All HoneyBook Reviews

Time used: Unspecified

HoneyBook User Review

Christina

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

17hats was too hard to use and things were getting lost in their many nooks and crannies.

Response from HoneyBook

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Replied September 2019

Ezekiel

May 2022

LocallyHost.Com use of HoneyBook

It enables us to create, send and manage contracts, invoicing and billing like no platform we have ever used

Pros

Easily sending out contracts and enabling the clients to sign them electronically

Cons

The cost of transitions when collecting online payments from clients

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

We used DocuSign for some time and stopped because HoneyBook provides significantly more value

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

We stopped using QuickBooks Online to send out invoices as we couldn't use it to sign documents electronically

Austen

Industry: Computer Networking

December 2022

One Stop Software for Command and Control

Two thumbs up is my overall experience. My suggestions for improvement are minor, and the value added to my business by HoneyBook is well worth the fees.

Pros

The more time I spend with HoneyBook, the more useful features I discover. The invoicing is super simple and straight forward. I like the data organizing for the invoices, which provides and easy platform for invoice management. Project organization with this software is very intuitive and user friendly. I really like how I can upload misc documents, training modules, and even correspondence with vendors/customers.

Cons

Would like to see an upgrade for sorting and filing, such as the option for "tags" on files. The invoicing system is very professional, but a little pricey. I would like to see the "cost" restructured.

Cameron

October 2022

CRM Made Simple, Slick , and Seamless

HoneyBook truly helped me "level up" my business in nearly every area. The integrations, automation, templates, and payment processing systems all stand out both to me and my clients.

Pros

HoneyBook's "Pipeline" feature makes tracking inquiries, keeping up with contracting and following up after events nearly effortless. The power to automate these steps in the process while still being able to customize the automation allows me to keep my client interactions prompt, professional, and most importantly - personal. Email reminders keep me on top of my inbox, and templates turn once-tedious processes into a breeze. HoneyBook's client-facing side is deeply customizable and helps me maintain a professional aesthetic even when I'm drowning in the background.

Cons

HoneyBook shines for many industry professionals but isn't without a few details in need of improvement. Uploading files to customize templates can be difficult due to the restrictions placed on file types and sizes. Businesses with more non-traditional models may also find HoneyBook difficult to customize to meet their needs.

Red

Industry: Computer Networking

January 2023

HoneyBook Overall Review

I think for a CRM HoneyBook is quite alright however there are still many competitors out there that do slightly better.

Pros

- It has a wide range of useful features- Secure and customiztible- Integrates well with other services

Cons

- Fees especially for third party countries- Some limited integration issues

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

We we're testing CRM solutions at the time...

December 2022

Bookwork made easy

I am a small business and need a streamlined easy-to-use system for invoicing, this is that system.

Pros

All the tools are easy to navigate, giving you a seamless invoicing system.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I dislike about thi ssoftware.

Bryttney

January 2023

Easy and straightforward

Pros

I like that a portal is created for your guests/customers to log in and view contracts between us. They’re also able to view their account balance or amounts owed to the business.

Cons

I have no cons regarding this software at this time.

Penny

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.

Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them! I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable! HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

The hype & the partnership to the Rising Tide Society.

Shelbye

The easiest way to get paid fast!

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time. 2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know! 3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess. 4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing. 2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

After looking into many different options (I don’t even remember all of them) we chose HoneyBook because of: 1. It’s UX design. It was very easy to navigate and use for both us as the admins and the customer. 2. The process of receiving payments was so simple. 3. The template creation which eliminated customizing every single contract manually. 4. The app!

Stephanie

My favorite CRM ever

I've loved every minute! Even with the few things that I think could be improved on, I think their team is doing an amazing job!

Pros

The best part about HoneyBook is that I'm able to fully customize everything to match my brand's visuals. Everything about this CRM is easy to use. The support team is always incredible if you need help - they're seriously the best around. The community around HB is also amazing. I love how easy it is to go from an inquiry to a booked project with my automated workflows! The newer client portal feature is always a client favorite, too!

Cons

I would love to see a more flexible method for viewing pipelines and tasks. I prefer to view a Kanban-type of pipeline/workflow and tasks. I'd like to be able to click on a workflow and see how many clients/projects I have under it. I also don't like that I can't charge for certain appointment types. I would love to use the scheduling feature for booking mini sessions or other items that I would charge for outside of weddings/brand sessions. It would also be great if certain appointment types could work as lead capture forms (i.e.: when an appointment is booked, a new inquiry is created). For financial tracking, it would be nice to be able to create a recurring expense.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

The community and support team.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

HoneyBook was offering a lifetime membership at the time and I loved their user interface!

Janelle

Organize My Squirrel Brain

Pros

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

I got a referral code and everyone kept telling me how great the customer service was.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook had more features to help me stay organized, email integration etc.

Michelle Simmons

Industry: Photography

The BEST investment for my business

Love love LOVE HoneyBook! I've been using it for several years now, and can't imagine using anything else instead. And their customer service is QUICK and helpful for the few times I haven't been able to figure out how to do something.

Pros

It keeps my business organized and on track! From digital contracts and invoicing, custom brochures and questionnaires, to email tracking and a simple way to see what step I'm at with each project, HoneyBook keeps me on track.

Cons

The worst part about it is getting started, but even THAT is pretty simple with their "concierge service" where you can send them your current forms and they'll digitize them for you!

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Pixifi got the job done but was feeling a bit clunky. HoneyBook does everything they did and MORE. And better still, it LOOKED GOOD. Since switching, I've had quite a few clients tell me that they ended up hiring me BECAUSE everything looked so good, professional, and was easily handled online!

Duane

Honeybook just works!

I am very happy with the software.

Pros

I really like how seamless, intuitive, and robust honeybook is. I like how it keeps me on track and integrates with calendars, emails, and helps my clients stay organized.

Cons

Some of the features I would like to see in the future would be the ability to integrate a "store"-like function directly into the crm. I would like my clients to be able to choose from options that I offer and those choices to become a proposal or invoice.

Reasons for choosing HoneyBook

I liked Honeybook's interface more.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Dj Event Planner was clunky and bloated with features that I never used.

Kristin