All Join It Reviews

Good Program

April

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

The most amazing customer service I've ever had!

Their customer service is second to none and literally has kept me from pursuing other more robust platforms. I'll take a company that's willing to listen to their users over a huge name that has a few more bells and whistles but is unreachable and / or provides the standard "that's a great idea. I'll send it to our team. Maybe one day we'll do something about it."

PROS

They have listened to my feedback and actually implemented multiples of my suggestions! It's super-cool to see them shape the software based on our needs, and to hear back from a real person usually within 1-2 days. Otherwise the automations are great, and I love the custom admin fields.

CONS

Really needs to have a Zapier integration so that I can do more reporting and moving of data automatically. Also I'd love to see a referral system built for memberships...that's something NO ONE in the business has and it would be a huge selling point!

Thanks, April! It's been wonderful working with you! :)

Replied December 2018

Larry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

ACTUALLY FREE for small organizations and truly functional!

The plain-but-functional free version got us up and running pretty fast. I haven't had much experience yet with back-end management/monitoring of members, so I can't comment on workflows, but I expect them to be pretty good from what I can see.

PROS

The only actually free membership management software I found for tiny nonprofits (under 100 members). If we grew out of our tiny size, I would likely get a paid version of Join It. It was smart and generous of Join It to offer a truly free option. Sure you don't get all the fancy features, but even the stripped-down feature set is truly functional. It was pretty easy to get up and running and integrate the service with our (Wix) website.

CONS

There are a few tweaks that could be done to the back end to make it more intuitive where users go to access various settings and things. For instance, the membership type description is not shown on the summary of the membership type. One has to know to click EDIT DETAILS to make updates. There was no ability to include graphics with the membership types to spiff up a membership page on a website, though I think I have discovered a workaround by designing my own page and linking graphics/buttons to the URLs individual membership types (glad Join It includes those!).

Reason for choosing Join It

It was the only truly free alternative for small nonprofits like mine (under 100 members). Others are just limited 30-day trials. This one won't expire and if I have the good fortune of increasing my organization's membership past the limit, I can just grow into a paid version.

Gail

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Free Trial

Club membership of a voluntary organisation is always a problem. I'm looking for some way to consolidate all the bits and pieces various members are storing. With this programme I think I will be able to do it. The Support service is excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very patient with my queries!! I will write a further review when I've had a bit more time with it!

PROS

It seems to have the features I am going to need, but as I am still trialling it I can't really give a full evaluation.

CONS

Haven't yet had a chance to try all the features.

Reviewed March 2023

A solid choice for Club management

PROS

Integrations will other apps a small club needs such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite and Quickbooks.Once setup mostly works by itself to track membership payments and renewals

CONS

No API or access to backend in basic edition, there is webhooks in more expensive version.

Reason for choosing Join It

Wild Apricot was the only other option really and I chose Joinit because it could connect to other apps and was not just one big app like Wild Apricot. From time to time i do question the decision because there are features I want that i can't get or add to my current version of joinit

Jorge A

Utilities, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Good Potential Membership APP

Very simple and good if you like minimalistic approach but high price for what you get.

PROS

I like the simple, minimalist approach. User friendly and really great customer support. Has all the basic features a small organization needs

CONS

Price is somewhat high compared to other full blown apps doing much more than joinit. To upload your members database you will need to submit manually to customer support. All other competing apps I have tried will do this automatically with your mapping input. Does not have webpage features, just very minimal and basic. Financial reports are lacking.

Reason for choosing Join It

I have not purchase joinIt yet. Strongly considering TidyHQ for better features and lower price.

Wendy

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Review of Join It membership software

Join It has enabled me to gather meaningful data on my clients, eg where a new member heard about our services, which industry sector they are in, legal structure, etc, all of which helps me with our marketing plan. Any time I have wanted help, both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been there to give me assistance, and they are also compiling a list of additional options that their customers have requested and they update me as and when there are new functions available.

PROS

It was very easy to set up, and easy to amend features as we ourselves develop. It is very easy to use, gather relevant data and communicate with my customers. The customer support is superb. The quick help guides often have answers to my questions, and if not, then I can use the online chat support, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are excellent at getting back to me quickly and are always helpful.

CONS

There is some limitation in separating out different user types, as at present there are some features that apply to all user types. I would also like more options to tailor the landing page, as at present it is very limited in what I can do with it. When I initially set it up, I had difficulty setting up our account with the financial company's software, that is used by Join It (however, Join It supported me with this, and I imagine this would be the case with all financial software companies).

Reason for choosing Join It

I selected Join It over alternatives as it seemed so straight forward to use and manage (which it is). It was less expensive than many alternatives, and I felt/feel I get great value for money, and superb support from them.

Reasons for switching to Join It

The previous system I used has no way of capturing meaningful data on my clients, which meant I couldn't tailor marketing to different users. It was also labour intensive to add data, and gather statistical data on clients.

Thanks for the kind words -- and all the wonderful feedback so far! We look forward to shipping some of the requested features for you! :)

Replied April 2020

Nathan

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Love this product

Amazing experience with customer support.

PROS

Before Join It, managing memberships used to be such a hassle, but now everything's at my fingertips. I love how I can customize membership options for our members—different prices, durations, you name it! Plus, I can add custom fields to learn more about our members, like their favorite pool activities or snack preferences.One of the biggest improvements has been collecting annual dues. Payments are a breeze with Join It, and everything's transparent and secure. Members can pay online, and I get all the financial reports I need. No more chasing after people for dues or fumbling with cash and checks!Another amazing thing is the automated emails. Whether it's a friendly reminder to renew their membership or an update about a fun pool party, I can easily keep in touch with our members. They love the personalized digital membership cards too—it makes them feel like they're part of our special pool family.But what really won my heart was Join It's customer support. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but their team was so patient and helpful. Whenever I had questions or needed a hand, they were there for me, and it felt like they truly cared about making things easier for our pool community.

CONS

There is very little. The things that I would like to have seen was an ability to better manage the group accounts. Right now everything is at the row by row user level based on each record. It would be useful to be able to have the main membership viewer organize by membership owner so that each family unit was a line item rather than each person. It would be useful to have more batching operations at the family unit level. It would be useful to have an integrated survey functionality within the application as a part of the email templates. It would also be useful to be able to sell "day pass" memberships from the shopping cart, right now I have to setup Square separately to handle these transactions. All in all, I love your product

Reason for choosing Join It

Best value for capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Join It

Better integration, user experience, digital access cards.

Mike

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

The Solution We Have Been Waiting For!

The initial attraction to Join It was the Eventbrite Integration. This is going to create big opportunities for us in creating and promoting events where memberships are included in the attendance cost. The ease of syncing with SurveyMonkey and EventBrite and MailChimp, and others is huge benefit. We rely on board member/committee member volunteers for our non-profit to assist me with various tasks, and letting them work with these services they are used to from other things they do in their lives is a huge plus. The initial best part of moving to Join It was the friendly, fast, and thorough assistance in migrating. We signed up for the Business plan, and it was money well-spent. It's so refreshing to find that. From the conference call explaining the service to me, to the migration itself, to helping me sort things out in the feature set, it has been delightful. I normally cringe at the thought of chat support. Not this time. We used another membership management company, they were not friendly or responsive, took a long time to reply, had no integrations, and a clunky user interface that looked like it was written in Cold Fusion in 2001. Firing them and taking Join It live for our members made my day.

PROS

It looks great, functions great, has all of the outside automated integrations we need, the pricing is very fair, and it is simply intuitive to use.

CONS

I don't have any least likes about it at this point.

Thanks, Mike! It's been a pleasure working with you! We're appreciative that you chose to work with us! :)

Replied April 2019

Reviewed January 2018

Great support and a killer product. JoinIt really helps our club and our members.

PROS

When our fledgling club was looking for a billing tool to help us sign up members quickly, I found JoinIt during a frantic Google search session. It has been very impressive to see how fast the JoinIt product has grown over the last 15 months that my club has been using their product. It was very easy to get my plans added to the system, connect to Stripe then start taking sign ups. In under 15 minutes we had a page online for folks to join our club.

CONS

It would be great if the domain integration was more robust. Ideally we could actually use JoinIt to actually be our website, it is just so close. There are a few bugs yet with the Stripe integration, I am very happy to report that the founders do get it sorted out very quickly.

Thank you for the kind words! And for being with us since the beginning! :)

Replied January 2018

Mary

Reviewed September 2018

Membership Made Easy

It was so exciting to see the first renewal payment come in, from a reminder notice, and the person even upgraded their membership! Reminders are something I didn’t have time for and the software has made this automatic. I also have to say that the customer service is incredible, even on the free version. The tech support staff get back to you quickly with thoughtful and detailed advice for whatever problem you’re experiencing, and tailor it to your situation. This is really surprising for a free product.

PROS

I’m volunteering for a tiny nonprofit, and love how easy Joinit is to learn and use, even with the very limited time I have for volunteering. I also really like the attractive layout. Both differentiated it from the other programs I looked at, which were clunky/unattractive and seemed complicated to onboard. I love that I can set up a varied membership structure (ours is pretty complex) that allows our members lots of options.

CONS

I think the address should be an available field in the free version. (You can import/export addresses, but not edit them on screen.) It’s a standard field all membership organizations use, and collected at the point of sale. However, the pricing is reasonable enough that I am optimistic that new memberships will soon make the paid version pay for itself.

Thanks for the kind words, Mary! It's a pleasure serving your organization!

Replied September 2018

Sharon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Using Join It to Manage Memberships in Nonprofit Organization

Overall, we are very pleased with our Join It experience.

PROS

The membership renewal feature (automatic emails) is very effective and saves time. The merge memberships feature is very useful!

CONS

Inputting offline payments (e.g., from checks or cash) took a bit of time (and trial and error) to understand. But after we entered several and corrected some of our mistakes, we understood how all of the fields worked, and it made sense.

Reason for choosing Join It

Join It was recommended by our website developer for managing memberships to our nonprofit organization. The website developer set up a lot of the links for us, but it was easy for our board of directors to learn how to use the software. Join It provides prompt and excellent feedback when we submit questions using the chat feature.

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the Friends of the Georgetown Animal Shelter! We love supporting incredible causes, so it's absolutely our pleasure. :)

Replied February 2021

Mario

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Making things easier

So far its been great. The support team is fast and responsive and really attentive to all the issues I have brought up or speed bumps I have had, weather my own or on the system end.

PROS

The ease of managing members and its simple integration into multiple other applications makes a lot of the daily work easier. There was a slight worry to the learning curve for members but for the most part it has been ok during our rollout. Payment integration has been amazing. and integrations with MailChimp and slack have taken many steps out of the process for me.

CONS

I feel there are a few features that I would have liked to see a bit more intuitive or better integrated. I would like the ability to edit our membership page a bit more stylistically. The way membership renewals happens gets a bit confusing which has cause double memberships showing or a few manual adjustments to member levels. I feel if a membership is annual, then all the options should be available at once instead of having to do multiple clicks.

It's been a pleasure working with you so far, Mario! Looking forward to continuing to support you and the club!

Replied October 2022

Thomas

Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Evaluate this One For Sure

Simply put, I couldn't be more pleased.

PROS

I spent around 2 months doing evaluations of this type of solution. For the size and type group we represent, this is the answer! The User Interface is well organized, and just makes sense! Doesn't contain a lot of features that we won't use. Support is the absolute BEST I encountered. No waiting up to 24 hours for an email response. Their use of the chat "Intercom" solution was immediately responsive.

CONS

Wish it had an embedded Event Manager. Minor - Arrangement of Custom Fields for the signup form is a bit awkward, but manageable.

Reason for choosing Join It

The User Interface is well organized, and just makes sense! Doesn't contain a lot of features that we won't use, but does offer what is needed to properly manage our membership. Support is the absolute BEST I encountered. No waiting up to 24 hours for an email response. Their use of the chat "Intercom" solution was immediately responsive

Reasons for switching to Join It

Support and Help was unsatisfactory. Action turnaround was 24+ hours.

Neil

Government Relations, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

So easy to use, flexible to set up and the integrations work well

There really isn't anything bad you can say about this product. I did a fair bit of research and am glad I landed on this. All you need to do is change some of the "Americanisms" in the template emails etc but apart from that, this is ready to go for even the smallest databases. In fact we started with zero and are now in a health four figure range thanks to the way this works. Obviously this comes highly recommended.

PROS

Easy to use interface Integration with MailChimp Customer support

CONS

There is no integration with PayPal but understand that this is on its way

Reason for choosing Join It

Thought it would work well with what we needed - and we were right. The integration with MailChimp is particularly valuable to us.

Diana

Reviewed November 2019

Perfect Membership Management Software for Novices and Experts Alike

We were exploring various membership management software systems and Join It met all of our needs at a price that was reasonable. The site was easy to become familiar with and was laid out in a clean and visually streamlined manner. There are enough options to customize things but not so many that it is overwhelming for people who do not have experience with membership management systems. I highly recommend this for all types of companies, whether you are a non-profit or a for-profit business.

PROS

Visually clean page that is easy to use for members of all ages Ease of use and navigation Layout of tools Very responsive customer service department Reasonably priced Streamlined with other services such as Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, etc.

CONS

I have no cons at this point and would recommend this product.

Reason for choosing Join It

Price, positive customer service experience, ease of use.

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been a pleasure working with you so far, and we look forward to collaborating even more!

Replied November 2019

Brian

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Good but takes some getting used to

Very useful once you figure out its quirks.

PROS

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

CONS

Sometimes it’s not very intuitive. Also, when searching the database you have to reset the parameters every time. Makes it very time consuming It’s not very adaptable. Users write in about desired updates and features but JoinIt takes a long time to implement them, if at all.

Price and features