• icon"It is an incredible software package and it is so easy to use."
  • icon"I love the user interface- it was intuitive and easy to use."
  • icon"Ease of use, 3 clicks and it's done. Faster than the competition."
  • icon"Missing some annotation adn drawing capabilities."
  • icon"Also, there isn't an option to download the recording for safekeeping if the video fails to upload- so there's a possibility that your recording may be lost if it doesn't upload safely to cloud."
  • icon"I haven't found anything I don't like about Berrycast."

Browse all Berrycast Reviews

• Have you used Berrycast and would like to share your experience with others?

Armand

Excellent Loom Alternative, definitely recommended!

Excellent experience with the product and the team. Great support and feedback Super easy to use. Despite a few issues with Macs at the beginning, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] et the team fixed this CPU load issue now, all rolling smoothly. Really like the service.

Pros

Very easy to use and great UX Good overall video quality, a bit over-compressed but still clean Great Storage and Bandwidth Fast video upload Branding feature Commenting feature for watchers

Cons

No editing feature No TTS minor features lacking overall very satisfied

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

Great UI, fast video uploading, great storage.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

Mostly because of Loom pricing change.

Jefferson

Great system for communicating "this" is what I mean!

I was really struggling to use similar software, such as techsmith or others and none of them really did everything that I wanted. Once I landed on Berrycast, my and my entire team's productivity shot WAY up. Because it is so easy to record and to say "this" is what is wrong, everyone gets it! No more spending hours of time trying to explain what went wrong...this has been a HUGE timesaver.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. When I have something that I need done or a customer wants to explain desired features / functions to me, I simply hit record and go through all the motions of capturing the information. Once done, the link goes over to the rest of my team and they can collaborate on the video file that I sent over and to more easily understand exactly what the client needed. It is an incredible software package and it is so easy to use.

Cons

There really are very little downsides to this product.

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

Loom was going to be really expensive for my entire team to use. Berrycast was at the right price!

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

Because Berrycast was so easy to use!

Alfredo

February 2022

Still much room to grow, but will they?

I’ve been really trying to love this platform but my overall experience has been negative. More than their unlimited storage, I care for having my teammates able to create longer than 5minute videos. However on my MacBook When I start a recording their app pops up and won’t let me easily choose what to record. My first experience sharing a video with a client they could not view it since it kept buffering and audio was not very good. They have good ideas but I wonder if they will be able to succeed. I hope so but not sure yet if I will stay for the ride.

Pros

Pricing is much more approachable than Loom and no need to worry about 5min recording limits for you or your teammates

Cons

Still many bugs and streaming many times stutters.

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

Loom’s 5min limit for teammates is very limiting for our needs. Loom offers unlimited video hosting but more importantly a better deal for your team, when it works.

Ivan

December 2021

Feature rich screen recording and communications tool

Very good with the exception of a few hiccups, but when they were happening it was extremely inconvenient. They've made vast improvements since and I still use Berrycast in conjunction with other tools.

Pros

Continuous development, great user interface, and customizability. The active development team and customer support.

Cons

Slow upload speeds and sometimes unreliable where videos do not upload correctly after long sessions (45+). Still able to recover the files but it wasn't easy.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

Loom has very poor limits on the free plan and their monthly price isn't all that appealing with so many up-and-coming alternatives with feature parity.

Alex

One of my best investments

Overall experience has been fantastic. I use it multiple times, every day. I don't see how I managed without it.

Pros

Berrycast makes sharing information on your screen simple. With a click of the mouse, I am able to record, narrate and then share to clients or associates, exactly what I need. No more blindly talking to them, it makes explanations and demos simple and hassle-free.

Cons

On my 2017 Mac Pro, I found that after about 6 min of recording, the machine gets a little sluggish and heats up. Though this issue could be local to me.

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

Had a fantastic price, and I liked their branding.

Md Billal Hossain

Industry: Writing and Editing

I Can Use Berrycast From Both Of My Macbook & Windows PC

Now I can record screen from my Macbook & Windows PC. And very easy to share the recorded video to my clients & teammates. That is why Berrycast is cool to me. It helps me to save my time. Thank you.

Pros

- Easy to use - Can use in Mac & Windows platform - No need to upload anywhere to share it to others - UX & UI is super cool - Price is reasonable.

Cons

The editing feature is not yet mature. I think they should update it as early as possible. Else it, everything is awesome.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

Faststone is only available in Windows platform. Moreover, it is Desktop based tool. I need to upload the screen record in a place to share it with my teammates & clients. So I needed to switch to a common platform, which helps me to do the same work from both platforms.

Josh

Better than Loom especially if you get it through Appsumo!

It is a great product to use to do tutorial videos for customers on how to use their wordpress websites.

Pros

For the first thing the price through Appsumo for lifetime was good a little over a year price. The great features are that it doesn't just use a chrome extension like loom. You can have it on your computer and just a little green line on the left of your desktop and when you are read to record just hover over it and it pops out and then you can quickly record. The tier I have you can use cname so the links are ones from your own personal site and you can brand it with your own logos. It really makes it look great and makes you look sophisticated as a business. The video and audio seems good for what I need.

Cons

Sometimes it can buffer when trying to watch the video, but not too often.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

So they started making it so in the free version you could only do 5 minute videos and often I needed longer, so I was going to buy that, but found this on appsumo for a lifetime subscription and it has more features than Loom

April 2022

Brilliant software screen grab tool

So far so great!

Pros

It's super easy to set up and get started right away. Amazing too with a nice user interface, but don't be fooled by the simplicity this is a powerful piece of software for recording screen shares and to create and share videos. As both a freelance project manager and trainer I am able to use the software to share instructions with clients, other contractors and potential leads as well as create content for social media.

Cons

Nothing, this gives me everything I need for this tool.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

A friend recommended BerryCast to me - I like the fact for the tier level that video recording is unlimited.

Sam

November 2022

Want a screen recorder, check out Berrycast

Really good. I like how it works. I like the ability to easily share and get feedback on things. I like the options they have. It doesn't seem overwhelming or lacking in many areas.

Pros

I like the ease of use with it. I also like that there is the ability to trim the video within the browser. It's a polished product which works well. I like how someone can view the video and easily leave comments on it with their name. No registration or anything required of the other person.

Cons

I thought there were a lack of options, but realised there were more if you get the desktop application. Which allows you to show the mouse position and some other options that don't seem to be available in the browser version.

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

It did everything I need it to. It made things easy and no hassles. From the recording to the sharing. It's a great all round product that fits what I need to do.

Olivier

October 2022

My go-to Screen-recording Software

This helps me avoid repeating things as I can just record my screen and show cleints and colleagues what they want to know.It also helps record other things like livestreaming giving you the freedom to do other things when you can free up time to be there live

Pros

Berrycast gives so many possibilities: Desktop app, in browser app, and and extension, so you have more than one possibility of use.

Cons

Only good things with Berrycast. Not getting rid of this any time soon

Awesome alternative to Loom

Pros

Berrycast is a fantastic, seamless, stable screen casting software. I love it! I own a small vacation rental management company and I use it for training videos for my team. We keep our videos up for life, and when we bring on new hires, we can refer them back to training screen casts from this software.

Cons

The only small thing that could be improved is it seems like the frame rate is a little slow. It may be that I am recording my 4k iMac screen. Either way, don't care! It's awesome!

Cost, easier to use

Duy

Berrycast is giving Loom a serious run for their money

Aside from a small issue where I couldn't record with my AirPods without having some sort of metallic sound, everything else was great. I switched to a USB microphone and the problem was solved. It was all for the better as the mic quality was significantly better.

Pros

I absolutely love Berrycast, so much so I've been asking everyone I know to start using this. It's a wonderful tool for remote teams. As we all work at different hours, making videos to explain something, or to update each other on their part of the project has allowed us to reduce meeting time to a minimum. Please keep this up!

Cons

I would love to have the direct video link feature, to be able to embed the videos on my website. Some viewing stats would be handy too (total views, when someone views the link for the first time)

Faster upload speed, beautiful UI

Faster upload speed, beautiful UI

Laura Lee

Berrycast is now a regular tool for presenting work remotely to clients

The main way we use Berrycast is to present our projects to clients asynchronously. The app allows us to be more concise, more to the point, and saves everyone's time by avoiding yet another hour-long Zoom meeting. In a 5-10 minute video, I showcase the mock-ups of the project, explain our creative vision, and suggest some thoughts and next steps for discussing this presentation. Customers love being able to watch presentations at their convenience and the ease of a browser. The other main way we use Berrycast is to give feedback to our team, on designs they produced. Team members appreciate this vocal and visual feedback along with an email that lists every correction to make, that serves as a checklist.

Pros

I love how easy Berrycast is to use and how in 5 seconds, we're ready to record. Once you've mastered the keyboard shortcuts, it's even easier to record smoother videos, pausing to avoid "uhhhh's." I like that I can rename the files, share through a link or email, as well as the overall look of the app. I also enjoy being able to create folders and thus organize according to our active clients. But my favorite feature of all is the white label, available with a Pro account! Customization with our logo and brand colors is great. I generally love when I can appropriate a software to make it my own, and so far Berrycast is doing it well.

Cons

One little thing that bothers me is that the app automatically opens when I restart my computer. But you can easily disable this in the settings.

Reasons for switching to Berrycast

I find that Berrycast is simpler, cleaner and fits my needs better. (Share with a link, add a title to the video, White Label, etc)

Luke

Industry: Information Services

April 2022

Great product - watch out Loom

Pros

Being able to brand the product is awesome and helps to keep brand consistency across the many products/platforms that we use. Allowing clients to comment on the video is great and allows us to give clarity to our clients very quickly with zero risk of miscommunication.

Cons

No branding on password entry splash screen. The macOS can at times feel a little clunky but it is functional. I hate that we cannot remove the Berrycast toolbar during recordings or afterwards. It really does limit our use case.

Bjoern

March 2022

Berrycast is a very lightweight screenrecorder that boosts our productivity like no other

We love Berrycast. It is blazingly fast, has a small learning curve and makes us significantly more productive.

Pros

Berrycast is one of the productivity secrets at Finc3. We heavily use it to teach colleagues about new processes, share ideas and even do asynchronous meetings internally and with clients. The tool is perfectly lightweight and encodes video blazingly fast compared to other screen recorders. We love that it integrates well with asana, rendering rich video previews into asana tasks, so it is easy to give people more context.

Cons

There are only minor improvements. User management should be improved for business accounts to more easily, i.e. reset the passwords of users or ensure 2factor authentication. and then there are minor pet peeves like the password entry page not being branded (yet)

Tony

February 2022

Fast & Easy Communication via Screen Recording

BerryCast makes my videos readily accessible via it's desktop application. The user interface and experience is excellent. My team and I have found Berrycast to be incredibly reliable, simple to use, and exceeds our expectations. On top of all that, they provide wonderful customer support!

Pros

My favorite part of Berrycast is how easy it is to use and how we can be recording in 5 seconds. Plus, I love being able to record my screen and share the video with colleagues and clients with a click. With BerryCast, I do not need to worry about running out of recording time or if my computer will run out of space because it saves online.

Cons

Although they have less features than the competition, they are faster and less buggy because of it.

The price was better

Ease of use and price

Janice

December 2021

Decent tool with evolving features

The customer service has been responsive which is nice. They have also been tweaking features and recently added in a annotation feature. I did wish they brought back the option to download the videos prior to uploading- this is just in case the upload fails and the video disappears.

Pros

I love the user interface- it was intuitive and easy to use. The recordings (video and audio) are clear, and you also have a choice to record the entire screen or select only certain parts of the screen for recording. Additionally, you can trim the video directly using Berrycast.

Cons

The uploading of the video takes a long time, especially you're doing recordings that are longer than 30 minutes. If the uploading fails, it has to restart from scratch and you can't close the app or shut down the computer, which is not useful. Also, there isn't an option to download the recording for safekeeping if the video fails to upload- so there's a possibility that your recording may be lost if it doesn't upload safely to cloud.

Reasons for choosing Berrycast

Berrycast seemed to be more user friendly.

Dunia