What are Whip Around users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Whip Around software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use and functionality are the top things we love about Whip Around."
  • icon"Rapid customer support responses. Ease of updating our vehicle/driver information on our account."
  • icon"I liked the ease of use and the quick answers to my questions from the support staff."
  • icon"Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it."
  • icon"I hate that I didn't know this product was out here before now."
  • icon"In order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units."

Browse all Whip Around Reviews

• Have you used Whip Around and would like to share your experience with others?

Scott

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Ease of conformity

Peter

Industry: Oil & Energy

All in one Fleet management System

Pros

Right from the start i found this software easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to maintain. It takes alot of the hassle out of Fleet management for the managers as well as the drivers. With the recent addition of the Maintenance section, we've been able to keep better track of upcoming services and certifications resulting in less down time for the fleet.

Cons

Customization of the reports would be a benefit as well as being able to assign annual inspection dates, for CVIP or other certifications, to vehicles instead of relying on the reminders section. having it auto populate in the maintenance section when due.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Its user friendly interface and mobile monitoring functionality made it a clear choice. The exceptional customer service goes along way as well.

Overall a great software

Much easier to track and share inspections

Pros

Creating Faults to track repairs and being able to assign to mechanic to be signed off on once repaired.

Cons

I would like to see some user/driver based forms. ie: Payroll Entry, Time Off Requests, Parts Requests, etc.

Pricing and capabilities

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

Pricing and capabilities

Cassandra

What I wish it had

Its great for pretrips but other than that trying to use anything else I have struggled with bugs or just a release of the feature to early to where it really needed more thought and development. I hope to see some corrections of the current features to make it more used friendly on all platforms.

Pros

The inspections tab works great its user friendly on both driver and mechanic side and I don't have any issues there.

Cons

1) I wish you could make assets available to more than one group. I want to separate my mechanics and drivers since they have separate forms but I would then have to have 2 of every asset making me pay double. 2) I wish you could achieve vehicles. We have had trucks get totaled and we have to keep pretrips for records but we don't need to keep paying for the asset to be active when we don't have it any more. 3) I wish the phone app was more comparable to the computer. There is so much you cant get to or navigate on the phone and it makes it hard when you out in the shop trying to look through inspections and work orders of the truck you are trying to repair. The app overall is just not user friendly for mechanics which makes it hard to teach them to use it. 4) This would be a great tool for mechanic shops if you found a way to make a customer asset for vehicles not owned by the company.

Glenn

April 2022

GlennM

The online help is very quick and useful when training new admin users.

Pros

Ease of creating forms that include photos to be input by drivers. Easy for drivers learn to use right away.

Cons

having to create a 'team' for each driver/asset.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Ease of use by drivers and admin staff. Effectiveness of reporting to admin.

Robin

Simplified our lives!

We use Whip Around for our fleet of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation vehicles. We need to be in compliance with state and federal regulations on par with ambulances. Whip Around keeps our vehicles properly inspected by drivers, and stocked with all the required equipment at all times.

Pros

The ability to track the needs of our drivers without trying to track a flood of emails was a huge draw. The new dashboard tells us everything that needs to be addressed at a glance, every day.

Cons

We learned through trial and error that organizing our vehicles by their fleet number made tracking easiest. There is a slight, but manageable learning curve. I suggest creating a "Test Car" profile first and looking over what the vehicle profiles ask for. The more information you put in, the more effective the software becomes.

Whip around is a plus

Pros

It is easy to set up, use and explain. I can easily explain how to use.

Cons

Haven’t found any. Everything seems to work well.

Price and ease of use

Keith

Industry: Translation and Localization

Whiparound

Pros

easily tracks the fleet with photos of failures or damage

Cons

Sometimes does not show drivers the inspection report has posted. leading to drivers having to call dispatch to verify inspection was accepted.

Marc

Simple and effective product

This is the best mobile app based inspection app we've found for our needs. It is very customizable and easy to monitor compliance. They continue to develop new features and their customer support is awesome.

Pros

Easy to setup of customized inspections. Relatively easy management of fleet assets. Easy to track compliance and condition of assets.

Cons

Mobile app is slightly buggy but still performs.

Dayle

MidMountain Contractors

Overall - Whip Around has been extremely user friendly. Set-up was a breeze once we got going & surprisingly I haven't received much grief from the drivers! Win, win for everyone!

Pros

With the integration of Whip Around I no longer have to file PAPER inspections everyday. I can simply log on & check for missing inspections or defects. The mobile app saves us tremendous amounts of time & helps with ease of communication.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this moment.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Pricing & Whip Around seemed more "user friendly".

Josh

The Little App with a Big Time Savings

Its versatile and we are exploring options to eliminate standard paperwork reports where ever we can by using the app.

Pros

The great options for implementation to many users is great feature. With the texting and email of the link to down load app made fleet wide assimilation easier than most other new programs.

Cons

Would love if you could have non-inspections come up on a different reporting system. App could be used for Safety tracking for drivers or vehicles if Accident reports were not treated like regular vehicle inspections.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Due to its user friendly approach so that even the lest computer savvy drivers could use it.

Melinda

Whip Around Works

Great!

Pros

Easy for the drivers to navigate! As a Manager, I like the updates.

Cons

How the timing is set up saying we haven't done our daily whip around, but our driver hasn't left the building yet. We are on Central Time.

Reasons for switching to Whip Around

Cumbersome. Difficult to manage.

Nicholas

Easy navigation and Reliable

So far so great, have been using over a year and great to see the improvements and evolution

Pros

WA is easy to navigate and extremely user friendly. Customer service is also spectacular and always available when needed. It's a very useful tool for fleet management and nice to have a step away from keeping track of paper DVIR's and maintenance with its online and app features.

Cons

Very minimal but some things could be tweaked or more accessible to change on our own.

Jim

DVIR with Whip around

We track our drivers write up daily to keep in compliance with the California BIT Program

Pros

Ease of use, available in Spanish, quick and easy for our driver/operators to adapt to.

Cons

No real strong dislikes, we purchased the program for our drivers could have a paperless write-up system, it did exactly what we wanted it to do.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

we did not look at other products, we felt that whip a round would do what we wanted it to.

Zackary

May 2022

Give it a shot best software I've found so far!!

Whip Around thus far has been a great investment for my company. Customer service is fast and an actual person.

Pros

The software is easy to implement and doesn't take much tech savvy to figure out. You are able to set your maintenance needs and inspection needs. Everything is adjustable to meet your needs.

Cons

Being able to message the drivers. Maybe I don't know how to do it yet. But I would like to be able to set the maintenance needs of that asset and make sure the drivers receive a warning pertaining to just their truck.

March 2022

Whip Around - A valuable Fleet Management tool!

Amazing product and an amazing company. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Whip Around, and their staff were amazing at helping throughout the entire process. From product demonstration all the way through to implementation! This is an outstanding product, with an outstanding support team.

Cons

So far, I have not found any negative aspects about this product to report.

Alicia

July 2022

WhipAround a very dependable application

I have nothing to say but the excellent application and excellent customer service, our agent calls every month to check and see if all is going well and if we need any further assistance.

Pros

We like that we are able to trace any repairs, and maintenance due, and the fact that we get notifications is awesome

Cons

Is not that I like least maybe would be a great idea to add a location when they are doing their inspections

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

due to the overall experience.. no complaints at all.

Christian

Industry: Warehousing

July 2022

Best Vehicle Asset Management/Inspection Application!

We have had faster communication and less down time. An issue gets reported immediately, and we are able to create a work order just as quickly. Before whip around there would be a lag in communication, sometimes over a day or two.

Pros

It digitalized the inspection process and gave easy access and visual management to the whole team.

Cons

It was a bit confusing at first when creating the inspections. But the templates helped alot!

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

I couldn't find any other products that would work well for our specific application.

Cesar

Industry: Building Materials

Your Fleet will cost you money if you do not use Whip Around

The software helps keep my asset service and track the cost of maintenance of assets.

Pros

I like the software's easy way for team members to learn how to do inspections.

Cons

Missing a purchase order form to order and received parts to inventory.

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Price and easy to set up and use.

Jason

Going From Paper to the Cloud

Been completely happy with the whole experience!

Pros

This App was ideal if you're wanting to go to paperless format. We use this for our Pre-trip and Postrip inspections on our trucks. It's easy to set up and use!

Cons

If you live in the rural world with older employees that don't know how to use their phones, it's always a challenge to implement new items/ideas to them! This app was actually easy to use, so teaching our people wasn't as hard as we imagined. They all picked up on it rather easy!

Johanna

Excellent Tool

Love the product. Reasonable price. Excellent time saver and easy record recording. Absolutely love the product!

Pros

I love that this is very easy to use and user friendly. It is quick and easy to update information for our fleet. Everyone learned it very quickly on different skill levels.

Cons

If there could be a "pop up" reminder on the screen that would be amazing. The emails are nice but we get a lot of them daily so they would be easier to find.

Heather

Review of Whip Around

Pros

Easy for drivers, like all the options and custimizations

Cons

Integration and eventually required a contract

Shane

April 2022

Whip around review

Great

Pros

Very easy to use and easy to get help from the app!

Cons

We just started our submission so there is nothing I dislike about it so far!

Where have you been all our life WhipAround?

I think much of this is answered above but I'll try to comment simply here with some bullet points. -improved time management for our mechanics to the tune of 20% -our fleet has stayed moving more regularly due to a streamlined means of communications and necessary repairs. We've gone from being primarily reactive to primarily proactive. In 1 half of our company we've seen an 80% reduction in rental costs and I attribute some of this to the introduction of WhipAround to our fleet of heavy equipment. -We have improved accountability from our driver's. We can now see who is and who isn't following our policies and procedures on a daily basis and take corrective action -In the past we operated off of homegrown spreadsheets and files to hold information about our fleet. Now we are able to have 1 spot to store vehicle/equipment info, photos, reports, faults, repairs, etc. So simple! -Overall, I have and will continue to suggest WhipAround to anyone I associate with as I firmly believe in their product and the support from their team. We at Belknap Landscape Co. honestly couldn't be happier with our relationship

Pros

#1 - customer service and implementation of the software into our organization was amazing. #2 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is number 1 in customer service and attention to our needs and product development thoughts. #3 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took time to fly out to our team to help onboard our drivers into the software and provide a personal approach to the training #4 - the software is SOOO simple to use yet incredibly powerful and valuable in terms of results #5 - our drivers and mechanics now communicate totally differently than they use to in the past. Everything is streamlined and documented #6 - speaking of documentation...gone are the days of carbon copy books and tracking down hand written forms. Our organization has 4 facilities and to transfer information in a time-effective manner was everything but successful. With WhipAround the right people in our company get the information they need instantaneously allowing us to keep the right documents in the right place for legal purposes, allowing our mechanics to respond instantly to the needs of our fleet to keep them going and to effectively schedule the necessary repairs we need to run a profitable business. Everyone in the process of our fleet is accountable to their specific role when using WhipAround. Finally, the folks at WhipAround are all about product development and always open to suggestion/improvement of what they provide for a service which is a huge value add proposition in my book.

Cons

It costs .25 cents more per month per vehicle than the carbon copy book that we used in the past. Just kidding...that's all I've got. We thoroughly enjoy the business relationship we have with the WhipAround team!

Scott

Great product

We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Cons

Have not really found a con as of yet...

Reasons for choosing Whip Around

Price. GoCanvas looked like a good product, however they wanted WAY too much money. They gave us a deep deep discount but we had to make the decision way too soon. And even WITH that discount, Whip Around beat their price. The price is based on how big your fleet is which is MUCH better than the platform GoCanvas has. Our other option was design our own app, which was going to cost us $20k+ and just really wasnt worth the effort.

Response from Whip Around

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Replied May 2019