(16,317)

16,317

(4,043)

4,043

• Pros

• "The storage space is fantastic and the playback quality is flawless"

• "I love this software and will use it for forever! It truly is easy for anyone to use and is very convenient."

• "Love the ability to keep all my files in the cloud and access them from any device, anywhere. Drive is very easy to use too. "

• Cons

• "It can be difficult to find what files are taking up your storage quota. The web UI is pretty but has been much slower in my daily use. It's improving but still laggy from time to time"

• "I love it, nothing to add here. The app could be a little better organized "

• "Could have a better interface, but it does its job well."

Browse Google Drive Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 20807 results

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Documents Safe-Haven

After losing A LOT of important files a few years ago when my hard drive crashed, I was looking around for software that would be the best 'back up' option. After trialing Drive I was so impressed that I even upgraded my storage option and have loved it since.

Pros

Whether it's music, videos, images or documents they can all be stored Drive. Files can be separated into folders so it's really easy to organise and keep track of everything. Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information whether using my mobile, tablet or PC.

Cons

When you download multiple things at a time it automatically downloads them into a 'zip' folder, which is an additional cost to use software to 'unzip'. VERY frustrating! You have to double-check when you've uploaded multiple things at a time that it all really did upload - sometimes files are missed. It's better to upload smaller quantities of files at a time, which is annoying and time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Purely the storage availability, price point and compatibility with other Google apps.

"Best tool for work at home or anywhere with only a single lappy or smartphone & internet"

The benifits are numerous. As i already pointed out about the easy share link for different roled people of your work monitors. One more best thing is that the storage capacity. I almost stored around 10GB of my docs and sheets along with inportant client folders with images and data in my drive. The problem of sharing the folders and worked on data through mail is easily being solved in just a click of sharing link using this tool.

Pros

All my work is stored in the form of excels and docs so i just share the link of my work sheet with the client directly. This particular feature of sharing the link of our worksheet with only viewing access or if needed, with editing access is the best feature from this drive tool.

Cons

As far as i am aware i am usingng this tool from the past 3 years and i never disliked something so strong but yeah i dislike some functions that are not required in the excel sheet when we are at hurry. Like when i select some cells, some times it automatically calculates the sum of these cells together for which i always face trouble in enteringng the cell values separetly in every cell in numerics.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Due to the ease of usage for Google Drive I finally bought this tool instead of going to my second option "one drive".

SARA from The Breathing Process

Industry: Music

Great for File Sharing and File Loss Protection

The overall ease of access and sharing on Google Drive makes work easier. Files are protected, easy to organize, and easy to access. Having essential media files backed up in case of a computer crash is paramount to the protection of hours of work as a musician. Losing hours of work is devastating and attempting to recreate the material from scratch is extremely difficult. Every musician knows it is essential to back up your files!

Pros

Google Drive is a service that gives you a large amount of free space (15 gigabits) and additional storage for a monthly fee. As a musician, I upload files onto Google drive to share to my bandmates and anyone in the world. Beings that media files are typically large, the benefit of a large amount of storage for a small fee is a great value. This service also gives me peace of mind that my files will stay safe in the event of a computer crash (files stay on the cloud). I can share access to my Google Drive so the rest of my band can access entire folders of files.

Cons

The compression of the files can lower the quality of the media.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The size of the Dropbox Mobile app was impeding on the overall functionality of the operating system on my smartphone, and did not offer the ability to move to SD card or alternative storage. Dropbox compression degraded the media quality to a noticeable extent.

Becky from Becky in Bold

I couldn't run my business without Google Drive!

The greatest benefit of Google Drive is that it's a simple, user-friendly solution to cloud storage AS WELL AS an office suite. No more expensive upgrades for software to create documents!

Pros

Google Drive is the backbone of my business. It's important that I be able to share important docs with my clients and contractors. GDrive makes it so easy to do that. We can create, update, and share documents, spreadsheets, media, etc. and never have to worry about what kind of computer someone has or specialized software.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any negatives for Google Drive. Maybe it would be nice to have more storage? But it's so affordable to add a little more when you need it! Google Drive was easy to integrate with my business because almost everyone has a Google account these days.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Google Drive because of it's popularity, clean interface, and user-friendly tools. I have zero regrets and will continue to use Drive for as long as it's available!

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

Pros

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

Cons

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Dennis from Holy Cross Lutheran Church

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

Pros

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

Cons

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The peace of mind knowing that our documents were in the Google cloud secured by permission level access.

Faiyaz from Clear Sight

Obviously the best..

My Overal experience with drive was cool and I'm still using it daily. As a Graphic Designer, I store my important files and photos there..And also a portfolio that is share enabled to show my clients.. I just give the drive link to them! By this way I can showcase my portfolio and works in high resolution!

Pros

Google Drives comes into mind at first after hearing the term cloud storage! Very simple to use, powerful, versatile and have a huge eco system ie. Google .Files can be easily shared to others! And the coolest of all is 15gb free for every single Google account. Storage can also be exceeded in decent price options! Most of the smartphones now run in Google ecosystem. So I think it's wise to choose Google Drive!

Cons

The Cons are: your data might get hacked by hackers. But not often these happens to all. And another issue is Google might mine your shared data!

Unenabasi Godwin from Infosuite Technologies

Online Storage and Collaboration tool

With Google Drive, my team and I can work on documents and get real-time updates. The first 15 GB of storage is actually free. The software actually saved me from losing my files when my system first crashed

Pros

Google Drive makes it easy for companies and marketers to store file and collaborate on project and business activities. You can easily save files including videos, images, audio in multiple file formats. The tool consolidates your Google applications and files including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Presentations and allows you to access them in one place. You can set permissions and control access to files and folders and more.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Google Drive. The software meets my business and personal needs. You don't have to create a special account to enjoy the tool. Your Gmail account does the trick.

Nabin from Curl Labs

Google Drive offers cheap and reliable cloud storage

I love Google Drive for its cheap and reliable cloud storage service for my business and family needs.

Pros

Google Drive offers one of the best cloud storage services. Its files can be synced across multiple devices. It offers inbuilt apps like docs, sheets, slides, and many other useful apps for any individual or business. The files in Google Drive can be easily shared with the team for collaboration.

Cons

Google Drive's desktop app is quite resource-consuming while running the file syncing process in the background.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Google Drive over its alternatives like Dropbox, One Drive, Canto DAM, and pCloud Business because its cheaper, faster and has more inbuilt features for file creation, management, and sharing.

Shannon Simone from Shannonmiller.me

Drive is a must have for all businesses

I can't imagine running our business without Google drive. It allows me to be anywhere in the world and access my drive. The sych feature makes sure that everything is in the cloud. This kind of flexibility has allowed our remote work to feeling empowered with what we need when we need it.

Pros

Google drive allows us to store documents and create client folders and other assets that can be shared via a link in a secure way. Also allowing us to store and access assets from any device no water where we are.

Cons

It's a great product and I have no complaints as it is a must have solution that I use daily. Uploads can be a bit slower than Dropbox but the positives outweigh the slower speeds.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Most people have access to Google and the tie in with our Google accounts and low cost for feature rich tools s makes it a no brainer.

Fernando from SIEMENS

Industry: Medical Devices

My Essential Drive

Overall, I cannot recommend it enough. Whenever I need to move or share data from any one of my devices to the other, I use Google Drive almost without even thinking about it. There are always options for sharing things with friends and family. However, if I need options for others to contribute, add, edit, etc. Drive proves to be extremely useful. The availability across platforms, ease of use and “peace of mind“ knowing that it my data is “safe in a cloud” is priceless.

Pros

Google Drive is available everywhere I need a cloud-based drive to be. Plus, it is as easy to use as I would expect. And, perhaps the “only drive” you might need. By everywhere, I mean every device I use: my laptop, my smartphone, my tablet. I can drop a file in from my laptop - literally, drag and drop. And it is readily available on my smartphone or tablet in seconds. Needless to say it works the other way as well. Something on the smartphone or tablet that needs to be accessed by my laptop/pc ? Sure, maybe it takes more than a “drag and drop” - but it is just as easy as sharing something (three-dots / share) with another app. Just have to tell it what folder - if you need to. Speaking of easy, it really is as straightforward as having that extra drive on your device. Practically seamless. As if I had another drive - just one that is connected… wirelessly. A drive that I can share anything with anyone at any time. Just create a link to the folder ( make sure the permissions are appropriately set) and away it goes. Others can share their folders just as easily. A drive for all drives? Maybe. For starters, anyone gets 15 Gb - which is plenty of space. As a Google One subscriber, the space starts at 100 Gb, and can increase depending on your subscription settings. It could be a solid reason for not using other cloud-drives at that point. Or - maybe even not bothering with solid-state drives or other physical drives. The “icing on the cake” is knowing that the data is safe.

Cons

Can you improve on “perfection”? There is always room for improvement. For one, it works best on platforms that are already built by Google: Android-based tablets, smartphones, (Chrome) Web-browsers, chromebooks, etc. and not-so-well on others. Case in point: using Google Drive on an Apple Ipad Pro is not intuitive in the least. After months of use, trying to figure out how to download and properly store a file where it needs to go proves to be a challenge. When uploading, it may be a little more evident, but it is not as simple as on an Android-based device. There are too many options listed - and at first glance can be dizzying. Across all platforms, the thumbnails can take a little while to show, but that is to be expected as it might also depend on the network speed the device is connected to.

Mirza from Texas A&M University

Best option to keep your documents synced with you on the go

This software has been very helpful throughout the past couple of years, the team drive option is very handy. You don't need to carry a USB drive with you, just log on to your google drive and upload your data in an instant. I would recommend everyone to get this software.

Pros

The best thing about using drive is the ability to have your documents available to you everywhere if you have an internet connection. An added feature that lets you make documents of your liking to be available offline is also very powerful. You can also install drive for desktop on your computer (or Drive Filestream if you have a business/educational account). All your files stay synced. You can also sync the photos you take on your phone with you google drive account. You have the ability to upload folders as well, not just individual files. If you're looking to share stuff on your drive, you can allow certain individuals access (other's wont be able to see it), so your privacy is safe. You can also create different team drives for different projects.

Cons

The thing that I dislike about google Drive is that when you try to upload a folder that contains thousands of small files, the upload tend to fail to complete 75% of the time. So you have to zip and upload them, I sigh google could fix that. The sync across all devices doesn't happen instantly, it takes about a minute or two to appear everywhere, I find that too slow.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose drive over others because of the ease of integration across all other devices and the option of having it on my iPhone.

Benjamin from Ben Accinelli LLC

Industry: Photography

Great for documents, but nothing more

If you're in the creative industry and have team members that work on projects through collaboration, this is not your software. If you have an admin that needs access to documents and needing to keep track of things in a spreadsheet and possibly have the occasional powerpoint presentation, this will be enough for you—especially for the price

Pros

create, editing, and storing documents, google drive is wonderful. I'm able to create templates that can be accessed on multiple devices from multiple users at almost any time i need them. this has completely replaced the microsoft office suite that i've been using for years.

Cons

file storage, collaboration, management, and sharing is subpar to say the least. nowadays with files getting larger and larger—especially in the creative industry with photos, videos, and graphics—the storage is not nearly enough, even on the highest tier plan.

Kristin from Verizon

Love this for business and personal

Overall I would highly recommend this product if not for business then definitely for personally use! I have used it for business being about to store Google sheets and docs and share with sales and service teams, allowing all of us to view and edit (or set just to view if need be). Also the ease of using the site is amazing! Everything is in one place and every self explanatory. I love this product so much I even pay for increased storage for my personal use!

Pros

Several features to love! You can work from anywhere, the mobility of this product and that you can start on your desktop and hop in the train and work from your phone on the same document is a huge plus! Additionally being able to just add parties not only to a document but to the entire folder made business so much easier! When you have a folder full of info to share instead of having to zip the folder and and unzip on arrival just give the user access to your “case folder” (what we called them) and then you can all share the same folder and same information!

Cons

As easy of a product as this is to use, I do sometimes find myself wishing it was slightly more customizable, but even that I can do without, it’s a amazing product!

Casey from Reliance Residential Realty

This is GREAT!

I have no real complaints about drive. My blurb in the cons section is really me being hypercritical to fill in a required answer. Of all the storage solutions I have ever used, this is by far the best. And...my storage capacity is pretty minimal, because of retention periods, everything I use in drive eventually comes off and becomes a "file" on my computer. Because of this, the free capacity has worked well. Other systems I have used, that's not been the case. Really...my experience has been all positive.

Pros

I currently use the free features google offers and I love most of them. For drive in particular, I like that I can have all documents across many devices and they sync almost instantly. I can work on something on my computer, need to leave it and pick it right back up on my phone. All I have to do is be signed into my Google account. I use a lot of different document platforms for signatures and contracts and things, and I like that I can drop the finished documents in my drive and share them with all parties, and not have to worry about whether or not they will be able to open/view the item. It's really a very seamless process that makes things very easy for what I do.

Cons

I do find that in files that are shared with me for use on my own, sometimes formatting can be a little tricky. When creating documents, I tend to use applications like Word. Docs is great, and has similar features and the documents look similar, but formatting a document is a little different than I am used to and so I find I get frustrated when I want something to look a certain way and I can't make it happen. Now, I will admit that there is a lot of this component that is user error on my part, or rather a lack of experience with the features of the platform, but I find I don't have the patience to play with it, so I settle for something I can deal with instead, and then move on.

John from Reliable Carpet Cleaning

Google Drive>>> My Go-To Drive!

I love this software! It makes my personal life and business life simpler and saves me time. What more could I ask for?

Pros

Google Drive is perfectly integrated with my smart devices, notebook, email client (Gmail) and Google Calendar. What's more, I love that all of my photos and videos are automatically uploaded and stored on Google servers for free. In addition, my business documents are automatically backed up onto the Google Drive every single day. So for both personal and business use I cannot find a better service than Google Drive. Just last week I was offered an unbelievable deal with Microsoft OneDrive: 1 TB of space plus Microsoft 365 for less than $25.USD per year! I thought about switching to Microsoft OneDrive for three or four days, but could not bring myself to renounce the convenience and reliability of Google Drive. So now I'm looking at purchasing more space with Google Drive for a very reasonable price. I also love the way my pictures, videos and documents are organized perfectly. (Something that is sorely missing with Microsoft OneDrive)

Cons

The monthly/yearly plan for Google Drive is a little bit more expensive than Microsoft OneDrive. However, if I needed the extra space, I would choose Google Drive over Microsoft OneDrive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was already completely integrated into all of my devices, email client and calendar. In addition, it organized my files perfectly with backups everyday.

Amro from Proleaders

A great cloud drive for SMBs

It's a great product from a great corporation, mostly intended to serve as a personal storage drive. Multiple features could be added in order for it to better fit the enterprises. As an SMB, it qualifies for what we intend to use it for (cloud storage), with limited sharing capabilities.

Pros

1- Perfectly easy to use 2- Mobile App (Available on both iOS and Android mobile devices) to have access to my important files on the-go 3- Ability to restore deleted files 4- The integration with google apps such as (Tasks, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) which make it very useful for an all in-one collaboration solution 5- The ability to add a large add-ons from third-party tools

Cons

1- It lacks major version control features such as (tracking changes, diffing, branching, etc.) It only include when it was modified and by whom. 2- Permissions do not work in the same logic of inheritance (e.g. If I own a folder and I share it with X and grant him a read/write permission over it, X creates a sub folder under the shared folder and gives me only a read permission, I won't be able to create/edit/delete anything under the sub-folder although I own the main folder!) 3- Confusion between Google Drive Windows desktop application, there are actually two (Backup and Sync, and Drive Stream) both have slightly different features, but eventually do the same thing, there should only be one desktop application to use. 4- Inability to share files with non Gmail users, sharing only work with Gmail E-mails.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We received a special offer by Google which tilted the balance for it.

Chethan from Infosys Limited

Review of Google Drive

Overall, I would recommend Google Drive and personally been using for long time.

Pros

Google Drive is one of the best Cloud based storage solution. Google Drive is the best way store files of various formats and access whenever required from anywhere. Unlike any other physical drive or hard disk, Google drive can be accessed easily from almost all the browsers. One can easily share the files that are stored in Google drive which will help the users to share files easily without any email attachments. Users can stored even videos and images files which rich in content and files of large size. Google drive allows the users to store all the MS office formats including Word, excel and PPT and one can easily access them from anywhere and quickly perform the tasks and save them back to google drive. Google drive also allows users to access and print the documents easily. Google drive also includes the office suite like google docs, sheets and slides to edit the office documents. Google drive is also compatible with other apps and templates.

Cons

Google drive has many benefits but also has few demerits or Cons. Google drive provides the users only of initial 15gb of free space later which users need to pay for the extra space. As Google drive is cloud based solution, Its always risky to store any important and confidential data to store and share them within the group. Google drive is still not the preferred storage solution for many of the corporate companies due to Security and Privacy issues. Google drive is fully based on the internet and users need to be connected to internet to access their files which makes life hard for users who are in remote places and has internet issues.

Lucas from Public Schools of Calumet-Laurium-Keweenaw

Drive is Good

Drive is incredibly useful, especially if you're already using other Google apps. It makes sharing materials easy, and allows you to organize things in an easy way.

Pros

Drive makes my digital work much easier to manage. I can save nearly everything into Drive and easily organize it into folders. I can even change the folder colors to make it easy on the eyes. Once something is in Drive I'm confident I won't lose it and it won't be damaged. It also works well with all the other Google apps.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options for organizing the folders, such as more color options or different types of folders.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was more useable and compatible with our other technologies.

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Beats all other online storage, integrates with everything

Google Drive is used as much or more than any other online tool in my business. It lets me not only easily store files so I can access it anywhere, but it allows me to integrate with virtually everything. Website backups, online collaboration, the integration with the rest of G Suite, along with about any other tool out there. It's easy to use, and nothing is confusing for me.

Pros

I love how Google Drive is integrated with thousands of other online tools, and it makes sharing documents so easy. I've shared documents with large numbers of people in groups for work and other purposes, and I've had very few complaints when using Google Drive. When using other tools like Dropbox, it was always harder for others to get into and figure out. Google Drive is just smooth and nothing has been easier to use. And the perfect integration with all other Google G Suite tools is icing on the cake.

Cons

There really isn't much to complain about. I guess if I had to find fault, I would love it if they had more video encryption options so when I share a video, I can restrict it to a certain website (like a client dashboard). But really, I'm just nitpicking there.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Dropbox was just clunky and I would always get questions about how to access it. And it doesn't have as many options for sharing restrictions, file delivery, etc. Plus, the cost of G Suite and all that you get compared to Dropbox and other alternatives, it just made it an easy choice.

Christopher from Atlantic Images Ltd

Google Drive Is At The Core Of Our Company

Our overall experience has really been superb. I think in over 5 years we have have contacted the support once. Everything is so simple and easy to use. This is critical with sharing images and documents to all types of people and companies. The way nearly any file can be uploaded and viewed as well as converted into Google's own formats is also really useful. Then you can download the files in numerous other formats. It really is quite a product considering the price.

Pros

Having started our company a five years back, Google Drive (for Business) has been at the centre of our company from day one and is so easy to use. We have had almost no issues with the software and we can rest at night not worried about losing any of our days work. The thing I personally like most about this software is the unlimited storage option. Other companies and software just can't compete and they really have been left behind. We were with several online storage clouds and their lack of forward planning and increasing fees made us jump at the Google Drive Unlimited storage option. With ever increasing file sizes (think 8K video coming soon on personal phones) storage is key for our media company.

Cons

The one thing we would like to see more of is customising the Google Photos section. The way our company works it would be good to have a feature where you can add a tick, colour or note to the image so we know it's been worked on, edited, or uploaded.

Viktor from Dwight school London

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Drive to rule them all

Overall, Drive is top of the league. Securely sharing important documents, collaborating on all kinds of shared documents which are synced to any electronic device, with reasonable pricing kept us going for for years in the small school where I work.

Pros

One of the main features of Google drive is that it can sync on anything. Sync on mobile or tablet, Android or Apple? No problem. Sync on a mobile phone without Google services (Huawei etc)? No problem, there are apps that do this as well. Sync on your laptop or computer, running Windows/Mac? Easy. Linux user? No problem, many apps do this flawlessly. Another great feature is that it links seamlessly with the rest of the Google Kingdom: Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Slides, Classroom. The security is highly customizable: you can choose your own level of protection, and in 20 years working with sensitive data, I always felt secure (you must set your main password right, to start with). Other great features: it let's you create shortcuts throughout the drive, having always your main doc up-to-date, regardless of which version you edit. Also, it keeps versions of updated files, meaning that if you mistakingly updated a PDF and you want your old version back, there are ways to do it. The pricing is very, very reasonable.

Cons

The web interface is a bit confusing. As a first time user, you are greeted with a lot of bloat that you won't need in the near future (most likely). There no option of dual pane, to move around things quickly. Nor a directory tree on the left side. Renaming files or folders is a joy-breaker: instead of using F2 as on most similar software, one has to right-click, select 'rename' and then do it. The recycle bin becomes very slow, once is has over 1000 files, and it's almost impossible to navigate that wrongly deleted file (whose proper name we forgot). The search is great, as one would expect, although in organisations, finding the right file becomes almost impossible, bloated by results from every single user who ever shared a file. There is filtering by type or owner, but still the search is well behind it's main website search engine (which is way more intuitive). The sharing links are way too long and it beats me why they didn't implement the goo.gl URL shortener for the Drive?

Google Drive is Amazing for Collaboration

Very positive. I would highly recommend using Drive to any graphic designer.

Pros

When working with clients, I love to keep a Google drive going so that we can upload our ideas, inspiration and deliverables. Especially during the Coronavirus Pandemic, this has been especially useful for remotely working.

Cons

I don’t have too many complaints. Sometimes there’s a bit of back and forth to give permissions for people to view the files outside of the company— but honestly not to hard.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The connection to gmail is a huge plus. Also the collaborative properties of google docs hand in hand with google drive is great for my workflow!

Robert from Law Office of Robert Kekuna LLLC

Industry: Law Practice

All Roads Lead Back to Google Drive

My experience with Drive has gotten better over time as I have gotten comfortable with the concept of the "Cloud." Today it is so easy for me to use that I don't give it a second thought.

Pros

I didn't realize what Drive did when I downloaded it years ago: I really didn't get the concept of saving files to the Cloud . When programs like Dropbox came out later it made sense. As my solo practice has grown I find Drive to be an easy way to save files and folders to the Cloud and in the same way my files are saved in my PC. Because Google has its own counterparts to Microsoft programs like Word and Excel they are available immediately in Drive, so I can start writing and saving items without having to go outside of Drive; I will later download files to my PC to work with them in Word and Excel. Drive documents are easy to attach to Gmail emails as it has its own icon for attachment; it's also helpful in emailing larger files. I also understand that it is less expensive to buy more GB of storage than the other well-known programs, but I don't have personal knowledge..

Cons

Sometimes I worry about saving files to Drive and not knowing what folder to put it in. Drive does allow you to choose where the file will be saved, but many times I don't know where I want the file saved, so I just save it without putting it in a folder, and then go back and move the file to the appropriate folder. That is extra work but it's not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was the first cloud storage software I knew about, so it wasn't a choice. I have heard good things about other programs such as Dropbox and Box. My Microsoft files are automatically backed up to OneDrive, so the redundancy is a plus.

Sebastian from Loyola Marymount University

Google Drive - Sebastian Van Hemert

My overall experience with Drive is quite pleasent. As expressed earlier, there are much more pros than cons when it comes to this service. All I wish it could improve upon is its speed for viewing photos and if the algorithm could do some sorting on its own instead of just clumping everything togethed. All in all, I am satisfied and I would recommend. I have now recommended Drive to my mother, uncle, and girlfriend and they seem to like it as well.

Pros

I enjoy Google Drive's wide spectrum of file types that can be uploaded to its cloud. I am able to upload files ranging from photos, videos, presentations, songs, and PDF's all the way to entire databases, movies, and other compressed data. Then, I am also a fan of its compatibility with other members of the Google Suite–such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets–that Drive serves as a central hub for. The fact that Drive is free is another bonus, which is particularly helpful to students like me because most of my assignments are stored in Drive with my student email. Whereas, I have personal data on Google Drive through my personal email. I like to keep my data organized so I am glad Drive offers files to be stored in different folders. Lastly, one of Drive's most remarkable features is that it can be accessed anywhere by using its mobile application.

Cons

I sometimes find myself struggling with Drive's speed, especially when accessing my photos. I used to store most of my pictures on iCloud but Apple forces customers to pay after a certain GB limit. Drive, on the other hand, offers more space than Apple does and for free. The only problem is that it can be extremely slow at times no matter how fast your internet is. I once uploaded all the pictures from my PC on to Drive to create space on my hard drive, but now when I want to access these pictures on Drive it will take forever for each individual image to load. This makes it impossible for slideshow viewing. Another feature I dislike is that it will often clump all the data together in the recent feed, no matter the file type. I wish it could automatically separate pictures from videos, and videos from PDF's, and such.

Camila from Universidad de Buenos Aires

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Mainly opening other people's files drives me crazy

I have used it for many years, I have bought 200 GB and am very happy with my action. I think that space online is one of the best things you can buy, because you have your files anywhere you need them, whenever you need them. You also don't have to worry about your computer getting stolen or breaking and losing everything. You can free space from your computer and that way making it work better. But Drive offers you much more than that and I love it and is why I pay for it's service. Of course, it is not perfect and there are always things that can be improved, but right now, I can only think of the detaile I mentioned before.

Pros

I LOVE how it is linked with all the other Google apps. I really like the organization, it is very similar to the computer's organization so it is very easy to understand and to learn to use, mainly for older people that maybe do not handle the Internet very easily. I also like to have my recent files on fast access, very useful. The folder sharing is one of Drive's most important features, and I think it is great, because that way I can share anything with anybody, as long as I share the folder or send them the link. To have many ways to share a file is also really good, you can choose the one that suites you better each time.

Cons

Above I spoke about file sharing, which I think is great but, A LOT of my friends and family have trouble with the authorization, they always complain about sharing something with someone and that someone then having to ask for permission, which they had already given by sending them the email to access the folder or the file. I, after two years of using it constantly, have learned how it works and do not have any issue with that. But it took me some time. Not because it is TOO hard, but because Google's apps (and mainly Drive) are usually very simple, easy to use. So you are not expecting for something to be a little bit more complicated, to have to read the indications. I know there is a message that pops-up when you are going to share something , telling you to change the configuration, but honestly, nobody reads them. People usually are like: but I sent you the link! Why does it ask me for permission? Some of them, tired of receiving many emails about the permission to access de file (like I was), look for the reason of this and read the indications, but most people don't do. So, what I suggest, is for it to not have a "default" option that sets in on "restringed", I would just leave it in blank and force the person to read that, it is not that hard, it will take just a second and will save them from complaining later without them knowing. Many of my friends prefer to just give me a pendrive with the file other than sending it by Drive.

Anand from IIT Kharagpur

"Google drive : Making work streamlined and seamless"

It's much more than just an online storage service. It allows me to synchronize files present on my different devices to one online hub. It has reduced my efforts in managing my data and work. Adding more its free unless my data limit crossed 15 GB threshold. It also provides options of online creating a file and online editing, storing it and options to share it with others to collaborate. The collaboration feature helped me a lot while I was doing my group project. But sometimes it creates some problems too as the anonymous editor names it presents has put me in dilemma as actually who has edited the file. Once a garbage data has been entered by one of my teammates which leads us to face a penalty. Also in online editing mode, all options are not present so many times I have to download the file to a local drive and then have to edit it. It helps me to send files that are too big to be sent as an attachment in an email, also it provides options to the receiver as I can set that whether he can only view the file or also can edit it. But for this feature to be effective the other person has to have a Gmail account. Once I got such a mail from a person on my office mail account and I was not able to access the contents. So this feature can be updated.

Pros

Some of the things I like the most about it are 1. Free 15 GB storage for everyone. 2. Ease of synchronization of my work on all my devices. 3. Collaboration options to work in groups. 4. Increasing the size limit of my mail attachments. 5. Easy and simple user interface.

Cons

Some of the things I dislike about it are 1. Less number of options while editing files online as compared to offline editing. 2. Attachments if send through drive can only be accessible through google accounts. 3. Do not have separate options to lock a folder or protect it with a password. 4. A bit clumsy and slow on slow internet connections.

Justice from Angels 4 Life LLC.

Everyday use

We are able to share documents and forms among different office members. It is nice to be able to also access individual specific information and refer to it whenever we need it, whether we are in the office or outside of it. I enjoy that all the documents are also accessible on a mobile device, again making documents more accessible no matter where we are.

Pros

We use google drive every single day. We are able to store Medicaid documents and individual specific information for the individuals with developmental disabilities that we serve. We are also able to create documentation and other forms to use in both the office, at homes for homecare and in our day program. The ease of being able to send a document to someone to review, make changes or fill out is a need for our office. We’ve been using Drive for about 3-4 years now and it is the best decision we ever made to back documents up and be able to find them easily when we need them.

Cons

The only trouble I usually run into is the difference in formatting. If I take something from Drive to Word, it probably isn’t going to look the same. That is sometimes an issue when sending something outside of our office or when we want some more customization factors and create or edit the document in Word and put it back on the Drive. Sometimes we can avoid this by saving the document as a PDF but we cannot always as sometimes our documents will be updated and changed from time to time and we need to keep the ability to edit.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Drive was much more user friendly and accessible as well as more economically friendly. Since we also have Gsuite, we were able to get a more secure version of the Drive as well.

Mehedi from Mehedi Got No Chill

Industry: Photography

Google's younger child [Google Drive ) took over the game.

Overall Google Drive is a sophisticated software. It has a certain look to its interface. If you are new to this software, it will just take 2 minutes to understand how it works. It is a software that is flawless. It has some thoughtful options for you and you can make this according to your need. So in a nutshell, I recommend this software to everyone. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pros

Google Drive really has some Pros on its side. This is a software which was created to store files, multimedia and so on. And additional to that, we can share those files and documents with our friends and family. And it offers us 15 GB of storage which is completely free. You can also buy extra storage if you need to by paying a little amount of money. The payment method is based on monthly subscription and yearly also. You can buy from 100 GB to 30 TB according to your need. And additional to that, you can send your files and documents to multiple persons and also to a group if you have to while maintaining the actual quality of the media file. So transferring documents is a lot easier and helpful by the help of Google drive. The codec of this software is created in the way so that the media file isn't hampered. And the trashing system in there is also very thoughtful. You can get back your files and documents in between a certain amount of time after you have deleted them.

Cons

Google Drive is almost flawless but, there is a little bit of problem that I faced. When you turn on 'Link sharing on ' it takes time to be able to access to those media files attached to that link. I mean the process is not instant. But after a while it works.

rebecca from Budzinski Cleaning Services

Industry: Environmental Services

Software Sharing

The drive itself is great because I can upload things to it that I need at multiple locations without notice. When I’m Not unavailable, I can share the document very easily.

Pros

What I like most about this software is I can share files with people in other countries or locally. I can share small program files, pictures, documents; the list goes on and on.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little tricky to delete something from it. Sometimes I need to go to three different spots to make sure something is deleted completely. It’s not a big issue for me since I rarely need to delete anything, but when I do, I find it a bit tedious. Overall it’s worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I can access Google Drive quickly and easily from anywhere. I have never NOT been able to access it. Sometimes I have been able unable to access iCloud. Therefore (for me) google drive is better.

Great for sharing large files without having to pay extra or download additional software

We need the ability to send large files both to internal and external clients, and Drive allows us to do this easily, with any permissions we want for the recipients. We also need to collaborate on file edits without stepping on each other's toes, and Drive makes this easy.

Pros

I like that I can use Drive to store large files in the cloud, and that I can share those larger files via a simple link with anyone I want. No more messing with Dropbox or other tools. Most users I send files to can handle Drive. Also, you can choose what kind of link you want to send - view, comment, or edit - which is incredibly handy. I also like the ability to collaborate on documents easily (and even see where they are in the document in real-time).

Cons

The UI could be improved somewhat - sometimes it is difficult to tell at a glance whom I have shared a file with, or with what permissions I shared it. This information is available, it just takes a few clicks.

Joel from Freelance Artist

Industry: Animation

Google Drive An Office Suite

My overall experience with Google Drive has been excellent. Google Drive has been a central tool utilized for several of my animation projects. For instance I worked alongside a client to create a Holiday themed animation. I established a detailed schedule through the spreed sheet app and uploaded several story board materials to Google drive. The client was able to see, comment and edit anything on the drive so we were able to collaborate on a minute to minute basis. She knew when I updated the animation and I immediately knew what needed to be improved. Google Drive has been an essential tool that has been reliable since I first began using it in 2014. I have since used it for all of my large scale projects.

Pros

The pros of Google Drive are in its programs and online and cloud based functionality. It is suite that includes a word processor, a spreed sheet editor and a presentation and slides editor. Each program mirrors the quality of Microsoft office programs. Furthermore file types created by Microsoft Office programs can be edited including and not limited to RTFs, DOCs, and DOCX. This allows users to hop between Microsoft Office and Google Drive with Ease. All Google Drive programs are available for free, a user simply needs to register for a Google account with an email address. Further rounding out the package Google Drive Programs are available to anyone at any time with an internet connection. All documents created are stored on a personal cloud and can be edited on a tablet, smartphone and or computer. This allows for maximum flexibility and editing on the go. In addition it allows for users to collaborate on documents together at once. Lastly, Google drive can be used as online storage with 15 GB given to users free upon sign up. Just about any file can be uploaded and stored.

Cons

One of the cons I encountered was that I was unable to edit a document I stored on Google Drive when I was offline. This was however easily corrected. Once I made the document availability offline I could proceed to edit. Google Drive automatically updated the file once I logged into a WiFi connection.

Essential tool for small businesses

It's easy and uncomplicated to use. Personally I manage very well with the free version as I don't need more than 15GB but additional storage is also not expensive. I have so many options and integrations available that I don't need to buy lots of extra software for single use jobs that I may only need for one project

Pros

It is so easy to collaborate, exchange files, access information and documents. I enjoy using the documents more than their Microsoft equivalents as it is simpler to set up and use.

Cons

My only concern would be that I am saving documents here at a data saving agency and have concerns that my data might not be safe, but that applies to all alternatives to an own server and even there there's no 100% guarantee

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It offers documents of all kinds as well as data storage. Google offered the best value for money and space

SUJOY from COMCAST/NBC 27 CHABOT TV

Google Drive Review

I have been using it now for over 5 years. I love the reliability and the ability to edit directly from the files if I have a great Internet connection if I am running low on local drive space.

Pros

I love the Google Drive storage. I can store my project files there and store it for later use. Also share files with colleagues and clients.

Cons

One of them is the ability to mark more than one file for download without having it zipped. For example, Sony camera make several sections of a video, some could be 10 or more files. I archive them to the drive, when I got to use it, I have to download them one at a time, because if Google Zips them before letting me download it, it takes a very long time, sometimes the whole day. So I have to click on each file and download them all individually, which is faster. Another problem I have is when we load the Google Drive app on my computer, my Drive C: all of a sudden got completely full. But it still works, but I am not happy with with my C: drive showing it's full all the time. Problems could happen.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was offered at our business to us and is shared by all of our colleges.

Mary from The First Twenty

Prefer over Dropbox

Overall really enjoy this product and use it every day. Being able to edit and create word/excel-like documents right on google drive has been very helpful and keeps things organized when multiple users need access to them.

Pros

What attracts me to this software is its ease of use and that it connects to my work email. I find it easier to use than the dropbox account we have in most cases. The fact that you can create and edit google sheets and excel documents within the google drive software is huge. We use this for social media calendars with multiple people editing them. I also like that it is easier to use on my mobile device than dropbox. The google drive app is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes I have random problems with images or content not being able to be downloaded or errors that cause uploaded images not to preview. Sometimes "sharing" or giving "access" to folders has become difficult or caused issues when trying to share things with emails outside of our company.

The Cloud Hard Drive

Google drive has helped us solve the issue of file sharing and handling permissions to these files. Also, it is a great tool for data backup

Pros

Google drive is a joy to use as it seamlessly integrates files from your PC, phone and email into one collection that is well arranged. It makes file sharing easy for us as one simply uploads a file and invites members that need to access it and also shares an email invite that you can customise. The most impactful feature for us is the fact that it automatically versions files when you overwrite them, you can then choose whether to maintain the old version or not. Another nice feature is you can sync folders from your PC and they appear as is in the google drive platform. This is all automatic and does not require the users intervention which is a plus

Cons

A key feature to add would be a shared drive or shared space that an organisation can set user writes a permissions instead of linking the drive to a specific email account. This would make collaboration for organisation wide files easier.

Chris from MisfitHeroes

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great file service, but a little pricey

File transfers and essentially using the service as an online server is mainly what we do.

Pros

The ability to share throughout the google suite and to anyone anywhere is a key functionality to my business (sending massive video files). It functions reliably, quickly, and efficiently. Having the google suite of apps across multiple platforms of mobile devices is a big plus too.

Cons

The price is a bit much at my user level. For an online only product that is mainly used as a replacement for ftp, it is often hard to justify the monthly fee.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The ease of use and user familiarity is why we went with google drive.

Maria from Indeed.com

Anything Google Fan

I absolutely love working on Google Drive, it's really beneficial as all your documents live in one place, it's collaborative as you can share it with anyone, whether it's an internal team or external, including the client. Anyone can have access to it.

Pros

My entire work lives in Google Drive. The design is so simple and clean, it's so easy and quick to work with, you can create, update, share, download, customize - whether it's changing a title or the color of the folder. I've been a user of Google Drive for over three years. I can keep any type of document in there - images, gifs, videos, word docs, presentations, surveys (google form) and it's so easy, fast, and reliable. All you need is an email account with Google and done, you have a whole place where your documentation can live, it's all yours. The sharing setting is great, you can share documentation with one person, various, you can make it public for anyone who has the link, or just for a certain group. I like that you can create any type of document in pre-set formats, whether you want to create a survey, a Gantt chart, a presentation, and you can customize it in any way you want (change background, add copy, images) You can upload files, download files into your computer, and what I like is that you can follow the entire process of upload and download, and you will see a green checkmark when this has been done successfully. You can move documents from a folder to another, or you can move a complete folder into another. It's really really easy. All companies should work with Google Suites.

Cons

Something I don't like, but it's not a roadblock at all is that if you have a basic Google account you have limited storage space, which I have reached with my personal account ,Don't blame me, I have my entire life in Google) but if you have a work account, you will likely not reach it.

Valerie from AlphaSights

Industry: Information Services

Making collaboration with colleagues easy

Overall, Drive allows me to collaborate with my colleagues easily -- the best part is how seamlessly it integrations with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc. I would probably have a different opinion of Drive if I did not use these other platforms so frequently, and instead used Excel or Word. However, for my purposes, Drive works extremely well.

Pros

The greatest advantage of Drive is the ability to share documents with colleagues and manage content during collaboration. Its seamless integration with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. makes it the best cloud-based file storage platform if you are primarily using those. Of course, you can also upload other files types (e.g., PDFs, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) but when your working with others and want to update the file in Drive, you must "manage versions" (an extra step, but not difficult). My ideal use case, and the aspect of Drive that I appreciate most, is the ability to work collaboratively with my team on a presentation in Google Slides that is saved in our shared drive, and be certain that the latest version is not only updated in Drive but also that I can view previous versions.

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with the ease of use and prefer Drive to other cloud-based file storage platforms. However, some functionalities are not as user friendly, and can sometimes lead to negative consequences for the user. One example is creating shadow copy file to another folder in Drive: to do this you press Shift+Z while a file is highlighted. You cannot right-click a file to do this; you just need to know the shortcut. Then to delete it one might think they can simply delete the file and it will continue to exist in other folders. However, that is not the case. Deleting the file will delete it in all folders. Therefore, to delete it you must go into another the details and "x" out the file from folders where you no longer want it to appear. This is a bit unintuitive and could result in files being mistakenly deleted.

Murtaza from Self Employed

Have made files accessible easy for me

Pros

Honestly I like to work anywhere and when I have free time somewhere the I want to cash it by doing brainstorming so I need documents and client briefs. Now its accessible through my phone and I can work anywhere I want. The other part is I have setup folders for my clients so they can download what they want and have bought its subscription so now I have no space issues. Internally I have setup assets folder for all my clients and it have become very easy to share any clients assets with a particular creator i want with no headaches.

Cons

I have multiple drive accounts one for my personal and others are of teams i m working on with. The bad part which I felt so far is that when I use a different google drive account other than default on the website and try to download something it gave me error that i m not authorized. I realized the main problem is if I download 2 files together it creates zip file and made it a successful download but if I try to download single file it gave me the error saying i m not authorized.

Google Drive goes with you to everywhere you go, never again lose a file

The best solution until now of course is the need of my files with me without need any hardware. Just me and my smartphone or table with a lit bit of thinking

Pros

The thing is Google Drive let´s you have everything with you whereever you are, I don´t need any Flash Drive or Hard Drive with anymore, I have it all in my Google Drive cloud and I can acess it from every computer, smartphone or table. The Other thing is that I can share my file easily and very fast with any friend or work college without have to use the old ways that Was suppost to send it to the flash drive, then hand over to is computer etc. No I can share all my documents with everyone extrimelly fast. The last think that I love in Google Drive is that there are shared Team Drives where we have the all office documents together and can have it always updated.

Cons

I don´t like that I need to pay for more than 15gb But is not that much

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because Google Drive meets all the requirements in my company and it´s really easy to use, there no need for a tutorial is intuitive. Its a really fast server and a lot faster than others

Pranagnya from Accenture

My Personal, Global, Primary storage Location

There is no question of remarking this Google product but , as I have mentioned above I would be happy If they provide a Linux client and clients for multiple Google accounts in the same OS.

Pros

Its been more than 2 years I have been using google drive , Initially when we start using google drive we will get 15 GB of Memory space in our google drive but when I have completed my security checkup before 2 years and I have received extra 2 GB of Memory space . So that I can use that extra space for storing extra more files/Data in my Google Drive.

Cons

I) There is no local client provided for Linux.I use Ubuntu Linux at home and I feel I need a local client of google drive for my Linux desktop. II) And there is no possibility of having multiple Google accounts in the same OS. III) I receive many times the shared folder links from friends. They save the photos on G Drive and share them. I am wondering whether they don't know about Google photos, in which it takes less memory and still keeps the same original quality iv) I would be happy if Google notifies or reminds them by a message to these users. Something like, "Hey, You know you can also use Google Photos to save and share your pics"

Steve from Quarry

Google Drive helps us Work Remotly

Team shared drives was the thing that sealed the deal for us. It allows us to share documents with our teams and not have to worry about who owns the document because the company owns the document not a user that once they leave we have to find a new owner for some files that were shared with other team members

Pros

Google Drive has saved our butts when working from home. We needed to find an easy solution to allow our remote users to access the business documents they needed and easily. Sure web browser apps are fine but google drive integrates into the OS and gives the user a G drive so they can access files as if they were installed right on the computer. And even better for IT staff it cuts down on DISK space as all the files stream to the machine and no real space is needed except for the file you are working on. I would recomend this product to any Team looking to find a batter way to collaborate.

Cons

Google support can be really frustrating at times. It can be hard to get a hold of someone to help fix an issue in a timely manor. We have had a few issues where the software was locking up machines and Google had no answers and we had to do a full reinstall on all machines to fix the issue without them but for the other 99.9% of the time it works fine

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It was part of Gsuite and for $10 a month for everything we got it was a simple choice!

Cillian from Self Employed

My favourite Cloud Storage!

Google Drive has been extremely useful in allowing me to back up my Construct 3 projects and share asset files between my computers, and in working with other developers collaborating on projects and sharing assets. Not as versatile in the same field as something like GIT but much easier to use if you're not editing the same files at once.

Pros

The main thing I specifically like about using Google Drive is the fact that it integrates with my google account which I use for most things on the internet. As a windows and android user it works very well for me as I am logged into that account on all my Windows and Android devices, not having to sign into my Microsoft account on mobile etc as I would have to for OneDrive. I also think the free plan is very generous, and the 100GB paid plan is very useful too.

Cons

A lot of the time I have decided against using the paid storage on certain google accounts as I was worried about the possibility of not making a payment later down the line for the cloud storage (IE forgetting to update payment details) and losing valuable data I had stored on the service. I am not 100% sure if the case that a payment fails if you immediately lose your data over the quota, but the whole idea of paying for data storage (the same as with OneDrive & Dropbox) is sometimes a little scary. Also another possibility is having an account hacked etc. I have had people try to access my google account in the past but Google has always managed to not let them gain control over my account. In the case that the account had been hacked and I had lost valuable cloud backups & stored data, I probably would not have rated this service so high. I don't believe either of these reasons constitutes as a reason not to use a cloud storage service, as both a means of sharing files and making backups however!

Timothy from Beckett.pro

Great Software at a Great Price

Drive lets me and my team easily access files and offers great free storage options.

Pros

I love that Google Drive comes with a huge amount of free included storage compared with the other players. Its easy to administer and I love being able to sync the same files and folders across all devices.

Cons

I don't like that when sending a file in GMAIL through drive that you have to set up permissions and such instead of just being able to physically send them the file. I often times find myself having to download the file to my phone or computer just so I can send it to someone else.

Price and familiarity

Sam from Sam's Residential and Industrial Service Provider

Drive is WAY better then One Drive

Very impressed they will work with you when your business is in need especially during these trying times of COVID19 they really strive to please their customers.

Pros

The fact that it is compatible across ALL of my companies devices including our delivery services tablets, In house laptops and PC's, as well as our business phones we provide to our staff. Very well organized and the storage price is best bang for your buck.

Cons

The functionality is great yet the functions are limited. It does everything we need, but would like to see more functions and or program features added like maybe even a time keeper function or a note pad type function added to the available features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Better pricing and functionality as well as much more impressive customer support and if course a bigger name backing it in Google

Gilberto from Grupo Chedraui

Industry: Supermarkets

Drive, una plataforma de almacenamiento en la nube que facilita el trabajo colaborativo

Previamente, en nuestra organización utilizábamos el correo electrónico para compartir archivos como documentos, fotos o ejecutables, sin embargo, era insuficiente el espacio de almacenamiento proporcionado por nuestro proveedor de correo electrónico, por lo que empezamos a utilizar Drive como plataforma de almacenamiento. Drive nos permite compartir archivos e incluso es compatible con la edición paralela. Además, nos permite almacenar archivos RAR o EXE sin restricciones.

Pros

Drive es una solución de almacenamiento en la nube confiable y estable. Para empezar, está vinculada a la cuenta de Google, por lo que se integra con todos los productos de esta empresa. Me gusta porque nos ofrece espacio de almacenamiento gratuito para guardar documentos, imágenes, fotos o vídeos, incluso es posible almacenar archivos RAR o EXE, que no están permitidos en Gmail. Por otro lado, cuenta con una interfaz de usuario intuitiva y fácil de usar, que consta solo arrastrar y soltar. Otra característica que me gusta es que cuenta con una aplicación de escritorio para Windows, de modo que pueda sincronizar mis carpetas locales con los servidores de Drive automáticamente.

Cons

En algunas ocasiones, experimentan fallas en la actualización de algunos archivos, es decir, se retrasan las modificaciones que se llevan a cabo en los mismos. Entre otras cosas, me gustaría que Google fuese más generoso con sus usuarios y nos proporcionase más espacio de almacenamiento gratis.

Julieanne from JG Digital Market

Why wouldn’t you use it?

Google Drive is so handy for so many things I honestly can’t think of a reason why someone wouldn’t use it. I’ve been using it for 10+ years, before it was called Drive, and I plan on using it for another 10+.

Pros

It’s great for storing important documents, both business and personal, streamlining communication and collaborative documents, and it’s super simple to use. It’s also incredibly cheap for the amount of space you get. The free space lasted me for years. When I started a business my storage needs increased, and now it’s one of the main ways I share and edit documents with clients. It’s so easy to use that even my least tech savvy clients have never had a problem with it.

Cons

There’s honestly nothing I would change about Drive, what’s not to like? They offer nearly every type of document, which you can download and open with standard Office and Mac programs (ie, Drive spreadsheets are compatible with Excel, Drive slides are compatible with PowerPoint, etc). I guess it would be nice if they had a desktop version of each program so I didn’t have to open my browser to use, say, a Google Spreadsheet... but that’s something I’d consider a con at this moment.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

All the other product options are handy, but just can’t compare in price and ease of use. Live collaborative editing is the most handy feature that other programs don’t make as Simple.

Abraham from Ministry of Communication

Pros and Cons of Google Drive

I've been using google drive now for more then 10 years and it has provided a lot of benefits in terms of file sharing and ease of accessibility. Sometimes I am required to travel overseas and I don't have to worry about accessing my files knowing that I have google drive behind me. I have also introduced google drive to my fellow co-workers who never knew about this product and they are amazed at how easy it is to use the system. Some have even come back to me and said that they have introduced the product to their family and friends. In my opinion google drive is suitable for anyone who wants to use the product for business, personal, education, social media, etc. It's user friendly, really easy to use and compatible on any device or operating system. I highly recommend google drive to anyone out there who hasn't heard about google drive, to try it out and see how great it really is.

Pros

The thing I love best about google drive is being able to access my files from any location 24/7. This accessibility gives me the confidence that I can get to my files on my laptop or smartphone without having to carry a flash drive or portable external hard drive with me. Especially in my line of work as an IT guy, it provides flexibility when I'm travelling or at a work site and I suddenly need to access my files. With google drive, it also enables me to share my files with colleagues, friends and family by simply sharing the link with them. In a work setting you can complete projects faster using google drive for file sharing and collaboration with employees located in different parts of the world, since a person's changes are attributed only to them. Using google drive is really easy, all you need is an active gmail or google account to start using google drive. On most smartphones the google drive app is already installed, if not installed you can download it for free and install it. Furthermore, if you want to use google drive in your organization or company, the setup is really easy because the application is compatibles across a wide range of devices and operating systems. These compatibility benefits include Windows, Linux, iOs and Android.

Cons

My least favorite thing about google drive is that the product is limited to gmail only and you may run into a few problems with synchronization with other addresses like yahoo, etc. This means if you share files to another person who doesn't have a gmail account they will only be able to view the file and not edit it. Moreover, google drive is a cloud based platform which means you will need internet connectivity to access and view your files online. Another limitation is the uploading, downloading and editing of files online if your internet bandwidth is slow or weak. This may pose intermittent issues and prevent you from completing your tasks on time because of the access delays. Since google drive is cloud based there is also a security concern if your gmail account is breached or hacked. Perpetrators could use your login credentials to steal sensitive or personal information that you have uploaded on google drive.

Cole from Brandable Inc.

Google Drive and All Its Applications are Essential to Succeed

Overall, Drive keeps our entire business connected and running anytime, anywhere. Employees can simply log in on a tablet in their home, their laptop while traveling, their computer at work, or on their phone while walking into a meeting and they immediately have access to all of our files. Furthermore, employees can do so much more than just read or download items. If I notice an error on a presentation for the meeting I am walking into while looking on my phone, I can edit it from my phone and it will save immediately and apply my changes in real time for everyone. So, by the time the presentation starts, the error is gone.

Pros

Google Drive is easy to understand, convenient to use anywhere, and totally efficient. I cannot imagine a modern business being successful today without it. The software and user face works superbly across all operating systems and that’s an incredible pro. Our employees use Mac’s, PC’s, iPhones, and Android phones and the software remains the same across all devices. This streamlines everyone’s understanding and thus communication when needed to discuss the drive. The software is also built very intuitively; anyone with experience using a computer will be able to navigate the software very easily!

Cons

I rated Google Drive a 4/5 stars because there are some features and functions that are not simple to execute. Most notably, the inability to easily move entire folders from individuals’ to team drives. This becomes tricky because it involves who created (ownership) the original folders and files. In a growing company, we’ve experienced an employee creating a shared folder that is used after the employee has moved on and then when we’ve tried to reorganize it to a new team drive, it requires administrative assistance and Google Support. Thankfully, they have great customer service!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 20,807 reviews