All Indeed Reviews

Sheila

Consumer Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Indeed Review: Indeed Worked for Us!

Jeff

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great candidate search tool!

Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

PROS

My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

CONS

Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I used both platforms for a bit of time but it wasn’t long before I used Indeed exclusively. Honestly, the strength and tenure of new hires that I sourced from Indeed told the story....better candidates, better hires, better business decision!!

Ankit

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Synonymous with excellence in Human Talent Recruiting...!!!

A significant problem arises when applicants do not complete their resumes on Indeed and submit a partial resume for a job. Ease of use is evident when looking at potential candidates for open positions. Be very clear about the quality of resumes based on those sent through Indeed. It makes my work life very simple.

PROS

In addition, the filter questions and interview functions of mobile phones and smartphones save a lot of time, effort, and effort. I used to waste candidate time and schedule the telephonic interview to do what Indeed now routinely does for me. Although it is the best application in terms of recruiting and UI, it is amicable and easy to integrate. We have integrated it with our company software and imported and exported the candidate contacts files directly.

CONS

I don't like being optional for candidates to list their positions. Sometimes we get applications from candidates who passed the evaluation but ended up not being local. I also want candidates to verify their phone number, as some candidates add an inactive number to the question making it difficult to contact them. Apart from that, it is mind-blowing application.

Reason for choosing Indeed

After comparing with other alternatives, we matched various pros and cons and their pricing too. In the end, we needed a tool to work over technical profiles mainly, and so we finally picked Indeed due to its good reviews.

Reviewed October 2018

Paid Version is Pointless

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop for job searchers made them the #1 job posting site quickly. But the dirty little secret is that this model isn't sustainable, and like Monster and Amazon, their first goal was to grow their user base, and then try to force paid versions onto their user base. However, unlike Monster, their product is only good because it was unique and free. There are tons of other sites that now use the aggregate scraping model and are much better programs. In addition, Google-for-Jobs has pretty much made Indeed obsolete by offering the same ability, but using the vast superior searchability of Google with an already existing Millennial user-base. The software is better, and it already syncs with google search. Regarding the paid version of Indeed, it just isn't worth it unless you recruit in large cities, you may need to use the paid version in order to not be buried quickly in their ads, but even then, the effectiveness is debatable when you can update the ad or repost it every few days. Even in larger cities, I haven't seen any quantifiable benefit of using the paid version.

PROS

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis. The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs. Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

CONS

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete. Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says. Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull. They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Katie

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Used to Love It...now it's too expensive

It's been great for many years, but it's time to move on to another site.

PROS

I always get candidates. It's been a reliable place to go for finding applicants.

CONS

It's grown to cost far to much for a small business to use! Features anyone used to have access to for free, you now have to pay and then pay some more. It's $100+ per month to use Indeed Resumes to invite people to apply for your job. To post a job in my business category they suggest over $1,000 per month to run an ad and get a decent number of applications. That's just out of reach for a small business like mine! It's too bad, because it's been such a reliable source for me to find help for so many years. I also do not like that employees can review you as an employer, but you cannot review the employee on Indeed. We have had disgruntled employees who were fired for not showing up to work give us poor reviews on Indeed. We cannot reply to the reviews, provide feedback on why the employee is no longer employed at our business, or warn other employers that the candidate had a poor performance.

Angie

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great sourcing page!

Great experience overall. I have been using Indeed for the past 5 years and its been a great experience!!

PROS

I like the pool that indeed has! Im able to find, source, and select good quality of candidates!

CONS

customer service is not that fast. I wish they had live agents like other softwares!

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Indeed is a well known system!! pricing is competitive, and they are always innovating!

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Indeed as an option

PROS

All job posts have the salary range and good explanation

CONS

It does not have a good tracking feature for jobs

Reasons for switching to Indeed

It’s easy to used and have more range and standards in the industry

Tikisha

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2021

Indeed Simplifies the job hunt

Overall, I feel Indeed was a great start up for me. I’ve landed a lot of great jobs on indeed & I would definitely recommend Indeed to any person that’s starting their career for entry level positions

PROS

What I like most about indeed is how it’s categorized for occupations & all the filters they offer when the job search activity. The resume build is really unique as well on how they save it to your profile & when you apply you can make any changes to it constantly, as well as choose if you want to omit any personal content information for each job.

CONS

We’ll unfortunately, I did not find Indeed was very help as my work history began to build over the years which brought me to the conclusion that this site is good for finding entry level jobs & supplemental income.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I was not able to land jobs anymore in the field of choice as the years progressed & no longer searching for entry level positions or 2nd jobs for supplemental income.

Tim

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Know your candidates well

I like using Indeed. In fact, whenever we look for talent, it's the first app we go to. The free tier still allows us to put ourselves out there and there are a lot of potential candidates.

PROS

I like how Indeed allows you to make internal notes for every candidate and then track whether that person has applied before. As an employer, this helps me stay updated and informed every time. So when I message a candidate, all my responses are correct and on point. It also makes candidates feel like we did our job to really look into their applications.

CONS

I can't really complain much about the software. It's been really helpful to us.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Jobstreet and Linkeind in quite expensive as compared to Indeed. Although we still use Linkedin, I particularly like the experience of using Indeed. We've tried posting in Instagram, but it isn't effective for a company with few followers.

Alejandro

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Indeed is a very easy to use software dedicated to hiring or searching process to anyone interested.

PROS

This is the way to go on the hiring process or to search for a new opportunity. The program keeps you informed all the status process either hiring or searching.

CONS

Nothing really that I don't like from this software, can be better if in the hiring process the candidates can share an image of themselves.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Monster is way complicated to use, need to ask for help frequently, customer service is great, but the software is not so friendly.

Marco

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Indeed works!

I’m happy with it. Gives me a chance to meet with potential hires. It’s one of the most respected in its field these days.

PROS

I always receive quite a few responses and applicants. Always plenty to pick from and they’re always spot on.

CONS

It seems like some of the applicants had some - but not all of the qualifications needed for the job. A lot to pick from but more quantity and not as much quality.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Wanted to try something other than Craigslist. Wanted to have a larger pool to select from. And it worked.

German

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

PROS

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

CONS

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Reason for choosing Indeed

The numbers showed that Indeed would be the most reliable option to maintain a good influx of candidates.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

We were not getting the response we were expecting.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

PROS

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

CONS

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Reason for choosing Indeed

Indeed is the most widely used. Anyone posting or searching for a job on LinkedIn, is also posting or searching on Indeed. It's the most comprehensive source for employers and candidates.

Paige

Market Research, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

My favorite job search software!

I've had nothing but good experiences with indeed, I've actually gotten hired with two different companies through the app and after you get hired you are able to put that on your profile that you are hired somewhere and basically off the market. For me it's just always been very easy to use and I've never had to question what I was doing in our when I was looking at!

PROS

I love the ease of use of indeed, it's never been difficult for me to navigate throughout the app or the website. I've never had to question what employers I have already applied to and which ones meet my specific qualifications. I especially love the little markers for each job application that say whether it is filling up quickly or if there is a lot of applicants who are applying, there's just a lot of information that's given and it really makes it easy to never doubt what is right in front of me!

CONS

To be honest I don't think I've ever had any problems with indeed. I have used it for years and I have always used it to keep my resume and it has since been very easy to update and keep track of places that I have applied to, places I've worked at, how long I've worked somewhere and the messaging feature is sort of new but that is also a nice touch that they added so that instead of having an email back and forth you are able to converse right in the app!

Reasons for switching to Indeed

I was just receiving too many spam emails and it wasn't keeping up with my resume the way I wanted it to and I was just overall not satisfied.

pawan

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

"Indeed: The Ultimate Job Search Platform"

My overall experience with Indeed is good. I've been able to post jobs and find jobs with ease, and the Business Development team has a 92% positive review rate. I'm able to find quality candidates quickly and the filters help me narrow down my search. I can also get help from Indeed's internal team if I'm having trouble creating my job ads.

PROS

One of the biggest advantages of Indeed is its ease of use. The website has a simple and intuitive layout, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. Additionally, the platform offers a wide range of job listings from various industries, making it a one-stop-shop for job seekers. Another advantage is its advanced search capabilities, which allow users to filter job listings by location, salary, company, and more, making it easy to find the perfect job for their qualifications and preferences. Furthermore, Indeed allows users to upload and manage their resumes, making it easy for potential employers to view and contact them. Users can also set up alerts for new job listings that match their criteria, ensuring they don't miss any relevant opportunities. Additionally, the Indeed app allows users to access job listings and manage their job search on the go.

CONS

One of the least liked aspects of the Indeed job search portal is the sheer number of tests employers often require potential candidates to take after they apply for a job. Additionally, there can be a lot of spam and outdated job postings, making it difficult to find relevant opportunities.

Reason for choosing Indeed

We chose Indeed over the alternative products because it had the most comprehensive search engine and offered the best value for money. Indeed also had the most user-friendly platform and offers virtual interviews on the platform. It is also the most visited job board in the US, making it a great option for employers who want to reach the widest possible audience. Additionally, Indeed offers free job postings and the ability to sponsor posts for additional visibility.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great Platform for Low Cost Recruiting

We've been using Indeed for recruitment (across many different types of positions) for five years now. I have nothing but good things to say about Indeed and my account rep.

PROS

I've been using Indeed as my primary source of recruitment for the past five years. It is a low cost recruiting platform. They have also added quite a few features over the past few years. Indeed allows end users to post their jobs for free or to set a specific budget for their job (based on cost per click). My case may be different as I've used it for so long, but I believe you are assigned a dedicated account rep to help you along the way and provide support should you have questions.

CONS

While very low cost, the cost per click method does charge you if someone clicks on your ad, whether they apply or not. This can sometimes result in maxing out your specific budget while receiving few candidates. However, from my experience, this is not typically the norm.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

ZipRecruiter was not as cost effective as Indeed.

Allegra

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Love the short list and messaging

We are a small company that usually has only one or two posts at any given time. We don't have the resources to spend days worth of man hours searching for the best applicants. Indeed has great filters and options to help automate the process so much, that we really only spend time reading through applications for job seekers that meet most or all of our criteria.

PROS

The short list is a really great feature of this software that really helps narrow down the best candidates. Indeed also allows the company to easily message job seekers who have not applied that have opted to make their information public. If they meet the company's criteria, we can message them directly and ask them to apply or reach out to us.

CONS

There is little that I don't like about this software since it is so straightforward and a breeze to use. I can't even think of anything specific I don't like other than the initial time it takes to get the post set up in the system. But, it is really no worse than any other job sites, and certainly quicker than several out there.

Reasons for switching to Indeed

Indeed had a much more stripped down modern look and layout that made it easier for us to look at for hours at a time looking through the lists of candidates. ZipRecruiter just looked more cluttered to our O.C.D. crew. It had great features, but it was really about organization for us.

Ashley