• Pros

• "This software is very easy to learn. I like that you can not overbook a room."

• "It is easy to set up. It was easy to learn. Our users are able to learn it fast and it is easy to teach it to the users."

• "I love just about everything about the software, but my favorite thing is the easy to use interface along with the EXCELLENT customer support. Has been a great company to work for."

• Cons

• "Overall we have enjoyed the project, but as with any change in an organization, the rollout was slightly cumbersome."

• "Some of the hierarchy setup is a little difficult to work with when it comes to rooms/equipment Its too easy to create duplicate tasks"

• "Even though i like the detail in the work order procurement, I feel like there are a lot of steps."

Browse eSPACE Reviews

Bradd from Forest Hill Church

Highly satisfied, improved operational efficiencies, better organized multi-site management

Pros

We have been very pleased with the transition over to eSpace. The software has helped us to be much more effective across six campus locations and managing work requests that originate from our 150+ clients. The Preventative Maintenance function makes future planning easy so that I can focus on the proactive responsibilities of my job, rather than trying to remember when the boiler inspection is due. The Life Cycle Calculator is also a valuable tool for budget planning. There are other opportunities to advance our efficiencies such as the HVAC integration that we have not yet capitalized on, but is evident to us of a greater level of intentionality more than just work requests and asset inventory. The support team is always available for our questions and responds typically by the end of day. Working with the Cool Solutions Team feels very much like a partnership to fulfill our churches Mission and Vision from the sticks and bricks to all the nations.

Cons

The cons more come from our side in that so many functions are available to us that we under utilize for the betterment of our facilities. Without much time spent within the software, it can feel overwhelming. But this in no way reflects our overall satisfaction of the product.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Bradd...thanks for the feedback. Let us know if any additional training is needed for your team. Tim Cool

Christine from Bongiorno Conference Center

Great Software Package

Our experience has been great. We came from a clunky system where it was hard to search and find items or work orders or equipment. We are able to take full advantage of most of the program and it works well with our maintenance and grounds keeping needs.

Pros

The ease of use and storage of information.

Cons

The un-customizable pieces within a work order.

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

The ease of use features, the storage of information, the reports that can be generated, THE CALENDAR, use as a hub for myself as the administrator and admin for the department. The dashboard is my 'switchboard'.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied January 2020

Christine: Thank you for the review. I would welcome your input on which components of the work order should/could be customizable. Thanks Tim Cool Founder

Bonnie from Granger Community Church

My review

I love how fast and easy it is to contact support. They are always quick and polite with responses. I love the conversation option within events which is very helpful especially with staff turnover to have the notes all in one spot.

Pros

I like the calendar view and for the most part the ease of use with setting up an event. Some details are harder to remember to include with my events especially when I don't enter events often.

Cons

Some of the reporting is quirky and incomplete. For example: An event that spans over 2-3 days consecutively only shows the first day of the event in the set up report so I need to be extra careful to look in other places to make sure I have all the info. I would love a report that shows all the info of an event in one spot as I export this info to a PDF to share with my team as our tasks are split up per event.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

Bonnie: Thank you for the input. I have asked Lorrie from our team to reach out and see if she can be of assistance. Tell Jason Powell I said HEY! Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Eric from Canyon View Vineyard Church

Great customer support

Customer support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically has been fantastic. She's been prompt, courteous and helpful as she answers my rudimentary questions.

Pros

It's user friendly while still having the available options for all our event and building schedule needs.

Cons

I'm still new to the software so I can't really pick out anything as of yet. The one part I had trouble with is figuring out the 'route' a request takes once submitted. It would be a nice feature to designate the order of specific individuals the request has pass through during the approval process.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied January 2020

Eric: Thank you for the review and feedback. Please feel free to let our team know of any feature enhancements we can help with. Tim Cool Founder

Luke from NewPointe Community Church

eSpace is the event management solution we needed

Overall it's been a very positive experience. We were looking for something to fix a difficult software experience that our users were facing and eSpace has knocked it out of the park. The initial call we completed with eSpace was incredibly helpful and the pricing also made it a no-brainer for us. Very happy we've made the switch.

Pros

I liked that the developers really thought through the event management process from beginning to end and were very thorough. It's hard to find a system that fits our workflow and the features in eSpace fit almost exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Lack of SSO, some information is not accessible in the API, some permissions quirks.

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

eSpace fit our internal workflows better and allowed for a greater amount of detail in event information. eSpace's primary product is event management, while other providers offer it as a plugin to another platform.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Luke: Thank you for the review. I would love to hear more about what you all mean by SSO. We hear this a fair amount, but we have 5-6 different definitions of what SSO should be and to date, do not have a concise direction. Any input would be great. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Brian from Emmanuel Enid

Excellent Calendaring & Room Request Website

We needed eSpace when we left our previous Church Management system (Ministry Platform) and went to a new one that we were really excited about (Touchpoint). Touchpoint did not have a built-in calendar and room requesting feature as Ministry Platform did. What we found on eSpace were a thorough, detail-oriented, excellent calendar and room/resource request website and software. eSpace is excellent, and is continuing to grow and improve, and will even be integrating with our church management software soon!

Pros

Ease of use, detail-oriented and thorough.

Cons

The user interface feels somewhat dated.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Great feedback Brian. We would welcome any other feedback you may be able to provide. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Louanne from Second Pres. Church

Great to see multiple events at the same time

I may not use it as much as others but it has been an overall average experience. I think it could be done in less steps to create events.

Pros

Seems pretty simple to learn and fortunately we have someone on staff who knows it well and was trained, so we can ask questions when help is needed.

Cons

The multiple steps it takes to complete an event.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Louanne: Thanks for the review and input. I am not sure if you are aware of the QUICK EVENT option to speed up the event creation process. Here is an article on this feature. https://support.smartchurchsolutions.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037470231-Quick-Event-Create Merry Christmas. Tim Cool Founder

James from Calvary Baptist Church

We Love E-Space

Pros

It is very easy to use. It was designed in such a way that our church could use it with very little modifications.

Cons

I really do not know of anything that I do not like.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Jim: Thank you for your support and friendship. Merry Christmas and happy retirement! Tim Cool

Denis from Summit Baptist Church

eSpace Event Software

This software package has been a real advancement to our event scheduling process. Going from a paper, sneaker net process to an online one has really made our administrative assistants life easier. The support I get from the Cool Solutions staff has been outstanding!! I would definitely recommend this software to any organization that has events on their campus and looking for a way to make it an easier process.

Pros

1. Ease of use. New users have had very little problems using this software from the 2 word documents I created for new users and give to them before they can use the software to create an event. 2. Ease of making changes. The software makes changes and applies all the way through all existing events on our calendar. 3. Functionality of the software meeting our needs. Providing this as an online process, having the calendar ported over to our website and being able to print weekly and month calendars is a real plus.

Cons

There have been a couple of very littles things that would have been cool to have but I understand it is very difficult to meet the needs of every organizations little differences so I cannot enter any Cons!!

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

The two major reasons we choose the eSpace software was: 1. It was designed to work with a church campus. I looked closely at 2 or 3 other packages available and eSpace Event Scheduler was spot on the package that met our needs. 2. The monthly cost of this software package is very, very reasonable.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Denis: Thank you for the encouragement and review. What a blessing to read your review. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Russ from First united Methodist church of phoenix

Excellent products

Espace and all its modules have helped us manage too use, invoice for fees, and faculty management

Pros

Flexibility of setup and use. Mobility.

Cons

It didn’t have invoicing when we started using but they developed and added soon after

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

By far more flexible and easier to use

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Russ...great to hear from you. Thank you for the review and your incredible support as we developed the Billing and Invoicing module. Merry Christmas Tim Cool

Ryan from Wheaton Bible Church

Well made, easy to setup and use. Highly flexible software. Actively developed and supported.

Great work order and event management functionality.

Pros

The software has a low learning curve and is intuitive. Customer service is responsive and helpful. Work orders can be submitted without a login. Work orders can contain custom forms to aid in more complex or unique requests. eSpace has mobile apps for iOS and Android (most work order systems rely on mobile webpages too much). Great modules to support assets ("Equipment"), inventory, and recurring preventative maintenance work orders. System is actively being actively developed and upgraded on a regular basis. Web interface is well designed and spaced well to use with a tablet or 2in1 laptop computer. Low cost and easy payment options. eSpace functions well as a work order system and event management system which = less administrative work compared to managing 2 systems separately. Easy to setup the system without training, but setup training is provided at a low cost if needed. Overall its a great product supported by a great team. Though some functionality is lacking, I am betting that with time, eSpace will be able to turn their great system into a top competitor in the field.

Cons

The software is lacking some advanced functionality. There is some give and take to have an event management system and work order system tied together in one system. The list of rooms/spaces is truly a mess (very clunky to navigate, constant issues with users selecting multiple rooms by accident because it is not remotely intuitive). The Android app is slow to load work orders (seems to be due to the app attempting to load rooms/spaces). Customer service is responsive, but always tells you to go vote on features rather than giving timelines. Voting on a potential cool new feature is perfectly fine, but having to vote on critical functionality is simply an annoyance.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Ryan: Great Feedback. Would love to hear more about what WBC sees as critical functionality. That will help me and our team determine priorities for all out subscribers. Also, we do offer some custom coding options for clients that need features that may not be on the "road-map". Thanks Tim Cool

Nancy from Fellowship Bible Church

Some "likes" some "dislikes"

It has been a fairly positive change from what we used before but would love to see some of the cons listed above changed.

Pros

I like the fact that events are shown on the calendar even before they are final approved.....sometimes they get held up in our organization yet our facilities guys can see it anyway and therefore do the necessary setup.

Cons

I don't like how the sub-admin approvals work. As an administrator it is too easy for me to give my pre-approval and my approval inadvertently bypassing the sub-admin when their approval is critical. I wish there was a safeguard against this. I like being able to view the history of an event but wish there was a little more detail on date and time changes. I like the fact that each category can have their own color but don't like that it takes up another line in the calendar view.....we don't use it because of this. Would like it if the event name just took on the color instead of adding another line with the colored box.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Nancy: Thank you for your review and candor. Pre-approvals will not by-pass the Sub-Admins; however, it is important for the Admin to not have the user permission setting "Default Auto Approve On". Also, the Admins must always be sure to expand their "Requires Administrative Approval" grid, to see what items are outstanding and not select approve until all items associated to an approval area have been approved. You can also select the clock icon within the grid to see what is actually pending approval. I am sure you are aware that you can post ideas for others to vote on at the link below. This forum is what our development team reviews when considering what items are to be developed. http://support.espace.cool/forums/261233-event-scheduler Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Erik from Westwood Community Church

eSPACE makes all our facility work possible!

Modernized our work order system. Standardized the information our set up teams receive about each event.

Pros

This is the most comprehensive and easiest to use facility management software I have ever used. We have been able to improve our event set up progress both in accuracy (not missing a resources) and on time completion (having the set up ready). Our housekeeping team has been able to utilize the Maintenance PM feature to modernize how we know what to clean when. Before this feature daily lists had to be created to each housekeeper which often changed week to week. Now each housekeeper can access their daily work order which is recurring week to week. The customer support is also great! Any issue I have has been resolved quickly or implemented as a future development making the software better for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes changes occur or new features are added that you hear very little about. Also if Items from the post idea wall get enough votes to be implemented send a notification and reward the users who have ideas implemented.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Erik....thanks for the feedback. Would love to know what added information we could provide you in addition to the WHAT'S NEW notifications. We want to make sure you are getting what is needed. Thanks Tim Cool

John from Ward Church

Excellent Facility Scheduling Software

eSpace has streamlined our scheduling process and allows all staff members to participate,thus lessening the work load on the facility staff.

Pros

The ability to easily schedule a large number of rooms and being able to see any and all potential conflicts.

Cons

Inability to select all rooms with one click when scheduling a building closure. It takes extra time to individually select each room for a closure.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

John: Thank you so much for the review and support over the years. As for the selecting all spaces....I have asked our team to review. Tell you team MERRY CHRISTMAS Tim Cool

Michelle from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

Overall its been a win/win for us and love it.

Pros

We like the ease of use, very easy and user-friendly.

Cons

1 - Under the "Setup TAb - "configuration" (which is the indicator of how space should be set up) should be a "required" field since it is critical for every room reservation. We find people tend to forget this and then we have to go back and follow up with them nearly every time. 2 - Under the "Setup Tab - Instead of "Edit" this should say something that would trigger the end user such as "Add Configuration" or Add Details - Add Notes....People again tend to miss this because they don't clearly understand what they are "editing" and then again, its not a "required field (which it should be). 3. It would be good if "attachments" could be more visible instead of being hidden under "optional settings". People again tend to miss this feature.

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

The general use of the software, the customer service, and the price.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied January 2020

Michelle: Thanks you for your input and suggestions. I appreciate the "required field" suggestions. We have debated these for years as some people would benefit from making them required, while most of our subscribers have told us they prefer not to make them required. Please feel free to share this with our customer support team if it continues to be an issue. Tim Cool Founder

Patricia from Grace Bible Church

Using eSpace and working with the support team has consistently been a pleasant experience for me.

Pros

The ability to have a calendar easily accessible to our entire staff that also manages the room reservations with straightforward steps to create an event has become a vital element of our office life. Operating within eSpace is intuitive and the adjusting the settings is simple, allowing for maximum functionality according to varying needs.

Cons

In the most recent upgrade, the Spaces and Services into an "Items" tab, which does mean that our team is no longer forced to see the Services page - we are not in the habit of looking for the Services and now it's too easy to "Next" over to the subsequent steps without seeing that section. This is particularly problematic for when different teams on our staff run reports based on the services requested for events, yet many of the events needing a service have not asked for them by accident.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Patricia: Thank for the feedback on "Items". Very helpful for our team to know the real-life applications of our subscribers. Thanks! Tim Cool

Karen from Bent Tree Bible Fellowship

A new user's perspective

So for I am liking this software. I work in adult ministries and handle 100+ different small groups, studies and events every semester for over 4000 adults. We joke at our church that our building is an "event venue that does church". We are swapping rooms constantly from ladies classes or senior events in the mornings to meetings in the afternoons to support groups in the evenings. I think the software will be helpful.

Pros

seems intuitive; I can go back to add something I forgot very easily and not have to click back through pages that didn't change. When I had questions - the help chat was great with info and response time.

Cons

I wish that the ability to add the "last meeting/month before it ends" notification to a contact about the last occurrence before the event is submitted. At my church where we are using this, most of my events have an outside (of staff) contact that is the one making the reservation. Currently I add them as a contact and the event has to be approved and then I have to go back into the event to mark event notifications that I want one sent, but (second challenge) I can only send it to myself or a sub-admin and not the outside contact that makes the decision to extend. In my world, I have 154 events i just entered into your software, with 154 different contacts that I need those people to get the notification, not me getting it and then forwarding to the contact. At the end of each semester I will be spending a lot of time just forwarding email. A very inefficient use of time.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

Karen: Thank you so much for the feedback. I would like to explore this further with our development team. Thanks again. Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Holly from FBC Trussville

Uh oh.... can I undo that?

It has been helpful, but it is not intuitive enough to be something you do in a hurry. I'm very quick with computers and new software, but I really have to stop and think through what I'm doing with this one. As a weekly user to add or update events, not the administrator, and being short-handed in my department, I'm often using it on the go to rearrange reservations/schedules and multitasking another task or two at the same time. For things that can't be undone, a "Sure you want to do that?" would be helpful.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to update my reservation for a space with additional dates, schedules, and set up information as we draw closer to an event. Also, it allows us to really customize our available services as we need to over time. I love that I can keep a weekly event going through to the next year and beyond by just adding additional dates to the calendar. We also have it set up for me to approve events and services in the building I'm in charge of so that I can manage those events well or veto them.

Cons

If you you are adding a schedule to an ongoing event, but decide to cancel said addition of schedule because the availability is not there for it to be approved, you could be like me and inadvertently end up cancelling an entire major event and not just the schedule that has been approved and ongoing all year with NO WAY to undo the cancellation.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Holly...thank you so much for the great input. Love the idea. Are there other things that would help make this tool more productive for you? Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Kenny from Church of the Resurrection Downtown

Great Product for growing campus

Pros

The amount of features and integrations that are available are quite vast. While the software works well for smaller uses, as our campus continues to grow I'm really coming to love and appreciate the huge amount of options that are available for use. Also, the customer service is absolutely top notch. You can get ahold of someone at almost anytime, and they are always happy to help. They are also actively prowling their suggestion board and adding in user requests.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is the limitations placed on the different levels of the software. I find myself needing 1 small element of a higher priced tier, but not willing to pay the price to upgrade because I won't use the rest of those features.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Kenny - Thanks for the feedback. Which added feature do you need that is not in your current tier? Tim Cool

Gretchen from Transfiguration Catholic Church

It's been frustrating learning the quirks with the system, but overall not terrible.

Pros

The customer support has been the best part of this software. I also really appreciate the constant updates that occur.

Cons

I think that this system could use a lot of work. There are constant updates which I really appreciate, but I think the sofware isn't nearly as intuitive as it should be. I can go to many websites and fill in information, click the NEXT button, and go to the page that I think I should go to. This system isn't like that. I click NEXT and it takes me to a different area. Or I think I'm submitting something, but it doesn't work the way I want. I'm a 33 year old, tech savvy woman who only has issues with eSpace. Yes, there are countless articles and videos to watch to learn how to do something, but I think if the system was set up better, these aids wouldn't be necessary all of the time.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Gretchen: Thank you for your candor. I would welcome any specific suggestions for the work flow and intuitiveness. Feel free to email us at support@coolsolutionsgorup.com to further this discussion. Thanks Tim Cool

Nancy from NorthCreek Academy

It is a user friendly software. Good for booking a large number of rooms for one event.

It is a time saver and easy to use. I did not handle the purchase of this software, our business operations department coordinated the purchase.

Pros

Since the improvements have been made, I can now enter a large number of rooms for one event, so that is making my job easier. It is easy to read and follow. When I have had a question, or an issue, the customer support has been wonderful.

Cons

When I have used the schedules piece, it seems to be very confusing for our Buildings and Grounds people to read at their end. Even though I have booked rooms at certain times, they don't appear on the calendar the way I have booked them, so I have stopped using the schedules for that reason.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Nancy: Great to hear from you. Would love to learn more about the issue you are having with the schedules. Is this for the WORK ORDERs or the Event? Thanks Tim Cool

Lisa from CRB

eSpace is used to manage the resources and space needed for on campus meetings and events.

Pros

Quickly and easily allows staff to customize singular and ongoing meetings/events. Public events are immediately added to our church calendar upon approval, which can be linked to event pages making it easy for our guests to access information. We use eSpace for it's most basic functions, but it's been an invaluable planning tool for scheduling, resources and setup for 40+ on campus meetings/events per week.

Cons

The latest update makes editing events and spaces more difficult than previous versions. Users often think they've complete the form without selecting the final submit button, leaving events in draft form and requiring follow-up.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Lisa...thanks for the review. Would love to learn more about which of the changes are causing the greatest confusion for your team. Thanks Tim Cool

Adam from Compass Bible Church

We use eSpace at our church to help our Facilities personnel keep track of a variety of tasks.

Pros

We greatly value eSpace's capability to provide a readily available mobile interface for our Facilities personnel to access and use for work orders, from event setups to repairs and everything in between. The eSpace app has allowed us to move away from using paper notes on clipboards to an entirely digital system that we can use to track work order completion, as well as time of completion and who completed it.

Cons

eSpace's interface can at times be messy, cluttered, and a little difficult to navigate. Some of our employees have expressed that the mobile app lacks certain features to make navigating it easy and intuitive. Despite these issues, however, eSpace has been very communicative and helpful, and are always implementing features that greatly assist with problems that arise.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Hi Adam...thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to provide us suggestions in the POST AN IDEA section. We love learning from our clients. Tim Cool

Bradley from LifeMission Church

There has never been an issue with eSPACE

A fresh look for an older type of program. Quick and easy to use calendar views from month to agenda to weekdays, etc. All of your calendars are integrated into one calendar and you can filter from the calendar to find what you need based on EVERYTHING chosen in events. Resources, spaces, event owners, editors, etc. There's so many features, you have to just try it out on free trial.

Pros

We use this at our church to schedule events, fulfill work orders, display public calendars, and as a ticketing system for our IT department. It feels like every other month we're able to integrate or use the eSPACE software instead of another software we've used in the past. It really helps us put all of our eggs in one basket in regards to church operations. The fact that you can request ideas and the development team listens is a huge advantage they have on other providers for event scheduling and work order management. The knowledge base is great and always helpful when trying to find the correct function you need.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Brad: Thank you for sharing. Just curious...what kind of IT ticketing were you using prior to eSPACE? Thanks Tim Cool

Luke from Fellowship Bible Church

eSpace helps me manage 100 rooms at 2 campuses as well as maintenance. I am freed up to do more!

I do not have to double enter all the data with events in a separate HVAC software and the workflow for events and work order maintenance is done seamlessly.

Pros

I like that it is suited so well for churches. I like that it manages our HVAC controls in one place. I like that it manages the multitude of steps involved in event management as it processes that workflow for me. Lastly, I love that it seamlessly manages all our work orders for facility maintenance.

Cons

As it grows, more functionality leads to more clicking and navigating. It is to be expected, and I am confident it will get better over time as streamlining is a priority at eSpace.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Luke: Thank you so much for your continues support of eSPACE and for being a leading voice in the development and enhancement of the product. Tim Cool

Christina from HPUMC

Like a lot- but issue with two features

So much easier than the previous software we used, and with higher capabilities (even if we don't utilize them). I like it a lot.

Pros

It's intuitive, and moves you step by step through the process. Making room reservations is easy. I really like eSPACE a lot.

Cons

1. Have to navigate back to Dashboard before searching for another event. This is a waste of time, they should put a Search option at the top of every screen, not just the Dashboard. This also seems super intuitive, not sure why they haven't done this yet. They must not ever have to search and look at multiple reservations back to back. It's annoying. 2. The "email me one month before event ends" reminder option DOES NOT WORK. I have brought this to their attention several times, but it is not fixed. This is crucial for the work I do, and it is ridiculous that this doesn't work.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

Christina: Thank you for the review and the candid comments. I just viewed the ticket you set up with Lorrie and also see where the development team has escalated this issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We will remedy as soon as possible. Thanks Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Diane from Essex Alliance Church

User Friendly programs and customer support has been quick to respond to idea suggestions

Our staff can easily use this program to schedule events so that the public can view it and that we can identify where events are being held. Running reports on areas is easy and a nice feature to have for end of year reviews.

Pros

The calendar is a quick and easy way for our staff to view room availability and what is happening in our buildings. We love the "room conflict" feature so there is an ease of reserving spaces without causing conflict with multiple users.

Cons

We wish there was a drop down feature on the calendar that you could choose the month and year without having to type it in or scroll through each month. Would also like an easier way to produce invoicing for clients who book rooms.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Diane: Thank you for the kind words and good suggestion. Thanks for your support. Tim Cool

Kevin from Kingsway Christian Church

An improvement over our former building management program

Pros

It is definitely better than our previous program. I love the various ways you can view schedules...calendar, list, filtered, automatic reports, etc. Very helpful. I also love that you can include all kinds of layers to a request/schedule. Everything from chair setup to door unlocking to setup/tear down time, etc. It's pretty flexible.

Cons

I think I would describe the workflow as clunky? It's not horrible but it often takes some digging to find what you're looking for. I rarely making requests/bookings, etc. I am someone who is a part of the approval process, so 95% of my time on eSpace is approving, not making requests. I don't love that I have to navigate through several clicks across and request to find important pieces of information about the requests. I also don't love the conflict system. I wish it told me right off the bat what the conflict was, instead of me having to look around to find it.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Kevin: Thank you for the candid input. Would welcome any suggestions on how to enhance the approval process. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Laura from Immanuel Baptist Church

The set up was very time consuming without a lot of guidance on the front side.

Pros

Ability for set up crews to be able to view set ups on the app instead of printing out daily reports. Creating forms for certain room's needs is essential for our church's needs. However, this is not a unique feature to eSPACE. We look forward to having a work order management system which is the main reason we chose eSPACE. Phone calls with eSPACE have been helpful.

Cons

Was told before purchase that the set up would be easy. A kind but inexperienced employee advised us incorrectly about how to set things up and it caused hours and hours of extra work. It would've been helpful to have a game plan of specific things to consider before structuring our account - best practices. We basically had to figure most of it out ourselves. The template instructions didn't always match the actual template. The app often has glitches - specifically when viewing the calendar the screen turns black or the events for a specific day do not load. You can usually back out and try again and it resolves. We have had some long delays while waiting for an answer with Live Support. It hasn't been a huge problem but when first time users are asking questions and trying to learn the system, it is discouraging to them.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Laura: Thank you for your candor. I would love to learn more about the issues you had during setup. I am sorry you had the difficulties you experienced, and would like to take steps to help our team improve. Thanks Tim Cool

August 2016

Laurie from Westwood Community Church

August 2016

Amazing Customer Service and software that is comprehensive!

We have just recently started using espace event scheduling and the work order system and are very pleased with it. The combination of modules available under Cool Solutions makes so much sense. I am glad they have figured this out so well! I have had plenty of questions for them and have ALWAYS received quick and thorough responses. So glad to have found this!

Pros

They are so customer focused! They have created a place within the software where the customers can post ideas of what we feel could be helpful for us and others. What a concept! Asking the end user for input. Love it! Also, the tracking of equipment in the work order system will be very helpful come budget time. There is documentation of equipment, it's age, it's service record, etc. for better planning of the funds God has given us to steward. We can expect at least fewer "surprise" expenses.

Cons

When moving our data from a previous software we were told our recurring events would come over into espace as recurring. This didn't happen and has been quite time intensive to take all the individual events and recreate them into recurring events.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2017

Hi Laurie...I am so sorry for the challenge with the recurring events. I believe we have corrected that....and should help future imports. Thanks for your support. Tim Cool

Brad from Forest Glen Inc.

This software has helped my staff get out of the "What do you want me to do today?" mentality.

Pros

The upgrades that come out are really incredible. The staff have called me during support issues, they have changed certain things at my request, they are extremely friendly and generous, and all of this just seems like icing in comparison to the product of what eSpace has to offer. I really enjoy the "Post Idea" feature, as you can tell how others are using the software as well.

Cons

I would love to see ways to download CSV files, edit them, and reload them for things such as inventory, equipment, etc. An internal chat program would be a nice addition as well. It wouldn't surprise me if these come in the package in the near future, but one of this keeps me from getting the most out of eSpace right now as it is, though.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Brad: Thanks for the great input. Did you see that we released "CONVERSATIONS" last week which gives you the real time chat? Thanks for the other suggestions. Tim Cool

Jeffrey from Oak Ridge Baptist Church

Reduced chaos

We are a church that has grown considerably over the last few years, and our facility needs have grown and become more complex along with that growth. Until we implemented the eSpace management software, maintenance requests were on hand written slips, often misplaced, and therefore unaddressed. There was no easay, reliable tracking of asset maintenance and lifespan. We are finally getting these things under tighter control, which, in the long run, should result in savings of time and money.

Pros

Puts all my maintenance requests in one location, and allows me to prioritize, schedule, comment, and determine/edit the status of each work order easily.

Cons

No barcode/QR code scanning/tracking of assets...yet.

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

Having met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at The Church Network Conference in 2017, discussing with him his reasons for developing the product, and having looked at other similar products, we felt eSpace was the one best suited to serve our needs as a worship facility.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Jeffery: Thank you for the kind words! We are withing weeks of releasing a new feature set called "Asset and Inventory Management." This will have bar coding options from the mobile app and a more robust asset and inventory feature set. You should get an announcement in the next several weeks once we release it. Merry Christmas. Tim Cool Founder

Sheila from Edmond Town Hall-Board of Managers

Very helpful software at a very reasonable price.

I am able to reserve rooms efficiently and I'm able to publish that information on my web site. I am also able to pull reports. I love that I can download the emails of my room users so that I can communicate with them if necessary.

Pros

It allows me to reserve spaces easily and inexpensively. I can email messages within the reservation to communicate with the person who made the reservation.

Cons

I am unable to connect it to billing somehow. That would be ideal. The communications aspect is a little primitive. I am able to communicate within the reservation summary, but I am not able to easily copy others in the organization so they too have a copy of the approved reservation.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Shelia....thanks for the great feedback and suggestions. Tim Cool

Phillip from Trinity Baptist Church

very easy but powerful tool

Pros

softway has never lockup on us. customer service is great. They listen to their customers and use that to change their software upgrades or the dar they listen to their customers and use that to change their software upgrades.

Cons

they are working on maintenance module. be happy when it is complete., I would like for calendar to open on a day st you pick not just a month. other than that I have not cons against this software

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Hi Phillip...thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to provide us suggestions in the POST AN IDEA section. We love learning from our clients. Are there specific features with the maintenance module that would be most beneficial? Tim Cool

Mary from Sherman College of Chiropractic

Very Satisfied Customer

Communication between different departments have improved with using eSPACE, by having one program to use for all events.

Pros

The ease of use and tutorials, educational material provided.

Cons

Limited space in notes sections. Sometimes I require more room for details...

Cost

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Mary: Thank you so much for the input. I would welcome additional clarity on the note fields. We have expanded the number of characters significantly in the past 3 weeks. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Suzie from St. Thomas of Villanova

Project Manager

We are now able to provide everyone with up-to-the-minute calendaring information. They can access it anywhere, especially with the phone app. Everyone can enter their own requests, and we no longer are "surprised" when an event was supposedly scheduled but somehow was never calendared. We also are able to know room set-ups and anticipate work flow for our maintenance staff. Resource shortages are managed prior to events, instead of scrambling at the last minute. We are extremely happy and impressed with eSpace.

Pros

Online program that can be used anywhere for ALL to see immediate additions and changes. We are now paperless and so much more efficient and effective with our scheduling.

Cons

We have some folks that are resistant to change. With so many features, the program came seem overwhelming at first. Our learning curve was a lot longer than we expected.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

Susie: Thank for the feedback. We would welcome any input as to how best to streamline the onboarding process. Also, please let us know if training would be helpful. Thanks Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Stella from Briarcrest Christian School

It's been a great addition for our school. ESpace is more efficient and less labor intensive.

Reduction of time spent on entering and changes reservations. ESpace is user friendly.

Pros

The amount of time that is required to add or change an entry. I spend much less time adding or making changes. It is also very user friendly.

Cons

I guess the only recommendation that I have is on the conflict end. It would be nice to be able to not only see who you have a conflict with, but more easily see what specifically the conflict is. For example, if you request the use of the Gym and bathrooms. Is the conflict with the Gym or bathrooms. Naturally if it is with the bathrooms, then it is not a problem because several users may use this space at one time. Reserving the bathrooms could be a subset of the space and not listed separately in the request column. Overall, ESpace has been a great addition this year.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Stella....Thank you for your feedback. Our team will be reviewing all o our reviews and will let you know if we need additional input. Thanks Tim Cool

Joey from Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Church

Functional, Ease of Access, Build Your Reach

Pros

eSPACE is easy to use and quick to learn. Each web page can be manipulated to look how you would like for your audience. Taking payments for events and registrations is super easy and convenient. Uploading photos and pdfs makes using this software for our church extremely functional.

Cons

It can be confusing for page visitors to navigate the website. The amount of tabs and drop down menus can make it difficult for them to find what they are looking for.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

JOEY: Thanks for the input. Can you provide some context as to who the "page visitors" are and any suggestions to eliminate any confusion? Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

David from Faith Church of Lafayette Indiana

Faith Church of Lafayette

The Customer Service folks are very easy to work with and have quick responses. The Work Order Management Software has allowed our small crew be very efficient and effective with our time. Love the programs they offer.

Pros

A simple and easy to use and understand Dashboard. The Maintenance portion can effectively be used by any user and has an excellent preventative maintenance program. Its quite amazing how the event calendar, maintenance management, and thermostat program all work together. Take so much work and thinking power out of the equation.

Cons

The App is quirky and not easy to use. It doesn't serve my team very well so we just use the desk top version.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

David....thanks for the review....good stuff. I would love to hear more about the app. What things seem to be quirky. Thanks...tell Jonathan I said HEY! Tim Cool

Our experience using eSPACE has been very good. They are extremely helpful, responsive and caring.

Pros

The software does everything it is advertised to do and they are continually making improvements to make it even better. The customer support is awesome. If we have any issues or problems, they are very responsive and work with us until it is resolved. We have connected our HVAC systems with eSPACE, which was quite a process since our HVAC is an old system. But everyone at eSPACE worked with us through the whole process to get it functioning properly. Everything works automatically and it is great.

Cons

Some of the functions can be a little confusing, but after working with it, we usually figure it out. We would like to customize some of the sub-admin sections more, but the new communications tools available may also eliminate that.

Jessica from Ward Church

I use the software almost daily to put new events in or check on events coming up for other staff.

Ease of use and ability to see all events going on in the building before I book something.

Pros

It allows me to visually see all events going on in the church so that I can plan dates, rooms and times easily for an event, whether it's an ongoing ministry or a one-time event.

Cons

Certain changes (such as adjusting duration of an event) can cause my event to be "kicked out" of first priority, causing my event to have a conflict with another event when the secondary event should have the conflict. Very frustrating.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied November 2018

Jessica: I am so sorry for the delayed response. I will ask our team to reach out to you about the DRAFTS concerns. Thanks Tim Cool

Hailey from Lifegate Christian School

eSpace is a useful tool with few bugs or complications that we enjoy utilizing on a daily basis.

Pros

- fairly easy to navigate the site, especially with the recent updates that were made - clear color-coding helps us to know what still needs to be approved and which events are our or the church's - automatically sends emails to contacts and managers when events are approved or denied

Cons

- calendar view is fairly cluttered and load times to transition between months is excessive - no warning emails if events are coming up but haven't been approved yet

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Hailey...great input. Would love to know more about the issues going from month to month. Is that in the calendar view or agenda? Thanks Tim Cool

Joe from Crossroads Community Church

Facility managers right hand

saves our teams preparation time & the frustration of double booking

Pros

the program is flexible and gives you plenty of options gives you the information needed for your team prevents double booking

Cons

could have more customization for reports rather than exporting to excel, easy customize-able reporting would be a great plus

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Joe: Thank you so much for the review and input. Would love to hear more about what things about the reporting would benefit you all. Can you provide some specific suggestions to our support team? Merry Christmas. Tim Cool

Stacy from North Texas District

We have a large camp facility with multiple buildings, equipment etc. This is a great program!

Pros

I especially like the ease of adding work to be done with the app on my phone. Our facility is quite a large property with multiple buildings and it is super convenient to pull up the app when we see an issue that needs to be taken care of. Our managers and those authorized to generate work orders really like the easy use of the app and the paper trails that it generates. Our management staff like the reports and locations of issues to be able to track repeat problems. Assigning work orders to specific people is a great accountability factor!

Cons

Running reports is easier from a computer than the app. It is easy to add work orders from the app, but accessing other features is not as easily accessible.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Hi Stacy...thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to provide us suggestions in the POST AN IDEA section. We love learning from our clients. Tim Cool

Allison from Highland Park United Methodist Church

eSPACE for the workplace is a life saver

Pros

This uniform way of reserving rooms, set-ups, and supplies has made our massive business extremely happy. While each step clearly states what is needed, the best part is the attention to detail for each personalized​ request.

Cons

I have never understood the struggle with working with eSPACE until I had to help an employee over 50+. She did not grow up in the "everyone has a computer" stage of life and has struggled​ with the multitude of steps to make reservations. Now, we could have trained her better, but the more complicated your reservations are the more steps to complete it.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2019

Allison....great feedback. Thank you for sharing. We would welcome additional feedback on how we might streamline the process. As a side note, has that employee been shown the QUICK EVENT CREATE? Here is an article that might be useful. - https://intercom.help/espace/event-management/creating-events/quick-event-create Let us kn ow if we can help further. Tim Cool

Steve from Mount Vernon School, Mount Vernon Presbyeterian Chuch

Great event reservation and work order tool.

very satisfied, always updating, the espace team is consistently sends updates and to the platform that makes it more user friendly

Pros

We have a high number of events and it helps us manage two campuses effectively. We utilize almost every space on campus for meetings and events and it allows us to not overbook areas. Just recently started using Work Order Management and very pleased. It helps streamline my teams efforts and makes them more productive.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied March 2018

Steve....thank you for the review. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to serve you. Tim Cool

Nate from Flint Baptist Church

very much appreciated and resourceful on a daily basis to get the job done

Pros

Work orders and event scheduler. The ability to log inventory into the system and all your equipment to be able to add to work orders or events exactly what needs to be used for certain events. it is an absolute necessity if you have a large amount of space or grounds and facilities that needs maintenance on a daily or weekly basis.

Cons

don't like that you aren't able to have a select all tab when closing or completing tasks, if you let them build up you have to hit complete on each individual task, which becomes time consuming

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Hi Nate...thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to provide us suggestions in the POST AN IDEA section. We love learning from our clients. Tim Cool

Dave from Grace Community Church

Great Product!! Keeps everybody in our organization on the same page!! Easy To Use!!

Pros

Love all the different ways you can customize the program, Its great that it integrates with their other programs which saves valuable time. The program is straight forward that anyone can easily use.

Cons

The software is being changed and updated so often with new features that its hard to keep up with it. :) The WIFI thermostats that integrate with the program could be a better product.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied February 2018

Dave....thanks for the input. Would love to hear more about the stats. Have you had an issue with the Entouch Stats? Thanks Tim Cool

Leah from The Orchard Church

eSpace

See what I like most about the software!

Pros

This software has helped our organization be more prepared for events that take place here at the church. It has helped us create a team environment as we work together to make our events successful. From the ease of creating an event to the communication with different team members on the role they will play in the event we seem to work better with one another.

Cons

The approval process gets confusing when working with other administrators who have different roles in the organization. This could be a little less confusing if there were not so many ways to go about the process.

Reasons for Choosing eSPACE

It offered more of what we were looking for!

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Leah: Thanks for the great input. Would love to learn more about your concerns about the roles in the event approval process. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Rob from Foundry Commercial

eSpace Review

Overall eSpace has been great. I would recommend it.

Pros

The HVAC controls integration is my favorite part of the software. I have been able to cut back the standard HVAC schedule for each building I manage and let eSpace turn on HVAC units for the select spaces that are occupied.

Cons

It would have been better if we had more support from eSpace setting up the HVAC integration. We received a manual, but an in-person eSpace tech working with our HVAC controls technician would have been better.

Response from Cool Solutions Group

Replied December 2019

Rob: Thank you for the great feedback. I too wish we could provide on site assistance with setup of our integrations. We offered it in the early years, but was so cost prohibitive for most churches to pay for our time and travel, that we had to revert to remote assistance to keep the integration affordable. Thanks again for the great input. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder