All Amberscript Reviews

Arun Sarathy

Must have for Multiple Use-Cases

I am elated to have found Amberscript because it's all about trading in a few dollars to save our precious time, that's otherwise spent in writing subtitles, and speech scripts manually.

Pros

Amberscript has become a game-changer in my video production workflow. I usually write my video subtitles and sometimes podcast scripts after listening to my own words. It's a time consuming process and quite monotonous. But after I started using Amberscript, all I have to do is drag and drop my audio file into Amberscript, and then the script text is generated magically. It neatly captures my words spoken in English. The beauty is that it has multiple accent options just for English. So, even if you are a non-native English-speaking person, Amberscript can help. It has a neat editor within which we can edit the text easily using keyboard shortcuts, too. There is also a way to select the portion of text and it shows where in audio file waveform it's located. Its transcribing process works with AI capabilities - and that means it "learns" our words and tries to reduce the errors eventually.

Cons

With all its greatness, it still is not perfect. I have to do a final review to see if it picked all my spoken words correctly. Thanks to the text editor, I can search, edit directly in the editor. That being said, its transcription engine is in fact powerful and picks correctly almost 97% of the time. The hours limit duration is also quite less in their plans, in my opinion. However, we can purchase additional hours on a case-to-case basis.

Hermann

Amberscript - a real relieve for transcriptions

Pros

Works easy, is fast, I can always come back to old recordings on my account, an efficient help!

Cons

Sometimes I have interviews with non-British nor American partners who speak in English... On non-Germans who speak in German... And do not know it too well. What is worse, their pronounciation is not the "original" one. Then we sometimes come to a certain border because the software seems to be trained by natives of the respective languages. Would be good to teach it as well in "Conference English" or "Conference German". Guess that would also improve in the future.

ronewa

transcript

Pros

this software is easy and good for transcript.

Cons

its quality, without it i don't know what i would have done. amber-scripts is amazing and good for a student like me.

Jos

Industry: Writing and Editing

October 2022

Amberscript is a musthave for interviewers and editors

Easy to setup and use. Good quality.

Pros

You have a spoken interview transcribed in no time. The Dutch (AI) text-to-speech function is the best I've seen. Good enough to save tons of time.

Cons

Can't think of anything now. Maybe integration with other software could be better. But uploading single files to Amberscript does the job for me. Certainly if I compare it to the time lost when I was transcribing everything myself.

Reasons for switching to Amberscript

The Dutch translation is better.

Marie

It was really fast. the transcription was correct. I have a good experience.

Pros

I love that it divides automatically in different speakers. That German is available. (it is not available in a lot of transcription software) I also like that I can choose to let it transcibe from a person. I looove. That I can let the audio play while editing.

Cons

I didn't use it so much. But I would like to have some options for comments

Reasons for switching to Amberscript

I didnt like the subscription model

Nélia

Industry: Military

Amberscript is very useful

I am transcribing some interviews, collecting data from my master's degree and amberscript is being very useful to me.. I think amberscript is very user friendly. I chose the cheapest plan because the real-dollar exchange rate is 5.00. I wish that when adjusting the text I could use bold and other word features. Thank you very much"

Pros

I liked it a lot because it helped me with the manual work of the researcher.

Cons

Maybe you can use word features in the transcribed text.

Arno

Free trial

very useful for school task

Pros

the combination of the video, the self reading tekst and the transcript

Cons

the price you have to pay, it is too expensive for a student

December 2021

At first glance: very good

Easy to use, easy to understand, easy to get the invoice.

Pros

I've just bought 60 minutes of audio-translation fro 15 €. My interview was ready in 10 minutes and the text was 90% in line with the actual speech. I can't think of a more precise service.

Cons

There's nothing wrong in the service. Of course I'd appreciate more accuracy in the translation.

Salma

Industry: Publishing

all is good

Pros

earning easly money by posting subtitles

Cons

the complication of registration and work

Andrea

Industry: Translation and Localization

Amazing software

Pros

Works perfectly, identifies mostly flawlessly many accents and different intonations.

Cons

No copy paste. Having to work with internet.

Jonatan

Excelente herramienta.

Mi experiencia con Amberscript en general es muy buena.

Pros

El software es muy simple de usar e intuitivo. Cualquiera podría utilizarlo sin tener muchos conocimientos de informática.

Cons

En mi caso, el software tiene algunas fallas y no salva mi progreso en el trabajo o simplemente se recarga solo.

Diego

September 2022

Excelente trascriptor, versátil y fiel al audio.

Muy importante para ejercicios de investigación cualitativa

Pros

Es una plataforma muy versátil con trascripciones muy fieles

Cons

Sugiero ajustar "loops" para realizar seguimiento al audio sin necesidad de parar.

Nithushaa

September 2022

Best solution to save work and time!

Pros

The automatic transcription with less time

Cons

It is too expensive for students. I would prefer some student offer packages.

Matt

A critical tool

Always happy with my work on Ambersscript.

Pros

Simple interface, fast translation and decent editor are great.

Cons

Some of the features in the editor (cut n paste, etc) couldbe improved.

Reasons for choosing Amberscript

Interface, strength of results and pricing were attractive.

Reasons for switching to Amberscript

I tried pretty much every option and this was the best for me all round.