All ServiceM8 Reviews

Phil

Reviewed August 2016

Great software for the service Industry

I do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market its not perfect and it wont suite everyone but with the way this company has it structured it can cost you nothing to try it for months whereas most only give you 14 days. I reckon if your products good and suites the user it will sell its self and you don't need to force someone into a contract when they may not be ready. Integration with MYOB my current account program is great as it updates my inventory and sales and customer areas so i don't have to do any adjustment. Using bank feeds in MYOB you easily make the invoice as paid and the information is sent back to ServiceM8 tell it the job has been paid. If i add new inventory items in MYOB they appear in ServiceM8 ready to be booked out when the job is finished. ServiceM8 has engaged Strip as a payment gateway for credit card payments, I have only just started to use this feature, my first credit card customer the other day did it online when he received the invoice. The only thing wrong is there appears no way to add on the transaction fee. May need to tweak our charges if lots of customers start taking this method up. Good though as there is on monthly fees only the transaction fee so if its not used these no extra overhead. ServiceM8 has quite a few add-ons some free some for a small charge but very manageable. I'm about to work with their Forms as i am getting a fair amount of compliance reporting jobs now and see that my old paper forms don't cut it time wise. Support from ServiceM8 has always been great, submit a service ticket and the response is very quick compared to others that i can't mention. This is one piece of software I have no problem recommending to anyone in the service or small job area and some larger jobs too.

PROS

There are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8. 1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own. 2/ The ability to customize your invoices and quotes so they are how you like. I do a variety of small installation and service work and i track inventory, now in order to get the job total price i insert items into the invoice and use the free-form details area to wright what was done then when i produce the invoice for the client they see the worded details of what was done ant the total amount owing. Since using ServiceM8 for over a year now it has really changed the way i work with jobs. The fact that ServiceM8 keeps everything for a job with a job for every is going to be fantastic. Only yesterday i had a call from a company i did a quote for just over a year a go, i had marked this quote as unsuccessful, he gave me the quote number put it in the search box and up came the quote, revised the price and re-emailed all in less than 15 minutes. Much better than the old days.

CONS

Probably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month. Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.

Sig

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Horrible Customer Service

Very frustrating!

PROS

Our franchise likes the product. I registered prior to them getting the franchise edition. I'm on the franchise edition and the single subscription. They have ServiceM8 has been double dipping on me since Oct. I've called emailed, chatted and they will not cancel nor would they direct me on how to cancel my single subscription. At least not until yesterday January 28, 2020. Oh but before I could cancel today they billed me again.

CONS

Horrible customer service when it comes to trying to cancel service. No one in chat or by email or phone knows how to cancel their service. I've been reaching out to cancel since Oct. I finally got through to someone yesterday that walked me through settings and said to click the red button. I said what red button? I'm a mobile user and have never used a PC with app. Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service. Cannot report them to the BBB as they are located in Australia -

Hi Sig H. We're sorry to hear of this experience you've had with ServiceM8. For security reasons we can't cancel an account on a customer's behalf; it must be done by you through the secure and structured account cancellation process. We do have a public "How to cancel my account?" article in our Help Centre (https://support.servicem8.com/hc/en-us), but it's clear we let you down in our interactions if we didn't clearly explain the process from the start, direct you toward the help article, and clarify that an account can only be cancelled through the Online Dashboard login, and for this we apologize. If you haven't done so already, please send us an email at support@servicem8.com referencing your cancelled account and we'll be happy to see what we can do about refunding some of these subscription fees. All the best, The ServiceM8 Team

Replied February 2020

Matthew

Reviewed April 2023

6 months later and still can't track job time or travel time.

Disappointing at best.

PROS

Worked for a little whileease of use when working

CONS

No customer service numberSupport is extremely poor and slowThey try to direct you to external support people who charge for their service

Reason for choosing ServiceM8

On paper seemed to fit the profile of what i needed. In practice, is a very poorly supported and executed software with very low level support, poor customer service, can be extremely slow at fixed issues (currently been waiting 6 months for job auto time tracking to work.

Derrick

Reviewed October 2019

Great Software

Great software , I have not had any real problems

PROS

The software has a lot of hidden things that are untapped like location of techs, signature, photos, tells you when to leave to arrive at your next appointment on time

CONS

Not been able to talk to tech support everything is done via chat which can be a pain, the suggestion needs to be where you can more than 3 suggestions

Reason for choosing ServiceM8

The layout and customizations

Reasons for switching to ServiceM8

Couldn’t customize it and the price

Patrick

Reviewed August 2016

This product saved our Business from going crazy

I love ServiceM8. I am the owner of a Irrigation Installation and Maintenance Company that service a large number of diverse customers. As my company grew I discovered that small details were slipping through the cracks and we were not delivering the great service that we knew we could. This started us looking for a software product that fit the scale of our business was easy to use and intuitive. We tried 3 platforms that were recommended by friends and all had very high entry prices and were overkill for what we need and worst of all they did not link to our booking software. To say the least it was disappointing. We thought that maybe we were asking to much and that maybe we should settle but then a late night Google search of the "best service business software ever" led us to ServiceM8 and we have never looked back. With in 3 days all of our business was being run through ServiceM8 and at the end of that first week all customer and contact info was imported and set. Service M8 has made our life here at NWIC so much less crazy and so much more organized. Thank you so much for making this product!

PROS

The mapping features amazing. My ability to look over the large service area that we cover and see where jobs are is a great tool for us to improve our routes and become more efficient. This software links flawlessly into my Xero account and make bookkeeping a breeze.

CONS

There appears to be some double entry issues that I wish were improved. When I enter a persons address, name, number as a Job Contact it would be nice to be able to then click a box to have that info transfer to other areas like Billing Contact so I don't have to re enter the same info. (this may be possible already and I just have not learned how to do it)

Alex

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

ServiceM8 is changing my business

I have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented. I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received an email to attend a live demonstration in the apple shop and had a chance to ask questions I left the demonstration convicted that servicem8 was what I needed to get my company back on track. I call several cloud solution company I wanted to get up and running a soon as possible with least amount of work.I went with the one day install and set up I had done most of the basic stuff the implementer gave demotes toons and tanning and help with form development training. Within a week were all used the platform.

PROS

I like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.

CONS

I really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.

Klaus

Reviewed August 2016

Essential to the efficient running of our business

ServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.

PROS

Too many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.

CONS

Not much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.

Andre

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

The Simplicity of ServiceM8

As a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work. The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business. The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.

PROS

- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices. - New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices. - Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job. - Customized document templates. - Being able to send a quote directly via SMS - The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job. - The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.

CONS

- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.

Erik

Amazing service software

Um well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost

PROS

iOS contact integration Qbo 2 way sync Stripe online payments Google? Auto fill for address! Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars Automated messages sent Ability to store files to customers Pay per job created Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares So many good things yet not perfect

CONS

I wish it had or could change the following: Better customer organization And ability to tag customers. Better check In check out feature because often I forget... The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it. Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name. No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.

kristopher

Reviewed October 2023

customer service is awful

not great

PROS

not much the customer service is so unless

CONS

use commusoft the service m8 customer service will cost you money on your customer

Reasons for switching to ServiceM8

customer service

Nick

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months of invoices. I had my accountant assist me setting up Xero. All was more or less working, but I had big issues with the bank feeds, especially PayPal, basically I got a huge mess, then I wiped it all out to start again, and got much the same mess again. Frustrated, I went back to my good old trusty Cashflow Manager program and did the whole set of books for the entire financial year to date (and 2 BAS statements) in an afternoon. So I have ditched the Xero-ServiceM8 sync, and am now going to use ServiceM8 with Cashflow Manager manually. None of this is in any ServiceM8's fault, Its either mine or Xero's, probably a bit of both. Basically I will maintain my books in Cashflow Manager, do the invoices and job tracking in ServiceM8, and then manually enter the payments into Cashflow Manager, much like I used to. A nuisance, but not a big deal. As for ServiceM8, I have only really started exploring it and using it the last few days. I have been trying to for ages, but either forget, or left my iPad at home. I have learnt a lot about it in the last few days. I have looked at the competition, but most of them (at a similar price point at least) had apps that don't work offline. ServiceM8 will work without an internet connection (with some features not working naturally), so it was the obvious choice for me in a rural area with poor telecommunications. So far, it seems to work well, is easy to use, the app is fast, and the website seems fast enough on the odd occasion I have used it on a decent internet connection. Just now (a public holiday) i got a response (and solution) from their support in 14mins. That is my first contact with them. It is quite cheap and I feel that it is quite a good fit for my business. But it will only work as well as you make it, and you will have to put some time into learning it and incorporating it into your daily routine. I highly recommend giving it a shot to all small service businesses that are struggling to manage their jobs, invoices etc. Bonus points if you can start using it before you get overwhelmed by work.

PROS

Works offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.

CONS

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Ian

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

ServiceM8 is Gold

We have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.

PROS

with little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.

CONS

limited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line) Is only available on IOS platform.

Hamlet

Reviewed February 2017

Best CRM for Startup Companies

When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice. ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add. The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup. The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works. They have an iPhone and an iPad app. They allow for a lot of customization. They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.

PROS

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

CONS

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

Dan

Easy job management software

We were looking for a way to ensure that info about a new enquiry was safely logged, ServiceM8 does this and allows anyone on the team to add more details, log time spent on jobs and so on. We are now much less likely to miss out invoicing opportunities for "when you're passing" or "can you just" type jobs that really should be charged for.

PROS

It provides a central record for everyone on the team, so if in doubt, stick it with the job (or client) record then nothing gets lost. It's cloud based, so no more server worries. It integrates with Xero. The support team are fast to respond and helpful.

CONS

Trying to make our own forms :( No standard mark-up available for quoting Quoting system doesn't really work for us

Aaron

Reviewed February 2017

I'm blown away by how simple Servicem8 makes it to run a small business

I've been using Servicem8 for several years now for my small painting company. By far the most beneficial part is using Servicem8 quote templates, by doing so I've reduced quoting times down from 30+ minutes to only 3 or 4. Invoicing times are way down too. The ability to add a "request a quote" link to my Facebook page and website is amazing and simple. I am now starting a referral program and its been bugging me as to how I was going to track where new clients came from, but sure enough Servicem8 have this all covered. None of this would've been possible if it wasn't for the continuos help from the Customer Support team. Now that I'm using Servicm8 for my company I feel the only thing stopping my business from becoming a much bigger business is me.

Lucy

Reviewed August 2016

Turned my business from an invoice mess to huge profits

We've been using Servicem8 for a couple of years. Before this, invoices where paper or done as a collaborative effort between the tradies on the road and admin. Now the guys are at the job, take photos and invoice on the spot. Out arrears has fallen dramatically, our referrals have tripled and our accountability and customer satisfaction are unrivalled.

PROS

The fact that it is so simple to use. People with zero computer skills can log what work has been done, photograph it and create invoices.

CONS

It doesn't have an app for android.

Thanks Lucy! Really great to hear that ServiceM8 is helping your business. We have some exciting stuff coming soon to help improve your customer communication even further!

Replied August 2016