What are Sportsman Web users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Sportsman Web software through verified user reviews

• icon"The interface is easy to understand and use and it doesn't take much time to train new employees to use it."
  • icon"It's pretty user friendly once you dive into the software. Customer support goes above and beyond."
  • icon"I'm amazed how often I hear horror stories from other recreation departments using other software packages. While Sportsman isn't the biggest, they definitely are the best."
  • icon"Not agreeing with some of their picks to begin with and going along with them just because you have the app and they turn out bad LOL."
  • icon"I think it's a conversation we need to have with Sportsman to see if there is something we are unsure about."
  • icon"The till on sportman doesn't close at the same time as our bank software so sometimes its hard to match up transactions."

Browse all Sportsman Web Reviews

• Have you used Sportsman Web and would like to share your experience with others?

Dee

We Love Sportsman!! Sportsman has made our daily operations super efficient

The online registration is great! We have more people enjoying that experience.

Pros

The software has been easy to learn and build my program into it. It is very customer friendly and the online registration is SO MUCH BETTER than what we had before. Very pleased!!

Cons

The one software we were going to use but ended up giving up on it because they could not get our turnstyle to work. I liked the way I would roll over my classes from season to season. Very easy, hit a button and move the classes to the new season (example spring to summer or spring to fall). I also like the color attached to a age group. Preschool had a color, Youth had a color, etc We then matched that color in our brochure to the public linking the activities. Just a little feature I liked in the old program

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

We looked at several of our Recreation Departments and what they were using. Those using PEAK or Sportsman raved about the product!! They were happy to show off the software and share their experiences. After reviewing the software we were sold. Your cash based program was also a win for us.

Reasons for switching to Sportsman Web

Class is very outdated, Civic could not get our turnstile to work and that is how we control our flow of traffic. The cost of Sportsman was so much better and you now have more to offer using a web base. Sportsman is a cash based program which we were looking for.

Response from Peak Software Systems

This review made our day! Thanks so much for sharing, Dee!

Laurie

Sportsman is the best

Pros

What i like best is the customer service. I can call anytime and know that they will listen to my concerns and have them solved very quickly. They truly care about their customers and that makes using the program a no brainer!

Cons

I want to print a monthly calendar and can't

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

Mostly because of the attention of the personnel when we were investigating it. They worked with us so closely and we knew early on that they would be very receptive to our needs. And they have been!

Reasons for switching to Sportsman Web

Sportsman has so many more options and grows with us when we need it to. I like knowing I won't have to change programs as we grow.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks, Laurie. We really appreciate your kind words.

bess

August 2022

no real comment

fine, but it could be better. i dont know other options to compare it to.

Pros

use to the pain of using it, I like the color blue that is offered

Cons

support can be lacking, training is far and few between, the terms are not consistent,

Thad

Good Product

We are satified with Sportsman WEB

Pros

Sportsman is simple and basic to use while accomplishing our needs.

Cons

A few hiccuops in the scheduling module.

Needed interface with our c/c processor GOV PAY

Response from Peak Software Systems

Hey, thanks for sharing your review, Thad! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and your team!

Christopher

May 2022

SportsMan has been a Godsend for our overall operations.

Since switching to SportsMan we finally have a viable, online option for our clients to register for our programs.

Pros

The overall ease of use of SportsMan and SportsMan Web has made our job so much more efficient. The customizable dashboard it top-notch in that it gives you real-time information to our daily operation.

Cons

As of this writing there have been no noticeable downsides to the product.

Reasons for switching to Sportsman Web

CivicRec, after assuring us, could not interface with our existing turnstile.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the great review!

Replied June 2022

Kaisa

March 2022

We've had challenges over the years but that is to be expected. I have always felt comfortable calling and walking through a scenario for ways to do things differently or to learn a new way to do something. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been AMAZING at the brainstorming process too. The follow up from Sportsman after something is enhanced or if they need to research and get back has been stellar recently. Really love getting those calls/e-mails back letting me know something is updated or show me how to work through something.

Pros

The "small town" feel when you call in for support. I share this with many different people, really important to me to have similar people helping out and it's great if they happen to know you too. Sportsman has this and I hope it continues! The last couple years Sportsman has been taking HUGE leaps and advances. I like where it's going and the webinars are SUPER GREAT, keep it up!

Cons

Struggling a bit with special event permit management on our end and the potential integration between Police and us. I think it's a conversation we need to have with Sportsman to see if there is something we are unsure about. I know our Special Events Coordinator has been having challenges with that. Coupon (discount) options aren't offered online and aren't "smart" enough to only be applicable to certain things with a date range or expiration. Would love to see that expanded. Example: We have Admit One coupons to our Rec Center we would love to give out to people so they can bring a friend BUT then it really requires the person to come in to be able to apply the discount. We are trying to get people to register online as much as possible so this puts us in a weird spot.

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

We knew of other agencies in Utah that used the program. Our boss at the time was from Utah and that connection led us to make this decision as well as the features, etc.

Reasons for switching to Sportsman Web

Both were pretty bad and really limiting. Needed to expand to all of the new offerings and services we were offering.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review, Kaisa. We appreciate it and we will be in touch so we can help you out with the things you're struggling with!

Alisha

Sportsman

Pros

I like the ease of use of Sportsman and the wonderful customer service attached.

Cons

The SQL user interface is a little dated. We plan to move to use the web-based version soon, which has a much more updated feel to it.

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

The price was right for us at the time.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review Alisha! You're right, the desktop version can feel a bit out-of-date and first glance. We'd love to walk you through Sportsman Web sometime. You can call, send an email or contact us through the website.

50 50 simplicity

Overall it isnt bad. Its hard to get customer service help when you call. I dont think it is worth the price but it gets the job done

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a new program and hide old ones so that the management side doesn't look cluttered

Cons

Response from Peak Software Systems

We appreciate the review! Have you looked into Sportsman Web yet?

Leslie

Great Program

It has been great. The support received from the company is exceptional compared to other programs/systems we have used.

Pros

The ease of use for our customers to register for our programs or rent fields is great.

Cons

Some of the set up took a little while for us to get used to how to process. However, customer service is great and extremely responsive when we have questions.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thank you, Leslie! It's great to hear that your patrons are benefiting from your efforts. We hope you'll keep those questions coming our way!

ANdres

Sportsman Review

Pros

It is very easy to use. We specifically like the convenience of all the reporting options that it offers.

Cons

We are very happy with sportsman. There are no cons.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, Andres!

Chuck

March 2022

Customer service is why Sportsman is the best

We are still experimenting with Sportsman Web (we're diehard Sportsman SQL/Cloud users). BUT we're starting to use Web on mobile devices, for check-ins, remote registration & payments which is VERY convenient. I also love the polished look. Great job!

Pros

Truly one of the best aspects with Sportsman / Peak Software Systems is the top notch customer service. Anytime we're in a bind, have a question, or are looking for increased capabilities, the tech team is always there to help. In addition to the customer service, I appreciate that Sportsman is always looking to improve their software - and make sure the rollout is smooth and glitch-free. I'm amazed how often I hear horror stories from other recreation departments using other software packages. While Sportsman isn't the biggest, they definitely are the best!

Cons

No cons. I truly feel this is one of the best recreation software packages out there.

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

We've been faithful users of Sportsman for over 15 years. We've been extraordinarily pleased with the product and are always happy to recommend it to others.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Hey Chuck, thanks for the great review!

Craig

Nephi Recreation

It’s been great. Customer service is awesome they have helped train us when we have trouble. I have zero complaints.

Pros

I like that it is constantly improving.

Cons

Before we had the web based I didn’t like that we couldn’t do two things at once. Now I don’t have that issue.

Price

Cost.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks Craig!

Brett

The most economical and flexible Recreation Software

We have had nothing but a positive experience with our Sportsman software!

Pros

As a small agency, having the flexibility to choose what modules we will need and use has been huge! We have saved thousands over the years versus a one size fits all software package. The software and service from Peak Software has been rock solid over the 22 years we have been using their product!

Cons

We struggled entering new customers and losing the information while signing them up. I sent a suggestion to Peak Software asking for a fix and they implemented my suggestion. Problem solved!

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

The ability to purchase the modules that we would use was critical. We didn't want to pay for bells and whistles that didn't apply to our agency.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the great review, Brett. Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Cindy

June 2022

Sportsman is User Friendly

I think we were one of your first customers back when you first started selling Sportsman to cities. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was here for a couple days to train me, I do call [SENSITIVE CONTENT] every once and awhile for help and he is alway very helpful. Your whole staff is always

Pros

I feel that Sportsman is very easy to use, but then again I think the City of Independence was one of the first Cities in the Cuyahoga County area to get Sportsman.

Cons

Being able to delete a credit, not being able to delete a program or person.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review, Cindy! We are so grateful for the awesome 21 YEAR relationship we've had with your team. Our clients really are the BEST! Sportsman wouldn't be what it is without the years of helpful feedback and suggestions from our clients. Thank you!

Susan

July 2022

Software is easy to use and the support team is exemplary

We have one place for all membership, activities, facility reservations, fees, and special events. It has been an amazing help during the last 2 1/2 years of shifting needs and new practices. The development team was able to add so many new features for all new needs that were never needed before the pandemic.

Pros

The Web version is very intuitive and easy to use. The selections for defining all of our needs are clear, large, and easy to chose. The very best thing about Sportsman is their support and development team.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like.

Response from Peak Software Systems

I love reading this! Thank you for the kind review, Susan! I may be biased, but I think support and development teams here are pretty amazing as well.

Ryan

April 2022

Good solution with very few improvements

I have enjoyed my time with Sportsman. It has potential to be a great software for small recreation departments. However, our community is growing and so too is the expectations of our clientele. Mobile friendly users demand to have the ability to register online as they are on the go parents. Sportsman web is lacking many features that the desktop version has. The software has tremendous value for the money, but I think changes need to be made to improve and keep up with the times.

Pros

We have been using Sportsman for roughly 20 years (legacy in the early 2000's, then SQL until present). We were one of the first users in Massachusetts and Sportsman quickly became the go to application for P & R towns in Massachusetts. Over the years, Sportsman has made minor improvements, but in my opinion has not kept up with the industry.

Cons

Many of the features in Sportsman, are the same as they were in 2004. Getting improvements done seems to be a major undertaking. Developers are not working hand and hand with the end users, instead relying on an overworked staff to implement change. Facility management tool is poor. It lacks flexibility to change reservations without deleting and restarting. The look and feel to Sportsman is very basic. Server vs. cloud is still not ideal.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review, Ryan. It is important to us that we continue to meet our customer's needs. Have you had a chance to see our new Sportsman Web App? We have made several improvements and I think we have a solution for your concerns. Feel free to reach out anytime for a quick demo.

Haelee

April 2022

Opinions of our Staff

I have been with the company since June 2021 and LOVE using Sportsman as I use it daily and able to help customers and staff with it right at my fingertips.

Pros

I like the organization of the program and how user friendly activityreg is set up.

Cons

The manual force configuration update is something I wish just automatically happened.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the great review, Haelee. Have you looked into moving to the Cloud? This would make all updates live and automatic. I will have one of our support team members get in contact with you and give you some more information.

Bob

Recreation Management Software

Really enjoyed the web based option thus far!

Pros

Sportsman offers the most bang for your buck! Low cost - high output.

Cons

Does not offer the most customer friendly portal for online registration, user accounts and no app available.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Hey Bob, we appreciate the review, and the honesty! We are always working to improve the experience from both your, and the customers' side. I think you'll be please with some of the updates coming out this year.

Vicky

March 2022

Sportsman more than meets our needs

No problems. If we do have an issue we just call and they help us with it.

Pros

Our customers like the option of booking online and not having to come in to our office.

Cons

Adding additional people still seem to have some confused and they call. It would be nice to have an easier way of adding people to their group when reserving activities

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks, Vicky. We'll keep up the good work.

Replied March 2022

Great platform to manage recreation facilities and programs

We manage a City fitness center and pool as well as a senior center with Sportsman SQL. We also use it for reservation of fields, and facilities. It works pretty well for maintaining client data and membership as well as allowing for online registration for activities and sports.

Pros

SportMan SQL is inexpensive compared to similar products and is very capable in of managing client memberships, activity registrations and cashiering. The interface is easy to understand and use and it doesn't take much time to train new employees to use it.

Cons

The activity registration website does not allow us to link directly to a facility or activity in order for users to register but we have to start them at the beginning and have the user find their way to the activity etc.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the great review!

Jr

June 2022

Gate City Review

Working with Sportman and the Sportman staff is Golden. The software is spot on and the staff is always helpful.

Pros

The reports are on spot the staff is always helpful when I run into a problem.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. The system is the real deal.

Response from Peak Software Systems

JR! Thanks so much for the review! We are grateful to count you among our awesome clients!

Casey

Great Program for Parks and Recreation

Sportsman Web is a great addition to the service we have used for many years.

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity for staff.

Cons

Just minor things. Making things clickable to open up, fluidity while scrolling.

Reasons for choosing Sportsman Web

Have had Sportsman since 2001, so incorporating sportsman web was easy.

Response from Peak Software Systems

Casey, thank you for this great review!

Kevin

Review for You!

Only been using it for a few months

Pros

That it is a web based platform and is accessible outside of the workplace

Cons

League scheduling - too basic and not easy to customized

To replace SQL

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review Kevin. If you would like, we'd be happy to go over the League scheduling with you, maybe we offer some suggestions to simplify it.

Love it!!

Pros

The product is super easy ~ we use many of the features daily

Cons

nothing to report ~ anytime we have an issue, tech support is on it and usually adds features to fix the challenge!

Response from Peak Software Systems

Jennifer, thanks so much for the great review!

Lauren

New To Sportsman

Overall using Sportsman has been an easy and hassle free. Simply taking the time to play around in the system and learn the functions is enough to make it functional quickly. There are some bells and whistles available, and it seems like more are in the works to make operating a recreation business even easier!

Pros

The online platform for public users is so easy and makes the registration process very smooth for the customer.

Cons

There are some features that are still not available in the web version, but I'm sure over time that will be resolved. Overall the discount functionality is a bit confusing to learn. Also, I wish there was a function that would allow us to have an approved registrant list so we can allow people to register online for a program that they need to approve to participate in (i.e. pass a certain level, only offered to specific groups, etc.)

Response from Peak Software Systems

Thanks for the review, Lauren!

Sportsman Web