Browse Berrycast Reviews

Jefferson from Code Warriors, LLC

Great system for communicating "this" is what I mean!

I was really struggling to use similar software, such as techsmith or others and none of them really did everything that I wanted. Once I landed on Berrycast, my and my entire team's productivity shot WAY up. Because it is so easy to record and to say "this" is what is wrong, everyone gets it! No more spending hours of time trying to explain what went wrong...this has been a HUGE timesaver.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. When I have something that I need done or a customer wants to explain desired features / functions to me, I simply hit record and go through all the motions of capturing the information. Once done, the link goes over to the rest of my team and they can collaborate on the video file that I sent over and to more easily understand exactly what the client needed. It is an incredible software package and it is so easy to use.

Cons

There really are very little downsides to this product.

Reasons for Choosing Berrycast

Loom was going to be really expensive for my entire team to use. Berrycast was at the right price!

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

Because Berrycast was so easy to use!

Armand from SMA Northern BV

Excellent Loom Alternative, definitely recommended!

Excellent experience with the product and the team. Great support and feedback Super easy to use. Despite a few issues with Macs at the beginning, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] et the team fixed this CPU load issue now, all rolling smoothly. Really like the service.

Pros

Very easy to use and great UX Good overall video quality, a bit over-compressed but still clean Great Storage and Bandwidth Fast video upload Branding feature Commenting feature for watchers

Cons

No editing feature No TTS minor features lacking overall very satisfied

Reasons for Choosing Berrycast

Great UI, fast video uploading, great storage.

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

Mostly because of Loom pricing change.

Alex from Egghead Designs

One of my best investments

Overall experience has been fantastic. I use it multiple times, every day. I don't see how I managed without it.

Pros

Berrycast makes sharing information on your screen simple. With a click of the mouse, I am able to record, narrate and then share to clients or associates, exactly what I need. No more blindly talking to them, it makes explanations and demos simple and hassle-free.

Cons

On my 2017 Mac Pro, I found that after about 6 min of recording, the machine gets a little sluggish and heats up. Though this issue could be local to me.

Reasons for Choosing Berrycast

Had a fantastic price, and I liked their branding.

Dunia from Freelance

Berrycast, a good alternative to Loom if the price changes

I use Berrycast to communicate more effectively with my collaborators and clients, but for recording tutorials and online classes I prefer other platforms. I must say that I use Berrycast because I managed to buy it at a much cheaper price than the current one in a particular promotion they did. At the current price of Berrycast I would recommend other platforms.

Pros

Berrycast is the typical software that is not trendy, is not known by many and yet offers excellent features. With Berrycast you can record video messages and share them with whoever you want. It makes communication between teams and between clients and agencies much easier. It works very similarly to Loom.

Cons

What I liked least about Berrycast is that the image and sound quality is not excellent. It's not bad, but it's not top notch. For video messages it works perfectly well, but if you want to record a tutorial, for example, the quality of the video leaves a lot to be desired. Another very negative point of Berrycast is its price, practically higher than Loom's prices. Honestly, it doesn't make sense that a relatively unknown tool with less functionality charges more than an established tool.

Bryce from Mind of a Marketer

Best Screen Cap software for Business.

10/10. Train your workers, Do tech support, record a video call from your side only (so nobody else knows), and create SOPs or Tutorials.. all with 1 click!

Pros

Screen recording done right: 1. Pick a screen to record 2. Record 3. Send the link to someone you want to view the recording All my videos are recorded in the cloud, and I can download if I want to. When I send it to someone, it's guaranteed that they can view it.

Cons

The software is extremely light on features. I'd love an option to cut parts of the video out before loading it to the cloud, or have an editing option post-load. It does what it's supposed to extremely well, but doesn't improve on that process.

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

Loom didn't offer a good deal, and Berrycast can work outside the chrome browser.

Kevin from Semactic

Super logiciel, rapide et fiable

On l'utilise beaucoup avec nos développeurs pour pointer des problèmes et qu'ils puissent avoir le contexte complet.

Pros

Il permet de faire une vidéo en quelques secondes. Il est possible de définir une zone ou l'entièreté de l'écran. Une fois la vidéo enregistrée, tout est fait pour faciliter le partage (liens, boutons, etc). Cela est hyper pratique, on l'utilise beaucoup avec nos développeurs pour pointer des problèmes.

Cons

Ça serait bien que le menu soit invisible lors des enregistrements.

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

Moins cher, plus efficace et fiable. Les vidéos sont générées et mises en ligne plus rapidement.

Screen recording with Berrycast, fun and good quality

Perfect experience! Support was fast, they used Berrycast themselves to quickly answer my questions. The tool is fun to use. Love it!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage recorded casts, clients are happy with it. Also using it now for instructions in a learning environment.

Cons

Nothing really. It would be nice if there was some basic editing. Re-record from a certain position, delete frames. But there are many solutions for that.

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

I prefer to use snagit for screen captures not for recordings. Berrycast also offers a good hosting platform for the casts.

Patrick from PB-Soft

Berrycast - Easiest tool to capture and share videos!

I use it for instructional videos especially to explain the usage of online shops (Prestashop) for clients.

Pros

The best is that it's so easy and I can use it without thinking about it!

Cons

First it was the branding, but now we can use our own branding and therefore I don't know anything negative, it's just a great tool, yes G R E A T ! !

Reasons for Choosing Berrycast

Snagit has more functions but Berrycast is so easy to use and especially sharing the videos is fast and easy! If I want to use it every day it has to be fast and easy to use - Berrycast does this!

Duy from Nightingale

Berrycast is giving Loom a serious run for their money

Aside from a small issue where I couldn't record with my AirPods without having some sort of metallic sound, everything else was great. I switched to a USB microphone and the problem was solved. It was all for the better as the mic quality was significantly better.

Pros

I absolutely love Berrycast, so much so I've been asking everyone I know to start using this. It's a wonderful tool for remote teams. As we all work at different hours, making videos to explain something, or to update each other on their part of the project has allowed us to reduce meeting time to a minimum. Please keep this up!

Cons

I would love to have the direct video link feature, to be able to embed the videos on my website. Some viewing stats would be handy too (total views, when someone views the link for the first time)

Faster upload speed, beautiful UI

Faster upload speed, beautiful UI

Awesome alternative to Loom

Pros

Berrycast is a fantastic, seamless, stable screen casting software. I love it! I own a small vacation rental management company and I use it for training videos for my team. We keep our videos up for life, and when we bring on new hires, we can refer them back to training screen casts from this software.

Cons

The only small thing that could be improved is it seems like the frame rate is a little slow. It may be that I am recording my 4k iMac screen. Either way, don't care! It's awesome!

Cost, easier to use

Alexa from Ferrazzi Greenlight

Highly efficient platform, with top-notch customer support team!

At present, with endless meetings, I need to record most of them to go back and view them for my reference. With the help of BerryCast, I no longer have to worry if I will reach my recording limit and if I no longer have memory in my computer because it saves online. It's so easy to record my screen and share the video with colleagues or clients. And I know that when something is not working, there will be a very responsive customer support team who will help me out. Again, BerryCast is highly efficient, exceptionally reliable, easy to use, and exceeds my and my teams' expectations.

Pros

Berrycast is exceptionally reliable, easy to use, and exceeds my and my teams' expectations. I have used 10s of platforms with almost the same features in my past companies, but BerryCast absolutely stands out. I like how it's highly efficient when I want to record a video instantly. I appreciate how accessible my videos are in my BerryCast account on my desktop. On top of this, their customer support is top-notch! and that, for me, is really important, and a green flag that indicates how streamlined their communications are with customers. I really hope they continue to blow me away

Cons

One simple thing I would like improvement on about BerryCast is when I record the screen or share my screen with colleagues, we all can see the recording panel with the buttons and the time. I wish it won't show when I share my screen in meetings or watch the recordings.

Jonathan from Openmind Technologies Inc

Awesome screen recording tool, EASY TO USE!

I love this tool so much, it saves me 5 to 10 hours a week.

Pros

Ease of use, 3 clicks and it's done. Faster than the competition. UX UI really slick.

Cons

A little bit less features than the competition but it's why they are so fluid and not buggy.

François from Improov

Solid solution for easy communication!

Pros

Easy to share video, simple interface to share your screen capture with video and sound, a must for these days on remote work!

Cons

The lack of a french version for my market.

Josh from JNM Web Creations

Better than Loom especially if you get it through Appsumo!

It is a great product to use to do tutorial videos for customers on how to use their wordpress websites.

Pros

For the first thing the price through Appsumo for lifetime was good a little over a year price. The great features are that it doesn't just use a chrome extension like loom. You can have it on your computer and just a little green line on the left of your desktop and when you are read to record just hover over it and it pops out and then you can quickly record. The tier I have you can use cname so the links are ones from your own personal site and you can brand it with your own logos. It really makes it look great and makes you look sophisticated as a business. The video and audio seems good for what I need.

Cons

Sometimes it can buffer when trying to watch the video, but not too often.

Reasons for Switching to Berrycast

So they started making it so in the free version you could only do 5 minute videos and often I needed longer, so I was going to buy that, but found this on appsumo for a lifetime subscription and it has more features than Loom

One of the best apps ever!

I really enjoy using this product, i use it every day.

Pros

I'm always sending videos to my clients explaining different things, they love it!

Cons

I really miss the notification about some watching the video

I got a LTD

Himanshu from Ganoliya

Video messaging tool that makes communication through videos effortless.

Berrycast has helped us improve the way we communicate. It has reduced the need for long chat messages and made video communication fast.

Pros

Berrycast makes it so much easy to communicate via videos. Their desktop app is smooth and fast. The video upload speed is also very fast. Plus, the app keeps uploading videos in the background even before the video ends, which saves time.

Cons

Right now, their support is slow to respond, and it takes time to get help on issues. Also, it would be great their desktop app could include some markup tools. Sometimes we need them.

Kayla from Openmind Technologies

Easy screen and cam recording

Pros

Berrycast is so simple to use. Simply download and install Berrycast to record your screen, add a webcama nd narration to explain something to a colleague or client. The widget bar is always there to use and in 1 simple click strat a recording. As soon as you hit DONE, the share screen will appear where you can directly send it to soeone with their e-mail or copy/paste the unique URL link

Cons

Missing some annotation adn drawing capabilities. Also, a preview mode would be appreciated.

KC from iZen Digital Media Marketing Agency

Industry: Information Services

A fantastic video recording software!

It's a fantastic piece of video recording software! Highly recommended!

Pros

Berrycast is my go-to video recording software. I use it to record all my meetings, instructional and onboarding videos. It has a very clean UI with a superb UX to boot. Never had any glitches even when recording long videos i.e. 1.5 hours. Sharing of recordings is also a breeze. It's a Godsend!

Cons

Nothing really, except that it's a desktop software, so you'll need to install it on your computer. And it only works for Windows machines, so not for Mac's. Other than these, no other qualms about this excellent software!

Ankush from Qling

Best screen sharing tool

Very easy to use as it is much simpler to record and send a video than typing out a long email. This is my go-to option where ever possible as it increases productivity and makes it easy for the other person to also understand better.

Pros

1. A subtle sidebar allows you to start capturing videos instantly 2. You can do-over or discard the video with a single click 3. If you lose your internet connection, the video gets saved and uploaded as and when the connection is restored 4. CNAME and branding option makes it highly personalized 5. Ability to send emails directly from Berrycast makes it highly usable

Cons

No negatives, but suggestions are as follows: The ability to password protect your videos and rename the slugs may be the next thing which Berrycast can do. The ability to blur certain areas while recording the screen will be useful

Jean-F from WEBLOFT

Le meilleur video-capture ever!

Pros

Facile, léger en plus un produit de chez nous (Blainville, Canada). Tout un avantage de pouvoir faire un "white -label" a l'effigie de notre entreprise.

Cons

Le manque de pouvoir couper/éditer les video. Mais ce n'est pas un deal-braker pour nous.

Leon from DesignCore

Industry: Program Development

Einfach, handlich und sehr hilfreich

Super einfache Handhabung und tolle Video-Cloud für Videos für Kunden und Mitarbeiter.

Pros

Einfache Aufnahme des Bildschirmes. Auch bei mehreren Bildschirmen und internem Ton.

Cons

Anfangs kleinere Fehler - mittlerweile eigentlich Alles behoben. :)

Kosten

Lynn from My Effective Communication Coach

Love Berrycast!

When someone has a problem or isn't clear on how things are done, it's so much easier to do a short video using Berrycast than to try to explain it using email. The beauty of a video is that the recipient can refer back to it if necessary.

Pros

I am so happy that I have Berrycast. I use it all the time to explain things in my Toastmasters organization. It's really easy to use and is a very valuable tool. I find their customer service to be excellent and very responsive to users' needs. They keep coming up with new features, too. Berrycast meets my needs to easily explain and teach using my screen and voice.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about Berrycast. As I said, it just gets better and better.

Jornes from JTD Kitcehn

Industry: Furniture

Berrycast is Awesome

Personal Branding. I am waiting for the custom domain name, and make the "Made with Berrycast" disappear from the page every time I share the screencast.

Pros

The reason I like Berrycast is the screencast directly stored on their server every time I did a screencast. The screencast processing is fast too. When I want to share the screencast with someone else, I can just send them a link. I saved the step of uploading the screencast to any server. Great job!

Cons

I hope that there will be a tool for me to do the highlighting, typing, pointer during I doing the screencast. This will make the screencast better, I don't like to talk in the screencast. I prefer typing instead.

Patrick from Let’s Warp

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Awesome for customer

Awesome from day one. The software is very intuitive.

Pros

It is very easy to perform a quick video of my screen and share it with team members and even customers.

Cons

It could benefit of a feature to edit a video. Just clipping or text addition would be great

Catalin from PsyMontreal

One of the easiest to use screen recording software I've ever seen

Berrycast saves me quite a bit of time every week.

Pros

Although it comes with a browser extension, Berrycast installs a small, non-invasive side panel which allows user to quickly start a recording, see previously created videos or adjust account settings. This way Berrycast is not limited to recording content displayed on a browser.

Cons

As of now there is nothing I don't like about this software :) It works exactly as advertised and it does it very well.

Guillaume from GSoft

Simple tool that boosted our productivity

Gets better from month to month as the SaaS improves.

Pros

Makes it so much simpler to share a video with an URL link. Couldn't make it as easy with alternative solutions.

Cons

Frequent product updates, but for the greater good!

Ease of use

Torsten from Arvadis

Great tool for screen casts

It's easy to quickly record a part or the entire screen, the video is auto-uploaded and can get shared via a link.

Pros

- Easy to install - works perfectly - sharing is unlimited

Cons

to be honest - nothing. It's just doing what it should and this in a good quality!

Atley from X Designs

New contender and rising fast!

5 stars!

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to use once you install it. It does not hog up system resources while in standby or in action. Compared to some competitors, Berrycast actually runs on a very old pc that I have as a storage vault when others would crash.

Cons

Through no fault of their own being a new player in this space, a few features I would like are still missing. At the current speed of development I have no worries that the features I would like will make it very soon.

Brunette from Passion Marketing

The time of explaining everything over an email or a phone call is over ;)

Pros

Berrycast is so easy to use. I use it a lot with my team and my client. It’s more productive!

Cons

It would have been nice to have the option to pause AND rewind to resume part of the video instead of restarting all over. Also having the option of choosing a background for our profile would be a nice addition.

Chaz from Boren Digital

Screen recording made easy

Pros

BerryCast makes screen recording easier than ever. Plus the fact that the recordings can then be immediately shared with a branded URL is a huge plus

Cons

I wish I could also take screenshots and edit them.

Dale from Internet

forget the rest, Berrycast is the best - I did/do.

Pros

Show instead of tell - that's my favorite. Personal and instant. This is the way.

Cons

Features in development, like backgrounds.