What are Ganttic users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ganttic software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to navigate and add users, different formats for each job. User friendly and good tool for the company."
  • icon"Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help."
  • icon"Ganttic is very easy to implement and, likewise, very easy to use too. We have other offices that have used it for a long time and thy are happy with it and referred it to us."
  • icon"Quite hard to learn initially, making it hard for new users without proper introduction."
  • icon"Also, I have trouble with Chrome when accessing it sometimes."
  • icon"No integration to outlook, no real auditting (easily available)."

Browse all Ganttic Reviews

• Have you used Ganttic and would like to share your experience with others?

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Juan Carlos

It is a easy to use platform, fast to open and update.

I prefere no to provide details here.

Pros

Easy to use and access, several users on the same process, excelent to share schedulling. Easy to add resources and filters, new users are easily added as well. Edition rights are very customizable for every user.

Cons

Still trying to master the views specially when you have long list of resources and change the date, you have to scroll down again to find the resource you are interested on.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Juan Carlos! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Just one trick to avoid scrolling would be to use the filtering function and filter out the resource name without scrolling down. I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Industry: Mining & Metals

Ganttic Review

saving time with live updates to the technician workloads and not requiring to send them schedules and amended schedules

Pros

changing required details for large job scales and rescheduling small jobs between technicians

Cons

restricted options in views to see technicians workloads together

Reasons for switching to Ganttic

eliminate the and lost time is sending out constant amended schedules to technicians

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jeremy! Thank you for your feedback. To be honest, I believe that we have the functionality you are looking for: A) For seeing technicians workload together, we would advice to group your technicians with the help of resource custom data fields: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/resources-custom-data-fields B) Maybe you do not have the permissions to see that information? Either way, if something remained confusing, feel free to write us at anytime from info@ganttic.com or book a free demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Replied January 2020

Tanner

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

Pros

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks. - Outstanding customizability. - Super helpful support team. - Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

Cons

- Unattractive UI. - A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Reasons for switching to Ganttic

- Co-Construct built their scheduling software 10 years ago and hasn't changed it since. It was mediocre to start. Since their merger with Builder-Trend, they are trying to build a new system to be release in 2022. We'll see. - Google calendar isn't really designed for project scheduling. - Monday.com's scheduling is in Beta

Gillian

Excellent functionality, but many bugs and no integration

I can't find any other software like it - it provides a truly unique functionality. Although we will only use it in the short term for main project planning because of the lack of integration, this will become a go-to for me for side initiatives and personal projects.

Pros

I love the flexibility in how I can view the data, and that it all fits in my screen so I can see the whole picture at once. Extremely helpful for planning and team coordination.

Cons

Since this doesn't integrate with Jira, I have to duplicate all work that I do. That is just not sustainable as we scale. There are also quite a few bugs that make it very hard to use until you get used to a bunch of workarounds, and it slows down usage so that it takes me longer to make adjustments than it should - although I've noticed several bugs were fixed recently.

Reasons for choosing Ganttic

None had the same functionality of flexible viewing - pivoting by task / project / resource, multiple colour coding options, create views, filtering and grouping, etc. Also every other software I looked at would only present in a classic gantt view where tasks are lined up as the rows, and each one in its own row - taking up a lot of space. Ganttic's view of lining up all tasks for a resource in the same row was completely unique and the only way to see the whole project at once from multiple angles.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the feedback! There's no direct connection with Jira but since our user-base requires integration with various third-party tools we instead offer the API (application programming interface) that allows to build user-defined custom connections with any third-party software: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/api. Due to technical complexity, some bugs can be patched more quickly than others but all of them will be eventually addressed and the reporter will be notified accordingly. Until the bugs are patched, possible workarounds are offered to assure the end-user is still able to use Ganttic in the meanwhile.

Replied March 2021

Jon

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes. One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Kiri

Ganttic Review

Overall good and easy to use

Pros

Visibility of all resources is and able to filter per resource

Cons

The search function is a bit long winded to use - can this be made easier to search within Ganttic

Reasons for switching to Ganttic

Excel continually crashed and with more users was not feasible to continue using it

Response from Ganttic

Hi Kiri! Thank you so much for your feedback. I guess in the beginning our search function might get a bit time to get used with. However, in Ganttic you can filter out almost everything. Thus, there is always this thin line inbetween providing as many functionalities as possible and UX. However, we appreciate your feedback and I will foward this to our team. PS. Attaching a short article about filtering: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/customization/filtering-1 I hope this helps. PPS. If you need additional help you can at any sign up for a demo: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Replied January 2020

THOMAS

Great tool for project management and resource planning

Our planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.

Pros

Great tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.

Cons

The overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic. Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality. To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk. If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Replied November 2018

Vaibhav

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use, functional

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use, MIS, customisation customer support web link could be used from anywhere ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Hi Vaibhav! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Amazing product

We have grown to a size where we have to manage resource allocation across a large number of projects which is really easy with Ganticc thanks to the variety of views and the ability to schedule per project or seeing what’s going on elsewhere

Pros

It was really easy to set up - quick to get going and good help available where needed. I loved the regular emails with tips on how to get the best out of it. I like the various views and the ability to create unlimited guest accounts giving visibility to people across the business

Cons

It can sometimes be a bit clunky to update certain parameters but nothing that can’t be dealt with

Response from Ganttic

Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to turn to us in the future at anytime shall additional questions emerge. Karl

Replied April 2019

Easy to use ERP, cheap and efficient, great to customise to your company needs.

Pros

Easy to use nice task/calendar overview Sharing and app function Customise user rights Customised to with own specifics

Cons

Would be really nice to add files to a task ( pdf, jpg, sheets etc) Would be nice to customise app notifications. Now it's just a on/off function, this leads (in my case) to a notification every time a user as much as views a task.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Chris! Thank you for the feedback you provided. One option to add tasks would be to use the task custom data field (Type: Link) and attach via link the files you need. Karl

Scott

Love Ganttic

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Scott! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

giuseppe

A few thing missing, otherwise great tool

We are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span. While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster. For example: - it is not possible to group one or more tasks of one of more resources and move the group forward or back in the calendar. Moving resources one by one is time-consuming. - if you span a resource task on more than one week the software considers weekend as working time. At the very least it could ask if you want to consider the weekend as working time or not, Or the software could provide a general setting to avoid tasks being spanned over weekends. Going around this problem is time-consuming. - the software does not consider 9-18 (with one our break) workdays. This way, when creating a task that lasts one day, you'll have to manually pick 09.00 as starting time, 18 at closing time and then you have to tweak the effort percentage to show 8 hours of work. You'll understand this is time-consuming too. - The software shows resource overlaps but has not a general setting that allows the user to choice whether time overlaps are actually a good thing or a bad thing. In the second case, a warning could be thrown allowing different projects manager to solve the overlap. This would save time. - Reports have improved but are still quite difficult to read and tweak. - Ganttic lacks a form to allow users to declare how much time they spent on planned tasks, thus automating effort calculation and allowing for better/faster reporting of planned time against effective time. There may be other issues I am not aware of at the moment. Despite that, we still find the software useful and correctly priced.

Pros

It allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.

Cons

Usability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Giuseppe! Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had. 1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations. 2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually. 3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option. I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thomas

Industry: Mining & Metals

Ganttic Review

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource. Does this work for you?

Todd

Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming

After looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update changes from the field and track upcoming operations for schedule conflicts. The easy drag-and-drop nature of re-scheduling allows us to quickly edit projects and have all the connected resources come along for the ride. Having multiple users with various permissions ensures system access to other employees but control of editing to just a handful of administrators. We love the report exporting features as well, to create weekly hand-outs for our scheduling meets.

Pros

Real-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.

Cons

The iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Todd! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.

Valérie

Industry: Civil Engineering

un logiciel simple à utiliser mais d'usage très ciblé

Ganttic nous permet de faire régulièrement le point sur le plan de charges, chantiers traités ou en cours de négociation, ou en cours d'étude, avec affectation des ressources en cours et à venir, cela permet de visualiser les manques ou la suractivité. mais ce logiciel ne permet pas la gestion globale d'un projet, de l'étude à la construction.

Pros

simplicité pour la création des ressources et des projets possibilité de voir une récapitulation par ressources ou par projet la possibilité de mettre des tâches non assignées qui apparaissent au-dessus du planning pour bien les visualiser visualisation efficace avec plages de temps adaptées à notre besoin

Cons

il n'y a pas vraiment de mode d'emploi, donc il faut tatônner pour avancer et paramétrer les plannings, ce n'est pas toujours simple de comprendre comment fonctionnent les différentes fonctions. les impressions se sont améliorées, mais pourraient être plus soignées, avec choix de paramètres, au lieu de s'appuyer sur l'impression du navigateur. c'est un logiciel monotâche qui ne permet pas de gérer autre chose que les ressources, les fonctions de statistiques à partir des plannings sont faibles ou pas expliquées.

Reasons for choosing Ganttic

Ganttic à comblé un besoin que nous avions l'an dernier, mais maintenant nous sommes à la recherche de produits alternatifs apportant plus de fonctions dans la gestion des projets.

Response from Ganttic

Thanks for your feedback! There is a special section of instruction articles on our webpage that covers all the functions of the software. Logical structure, quick topic links and a search function allows the user to find relevant guide materials with just a few clicks: www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features. Ganttic is very dynamic and can be used from simple task management to resource and project portfolio management! However, due to high customisability it is not always that easy to find the features or combinations that support the end-user's scenarios. In these situations we highly recommend to reach out to our product specialists for personalised assistance and advice: support@ganttic.com.

Replied March 2021

Hans

Simple but efficient

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Hans! Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic Hope that helps!

Replied January 2017

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Pros

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

Cons

My biggest frustrations are: 1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. 2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource. 3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

Response from Ganttic

Hi! Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions. 1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work? 2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you? 3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

Jason

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Pros

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

Cons

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jason! Thank you for the feedback. Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day. I hope this helps.

Bruno

Great planification tool

For our activity in construction, our flexibility is a key point. But for this we need an easy planification tool for our ressources (equipments and staff). And thanks to Ganttic we are able to track our ressources per day and to have a better estimation of our needs and that's a great advantage! When we need a new feature, they were able to do modification and propose good evolution and that's really good.

Pros

flexibility in terms of number of users.

Cons

Possibility for each user to save his own modification for the beginning and end date

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bruno! Thank you for the review! We are happy to see that Ganttic gives you the advantage you need! Regarding the con you wrote down, you can check out our helpdesk articles for user rights (administrators can control if a user can edit tasks or not): http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1 and if there's a need, you can change the rights for each project: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/special-permissions

Replied January 2017

Sylvain

Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development

As a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using. Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.

Cons

An API would be great to have.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Sylvain! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.

Rahul

Industry: Graphic Design

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements. I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, price, and functionality

Cons

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Response from Ganttic

Hi Rahul! Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

Brad

Industry: Chemicals

Brad Peters with Fluid Dynamics

We use Ganttic for scheduling our resources. It has become a necessary and vital part of our business operations. We now are able to clearly see any complications in scheduling to meet customers expectations. Ganttic is a valuable tool for our business.

Pros

Ease of use, access through the internet, value

Cons

Insert function not available. To insert a task in an occupied time slot requires all the later task to be moved manually to make room for the insert. Would be desirable if later tasks automatically moved to allow for the added task.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Brad! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We will forward this to our development team and will give you heads when we have any development in this regard.

Zhuravlev

Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.

Hundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.

Pros

Ease of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.

Cons

Poor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

Response from Ganttic

Hi Andrey! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.

Robert

Quick and easy - getting things done!

Reduction of communication noise. Easy way to work on a central version of resource schedule.

Pros

We use Ganttic to schedule resources for number of projects (customer site visits). Its super easy to define the projects and add resources. Tool allows you to quickly get things going. Keeping the resource schedule information and ability to share it with customer brought the management of this area to next level. Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.

Cons

Only two - mobile application is not so easy and flexible and there is no UNDO function. Once you delete something you have to do it again or contact support to get it from backup (it works, tested!).

Response from Ganttic

Hi Robert! Thank you for the feedback. Now we have created the UNDO option. I hope this works for you. All the feedback that you can provide is appreciated.

Ganttic