All Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

Tim

Reviewed January 2018

Excellent solution for self service storage

Easy of use, implementation, intuitive and well designed customer interface, and simple to manage.

PROS

We operate a small, 138 unit, self storage facility and Easy Self Storage goes a long way in automating many of the process steps we require. If you have a question, you reach a someone who works for ESS (not a call center) who can answer that question quickly.

CONS

ESS provides a package of offerings to complement the self storage software solution, but feels like there are different mini-companies operating together. It would be good to have these rolled under one operating structure to provide consistency. They are all good, but 'feels' different if that makes sense...

Patrick

Retail, 11-50 employees

Storage software

Very good. Cut down problems and time

PROS

The ease of use and consistency. Payments online, can access software from phone or device. Customer can rent online by themselves. Auto billing and messaging. Reports

CONS

Won’t come up in a search on google without paying an exorbitant fee

Trust in friends advice

Reasons for switching to Easy Storage Solutions

Advice from another user

Hope

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Easy Storage Solutions, not so easy

It's been a rough ride but finally getting the hang of it. Also ESS is constantly improving, taking advice from their customers.

PROS

The thing that I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the layout of the software is fairly easy to read, legible. Also, I like to the customer service is team is knowledgeable. They are there to help solve problems.

CONS

The least thing that I like about Easy Storage Solutions is that their customer service is only available Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 MST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed. I'm located in California. Also, something else I dislike is when making notes under individual notes, you have to make sure to click on create note or it they do not save, and notes can be deleted, once saved,(forever) by anyone.

Reason for choosing Easy Storage Solutions

The price and it was being used by another property we purchased.

Hello Hope! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate knowing what we are doing well and how we can improve. We wouldn't be where we are without the valuable feedback each of our customers provide! Thanks again!

Replied June 2019

Tessa

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Best Software for Small and Large Facilities Alike! Used at ALL our Facilities!

PROS

Easy Storage Solutions is truly EASY, which is why we've converted every facility from the $12 million facility to the $250,000 facility to ESS and all employees can use and understand it's features, as well as the tenants.

CONS

Since it's been purchased by Storable.... the terrible turn of customer service.

Jessica

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

I would highly recommend Easy Storage Solutions

PROS

The software is ver user friendly - both from a customer perspective and a management perspective. The ease at which customers can reserve units online, make their own payment changes within their port, and schedule their own move outs decreases the amount of staff time needed to address these things. Since switching to Easy Storage Solutions, our monthly delinquency has decreased to almost zero because the onsite manager is able to manage past due accounts with ease from the dashboard.

CONS

I wish the software could also track expenses. It would be nice to have income and expenses in one place.

Reasons for switching to Easy Storage Solutions

Cost and ease of use. And Sitelink did not work on my Mac computer.

Jeff

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Easy Storage Solutions has simplified my operations

Overall my experience with Easy Storage Solutions has been very positive. When I first setup the account the tech support was extremely helpful and I have experienced that same great customer service ever since. My overall operations have been streamlined by using the software from renting units to billing and communications.

PROS

What I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the automation of my operations. I like the fact that my customers can go to my website and rent the units without my assistance.

CONS

I have multiple locations and I wish the software would be easier to switch between locations and a phone app would be helpful too.

Recommended by a friend.

Neil

Warehousing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Easy Storage Solutions is truly "Easy" to use!

The software has been easy to use including updates since 2013 when our software was installed. As a one person operation, this software has enabled me to ensure productive billing cycles on our current 200+ customer base for 250 storage units,

PROS

Drop down menu system is easy to use. Notification system through emails makes tracking due dates and tasks simple. Most tasks are automated or can be easily customized to ensure timely task completion.

CONS

System works more efficiently when connected to hard line internet via CAT5 cable vs. Wifi. A few payments in the past were lost or doubled while transferring payments in system.

Gary

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

ESS review on software and products

Everytime I call customer servive with a problem they are very helpful in getting the right answer for me.

PROS

ESS is user friendly for everyone and the software can be learned in just a few hours.

CONS

After using the software for over 2 years I can not thing of any improves

Reason for choosing Easy Storage Solutions

ESS has always had a very reasonable price on the software that they offer to us.

Rebecca

Construction, 1 employee

Software solutions

My experience has been nothing but positive, helpful and everything my business needed.

PROS

This software changed everything for running our self storage business, it handles all aspects of the business and has freed up so much time for other projects. From accounting to just simply keeping track of customers it truly sets the standards for business owners. Life became easy after finding and using this software. I highly recommend it!

CONS

Some features of the software are not so easy to figure out but the customer service techs are so knowledgeable and willing to help and with such patience that I never worry about the hard stuff.

Darren

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Easy to manage

PROS

online account management and online payments

CONS

There are features that we have not had to use yet, but plan on implementing soon. I usually have to call a customer service rep help me over the phone when I can not implement something myself, but they have been awesome to help when I need customer service.

Jeff

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2011

Columbus Storage has been in business for 9 years. We have two locations in central Indiana and are family-owned. In our market there is a large company with 5 locations in my backyard and over 500 locations in 3 states. We needed to compete on a level playing field. Our competitor has a web presence with 2 key elements that allow customers to rent units and pay online. We started a search to acquire a program with the same features, especially since we found that the younger generation does all their searching for products and services online. We were using a generic invoice program and Excel spread sheets with Yellow Pages advertising to operate our business. Looking back, I see now that we were operating in the Stone Age. We priced several companies and considered their features. Most were highly overpriced and suited for large corporations. After several weeks of looking over and running demos of Self Storage software, we were fortunate to contact Easy Storage Solutions. Easy Storage Solution’s software has many special features designed for the Self Storage industry. The price is suited for any size company, from small to large. The software is so easy to use and is packed with many tools to operate your business. It includes a complete web presence where customers can rent online, manage their account and pay online. There is a recurring billing feature that charges your customer‘s debit or credit card automatically on the day rent is due (A GREAT FEATURE). Invoicing is no longer a pain; the software keeps track of all balances and late fees. Invoice day is now just a click or two and off to the printer. The conversion to Easy Storage Solutions was very simple. The owners and staff are friendly and know our industry. Within two weeks after contacting the company we were up and running our new operating software. The customer support is top notch. We have been using the software for 3 ½ months now and could not be happier. We currently have over 25% of our customers on recurring billing and several more paying online. Our bottom line has increased and collections decreased. Easy Storage Solutions has put our company on auto pilot. We spend a lot less time on daily operations. The software pays for itself. We have rented to several individuals and companies from our website. They click on our web page, rent a unit, pay and sign an e-agreement, receive their renter’s instructions and start renting. What a great concept. Easy Storage Solutions is not just a business partner; they are part of the Columbus Storage team. We recommend you sample their demo and contact their office if you are serious about improving your company and your bottom line.

Robin

Reviewed January 2018

I have an 82 unit storage facility and found Easy Storage Solutions during a Google search.

It was very easy to set up and work with. I like that it sends out notifications with invoice information and lockout notices automatically. I can log into my account from my phone and view customer profiles and even make payments and set up new customers. It has several report features that help with keeping track of customer payments, lock outs, late payments, collections and financial information including deposit slips and much more. Customers can rent and pay online, they can even place themselves on a waiting list and I will be notified via text message and e-mail. For a few extra dollars a month they keep my Google ranking up so I appear on the first page of a storage search in my area. They designed and manage any changes I want to make to my webpage. Over all it is a very good product for the price.

PROS

I don't have much of a profit margin and they were very reasonably priced. It is the first facility I have owned and they were willing to answer questions about rentals that didn't even pertain to the software. They are always easy to get a hold of when I have a question or concern.

CONS

The software does not allow me to keep track of my expenses and does not integrate well with other bookkeeping software. It also keeps recurring billing going after move out if you don't go in and manually turn it off. Why would it bill on an archived customer who is no longer renting a unit. I feel like all of that should automatically stop once the tenant moves out and is archived.

Hi Robin! Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it! Please give us a call when you have some time and we can help you resolve the recurring billing issue! As for Quickbooks we are working on this as well!

Replied March 2018

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Best thing I ever done

I have owned and ran a small self storage facility (110 units) for about 9 years. I had always done my bookkeeping and billing with a simple computer based software program and excel spreadsheets. I had a paypal button on my web page that would allow tenants to pay online and then I would manually enter payments to my software and spread sheets. This was time consuming and confusing to anyone else trying to log data. I decided I wanted to upgrade to a internet based and through a self storage forum discovered Easy Storage Solution. The price was very reasonable and it was what I was looking for. Being "hands on" I had a lot of questions about how their website worked and the interaction with the credit card processor. Luke done a great job of explaining and calming my fears of something new. Everything was clearly spelled out and I bit the bullet and signed up. In a matter of a day or so Easy Storage Solution had my site up and running. They transferred my domain and had my webpage running very quickly. The tutorials helped me enter my data and customers in no time flat. I was even able to edit my web page with their easy to use online access. Kristen helped me set things up and she is very attentive to me as a customer. After using this online based management site I don't know how I got along with out it. I has cut my time to 1/10 of what I was spending before. I like that since its internet based, two or more people can be logged in at one time; (one entering a deposit and maybe one adding customers) It works very good on mobile devices, which the tenants like. The tenants have great access to their payment history. Great product and great people to deal with! I highly recommend it!

PROS

Easy to use, online based, capability to have multiple access it at one time, great interface with credit card vendor.

CONS

Dont back up to my computer

Thanks for the review Mark! Because we have all that data backed up on multiple secured servers we've tried to take that headache away from the storage owner to always be worried about losing your data. Instead we take the headache for you and save the time to do constant backups.

Replied March 2017

Gary

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent Value, Great Support and Easy to Use

When I came they had 3x5 cards, yellow pads, preprinted contracts and a rolladex. Every sign up was an effort and the reporting and monthly collections and lockouts were not consistent. When we implemented the software we saw immediate results. we went from 65-70 occupancy to 95-100%. Our policies on collections, lockout, unit disposal and rental was improved to near perfection. very happy with our results.

PROS

Ease of use It is a very intuitive software. I am a software engineer and I can safely say that I understand the difference between easy to understand and "you need to be a geek" Another great benefit is the support. Like all software there are issues that even I cannot solve. One call and they take over the drivers seat and fix it every time. Great service.

CONS

I really like everything about it but if I have to make a comment I would say that they could work on making it more customizable in its reports and outputs. Its good now but it could be better.

1 employee