What are MaintiMizer users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MaintiMizer software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use and a very helpful service support."
  • icon"It can give you a lot of information and do many things. You do get a lot here and the reports generated have gotten much better."
  • icon"We had the trainer come on site for several days and he worked with all of the users to get them comfortable with the software. This resulted in acceptance by everyone."
  • icon"The receivers are for some odd size paper and are laid out in a way that wastes a lot of paper. Each time we print one we have to take extra steps so it will print in a usable/readable manner."
  • icon"I have had trouble with the software functioning properly from the start."
  • icon"Purchase orders are also laid out poorly and waste paper, why print one page when you can print three, right. Does Ashcom own stock in a paper company."

Browse all MaintiMizer Reviews

• Have you used MaintiMizer and would like to share your experience with others?

A lot of data entry to get started, but well worth it.

Data recording of maintenance and repairs. Tracking of repair parts used and where used. Easy re-ordering of used parts.

Pros

The software is very detail oriented. It tracks employees, parts, and equipment. Very helpful support staff.

Cons

You're not able to attach pictures to SOP's. You can attach them to printout with, but not on, the SOP.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Thanks for the review! We take a lot of pride in the accessibility and friendliness of our support team! They also make a fantastic pot of coffee! We appreciate you voicing your concerns. We're constantly updating and evolving MaintiMizer to be the best possible CMMS on the market. We look forward to growing alongside your business!

Roxy

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

It's the Bread and Butter of Engineering and Maintenance

The value for your money is a selling point because it was more cost effective then other programs. As for customer support I have never heard of a time that we have not been able to get ahold of anyone. The ease of use of this program has a learning curve but once you work with it you will understand how the program works. This program has several features, we use it in Engineering and Maintenance for our preventive maintenance program. It is an excellent reminder on all the things we have to keep in shape around the casino and hotels and the new event center. We also have lots of inventory. We maintain a inventory file. We can search and update parts. We can issue and receive parts. We can print adhesive labels with barcodes for our bins. We have added pictures of our parts. We have inventory reports. We do so many PM so we are able to maintain equipment. We can search and update it. We have created several reports that we use all the time. Right now we are on the cutting edge of rolling out a work order system to the whole casino. It has lots of features, some we use and some we don't. I know that we have our MaintiMizer program running very well. It's a work in progress and you need people to work to keep it that way. And I guess you will have to stay tuned on what else it will brings. We are happy with what we have built in it.

Pros

Its a great reminder of all the things you have to do.

Cons

Importing old program to new program will require work on cleaning up old data.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Roxy thank you so very much for your review of MaintiMizer! We have heard from others that MaintiMizer can be more cost effective then some of our competition and we are thrilled that after that investment you can see a return so quickly! We value our partnership with Mystic Lake and look forward to continuing to grow with your business!

Replied April 2017

Nate

Industry: Printing

Use this program every day at work, frustrating every day.

If you mean Maintimizer then no real benefits, would have rather stayed with the old version.

Pros

Spell check. With the old version only two fields could be used when searching for parts this version allows many fields.

Cons

Where do I start. Not being able to delete or change part numbers is huge, I can see keeping the old numbers for accounting but the stockroom part of the program should allow these functions. When we get rid of a piece of equipment and zero out the inventory and set it to inactive these parts still come up if a zero stock report is ran. Sometimes the parts search does not work. The print part of the program is set for European paper not American so printing is a pain, could have been set for 8X11 which would work for both sizes. Cannot set the number of days to print for receivers, the default is set for the past week but we print for 1 day so we have to change the date each time we print. When the program was set up the date range was set and I was told this could be changed later, when I asked to have it done I was told it would involve a change in the software and we would be charged for this, give me a break. The receivers are for some odd size paper and are laid out in a way that wastes a lot of paper. each time we print one we have to take extra steps so it will print in a usable/readable manner. Purchase orders are also laid out poorly and waste paper, why print one page when you can print three, right. Does Ashcom own stock in a paper company? Have given up on getting any help when we have problems, we just find work arounds. Have not had issues like this with other software I use, so I don't think its me.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Nate, We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your MaintiMizer experience. We've reached out to you and will try everything in our power to remedy this situation. Our support team was recently was on-site at Sheridan Books and the employees attending the training had nothing but positive things to say about MaintiMizer. We know it's impossible to please everyone but we'll still keep trying.

Replied August 2018

Josh

Industry: Plastics

Too powerful for most

overall MaintiMizer works well for us with few issues or glitches

Pros

This has gotten easier to use over the past 13 years that I've used it. It can give you a lot of information and do many things. You do get a lot here and the reports generated have gotten much better. faster too since it's now web-based.

Cons

This is a huge program that does much more than most people need. Since we stopped doing work orders except for PMs. There are some things that it's won't do but maybe on the next version or update they may be included but nothing major. I wish this could be scaled up or down based on the actual features you need.

Reasons for choosing MaintiMizer

this was the system in place when I got here and had features we wanted to use more. However, at this point there is no urgency or desire to change to another system that my be cheaper or more compact.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Josh, We're excited to hear that you've been a MaintiMizer user for over 13 years! For certain tasks or jobs, it can seem like a lot of features are packed in, but we wanted MaintiMizer to be the most comprehensive and powerful CMMS on the market. As we continue to update and develop future versions of MaintiMizer we plan on addressing concerns around its accessibility. We're glad that, overall, you seem happy with MaintiMizer and look forward to working with you for another 13 years. Thanks for taking the time to give MaintiMizer a review. - The MaintiMizer Team

Jake

Industry: Mental Health Care

Quick to respond to issues, feature-rich solution.

Able to monitor and report on maintenance issues easily.

Pros

Multitude of options and features. Support is quick to respond to tickets. Web based portal allows flexibility when logging in from different devices on or off site.

Cons

Mobile platform is not user friendly, MS tablet PCs underwhelming performers. Didn't live up to the hype, ended up moving away from mobile licensing and adopted using the web portal on iPads instead. If an atypical issue was encountered support would sometimes respond along the lines of, "well, it works for everyone else..." Wish the GUI was more modern.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Jake, thanks for taking the time to write a review for MaintiMizer. Glad to see that, overall, you've had a positive experience with our CMMS. The mobile version of MaintiMizer and the GUI of MaintiMizer is something we're continuously improving and tweaking. We'd love to hear more about any atypical issues you may be having. Thanks again, we're looking forward to continuing our relationship with Pine Rest Christian!

Replied July 2018

Decent software, but not as customizable as we need.

Generally it is a way for maintenance related requests to be submitted and completed by users in the organization. It also generates PM schedules and tracks their completion rates which we use to audit our efficiency internally and to our customers.

Pros

Inventory can be maintained and adjusted either by the technician or the administrator. The PM schedule can be set up and maintained fairly easily.

Cons

Once information has been put in, you can't delete it even though it no longer applies. The parts list continues to grow even if one part number is replaced by another.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to review MaintiMIzer! We're glad that you are successfully utilizing our CMMS. We are a little wounded that you didn't find it as customizable as you wanted, we do offer custom programming so we can effectively make MaintiMizer as malleable and versatile as need! I've messaged you my contact info in case custom programming is something you'd be interested in. Happy MaintiMizing!

Replied July 2018

MaintiMizer is a great CMMS.

Cost tracking. Job tickets. Job logs. Maintenance procedures. Great system.

Pros

It has all the features we require and is very easy to use. It's very easy to track how much time/money is spent on an asset to complete cost benefit analysis and figure out what we should fix and what we should replace. All of our staff (technical and non-technical) can easily use the software. Their technical staff is very nice to work with. They know us by name.

Cons

MaintiMizer has grown over the years. We've had issues with it, but their staff have helped us very quickly. The current version has no issues for us.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Thanks for the review! We're very excited to see that you are loving MaintiMizer! We love it too! One of our employees has even got the MaintiMizer logo tattooed! (Not really, but everybody in the office wants him to do it. C'mon Matt, it'll look cool.) Thanks for MaintiMizing!

Replied July 2018

I found it fairly easy to navigate the system

Pros

It is easy to understand. Fairly simple to add data. Navigating within the system is simple. The clarity of roles and role rights is helpful. As long as the system is set up correctly initially it is a great tool.

Cons

It can be a little tedious to make changes. If the initial setup was not done properly it can be difficult to navigate some of the information previously entered. On the plus side Ashcom will assist with making changes.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

We appreciate you taking time to give MaintiMizer a review! We're glad to hear that you are finding MaintiMizer easy to use and our support staff helpful! One of our points of emphasis as a company is to make sure that our user experience is as pleasant as possible, which is why we focus on those two areas so intently. Thanks again and happy MaintiMizing!

Shelley

I've used Maintimizer for 26 years and we currently are using the web version

It's ran our preventive maintenance and work orders for the past 26 years and I've enjoyed using it and being the administrator of the program.

Pros

The affordability of this product is great. Our company is soon changing to a new CMMS system but from what I've seen it does not do much more than Maintimizer and it's much more costly

Cons

I think that the customer support could be a lot better and online training via webinar would make training easier and more affordable.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Thanks for the review Shelley! We're sad to hear that your company has decided to move in a different direction, but we've truly enjoyed working with you over the years. It sounds like it's out of your hands but if there's anything we can do to improve your experience with MaintiMizer we'd be happy to help! Thanks for MaintiMizing and good luck going forward!

Maintimizer manipulation

We have thousands of pieces of equipment ranging from facility related to factory machines. The system tracks our PM status, maintains inventory levels and alerts us to when we need to order parts based on a minimum level.

Pros

Inventory tracking and work order/PM tracking is pretty straight forward.

Cons

Once data is entered for a specific machine or inventory item you're stuck with it. It is written in sequel server so you can't change anything is certain areas. If a person leaves the organization you are stuck with their records permanently. The same thing applies to machinery. If you update anything, the old parts are still listed as valid components.

Reasons for choosing MaintiMizer

Cost.

Benjamin

Plant Engineer

Our company has been using the Web Edition of Maintimizer for several years. Our experience has been very positive. So positive we rolled out the system to all of our PA and NY operations. The system has improved our operations up-time by 10% on average. The asset tracking has helped us make smarter decisions on replacing equipment. Our maintenance mangers use the system every day for tracking work orders, purchase orders and preventive maintenance. Hands down purchasing Maintimizer has been one of the best decisions we have made in software over the last 10 years. The ASHCOM support staff are great to work with. We have not needed much support but when we did the team at ASHCOM worked though the challenge and helped resolve the issue. Why did I choose Maintimizer over the other systems available? Because I liked the format of the system and the dash board was simple and user friendly. Any PC skill level can understand and use the system. If you are a company looking for a simple and accurate computerized maintenance management system, then Maintimizer is a smart investment.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Report Query are a little hard to understand. I wish project tracking had more functionality.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Ben thank you for your review of MaintiMizer! We appreciate the feedback on our Support Dept and you explaining exactly why you chose MaintiMizer! We will take your advice on enhancements as well! Thanks again!

Very long term

I have been using maintimizer since 1999 , I would be your best salesman as I have been using maintimizer for 17yrs (used a competitor product for a time but actually came backto maintimizer which should speak volumes on how good the maintenence tracking and inventory etc. Is )

Pros

Hard to pick what part I like the best, but I would say its completeness it seems that most of anything has been thought of and it's easy to use

Cons

Have a limited number of logins for my compan ( this is understood and agreed )my point is that I have a PC which would be my seat I also have two tablets I am the same person logged into doth so that counts as 2, I believe wholeheartedly this should be counted as one seat that I am only using one person this seat, but I understand it is a small point

Response from Ashcom Technologies

John thank you so much for your review of MaintiMizer! We have enjoyed working with you very much over the years! We are very glad you came back to MaintiMizer! We understand some companies make decisions for our clients and they are forced to use something else but we are very glad you were able to come back as this happens more often then you would think! We are always welcoming to our clients when they return! We are also looking into improving our licensing for our Mobile product and really appreciate your feedback!

Todd

Industry: Semiconductors

Entering WO's into system, and giving out Pm 's to Techs on a daily basis.

ease of knowing what you put in comes out the way it should

Pros

Pros: easy to use once you put in the right info (easier to search for) parent, and division with in each building. Cons: PM dates are wrong when in search/update, you must go though the WO's to seek. and it does not talk to any other software like Outlook to auto input into system.

Cons

PM dates or craft, does not show right date or who (craft) is doing WO at a glance, on search / update screen. (we use the Craft as each tech) Also auto E-mail function does not work to show when each WO is in process and or complete it said dept needs to know.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Todd, thanks for reviewing! We're happy to see that you agree MaintiMizer is a breeze to use! We're continuously trying to add new features and integrations to MaintiMizer so stay tuned for that! As far as your PM dates being wrong, that may be an issue with how you've entered your information. Our support team would be more than happy to help! I've sent you a message so we can get started on finding you a solution. Happy MaintiMizing Todd! It's been great working with you and Tosoh Quartz over the years!

Jose

Industry: Farming

The program that every company must have

Pros

It is very effective in regard to summarize the costs of assets to carry out a record for each unit. It also measures the effectiveness of each individual employee. With regard to the inventory, I like very much because it is carried out in actual inventory. Personally, I work in the following way. The employee has your mailbox where you leave the work order assigned to the employee recognizes the work to run it. When the job is drafted by the parties on the same sheet and closes in the program leaving in record expenses for work and the deduction of parts.

Cons

On rare occasions the server slow.If you are going to print a work order should mark that order has already been printed for your compliance as soon as lead and not print record repeated.

Response from Steve

Thanks for the detailed review Jose! We’re glad to hear that you’re able to effectively measure organizational value with MaintiMizer. Our dedicated team is available for custom programming if you’re interested in pursuing business specific requests.

Doug

Industry: Chemicals

Our experience with the software has been fantastic, a lot of that was because of the training we received and the support we got from MaintiMizer during the start up and in the first month of use.

Pros

Training and follow up support, were two of the keys to our successful use of the product. We had the trainer come on site for several days and he worked with all of the users to get them comfortable with the software. This resulted in acceptance by everyone. The product allowed the various crews on different schedules to make and leave notes on the status of various tasks and repairs being made on different pieces of equipment. We are a 24/7 facility so the ability to allow cross shift communication and the ability to allow everyone to see the status of a repair has been very valuable.

Cons

The only problem we found is that we could not link MaintiMizer in with our lock out tag out program.

Louis

Industry: Food Production

Maintimizer

The product works and is reliable. It just seems to take our primary user more time than it should to do daily tasks.

Pros

We migrated from the Maintimizer on-premises version to the cloud version and are very happy with the administration and availability of the product.

Cons

The product seems cumbersome. We have lots of parts and processes and it would be nice if there was a way to tag parts as "favorites" for items we use a lot. This would move those items to a filtered dispaly. Also when performing frequent tasks, if the user could setup an express version with default answers to certain fields. These fields would be defined by the user with the default response.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Louis, We appreciate you taking the time to review MaintiMizer. Glad to hear that you're happy with the cloud version! We loved your suggestions on ways to improve MaintiMizer and we've forwarded your review to our Development Team. Thanks for being a MaintiMizer user! - The MaintiMizer Team

Replied August 2020

Simple system, customer service is good. Does what most people look for in a system.

Pros

In my career, I've used everything from big budget CMMS software to homemade Access-based systems. This software does what most people require from a CMMS system at a reasonable price. Service and communication from Ashcom are excellent.

Cons

Some features of the software are a little difficult to use or require a few extra steps to complete, such as work order assignment. Some things that you only use on occasion are hard to find.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to review MaintiMizer! We're glad to hear that our CMMS compares well to other big named software, at a competitive price to boot! To address your concerns about being able to find features, we do realize that due to our system's many capabilities that sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of everything MaintiMizer can do. Luckily, our support team is available and happy to help you through any issue, even if it's just finding a better way to navigate a menu. Thanks for using MaintiMizer Michael!

Kensei

many features,

Pros

has many options like keeping time, cost center, parts lists, parts orders, communicating, preventative maintenance.

Cons

only works in industry is everyone utilizes it. if your administrator doesn't allow certain options, its kind of pointless. if no one else is using it to communicate, then you're not using to it to its full potential. don't think only one person and use it and that's fine, unless you work by yourself

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Kensei, Thanks for taking the time to review MaintiMizer! We're glad that you've been able to take advantage of a lot of our favorite features. We encourage all MaintiMizer users to work as a team to maximize its potential and we strongly believe that MaintiMizer can be the glue that holds a maintenance team together. Just a note, user roles and rights can always be changed, and we'd love to help your admins better equip your maintenance team. - The MaintiMizer Team

Nelson

Industry: Printing

basically I'm only using the system for parts information.

freedom from a card index.

Pros

easy to find parts location, usually you put in a part number and it gives me a parts location. i also like the PM scheduling side and the ability for it let us know what reports are due and when..

Cons

when using an old outdated part number it would be nice if the old part number that was moved to the description side when the new part number added could be found in the text by only inputting in the the new part number in the part number spot. i know it can looked in the description section, but is a lot of extra key strokes.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Thanks for the review Nelson! We're excited to hear that MaintiMizer is working well for what you need it to do! Our support staff is well-versed in finding shortcuts through the software. We'd love to try and help you find a more efficient solution to your process. Thanks again Nelson, happy MaintiMizing!

LaVerne

Clas room , hands on training is the best way to learn the system. The manual is not very good

It keeps track of all my inventory and the tool rooms inventory. I have just started to get into the P.M.'s and really having trouble understanding what is in the manual. The manual is not written for a person that has never used the system before. It could be more user friendly.

Pros

Easy search and save options. Customer support and all the Maintimizer staff are nice and easy to communicate with.

Cons

You do not make it easy to correct an item or remove an item if a mistake was made entering. That is one thing that I would like to see changed in the future.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

LaVerne, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We're glad that, overall, you're having success with MaintiMizer. Regarding your concerns about removing an item from MaintiMizer, it's intentionally difficult to do because we want to avoid any accidental deletion of integral company records. A lot of MaintiMizer systems are accessed by many employees with many different roles, this helps to avoid any critical errors. Thanks again for the review LaVerne! Please feel free to reach out if you'd like to learn more about how to fully utilize MaintiMizer.

zackery

Increased productivity

Pros

What i like the most about this software is the time that it has saved me when generating work orders. I am able to print or email them in a batch format that helps me get this done and move on to the next project of the day

Cons

A few things that i do not like is the search feature that you have to use to find something. It is a little more complicated than it needs to be. Also closing a batch of work orders was a learning curve at first.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Hi Zackery, We like to think MaintiMizer is a boon for productivity and it looks like you think so too! We're always taking user feedback into account and would love to hear ways to improve our search function. Send us a message on our website and we'll pass it along to our App Development Team. Thanks for taking the time to review MaintiMizer! - The MaintiMizer Team

Kimberly

Good experience

We have been able to maintain a great Work Order and Preventive Maintenance program to meet the needs of our company.

Pros

Ability to maintain a history, run reports, create inventory parts lists and locations, create a good Preventive Maintenance program.

Cons

When entering a new part number, it does not prompt you that a part number already exists until after you input all the information, when entering dates they have to be specific example: 10/25/2017, it does not auto correct if you were to put 10/25/17.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Kimberly, thanks so much for taking the time to write MaintiMizer a review! We're glad to see that your organization was able to implement a successful Preventative Maintenance program with MaintiMizer. We look forward to continuing our work with McNaughton & Gunn. It's always a pleasure! Thanks again and Happy MaintiMizing.

Industry: Machinery

good tracking and reminder system.

for this whole 2 years experience with maintimizer software, i find it is value for money versus before, we having a lot of spare part tracking issue example where does the part went to and untraceable machine history to help us defining machine capability. Now we are just following the PM being set earlier and resolving high occurrence machine issue, i seem our machine monthly breakdown record had drop to half comparing to passed.

Pros

The scheduled PM work order generation.

Cons

difficult to grouping the passed PM and work order, it will be great is all the data can be form out a report and list or graph so we able to do analysis discussion easily.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

John thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased to hear your machine monthly breakdown has decreased by 50% thanks to MaintiMizer! We will be contacting you about the report you are looking for!

Replied January 2017

CarolAnne

Industry: Machinery

Lost without MaintiMizer

We have been using MaintiMizer for over 5 years. We absolutely love the software and customer support. The software has amazing features that really make doing my job easy. We love that we can do more than just Inventory Maintaining in the software. We use PM Plan, Equipment Tracking, Input Work Orders, Purchase Orders / Requisitions, Key Inventory, Invoicing and more.

Pros

I love how many different types of things you can do in the software other than just Inventory Management.

Cons

Query Builders.They are helpful and awesome but difficult to use if unfamiliar. It is pretty amazing that you can make any report you desire.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Carol Anne thank you for your review of MaintiMizer! We are glad MaintiMizer can help make your job easier for you! We truly appreciate your continued support of MaintiMizer and Ashcom!

Replied January 2017

Brandon

Happy User

I am a maintenance coordinator for my company. I use Maintimizer every day to write Work Orders and Preventative Maintenance WOs. It is very easy to use and has many other tools that our company is able to use in other departments. I enjoyed the training Ashcom has provided. Overall I am satisfied with this great tool.

Pros

easy to work with

Cons

cant delete equipment no longer in use with out deleting all old records tied to it.

Response from Ashcom Technologies

Brandon thank you for your review of MaintiMizer! Of course the delete feature is there for data integrity but we are looking at added functionality in that area! Thanks again! P.S. We owe you a Tigers game!

MaintiMizer