Q Ware CMMS Software Reviews

Recommendations

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"This product was easily implemented and we currently use work order, preventative Maint. Inventory and assets management."
  • icon"I like the ease of use for the end user and for our client in the building. I can customize it for my building needs and don't have to buy excessive software I don't need."
  • icon"Superior Customer Support. Inexpensive as compared to other CMMS."
  • icon"Depending on how it's accessed (whether you have direct web access or have have to go through your companies server) there is occasional lag."
  • icon"No bid deal because I can delete the totals line before I Power Query the report into my analysis."

Have you used Q Ware CMMS and would like to share your experience with others?

All Q Ware CMMS Reviews

Industry: Utilities

Q Ware CMMS Excels!

I have used Q WARE CMMS for over 15 years now. This spans two different employers. I find them to be the very best in customer support and respond quickly to your needs. They still treat each customer with individual care.

Pros

Ease of use Superior Customer Support Inexpensive as compared to other CMMS

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons. They continue to amaze me.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Thanks John! You've been a great supporter and we appreciate your business. We'll continue to focus on individual care. Stay Safe. Q Ware Team

Mary

December 2021

Please include Event Booking in your new upgrade of QWare

QWare for us is a one stop place for work orders, fixed assets and event bookings (with work order for the event). No other product fulfills our needs as QWare. Please upgrade the whole product (work orders, fixed assets and event bookings) and not just sections of it.

Pros

When we were looking to purchase a software that brought our school together in many areas, work orders, event booking with work orders for the event and fixed asset management QWare ticked all of our boxes. Before QWare we had multiple google calendars for booking events, a work order program that did not allow custom fields and departments using an excel sheet to keep track of their inventory. As you can see QWare has become a one stop for all of the above. Very important for consistency. The ability to create custom fields was a big plus. Event booking which we could see in one single calendar the events booked in different areas and the ability to filter out based on area has been amazing for our school. We rely of this so much and the way we built it was a one stop, book your area and create a work order for the event. This was EXCELLENT for our school.

Cons

We were looking so much forward in upgrading to the new face lift which we were told before covid hit. Now we have been told that the upgrade is only available for work order and fixed assets not event booking. We purchased the product for these three features and now it is a big disappointment that we do not see event booking in this upgrade which is very important for our school. Just so you could get an idea, we are going through an accreditation process and our action research for the IT department is going to be on QWare and how all departments have come together in one product! I have users complaining that the interface is outdated, and the new product with the user friendly interface and ease of use would work for us. Also from what I recall with the update you could built that if one selects an option it takes them to a specific place when you build the custom fields. I am in such a difficult position and we really hope that the upgraded software includes all of the areas which we have purchased, work orders, fixed assets and event booking (especially events)

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

Because is gave us a complete solution: Work orders, Event Booking and Fixed Assets

Reasons for switching to Q Ware CMMS

Could not build custom fields, Event Booking and fixed assets.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Mary, Thank you for the review! We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and we're happy to hear Q has been working well for you. We are working our hardest to get everyone on the newest version with the features they need. Please reach out to us with any questions about the new version or for help with your accreditation. Best, Q Team

Replied December 2021

R Shawn

Industry: Utilities

SRMT Water / WW Utlities

In deciding whether or not to renew based on Operator integration and ease of use, we found another asset management and software company that satisfies our needs and needs/ ease of operators who do not utilize computer software, at a much cheaper price.

Pros

PM scheduling and work orders were easy to find and easy to create new orders that weren't listed.

Cons

Customer service and ability to change the customization. emailed company to remove certain people no longer involved and add new employees.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

it was recommended by other constituents

Rich

The customer service is everything

We chose qware because we needed a system that would send email communications to hold folks accountable. It worked! With QWARE multiple people have access to the same information simultaneously, and then as the info is updated (and projects worked-on) a stream of communications easily inform us all.

Pros

The reporting features are my second favorite feature, because the customer is support is amazing. I am not talking about work around and duct tape. I am talking about getting help and advice on solving complicated workflow for my organization so that that solutions create data streams and analysis tools.

Cons

The con is so minute it's almost not worth mentioning. When I download a report, it includes a totals line in the csv. Ok. No bid deal because I can delete the totals line before I Power Query the report into my analysis.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

It appears QWARE has the same capability for a great entry price point. We've grown our relationship since our original contract. What has stayed the same? QWARE's amazing customer service.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Rich, Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate your business. As always, if there is anything you need going forward or ideas you have to make Q better for you, please don't hesitate to reach out. Stay safe. Q Ware Team

Replied October 2020

QWare does what you need, but just that.

QWare was a necessary implementation for our maintenance department. They needed a way to handle, track, and print off information for our maintenance staff. This software was a good solution for a department that had minimal tracking and offers of support. When our IT Department was integrated, things didn't go as well. Our IT department was used to a "Ticketing" system, and ticketed everything. Users didn't often pre-create tickets, they called and needed help. IT tracked everything, even if the reports were a little more cumbersome to visualize. But QWare being a Work Order system, it encouraged users to create work orders, and then IT would react. It slowed down their processes, reduced their tracking, and ultimately their efficiency. Now we have less data and less information to predict from.

Pros

QWare is a simple solution for work orders, facilities, and calendar management. We primarily use the work order function for IT Departments, and our Maintenance Departments. Our maintenance workers are able to use the software with minimal training, as are our faculty. It works, and does the job it's intended to do.

Cons

As a work order system, I find the software dated. The concept follows a good replacement from a Work Order paper system to an electronic system. It does that just fine. But the interface is only acceptable, and just serves its purposes. It does not go above and beyond, and nothing about the software will wow anyone. It's just adequate.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

It works well for maintenance. SchoolDude, looked even more antiquated.

Reasons for switching to Q Ware CMMS

A switch was made to consolidate solutions with our maintenance department.

Christopher

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Quality CMMS

I am very happy with Q Ware CMMS. It is an easy to use system. You can add user defined categories. It is much quicker and better to track than the pen and paper system we used to use.

Pros

Set up is easy. You work directly with someone, giving them your information and they set it up for you. It is fairly turn key operation. Adjustments can be made after if you need to change something. There is also the ability for user defined options which is easy to learn how to complete and lets you tweak to system to meet your particular needs. Q Ware also has the ability for system inventory per building, a very handy feature to keep everything in one place. Q Ware does not need to, but is capable of being fully electronic and paperless. You have the option to print individual work orders. You can run reports based on various criteria and have the ability to export to an excel or word document or to print a paper copy. Web based, no need for additional storage bogging down your server. Compared to the old pen and paper system we used to use, it gives us much faster control of knowing what needs to be completed and what and where out techs are doing with their workday. No more "lost" work orders because someone threw out the paperwork.

Cons

Web based. Depending on how it's accessed (whether you have direct web access or have have to go through your companies server) there is occasional lag. My issues are mostly internal problems with our server, not with Q Ware so I really don't have any cons.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

Mainly cost, but also features. Q Ware is a single yearly fee while most other CMMS programs are a per user fee, which drives the cost up, especially is a larger company. Q Ware can easily breakdown your business into different divisions and is very easy to learn and navigate.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Chris, Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and if there is anything we can do to make Q better for you, don't hesitate to reach out. Stay Safe. Q Ware Team

Antone

Qware experience

Covid PPE inventory tracking

Pros

This product was easily implemented and we currently use work order, preventative Maint., inventory and assets management. this system has made the day to day operations more efficient and we have found the inventory tracking has been a huge asset in regards to tracking and reordering with the reorder threshold. I was able to allow access to some administrators so they can see the day to day inventory of PPE during the Pandemic

Cons

wish the passwords could intergrade with our tech.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

Boces aid able and ease of use

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hey Antone, We're glad Q is able to help Bath during this time. Hopefully, we get back to something normal for schools soon. We appreciate your business over the years and it's always good to see you on the golf course (maybe next year?). Thanks for the review and stay safe. Q Ware Team

Patrick

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

October 2022

It is a serviceable tool, very few bells and whistles

We are tracking required regulatory inspections as well as FAA related work orders from creation to completion.

Pros

It is a helpful tool for tracking work orders, PM and routine inspections.

Cons

Interface is outdated and could be more intuitive

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

It is what we have been usin and what we are familiar with.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Patrick, Thank you for the honest review. We are currently working on migrating customers over to our new platform which has more of the bells and whistles. We'll be reaching out with information relating to the migration early next year. Best, Q Ware Team

Replied October 2022

Richard

Why I like QWare

I would not switch to any other product. I am sold on using QWare forever

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility to make QWare work for me

Cons

Events lacks some needed features. No other cons

Past experience with Q Ware

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Rich, Thank you for your review. We're working hard to bring you onto our new platform which will provide more flexibility including a renovated Events application. We appreciate your business! Best, Q Ware Team

Replied October 2022

Cyril

Berlin CSD - Electronic Work Order Program

Overall, we have been very pleased with the product and its functionality for the Berlin CSD. The teaching and support staff love the feedback, and I have a much better accountability of my maintenance staff; the jobs they do; and the time it takes to complete those tasks.

Pros

* Welcoming and friendly sales team, easy to work with and very knowledgeable. * Easily installed and adapted to our facilities * Training and use for all school district staff was easy, with very few questions and/or complaints * Have seen a dramatic increase in the number of Work Orders being submitted by staff for items that need to be done or receive attention. * Program provides feedback to the Requestor / Other Administrators which has proven to be very favorable

Cons

* Some changes to programming have to go back through the Company versus being able to make them yourself

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

Much easier to work with, both from a company standpoint and software programming standpoint. And, it was far less expensive than the other seven (7) Building Maintenance Work Order programs that my district reviewed.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Cyril, Thank you for the feedback. We hope you and your district are navigating COVID alright. We appreciate your business over the years and please reach out if there is anything we can do to make Q work better for you. Thanks again and stay safe. Q Ware Team

Industry: Facilities Services

QWare NCIS

Very good.

Pros

It is easy to use. I don't even give end users instructions other than how to change their password. We are a bit of an odd ball of a client. We are a facilities services provider that exclusively serves two K-12, international private schools. Because of the complexity of multiple organizations and multiple campuses, QWare was the only system that seemed able to handle that complexity. We really like the Events module too, which is a big part of our operations. I will also say that customer support is rock solid. They always get back to me right away and most of the time the figure out the issue pretty quickly.

Cons

PMs are a little laborious to set up. We don't really plug in a lot of assets into the system. So, for our needs, we can often skip the whole part about setting up an asset and asset category. I understand the logic of it. It makes sense on paper. We are not an industrial client though. Easier to just put in description, "change battery on UPS in server closet B with an RBC55 battery." Sometimes the event calendar displays incorrect times on the calendar view. I think it may be a browser thing, or needing to clear my cache. The only other thing that sometimes trips me up is how you treat deleted users. They are still in there... sort of. I don't like that I can't use a user name that was previously used by some ex-employee from 5 years ago.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

Only QWare could handle the complexity of our unique business operation.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Andrew, Thank you for the honest feedback and we're glad Q has been able to handle the complexity of your operation. I'll forward the issues you mentioned to support to see what we can do. Thanks again for the feedback and your continued business. Best, Q Ware Team

Replied January 2022

Montessori School of Silicon Valley

the product does what it is supposed to do and the support is very good. QWare provides excellent value for our investment.

Pros

the ability to generate and manage work orders including the ability to schedule reminders and work orders for preventative and repetitive maintenance jobs.

Cons

It is somewhat over weight for our use - would be great if we could easily hide functions that we dont use. Also it would be very helpful if we could attached multiple photos to a work order.

Reasons for choosing Q Ware CMMS

QWare offered the highest value for the lowest cost and provided excellent support when we launched.

Reasons for switching to Q Ware CMMS

excel was fine when we had a single campus but we needed a CMMS as we grew from 1-4 campus locations in less than 6 years.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Michael, Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business over the years. When you have some time, please reach out to our support team. We'll take care of those issues you're experiencing. Thanks again and stay safe. Q Ware Team

Maurice Kevin Lawton

Cairo-Durham

Pros

Easy to use even for people who struggle with using computers

Cons

I am unable to make some changes in the system and must use tech support

Cost and complexity.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Maurice, Thank you for the review! It is possible to hand over some of the system management functions of Q. When you have time, reach out to support and we'll get you trained on those functions. Thanks again and stay safe. Q Ware Team

Tim

Administrative

fair

Pros

Inventory and work order capacity as well as size of the system

Cons

The approval process and assignment process is very time consuming

existing system

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Tim, Thank you for the review. When you have some time, our support team would like to help with the approval process. We may be able to work through some of the issues you're experiencing. We appreciate your business, stay safe. Q Ware Team

Richard

Q ware review

Q ware has solved many problems we were having with receiving and tracking work. We have used the system to show where we spend our time and a paper trail to cover complaints.

Pros

Was easy to train/teach staff to use the system. Tracking of work, system for PM's able to track repeat problem areas.

Cons

Nothing pops out yet. Haven't found anything we dislike.

Response from C&S Companies, Q Ware Group

Hi Richard, Thanks for the review! We're glad Q has helped improve your work tracking. Feel free to reach out to us through support if you think of anything you dislike. We appreciate the feedback. Stay Safe. Q Ware Team

Peter