What are Planning Center users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Planning Center software through verified user reviews

1,048 Reviews

• icon"We have been blown away with all the functions available even on the free plan. It's so well-made, very easy to use and the customer service is very responsive and friendly."
  • icon"Planning center is such great tool to inform and prepare volunteers in advance so that they can perform to the best of their ability."
  • icon"I love that Planning Center has the ability to keep large groups of people/staffs on task and well aware of what is going on. I also love all the customizations you can add to it."
  • icon"It's a little awkward to block out multiple days in the calendar that aren't consecutive."
  • icon"As a user i several times had problems with logging in, as system did not recognize i was registered by admin twice, with the same email. So it is running 2 profiles with the very same attributes."
  • icon"I often struggle to find what I'm looking for. It's difficult to navigate and can be frustrating at times."

Browse all Planning Center Reviews

• Have you used Planning Center and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,048 reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Must have for Church Administration and Planning

The standard for church management software

Having used almost every Planning Center product, there is nothing else that I would recommend. Our entire team uses it weekly for worship, planning, check-ins, de-briefing through reports, congregant database, volunteer team emails, and so much more. Planning Center does a fantastic job and only keeps improving.

Pros

The ease of use is its best feature. Ease in adding people, features, reports, etc. is unmatched in the industry. Also, Planning Center has a modern look and feel that many of its competitors lack. The worship software with the SongSelect integration, planning tools, database, key management, ability to add various media, etc. it is a must-have product for any church that values communication, strategic planning, and excellence. Every Planning Center Product that I have and continue to use remains the standard for church management software.

Cons

Running reports in "People" is cumbersome and time-consuming to get to the exact information you are looking for. It takes a thorough amount of trial and error to extrapolate the intended data by getting the variables just right.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

The wide-span options of use in Planning Center made it a clear winner. The overall look, feel, and functionality was an added bonus.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

The ease of use and enhanced options of Planning Center made it a no brainer. The modern look, feel, and functionality was a welcome change, as well.

Response from Planning Center

Hey Chris, thanks for the review! If you're willing, we'd love to see if we can help make pulling reports simpler for you. Shoot some details to support@planningcenteronline.com and we'll take a look!

Replied March 2021

August 2022

Planning center best tool for managing charismatic groups and churches

Planning center allowed me to better know all the members of the organization to which I belong and to know how to enlist them in the work for a common good.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is its ability to manage religious groups.

Cons

What I liked least is that it is not easily usable by new religious organizations.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

This software allowed me to organize the work in the religious groups and to better follow the groups.

Response from Planning Center

Hi there! Thank you for your review. You mentioned having a bit of trouble getting started as a new org. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in tis area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your page. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help. Thank you!

Karen

Part of it Works for Us

At this point, it is used in a minimal way, to lay out our order of service and schedule 2 ministry teams out of the 10+ teams that serve at each of our services.

Pros

Makes scheduling and organizing our order of service very simple for the administration team. When an item such as teaching changes from 30 minutes to 40 minutes, the modifications are easy to implement without having to recalculate the time of day from one item to the next. When that same item is moved someplace else in the order of service it's a simple drag and drop and all times for the service are automaticallly adjusted.

Cons

Not a great tool for our volunteers. The scheduling module is a little difficult to train volunteers to use. They all give it a shot but most revert to using excel spreadsheets. Report templates, unless you are an html programmer, aren't flexible enough to give me the layout I am looking for. We tried to use it to check in our children but the unreliability of connecting and printing name tags caused huge delays, aggravated our parents and frustrated the volunteers. I am advised they have resolved that problem, however, due to their prior experience our children's church isn't willing to give it another chance.

Response from Planning Center

Hi Karen, Thanks for the review! Our support team is able to help you with some parts of coding those reports if you'd like to reach out to them for help, and give them an example of how you would like your report to look. They would also be able to give you some tips for making scheduling volunteers easier in Services. Sorry to hear that hardware issues were keeping your Children's Ministry from using Check-Ins efficiently. If they're willing to give it a second chance in the future, we'll be glad to help troubleshoot those problems up front.

Replied December 2018

Ashton

June 2022

Great All in One Church Database System!

Pros

I love how we are able to use Planning Center for everything from groups to database management to planning services, etc. Also, each hub communicates with each other so information transfer across the different aspects of it.

Cons

I do wish that we could customize the look of the public view of the groups or events.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

Planning Center was able to do much more of what we wanted to do. FellowshipOne was a pain to use and get other people to use.

Response from Planning Center

Hey Ashton! Thanks for your kind words. There are ways you can customize the public side of Groups and Events. When you are logged into Planning Center, hit the '?' icon in the upper-right. Use that page to open a ticket with our Support Team and we can guide you through this. We look forward to chatting with you!

Replied June 2022

William Hernando

Para Servicios con excelencia

Quedamos muy satisfechos usando Planning Center. Como músico líder y co-pastor es muy importante ese nivel de flexibilidad y control sobre información clave de la congregación

Pros

Me gustó la integración de los servicios. El Conocimiento que tienen de las necesidades de una Iglesia.

Cons

Viviendo en Colombia el cambio a dólares hacen que el precio oscile bastante. El servicio no es costoso pero para una congregación no muy grande que quiere escalar en opciones, puede ser no tan accesible.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Por el nivel de integración de características y las Apps

Response from Planning Center

We appreciate your feedback, William! Hearing how we can make our products more efficient and affordable is always important to us! Thank you!

Steven

September 2022

Amazing software to make sure we know exactly what is going to happen on the weekend.

Overall, I have gone to the "Songs" section many times and searched for specific songs in the database and was able to get the chord charts, listen to the mp3, or see the song in a variety of keys. On the specific days that I am scheduled you also get to see the breakdown of what is going to happen from start to finish with a breakdown of time and how long things should last. There are also uploads such as a stage layout that can be added, so everyone knows where to stand. The database of contacts is great as well!

Pros

I am a volunteer at my church that uses Planning Center. I get an email and app notification when I am scheduled to play guitar for my church. I then have the option to "accept" or "decline" the request. You can also add "blockout dates" ahead of time so you cannot even be scheduled for specific dates that you know don't work for your schedule.

Cons

Nothing. I don't like how I can't see every weekend plan and only the ones I am scheduled on. However, that is not a software issue but a limitation by the church allowing what users like myself have access to. So, overall, this software is amazing and doesn't lack anything that you would want.

Stephanie

Worship Made Easy

Pros

I have been leading worship at my church for more than 7 years, and we have always used this software. The ease of scheduling, blacking out dates, and looking up songs (chord charts/pdfs/and links) is wonderful I always recommend using this software.

Cons

This software is great and I have nothing bad top review at this time

Lois

Very helpful

Pros

It plans our weekly worship and service and lets all involved know what is going on. We can communicate with team members quickly and easily. I also like that the price is on a sliding scale depending on the number of people involved.

Cons

It would be nice to have specific pages for different ministries.

Response from Planning Center

Hi Lois, Thank you for your kind words. You mentioned that you would like to see pages for different ministries. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in that area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help. Thank you!

Francois

Industry: Biotechnology

August 2022

Exceptional product and great functionality

Exceptional. Never had any issues whatsoever!

Pros

It is truly a great product to use and bridges the gap in the market for products that can do all in one~

Cons

The cost is a bit high and for non-profit organizations like churches, it plays a big part in being able to use the software.

Response from Planning Center

Hi Francois! Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned cost concerns. Our Support Team can help shed light on this. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help! Thank you!

Richard

Industry: Food Production

Enjoying Planning Center

Pros

I enjoy using this software, it makes communicating with team members very easy.

Cons

I cannot think of any improvements at this time.

March 2022

Planning Center is an all in one software that makes management easier.

Planning Center is easy to learn and manage. It has helped our church navigate managing over 200 members. This includes using online giving, member database, scheduling, music, emailing members, managing attendance to events and conducting background checks. Planning Center certainly has made our life easier in the office!

Pros

I like how it is versatile and allows us to plug in other services that help us navigate our business efficiently.

Cons

I wish we could have access to a live person quickly if assistance with the program is needed.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

They had more to offer for a great price.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

Planning Center had more options to use and they were more cost effective.

Response from Planning Center

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned wishing you could have access to a live person. We are here in the wings ready to support you. You may be surprised how quickly we respond! Our Support Team is a great resource for help in that area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help! Thanks!

Replied July 2022

February 2022

Great church management software

Pros

We've been using Planning Center for years now, and have steadily been adding additional features. One of the best parts is how everything is fully integrated: all of the names from PC People transfer to PC Services and PC Check-in. It makes the use of new services seamless and easy. It's super helpful to have different levels of access, especially in PC Giving. I can get a snap shot of all the financial information for our church without having access to specific donor information, which provides helpful boundaries and financial accountability.

Cons

We recently started using ProPresenter for our Sunday gathering visuals as well as our live stream. PC Services does integrate with ProPresenter, but our Director of Gathered Worship said he doesn't use it because it seems somewhat finicky. We may just need to do some more research into how to best use the products together :)

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

We were already using PC Services and wanted a way to integrate our online giving into our existing database of people. Using PC has made it so we don't have to keep two separate management systems in place, saving us a significant amount of time.

Response from Planning Center

Hi John, Thanks for your kind words! You mentioned having some trouble with the ProPresenter integration. Our Support Team is a great resource for help in that area. Hit the '?' icon in the upper-right of the screen when you are looking at your List. Send us a message and our team will jump in to help! Thanks!

Replied July 2022

Ceci

Necessary for worship/service planning, other features could integrate better

We actually like Planning Center a lot. It has its issues, but overall it's nice to be able to integrate every area of our church in one database. I do like that it's a sliding pricing structure and you can choose what you need and what you don't. I wish it were cheaper, but I get it.

Pros

The worship planning software (Services) is unmatched as far as I can tell. It pretty much contains everything we would want in a database solution, the Giving portion is fairly easy to use, Groups and Registrations both work pretty well and our congregation doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble with signups through those. Scheduling volunteers is very simple through Services. Their customer support seems to be pretty consistent and helpful.

Cons

2 things: 1. The individual modules for Planning Center, though I like that you can select which ones you need and don't need, don't seem to integrate super well with each other. The fact that you need to re-import people from the database portion into the other modules can be annoying, and the navigation among them as a whole doesn't seem to be totally cohesive. 2. (My biggest pet peeve) It is ENTIRELY too easy for people to add themselves as a duplicate. We've had 5-6 profiles with the exact same email and name, and people can just create a new profile over and over again. If this could be solved, I would honestly be a lot happier with Planning Center.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Planning Center is the gold standard for worship planning, so we did not want to use a different product or 2 separate products for our database solution.

Dave

PCO as full ChMS

We have been very pleased with a fully-integrated solution that is continually improving with a great support team at a price that saves us money!

Pros

When making the switch to PCO as our full ChMS I was concerned at first because there is no dedicated implementation process. However, I was amazed by how smoothly the implementation went. It is extremely intuitive and the support team is amazing. The online help is very useful, the support team responds quickly (I think their target is within 2 hours), and the Slack channel helps glean ideas from other users. We saved about $3,000 per year compared to our previous solution and have a better product.

Cons

PCO is not perfect. There is not a perfect solution. I don't think we've found any issues that we can't work around so far and I've really been impressed by the development team and the rolling out of improved features.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

We gave CCB/Push Pay an opportunity to convince us to stay with them. Rock RMS seemed a bit over our head because we don't have dedicated IT experts on staff. Shelby seemed like a good product but we got the feel that our experience would probably be similar to CCB. PCO is very intuitive, easy to implement, fully-integrated, has great resources and support, is frequently pushing out improvements, and saved us money.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

The primary catalyst for our decision to look at other options was the merger with Push Pay. I had a negative impression of Push Pay when we were looking at mobile app solutions. CCB did not offer a fully-integrated solution. Also, some of their features were cumbersome to use (process queues & reporting). They promised a lot but were slow to roll-out improvements.

Cameron

Great Church Management System for Small - Medium Sized Churchs

My title says that it is a great ChMS for a small - medium sized church, that is just because that is the size of the church that volunteer. Planning Center also has the potential to be great for a large church as well. So far we have been very happy with the transition to planning center, my next project is going to be integrating our website with their API so that we can sync the events and other features of Planning Center.

Pros

I like that Planning Center has all of the features that we need integrated into a single suite. Previously, we had 2-3 tools for membership management, communication, and online giving. We have been able to consolidate that down to a single system and saved money.

Cons

The member directory in the mobile app can be a little confusing for some of our members that are not tech-savvy. To overcome this, our technology team has been promoting our digital outreach and making ourselves available to the congregation to assist with getting them setup in the directory and using the mobile app.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

We were already using the Worship Planning features and the rest of the suite integrated really well.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

Churchteams was having issues delivering communications to our members, the interface also had some issues. We wanted a more robust system.

Response from Planning Center

Hi, Cameron! Thank you so much for your kind review. We're delighted to hear that you've had a successful switch and that you're able to use Planning Center as a unified system. Should you soon venture into using our API and have questions navigating through that process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team for help. All the best!

Replied June 2021

Rick

Planning Center Makes Scheduling Easy and Transparent

Planning Center is a great piece of software, with a lot of very powerful features for a church. It has made planning so much easier as a facility manager of my church. Also, being able to access the member's information is vital, and so much easier. As a congregation member who volunteers as a reader, usher, and worship assistant, being able to see my worship schedule and all the information I need is a great plus. I am very satisfied with Planning Center

Pros

I mainly use it to schedule rooms and events at our two campuses. Our church also has a Preschool through Jr. High, and I need to know who is using what room, and when, in order to schedule facility work, or to schedule groups who use our property for various functions. This can be complicated with the schools using the property, as well as church events, and outside groups. I can easily look on the calendar to see the schedule of events at our properties, which rooms they are using, which group, and for how long. I can easily schedule room usage, and if there is a conflict, the software shows you. Other users can also let you know of a conflict if they are planning something which would use the same room or area. We can also build our database by creating events that attendees need to sign in for. We can collect basic information, or more detailed information. For our VBS, we can keep track of kids, and their parents, so we can make triple sure that the children are being picked up by their parents, and no one else. The sign in process of attendees can be done on a mobile device as well. Control of the database of your church and school members is an absolute plus. Being able to access their information, keep their info updated, place them in groups, and send out focused email blasts is a major function which makes life so much easier for a church admin.

Cons

The integration training we received was excellent, but there is so much to learn, that you have to learn as you go, like any software or system. I would simply say that there is so much that this software can do, it all takes a lot of steps, and learning these steps takes a great deal of time and effort.

Hunter

My favorite ChMS

Planning Center has helped our church get back to focusing on people. We used to focus on managing people and administrative tasks, but with the ease of use Planning Center offers, it's allowed us to get back to the people on a more personal level.

Pros

Planning center has many apps, all centered around a common database that serves as the backbone for the entire ecosystem. All the apps reference People, the database app, to add users and administrators to each app. Apps include: Groups: Create and manage small groups. Services: Create service line-ups, worship setlists, and manage volunteers for every team your church has all from one platform, so nobody can ever be double booked. Registrations: Create and accept registrations for events, whether registration is free or you have to pay to register. Calendar: Manage events on a calendar, and have a place for end users to add events and reserve rooms. Giving: Online giving with an available add-on to your website, and text-to-give features. Check-Ins: Check in kids and print tags for them, and even create tags for volunteers and special events. Publishing: Edit and manage content for Church Center, and link sermons to your YouTube archives. Church Center: A free app for your church, available for mobile and browser use. Enables mobile giving and allows church members to access the membership-facing side of Planning Center.

Cons

There's so much flexibility with this ChMS that it's hard to know where to start. It's like trying to write a book, and you're staring at a blank page. You know you have something good to write, something worthwhile to say, but you don't know where to start because of the endless possibilities of starting an amazing new journey.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

There was no other option for us. Planning Center was too easy and flexible. Just an amazing software all the way around.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

There was no organization to our church management before. Now there is. It's really as simple as that. And I don't mean the church staff was disorganized, I mean there was no management to our events and groups. And there was certainly no automation. Now we're getting there.

Response from Planning Center

Hi, Hunter! Thank you for your kind words. So glad to hear you're enjoying Planning Center!

Replied May 2021

Setting a high bar

We use Planning Center for online giving, service planning, check-ins, and registrations for events and services. We have had great success using all these apps for managing our church.

Pros

Planning Center's suite of apps work together very well, and they integrate into other programs that we utilize, too. They have been flexible with so many of the COVID-related issues over the last year, with great customer service and continued support.

Cons

There are some features that I don't think we take full advantage of because they are buried under other useful features, or they are a little less intuitive for some users.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Planning Center's flexibility of products is more nimble than any of the alternative products, with better pricing.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

PCO does what we need better than any combination of Microsoft products, and much better than other Church Management Systems like Realm.

Tanya

Upgraded our Planning Center subscriptions...what a difference!

We're increasing engagement to and from our congregation. Adding these additional subscriptions has improved the ways we interact with our church community.

Pros

Our church has used Planning Center Services for some time, but we recently made the move to Planning Center Giving and Groups. What a difference for our staff and congregation! This platform is user friendly, very intuitive. The move from our previous software was done with ease.

Cons

If I were to list any cons it would really be nitpicking. We are very satisfied with our overall experience.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Integration with other Planning Center products making it a one stop shopping.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

Planning Center - Trust and experience. To upgrade and improve our Giving Platform. To create a more user friendly experience for our community.

Response from Planning Center

Hey Tanya - thanks so much for the review! So grateful we've made life easier for your staff and congregation! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions. :-)

Replied February 2021

Best service planning software around

Around Services and Check ins, Planning Center has been exceptional with customer service and helping us sort through issues. Their tutorial videos are also great. We didn't have great luck with customer service around the financial module, hence the choice to go another direction with our overall database while continuing to use Services.

Pros

Planning Center Services automates really helpful admin and communication work and allows teams to learn and grow with all of the resources they need. From an administrator's perspective, the ability to schedule and view services in matrix mod and keep track of multiple teams of volunteers with various limitations and requests using the preferences and blackouts is easily worth the monthly cost. Services is the backbone of planning center, and there's good reason that it's the standard in mid-sized and larger churches. The interface is intuitive and easy for volunteer users to figure out, and they do a great job of continuing to innovate features and usability.

Cons

While the other modules across planning center have great integration, our church found that the finances side lacked necessary features, meaning we are now running a separate database/CRM while still running planning center services. We wanted to be able to add financial information (givings) into the database without the person entering the data seeing previous data - essentially the ability to enter data blindly. I suspect many other churches are running different databases as well as planning center services, and the multi-system approach isn't ideal, so it would be nice to have a more responsive development team as planning center's interface is generally well built and user friendly.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Services fit all of our needs well when it came to service planning and Sunday morning volunteer management, and there didn't seem to be any other products that could compete in terms of functionality and ease of use.

Brent

The only church software you need!

Pros

I've been using Planning Center since all they had was the Services app. Now with the recent additions of everything else you need to manage church administration needs, I'm even more impressed. The best is you can tell everything was built by people who know what it means to work in a church environment. Not only does everything just work, but it's built with volunteer training in mind. It's intuitive and easy to teach others how to use. And you only pay for what you need/want with so much grace in their billing. Multiple times we had more check-ins than our plan was set up for and they sent a nice email to let us know and that they would never cancel our services but that if we were going to consistently go over the number, we should consider upgrading. What a stellar way to handle it! I've a team PCO guy for life!

Cons

It can be a little glitchy sometimes I've noticed when you have a lot of volunteers scheduled in one plan. Sometimes names will disappear or notifications will change. But it's few and far between.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

Pricing, ease of use, integrations

Darien

Impressive Church Management Software that is constantly improving

Planning Center is a life-saver for our organization, freeing up our time to focus on the people that truly matter. Planning Center has allowed us to implement robust systems to manage a lot of our administrative work; simplifying our lives and helping keep our teams on the same page.

Pros

Planning Center offers a robust set of applications that help create a comprehensive church management platform. Combining the useful features of PC People (such as workflows, forms, database management, etc) with their Service management system (Services), Group management system (Groups), Calendar application (Calendar), Attendance tracking systems (Check-ins), Giving platform (Giving) and event registration platform (Registrations) creates a very robust set of tools that help make church management easy. Paired with the Church Center app (provided with PC People), you also gain access to a consumer facing application where church members can join groups, register for events, give, and even check-in their kids - all from one central hub. All of these separate platforms have their individual strengths, but overall combined they form an integrated church management solution that offers useful features and well-designed software that is constantly improving based on the feedback of their customers.

Cons

Planning Center is a platform that is constantly growing, which of course means that there are always areas of improvement. The beauty of PC is that they are constantly monitoring what is missing, and working on improving in those areas - so anything I list here really are minor issues that will likely be addressed in the near future. Two crucial things that they are missing are a few back-end admin tools, such as a robust security options (such as 2FA) and a simple user management interface. Currently, there is no way to enforce password security for PC users with access to people's personal information, nor is there a way to require (or even implement) 2FA. On top of this, managing people's access levels to different planning center applications cannot be managed from a simple back end admin location - rather to add (or remove) permissions you need to manually visit each separate application, access the users profile, and add/remove the permissions on an application-by-application basis. All this are mere annoyances regarding security, and are things that I believe will be addressed in PC's feature roadmap

Aaron

Organization Made Easy!

Overall, Planning Center has helped our church in organization while also providing a great, resourceful, easy to use, customizable, and cosmetically pleasing choice of apps the work so well together and free up our time to work in other needed areas. It also has helped all of our staff be on the same page when going forward in our various ministries and events.

Pros

The variety of different apps that can help with all of our organization needs has been amazing. All the apps are easy to use, come with detailed tutorials so anyone can learn quickly, was able to be implemented into our website well, you can pick and choose which apps you want and skip the ones you may not need, and the customer service was fantastic at replying to support emails. Plus the church center app that can go on your phone makes utilizing these apps easy and cosmetically pleasing. There really just isn’t enough space to write all the pros that this product has.

Cons

The only 2 problems that can be found with this software is that when using the registration app, we are unable to make an event for one day but have multiple time slots to choose from and have to instead make 3 different events with those time slots which takes up more time. The second problem is that the price can be a little daunting and can start to add up quickly when choosing different apps at their various capacities which can limit some of the churches who might have interest.

Reasons for choosing Planning Center

It is more expensive but is a much better multifunction tool and had a better customer service experience as opposed to having a very negative experience while waiting on live support chat for over 40 mins with tithely.

Tyler

So. Much. Better.

I was the XP at a church that used Planning Center. I went to another church that used one of their main competitors. After 18 months, we are on Planning Center. I'm much happier and the rest of the staff is much happier. I think that pretty well sums it up.

Pros

When we switched from our previous software to Planning Center, I worked with our staff to see how it was going. The responses I got were always akin to "well, it is frustrating learning a new system...but this is better than what we were on." Basically, in one or two days our staff was less frustrated with Planning Center than they were continually with a system we had been on for three years. As we've been on it longer, the frustrations have decreased and the benefit to our church has increased. Moving to Planning Center has been the best organizational choice we've made in a long time. Oh, and it is about $100 (33%) cheaper each month. And that's on month-to-month vs an annual contract with the old guys. And when our online giving agreement runs out and we switch the Planning Center giving, we'll save another $200 or so a month. And their support is incredible, typically responding within an hour (vs 2 business days on the old platform).

Cons

To my understanding, Planning Center set out to make a great stand alone tool for Check Ins, a great tool for Registrations, a great tool for Giving, etc...to do this, they set up separate development teams for each module. I understand this, having worked with some tools that started as a great online director or great giving tool or great event tool and tried to expand to do much more. The result is often complicated bloat. I do think Planning Center's model largely avoided this because each thing has to stand on its own. In my estimation, I'd like to see some tweaks to certain modules, but overall each of them accomplishes what I need. The one drawback to this, though, is that the tools don't integrate quite as tightly as I'd like. Everything talks back to their People module, but sometimes it would be good to have them talk to each other a little more. E.g., when we set up an event in Check In, we also have to go into the Calendar module to set up the event to request the room. This can be a bit of a hassle. To be fair, it does seem like they are moving in this direction with new features, so hopefully their biggest weakness (to me) will continue to shrink! But, again...this is minor compared to the frustrations I've had with other systems. I've been on ones that I hated even logging into because I knew I was going to get mad. I genuinely like using Planning Center.

Reasons for switching to Planning Center

PC was a much better experience and more functional for our needs

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,048 reviews