• Pros

• "We have used Active for our camps programs for many years, and are very pleased with its functionality, reliability, speed and support"

• "I really enjoyed the feedback from parents on how easy and quick it was to book the classes they wanted and log in."

• "Love the ease of use on the parent side and the ease of implementation on the school side."

• Cons

• "- promotions and discounts are very rare - hard to start for the first time client - UI is good but UX have to be better - not multi languages "

• "Our customers had a bit of an issue switching to this system bit once on It all is good. "

• "I wish that the email history on customer pages actually included ALL the emails sent to an individual/family. They are improving but I've found quite a few bugs since using this system. "

Browse ACTIVE Camps Reviews

Jennifer E. from Diocese of the Armenian Church (Eastern)

The ACTIVE network has been such a great help for online registration for our church summer camps.

Pros

The registration reports are easy to run and informative. Registrants receive automated confirmation emails with the required paperwork for them to print, complete and upload right to their family portal. We can send group email reminders with the click of a button.

Cons

We run two summer camp programs in different states, and need to log in and out to go between the programs. I wish we could "toggle" between the two camps.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2018

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it's great to hear that our reports and email reminders have been such timesavers for you! We really appreciate the 5 stars, and hope your summer camps are going well!

Debra from Gottaswing LLC

We use ACTIVE for registration for swing dance classes and ticket pre-purchase for certain events.

Pros

Once you get it set up, it's really easy to create new class sessions. Some functions are ridiculously easy. Using ACTIVE has been a real time-saver in many ways.

Cons

Our package seems to be oriented towards parents enrolling their children. Our classes are attended almost exclusively by adults and there is a lot of push-back about having to supply birthdate. Also, too many clicks in the registration process. Some clients have gotten caught in an automatic enrollment in the ACTIVE discount program, which many have felt was fraudulent.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers, and were always looking for ways to improve our product and user experience. Were so happy to hear Active Class & Camp Manager is making your new class session setup easy. I have shared your feedback with our internal teams and once again, thank you for this valuable feedback.

Megan from Cape Cod Academy

Active is very user friendly. I enjoy setting up new seasons and curtailing the details to my needs

Pros

I love the fact that no matter what type of program I'm setting up, whether it is summer camp or an after-school activity, I can create the registration to fit my needs. Being able to design the registration allows for a streamlined report running process. Active's customer service is attentive and has answered of all my questions and more! Sometimes, I'm given multiple answers and I'm able to pick the one that works best for our programs.

Cons

The Active program could benefit from not always reverting back to the default when running reports.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review Megan, it's great to hear that our customer service team has been so helpful for you. Be sure to follow us on Facebook if you aren't already for even more helpful content like videos and how-to guides: https://www.facebook.com/letstalkcamps/

Sarah from Charles River Aquatics, Inc

Wonderful Software with Expensive Pricing Set Up

Some parts were easy and some parts challenging ,but overall, we have a better deal with the new company and keep more of what we make.

Pros

The functionality allowed for lots of choices specific to our company and how we listed our offerings. We could allocate multiple skill levels to each class and create platforms - with the help of their wonderful support staff - and edit easily on our own. Also, at the time, the system was not compatible with Chrome and had crashed on us a few times when we opened enrollment. Eventually, they would have staff at the ready when we opened enrollment to help if things went south. The system also could not handle the traffic we created and people would be in a virtual line waiting to get their enrollment complete - sometimes losing the spot in the class they wanted while they were waiting.

Cons

The pricing set up was based on our income and not just a monthly charge. The more we made, the more they made. We left because of this. We moved to iClass Pro to get a simple monthly charge and the more we made, the more we made.

Lindsay from Branded Camp Serivces

Camp + Class Manager, my favorite co-worker

I have been with active for over 12 years, I love their customer service, their software, and their dedication to bringing healthy lifestyles to people all over. It's a wonderful company.

Pros

I like that once the initial set up is done, I can update everything myself. I love the ease of being able to change things on the fly, pull reports, and see the data I need.

Cons

I have a hard time when reconciling the finances at the end, but that could be user error as well.

Benjamin from Union Mission/Hope Haven

ACTIVE NETWORK IS GREAT!

We saved probably $2,000 in man hours the first summer we used it. Now that everything is setup we going to save even more money. Also out accountants really like the way the money is handled and it improved out audit scores. Which was really nice!

Pros

Our team liked that the software is designed for camps programs. So many programs are trying to sell you something that was designed to register college students, or volunteers for company out reach days. ACTIVE knows camps and there support people know camps so they are able to really meet our needs as large camping programs.

Cons

The pop up adds have bothered some of our customers. Active was AMAZING to remove the request for camp insurance because it did not work with our program. This was more than I could have hoped for. They have always done what they say they will do. Also the fee is low so I can't complain to much...

Barry from Education

The Best Active

Pros

This software is amazing. Active Camps uses software that is easily integrated into your own product or files. As a business owner, I was able to aimlessly transfer files with ease. Their customer service team merged the files together in an aimless process. They work with you as the customer and make sure everything is done with high precision.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have a major compliant about the product. Everything is done with professionalism, the graphics are awesome on their platform and its easy to use. My parents use the platform to register their child for camp, and I have not received any complaints.

Heidi from Blue Angels Youth Ski & Snowboard Program

Great for Camps!

Active Camp & Class Manager has saved me hundreds of hours each year! Most of my business is run directly through the platform, which keeps everything in one place and is easy to access and manage. It could also help transition the operation to other workers if/when necessary.

Pros

It's easy to use, intuitive and has most necessary features

Cons

I would like to see a few more added features such as mobile app for camp & class manager, portal to manage volunteers and staff and more cross-promotion across the platform with other camps/services.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied April 2019

Thank you for the 5 stars Heidi, it's great to hear that you're finding Camp & Class Manager so easy to use!

Clinton from Boards for Bros

SPoT Loves Active Camps

Secure payments and mobile friendliness sealed the deal.

Pros

Mobile friendliness was a huge feature that we needed for our camp software. Active allowed us to be mobile friendly right out of the box.

Cons

The email section would benefit from a mail to non-openers after a campaign has been sent.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review Clinton, we're happy that our native mobile capabilities could be such a game-changer for you.

Madi from Quinipet Camp & Retreat Center

No problems!

I've had their team reach out to me about using Active for my camp, but we already use a software that we're happy with. Their customer service is great though, and if I were looking for a new software, I'd heavily consider Active Camps!

Pros

I like how easy it is to sign up for an event, and they have a broad range of customers that use the software. When I go to sign up for something and they use Active, my registration is always so quick and easy.

Cons

I really can't think of a con to Active that I've come across.

Kim from Zion Lutheran Preschool

Choosing ACTIVE was one of my BEST decisions as a Camp/Preschool Director.

Pros

This software was extremely easy to navigate through and learn the ins and outs. My roster for preschool and summer camp hovers around 300 families and their registration process was smooth. I am able to do so many things like assign classes/groups, print reports, review waitlists and so much more.

Cons

The ONLY thing I did not like was that families were automatically enrolled in the ACTIVE site which cost a yearly fee that was charged to their credit card and many of them had no idea.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your comments Kim, we're so happy to hear how easy it was to get started with ACTIVE Camps! Thanks again for your review, and for all that you do in getting kids more active!

Charles from Great Big Theatre Company

Active Camps software

Has become indispensable to our operations

Pros

Cons

There is a learning curve; not unexpected given the complexity of the functionality

Mitch from Korn Camp

Support has been great

Pros

Makes my life easier. Easy to use. Eliminates the old paper and check method. Rather versatile. Strong levels of support

Cons

Sometimes cannot adapt to special needs. Registration says sold out when there are still open spots.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2017

Mitch, thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on our camp management solution. Your feedback is integral to our continued development and we are happy Active Camp & Class Manager makes your job a little easier.

Greg from Lehigh University`

The Active Network camps registration system

Great experience. Outstanding customer service.

Pros

Easy to learn how to set up and easy to manage

Cons

It took a couple years to get the financial reports to match the data we needed. The problem was solved and the system now works perfectly.

Warren from Westlake water SPORTS kids camp

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Saves time easy to use

Pros

It has really saved a lot of time and made the organization more efficient. The software is easy to use

Cons

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied September 2017

Thanks you for the review, we are happy to hear that your organization is saving time and becoming more efficient using Active Camp and Class Manager. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and keep a look out for exciting new releases.

Ashley from Sail Sand Point

Effective Solution

Pros

This software is a big step up from our previous camp and class management system. The financial reporting feature is especially helpful because you can customize reports and pull income by GL code for your accountant. The waitlist feature is a lifesaver - no more paper waitlists!

Stephanie from Texas State Education

Great simplicity in the software

A must have from large to small camps, will take the headache of booking away

Pros

I love the simplicity in the program, makes the whole process from parent, marketing, booking and everything a breeze.

Cons

Absolutely amazing software, other than not being free I have no complaints about this software at all.

Mike from Indian Springs Day Camp

Ease of Registration

Simple and practical for customers and administrators. Ease of registration for families and access to great reports for our staff.

Pros

Easy for customers to use. Simple easy access reporting.

Cons

That I did not start using it sooner. I am completely satisfied with the system.

Audrey from Mlp

A lifesaver all around

Great product and service!

Pros

Cons

No cons that I can think of... The price is a little more than I usually pay but it was well worth it in time savings.

John from Arete NorCal

DON'T DO IT!!!

Software and services are good, just like every other company out. The problem is they don't want to send you the registration money. My first remittance payment wasn't sent and I had to bring it to there attention. Active managed to hang on to that money for an additional week, which is bad when they already hold on to your registration money for 2+ weeks. On my third remittance payment, they closed the business day based on UTC, which is 7 hours earlier than where I live. So to make it simple, I have registrations come in on 11/30 and will now receive that money on 12/21 or 12/22. First time I've ever had to file a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer Affairs, but felt it necessary after my situation.

Pros

Does what it says it does. People are nice.

Cons

They'll do whatever they can to hold on to your money for as long as they can. 3 remittance payments in and 2 of them have had issues.

Donna from The Master's University

Great customer service. Prompt, easy to use.

The software is very flexible. We find that it meets and exceeds our needs. It is so nice not to have to handle our own registration. We have no complaints!

Pros

Our camp families find it easy to register their kids for camp! We receive virtually no calls regarding technical issues. Thank you!

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on Active Camp & Class Manager. ACTIVE Network is on a mission to make the world a more active place, so we are happy to hear our solutions help your camp families with an easy registration process.

Randy from University

Very easy for college camps

I run all of our camps through ACTIVE Camps. It gives me all the reports I need to satisfy NCAA and university regulations.

Pros

Its really to set up and run all of my camps through ACTIVE Camps.

Cons

Once you figure out where all the features are, adding additional camps is really easy.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the 5-star review Randy, it's great to hear we've been able to help you with reporting and compliance!

Paula from Tustin Public Schools Foundation

Active Camps

Pros

Once you learn it, it's easy to maneuver around and help customers with their registrations. Transferring in and out of classes is easy. Email is easy.

Cons

The registration process was not as user-friendly as it could be for customers. Many customers put their own names in where their student's (registrant) name should be. That was by far my biggest customer-service issue.

Stephane from Soccer Camps International

Great software for sports camps registrations

mobile friendly, speed, ease to use from customers.

Pros

mobile friendly, speed, security, ease of use for database, easy set up, fast payments, great customer service and support.

Cons

need more flexibility in the system, as it is recent it will happen in the next few months. More options needed with multiple camps.

Lynn from The Chapel School

Helpful but could offer more

Would be helpful if I could form reports needed. Also needs to be more user friendly for clients. We continue to hear that when navigating the registration the directions are not always clear.

Pros

After working with Active Works for three years it has become easy and efficient to use. Finally able to cut back on paperwork.

Cons

Not easy to extrapolate information from client data submitted.

Deborah from Education Center of Rising Sun

Great software for the cost!!! We are a small Education Center - very affordable!

Easy online registration and payments for our camps!

Pros

The ease in being able to have people register online and secure their payments! We are a very small Education Center and were not able to offer online registration and payments prior to ACTIVE. We have been very happy with the online registration! Can't beat the cost!

Cons

A little more training on the software would have been more beneficial. We are learning our way around but felt we were not trained adequately to begin with.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback it is integral to our continued improvement not only in our software but also our implementation process. We have passed this on to our cross functional teams and thank you again.

Melissa from centerstage theatre company

The ease of set up and managing the site is incredible

Pros

The support from Active employees as well as the user friendly software. The initial walk thru and set up with a capable instructor from Active was key to our success.

Cons

I wish the prices were a bit less on the regitraion for each patron. Some of our patrons register for classes 3-4 different times a year.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Melissa, it's wonderful to hear that our team was so helpful in getting you set up for success. We appreciate the 5 stars!

Mahmoud from Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Camp Management Review

My experience was very impressive at first time but some thing like tips and guide have to be mainly in this website to make it easer for the client and not get borred fastly

Pros

- flexible with all kind of user - mobile friendly - multiple payment options

Heather from King's Christian Preschool

Active was so great helping me get set up. It has reduced my paperwork, time spent and my headaches!

Pros

Ease of use in features. Active has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. They answered all my questions quickly and efficiently. They walked me through all I needed to know.

Cons

I would love to have a daily attendance feature. It is so helpful to know how many campers I am going to have each day. It also helps for capacity totals.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2017

Heather, we love hearing how our solution helps save time and effort, so thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. We share these with our product development team and always strive to deliver new and innovative ways to help our customers. Thank you again!

Chris from Winks Volleyball Camp

ACTIVE

Excellent! Made my life easier and camp run smoother.

Pros

The ease in which I could make changes, find information and make decisions.

Cons

Took me awhile to understand the reports feature and make custom reports.

Erika from Youth Science Institute

ACTIVE Camps ROCKS!

Pros

It is very user-friendly. When I took over this organization, I was given no instructions on how anything worked. ACTIVE Camps was easy to self-learn!

Cons

There is no survey feature to send to parents of participants.

Christopher from TEXAS A&M TRACK & FIELD

Solid system for camps; TERRIFIC Customer Support!

Tremendous customer service!

Pros

The ability to manipulate information and use it for our needs is very useful. The site is very easy to navigate.

Cons

There are occasional setting changes that I have to request help for (help which is provided almost immediately!)

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review Christopher, it's great to hear that our team has been so helpful! We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback - Gig 'Em!

ActiveNet's Camp and Class Manager

The greatest benefit of Camp and Class Manager is how our campers' parents and guardians can use their "device of choice" (the cell phone) to register their kids. The second greatest is how the system enables us to create and manage our own registration procedure. We are not computer wizards, and this application has been carefully designed so we can "build it ourselves."

Pros

Our church summer camp found this application very suitable to its needs and those of our campers. Lots of flexibility (but not too much) in the set-up. Very few parents and guardians had difficulty with the procedure. It also has permitted us to create the reports which we and our staff need to keep track of campers' dietary, supervision, and medical requirements.

Cons

I have no difficulties with the software.

Jennifer from Camp Fire Northwest Ohio

Simple, effective and compatible

Pros

I like that it was very easy to set up with very little to no training. I also like that a chat head pops up when you appear to be having problems.

Cons

We some times have issues with parents finding the forms on their end that need to be filled out. A way we figured out to bypass this issues is have the attachment go out with the confirmation email.

helena from young Scholars Charter school of Central PA

Extended day program

Pros

it was easier for my parents to register the child for the program by using the software.

Cons

to find the right phone number to make a phone call for customer service. also, to follow up with help i needed in the past.

Kelly from AbilityFirst

Active Camps

Real time data from registration to forms filled out. Families register earlier in the season

Pros

Customer service and ease of using the product.

Cons

Some limitations with reports and financial reports.

Matt from North Dakota Museum of Art

Parents were asking me for an online registration option and Active has met their needs.

Lots of report options from the administration stand point. Lots of good compliments from the users.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. Active has made announcements about software development options and actually followed through on those developments all the while listening to their clients.

Cons

It's a hard problem to solve, but I'd like to see a way to integrate their software with our membership database that would allow Museum members to have special access to classes and rates that would not require them to remember a pin or code.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review Matt, it's great to hear that you're getting such good feedback from users and parents alike. We look forward to more years of helping you deliver results!

Denise from Lower Macungie Township

Excellent Product

The is a time saver for our staff and a convenience for our registrants! We know that our class revenues will increase due to the ease of signing up for programs on this system.

Pros

We are happy with the ease of use for our registrants, as well as our staff on the back end. The system is very efficient and also allows our instructors to access class lists, etc. saving our staff a lot of valuable time!

Cons

There have been no negative aspects in using this software.

Chris from FOL Sports

Fundraiser Campouts

we use active camps for our multiple fundraising campouts. It has improved our attendance and help with the backend collecting money and place in campers and cabins. I highly recommend the software .

Pros

Keeps users registered Allows for ease of placing campers in cabins Allows for easy collection of funds

Cons

Lacks custom features Lacks event customization Customer service can be difficult to deal with

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the 5-star review, Chris. It's great to hear that ACTIVE Camps has made running your business a little easier while also boosting attendance!

Used for summer arts camps

It was much easier for our customers to use than our previous software. It helped cut down on our in office traffic for sure.

Pros

The customer side of the website was user friendly. It was easy to talk parents through who called in needing assistance.

Cons

Not all of the reports had what we needed. Also, not all reports exported into excel in a clean format.

Good tool for allowing online registration, having reports, but a bit pricey.

Pros

The ability to have online registration for events almost immediately. I've found the reports on financials and sign ups helpful as well. They also try and get extra signups for our events.

Cons

The signup process for attendees isn't the smoothest process in this day and age. It's also pretty expensive to have them process your payments.

ROBERT from Camp DRIVE

Excellent product

Extremely happy that I have switched from paper applications to active network.

Pros

The convenient of having all of my campers information in one place and keeping it organized. I am extremely happy to have started using this system.

Cons

I wish there was an app that worked with active. It would make things that much more convenient.

Ryan from GoKnock

Easy to manage growing database!

Pros

We have a weekend long event twice a year with over 120 guests and 100 volunteers. We use Active Camps each time which makes it possible to pull information and manage our database with ease!

Cons

Exporting to excel makes it a bit confusing. It doesn't pull the right information at times. Not sure if it is user error or not.

Nick from Bowmen Sports

big upgrade

Active brought my company out of the stone ages. I now spend less time generating reports and integrating my systems, and more time on marketing and operations! Plus, its far more accurate than what i was previously doing. My customers enjoy the quicker and easier registration process. I dont know why I put off this decision for so long!

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied February 2016

Nick, thanks for taking the time to review our product. We're humbled by your comments and inspired every day by the work you do in making the world a more ACTIVE place! If there's anything we can do to make registration even easier for your customers or your business more effective, you know how to reach us!

Adina from Hockey2, LLC

Good Software

Active makes our registration and collection process easier than it was with our old system. There are a few things I would change, such as being able to sort the kids or register them or limit registrations by birth year instead of birth date, age or grade, as everything in hockey is done by birth year. Its very easy to set programs up. I also wish we could send emails by "birth year" as that is how all hockey teams are set up.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied February 2016

Adina, thank you so much for taking the time to review our product and for the feedback on desired new features. We'll make sure to evaluate them for our roadmap. Stay tuned and thanks again!

June 2015

S. from Safety Town

June 2015

Easy to Use, Customer Service needs some help

Overall, Active has some really great features and is easy to use. We started working with Thriva before it became Active and the transition was really rough. Our Account Manager and Techs did not do enough research to transition us correctly or effectively. They did not complete our set up until the day before it went live- which was completely ridiculous. Do not work with Hector!!! I had to do all the work and set up by myself the night before and because they could not give us all the options we needed, it caused us a lot of headaches and time fixing what they messed up. Make sure they can give you the options you need before working with them!!!

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied June 2015

Thank you Ms. Zuhn for taking the time to review our solution. Your feedback is paramount to helping us provide the best experience possible to our clients. Per your comments, we have notified senior personnel to address customer service response. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Again, thank you for your patience and taking the time to provide feedback. Your input is vitally important to helping us improve the customer experience.

Keren from St Paul's Sports Summer Camps

Active program has improved our camps

Camp registration accuracy has improved, detailed information is easily accessible.

Pros

The detailed information at my fingertips on reports as well as day to day activity.

Cons

Can be confusing at times. Would have liked more in depth training before starting.

Shirley from Camp Mak-A-Dream

Great customer service

We have been using Camp & Class Manager for our online camp registrations for 3 years. We register 11 camps a year and being able to easily edit the applications is very important to our organization. The reports that I am able to pull from the registration forms is great and easy to use.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied February 2016

Shirley, we're honored to serve Camp Mak-a-Dream and its noble mission. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. Cheers to many more years of a great partnership!

Michael from Branded Camp Services

Active Camp Review

This software help keeps track of all our campers and parents information and easy to access and make reports that were needed for the opening day. It also was a good feature because it allows my main office site to have the same access to information as I so it made the daily operations run without a hitch.

Response from ACTIVE Camps

Replied December 2016

Thank you for your feedback Michael; it's great to hear how your operations have improved with ACTIVE Camps!

Gideon from I.T. Solutions

Very Great Software For Every Camp Management

Pros

This software usability is actually friendly and easy to go. I love the fact that it's a cloud based as well because we could execute and keep track of our records in all the camp meetings we embark on. This software is really great and I will recommend for everyone.