Browse ACTIVE Educate Reviews

Rebecca from play:groundNYC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Active Educate transformed our summer camp experience

We used Activate Educate for our summer camp enrollments and are so glad we did.

Pros

The Activate Educate software was so user-friendly, I was able to add sessions to our summer camp enrollment with ease, check on the status of campers, and have the registration fee transferred to our account automatically.

Cons

Nothing! It was well designed and user friendly.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review Rebecca, awesome to hear that your summer camp registration has been going smoothly!

Lynn from Summer at St. John’s

Review for ACTIVE Camp and Class manager

My overall experience has been very strong. I have had very few problems throughout the seven years that I have worked with ACTIVE Network. The few problems that have occurred were solved quickly. I most definitely recommend ACTIVE systems for camp registration and management.

Pros

ACTIVE software is very easy to use, the platform is very user friendly and the customer interface is clean.

Cons

ACTIVE pricing is quite expensive. The per - registration pricing is significantly higher than the per season pricing models offered by camp registration system competitors.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you, Lynn, for taking the time to give us a review. It's great to hear that our support team was able to resolve your issues quickly!

Darlenne from Spca for the Monterey County

Active Review

When it comes to reaching out, active is the way to go. Easy to maneuver and afficient when communicating to participates.

Pros

We enjoy the ability to email our contacts all from one site - their email features come in handy when trying to view who is opening and clicking the links.

Cons

Their Virtual IT department is lacking. We had issues in the past that they could not solve. Communicating with them was a hassle and unaffective.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Darlenne, we will be sure to pass your comments to our customer support team for consideration.

Cyndy from Oak Hill School Summer Program

Au

Pros

I like I can compare year to year easily, I can set up new seasons and session, make changes and copy old ones with ease.

Cons

The add-on for Active insurance and other things. Its upset many of my parents and they are under the impression that I added it onto the order unfairly. I don't like when I call customer service and I have to repeat myself about 4 times as to who I am and where I'm from. Im upset that attendance has been down and I receive emails to use it.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback Cyndy, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our customer service team for consideration.

Charles from Great Big Theatre Company

ACTIVE educate

Very positive

Pros

We have used Active software for many years and are very pleased with the performance, functionality, support and ease of use

Cons

It is complex and there is a learning curve. There are at times unexplained and / or unexplainable glitches at the user end, an effect I think of the size and complexity of the software and the general unpredictability of web-based performance

Lindsay from Branded Camp Services

Camp + Class manager is my right hand man, or woman.

Pros

I like that I can set it up myself. I have had such a great time being able to set it up and make changes on my own.

Cons

I dislike the financial reconciliation at the end of the year, but honestly it's probably user error.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you Lindsay for taking time out of your day to give us feedback, we appreciate the 5 stars!

Lauren from Camp Fowler

Summer camp registration

The product has allowed us to go from paper registrations to an automated registration platform.

Pros

Ability to run reports about campers and see trends.

Cons

Unable to use multiple coupons on a camper registration for discounts.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Lauren - we'll be sure to pass on your comments about discounts to our product team.

Brett from Boylan Catholic High School Basketball

Review of Active Network

Active gave me the ability to keep everything organized under one page. This organization took away many headaches in the past when constructing our summer basketball camps.

Pros

The ease with which I can use the product as well as my customers. No complaints from anyone in year 1!

Cons

There was nothing to be honest. I was able to set up our page how I wanted to which helped in the end.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you Brett for taking the time to give us a review, it's great to hear you haven't had any problems!

Malcolm from RISE Fitness & Performance

My overall experience has been a good one. From first contact, to setup, to first registration. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an easy to use program for their registrations and management process.

Pros

The product is so easy to use. It has all of the features you could possibly want and it is so simple. And if you have a question the support is awesome and they can show you how to do things live by allowing you to watch a feed of their own computer screens. It’s fantastic.

Cons

There’s not much I didn’t like. The only thing I could say is that maybe some sort of Instant Deposit feature would be great. In a world where things happen so fast now, it’s just kind of tough sometimes when you have to wait to get paid out from your registrations on a bi-weekly paycycle. But again, that’s just trying to find something to say because mostly the product is great!

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review, Malcolm, we're incredibly flattered! We especially love hearing that it's been a smooth process from first contact to your first registration.

Shannon from Daybreak Point Bible Camp

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easy and User Friendly

Our numbers have increased and our customers like using the product.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and well laid out which increases its functionality.

Cons

Some features we would like are not available.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you, Shannon, for your review. It's great to hear that your numbers have increased!

Melissa from centerstage theatre company

Industry: Performing Arts

Ease of ACTIVE Educate

The custimer support is amazing and the trainings were so helpful !

Pros

How easy it was to set up our online website for online class purchases.

Cons

Nothing...it really is a fabulous sytem for our theatre company.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

We really appreciate the 5-star review, Melissa, thank you so much! We're so happy to hear that setup was a breeze.

helena from young scholars of charter school of central PA

Extended Day program

Pros

easy to register for after school clubs for our school

Cons

parent complain often that they were offered to get the membership. however our parents just use this program to register their child for the afterschool program.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you so much for your review Helena, we appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback!

Erika from Youth Science Institute

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

ACTIVE Educate is great!

Pros

Very user-friendly and simple to use! Definitely recommend.

Cons

Cost is a bit high and tier-based. The more you pay, the more customer service you get it seems.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review, Erika, it's great to hear that you've had such an easy time learning and using the system!

Laura from Kids of the Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Vital Tool for Managing Information

Pros

It is very helpful is keeping our students information together in one place, and protected/secure.

Cons

I think it could be visually more appealing and sleek.

Response from ACTIVE Network

Replied October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, Laura!