What are ChildWatch users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ChildWatch software through verified user reviews

• icon"Childwatch has been a life saver when it comes to being user friendly for staff, families and myself."
  • icon"The A/R features were somewhat useful. Sign in seems well thought out though biometrics not supported."
  • icon"The software is very easy to learn, use and train others to use. There are a lot of features for cost which is a great bonus when you are on a tight budget."
  • icon"Unfortunately right now childwatch is in the works of providing that. Once its up and running there is no comparison."
  • icon"I think the biggest problem that we encountered was on the check in/out interface with parents having issues. Some of these were most likely user errors and some wifi capability issues."

Browse all ChildWatch Reviews

• Have you used ChildWatch and would like to share your experience with others?

Theresa

Amazing Product for a Childcare Facility!

Fantastic!

Pros

Childwatch has been a life saver when it comes to being user friendly for staff, families and myself. My administrator staff really loves the amount of data we can provide on childwatch to give us the reports we need, as far as tracking attendance and their billing aspect on the software. The attendance feature makes sure that we are accounting for the children in our facility and billing where is needed. It also allows us to know where our children vs staff ratio needs to be for the day. Our billing feature lets us set up everything per family house hold instead of individual clients which is very time saving for our families. Also I personally love the amount of information I can submit about my staff. Anytime I have had a question and I reach out to Childwatchs support time I receive a response the day of, so no day delay is amazing!

Cons

As a child care facility we need a fully function software that utilizes CACFP functions. Unfortunately right now childwatch is in the works of providing that. Once its up and running there is no comparison!

Response from Remarkable Systems

Thank you for your kind words. We are please to hear our software solution is working well for your business and staff. As of March 2020, the remainder of our extensive CACFP functionality will be updated to reflect the new meal patterns.

Replied January 2020

Luke

Childwatch review

Again there is not a perfect software out there. Childwatch is a great value for the money and is especially great for smaller programs. Each time we had an issue it was very quickly resolved with support from the childwatch team. I have nothing but nice things to say about the software and the team of people working there.

Pros

Cons

There is not a perfect software out there but for the cost Childwatch is a really great option. I think the biggest problem that we encountered was on the check in/out interface with parents having issues. Some of these were most likely user errors and some wifi capability issues.

Reasons for choosing ChildWatch

We chose childwatch because it met the needs and the budget we had at the time.

Tom

Basic software, terrible support, no help, canceled

Very poor, not intuitive and wasted my time. I canceled it and they seem not to care at all. Not recommended. Limited program, thought it would be sufficient but it was poorly written and not supported. Avoid.

Pros

Cons

Support and training sucked. Paid phone support only. Had to submit written questions and wait for answers on a limited schedule. If the program crashed you were out of luck. No searchable help. Online training minimal. We had live training sessions with people who did not know the program. Program is rather simplistic yet not clear at all and I am very experienced using software, writing software, etc. Inexpensive but still not worth it. Also no connection to Quickbooks Cloud.

Reasons for choosing ChildWatch

Seemed to be good enough though minimalist and less costly. Not even worth it.

Response from Remarkable Systems

Thank you for providing your feedback. Sometimes reviews are constructive and provide valuable information for future buyers to make an informed decision. Other times, they are so negative one might question their accuracy & motive.... That said, we are truly sorry that your experience with our services didn't match your expectations. As you can see on other reviews, we are known for providing excellent customer service and taking ownership. We do care deeply about our customers' success with our services. We always aim to deliver a great experience and are gutted when our efforts fail. Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Replied October 2019

Stephanie

The Childwatch system is a good software to use if you have a business in the childcare industry.

Pros

I liked the ability to use different programs and or rooms for the different ages. I like the ability to add photos for the kids and parents. I especially liked the calendar and parent portal.

Cons

My business is a drop in childcare so we had to manipulate the system quite a bit in order to accommodate hourly billing with the many different specials and programs we run here at the drop in child care center. We knew that from the beginning and tech support was very helpful in showing us how to do the things we needed to do in order to make it work for our center.

Carmen

ALL DAYCARE PROVIDERS SHOULD BE USING THIS SYSTEM! We are able to manage our day-to-day operations

Pros

Our parents & employees were able to easily clock-in/out on any device and had access to the information, features specific to their role. We were able to easily record transitions, milestones, daily sheets, meal counts and so much more.

Cons

Nothing... Our Parents and staff can access everything in their portal from any device at any time. It made keeping up with attendance, ratios and the knowledge of knowing that was present in the center at all times.

Patricia

September 2015

Excellent product!

We have been associated with ChildWatch since we became CACFP sponsors--almost 5 years. Our state process can be very cumbersome and the need for reliable documentation is vital. Since I am the person who is responsible for all data, having a way to meet the reporting requirements that is correct and non-disputable is personally important as well as organizationally vital. ChildWatch has provided that consistency and given us the confidence in knowing we can provide "proof" and adherence to policies and procedures of CACFP with our documentation. As with anything, there have been challenges, but they have been addressed quickly and where necessary, changes made. I don't see how anyone can administer the CACFP program without having ChildWatch as their software support. Best decision our company President ever made!

Nicole

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great way to stay connected with parents!

Pros

I love this app allows me to keep track of diaper changes, meals served, and photos of children sent to parents daily.

Cons

So far I like everything about the software and haven’t run into any kinks.

Carla

July 2011

Remarkable!

Other software that you would purchase (in-store) could become out-dated before you learned how to use it. But with Child Watch, you get updated forms & information as needed and do not have to worry about purchasing a newer version; as CACFP rules change, so does Child Watch. The way in which our Agency sponsors CACFP Home Daycare Providers & our own Head Start Centers has changed completely since we have gone with Child Watch; we save a great deal of time & money. Child Watch keeps us competitive.

Pros

Remarkable Product - user friendly Remarkable training- as if they are there with you. Remarkable Service - ready to listen & assist Remarkable Support -always there for you

Cons

Honestly, none!

Sandra

September 2011

Childwatch review

Would definitly recommand this program to other centers and have already.

Pros

The program was very easy to use and get around. The tutorials are a great help. Turn around time for help is fast. Great way to keep track of shot records updates.

Cons

Meal count form should be the same as the actual paper form that is reviewed by the state. That way when they come in to review you can show them your counts on paper on the state approved form.

Katie

May 2016

Always changes to meet MY needs!

Our center is unique and we love all the different features that can be easily tailored to our needs. One of reasons we love Childwatch so much is their ability to add/change features to meet our needs. We simply email a suggestion and it's done within a day! Some suggestions are more complex but Childwatch lets you know every step of the way as they are working on it. Talk about a company that serves a growing and changing business!

Jacqueline

August 2015

Outstanding customer service, excellent product

I am a long term Childwatch client and highly recommend this product. My center is part of a larger institution and the program compliments our standalone software capabilities. I find the interface extremely user friendly and logical. I am able to pull reports that display exactly what I need for my customers and for internal program needs. The monthly subscription cost is reasonable and the service has many features that I am not currently able to use, but you should! I can't speak highly enough of the customer service. I have never waiting more than a few hours for a response to any question, problem, or frustration I've experienced. The support team takes customer input very seriously and I've even seen system changes in direct response to the feedback I've given. Remarkable indeed.

Lucy

Great Customer Support!

Highly recommend the program for small companies!

Pros

I implemented this program a year ago and am still learning some of the features. The customer support has been phenomenal-answering my smallest questions and treating me with with respect. They have a very quick turn around time for questions.

Cons

I would like to be able to "cafeteria" style choose what I need to have on my account. There may be a way to do that already, but that would require me deleting categories. I'd prefer to add on as needed.

Tom

September 2013

Childcare Center Organization

Before we got ChildWatch we were languishing in paperwork. The Director was having trouble with mounting files and our federal nutrition program was taking much too much time in record-keeping I am truly thankful that we now have real time and historical data at our fingertips and the money it has saved us over the past few years is incalculable

Bryan

Remarkable is Remarkable!

I would highly recommend this product to any child care. Once it is set up and running it is very easy to maintain and use.

Pros

flexibility available from any PC multiple reports easy to customize

Cons

I have not found any con's I like it!

Randa

September 2016

Randa Mitchell Account Tech Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe

Took some getting used to but in the end realized it was a very accurate system and if I could have had more use it was wonderful.

Patrell

Child Watch System

We have recommended to others who are also using the program.

Pros

Meets our needs... Very user friendly...

Cons

We have no issues with the system...

Tori

September 2015

Even with the new system I feel like I can find anything.

ChildWatch support is amazing...thank you for you prompt service.

ChildWatch