ServiceTrade Software Reviews

ServiceTrade Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"User friendly - a tutorial and a few times using it and usage becomes smooth. We also love the support team."
  • icon"I like that it is easy to use, and I am able to find what I am looking for very quickly."
  • icon"I enjoy the ease of use and organization it lends itself to, by being paper free."
  • icon"Sometimes the system has some lag time and trouble uploading some of the paperwork."
  • icon"Not much to say here but that it is not designed specifically for fire protection companies so we had to customize to our processes."
  • icon"There are a lot of companies out there trying to solve the same problems."

Browse all ServiceTrade Reviews

• Have you used ServiceTrade and would like to share your experience with others?

Joshua

Industry: Facilities Services

The wind beneath my wings

Clarity in scheduling multiple technicians for multiple stops each and every day. Data and information easily accessible for planning, business development, and more.

Pros

ServiceTrade has been a joy to implement and use everyday. The dev team, and everyone at ServiceTrade, have been absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend this solution enough. From day one, we had no half measures. We jumped in both feet and never looked back. The scheduling makes planning our technicians days straightforward and clear. I could ramble on for hours about how much I love the search functionality, and the data you can quickly get to really get down into the nitty gritty of whatever you're looking for. To my experience, any software that claims to do everything, does nothing well. ServiceTrade is near perfectly optimized for the scope it encompasses. Features are being added all the time, and the dev team are always enthusiastic. I foresee this product getting lots of love for years and years to come. This product only gets better and better. Third party integrations have been a breeze, and a staggering amount of third party applications are available.

Cons

Only a couple items come to mind, none are deal breakers. A general timeclock for tracking daily general time would be helpful, however we've found a small third party solution for this. Ability to add non-billable appointments and vendor stops would also be nice, and again not a huge deal. A great unification of built-in app and web features would be a great quality of life improvement, however I have a feeling those sneaky devs are up to something already... they always are.

Nicholas

ServiceTrade Has Transformed Our Business

Before using ServiceTrade we were using emailing of PDF forms on iPads to manage all our of jobs. Having ServiceTrade took our business to a whole new level and allowed us to expand into multiple offices.

Pros

ServiceTrade has a great product that is intuitive to use. Since we subscribed 4 years ago they have continued to expand on the capabilities with updates to the software every 2-4 weeks. They are very responsive to requests for features and the customer support is super friendly and helpful. They integrate with key software companies to expand their functionality (like Intacct and Quickbooks) and they have a great API and integration with Zapier.

Cons

I hope they can continue to accelerate the addition of new features. There are a lot of companies out there trying to solve the same problems. I haven't seen anyone providing better value yet but I hope ServiceTrade stays ahead of the competition because whoever has the best software to manage their business will hold a significant advantage int he marketplace and we would like to stay with ServiceTrade. Switching software is a pain!

Reasons for choosing ServiceTrade

We started an implementation with ServiceMax and it was a horrible experience. The software was overly complicated and they outsourced the implementation to a 3rd party that was inexperienced and didn't understand our business.

September 2022

Don't trust this software with your business's vital processes

We used ServiceTrade for over 6 years for all aspects of our fire alarm business. It was a great software at the beginning. That being said, they have made too many updates that were not properly tested, and the end result is a software that just doesn't work anymore. They are no longer a high quality product, but continue to charge as if they were. If you use ServiceTrade for all of your business's processes- installation, work order tracking, recurring service work, invoicing, profitability tracking, timecards, inventory management- you will be extremely disappointed in the result.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Your field staff will like the UI- either through the cell phone or a tablet. Very customer friendly. Automated emails with custom links is terrific. Overall their product looks great on the surface, and the presentation is top notch.

Cons

This software is EXPENSIVE. There are much more cost efficient alternatives that perform just as well. Major updates are frequently rolled out without notice, and have a huge impact on your processes. Each update results in more bugs, and have a cumulative negative result on the performance of the software. Updates also effect the app, so field staff are constantly having issues, and have to delete/reinstall the software. Data is extremely difficult to mine (and yes, it costs extra to access that data). Determining how your techs perform, gross profit for projects, sales numbers are almost impossible to gather, and is often inaccurate once you figure out how to run the report. This software does not handle different tax rates, and will result in you charging the wrong rates to your customers, costing you money. Every feature costs more money- and the features frequently do not work as intended. (Timecards, recurring invoicing are major disappointments)

Reasons for choosing ServiceTrade

When we originally chose ServiceTrade, there weren't that many competitors offering what they did. Today, that is no longer the case. There are several other products to choose from, with different price points that make way more sense than ServiceTrade.

Eric

Beat the billion dollar bullies

I love all the problems this software was able to solve. I am secure in knowing that customer service will always take care of my issues. I love the fact that training is available as well as a well-regulated wiki.

Pros

The customer service and the company that designs and runs the software. I love the fact that I was able to go paperless.

Cons

Like any complex software, there is a learning curve when implementing. Also, buying this software does not address every aspect of running a service business. For example, live messaging or phone service.

Reasons for choosing ServiceTrade

I had a really hard time implementing Field Service Management. Also, when I spoke to their customer support team, I soon realized that, even as a novice, I knew more about how software is supposed to work than the support team did. It was really frustrating.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

The customer service, the ease of use, the ease of implementation

Tyler

Service Trade has really helped our company with scheduling and invoicing

Very happy with how ServiceTrade has helped our business.

Pros

Ability to set up reoccurring events easily.

Cons

The ability to create more information for jobs that have multiple billings through customer previous billings page. Currently, the customers previous billings have a job type but when it comes to repairs, the ability to sort through more details on the customer page without having to click each prior job would be really helpful

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

Ability of the software to conform to PDF files that we up load.

Wileen

Very helpful sales and management tool for Service Company

I like that you can have multiple tabs open for convenience and multi tasking

Pros

I like that everything is so user friendly and you can pretty much figure out what you need to do if you weren't exactly trained to do it. Everything is laid out so well and it is so easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

I do not like that if you reject repair quotes that the deficiencies come back in the system to be quote. I would like a way to comment on deficiencies and have an option to reject repair quotes with deficiencies attached with out them coming back into the system. Perhaps to mark them as Fixed, Compliant, Another Company Handled, Non-Issue, ETC.

Kyle

Game changing application for us

Wonderful - great product and people!

Pros

We appreciate everything about the app as it is extremely useful across all functions and divisions. We have seen significant gains since implementation.

Cons

There are minor portions of functionality that I wish was included however, they are 'wish list items' that get included as time passes.

George

Industry: Facilities Services

Service Trade has allowed our company to go to the next level

Pros

This software allows for ease of customer database management. I like that I can store pictures and comments while doing a survey

Cons

I would like to see more features geared towards sales procedures (follow up reminders, call logs, etc.) I would like to be able to port survey pictures to a quote.

William

Industry: Public Safety

December 2021

Pros

Ease of use and its capability to do what we need.

Cons

I would like to be able to drag and move jobs on the calendar.

Reasons for switching to ServiceTrade

Needed something more up to date.

Response from ServiceTrade

Thanks for the review, William! You can drag and move jobs on a calendar using our dispatch board. Check out this help article: https://support.servicetrade.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500003946781-Using-the-Dispatch-Board Reach out to your account manager if you need any additional help. Thanks again!

Replied December 2021

Great software

Ease of communication between office and mobile technicians

Pros

Ease of use, features offered, always improving.

Cons

Visibility. Some features could be better viewed with an overview dashboard effect in mind, so there's less clicking from screen to screen.

Glad we made the switch

Customer service is located here in the US, so I actually get someone that I can understand. They are super friendly and very helpful .

Pros

This program is so simple to use. We switched from another software that is similar to this one. It was so easy. I have techs that are technically challenged and they can use this out in the field with no problems at all. It also pulls information from Quickbooks so I did not have to completely start over with my customer base.

Cons

We just stated using this, the only thing I see as an issue is that the tech out in the field cannot change or reschedule an appointment, it has to come back to the office.

Sonya

I don't know what I would do without Service Trade!! It makes my job so much easier.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Service Trade!! One of my favorite things is being able to see all of the jobs at one location all on the same screen! That way I can look at all of the jobs & pick which one I want to look at. If it's not the one I need I can go back to the location screen & look at the other jobs. Sometimes I have to look at other jobs to get correct paperwork or pictures. So this feature makes my job a lot easier. I like how we can put helpful or important notes in the description box & it's the first thing you see when you bring the job up. It's such a time saver to be able to look at when the tech's clock in & out of jobs so you can see how long they drove & where on site by looking at the Clock Events quickly. The map on the main screen of the job helps us determine locations & directions. The techs being able upload their required paperwork & pictures at the job site is a life saver! We used to do everything the hard way. Our techs would have to bring the physical paperwork back to the office for us to scan into the computer. And the picture issue was a nightmare trying to get them non-digitally. My job location may be changing & my scared that they are not going to have Service Trade & I will have to go back to the dinosaur ages again to take care of the paperwork & pictures. My job without Service Trade would be miserable!

Cons

I can not hardly think of anything that I don't like about Service Trade! Every once in a while I can see a paper that a tech uploaded, but when you try to open it to the full screen it will just be white & there is no paper, so then I can't save it. And sometimes it will not let you adjust a paper or picture with the dragging the corners feature. But those things only happen like 1 time a month, if that.

ServiceTrade offers everything we need and more.

As a busy Service Company in the HVAC/Refrigeration industry, we have a number of areas within our business. Dispatching new service calls, completing routine scheduled Preventive Maintenance visits, payroll to hours employees, commission to other employees and quoting repairs from both within and out in the field. This software does it all. I went from payroll being a nightmare of hand written time sheets and multiple days of work to running a Clock Event Report from ServiceTrade and having my payroll done in 1-2 hours for an entire weeks worth of work. I particularly like the flow of the quoting and email notifications which keep me informed as the owner even when I am not in my office. My management and supervisors all have the ability to receive those same notifications and are already planning and proceeding with the work before I’ve even returned to my desk/office.

Pros

This software has many different features that help our business daily and combines everything needed in one software. Whether its time clocking for payroll, dispatching, re-curing jobs or quoting there are so many features to this software that continue to streamline our operations. ServiceTrade has a modern day approach to making our service work visible to the customer with pictures/videos all combined within the digital experience that todays customers demand. We struggled with a number of other softwares in the past before finally finding ServiceTrade.

Cons

With any multi-layer software that has many features, it takes time to learn and navigate through everything that it provides. I promise you that once you cross over the initial learning curve, you will be impressed with what this software can do to help all your employee’s jobs and lesson yours as business owners.

September 2016

Service Trade absolutely revolutionized our business. It is amazing.

Our company went from a literal shoe box full of index cards to Service Trade. It was such an abrupt jump in technology our heads were left spinning. There are so many benefits to using Service Trade that it is difficult to lay them all out. The best way to describe it this. If our company were a car, we went from square wheels to round wheels. Everything just runs smoother and almost all our information is accessible from anywhere.

Pros

Service Trade understands the needs of service contractors today. Many of us (contractors) are simply not plugged in to the highly valuable technology platforms that we desperately need to compete in the service industry. They have assembled a software platform that is easy to use, easy to learn and yet, provides AMAZING tools that most service companies and contractors could never conceptualize, let alone build, implement and support. They are accessible and interested in my success as a contractor.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about Service Trade. If I were talking to a friend about Service Trade, I would say that some of my employees faced a bit of a leaning curve to get through. One cannot simply sign up and never work again. They offer live human U.S. based training (a deal sealer for me), training videos, a trouble ticket system, on screen walk through and a growing knowledge center. Like any cutting edge technology, it is exciting to learn, and WELL worth the effort.

Response from ServiceTrade

David, Thank you for sharing your story. I'll make sure that our services team know that they've made a different for your staff. We're happy to be your partner! -- Shelley

Replied September 2016

Bobby

Industry: Public Safety

I am a technician using ServiceTrade for my daily jobs

It is a great application to use for the service industry and I know that there are still a bunch of small mom and pop places using the good ole pen and pad method for their services. I’ve been recommending this application to these small companies when I service them trying to simplify their lives really.

Pros

I like that we can run everything into and out of ServiceTrade with scheduling the jobs as well as invoicing from that listed job and have everything linked to one system instead Of pulling from everywhere to close out one job. It simplifies the entire process from the admin side. From the technician side, it lays everything out in a systematic fashion. Our jobs are separated by the day and we can attach photos, invoices with job line items, as well as list deficiencies that still remain with photos. Also with the customer being able to have access to it, they are on the same page and know everything that is going on at all times and aren’t kept in the dark.

Cons

The one thing that can improve I would say is when you select map to map ping the location of your jobs. It would be fantatstic to be able to select just a day instead of showing your entire schedule. We drive all over the state as well as surrounding states and to be able to narrow the search to just show what I have tomorrow for example, I could visually see where my jobs are and plan my day accordingly. This one be the greatest improvement to make from a technician standpoint.

LINDA

Saved by Service Trade!

I am solving the problems of scheduling jobs for on time appointments. It was a nightmare before Service Trade. Now, I can schedule jobs and the techs love it. They each have iPads with the Service Trade app on them and we communicate all day instead of waiting for them to return to the office at the end of the day!

Pros

The service and software are perfect for our company and it keeps everyone on schedule.  I like that the techs can look ahead for the week and see where they are working and what jobs they are doing.  Also, I can keep up with where they are located and how they are doing time wise.   If I need to add another job while the tech is in the field, I can. I can update my customers by calling a customer to inform them that the tech will be early or late to the appointment because I can see where they are located and how long they have been on the job. I don't know how we survived without Service Trade!!  They saved us!! Thank you!!

Cons

I only have one complaint about the software and that is when I need to reschedule a job from one week to the other, I can't do it without going in the job and making the change. I would love to be able to move the jobs in the scheduling area where you just click and drag the job to the next day! I've asked Service Trade about this idea...I'm sure they will have it at some point!

Crystal