter-intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Could not figure out how do use Cleo to maximize benefits

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP Legal Software. Our team greatly appreciates your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing attorneys with a solution that allows them to manage their entire practice and make more money. We are glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's billing, document, and matter management features. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your firm!

Amanda from New Horizons Law, P.A.

New to Leap Love all the features

I am still learning so much and every day I feel like there are new features to make my job easier.

Pros

I love the features that you can integrate with Leap.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot tab around all fields, the enter buttons on my keyboard both do two different things in some places, having to print a deposit slip prior to getting the payments over to QuickBooks.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Too many issues that could not be fixed and cost

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's integrations and comprehensive feature set. You can learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

ANDREA from Mountain, Dearborn & Whiting LLP

Still very happy after two years

My overall experience with Leap has been positive and all of the people I have worked with at Leap have been tremendously helpful. The software has even gotten better since we signed up so I like that they are always looking to make improvements.

Pros

Having all documents, emails, time entry, billing, IOLTA funds all in one place when looking at a client. I no longer have to jump around to multiple places to get the full picture on a client. I would pick this software again any day.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish we had a better way to tailor the fields in a bill to our needs.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Ease of us, overall efficiency and cost.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Juris was antiquated and not a windows based program. It would have cost us far more money to upgrade to their module systems than to change to Leap. We found Juris clunky and expensive.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your support and positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates including accounting, billing, and more. Ideas from our users can be submitted here: community.leap.us/s/ideas-user-guide.

Cheryl from DiBella Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Not a user friendly program and very hard to work on Leap documents.

I still find it hard that you can't just call technical support and have to make an appt. a couple of days out or wait all day for a return call.

Pros

the detailed cards for the plaintiff, defendant, opposing counsel, etc.

Cons

This software is not user friendly and complicated to learn/use.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

The salesman made Leap look more efficient. Was not the case.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team is glad to see that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's matter management capabilities. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing. Please contact one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors by emailing pma@leap.us. Our LEAP Support team is also available via online chat, on LEAP Community, with an average 13-second response time. We look forward to speaking with you soon. In the meantime, you can learn more about how to use LEAP efficiently with our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Wendy from Case Estate & Elder Law

Industry: Law Practice

Leap is a good product but needs more tweaking

Pros

As with any new product, there have been challenges and an adjustment period. Most features are easy to use, but there are some that need perfecting. Entering time, entering clients and phone calls is fairly simple.

Cons

The document preparation process is not as effortless as one would hope. The margins are often and issue, transferring data does not always seem intuitive and MS word often has to be repaired. The critical dates section could be improved by making it easier to enter personalized information for the matter. The calendar could be improved so that it is simpler to add appointments without using the MS Office calendar.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Time Matters is being phased out.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team is glad to see that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's ease of use, time recording, and client management. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing with document management. Please contact our LEAP Practice Management Advisors by emailing pma@leap.us. We look forward to speaking with you and making LEAP more aligned your firm's processes.

Donald from Kiley Kiley & Kiley PLLC

Great Application, but Expect to Endure a Learning Curve

For a while i felt like i had been given a jet plane, but could do no more than push it down the runway. After learning how to "fly," it has been a great improvement to our office.

Pros

Billing and Time-Keeping are Excellent features. You will bill more hours and be much better equipped to keep track of your time

Cons

Huge learning curve. But well worth it.ime

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

LEAP integrates all the functions into one program. My TIME does MATTER, and using Time Matters and PC Law consumed too much of it.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team greatly appreciates your feedback and we are glad to see that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's billing and instant time recording features. You can learn more about LEAP's comprehensive features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Linda from Crane Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Leap is not perfect but it could be.

I actually love it. It has bern indispensable for operating remotely in 2020 and beyond

Pros

Billing and time keeping, email, the mobile app, case and document management,

Cons

The lack of available categories for matter types tgst reflect aspects of real law practice in Illinois

Leap was more comprehensive

User unfriendly

Anthony from Legal

Leap Review

Overall I am happy with Leap but will have to develop work-arounds for the billing review and trust application issues.

Pros

The time keeping and document management features are very good. That is extremely important beacuase most of my day is managing documents & e-mails and keeping time while doing so.

Cons

Billing is very cumbersome. Revising bills after pre-billing is difficult and not intuitive. Applying retainers at the time of billing and having the bill show the retainer applied to that bill does not work.

Document management features.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Wanted a cloud based product.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates and new features for LEAP including accounting, billing, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Casey from Casey & Barnett LLC

Overall I am happy with it.

Pros

The program is easy to use. It allows all of us to work from remote locations and still be able to work on the same client matter.

Cons

The number of steps necessary to implement some of the features is frustrating. I feel that some of the steps are unnecessary and that there should be a simpler way. I also find it hard to find some of the answers to questions and find myself reaching out via email to the tech support team frequently.

price and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Because we wanted to have a cloud based product.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's ease of use, remote accessibility, and comprehensive matter management features. You can learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Danica from Heymann & Fletcher

Can't work without it

Pros

I like that everything is in one place.

Cons

That you cannot select how you want the letter to read, i.e., if you select an electronic letter to John Smith, Esq., from Heymann & Fletcher's card, the letter reads Dear Smith, Esq., rather than Mr. Smith.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP. We are glad to hear that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's centralized practice management solution. We greatly appreciate your feedback and recommend that you connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor by emailing pma@leap.us. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Kathryn from Mullen Associates

Industry: Law Practice

LEAP transforms office efficiency and organization.

Before LEAP and on-line, cloud-saving software...hands on paper files in a stationary office setting was necessary. LEAP makes it possible for all colleagues to have access to all files all the time anywhere, and it is affordable for small businesses.

Pros

As an estate and real estate paralegal for 30 years, working with LEAP brings file access, organization and storage to a modern efficient level. With LEAP, working remotely from anywhere is now possible and practical. LEAP saves time that used to be spent copying, finding documents and communicating file information with colleagues.

Cons

Becoming proficient on any new software, especially one with the power of LEAP, can be daunting.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

LEAP is so much more versatile and mobile and the features make the other system obsolete.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that LEAP is improving your law firm's document management and client collaboration on multiple devices. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy to see that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

Pamela from Smith Green & Gold, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Overall a very good product...

Implementation and learning curve a lot harder than we expected. A lot of issues importing our information from PCLaw to LEAP. And the billing has been a real struggle for us.

Pros

The ease of use as an attorney - the ability to easily track time and have client information, emails and documents all in one place and available in the cloud has been a huge timesaver.

Cons

The billing functions and exporting to Quicken are clunky at best. very little ability to customize the bookkeeping functions for our practice. While attorneys in the office are more efficient, my bookkeeper is not.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

PCLaw obsolete and we liked the idea of a cloud based system.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates and new features for LEAP including accounting, forms, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Scott from Law Offices of Scott J. Goldstein, LLC

Review of Leap

Pros

LEAP is great for document automation and case management.

Cons

The price is a little high compared to a lot of the other programs out there.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP Legal Software. Our team greatly appreciates your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing attorneys with a solution that allows them to manage their entire practice and make more money. We are glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's document automation and matter management features. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your firm!

Katherine from Law Office of Katherine M. Potter

Cumbersome

Pros

Billing and Time Accounting are mostly easy to use; SOME of the templates are easy to use

Cons

The system is very cumbersome overall, not intuitive, have to save and close everything before finishing a task and then have to reopen the matter; financial statements are not in proper order for court (doesn't allow footnotes); too many steps to complete a simple task (ie adding interest to an invoice, etc)

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Looked like it would be good comprehensive system

Turbolaw was phasing out

Larry from Larry S. Raiken, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

LEAP sells you the product and stays with you until you are finished with your case.

In the standard computer software, that attorneys use they have to jump from one screen to the next to the next before their project can be completed, in LEAP you don't have to do that, you have everything in one single program, you have a trust accounting program, you have a time billing program, you have everything in one place, you don't have to go from one program to the next, one login one place one job, LEAP has everything I need to run my practice efficiently.

Pros

LEAP's customer service is easy, responsive, and cordial. Unfortunately, in today's world, people don't understand the need to provide good services. Customer service has taken a back seat to sales in most companies. With most software, no one is helping you understand how to use the product properly. With LEAP, it's a different story.

Cons

There isn't anything I can say that I don't like. Prior to using LEAP I had to use 4 different programs, now I have it all in one system. I wish LEAP was available sooner.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that our training and customer service has exceeded your expectations. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Sheena from Strileckyj Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Paralegal's/Legal Assistant's best friend!!!

It's a must have for any size law office! Organization is a must in our business and LEAP provides just that with an accessibility ease to go along with it. It is also very lawyer friendly, as I know, we paralegals/legal assistants probably do the majority of the actual drafting and keeping of time. My boss caught on very quickly.

Pros

There are so many features in LEAP that make my job easier, but my favorite feature may be the "New Comment" feature. It gives me a way to notate the file, bill my time and notify my boss of what he needs to review/fix/sign/etc, all in one step.

Cons

The thing I like least is having to take multiple steps to transfer funds in the same account from retainer to trust.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

PCLaw is not up to date with the current times. Fewer options and more steps to everything. Plus you cannot create documents or keep client files in PCLaw.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and the LEAP Comment feature. Our Design and Automation team is committed to innovation and adding new features to LEAP. We are happy to see that your firm is benefitting from these innovations and is a valuable asset to your firm!

Karina from Lucid Law, Debt Relief Attorneys

online chat box never works & there is a 24 hr delay in response to support req's.

Pros

once you get someone to help they are great templates are very helpful billing & time keeping is great & synchs with iphone - love that being networked with my staff & being able to login from anywhere is great

Cons

it's clunky you can't start an email outside of LeAP & then attach a document; it has to be generated from a matter - not practical also cannot grab documents from matters to upload to court for filings - they have to be downloaded and then saved outside of LeAP and then security has to be removed - it's a pain for us e-filers clients with more than one matter do not get linked - submatters are totally separate matter; again, not practical esp for accounting and bookkeeping

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. We provide our LEAP users many resources to help troubleshoot and assist with any training related queries. Our in-house LEAP Consultants can also provide Best Practice sessions. The LEAP Community offers training videos, troubleshooting services, and our Live Chat service. Our Live Chat allows you to quickly connect with a representative that can assist you in fully utilizing LEAP. You can visit the LEAP Community and access our Live Chat support at: https://community.leap.us/s/support-US.

Mackenzie from Truslow and Truslow

Review of LEAP

We are getting paid more which is the goal. I am working more efficiently and I am able to set forms, etc. up as I would want them.

Pros

Customizable features Support E-mail organization Payment reminders

Cons

I thought the CRM feature would be more customizable and I would be able to link it into our lead service.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Needed better case management for flat fee cases

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP Legal Software. We pride ourselves on providing attorneys with a solution that allows them to manage their entire practice and make more money. Our team is glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from our library of court forms, matter management capabilities, and payment reminders. We are happy that LEAP is a valuable asset to your firm!

Yaron from Ecoff Campain & Tilles, LLP

LEAP is a feature-rich practice management solution

Pros

What we like most about LEAP are the features that allow us to manage all of our cases, clients, and documents in one solution and we can access all of it from anywhere (i.e., in-office computer, smartphone, tablet, a web browser). LEAP has built-in integration with the software programs we use most (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PDF) and offers robust template creation and implementation capabilities, secure file sharing, and full-featured timesheets, billing/invoicing, and accounting functionality.

Cons

There is no phone number for product support. Product support is done via a support ticket system, chat, or email. It would be helpful to be able to call support to get a quick answer to an issue that may be difficult to explain by chat/email.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP Legal Software. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's integrations and comprehensive feature set including case management and document automation. You can learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Nancy Jo from THOMASON & PRACHT, LLP

LEAP Review Six months in

We love it. There were certainly frustrations going from one platform to another. We are still learning every day. But overall, the cloud based system has allowed us to have virtual employees and work remotely, which we could not do before.

Pros

The access via any computer and my iphone to documents, calendar, etc is amazing compared to what we were using before. I love that chat support is available all day. I use it a lot!

Cons

The practice areas are not as customizable as we would like. I wish they would dedicate a development team to each state so they could get an understanding of the unique ways each state handles different areas of law. There are some reports they need to add.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

LEAP was best able to accommodate our unique compensation structure between our partners.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and calendaring functionality as well as having complete remote accessibility. We are always looking to improve LEAP for our users in specific jurisdictions. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money and we are happy that LEAP has been a valuable asset to your firm!

Kalie from Law Offices of Lydon & Richards PC

Leap Review

Pros

It is definitely a good product to wrap all office components, time keeping, documents and billing features.

Cons

The document templates are finicky. Sometimes the features don't translate well.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Did not like Clio's billing systems, very unfriendly to users.

Helen from Law Office of Helen M. Quan , LLC

Overall good experience, user friendly and helps manage use the time wisely.

Pros

Its all in one, document creation along with helping case management.

Cons

Sometimes certain issues that need continued work on; work in progress.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

I need software that was populated documents as well.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP Legal Software. Our team greatly appreciates your feedback and we are glad to see that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's ease of use, centralized database, document automation, and matter management features. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Kristal from DAVIS & MENDELSON LLC

LEAP Product Review

Pros

The product is user friendly only if one understands the entire functionality of the product. However, my favorite feature of the product are the contact cards. This eliminates the need to hunt down the contact information for the client, opposing attorney, or any other individual involved with the case at hand. Also, I enjoy the fact that the docket number and additional case details can be stored within the matter.

Cons

Some features do not cooperate on a day to day, which is understandable in certain aspects. However, when the programs (Word, Adobe, etc.) do not correspond properly with LEAP, it can truly slow down the work flow.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It's great to hear that your firm has benefited from LEAP's client and matter management functionality. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

Kathleen from Law Office of Kathleen F. O'Sullivan, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Helpful tool to be able to access cases on the go.

Pros

The ability to view documents from remote locations and automatic time saving when creating a document.

Cons

Some of the templates are unnecessarily cumbersome to use and can take a while to load. The updates for each template that I open seems unnecessary as well. A single update each day or week would be more appropriate.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

This seemed to combine billing and document creation into one program.

Randee from Habba Madaio & associates llp

LEAP review from law firm

Overall it is not a bad system. It’s good for accounting.

Pros

I like the operating / trust account aspect and how I can keep track of all money in and out there. It’s not entirely user friendly to me. A lot of pop ups and then it freezes

Cons

I wish there were more reports I can pull for specific attorneys & clients time and how much money was received per client

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

We thought it would be cost effective

August 2016

Frank from The Law Office of Frank J. Materia

August 2016

LEAP is the Future

LEAP is AWESOME! I am a solo practitioner, and LEAP provides me with the ability and appearance of a mid-size firm. From LEAP's professional looking Invoices; to the ease of creating forms and templates; to providing an easy way to track and log my billable time; to the ability to email, fax, create letters, and PDFs with a simple click of a mouse that makes the annoying task of sending correspondence a thing of the past. LEAP makes law office practice and management fun. LEAP's team of professionals like Amy Marinho and Terrance Morgan are just a phone call or an email away. They are always there to help you, by making training on LEAP fun and easy. They quickly responding to any questions you may have in regard to LEAP. I feel that Amy and Terrance are part of my law firm staff, and as a solo practitioner that feels great. Amy once said to me "anything is possible with LEAP!" that is so true! I made a great decision to become an Attorney; I made another great decision by getting LEAP! What are you waiting for... GET LEAP!

Pros

I love the ease of the forms and template creation. The simple way LEAP allows you to track and log my time and the itemizing of the services provided on a given matter. Invoices are created with great ease and look very professional. LEAP makes the accounting aspect of law firm practice simple to track.

Cons

One con, why didn't the creators of LEAP have a program to make law school fun and easy!?

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that our forms and templates are increasing your firm's productivity. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Chelsea from Connor & Morneau LLP

User Friendly

Pros

This application is user friendly for the most part. It was a great way to get our document management system remote and accessible from home and mobile.

Cons

Some of the syncing from e-mail to software is not streamlined.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP. Our team is glad to hear that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's ease of use, document management, and remote accessibility. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are constantly innovating LEAP to be the best legal software available for attorneys. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Nicole from Kim Smith Law Group, PLLC

Great software

Overall I like LEAP.

Pros

The basic features of LEAP are very user friendly. Time keeping/management is great.

Cons

The emails get saved in various places - would be better if they automatically went into one place. Misc. errors when opening Adobe pdfs. The formatting of documents is sometimes difficult to edit.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Seemed like a more efficient way to manage files.

As a solo practitioner, LEAP has cut my administrative time down significantly!

Pros

The program is easy to use and provides everything you need as a solo practitioner. Documents, accounting, etc. are provided and integration is generally free of errors, so everything done on a file is kept within the file. Customer service is great and the account managers are always available and knowledgeable. The help chat is great. Integration with Outlook and other Office software is very convenient (Microsoft Word is another story, but LEAP's integration is great).

Cons

There are some documents that I would anticipate being available that are not, although most documents are available. Interface online is very different from app interface, although most work is done on app. Mobile is generally very good, but with some updating glitches and inability to input data into Outlook.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on users' feedback. We add new forms daily. You can save Microsoft Outlook emails into your LEAP matters. Visit community.leap.us for help. Our Support team is available 9am-8pm EST.

Susan from Churchill & Tilden, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Great Product to use for keeping office organized

i absolutely love the program

Pros

Very easy to use, training is always available and tech support

Cons

I have issues some time updating letters but they always help me

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Billing didn't integrate like leap does, you had to go into other programs for billing. The system is easy to do a cross check with clients, easy to use

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP Legal Software. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing attorneys with comprehensive legal software, and a team of practice management experts, that enable law firms to improve organization and make more money.

Nurul from Amin Haque Ltd

Industry: Law Practice

Not suitable to litigation practice and most fixes are costly add-on apps

It is a very frustrating and very expensive system. It is a frankenstein system - just loads script bolted together to make it work but not much of it (besides the document) works very well. There is no workflow - that costs extra £495 per month There is a 73% price hike and most things are additional extras You cannot create own specific critical dates to create any workflows Cannot have workflow out of the box# Need Xero for office accounting - extra costs

Pros

Leap has a very good document library which is why we initially selected leap. However, this is probably the best feature. Creating templates is also easy as is some of the accounts features. However, it does not have a general accounting facility - so you'll be paying extra to Xero for that.

Cons

Tasks - it is heavily reliant on MS Outlook. If you do litigation, imagine note being able to access or edit tasks allocated to one of your fee earners and that fee earner is off. What do you? When it comes to diarising tasks, you will be spending more time accepting assigned tasks than actually earning any fees. As an example, on a litigated matter i could have up to 20 directions that i need to comply with. my assistant will set a 14, 7, 2 and on the day reminder (this is a laborious task in Leap). thats 4x20 (80 tasks). i then receive 80 emails i need to open, accept and save (imagine how long that takes). The task is then saved in my out look tasks. No one else can access or edit or delete. This is stuck in outlook and in the matter! So if i leave - and i have 100 files, thats 800 tasks that no one can access - they will have to troll through the file and set the tasks again. You see the problem! we learnt the hardway. There is no adequate reporting - so you want to find out how many files you have with a particular supplier/referrer. You can find that out but you can export that into excel . you want to run that report - a third party app will cost you more.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

The price was the biggest factor - however, a 73% price hike for a small firm taught us - you get what you pay for.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. However, this Capterra page is for LEAP Legal Software available in the United States. We work hard globally to address and respond to feedback from our users. Please visit the LEAP UK Community site (community.leap.co.uk) for local support for your version of the software.

greg from Casey & Barnett

review of Leap software

Pros

document management is great as it allows us to go to a cloud based file system.

Cons

the software does not allow you to easily manage it at times. not as simple as it could be. a bit cumbersome and time consuming to someone who just wants to do relatively easy things but does not use the software every day.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

seemed like the best product for our firm, installation and training would make things easier as well

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

to incorporate all aspects of the firm in one software.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied July 2021

We greatly appreciate your review of LEAP Legal Software. Our team is glad to hear that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's comprehensive case and document/court form management. Download our Remote Training Catalog to learn more efficiencies and get the most out of LEAP: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to improve your law firm's practice management.

Michael from Gordonlaw LLP

LEAP review

Excellent

Pros

Enables me to run a small law practice and compete with the big firms

Cons

Forms need to be vetted better and updated more regularly

Recommended