All Klaviyo Reviews

Steve

Apparel & Fashion, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

The Ultimate Email Platform that Scales with You!

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Better than mailchimp - no question

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

PROS

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules. For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder. You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

CONS

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

I heard good things about it from others, seemed more versatile and matched to our needs.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

There are annoying bugs in Mailchimp or missing features which Klaviyo does beautifully. Most of those issues are related to emails within a drip (flow in Klaviyo). Rearranging the order of emails, reusing blocks from one email in another one without recreating from scratch, creating multiple branches within a drip based on subscriber criteria, A/B testing your emails in a drip, all those are critical and only in Klaviyo.

Benjamin

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2023

A powerful platform for email marketing.

Overall I've been very happy with Klaviyo and appreciate its focus on email marketing and SMS rather than trying to be the tool for everything.

PROS

I use Klaviyo for my email newsletter. It's been a smooth process overall. I've had no issues importing and managing lists and contacts and have been happy with its design capabilities, deliverability, and analytics.

CONS

As my list grows, I'm a little weary of the pricing for larger audiences, but that is only an issue I see down the line.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

I liked Klaviyo 's focus on email and SMS and felt like its design tools & analytics fit my needs well.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Mailchimp had gotten a little clunky with its growth, and I was having some delivery issues. I felt it was time to try something new.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Klaviyo: A Dependable Email Marketing System

PROS

The features and capabilities of Klaviyo have been so impressive. Klaviyo is a cost-friendly email marketing solution.

CONS

All the features of Klaviyo are impressive. No cons for Klaviyo.

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Not user friendly, poor support

Poor, I wouldn't recommend Klaviyo over others that I have used (Active Campaign, Omnisend, Drip).

PROS

The Klaviyo application is very powerful, no doubt.

CONS

The UI for the automation flow filters are not intuitive and not well designed. Basic requirements for flows are unnecessarily difficult to implement. When you contact Klaviyo support, staff gives information that contradicts their published documentation and often don't actually give the correct advice at all, resulting going around in circles trying to get issues resolved. Klaviyo list management is also poor, and like some other platforms (seems to be a trend), Klaviyo gears the system towards pushing you to pay for more customer profiles than you actually need and then when you try to clean or remove profiles you have to go through manual processes, whereas Klaviyo could easily provide options to automate this, or at least NOT require manual CVS export/imports. I mean really Klaviyo it's 2022 people. The Klaviyo visual builder is buggy, even in their "NEW" builder there were bugs with things as basic as applying link colour styles at a global level. Generally also poor UI for the visual builder. Overall, it's almost like the Klaviyo designers tried to make the UI as clunky as possible, probably went to the same design school as the Mailchimp designers (which is equally terrible).

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Company decision. Minor frustrations/technical issues with Drip. In hindsight it was a poor choice.

Luke

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best email marketing platform we have used.

Migration and set up was long but relatively straightforward.

PROS

Drag and drop editor functionality was the best that I have seen on any platform especially with the customisations that you can do with variances in desktop and mobile versions.

CONS

We don't have a global view of all of our accounts. We do struggle to keep all 8 accounts up to the same standard as our main one.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Better email editor for mobile and desktop versions.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Better email editor with more direct integrations with Shopify. Also cheaper!

Gerald

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Klaviyo Is Great For eCom

We use Klaviyo regularly and it's great for email automations and campaign sends. Email marketing is a must for any eCom business and Klaviyo does it well. The only downside is the cost. It's starting to get super expensive as our list grows.

PROS

I like the automations, triggers, and data. Love that it integrates with shopify.

CONS

The cost is starting to get out of control. Getting really expensive.

Perez

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Klaviyo Meets Our Requirements

PROS

I like the efficiency and reliability of Klaviyo. Klaviyo is so amazing.

CONS

I do not dislike Klaviyo at all. Klaviyo meets our needs.

Ibrahim

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Ibrahim Koc

PROS

Setup flows and integrating with another apps.

CONS

I can not send SMS to Germany. And the price a little bit high.

Madeleine

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The Best Email Drag-And-Drop Builder

Klaviyo has my favorite email builder with drag and drop widgets that give you hundreds of options for layouts and graphic elements. You can also create global sections that can be used across different email templates.

PROS

I liked how easy it was to create sections with columns or nested elements within the drag-and-drop builder. There were very little layout restrictions and that made creating emails much more user-friendly and highly customizable.

CONS

Sometimes the fonts didn't always show in the email preview correctly.

CHRISTOPHER

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A great way to showcase products

We are always looking for a way to showcase our products and so try different providers in an effort to grow and test our email management. The set up for Klaviyo was simple and easy, as was the creation and send process. I would recommend testing it, especially if you have a very visual product catalog, as the image captures are what impressed us most.

PROS

Sharp and crisp product images that look great delivered via email.

CONS

The initial trial offer should be longer to be able to test deliverability, open rate and conversion rates.

Rochel

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Automation Email Marketing

I love this i will still use it on my shopify store.

PROS

I would say the best app on email marketing.

CONS

I couldn't think of content to put sometimes. I wish this have articles or trivia through integration of chatgpt.

Manny

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

PROS

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

CONS

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Ultimately we were able to get everything we were looking for at a lower cost with Klaviyo. Had some hiccups along the way and the Outlook rendering issue is a pain in the rear if you aren't coding all your emails, but to stay with Listrak, it would have been a much higher cost.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

If money wasn't an issue between the two platforms, I would have stayed preferred we stayed with Listrak, but there cost was way to high comparatively and not even for as many "goods."

Eszter

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Best e-mail marketing solution for Shopify

I have tried many email marketing providers (MailChimp, Sendlane etc) and found that Klaviyo offers the highest customer service, hands-on implementation, very detailed training and on-boarding. They also offer many pre-build email templates and flows that are customizable

PROS

Klaviyo's customer service and implementation team is outstanding! Nate walked us through the platform and shows us the dashboard, which was very helpful. After we signed up, we had 6 (1-hour) onboarding calls with an implementation specialist to make sure we set up everything correctly. They offer MANY pre-built email campaign templates and flows, so creating a full email strategy is very easy! Reporting and the dashboard is very user friendly. Connecting with Shopify only takes a minute.

CONS

We hope that the SMS marketing feature will integrate with Gorgias soon - Klaviyo confirmed that it is coming!

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp did not have an easy to reach customer service team and they did not offer a dedicated customer success manager like Klaviyo does.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailChimp did not provide training and tech support.

Kar

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Has everything an experienced marketer will need and more, but the slow/choppy UX is frustrating

Great! Although I’m very critical of their UX, Klaviyo makes up for it in the number of features it offers. Also a great platform for agencies, as it has a lot of built in reporting features.

PROS

It has all the features that a seasoned marketer needs

CONS

The user experience can often be slow and laggy unless you have a high end computer with lots of RAM. Probably the only bad thing about Klaviyo.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo offers sign up forms out of the box, unlike other ESPs

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailerLite was great, but lacked the segmentation and complexity that Klaviyo offers.

Sam

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Well worth the money

Despite the cons I laid out above, if you do have decent traffic and a good list size, you're missing out by not using klaviyo.

PROS

Klaviyo is the gold standard in eCommerce email & SMS marketing for a reason. It serves as a central hub for all your customer data and is the foundational building block for a strong segmentation & CLV strategy. It's extremely powerful with lots of features to tailor your marketing to your specific business case. I've also been very pleased with Klaviyo's customer support and educational resources.

CONS

Let's face it — this isn't the cheapest email software out there. For small eComm companies that are just starting out, it likely isn't the best option. The price isn't justified unless you have a decent-sized list and traffic on your site. It's also complex so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I've used a number of SMS and Email providers over the years. We just outgrew Omnisend and Mailchimp. Emotive, on the other hand, is just bad software. Switching away from them was easy.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Excellent Email Software

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

PROS

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

CONS

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Cost and for what we needed was sufficient enough. Cant fault Ometria for what it offers in detail and the sophistication and for those looking for repeat custom its in a class of its own but its over 5x the price.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Because pure360 was a more expensive and less productive product with less features.

Alyssa

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Excellent Email Marketing and Analytics Software

I enjoy using Klaviyo. Building new emails is easy (and fun) with their included templates and suggestions. The trainings and academy content helps to continue my professional development and means I am able to continue improving.

PROS

Klaviyo is an intuitive software for email list management and content creation that provides helpful analytics and suggestions for improvement. t integrates easily with Shopify. Live trainings with their team are helpful, and their support team for any inquiries makes for a great experience all around.

CONS

When integrating with Shopify at first, it can be difficult to track where emails are going out - through flows or directly through Shopify. We still have issues with some of this. Some of the training information is hard to implement when you are a company that does not introduce new products often or that has high-cost products.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

The switch was made prior to my joining the company, but I am glad it was made!

Jisselle