All Sonix Reviews

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

Ernesto

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Surprisingly accurate and super easy to edit

I've just started using them but am so impressed with the results, the service and the customer service that I'm starting to transcribe all my previous podcast episodes and phasing out the use of Google Cloud transcription despite that being FREE at the volume that I require.

PROS

It's accuracy for transcribing conversations How simple it is to edit and export the transcript The embed code so I can add a transcript AND a player to my website and even pull the original MP3 from my podcast host so that those plays count towards my stats. THE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

CONS

The pricing structure is difficult to grasp at first. I would still try to simplify it because it's confusing. You get charged a membership fee which then gives you access to transcription services which are billed based on usage. I now understand that they do this so you don't have to be paying monthly for transcription which you might not need but then you're paying a membership anyway… Also, I'd like to be able to save snippets and common words to improve the AI and make my editing process easier but that's a very minor thing.

Silvia

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

perfect transcription - relation price vs product received: You get more for your money than you could ever expect

I am a professional coach and have given many seminars over the last 30 years. I had recorded them and have tried to get them transcribed times and again in order to edit them and publish them as manuals. I have bought all kind of software – state of the art at the respective time – that would supposedly do the job. However, the result was usually so that the corrections would take probably longer than manually transcribing it from scratch. That is when I heard from a friend about Sonix. I compiled a few samples of the oldest, worst recordings of my seminars in a 30 minute test and ran it through. The result was mindblowing. Of course you have to read it through and there is a few words to correct here and there – but the overall result – given the bad quality of recording on top of it: A dream had come through. I contacted Sonix to ask if they could offer me a deal as I had over 1000 hours to transcribe – and not only did I get a fantastic deal, I also found the staff are very pleasant to deal with: Friendly, competent, fast, answering your questions spot on and not referring you to some general article that is usually far off the topic – just simple joy to interact with them. I got my over 1000 hrs transcribed and I am totally happy with it. And of course I stay customer of Sonix for all my future transcription to be done and I recommend it to all my friends. This company manages to give you a fantastic product at such a good price – you get for your money much much more than you possibly could expect. I wish more of our economy would follow the same principle – we could have a paradise on Earth with everyone happily producing and exchanging. My wholehearted thanks to the Sonix team for the fantastic product and the great service they provide.

CONS

nothing - it was perfect from the beginning to the end.

Reasons for switching to Sonix

The former transcription was literally un-understandable

Juliana

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Used to be good, looking for another tool

Now it is bad. A waste of money. I am looking for another product

PROS

Easy to load, and used to be helpful. Don't understand what changed

CONS

It used to be good until 6 months ago, now, it just sucks and has become a waste of money

Brandon

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Incredible program and brilliant customer service

I’ve used it for over 100 hours of interviews for various projects, specifically our podcast Telephone Stories: The Trials of Michael Jackson, which is airing on Luminary - any time I’ve had an issue, they’re customer service has been prompt, personal and grateful for my business.

PROS

Sonix is very easy to use - and compared to AI software I’ve tried much more accurate with transcriptions - and the turnaround continues to become faster.

CONS

The only issue with the software - and I think it’s more of just the ability to read the sometimes difficult change between speakers when uploading an interview is breaking dialogue paragraphs when one speaker is done and telling the difference. This may likely change as technology grows.

Jan

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Soix for transcription

Great tool which served the purpose.

PROS

Easy to use. Great support. Friendly people

CONS

The software performed as expected, so there are no conerns.

Jorge

Reviewed March 2018

The recording, transcription and editing functions are really great.

It allows a greater benefit saving time and I can make my projects faster, being able to quickly transcribe audio and make it searchable is the greatest benefit. The recording, transcription and editing functions are really good and easy to use ..

PROS

The editing functionality is very good it does a very good job of transcription, so it really is not necessary to make many modifications to the transcribed text. The design is very clear, which facilitates its use and allows you to upload files in a fast and efficient way, the editing functionality that you have is very complete allowing the audio track and the transcribed text to be synchronized so that it is really easy to follow the audio and make online editions of the transcribed text

HanSeok

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Quick and Handy Automation tool for Busy Teacher

PROS

Sonix provides me with a highly reliable automatic audio/video transcription service. After uploading the file on the server, usually it takes up to 30-40 seconds to complete the transcription process for a 1 minute audio file. I use it to make an interactive listening practice tool for my students. As it supports a powerful sharing options, I can easily share the contents even on the web itself! Also it has two kinds of offers: subscription or pay-as-go. So I can choose the one that fits my current situation.

CONS

I have not found anything that I dislike with this tool. Compared to its competitors, nothing had a superior quality or features than Sonix. I am quite sure that I'd love to pay for the subscription even after the free trial (30 minutes).

Moritz

Management Consulting, 10,000+ employees

Amazing Transcription Software with a great price

It helped to save so much time, did not expect that to happen - life saver!

PROS

- amazing UI - good quality transcription for German language even though sometimes low quality recording - easy to refine transcription manually - great price, great bargain + you can quit monthly

CONS

- to be honest I expected nothing but was amazed, so cannot really say anything although there is always room for improvement like the accuracy of transcription etc.

Hesham

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A good transcription service

it is very recomandable

PROS

fast in transcription , very fast realy I liked it

CONS

some mistakes bei transcription due to bilang usage

Victor

Motion Pictures and Film, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Life-changing software

What took hours to finish now takes minutes thanks to Sonix, the speed of transcription and translation is very fast and you will only have to worry about polishing the script for very specific words and pronunciations of different subjects and accents.

PROS

It's an amazing achievement that saves hours of your time transcribing and timecoding for video. It's incredibly easy to use and set-up for the first time.

CONS

Loved everything about the software, didn't found any bug or error so far. Speech-to-text transcription is a very hard affair and it's very understandable that it won't be a 100% perfect outcome, but it gets around 80-90% perfect, just needs a little check on some words and that's it.

Holly

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Great product for quick and easy transcription

I used the software to work with a video production team in another state - they sent me the video, I uploaded the audio to the program, translated it to Word (I loved that there were options for the format you'd like to create the translation in), cleaned it up in Sonix, downloaded it to my laptop and made notes for the video production company to make the edits to the actual video. It really sped up the process and was a great help to me. If I had an ongoing need to make these videos (monthly, for example), I would DEFINITELY buy this product!

PROS

I needed a software product to translate a video made by compiling Zoom recordings. Not only was the quality relatively poor, but there were 15 different speakers. This software did a tremendous job! Not only was it able to capture probably 90% of the words accurately from a poor-quality audio, but it separated the content by speaker, made it super easy to note who spoke in each section, to correct the few words that were wrong (mostly the company name which is not common), and easy to export. I'm not a software expert by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a strategic communication consultant putting together a video for a client in the Real Estate industry. Being able to translate, identify the speaker and easily download the information with time stamps made it much easier and faster to get to our final edit with the video production company.

CONS

I had no challenges or issues with the software - it was very intuitive, helpful, and thoughtfully designed.

Richard

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Really works as advertised!

We were transcribing approx 5-10 minutes of audio everyday and it was the fastest, easiest and most economical of all of the transcription programs we demoed. I highly recommend!

PROS

The great thing about SONIX is the interface and transcription are easy and quick. Several of us in different cities needed access to the transcription and it was easy to share.

CONS

There really were no cons for us. We used it to transcribe scripts for syndicated radio replay and it was easy.

Sagar

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Best for translation, transcription and subtitles generation.

While making video content, it is better to make it with live subtitles. For subtitles, we need to transcribe each minute by rewinding and listening, which is time-consuming and the solution is Sonix.ai. It solves all my issues and forgets about creating manual subtitles after using it.

PROS

It is a highly accurate and automated process that increases our work efficiency by 2x to 5x.

CONS

Sonix cannot support live speech-to-text conversion which is the only dislike that I found about it.

TOM

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

I really loved the tool and even used it for personal use as a language learner. I loved that there are a lot of export features including the video player with clickable transcript

PROS

I used Sonix for a year transcribing my YouTube videos and using the API to create content from it. It's easy to use, fast and affordable

CONS

The text editing takes time and the timestamps made me crazy at times. If the language switches in the video (rare case figure for most users I admit) it gets very difficult to get both transcriptions

Dan

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Needed to write a training course, fast!

I needed to write an end-user training class and had a very short period of time to do it. I was able to use the transcriptions from recordings of several previous training sessions to define a clear and effective outline to the course. If I had to sit and listen to all those recordings it would have taken me at least 5x as long to write the instructor manual. The cost was very reasonable considering how much time it save me.

PROS

The time it took to transcribe several hours of audio was incredibly fast.

CONS

Sometimes it struggles with accents and it was really odd how it would handle male voices differently than female voices - for example the sentence "You might have a tendency to make it last months" spoken by a male might be transcribed as 'You might have a tendency to make it last months" but for a female it would transcribe it as 'You might have a pregnancy to make it last months' - we had a bit of a laugh about that, but it probably had more to do with the speaker's accent than their gender.

Marcia

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

PhD research interview transcription

A great experience. I've recommended it to all of my fellow phd students and would use it again.

PROS

It's super easy to use and picks up on different accents, which was important because my accent was different to all of my subjects.

CONS

THat I had to pay for it, but that's life ;-)

Reason for choosing Sonix

Reasons for switching to Sonix

The other did not pick up the variance in accents

Monica

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2019

Worth it!

Love it, will continue to use and refer

PROS

I love how easy it is to navigate, keep organized and upload wh