• Pros

• "It has an exceptionally user friendly interface. Options you need are right there at your fingertips. "

• "The software is very user friendly with just about everything you would need for managing and renting properties. "

• "It is very user friendly. Training new employees is a piece of cake. Also being able to access from mobile devices makes it easy to work on the move."

• Cons

• "Still working on improving the housekeeping portion but they are working on it so it’s not really a con."

• "The only thing that could be better would be the ability for even more self-service options for changes, but I'm sure they are working toward that."

• "Arranging the unit pictures takes time and would be easier if it were in a grid layout. "

Browse BrightSide Reviews

Cathy from Smoky Cabins

Love this software!!

Brightside has allowed me to advertise more this increased my bottom dollar substantially.

Pros

I like that it allows me to integrate with marketing channels. I like that customer support is always willing to make edits or changes to satisfy the individuality of my business.

Jennifer from Auntie Belham's Cabin Rentals, Inc

"Simply" the Best

AMAZING! Easiest Software to use. Brightside Team came to the office, set everything up, did the training which is great but unnecessary because the system is very user friendly and simple. Simple in a great way, like "Simply" the Best.

Pros

I like how User Friendly it is. Takes no time to figure out how to work it. I have used several different Reservation Softwares and I can say none of them can compare to Brightside/RM4. I work mostly in Accounting & Owner Statements of the software and it is a breeze. Other softwares require negative to cancel positive, all you do on Brightside is delete it. Couldn't be easier. The Hawkins support team is amazing and will answer any question or issue immediately, there is no waiting. If you find an issue with how it works, they will find a way to fix it and improve it. I would recommend The Hawkins Group & Brightside Software to company and stand behind my suggestion. It's Simply the Best!

Cons

Only 2 things come to mind... but still would not consider them "Cons". 1. Pictures: Need a more simple way to input into the system, maybe a number system. 2. Guidebook / Diagram of system would be great, it would allow you to find what you need without searching or asking for assistance. A Diagram with each TAB broken down to show what it contains would be great. Contacting Brightside for assistance has NEVER been an issue, there is always an immediate response. That being said, the majority of users will never be adding or editing the system so my Cons only apply to a few and I truly I would not call them Cons, maybe just time savers.

Reasons for Choosing BrightSide

The presentation the Brightside Group did was an easy sale. Using the system is a breeze compared to the other three Rental Software's I have used. No fuss, Reasonable Rates, No Complications....the whole system is smooth to use. I do believe anyone who gives Brightside Rental Management a test will switch. It even has a BONUS, the creators/engineers are amazing. They will help you in anyway you need. Plus, they always take ideas from their users to improve on the software and are able to answer any question you may have. Brightside Rental Management is the best and I would definitely recommend it to any company who is looking for a new Rental Software and to the ones who aren't. Try it, all you have to do is try it...SOLD!

Amy from Blue Mist Cabins

Brightside makes our business shine!

With Brightside I'm more in touch with my business. I've had to manage rentals from halfway around the world for a couple weeks at a time. Never had a worry--Brightside has outstanding uptime. Great customer service--the team listens to your concerns and helps you find solutions or answers. And the value is solid--we're a small rental business and feel fortunate to have found such an affordable software solution.

Pros

How much it helped organize and streamline our day-to-day business and data. Our software before Brightside was good for property ownership but not management. Now we can manage our business, create reports, look ahead and plan for changes.

Cons

I'll be honest, Brightside is not as intuitive as I'd like. Once you learn the system, it's all good. But a few times I've had to call or email for support because I couldn't figure something out. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been prompt to respond. Knowing that I can reach out to them for guidance is a huge benefit.

Reasons for Choosing BrightSide

BrightSide was recommended by our web site developer. But after meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I felt confident their team would be there to help me navigate the backend-building process. Upgrading our software was a big undertaking for our small rental business. Brightside met our budget needs and gave us the confidence to move forward.

Renee from Mountain Air Cabin Rentals

Long Time User

I have used several different software programs over the years, and BrightSide Rental Management is by far the best! I have been with BrightSide for many years (even before it was BrightSide) and have saw the growth and progress first hand as a user!

Pros

The ease of use! The BrightSide Rental Management support.

Cons

No cons! The support team is top notch! They are quick to respond to any issue I have ever had, which was typically and error on my end!

Reasons for Choosing BrightSide

I used this software with a prior company I worked with and when this company was established, there was no debating,nor considering another product, BrightSide Rental Management was the only program I wanted to use!

Catie from Little Valley Mountain Resort

Easy to Use with Great Features!!

We have used BrightSide for years and it is so wonderful to see all the new additions to the software. They are constantly updating and making improvements. Making reservations is very easy and there are so many different options for running reports. They have also integrated with many other booking sites that has been great for our business. The Hawkins team is always available to help, answer any questions, and offer advice. They are always quick to fix anything we need.

Jimbo from Hearthside Cabin Rentals

Brightside

Working with the company that developed this software is the real reason we use Brightside. Been in the business a long time and never got the personal attention that we get from Hawkins Computer. I would recommend this product and especially their company to anyone.

Pros

Cons

With any software you can always find that "I wish I could do...." with this. We have had those in the past, asked the developers about it and always found a way to get the information we want.

John from Auntie Belham's Cabin Rentals

Hands down, the absolute best software for the money

We were on an outdated HomeAway platform that had limited functionality. I compared Brightside and Escapia(HomeAway's Product) and Brightside had about the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. The developers also will work with you to develop needed changes, reports or anything else that can help your operation.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to actually talk with the developers.

Cons

The lack of the ability to make across the board changes to rates.

Response from Hawkins Computer Services

Replied February 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review BrightSide! We appreciate all the ways you've helped us improve the software over the years and are happy to report you can now easily make across the board changes to rates.

Kristina from Bear Camp Cabin Rentals

Wonderful

Pros

I love the ease of use. I have never worked with this software until about 3 years ago when I started at Bear Camp and from all of the other software, I have used in different places this was the easiest to learn and keep up with. If I ever run into a jam [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are right there to walk any of us through the problem.

Cons

To be honest I can't think of anything that stands out. Most of the problems in the software are operator error.

Cody from Hemlock Hills Cabin Rentals

LOVE Brightside!

We benefit greatly from using Brightside as we are able to adjust our rates, availability, run specials everything within minutes! This gives us the freedom to maximize the use of our time during each day which in turn will maximize our profits.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and has everything you could think of! We will never use another software as long as we are in business.

Cons

Honestly, I have not found anything that I dislike about the software. I can do everything I need to...and more!

pam from Stony Brook Cabins, LLC

My whole team and I love Brightside

We love the reservation software and how it ties in to our website.

Pros

These ease of use and training a new user . I also like being able to contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and ask for special functions or adjustments in the software. It does literally everything we need it to do.

Cons

A bit of a challenge trying to keep up with new offerings. Sometimes we just happen to "find" something we've been waiting for.

Patrick from Lakefront Cabins

Great Software and Support

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and use. If there is anything that it doesn't have or do tech support is responsive in getting it figured out for you. We have made quite a few changes to fit our company and they have taken care of almost everything very quickly.

Cons

If you are used to another software you may have to get tech support to make adjustments and tweaks to make it work like you prefer. This can take some time but they are usually able to get what you need done.

Jeanie from Honeymoon Hills Inc

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best reservation software we've had

Brightside helps us stay on top of everything!

Pros

The platform is easy for new employees to learn and easy on the management side.

JOHN from Bear Camp Cabin Rentals

Makes Renting Properties Fun Again

Pros

Ease of use. Keeps great statistics.Never have double bookings.

Cons

I cant think of anything that I would consider a problem with the software.

Cheryl from Colonial Properties

Very effective and user friendly program

Pros

Cons

Nothing. This program gets our job done very efficiently.

Tamee from Henderson Park Inn

Best system ever

Pros

I love the fact that we can customize it for the way we need it to work best for the front desk and our guests.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that I don't think is wonderful.

Mike from Destin RV Beach Resort

We Love Brightside

Increased on line reservations

Pros

Ease of use and excellent tech support. Our on line reservations have increased due to ease of use for customers.

Cons

Inability to differentiate between discount periods.

Robbin from Colonial Properties

Makes booking and managing reservations super easy

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, simplifies booking and managing reservations for us

Cons

Sometimes it lags a bit, not too often though

Collin from Smoky Mountain Falls Inc

First rate

Pros

Well thought out, user friendly, prompt customer support.

Cons

None noted so far. It’s hard to find anything not to like.

Reasons for Choosing BrightSide

They gave us personal service and worked hard to understand our needs.