All FareHarbor Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

Fare Harbor makes it easy

Kaitlin

Reviewed March 2018

From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb.

PROS

While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

CONS

One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made in terms of format are quickly resolved by FareHarbor Support. On another note, there are times when we make adjustments in the dashboard ourselves - without the help of customer support. Yet, often those changes still have to be submitted to FareHarbor support staff, so they can make those amendments appear on our website to customers. It feels repetitive. If those small changes could automatically be reflected on the website, we feel both our staff and customer support staff could become more efficient. Finally, there seem to be plenty of features available at FareHarbor of which we users are unaware. For instance, our website was outdated and desperately needed some attention. We weren't aware we could get a website upgrade, or makeover if you will, until a support staff member reached out to us about that possibility directly. Perhaps implementing a list of available features - especially those that are at no additional cost - to all users would be a positive change all around and would ensure use all parties are using FareHarbor to the best of their ability.

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Replied March 2018

Reviewed April 2020

Works for basic needs, but has gaps

Overall we are booking field trips, tours, and other events. There are multiple users and multiple locations that we are all trying to book within. In the event we are all paying very close attention to what is going on everywhere, we can manage with no problems, however, if we are very busy or someone is very stressed to get something on Fareharbor in a hurry, it is possible to double book something without Fareharbor having any warning.

PROS

Features that I like most include that a hold can be placed on dates and times by utilizing Private Headlines. New bookings for contacts are very convenient as well as rebooking and cancellations. Plenty of places for notes and the ability to run reports for those various reports. Love all the freedom to program what you want when creating an event, especially when it comes to what information you want to collect from the registrant.

CONS

The load times are extremely slow. In addition, the program will allow overlapping event reservations utilizing the same resources without telling the user. This can allow double booking of the same location, despite what resources are marked when setting up the event. This is a major problem. There is also the inability to delete several bookings for the contact during the same Order. This is annoying and time consuming when the order has 10+ bookings.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

I was not included in the decision.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Previous software did not allow us to sale tickets on-line and Fareharbor did.

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of your experience with FareHarbor. It is great to know you've been able to take advantage of our features and customization. Regarding your resources and overlapping event reservations, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We can review your current set up and provide any recommendations for optimizing your existing resources.

Replied April 2020

Jaime

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Hard Times

I don’t know what to do. I have no other way of refunding my guests because of the booking fees Fare Harbor owes to my customers. How can they legally hold MY and my customers money indefinitely? Don’t trust this company with your business and don’t trust this company with your money.

PROS

I have used Fare Harbor for years and have always been happy with the services provided, ease of use and customer service. Times are hard now. We are in the middle of a world Pandemic and the tourist industry is being crushed. Honestly, I didn’t expect Fare Harbor to help me through this crisis. But I also didn’t expect Fare Harbor to hurt my company and my customers, but that is exactly what they did. I have hundreds of customers to refund because of cancelled trips due to Covid-19. I am risking my company, but it is the right thing to do. So I deposited money into my Fare Harbor account to refund my guests and Fare Harbor will not release the money. It is money from my bank account straight into my refund reserve so I can credit my customers credit cards, and Fare Harbor is holding it. It has been 8 days. I have promised my customers their refunds and Fare Harbor is blocking me from processing them by holding my money. It’s tens of thousands of dollars. I have bank verification the money has been in their account for days. Now my company is at risk because I told my customers they would get their refunds.

CONS

My husband and I own this business. We are family owned and operated. We are successful and have a great reputation. We have worked hard for a decade to make our company what it is. We care about our customers. Now Fare Harbor is single handedly destroying what we worked so hard for. I have spoken with several representatives of the company. At first they said 5 days. Definitely 5 days. After 5 days passed, they said any day. Now that it has been 8 days they are saying it will get there when it gets there. They will not say why they are holding my money to give my customers. They have not apologized, and I have no clear answers when I can expect it.

Hi Jamie - we understand the pressure and frustration to refund customers during this stressful time and want to work with you toward the best possible outcome. Our Payment Operations team has discussed some alternative solutions with you, but the ACH debits can take 5 to 10 business days, depending on the bank. It seems as of Friday (5/1) has landed in your account and is available to use. We are happy to clarify any additional questions you have regarding this process.

Replied May 2020

Rene

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Pay as you go

Fareharbor was the perfect solution for us over the last years but with increasing direct sales, the commission fee is getting now out of control. We will change therefore sooner or later again to Bokun, which is kinda sad. For comparison: Bokun Pro = 588USD/Year (1.5% Fee on 100.000USD Sales = 1.500USD) Total: 2.088USD/Year Farharbor = 6.0% Fee on 100.000USD Sales = 6.000USD) Total: 6.000USD/Year

PROS

The pay-as-you-go function, as we have changed from Bokun to Fareharbor during Covid. I think this is the only business model that is fair, as both sides have the same reasoning to develop sales in that case.

CONS

- The Marketplace is very weak - No option to cover the booking fees for customers (this doesn't make sense to me, especially no with Google Business integration, as customers can see that tours are cheaper on other OTA platforms like GYG or Viator). - The bookings fees of 6,00% is very high, 4.00% would be much more reasonable

Hi Rene, thank you for leaving your review. We appreciate hearing your feedback and will take it into consideration!

Replied December 2023

Kelly

Reviewed March 2023

Fareharbor 2022/2023

Fareharbor have been great to deal with and the system easy to use

PROS

Easy to use, especially the app when out and about, bookings and payments are easy as are cancellations and refundsDashboard is easy to see availability Manifests are detailed and handyGreat customer Service from our accounts manager, help desk and the team is fast and efficient The reports and invoice are great

CONS

Waiver forms don't always show on printed out manifest which can lead to some double handling.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

The sales person was very persuasive and got me on board and I then in turn got the business owner on board and we signed up and no regrets since

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The Fareharbor sales person did a good job of the hard sell

Heather

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

All the functionality I need with great customer service

Overall Fare Harbor is a great tool that helps my manage my food tour and excursion business on a day to day basis quickly and easily. The customer service is great. Their knowledge base and resources are outstanding as well as there in person customer service.

PROS

Onboarding and transitioning was easy and they are very helpful getting you up and running. I find the software easy to use and easy for me update and edit tours and availabilities. As a major player in the rez tech arena, Fare Harbor is competitive with upgrades and has API's with nearly every imaginable API you could want.

CONS

The reporting feature does not have a great UI and I find it difficult to extract the info I want. Also, one major downside is the booking window is a popup, therefore google conversions cannot be exactly tracked, only tangentially.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

I liked Fare Harbor's pricing model, free website managed by them and all the functionality I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The handwriting was on the wall that EZ Tix was starting to fail as a company. I needed to make a switch fast and EZ Tix had designed my website. Fare Harbor designs websites for free, and they are great, and are at no cost. But beyond that Fare Harbor had all the features I was looking for in booking software.

Demian

Reviewed May 2022

Highly Recommend!

Over all, for what I need from FareHarbor, it's a great fit!

PROS

I like the look of it, functionality, helpful instructions if need, and the increase in direct bookings, without customers contacting me first, to make a decision.

CONS

The FareHarbor Distribution Network could be improved upon. I didn't find value in that department, so do not offer my services for a commission. However, I did allow FH to set up a website for page for Other Activities, partnering with other local tour operators. I have yet to see the value in that for referring business. multiple times.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Started in Hawaii, reputation in Hawaii, other Tour Operators/friends who use it, style, and functionality.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

It was inferior to FareHarbor in many ways. Only advantage was no booking fee.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Fantastic software that seamlessly integrates with your site

Our non-profit arts organization / national historic landmark started shopping for a new ticket vendor amidst the pandemic when our formerly tried and true ticketing vendor (BrownPaperTickets) became negligent and withheld earned income from ticket sales for our events that took place in 2020. A sales rep from FareHarbor had been regularly reaching out to check in with us and see if we wanted to learn more about their product, and while shopping for a new service I spent countless hours doing research and speaking with representatives from several ticketing vendors (EventBrite, SimpleTix, etc.) and decided to give FareHarbor a shot as well. The sales representative was fantastic and thorough, answered all of my questions (and subsequent questions), provided support, and was highly transparent about everything - fees, onboarding, etc. We made the decision to try FareHarbor primarily because of how customizable their services are, the autonomy we get as a customer, the support provided by their team, how seamlessly it integrates with our website, and the fact that the branding is on point. Most other services have their own logo front and center with your business's logo and information secondary, and with FareHarbor all communication and interfacing makes our branding, logo and information top priority with subtle branding of their own. We are over the moon with their software and service!

PROS

The customer service team has been exceptional in providing complete information and support throughout the vetting process and then getting us set up, customizing our dashboard, training our staff, and continues to be highly responsive and supportive. It also integrates seamlessly with our website and is exceptionally user-friendly, not to mention how beautiful it looks!

CONS

So far we have not yet encountered anything we don't like about FareHarbor and their services. I'm thankful that the sales team was as persistent as they were with our organization in trying to share their product with us, or we may not have known it was an option for us. Thank goodness she kept calling, how many people can say that?

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

We used SimpleTix in a pinch while finishing the 2020 tour program and while it worked great it was slightly less user friendly, didn't integrate with our website as seamlessly, and wasn't as customizable as we needed it to be. They do have great customer service though. We decided against using EventBrite primarily because it required a one year contract and the branding was focused on EventBrite and not venues - for example, if you buy a ticket to an event through EventBrite, the email you receive has EventBrite branding front and center and the venue's information is minimal, so all EventBrite tickets look the same no matter what venue you purchase tickets for. It's not customizable. We also need to have customer support available 7 days per week, as our events take place primarily on weekends, and the sales representative was very transparent in saying that they did scale back customer support availability to be 5 days per week. FareHarbor has customer service 24/7, is fully customizable, doesn't require a contract, and the fees are comparable to other ticketing platforms. They also integrate with our website so that when a customer purchases a ticket, they never leave our website - and it didn't require altering the format or template of our website. The FareHarbor service team took care of all of it for us, made adjustments as needed, and has continued to provide consistent support for us.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

We had used Brown Paper Tickets as our ticketing vendor since 2008, and in 2020 they withheld the earned income we should have received from ticket sales for tours that took place between July and September of 2020. Brown Paper Tickets also shut down their customer service, and stopped responding to our inquiries about when we may receive what's owed to us. It's now 2021 and they still owe us over $30,000 for those tour ticket sales, and we are just one of thousands of venues and customers who are owed money by Brown Paper Tickets. They have lost our trust due to their gross negligence, and have yet to confirm any sort of timeline as to when we will get paid. As a small non-profit, we rely on that income to remain open to the public.

Hi Sarah - Thank you for sharing your review of FareHarbor, we appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed feedback and comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our teams to get you onboarded and set up and we are excited to have you as part of the FareHarbor Family. We look forward to growing this partnership with you!

Replied May 2021

P.T.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Stellar Service!

My overall experience with FareHarbor has been wonderful. The staff has been proactive in anticipating my needs. They were welcoming, helpful, and cooperative.

PROS

I have used many ticketing services over the years. All of them have had their benefits, but there was always a few things I wanted to change. FareHarbor is the best of all worlds. The interface is very manageable for first time users. The customer service, and support staff have been exceptional. I have easy access to my dashboard at all times, be it on my desktop or my mobile device. Implementing FareHarbor was one of the best choices I have made for my business. I highly recommend this service.

CONS

I don't have any cons to report. So far my experience has been very positive.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

I have a friend who uses FareHarbor for his tour company. I was privy to the support and follow up FareHarbor provided his business during Covid. I was impressed by FareHarbor's proactive stance, and the support they provided their clients. That was when I made the decision to switch.

P.T - Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this review! We are absolutely thrilled to hear how wonderful your experience has been with FareHarbor and will continue to build off that! We are committed to your business growth and are actively creating more content and materials to help you and all our clients navigate through this COVID landscape. Be sure to check out FareHarbor Compass for any Marketing tips along with our Help Center for any questions on the Dashboard. As always, our 24/7 Customer Support team is standing by and ready to take your call or email!

Replied February 2021

Reviewed September 2022

Easy and free setup, but booking cost fairly high

Good. The initial sales guy tried to setup the system to drive too many of our bookings online, at the expense of doing them manually to make better use of our instructors and resource. But once setup the system worked well and the tech support was excellent. The tech team would very quickly change opening times, setup new activities, change prices etc. Best tech support I have ever had.

PROS

Setup was done by Fare Harbour and it cost us nothing. The technical team are really fast and effective.

CONS

Fare Harbour add a booking fee that the customer has to pay on top of the fee for the activity. We would have preferred to include this fee in the total as we did not like the concept of a booking fee.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

Free setup and lower costs for us as a small business with few bookings.

CHRISTINA

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Our small business LOVES FareHarbor!

We are so happy we made the switch to FareHarbor two years ago. We have a cleaner website that is user friendly with increased sales. The support teams work hard to make changes and keep our website performing seamlessly as we add new products and grow and expand. They care deeply about our success as a business and we feel the love and support from their staff as we grow our business and partnership with their company.

PROS

Easy to use, team friendly, quick and efficient. The change over from our previous company was seamless and the support is incredible!

CONS

Only that the fees are among the highest in the industry.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

More API connectivity and better support, better reviews from clients.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

More functionality and options with fareharbor platform.

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and your partnership over the past few years! It has been our pleasure working with you it is great to see how our software has helped the Sawgrass Recreational Park team. I'll be sure to pass along your great feedback to the rest of the FareHarbor team and we look forward to continue growing this partnership, together!

Replied November 2020

Melissa

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Terrible Support- Has cost my business money

The first year was great. The second season I only needed a copy of the calendar I previously had, but after working with support- for months, or trying to because you never get the same support person, they still have not fixed my availability and it’s costing my business money every day. We are a small seasonal operation and only have a few months of operations that are crucial for the entire year. The fact they cannot get my calendar off availability accurate is unacceptable for a booking platform of this magnitude. I foresee a dark future for this company, they have horrible customer service, confused support agents, even after they give you a dedicated agent, what’s the point if they don’t care to understand the problems or follow through with fixing them? I would never recommend Fareharbor to anyone if you care about your business- because Fareharbor doesn’t!! Highly disappointed in the lack of service.

PROS

The look of the interface. That’s the only good thing about the software, but if it’s not functional, it’s not worth it.

CONS

super can’t seem to complete a request, even when it’s costing my business.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

The interface looked more professional

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The interface looked more professional, very impressive.

Patrick

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Taking my business Footsteps in Northumberland up a gear or two

For a long time, I struggled with booking and payment systems with a mix of cash, cheque, PayPal and no affordable card payment system. FareHarbor solved all of that in one neat package and it functions extremely well. In addition, FareHarbor helped to build a new company website which has seen a step change in the way I do business.

PROS

It has put in one place all of my products, reviews and payment options in one place and simplified the booking and payment process for my customers. The customer support is terrific.

CONS

I have yet to discover any issues with the software, which could be described as a dislike

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

I liked their approach, the customer support and being kept informed and part of the process throughout the development and launch.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

A number of reasons, my website was poor and I really wanted to bring everything under one package. After the FareHarbor payment system was installed on my old website, it quickly became apparent that there was an incompatibility and the next stage of building a new website started and this was and continues to be a great solution for me.

Hey Patrick! Thanks for writing such a great review! It is amazing to see how quickly FareHarbor has made an impact on your business by streamlining the booking process and your offerings. We look forward to growing this partnership and many years of success!

Replied November 2019

Eric

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

FareHarbor is a full-featured reservation system that has great customer support.

PROS

I chose FareHarbor largely because they had an API connection with LIVN, which represents a large reseller that I wanted to do business with. When I got to know the system better I found that it had lots of other helpful features. The system is quite complex, and I had trouble building things myself, but the support team is great and has understood and solved each one of my problems quickly and thoroughly.

CONS

I don't want to pass fees on to the customer and there doesn't seem to be an option to change it. This means that my tour products are actually more expensive to book direct after fees than to book through resellers.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

FareHarbor integrated with an important reseller that PeekPro did not.

Thanks for the great feedback. So happy to hear your enjoying the API connection with LIVN!

Replied July 2021

Helen

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

PROS

As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

CONS

My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Reason for choosing FareHarbor

No monthly or annual fees to me, most of the transition would be handled by their people. It seemed good enough on that basis.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Booking Bug was not sufficiently flexible and very little development was taking place on the standard product. It was becoming less and less valuable to me and more and more of a headache.

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

Replied November 2019

Elisa

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Super helpful and friendly staff; this software solves so many problems for us!

Online bookings 24/7 is huge for us. Fewer phone calls and a greater ability to focus on providing the product rather than selling.

PROS

It has tremendous functionality. It can be used with very simple business models, as well as very complex ones. I use it for three different companies. One is very basic, bare-bones. The other two are extremely complex, so I have been digging into the myriad of features and functionality over the past three months as we launched it for the two more complex companies. There is a lot to learn for the more complicated businesses (as expected), but once I figured it all out, it all makes sense and I am able to really maximize the functionality. The staff is very responsive and always there to help with questions, problems, and even assigning tasks to them. In addition to providing booking software, they also designed new websites for me for free, which increased the company's visibility online, so our sales have increased. The also have a free online call center (I haven't made use of this yet). They are constantly rolling out new and better upgrades. I am extremely happy with this product and with the staff behind it.

CONS

FareHarbor charges the customer 6% of the gross for online bookings (the customer isn't charged this 6% if they call in and book directly over the phone). I'd like to have the option to absorb that 6% on our end so the customer doesn't pay it. The closest we can get is to offer a 6% online booking discount, but I would prefer the option of allowing us to absorb a portion or all of that 6% on the back end instead. That being said, until I started typing this review, I've never thought of asking them if they would be willing to implement an option like this! I'll be asking tomorrow. Knowing they are constantly improving the product and they do take customer suggestions seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they consider doing this in the future.

Thanks for the lovely and detailed review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours. Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions! Thanks again, Becca

Replied May 2017