All Miro Reviews

Jonathan

Design, 10,001+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Andoni

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage. It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas. It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

PROS

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace. I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand. Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile. Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork. In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

CONS

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas. I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro. Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture. I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference. It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Reason for choosing Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Kelly M

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

PROS

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

CONS

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Since using Miro, we are now able to give our clients a clear picture of our overall business strategy using this great tool.

Osmond

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Your Go-To Solution for Visual Collaboration

PROS

I appreciate that Miro allows us to collaborate in real time on a single virtual whiteboard.

CONS

It takes some time to become accustomed to the platform.

Ryan

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

PROS

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

CONS

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Reasons for switching to Miro

This is the software provided for a specific think-tank project

Boryana

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very intuitive, plenty of templates, not just for designers

PROS

More intuitive navigation than other tools. The free version has 3 endless canvases that one can use for as long as they need. There are many great templates. You don't need to be a designer to create esthetic and engagng workshops. The way I have use it has been exactly this - to run brainstorming and feedback sessions and Miro feels like it was designed for exactly this purpose.

CONS

Have not yet found any cons. Nothing to add here.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro was easier to navigate. While Invision is also categorised as collaboration tool, it seemed to be more useful / intutive to designers who have been using this kind of tools even before COVID when we started doing workshops online.

Soon Kit

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

A price friendly workflow management tool

PROS

Very price friendly, good for most users to start using before considering other software

CONS

Some features still in development. but key features are working well in MIRO

Aamir

Reviewed January 2024

Miro Life saver

Overall its too good and most helpful tool to build the milestones

PROS

Its easy to explain to whole team and managers

CONS

Sometimes it takes time to load the whole information if we are on screen sharing.

Vinay

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Best Whiteboard Tool

PROS

Miro is one of the best tools in the market. It's user experience is super cool and it offer lot of amazing features that help me and my team. It has full featured whiteboard. We use it create mind maps , project workflows and other things to boost our revenue and growth.

CONS

Everything is great in miro but it offers only 3 boards on free plan which is little bit upsetting for me. It's free tier is solid but they need to increase the number of boards.

Patrick

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Would recommend

PROS

Easy to visualise complicated workflows and ideas

CONS

Within the notes it does not allow the nicest text editor

Lina

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

One of a kind

PROS

Miro has turned out to be a very important tool when it comes to taking requirement or an idea through the cycle of brainstorming, planning, design, and development. It's easy to collaborate, give, and get feedback. Also great for collaborating

CONS

There is nothing we didn't like about Miro

Jonathan

Reviewed February 2024

Miro is an essential tool!

Miro has been a great tool for system development and brainstoriming with stakeholders from various departments.

PROS

I like how easy miro is to use. It has a great user interface and the integrations with smartsheet and ability to embed pages within boards is a game changer.

CONS

I cant really fault miro to be honest. I would like to have a to do list feature.

Jean-Michel

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to use, feature-rich, responsive, and adaptable to different project typologies

We needed to clarify several ideas, concepts, and operating modes within a team of five people and technical providers. Miro helped us to better communicate the needs and requirements, and to more easily agree on specific goals together.

PROS

It is an easy and smooth tool to get accustomed to. Very useful as a collaboration support, especially during video conferences with remote collaborators.

CONS

The tool is rather expensive. We do not use all of its features, but still have to pay the full price. It's a pity there isn't a lower-priced package with only basic functions.

Veljko

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

PROS

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

CONS

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Trello is pretty limiting in terms of organizing ideas, collecting notes etc - every input has to conform to the column, it has to come in specific order, with only text visible (as far as I know). When collecting inputs, it's important for people to feel unconstrained, and our experience shows that we got much more honest responses via Miro.

Satya

Reviewed July 2021

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

PROS

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

CONS

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Reason for choosing Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

PROS

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do. I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

CONS

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Reasons for switching to Miro

All those apps I used before are just so clunky and restrictive. They are like an old-fashioned schoolteacher that wants you to work in a formal and 'enterprisy' way. No matter that every release that I hoped for some kind of flexibility, but alas, it was not to happen, I gave up on them many times.

Melissa

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

I love how simple it is to onboard my co-workers

From brainstorming to final delivery, Miro has been a great resource for me. The user-friendly design makes this program a breeze to operate. Also, Miro includes a ready-to-use template. Try out as many templates as you can find that are appropriate for your project. It was a breeze to work from home using this app. Integrates well with Jira's templates.

PROS

It's extremely visually appealing! I mostly utilize it to communicate work processes to newly hired employees. It's a terrific approach to show off our tracks and systems without having to go into great depth about how and why they work. Finally, I'll be able to provide an excellent summary that our team may go to for future reference.

CONS

It's more difficult to keep track of and prevent people from making modifications in the incorrect places while working with large teams. It's a little clumsy, and there are a few things that might need more explanation, but once you get the idea of it, it's not too tough.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Whether you're using Windows, Mac, or mobile devices, it's a breeze to set up. The program may be used in a browser without the need to download anything. Annotations and shapes are available on this user-friendly board. They have a lot of options.

Parth

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Miro helping to increase productivity and efficiency

It's a fantastic platform for collaboration amongst many stakeholders, including UX, POs, and many more. It has been tremendously helpful to be able to naturally depict thoughts and concepts and to utilise Miro as a whiteboard for several reasons. Our project management procedures have been made more efficient and streamlined. The collaborative capabilities offered by MIRO, however, allow people of diverse backgrounds to contribute ideas without necessarily speaking out.

PROS

It is fairly easy. It runs well and usually has an understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. We often communicate with our personnel and concerned parties using Miro. Additionally, the frameworks built into the software assist organise meetings more quickly. In addition to allowing you to express your creativity, the vast selection of activity templates, marker colours, custom icons, voting, comments, CMS integration, and document collaboration enables you to run workshops successfully. With the diversity of tools and plugins it supports, Miro can assist you in expressing them. It is also straightforward enough so that you won't feel overwhelmed and can concentrate on your job.

CONS

The projects' lack of organisation is what I detest the most. The search is also not optimal as there is no hierarchy, tiers, folders, etc. The administrative dashboard and user organisation in Miro have also been a problem for me. Although the programme is typically simple to use, I have encountered difficulties navigating it when working with many Miro accounts. However, after showing teams the value of whiteboarding, they frequently become more receptive to it.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Slack was a much more costly and heavy tool for our firm to afford instead Miro is assisting me with every aspect of my work. Miro makes it simple to plan research, analyse it, put plans together, utilise various design frameworks like the Opportunity Solution Tree, and create mockups, so I combined multiple tools I had previously used into one.

Courtney

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

The templates are a great way to get started quickly

Miro facilitates remote collaboration for teams. Having a place where the whole team can get together and discuss how to improve the tools, process, or development is crucial for my organization.

PROS

I enjoy the flexibility of having members of my team work from home and the convenience of being able to brainstorm ideas together. Changes in workflow and process may now be quickly and easily whiteboarded thanks to this helpful program. Miro facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration for ideation, process mapping, and more inside the Marketing department.

CONS

There isn't much about Miro that worries me. I wish we could make our own templates and preserve them. There was also an option we could click to export our Miro creations to Powerpoint. Other than that, it's a great tool that I enjoy using.

Reasons for switching to Miro

In order to better monitor progress and assess where adjustments are necessary, Miro provides features like swimlanes and flochats. Because of how straightforward and easy-to-use this program is, new users can quickly become productive.

Nur