What are Miro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Miro software through verified user reviews

• icon"Clean: just what you need, where you need it. Collaborative: you can easily integrate your teammates."
  • icon"I like that it gives you the freedom to do whatever you like with the space."
  • icon"Good for brainstorming and team working and collaboration and community based."
  • icon"Some interaction design in this software is very difficult to use, specially the font and color. Artboard works in a unique (and bad) way."
  • icon"If you don't lock the sticker or frames, you can mess it up. The copy and paste process for images take so long occasionally."
  • icon"Some of the shortcuts are confusing, but you'll soon get over it."

Browse all Miro Reviews

• Have you used Miro and would like to share your experience with others?

Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards

Harsha

December 2021

Miro is my go to tool for remote brainstorming sessions.

Pros

How responsive the software is for daily use. my whole team loves miro.

Cons

I love every part of this software. there are no cons from my end.

Maszni

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro has a digital whiteboard that we really need to make the online discussion session more meaningful.

Jeremy

Industry: Research

Visual thinking board

I'm a visual thinker, and I couldn't function without a tool like this. I've tried them all and keep coming back to Miro.

Pros

It has all the flexibility I need to lay out my ideas, and progressively develop them. Plus, the community templates are amazingly useful and new contributions keep coming.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed or unimpressed by the visual aesthetic aspect, but this is a very light annoyance.

Reasons for choosing Miro

I was lucky to get an educational licence as a PhD Candidate, which made the choice trivia.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Generally, at some point I get annoyed at some missing feature, or I find myself reproducing a template from the Miro community.

Great idea, convoluted implementation

MURAL is much better, but my team was already using Miro. Will try to switch back MURAL ASAP

Pros

Wide set of features Freemium Model Templates

Cons

Dont have all the Compliance and security certifications needed for my compliance process Support team is not really responsive

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions Slow pace of feature development No offline capabilities

Kenneth

Tracing paper and pen in a virtual environment

With remote working, collaborating on complex design related problems became much more difficult. Screen sharing with snapping images and marking up was a quick fix, however this was slow and a 1-way communication. MIRO solved all of this and became the virtual equivalent of rolling out tracing paper and having a handful of people developing the design simultaneously. I think that it would be useful to enhance the sketching experience further. If there could be a virtual tracing paper with variable opacity to contain (group) a series of sketches similar to a frame this would be useful. This is currently possible with multiple objects but it becomes unwieldy. This would also allow the development of a simple layer system. Partial deletion of a hand drawn line would be really helpful. (I have in mind some of the user-experience of the Procreate sketching iPad app)

Pros

I found MIRO intuitive with no training necessary. You can invite collaborators effortlessly with only browser access required. This has been transformational for me during remote working.

Cons

When boards become large, the download process can be a little slow and it sometimes trips up with downloading the content that is currently in the viewer's screen. This can easily be resolved by archiving and starting a new board. Perhaps an option of local caching some content could be useful.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Ms Whiteboard was glitchy, did not have much rich content, and most critically you cannot see other users' pointer location. Pointer location is absolutely necessary to have a meaningful design discussion.

December 2021

Well designed and easy to use

Pros

Intuitive. Collaboration is very easy. There are some excellant templates for business processes

Cons

Missing some engineering style templates. Lack of integration with Visio. No easy way to import Visio diagrams.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Visio did not provide the collaborative/cloud platform required

An app I've been looking for, modern diagramming done extremely well

I'm a designer by profession and am used to design tools, and this feels like one, but one that is very easy to grasp and seems to know what it is that you want to do. Definitely the diagramming app that I've been looking for the past 2 decades. Thank you Miro team for making this, the other apps before were just so clunky.

Pros

It's very intuitive. It responds in a very fluid and responds in ways that it seems to know what you're trying to do. I've used other diagramming tools for the best part of this century, like Visio, Lucid, Omni, and all of them were just so clunky and restrictive, they have very strict ways of working and are very 'enterprise' orientated, like made for The Office, and so I would use vector apps like Sketch, of Flash (before) in order to make diagrams. But then, I stumbled upon Miro, and it was like dafaq? This is the app I've been looking for, and it worked in ways that

Cons

Honestly, nothing. A few small things, but they that have been ever so slightly irksome that I fail to recall.

Reasons for switching to Miro

All those apps I used before are just so clunky and restrictive. They are like an old-fashioned schoolteacher that wants you to work in a formal and 'enterprisy' way. No matter that every release that I hoped for some kind of flexibility, but alas, it was not to happen, I gave up on them many times.

December 2021

Fantastic option for remote collaboration

Miro has become a critical tool in today's fully remote and hybrid work environments. I highly recommend it to anyone who values working with teams of people, especially where collaboration among the group in visually impactful ways is important. Miro is awesome!

Pros

Miro sets the bar for work collaboration tools in a remote environment. It is intuitive, very easy to use and feature rich. At its most basic level, it is a white-boarding collaboration tool and works excellently as such. Virtual post-it notes, text editing, visual effects, and the ability for multiple users to work in the same space concurrently all make it an outstanding tool. Most users can operate sufficiently in Miro within a few minutes after basic navigation instructions. However, it also has lots of more advanced features that make it powerful for advanced users. I also love the templates that are built into Miro. They are great starting points for collaborating with remote teams.

Cons

Miro has so many features that it can become overwhelming. Basic navigation is simple enough, but there are lots of features that are not as straight-forward. Miro also relies heavily on icons rather than text to indicate what the feature is. These often leave people guessing and it leads to lots of clicking to learn by trial and error. It would be great if Miro had more advanced, guided walk-throughs within the product to train people to be super users.

Cynthia

Now I Can't Live Without It

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Reasons for switching to Miro

I felt like not only did Miro offer mind mapping elements, but in many ways it was easier to use, since I could connect other elements (like stickies, shapes, etc.) to one another easily. There were also so many other features to Miro that simply weren't included in something like MindNode.

Makes Product Management Easy

Pros

I'm using Miro daily to communicate with my stakeholders and my designing team. It gives me to freedom to create simple yet on-point designing choices to create my own workflow and wireframes. Can't live without Miro.

Cons

Sharing is a problematic sometimes, especially stakeholder or a co-worker doesn't have any experience with Miro, so sometimes finding myself to on-board my invited users.

Manabu

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Way to Visually Collaborate and Link to Specific Spots in a Page

We have some basic need to communicate the UI designs in our web-based app we are developing and doing this visually, dynamically across our plant is essential in the speed and accuracy of development as well as having the history as we are in a most highly regulated Healthcare industry.

Pros

We really like the way to visually collaborate among our develop team members. This so far is the most advanced in many drawing type products I have used before. Also enormously powerful is that about any object on the page can have a link. This means that I can pin-point and lead people to the specific spot or from another page when the pages get huge.

Cons

Sometimes the product slows down when we have many objects on the page. The "app" is great, but it is hard to use with multiple oAuth accounts. There seems to be no effortless way of completely logging out of one oAuth account. We had the same issue on our own app we developed, so this is a common issue, but that must be addressed.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Many of our team members liked this better. Adobe XD is an excellent product but exceedingly high learning curve and pricing. We are still and must use all of them, but for team collabs we are happy with Miro.

Miro Rewiev

Despite its price and sometimes the clicking problems, Miro is an application that outweighs its positive features. I think every team should use it and I always recommend it to my friends.

Pros

User-friendly interface, group work, project management, idea evaluation, whiteboard display, drag and drop feature, easy use, large screen, timer, gamified usage can be counted among the advantages of Miro. I love Miro because of these features and we love to use it as a team.

Cons

Premium usage prices are unfortunately not available for every country and sometimes it can cause problems in mouse-touchpad usage. Depending on the internet speed, the page may take time to load.

Richard

Daily Miro user

Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros

It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Reasons for choosing Miro

Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features

Miro's video chat functionality

Betty

A great collaborative tool

Great tool.I like it

Pros

Easy to use especially when you have different ideas that you want to brainstorm on with a team

Cons

It's not very friendly when you are using through web in a phone unless you download the app

Francisco

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Excellent team integration

Pros

mobility, integration with jira, icons and pics. Flow charts in minutes and collab whit all the team members

Cons

Timers, may be in zoom integration use timers by room Integration whit google meets

Reasons for choosing Miro

It is friendly and easy to use whit app and desktop app like web

Online playground for project team collaboration

I use Miro as a member of some projects. It's simplifies collaboration. I wish more of my colleages use it, so I could move most of my work there.

Pros

Miro is an electronic whiteboard from the future. Creating projects, plans, presentations in Miro is fun. With boards templates it takes seconds. Once you started using Miro, you recommend it others.

Cons

I use a free subscription. I could write that I wish I had more options, but it would be not fair. I know if I want my Miro to be 100% perfect I just need to upgrade my subscription.

One stop shop to manage and visualise your workflow

Pros

- Collaboration and sharing capabilities - Ideation / wireframing - Prototyping - Integration with Zoom - Template universe + Miro for startups

Cons

- Nothing. Suits best for my usecase overall

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro is a lot easier and has better prototyping capabilities.

Andoni

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Miro changed the way I do University and Work

Since I use Miro, Teamwork is too easy to manage. It changed the way we share documents, images, sketches and ideas. It is like a real White board where you can embed almost anything and collaboration in real time is such a great feature.

Pros

As an architect I love to have an organized and free Workspace. Miro is that amazing virtual workspace. I like a lot tools like Pen, Frame, Shape, Mind Maps, Kanban, Tables, etc. These tools do their job and are extremely easy to use and undestand. Presentation mode is a pppfff , it´s amazing , I love it, It´s so versatile. Video chat is a great tool, is very important for teamwork. In general, the App is very complete and has a big potential.

Cons

Well, as creative guys, we need many tools to express our ideas. I´d like to see tools like 3D on Miro. Tools related to Interior design, industrial design, architecture. I mean, tools that allow us to create what we´re thinking , what we see on our imagination. Because the creative process is what makes the difference. It comes to mind tools like 3D , complex shapes, to embed VR and AR docs, maps, idk... maybe not a tool but other Apps conected.

Reasons for choosing Miro

Conexion to other apps and the amazing visual workspace :)

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro is extremly beautiful , it is striking; colors, icons, UX and UI. Miro is a complete App and I think the most important thing I considered was the ability to connect with other apps.

Ronald

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO. Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool. I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works. oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Miro has all I want in a single tool: - works online - storage for PNG drawings, like a library - works nice with my pen tablet - wide variety of colors - control over background color and contour color - work with text and geometric figures - connect objects - group elements - fix elements and lock them in the background - my students can write in the board during the class

Satya

Best collaboration tool

Overall experience is great. Even if during this pandemic situation we used this a lot for any kind of discussions or any kind of meetings to clarify the stuff. This is the best tool for IT , Project management as well as Leadership.

Pros

Any Graph or flow chart or anything we wanted to discuss in the team for that Miro board is the best tool. Good for retrospective meetings and share the views with the limited time duration because it has a timer feature that is great. Great inbuild templates available for any kind of flow chart or creating diagram. Great export methods of the dashboards which can be easily shared between the Team. Great feature of Kanban creation. Overall the best tool for collaboration between the team.

Cons

Sometimes while giving tag to the component on the dashboard the name giving feature is not showing up. We need to click so mane times to come up. Limited shapes are available for Diagram. Standardized UML shapes are not available.

Reasons for choosing Miro

Miro is the best product among all these as it is providing inbuilt features to use instantly. It is providing time options to limit the time for a meeting. It is providing a lot of canvas space to draw more wide and descriptive diagram which is really requires for a complex business.

Yann

Industry: Online Media

My go-to tool for brainstorming and planning with a more visual approach

Pros

I have been using Miro for a while, now, and I often find myself recommend it to the people I talk to. The overall platform principle of the infinite canvas is simply genius! You can have as many notes, projects and sketches as you please, all in the same place. Zooming in makes sure that you can see all the key information related to a specific project, while zooming out giving you a bird's eye view on the project itself or even on a more macro level, of the infinite canvas and all the projects in it. In particular, there are two features I like about Miro. Firstly, there are templates. Miro has an always-growing library of templates , which speed up the process of creating a valuable resource for brainstorming, planning or streamlining something, such as a concept map, a Kanban framework, a flowchart, or a customer journey, just to mention a few. You can simply pick a template and decide whether you want to use it blank (so its layout and "pieces of the puzzle" too) or with some actual content in it too. Then, there's the Miro smartphone app feature of the Stickies Capture. Get ready because this may sound like pure magic! Do you happen to have hand-written notes laying around in your office? Simply pull out your smartphone, open the Miro app and take a picture using the Stickies Capture. Miro will turn it into a digital and customizable post-it-note that will be added to your Miro canvas.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily doubt this as the thing I like the least about Miro, but I'd still like to mention it because I think it's key... and it's the ability to easily navigate all the projects you have into your Miro infinite digital canvas. The problem is that there are so many projects you may plan or work on in a spot of a few days. Sometimes, I can get a bit tricky to easily find a specific project (or part of it) in a busy infinite canvas.

Veljko

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to. The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool. Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Reasons for switching to Miro

Trello is pretty limiting in terms of organizing ideas, collecting notes etc - every input has to conform to the column, it has to come in specific order, with only text visible (as far as I know). When collecting inputs, it's important for people to feel unconstrained, and our experience shows that we got much more honest responses via Miro.

Anthony

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Miro