All MemberPlanet Reviews

Diane

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

I have used Memberplant for numerous campaigns and events with Awesome Success and Results!!

The major benefits for me and the organization that I work with is that Memberplanet allows us to reach out to people quickly and securely. It also allows us to manage donations and other campaigns from any where and give our contributors the capability to donate from the privacy of their homes.

PROS

What I like best is the ease of use of the Memberplanet application. Memberplanet is extremely user friendly. Customer service is friendly, helpful, fast and responsive. The reporting features are excellent which makes the reconciliation process so much easier from a accounting prospective.

Owen

Sports, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2016

BCGC Review

My club, Buffalo Creek Gun Club, in Colorado, has been using Member Planet going on two years now. The absolute best thing that Member Planet has going for itself is Customer/Technical Support. I am not the world's computer genius but for the most part building documents within Member Planet is easily accomplished and can be done on your own. However, when you hit a snag, the support team is there for you -- always! I highly recommend the Member Planet product and their staff. You will not be disappointed!

PROS

Ease of use and support from the company.

CONS

Not ALL documents, such as question & answer, are available for copy & paste into another document.

Reviewed February 2017

Does not have a 'simple' interface option for members/users

Memberplanet is intended to be a portal for individuals to manage their memberships into multiple organizations. That's a noble goal, but waaaay too complicated for a novice user or someone who just wants to join a single group and interact with the group leadership. As far as I can tell a user has to be adept at navigating through a 3 level hierarchy (level1-member of memberplanet, level2-portal to all groups, level3-group member). There are some great capabilities at level1 that can't be brought into level3. Also, if you are a member of a single group it still forces you to traverse through level2, and that's not at all intuitive. Customer support was great when I first signed up and the Admin interface is fine, full of features. I'd say the learning curve for the admin is very reasonable, even for a novice, but the learning curve for a member/user is way too hard and memberplanet lacks a 'simple' interface option.

PROS

Seems like a great piece of software for anyone administering a group membership.

CONS

This software is too complicated for a customer base whose mastery level of technology is 'can do email' and 'read-only internet browsing'.

Hi Michael, I¿m sorry you found memberplanet difficult to navigate. Our software has functionality for both admins AND members, so I can see how those lines can cross. We¿re looking to improve, so thanks for voicing your concerns. We want to clarify a few things: There are no ¿hierarchies,¿ but members must create a login account for security purposes. You mentioned that as a member of one group, you must traverse through a portal to all groups. (Level 2.) That¿s not the case, though. He/she will only have access to that ONE group, even if they click on the group portal. We¿re working on making this more intuitive. You mentioned that capabilities at level 1 can¿t be brought into level 3. If you¿re referring to admin capabilities, that¿s correct ¿ members can¿t access admin functionalities. However, you can assign as many admins as you like! If there¿s anything else we can clarify, please email info@memberplanet.com, or call us at 888-298-8845. Sincerely, Patrick

Replied February 2017

Barbara

Outstanding

PROS

User friendly; priced is reasonable; templates; broadcasts; email campaigns; events; campaign templates, etc. There are too many pros to list.

CONS

Mobile app - to be able to access account from mobile phone where you can make changes to forms, etc. Right now, it does not appear the mobile app allows users to make changes.

Jylla

Reviewed March 2018

MP is more than software, they are a valued partner!

PROS

It is easy to set up, flexible options, and easy for our users to get started. Use will continue to grow over time so the foundation is set for continued success.

CONS

Will continue to work to develop smooth summary reporting in our next phase. Looking at more long term projects.

Tom

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Do your due diligance

Very, very poor. Aside from the non existent customer service, knowing that they have received $500 in donations and I can't get anyone to tell me where the money will be deposited to our bank acct, plus prior problems in the past, should cause someone to pause.

PROS

Not much, emails get stuck in spam, texts don't go through, donations don't get posted...customer service response time is poor to non existent.

CONS

There customer service is beyond poor. I have emailed no less than 10 times, with very canned responses. I called and left a voicemail, no return phone call - been over a week. I was told on an email that they are so backed up that they are not returning phone calls, can't make this up. I've asked for a supervisor to reach out about 10 days ago, no call. Continue to ask for a call in all communications, no one calls.

Edward

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2016

Nichole is my champion.

I'm one of the guys you hear about that has to ask his grandchildren to help him with his iPhone. Our rep, stepped in and took over. She understood exactly what I was asking for and made me a beautiful invitation to our function in January. I couldn't be more pleased.

PROS

I like being able to control e-mails and keep in contact with my members. I really like your support.

CONS

I don't like the fact that once an item is published there can be no corrections of any sort. If you catch a misspelled word or want to change anything, you have to start all over. "Publish" is too final. I wish there were a way to unpublish, make corrections and then republish.

Denisha

Reviewed March 2018

Easy to set up. Excellent customer srevice

PROS

connection with bank accounts, ease of set up, customer service representatives, automatic feedback to a client or member

CONS

the process in connecting with a new bank account, some aspects of the fundraising arm. A person does need a little IT knowledge

Taylor

Chapter Communication Made Easy

Our chapter has been using all different types of communication including Facebook, yahoo groups, basic SMS text messaging, etc. Although these methods of communicating have worked in the past, I wanted to implement an easier more efficient way of sending out updates and messages to my chapter. I came across MemberPlanet, and saw they just released a new feature that allows members to send email/text at the same time from the web platform and from the mobile application. This feature alone sold me on MemberPlanet because it was the perfect solution to easily and effectively communicating with my chapter. If I need to send an urgent message to specific members, or my whole chapter, I can. Being a college student, I am always on the go and MemberPlanet's mobile integration has made my life easier by allowing me to send messages on the go. We have a spring event coming up which is successful year after year. I will definitely make sure our chapter uses MemberPlanet for our event set-up, as well as receiving donations. Overall, the new broadcast feature is more than effective and I haven't seen a platform that has anything comparable to the broadcast feature. MemberPlanet is definitely the way to go for any chapter looking for an easy/efficient way of communicating, managing, and organizing chapter activities.

Jorge A

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2019

Too Expensive

It was never my favorite tool but for $15 monthly I was willing to use. Now we are moving to other tool costing less or the same for much better value. We like TinyHQ, JoinIt .

PROS

It has lot of features for what you need to manage an organization except accounting. Good emai and event templates.

CONS

Difficult to use, cluttered, outdated and very expensive. Cost went from $15 for lower package to $50 out of the blue. no added features or benefits with increase.

Hi Jorge, first and foremost, we want to thank you and your organization for giving our platform a try! We are always adding new functionality and enhancing features within our platform, and you will find information about major updates on our support site under announcements https://support.memberplanet.com/hc/en-us/sections/115004111368-Announcements and our blog https://blog.memberplanet.com/blog/category/new-features. If you have any questions about our features and functionality, please don't hesitate to contact support@memberplanet.com. We wish you and your organization nothing but success!

Replied November 2019

Trycennia

Reviewed March 2018

I love MemberPlanet it's a great tool.

PROS

That you can export your spreadsheets out of the system to excel, you can sort within the system, you can view payments by each form that you have created, you can sort by date range. there are so many pros I just can't list them all.

CONS

Company is unable to send you an auto-renewal email. This goes to the company not really a software issue.

Eleasha

Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2018

It's a very user friendly site.

Very good reports

PROS

It has a lot of tools to be utilized and they are very helpful for administration purposes. The reports are valuable.

CONS

Some of the best features are at a cost. I would prefer to have them at a lower cost maybe as a flat rate to use everything.

Reathea

Reviewed March 2018

My experience with has been excellent. Training has been superb.

PROS

I love the ease of use. The ability to export reports in Excel allows me to manipulate reports and extract out data that is required based on what I need to report.

Casey

Reviewed October 2015

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

I like how supportive the entire service hotline has been awesome and helpful. The site is fun and creative, but whenever I faced issues, they knew how to help. The live chat system is responsive and they take less than a day to answer back on my inquiries. I have to say the Events, Donations, and Broadcast has made my job easier in organizing and funding my events. I quickly alert my group of any changes through the broadcast system which goes to email and cellphone alerts. Even though I am new to the site, I found myself enjoying all the functionalities of the website, with each tab and widget. I enjoyed how easily I was able to import my contacts through all my social media sites i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I managed to set up a clean schedule of an organized fun run and managed to raise funds for cancer awareness. Overall, I can't wait to reach the potential capabilities of the site and harness its maximum effectiveness.

Andy

Reviewed September 2015

Just starting trial, but great experience so far!

In process of evaluating solutions right now. Have to say the software offers a multitude of features, each that I've tried works flawlessly so far! Customer support second to none! Upon signing up, Patrick (from Memberplanet support team) contacted me immediately and offered to answer any questions I had, and to even offer phone support. The tools for building a site and administering your group look awesome. I've set up a Box account (which is used for its document management capabilities) and the integration works great. We have already uploaded some documents successfully. Also I've tried out broadcast messages (by email, and also SMS supported) to our board members. This works great. Also have installed the mobile app on my iPhone, which is feature rich and allows most features to be executed there as well. So far a great experience! Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 2015

MemberPlanet is awesome!

I was referred to MemberPlanet by a friend who used MemberPlanet for their non profit and PTA organizations. I needed an online portal that would allow to create emails, surveys and shoot out payment forms all under one platform. I do not know how I survived without MemberPlanet before, but I am glad that I use it now! I use MemberPlanet to collect my league dues. The process is quick and simple. All I had to do is log in and create a quick payment form and send out to everyone who had to pay. I was also able to interact with MemberPlanet on a customer service side as well. I had a quick question about my account, I emailed them and they shot me a reply back quick. I actually did call one time as well and spoke to a very kind lady who helped me with all of my questions I had. I would def refer MemberPlanet to anyone! 5 star service all around!!!

Grace

Reviewed April 2015

Member Planet has helped our school tremendously

We have eliminated much of our paperwork that used to pile up during school registration and have simplified the process of creating the school directory with Member Planet. It's nice to be able to see who clicked and how many have clicked on the email campaigns and determine how effective the messages are. The only thing we cannot control is whether or not parents want to log in and become actual members. I was an active user of the email campaigns and appreciate the effort it takes to create one but one needs to know a bit of html and web design to design an email campaign that works well. I have contacted customer support several times and Nichole was excellent in explaining how my images and text would work most effectively. Kudos for Nichole! Now, if only you had an online directory Member Planet but I understand you are working on it!

Molly

Reviewed April 2015

Allows members to be connected and simplifies communication.

MemberPlanet has become a tool I can not live without as an advisor. It has made it possible for me to communicate with the 18 collegiate members I advise in a manner that is easy to use and track. Sending emails is a snap using the template I created for my group. The ability to send text messages to those I advise has proven effective in helping collegiate officers complete tasks related to their position. The best part is being able to choose when my emails and texts are delivered, meaning I can plan in advance when to send important reminders. I am also able to create links to important documents used by the members I advise so they have one place to go for all of the information they need. I recommend MemberPlanet to any organization who needs an effective communication tool for members.

Lisa

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2018

Wish I found this site earlier

You are crazy not to use MP - why in the world would you throw your hard earned money at these other sites who charge ridiculous set up costs and ala carte options? I also found other sites do not give you full control - MP is the real deal

PROS

MP has no limits or rate changes based on the number of members; the ONLY site that allows me to create fully customized paid events with different dining options; don’t be fooled just because it’s an inexpensive site - it is fully loaded with all the bells & whistles of the over priced sites! No hidden costs; no need for costly mandatory training, no set-up fees - this is a turn-key site that you will have up & operating in no time! Superior customer service; members have control over with their own privacy settings. No limits on admins

Greta