All Booker Reviews

Marissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2022

I wish there was something better out there.

Tanisha

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Perfect for businesses

PROS

It is user friendly, very detailed and easy to use, accessibility 24 hours, and very much inexpensive. I would recommend that you give it a try today.

CONS

Creating packages and reports could be alot less hassling.. work needed as it relates to credit card processes.

Melissa

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

User Friendly and Reliable

Booker and team were great with helping me get this set up for our specific needs and marketing requirements. The whole process with Booker and the team helps us keep everything in one place. It's definitely a more seamless integration of the things we use the most. Their customer service and training were really terrific, too. We keep learning of more tools to help our practice grow every day!

PROS

This software makes booking appointments easy for customers and staff and helps us keep our practice organized.

CONS

It took a bit of time to get used to the new system, and it's a little bit more detailed to use than our other software. Once we got it tho, it's great!

Reasons for switching to Booker

We wanted a software system that was integrated with email marketing to reduce some of the staff workload and doubling up on back office systems.

Reviewed March 2024

There are better systems out there for cheaper too

The customer services is terrible, the asigned you with a manager and if they are busy you can not get a hold of any one. The are also very rude. It very hard to conect with them when you have an issue. They like to locked you in with a contract. Most of booking systems out there allow you to cancel at any time.

PROS

the have a great couple massage systerm. d

CONS

a lot thing, like getting locked in a contract, event the sytem wasn't working for us we weren't able to dowgrade. They make it really hard for you to not cancel or downgrade.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because customer service is terrible. you will be able to speak with your account manager for any reason.

Sydney

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Very efficient for our salon

Great and we will continue to use it for our salon

PROS

Everything is easily accessible, can have multiple accounts for managers and staff

CONS

Sometimes the system glitches or CC/cash amounts aren’t matching up with the POS system at the end of the work day.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Booker has easier ways to track incomes and add clients credit card info

Tabetha

Reviewed September 2023

So easy my 10 year old brother could use it

PROS

The features make sense, and I've noticed as Booker is updating and adapting it just gets better.

CONS

Although the updates are helping, it's just constant. Some of the updates don't really feel needed (like adding on upgrades during services. I liked the options just popping up. Now I have to do an extra step to add it.)

Maggie

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Excessive down time and Booker does not listen to customers

Lack of responsiveness to customer inquiries and valid concerns with downtime and non-functioning software. Most recently their denial of my subscription cancellation. They do not send a renewal notice or offer a reasonable cancellation window. These are very antiquated, predatory subscription practices.

PROS

Booker originally seemed to have a robust suite of functionality including marketing.

CONS

Booker has such excessive downtime that has cost my small business revenue (inability to book clients!) and poor client experience trying to book online. Because of this, I am switching to another platform and Booker will not let me cancel my subscription. Talk about antiquated, predatory subscription practices!

Needed online booking

Janet

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Get booked!

After using for over a year, I have grown accustomed to this software and probably will stay with it in the foreseeable future!

PROS

After using several booking software, this has been my go-to and preferred booking method for my cosmetic business. Sales tracking and inventory management are easy to monitor. The included POS system is easy to use as well and has been convenient!

CONS

Calendar compatibility is a con, however, I enjoy manually tracking within the software.

joseph

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Pretty rudimentary app

Ive been waiting for 2 weeks to kickstart a marketing, text campaign. .....

PROS

the starting point seems to be settling with each of the modules, campaigns, contacts, sms, scheduling, automation...but the instanve one get into it, its a sticky mess

CONS

crashing features, dated modules, lack of common features, displaying itself as a market automation tool. Silly customer support

Reason for choosing Booker

was suggested by the admin, frint office staff at a sister business

Reasons for switching to Booker

pricing.....What do you dislike about Calendar Management in Booker?(optional)

Julie

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Too many maintenance days per month

I would give it a 5/10 or less for the reasons above, but also it is constantly shutting down for maintenance. The amount of times I would go and book in a Patient, to have the site shut down, made it very difficult to reply only on booker.

PROS

I like that Booker has a very clean look, and it is quite easy to block time and schedule in Patients/clients. You can leave check-in or check-out alerts for an individual. I also like that when you go to book an appointment, if the client has been in previously, their name will pop up.

CONS

If I did wish to book multiple recurrent appointments with a Patient, I couldn't do that with a click of a button, I would have to go to each date and book it separately. If an employee has two rooms they are using for the day, you have to have it on seperate columns... i.e. bill 1 and bill 2, which can get complicated for reporting. There is no charting option with the software.

Capri

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Booking appointments with a few clicks!

Easy to use, easy to book, easy to look at past and future bookings!

PROS

Excellent for booking appointments for guests. Easy to pull up upcoming and past bookings with names and dates.

CONS

This is a wonderful program that hasn't failed us yet. We have our employees using this program with no issues at all.

Layleth

Reviewed June 2018

Fantastic experience, the software is amazing, Its very user friendly

The sofware helped our business in a great way, it has helped us expand our business that are great for small studios.

PROS

the system has amazing features and reports that make running your business very easy because you have inmiate access to your information and database.

CONS

It's a little bit hard to get the reports and see the customers previous payments and visits, but once you get the software it is easy.

Ella

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Frustrated user of six years

I’ve been using this software for six years the features seem promising but the reality of them are not easy to use and implement or take too long for customer service. It is not customizable for a large scale salon and that is not what bothers me the most, it’s when you call Support and they have no solutions except we don’t do that. And I mean repeatedly that is what I get from their Support team.

PROS

All the features they supposedly offer.

CONS

No customer support, terrible training, and my staff does not feel like it’s easy to use. It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more. They seem to be prompt when they’re selling you something to add cost to your service but not when you need help. And their support has no solutions or work around options.

Reason for choosing Booker

I’m considering other products now. At the time Booker was $65 a month and now I pay $350 a month and instead of adding complementary features at that price they’re consistently trying to sell me new features and up my monthly cost.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because I wanted something that offered better online booking and worked in LiveTime and had an app it was six or seven years ago so at the time Salon Iris did not have this

Jill

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Booker is a scam!!!!!

Nothing that I needed support with and is standard expectations were attended to nor problems resolved.

PROS

running payroll reports there is pretty much nothing else.

CONS

It is impossible to get it set up appropriately, after 4 months of phone calls, I still never got the appropriate credit cards to run internally. I was able to set up an acct with their third party processing but could never actually link that to closing appointments. It was a full time job to communicate with customer service and after 4 months this was never rectified. Their rates doubled from when I signed on and are now even with mindbody yet the service and function is not as good. I am open seasonally and so when I signed on I very clearly asked if I would not be charged for the months I am closed and was very clearly told that I would not be charged. When I went to put my account on vacation mode I was told this is not an option.

Reason for choosing Booker

it was less expensive but it was not really.

Reasons for switching to Booker

I was looking for less expensive which they advertised but then wound up being the same with less customer service.

Hi Jill- Thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are sorry to hear that our software and service did not meet your expectations. We wish your business the best, and hope that you were able to find a business management solution that fits your needs as a seasonal business.

Replied November 2019

Amy

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2020

Awful experience

Absolutely terrible. I am So disappointed in MINDBODY for doing this to me!!

PROS

Nothing. What I would have liked most was for it to integrate with systems that I was promised it would integrate with. What I wouldve like was for it to look and work the way they told me it would. I would Have like to be able to easily import and export client, series, as calendar data...this is currently my nightmare and it’s a SCAM that they make you pay for it before seeing how and if it really works for you. That should’ve been my red flag...the contracts and the extremely high start up price.

CONS

What they sell and what they give are two different things. The software is incredibly complicated to use and there are tons more systems that work better and with more ease. I purchased this because I am in A neighborhood that has tons of exercise places that use MINDBODY and Booked was apparently bought by Mndbody but it doesn’t look the same, work the same, and frankly the customer service has been terrible at communicating. If I could actually see this software works then I may change My review, but for now I am angry. This company waists your time and gives you the run around.

Reason for choosing Booker

Apparently for reasons that do not exist. I have Buyers remorse and I am so sad and angry over this.

Reasons for switching to Booker

I never Switched because it became clear early on that MINDBODY has probably screwed me over. Massagebook was great but I wanted the supposed exposure and Instagram integration (which they no longer have!) that massage book just doesn’t have yet.

Efraín

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Booker is not what it use to be

So after 4 years of being loyal Booker customers/users and thousands of dollars paid for their lackluster service, we have decided to jump ship and started looking for a more reliable & less restrictive online booking software. We have had our complaints about Booker since day one because of how it is very restrictive on what our spa system administrators are allowed to do. We have always gotten the usual "oh you can not do that because we want to advice our clients on best business practices." Then we will counter by asking the Booker rep if they realized that the actual management team on site at the spa would know what's best for our day to day operations? Which we they always point us to their make recommendations page or they would claim to submit it to their development team, which neither ever received any follow up. So after many attempts to get them to make their system more intuituve and flexible for our day to day operations, we quite frankly gave up and just dealt with the system. And now we have their system performance take a rapid decline, which started well over a year ago. We even purchased new computer systems and increase our internet speeds in hopes of speeding up the system but nope, that didn't help what so ever. Their customer service has also gone to poop, the reps use to be somewhat knowledgeable on how to use Booker and nice. Now they don't seem to care about your issues and pretty much do not accept any responsibility or accountability on behalf of Booker on how the system performance has gone to poop, right along their customer service. Just last night when I inform a rep that we our fed up with the system performance and the numerous temporary "work arounds", that we have no choice but to start looking for another service. They replied with "sorry to hear that, let us know what we can do to help with the transition." Really!?! That was the cherry on top. Booker has failed to realize that we are their loyal paying customers and their poor performance is being transferred on to our loyal paying customers which we will not accept because we do value our loyal customers. So some words of advice to Booker on best business practices, don't screw your customers.

PROS

Lots of features

CONS

Not intuituve or flexible enough for day to day operations. Too many restrictions on in house system administrators. System performance is not good at all.

Efrain - We're sad to hear you're leaving Booker and have been unhappy with the platform. If you're up for it, we'd love more information on which features you find restrictive and how we can address that feedback. Thank you for using Booker for this time. We appreciate your business. Best, - The Booker Team

Replied May 2017

Stephanie

Reviewed January 2018

New and Improved

Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

PROS

I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool is that you can now see when a client is booking an appointment online that way you are not trying to compete with anyone online trying to book. I hated in the past where I would be booking a client at the desk and right when I went to book, it said that I was not able to. Come to find out when I refreshed the page it was because someone else had booked it online. It truly makes a huge difference with these little improvements that they made.

CONS

One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing up on their account under the appropriate tab therefore some clients have not showed up for their appointment and we can't charge if they can prove they didn't see it online. I try to see if they have duplicate accounts as well but they do not. And lastly, every now and again Booker will give us booking issues while trying to book for any of our services, it will state that the appointment cannot book because no equipment is available however, I know that is not the case. That is frustrating because we have to then just create a block out on the schedule with the client's service along with their information but they don't receive any emails through the system when it is booked that way.

Charles