All Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

Virginia (GeGe)

Reviewed January 2018

Product delivers what I needed it to deliver, and the customer service staff has been stellar!

I no longer have to chase down checks and make deposits at the bank! Complete online process now for renting from us.

PROS

I like the fact that once the initial setup is complete, there is very little time required from me on a day-to-day basis. The color-coded facility grid provides a nice visual for potential customers, and there are so many options prompted during set-up which was helpful for me, a first-time small storage facility owner. The price is fair for the service provided, and this company has a fantastic team of support staff. I have worn them out with questions during the start-up phase (newbie to the industry).

CONS

There were a few confusing things during start-up- something regarding photos of our facility versus stock photos showing up on the website... I had not thought to go into an additional template to remove stock photos, and other minor template things I had trouble navigating, but the customer service staff walked me through how to adjust settings.

Real Estate, 1 employee

Best Value Available for Small Business Owners

ESS has transformed my business. Since I switched to ESS (along with the call center they offer), I have been able to purchase additional properties. I am no longer dealing with the issues I had from the previous software I used, not dealing with the day to day calls from customers, and now focusing on expanding my business.

PROS

The customer service is easily the biggest pro for ESS. I cannot speak highly enough about the level of support I get from the entire group regardless of the issues. The pricing is extremely competitive, and the website they put together is professional looking, interactive, and easily customizable. Excellent, excellent product.

CONS

No real major cons that I have found thus far. Software does everything I would like it to do. Would like to maybe see a few more customizable reports, such as the ability to do trailing 12 reports rather than just yearly revenue. The info is there and you can pull it, but would like to see a customizable field.

Hope

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Easy Storage Solutions, not so easy

It's been a rough ride but finally getting the hang of it. Also ESS is constantly improving, taking advice from their customers.

PROS

The thing that I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the layout of the software is fairly easy to read, legible. Also, I like to the customer service is team is knowledgeable. They are there to help solve problems.

CONS

The least thing that I like about Easy Storage Solutions is that their customer service is only available Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 MST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed. I'm located in California. Also, something else I dislike is when making notes under individual notes, you have to make sure to click on create note or it they do not save, and notes can be deleted, once saved,(forever) by anyone.

Reason for choosing Easy Storage Solutions

The price and it was being used by another property we purchased.

Hello Hope! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate knowing what we are doing well and how we can improve. We wouldn't be where we are without the valuable feedback each of our customers provide! Thanks again!

Replied June 2019

Kevin

Reviewed June 2022

ESS took our Self-Storage Business to the next level

We rarely have questions or problems (learning curve) anymore but when we do, customer service is just a phone call away.

PROS

The ease of use and the "one-stop shop" of having all our tasks in one place makes this software invaluable to our current business model and is making it easier for us to manage remote properties as we acquire them. Keeping track of rate trends and increasing/decreasing those rates based on the market is much more fluid in ESS than our former method of using up to three different services, none of which were warehouse specific solutions.

CONS

We wish there was a mobile app to make using some of the features of this software easier when we are not in the office or near a PC/Laptop. Push notifications (PC and/or Mobile) would be great for decreasing our response times to customers to better meet their needs.

Reviewed January 2018

Perfect software for my small storage rental business, and the staff supportive after the sale

PROS

Extremely easy to set up and learn. Cloud based, so I am not tied to the office desk. Has many features that can be programmed to perform automatically, invoicing, late reminders, lockout out notices, etc help clerical staff stay on top of collections. Customers can manage their accounts online, make payments, or setup automated payments. Customers can view availability and rent storage units online. Easy Storage Solutions does their best to incorporate the software user suggestions in their latest updates. Communications with the support staff via chat, email & phone is simple and easy. I am glad that I was fortunate enough to have found the software.

CONS

Unable to think of anything that I don't like about Easy Storage Solutions software, it suits me just fine!

Diana

Reviewed January 2018

Best thing I ever did. It makes my life so much easier.

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

PROS

That I get to use it. So much easier than doing it all by hand. They have lots of support when it comes to using the software. Not only do they have a link that takes you to all sorts of questions and answers....but if I can't figure it out, they are so willing to fix it for me.

CONS

When I want to do a promotions....they can't get them by renting online. They have to call to get the promotion manually.

Hey Diana, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your kind words. We will be rolling out a way to do online promotions in the near future. Great Suggestion!

Replied February 2018

Dawn

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

So easy to use!

We were paper-and-pen before we installed this and it's completely updated our operation. We are able to manage regular storage, portable storage and a seasonal heated storage building all from one platform. I've installed this at our second facility and it's working well there too. Our customers LOVE the text messaging, online payment and autopay features.

PROS

It's allowed us to get a MUCH better handle on our business. Occupancy, trends, communication with customers, every aspect of our operation.

CONS

We had to re-think some of our operation. We were customer-based and the software is unit-based.

Matthew

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent software

PROS

The tech support has always been helpful and new features are added constantly.

CONS

I wish the software was compatible with Sparefoot. Currently we have to manually reconcile.

Tommy

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Great Time Saver

They have been great to work with and setup by them was great.I can now take a look and get real time info on the facility.

PROS

This has saved SO much time processing and absolutely organized the facility into an easy to read report.

CONS

Would like some of the tab options have more “layman’s” names like “Collections” should just be “Past Due” etc

Jayne

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Smooth Sailing

PROS

Interface is wonderful and easy to use. I will most likely start using the website interface by the end of the year.

Lori

Reviewed June 2023

User Friendly Product

The site map feature with ability to click on a client saves time when using. It is go to feature. Ease of integration and set up of new systems for my businesses is seamless. Recurring billing option is our manager's favorite feature, although some clients find the recurring billing messaging confusing.

PROS

Site map provides an overview and is used by our employees of our businesses multiple times a day. The notes with ability for attachments keeps everything tidy in one place. Setting up a new client is swift and the electronic lease capability affords us to assist our clients and gets them access to their self storage unit within minutes.

CONS

Some of the billing feature options when setting up a new customer could be re worded for clarity. A few times it is a bit of a wait to speak to a customer service rep, but when we do reach the reps, they are experts.

GEORGE

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2017

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE BACKBONE OF THIS SOFTWARE. I'M A 60 YEAR OLD MANAGER WHO IS NOT VERY TECH SAVVY.EVERY TIME I HAD A QUESTION I WAS TREATED VERY WELL, NOT LIKE A CHILD AND KNOW MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK THE STAFF WERE VERY PATIENT TILL I FIGURED IT OUT. IN THAT REGARD KRISTEN IS THE ONE WHO BASICALLY TAUGHT ME THE INS AND OUTS OF THE SOFTWARE AND HELPED ME OUT THE MOST. SHE CALMED ME DOWN AND LED ME THROUGH THE PROCESS TO WHERE I'M VERY PROFICIENT TO THE POINT I CAN HELP OTHER MANAGERS IN OUR COMPANY. WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER THAT WE ARE WITH EASY STORAGE SOLUTIONS. GEORGE

PROS

EASE OF USE LIKE THE TITLE AND ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SUPPORT. WE HAD AN OLD DOS SYSTEM AND IT WAS LIKE GOING FROM A SKATEBOARD TO A LEAR JET IN AN INSTANT. THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM IS WONDERFUL AND THE REPORTS DO IT ALL.

CONS

UNFORTUNATELY WE CHARGE THE FIRST MONTHS RENT AND PRO RATE THE SECOND MONTH WHICH ALLOWS EVERYONE TO PAY ON THE FIRST OF THE MONTH THERE AFTER AND THERE ARE A FEW GLITCHES IN THE SOFTWARE THAT I THINK THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED BUT ALL IN ALL WE ARE ABLE TO WORK IT OUT.

We allow this same prorating method in the software. This is located under the "Setup" tab under "settings" there is a prorating drop down box with the option of "bill for first full month, Prorated 2nd month billed now." there is even another option for "bill for the first full month, and Prorate the second month billed later". So we're not quite sure what "glitches" are being referred to, however, we would love to help offer more training through a call to our support team.

Replied June 2016

Laura

Reviewed July 2019

Easy Storage Solutions Review

I chose Easy Storage Solutions because of their intuitive and evolving software. When the software can't do something-they try to figure out an alternative way to solve the problem until it can (like the Spanish translation). The customer service is amazing. I care about my tenants ease of payment and use of the website. I answer all my own tenant calls 7 days a week because I care about their experience. I have called an emailed Easy Storage Solutions many, many times as I am using the software and they always respond either immediately or within a few hours with a solution. I have only experienced considerate, professional customer service. I have never had a customer service person act annoyed to help me or make me feel foolish for asking a question about using the software.

PROS

The software feels very intuitive. I like that I can find a solution to a problem quickly in a few different ways. I can search a customer by name, or unit. I can run a variety of reports to find information I need instantly. I love the notifications for each customer. I use that often to see what emails, notices, receipts were sent and I use the custom template feature to create my own notices. It's great to be able to print those letters in pdf and mail to tenants that may have missed my emails.

CONS

The only problems I have found is that to send a custom template to a customer I need to go off their page to create it first and then go back to their page to choose letters and find that template. I usually just open to tabs with my website but it would be easier to create emails/letters specific to a customer on their customer profile page. My second problem is that the payment section is not available in Spanish yet. The customer service team put in a translater and created a Spanish page for me so we are very close to my goal of offering this to my tenants, but it will be great if the software could have a full Spanish option in the future.

Krisi

Warehousing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Easy to use and operate

For the most part I am satisfied other than refund processing.

PROS

I like that I can make changes to my website, pricing, templates, billing, contracts, gates and storage layout pretty much all on my own; yet if I have any issues with figuring something out customer support is great at helping navigate any issue quickly.

CONS

There do seem to be server error issues somewhat often. Not sure what is going on there.The new refund process of having to go back and and delete the last invoice it went to creates havoc with my bookkeeper, the whole process is inefficient and convoluted so we have decided to circumvent processing refunds through ESS any longer

Reason for choosing Easy Storage Solutions

The software look very user friendly and simple to manipulate compared to the other tutorials we were going through at the time.

Teresa

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2017

Made our life much easier

Although this is one of the easiest programs we have used. We were promised the Quick Books link and are looking forward to this upgrade.

PROS

Our customers love our website!! They rave about the ease of sign up and payment. Online check-ins have increased our tenancy by at least 30% and we seldom miss the chance to acquire a new customer. Online payments have increased our collection rate 35% due to Easy Storage text email reminders This program makes it easier to keep track of all of the income from each individual customers. Year end calculations done on this program make our taxes a snap. This program has allowed us to increase our income on our property by 90% while also increasing our collection rate from 60% 98% This was the best decision we ever made at our facility.

CONS

The simplicity of the program is also its downfall. We can't back up our own information from this sight. This makes it hard to reconcile our credits from Easy Storage and our Debits. We need to be linked to Quick Books

You can backup your own information by downloading any of the reports to your computer. Also, we have everything backed up on multiple secure servers. I think there must have been some confusion about QuickBooks. We do integrate with QuickBooks Online and have a download for QuickBooks Desktop. We have a QuickBooks specialist that offers advice on the best route to take. Our QuickBooks guy said he reached out to you and got everything sorted out.

Replied June 2017

Jay

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2017

Overall I've had a 5-Star experience with Easy Storage Solutions.

I recommend Easy Storage Solutions for small operators who want a flexible, easy to use management platform that is mobile, cost effective but has excellent customer support.

PROS

The features that distinguish ESS for my needs are the competitive pricing for small facilities, the full automation of leases and rental payments, and the fully web-based platform. The fully web-based software means I can perform all functions using any Internet-connected device. In fact, I do almost everything on my smart phone. With the previous, more expensive product, I could do so some things on my mobile devices, but many functions required me to be at my computer. Since my faculties are unmanned and I'm always on the move, having everything available on my phone is essential.

CONS

There are some limitations to the software I would like to see improved. For example, if I make a mistake and fail to credit the customer for their security deposit upon move out, there is nobqay to correct that mistake in the financial records. Fortunately they are eager for input from customers about needed improvements (moreso than the larger company I was with before). They make improvements regularly without creating a need to re-learn the software.

Connie