• Pros

• "Easy to use and very beneficial. I used it for many online college courses. It keeps everything organized and allows people to collaborate. "

• "I love how easy it is to use. I love how as a teacher, I have total control of the blackboard and can turn on and off features for my students."

• "It has a lot of useful features. Good to keep track of courses. You can view again the material."

• Cons

• "It can be a little glitchy at times but overall, the pros greatly outweigh the cons for blackboard as a student."

• "I would say that the overall cost is a little pricey for what you get, the customer service is okay but it isn't great."

• "Collaborate isn't as user-friendly as some of the alternative programs. It offers plenty of features, but the learning curve is steeper."

Browse Blackboard Collaborate Reviews

Gabriela from Panera

Industry: Food Production

Blackboard Collaborate Review

My overall experience with Blackboard Collaborate is always amazing. My grades have improved so much with this and I have been so much more organized because it comes with a calendar and reminder of when assignments are due and I never miss an assignment.

Pros

A feature that I absolutely love about this software is the breakout rooms for group projects. I love that professors can break us into groups and it is not difficult to see in Blackboard. I love how easy it is to use this software. I also love that I get to see my professors feedback on any assignments that have been graded. I love seeing the exact percentage as well instead of it saying "B+". I absolutely love Blackboard!

Cons

One feature that I hope that this software improves is sharing the computer audio. It would be really helpful to get audio instead of text because I feel like it is easier to communicate faster and a lot more easier than text. Either way I highly recommend this software because It has helped me be more organized. There are no features that are difficult.

Classroom Video conferring

my overall experience of Blackboard Collaborate is good

Pros

As opposed to web casting and video conferencing software, Blackboard Collaborate has interrogations and features that are specifically designed for engagement with the learners/audience

Cons

I am a new user of the Blackboard Collaborate's license so far nothing to complain about. Although the budget for this product is more expensive than our previous option

Josh from Apple

Blackboard- Buyer Beware

Pros

This program is used for all of our training, mentoring, Advisor meetings, and round tables; as such, I appreciate the versatility of the program in my organization. Screensharing is easy to use, as are video and audio chats. Creating a test in Blackboard is a very cool feature I learned about recently and I’ve been trying it out to make tests for my mentors. Moderator tools, such as turning off chat, audio and video help prevent any possibility of cheating amongst Advisors. I really like the whiteboard feature as well, and myself and my mentors and team mates alike enjoy making silly messages or posting clip art from the internet.

Cons

Blackboard has crashed on me quite a bit, as it has on many others in my organization. Connections errors happen quite often. Sometimes, the collaborate file we download gets randomly corrupted and we have to figure that out on our own and re-download a fresh copy. There isn’t much troubleshooting on their website for the issues we face, and sometimes IT is as clueless as we are on how to fix it. The interface for Collaborate is severely outdated, and needs a fine tuneup. We were excited to learn of an iPhone application for Blackboard, and then we downloaded it and not only has it not been updated in years, it was extremely dated and lacked basic functionality like screen sharing, video, whiteboard and moderator tools.

Nikolaus from ELC GmbH

Good Product, just pricy in comparison to others

We use blackboard for our e-learning webinars and are satisfied

Pros

Easy to use, worked everytime we used it

Cons

it cost much more than our other webinar software

Reasons for Choosing Blackboard Collaborate

we did switch from Blackboard to Livewebinar because of the price

Russell from FusionSPEDtech

Mostly reliable platform for online classes

Pleased with my experiences with Blackboard. It's incredible that you are able to take virtual classes with this platform.

Pros

As background information, this was used for online classes - so my experiences is limited and based only on that. With that said, though, I was pleased with my interactions with Blackboard Collaborate. Here are the pros: - It has an Interactive Whiteboard feature that is quite helpful. Teachers can add their slide deck or presentation here. The students can then "interact" with the presentation using some nice features (type words, underline texts, even highlight). - Similar to other programs, you can share your device's screen with the class or you can allow other students to share their screen if they need to show a presentation or something. This comes in very handy if used well. - If you've never used Blackboard before, I think it's pretty easy to get the hang of. It's well organized and has a nice user interface. - Without Blackboard, managing the workflow in an online class would be extremely difficult. However, Blackboard does a phenomenal job of allowing information, assignments, quizzes, etc. to be assigned and returned/collected in an organized fashion. - If a student is unable to attend a live session, Blackboard includes a record option so they can go back and watch the lesson whenever possible. This can also be used for remediation and review. - They have some nice little features that often go overlooked, like the quick response or thumbs up/thumbs down features. It's helpful when quickly checking for understanding. - Breakout/small group feature.

Cons

Here are some concerns: - While it works well with Chrome, this platform does not seem to work with Safari or Edge. (This could be user error, though.) - This may be user error, too, but I found the audio to be a little off. It seems like they could do some updates here to help it sound a little more smooth and less choppy. Sometimes you don't always hear everything. - Even though the record feature is awesome - it can be annoying because the video and the audio are sometimes off. - I guess this could be based on the WiFi connectivity, but video quality is inconsistent.

Casscilla from Strayer University

Strayer Student

I love blackboard this is one of the great software I have ever seen in a college and I am thankful that I will be using it after I am done with each term. It helps me stay on track with my work that is due.

Pros

I like that blackboard has every piece of information that I need in regards to my school assignments. Not having to go to the site and login is a plus when it comes to doing my task. I can also and question and get answers right away with this software.

Cons

I see that they have take the virtual assistant off of the blackboard. Many of us depended on this to help us when the school wasn't open. I am sure if you put Iven back on that we would use him he was such a help.

Joseph from Towson University

Like most web conferencing tools, but especially good for Blackboard users

I was able to solve a major business problem in that after Spring Break I had to transition from a face-to-face class to a totally online class and Blackboard Collaborate allowed me to work with my students remotely.

Pros

I like that it is integrated into Blackboard so it is easy to create sessions in advance or on the fly. I like the recording option that allows me to video myself and my presentations and then instantly share them with the class when they are over.

Cons

The reporting feature could be better. The report is a static list online that you cannot filter or sort by any particular column such as last name or time logged in. While a .csv file is avaialble, it would be nice to slice and dice the data within the platform.

A great starter program but with a lot of issues for long term users

Since spending 5+ years with Blackboard and Collaborate, we have since switched to Canvas. I am not seeing any issues here, albeit it has only been a year and counting since the switch. I have not had any error messages, and I've conducted live chats and webinars with students without issues. Crossing my fingers that it is the program we've been waiting for and it will keep performing for many years!

Pros

Collaborate is easy to set up initially, and it allows online collaboration - hence the title - between students and both their peers in the virtual classroom and their professor.

Cons

For short-term use, the program excels. For long-term users, there are too many bugs in the program for it to be viable for higher education use. We expect our students to be tech savvy, and it is embarrassing when our software does not hold up to this same standard. I frequently got "unavailable" or "error: contact your program administrator" messages, costing me valuable time with my students. There were also times when the whiteboard would freeze, and I'd have to reboot my entire computer while my students waited.

Reasons for Choosing Blackboard Collaborate

Administrators chose

Krista I. from Dental office

Used it in undergrad and postgrad

Good- It helped me get through my courses and stay organized.

Pros

Blackboard was mandatory to used at Middlesex community and MCPHS in boston. I felt as though it was pretty easy to use and communicate with my peers and professors. My favorite part of BB was discussion boards and collaborating with my courses.

Cons

Sometimes blackboard would have issues but very rare. I feels as though it was a good product and helped me in undergrad and post grad.

Kaitlin from WIVA

Basic, old-school software

I use Blackboard Collaborate daily and have learned to use its functions well for my class. It was not easy to learn, and it frequently has technical issues that disrupt learning.

Pros

I like that blackboard works well with Microsoft Power Point slides and that allows users to collaborate with chat, microphone, and board tools. I also like that it allows recordings to be made.

Cons

This software is difficult to learn to use well and is NOT intuitive. It frequently crashes at our organization, which impacts student learning. You cannot record in breakout rooms which makes small group work a challenge. It does not load Google Slides well which limits the other software one can use to create the slides.

Anvita from Freelance

Blackboard Collaborate is Good for Online Classes and Assignments

Overall I enjoyed my experience with Blackboard. I liked the simplicity of responding to scenarios my professors posted and the option to reply to threads and individual posts from my peers with whom I had to interact with. I think Blackboard is very convenient for professors and for students alike, but that it can improve on some of its user friendliness and provide a neater and more efficient messaging platform and visual layout especially because not all students or instructors are necessarily computer savvy.

Pros

I used Blackboard Collaborate for several years in graduate school. What I liked most about this software was the simplicity of utilizing the conversation threads. There was nothing too "fancy" and the layout provided simple 'reply' and 'reply all' buttons. Each week we were required to answer questions about a scenario, and reply to other students' remarks as well. It was easy to see which posts did not have replies yet so that we each student got a change to have a reply. I think if this information wasn't provided on the main screen many posts would be overlooked, and I liked that the layout was clear on who posted and who replied, especially when professors emphasized replying to posts that had fewer or no replies already. I also liked that there was a messaging system built in, so we could communicate with our fellow students and professor within the website while working on assignments.

Cons

What I liked least about Blackboard Collaborate was that if I wanted to message my entire class, I would have to individually click every student's name, and then click the "To" button in order to add them as recipients. It was honestly time consuming and extremely frustrating as a graduate student because it wasted so many minutes every time, especially because I would often forget to actually click "To" after I manually clicked a student's name, so I wouldn't realize they weren't added into the message and would have to start over. This was unfriendly for users, especially for graduate students who need to focus on their assignments and communicating to their peers rather than trying to remember if they did the two-step clicking process for every single student rather than having a simple "select all" option! I don't know why there was no select all option to add the entire class when this is a platform universities often use for online classes and assignments. One more thing I did not like about Blackboard was that the layout was a bit confusing and not user friendly. It took me a while to get used to the flow of the website which felt unorganized and a bit scattered. I could see this being more of a problem for older graduate students who aren't used to adapting to various website layouts with many links to each class and each assignment stacked upon each other in an overwhelming way.

August 2016

Lauren from Florida Virtual School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

August 2016

I've been using this for years, and love it, but it has major issues

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate is such a great option for online teachers. We use it to meet with students and present lessons live on the computer. I use it weekly. It is seamlessly integrated with PowerPoint. The features are neat - you have lots of controls as a moderator. You can allow students to speak, use video cameras, type, draw, add pictures to the whiteboard, etc. You can set how many students can be speaking at once. You can mute them by taking away tools. You can create breakout rooms. You can play all sorts of media. You can remove students who are not behaving. You can lock the room or allow attendees in late. I've met with anywhere from 1 to 700 participants. You can make permanent forcing slides and make sure that students can't do anything without a teacher being present, but there are downsides to those functionalities as well. The app is really great. It is limited, and simple, but I've never had a problem with it.

Cons

The major thing I dislike is the "exception error" that I get CONSTANTLY. Basically, BBC can only handle so much data. Because it can't tell which participant needs what, it actually has to save and stream anything within a certain time period and send that out to everyone in the room. So, it really bogs the room down. It is just saving a TON of data at any given time. We've had to create separate rooms for back to back sessions instead of hosting them in the same room for this reason. It'll give an exception error if you try to do too much with too many people in too small a timeframe. Don't try to host a session over a wireless hotspot unless you have unlimited data. One session cost me like 2 gigs of data. Recording can only be done in the main room. If you need to record in a breakout session, you'll have to figure something else out. We use Snagit for breakout room recordings. The administrator panel is very confusing. I'm really tech savvy and I have a hard time navigating. It is definitely not intuitive when it comes to setting up new rooms and adding moderators. The permanent forcing slides are good. No issues there. However, what a pain to set up -- it just makes no sense. I wish it was easier to figure out how to do that.

Neisha from Alvin Community College

BB as an Administrator & a Student

I like Blackboard as a learning platform. I do think, like all software, a few bugs need to be worked out for better administration. Maybe a face-lift would be nice as well.

Pros

As a student the software is easy to use and has an easy to use dashboard. It is nice to be able to email other students or teachers, especially when you get to the university level. I like how there are different options to view your grades and when you submit your assignments there is a confirmation code that is generated. There is also a variety of tools besides email in which communication can take place, like discussion boards, videos, or links to other websites. I also found it handy to keep track of important announcements from campus organizations and professors. As an Administrator I like how the software can keep me organized and track the progress of the students.

Cons

I did not have many issues as a student, but as an administrator I found a few places with room for improvement. At times it was difficult to upload assignments, I would always get an error message. I know I am completing the correct steps because I have uploaded many assignments. Another issue I had was that this software always seemed to go down at the most in opportune times, like right before finals and then an extension had to be given to the students to be fair. I can't say if it was the fault of the school or the software, all I know is it is frustrating.

Steve from MAPS

Excellent online meeting tool

Blackboard Collaborate is an essential tool for online meetings. Provides more than just voice meetings and allows an interactive experience. This provided an excellent meeting experience for 9-12 high school students in an online environment.

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate is an efficient tool to use for online meetings. Meeting hosts can load presentations into a whiteboard space and navigate as the meeting progresses. Participants have a variety of tools available to participate in the meeting including a chat box, emoticons, raise hand, step away and other features. Video for both the host and the participants can be enabled. Whiteboard tools can be activated to allow users to write on the whiteboard space using a variety of writing tools. Meetings can be recorded, downloaded, and saved for users to view at other time.

Cons

This software can have a high learning curve. Very intimidating for non-technical users. Proper customer and technical training is highly recommended. Large groups (100 plus) will lag in Blackboard Collaborate.

Lee from CSUSM

Blackboard Collaborate Ultra

Blackboard Collaborate (Ultra) has improved over the past year or so. Being able to set up all of my chat sessions for the course in advance is most helpful and I do utilize the recording option with every chat so that my students can refer back to the recording for clarification, demonstrations, and/or in case they missed the live session. Being able to successfully share my entire screen is a must and I am so glad that they were able to update that feature. I have used other live (virtual) chat meeting programs, but Blackboard Collaborate also allows the students/attendees to raise their virtual hand when they have a question (not all other programs have that feature), and during an online class chat it is very important for students to be able to get the instructor/presenter's attention without verbally interrupting them.

Pros

Blackboard Collaborate (Ultra) has improved and now I can share my entire screen with my students without the image erroring out or showing repeated screens that trail off into infinity, which means I no longer have to switch from application to application and can seamlessly share any program or document as soon as it is opened.

Cons

The ability to detach or un-dock the text chat box and move it around to a different location while sharing my screen during a live chat would be most helpful. When you are using two monitors and focusing on one it would be great if the text box could be shown in a more convenient spot so I could see it at the same time.

Rebecca from Virginia Commonwealth University

Equips you to be organized

I have completed several courses both in class and online through blackboard and have minimal negative comments. I have taken it for math, science, and even art courses and each were fairly easy to navigate. Having electronic copies of important documents, like the syllabus, is invaluable because it is always accessible for your reference. The more you use it, the easier it becomes to navigate.

Pros

Everything you needed for the course could be found under its heading, so you always had access to your syllabus and course requirements. It allows the unconventional student to be equipped with everything they need to still learn outside of the classroom - at the convenience of their own time.

Cons

Just because all the information is provided does not mean you are automatically organized - toggling between tabs creates the possibility of potentially missing an assignment, as blackboard does not alert you when something is due. therefore, if you happen to skip over a tab in the class you may also be skipping over an assignment.

Christina from San Jacinto College

Very Useful Technology!

I liked using Blackboard being able to stay on top of all my grades while staying on top of my assignments is a huge help. Thanks to Blackboard it has made me be a better student.

Pros

I enjoyed using Blackboard as a student of a local community college. I found that it was really easy to use and one of the best programs I had ever encountered! It was so important to me to be able to learn not only in class, but also at home. Being that I had not been in classes in some time it sometimes took me longer than my classmates to understand, and learn things. I was able to use Blackboard at home and they had many different activities that would help you get extra practice from flashcards, quizzes and labs that you could use to help you better understand the curriculum that was being taught that day!

Cons

Sometimes down for scheduled banner maintenance so was not able to access my grades or assignments when I needed to. Thankfully I was always informed of any maintenance beforehand so I was able to see the information needed before it was down! (Not usually very long at all though!)

tiffani from St. Clair County Community College

Student review of Blackboard

Pros

I used this platform while in college. All of our classes were accessible in one place and we had access to teachers/classmates at all times. Could ask questions and get immediate responses. Could submit papers/assignments so you never had to worry about your dog eating it (). Calendar kept you organized on due dates and class material. Grades on classwork/tests were easily accessible at all times.

Cons

From a student perspective it was a great program. There were only a couple of things that I found difficult but I think it had more to do with the teacher who set up the class on Blackboard. Some material was hard to find. Too many options to put assignments. They should all go in one place. Didn't like the fact that I had to open up 5 folders to find reading assignment or questions to be answered. Discussion board could get overwhelming and looked very disorganized

It's alright, but could be better

Compared to Google Classroom it has some advantages, but also lacks in many areas. I wish the app was more reliable and didn't fail at loading many assignments. You get used to the interface, but it could be a lot simpler and I wish the designers would look to Google Classroom as a model.

Pros

Blackboard has the ability to include many different types of media like powerpoints, spreadsheets, pdfs, and work documents all in one place

Cons

The interface is very outdated and could use a redesign. There is a lot of unnecessary links and pages that you need to go through in order to access something as simple as homework. I also wish the login page was easier and actually didn't require me to log in every time.

Tamika from LAWSON STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE

An Instructor's Needed Resource!

I access Blackboard on a daily basis in order to post assignments and grades. I am an adjunct instructor at several institutions of higher learning. I am elated that a lot of institutions use this software for their students as it offers so much versatility. For example, you can use Blackboard to engage in remote learning sessions with students. I use this software to course copy if there aren't any major changes in my courses.

Pros

I love the overall functionality of this software as you can post grades, assignments, video tutorials, and various educational-based resources. The ease of usage with this software is comfortable as it is easy to comprehend.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons from usage associated with this product. The overall learning curve and navigation of this product are easy to comprehend.

Cristy from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Blackboard

Overall I love Blackboard

Pros

The thing I like about blackboard is the ability to download app onto phone and easily navigate through messages, discussion post, new grades submitted.. the list goes on. Blackboard has taken in the evolving approach in technology implemented into this software. You can modify, add or dismiss what you don't want shown. Blackboard if your platform and can customise it as you wish to fit your need. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I dislike about this software. Perhaps the one thing I like least about this software is not being able to view attempted assessments via the phone application. It will direct you to use your desktop browser to view details.

Michelle from Mercy College

It is a great tool that I previously used for snow days to keep learning going in my classroom but now I am using it for all my online classes and it has been a great tool that the students and I use to continue our classes.

Pros

It was easy to set up a virtual classroom within my Blackboard classroom. It is easy to upload your power point presentations to present lectures, it has a polling feature where you can ask live questions and get immediate feedback as the students answer the question. It has a whiteboard feature that you can write and draw on for equations or flow charts.

Cons

The product works only through google chrome so if a student does not open it in Chrome then they will not be able to get into the virtual classroom.

Worked with Blackboard for several yrs obtaining two degress as an online student.

I have used Blackboard across the years in different educational facilities as an online student. It has been non-problematic and I've achieved to college degrees and would recommend to anyone looking to set-up a learning environment.

Pros

I like the ease and setup of the course in blackboard. The layout is super-friendly in terms of finding your course materials, your email, instructor information, or accessing discussion boards. As a student in different schools, I found blackboard worked pretty much the same way, no issues in attending my live class sessions or taking my tests.

Cons

No cons regarding blackboard from a student's stance. It is really laid out where anyone can log in and find their way around after a brief tutorial.

Jennifer from University of alabama

Blackboard review

Overall i like using blackboard because it helps me keep all my classes and assignment in one program which is really helpful. And all my grades are shown for each class.

Pros

I really liked using blackboard for all of my classes. It was an easy website or app to go to everyday to check my grade and assignments that are due. It made it easy for me to contact teachers when needed.

Cons

I don’t love the set up of the website when you log in. It takes some getting used to to fully understand it. I also didn’t like how it showed all the classes i took in past semesters first so i had to go to the bottom of the page to find the classes I’m currently enrolled in.

Good collaborative tool for long-distance learning

Pros

Lots of useful features for professors and students that makes online learning feel more personal. Instant messaging works well and the interactive whiteboard is indispensable. It's a nice touch that it's browser-based, so there's no need for students to download a desktop version as it can be accessed anywhere. Students seems to benefit from the instant interaction with the teacher with the two-way webcam capabilities. Uploading files, slides, and videos is smooth and useful.

Cons

All features are hard to realise if you don't have a lot of IT resources or experience. Students should be able to record private sessions/breakout rooms. Sometimes students find that the more people in attendance, the more instance of freezing and errors. Some students have also mentioned issues interacting with the MacBooks. Tablet/mobile capability could also be tweaked as the interactive whiteboard seems to have issues on these platforms.

Graduate Academic Use

I like Blackboard, it is fairly easy to use, it has a feature that will show you your upcoming assignments due, it has a discussion board & email capability so you can contact your fellow students.

Pros

We use Blackboard for my graduate school classes, as well as my undergraduate experience. It works well for what we need it for - posting in-class materials, submission of homework assignments, communication of information between professor & students and also between students. Also, this time around (in my grad program), I now get automated emails when my professors update info or grade assignments, which is very nice to have. I didn't have that as an undergrad.

Cons

Sometimes it can be somewhat clunky. I have seen it from the professor's side when they have tons of classes they're teaching, and it is a mess - I don't know how they navigate it. But overall it serves the students well.

Dionne from Education management

Virtual Learning In Blackboard

Blackboard allows me to meet with my students in a virtual setting.

Pros

I like that the software was easy to use. I was able to learn the functions of the software on my own without any extensive training. I also like that when I invite students to meet me in the "blackboard room", that it is simply one click for them, type their name and they are in.

Cons

It may have been technical issues on my end, but sometimes Blackboard would timeout in the middle of a session with a student.

Whitney from North Carolina Virtual Academy

Easy to use and teach with!

Pretty good! It's easy to teach in and learn. Great features to keep my students engaged.

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload my Powerpoints to use to teach with. The Blackboard tools are engaging for the students. The chat is easy to see while I teach.

Cons

I wish that chat could be on for the whole class, but private chat from student to student would be off. It's hard to keep track of private chats with students while class is going on and I need the chat on. BBC as a whole looks a bit dated too. Sometimes my powerpoints mess up or some slides get deleted during my presentations. Not often, but a few times in the past two years.

Libby from Siena College

Best way to organize assignments for classroom

I used blackboard as a student. I always liked when a teacher would use blackboard to upload assignment, post grades, have PowerPoints available, and even when test and quizzes there.

Pros

Seeing grades posted throughout the semester, referencing resources that teachers posted, and taking quizzes and tests on it. I also appreciated that they worked with group projects to connect with other students in the class and to upload assignments.

Cons

It would crash every so often, not enough to make a huge deal about it.

Deborah from Rational Software

Blackboard is a must for a modern learning work environment.

Pros

The most important part of this program is its web conferencing feature ,which gives us access to functionalities needed to support a modern teaching and learning work environment, such as 2 way VoIP, built-in phone conferencing,multi-point video,rich media ,mobile collaboration , interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout rooms, and session recording.

Cons

Blackboard is restrictive in terms of the file formats, we are able to play. Also there is the tendency for text boxes and some dialogue components within the Blackboard framework to suddenly malfunction.

Cassandra from Cyber Academy of South Carolina

Sufficient

Overall Blackboard Collaborate has been useful. It allows all of my students to attend class. The chat box is the best way for participants to participate when there is a larger group of participants.

Pros

It is easily integrated into our LMS. That makes it easy to get recordings and for our students to access.

Cons

Only 6 cameras can be shared at a time. There is also a limited number of microphones that can be used simultaneously. The whiteboard tools could also be updated.

laina from Community College

Great Transact system

Pros

The software is very detailed. There are many part to one action, you can control everything you need to. It is easy to learn, which i have had to do. But also it is easy to learn and study on your own. The outcome results for example as on a register, is also detailed and self explanatory.

Cons

It is an older system. I think it needs to be updated where there is not so much room for error. It is very 90s set up.

Ron from Eco Interiors Ltd.

Fantastic collaboration platform!

Pros

- I used Blackboard as a student for both local college and distance learning programs. It is so easy to use and all of the course resources (outlines, notes, etc.) were easy to locate for each lesson. - Contacting the course professor was simple through the interface, and the live chat was great! - The interactive whiteboard is amazing during lessons

Cons

- File formats were limited in terms of what types of files could be hosted/played. - Blackboard would, on occasion, crash and cause me to relaunch the site. Not a huge deal as it didn't happen that often.

Kylee from University of New Haven

Helpful with school work

It took a while to get accustomed to using Blackboard but after a while I could do it in my sleep. It makes accessing my course information simple and fast.

Pros

It is simple to use. I can easily view my grades and assignments whenever I need to. If I ever need to get in contact with my professors, blackboard makes it convenient and easy to find their information.

Cons

The iOS app often crashes or logs you out automatically very frequently

Blackboard

Blackboard is a great tool for school use. It allows you to stay organized and ahead of schedule. It is also a great way to stay in communication with professors and classmates to ask for help.

Pros

Blackboard was a great tool that I used when I was a student in order to keep in contact with my professor and classmates. It also allowed me to view assignment, past and upcoming. It helped me stay organized and on time with all of my assignments.

Cons

Not a con towards Blackboard, the school I was attending just switched from Blackboard to Canvas. At this time, I don't dislike anything about Blackboard.

Becca from University of Houston-Clear Lake

Excellent Alternative to Google Hangouts, Skype or FaceTime for Online Tutoring or Conferencing

We use this program in the Student Success Center for hosting online sessions (including live video interaction) for our tutoring and academic coaching services. We sometimes record a session for later use in training or for student reference. I have used it to conduct and record interviews for research purposes, as well.

Pros

I love that the "receiver" (in our case, the student who is meeting a tutor or academic coach online for a video session) doesn't have to download an app or program or even create an account or log-in. They can access a session through their browser using the link we send. This saves a lot of tech issues or the student having to make an account to access other options like Hangouts, Skype, FaceTime, etc.

Cons

Some of the features aren't easy to find. It could be more intuitively designed. There are help guides, but I have often thought that many features should be obvious and easy to find and not require the use of the Help section.

Michelle from Epiphany Moments

Super Easy Way To Communicate With Students and Upload, Organize and Grade Assignments

Pros

I used this software when I taught business courses for Ashford University. It was incredibly easy to use and I was able to upload video as well as the text for each chapter of the book. Once you have put all the work into setting up your course it is super simple to duplicate.

Cons

Every once in a while a student would have trouble uploading their paper or assignment to blackboard, however this was an easy fix with a call to support. Every time I called support they were able to quickly resolve the issue the first time I called.

Peter from EVSC

A solid collaboration platform for those who use Blackboard

Pros

Collaborate offers a nice platform for real-time text and video conferencing. For those who already use Blackboard, there's no reason to choose any other software.

Richard from Amarillo College

Blackboard Collaborate

Pros

Ease of use and integration into Blackboard courses with the additional capability of use outside of the LMS. The ability to hold virtual meetings for business as well as academics is great. Our instructors love using Collaborate for virtual office hours and our HR department uses it for job interviews and board meetings. Great program.

Cons

The compatibility with browsers other than Chrome has caused issues for faculty in the past. It is our understanding that Collaborate is made specifically for Chrome, which is not everyone's browser of choice.

Great LMS When Needing the Basics

Pros

Overall I would say this product is straight forward when it comes to its functionality. The average user does not have to play around with the software to figure out what they need

Cons

Administratively it can be difficult to find how to adjust the settings and launch things using the software. It can take multiple steps to do something that should be easily handled.

Learn at Home

I would say most of the time it definitely serves its purpose. It has functionality to be able to ask questions, and allows the organizer to manage it without being overwhelmed.

Pros

It doesn't cost anything for us to install and use. We don't have to worry about subscriptions.

Cons

Some times it just doesn't seem to be able to support the number of users on at one time in one class room

Elizabeth from Pageant of Swans and Sparrows

Blackboard with communication

One has taken instruction on the Blackboard platform, turned in assigments for both work and education, and collaborated on work projects.

Pros

This software is easy to utilize within an organization. It offers the opportunity to collaborate with others, go into private discussion rooms, and do instruction.

Cons

Crashes at moments and does not opporate all the time as expected.

Courtney from Health eCareers

Great tool for college classes.

Saved time and effort during a busy college life.

Pros

There is so much to keep track of with classes, assignments, grades, etc. and blackboard lets everything stay in one place so students and teachers aren't spending too much time just locating items.

Multi-functional

Overall, Blackboard is usually reliable and easy to use, it just has issues from time to time.

Pros

I love using blackboard because its good for tests, quizzes, homework assignments, and posting notes and info needed.

Cons

I don't like how often it crashes or has weird bugs where grades or assignments aren't available like they're supposed to be.

Makayla from Eagle's Gymnastics

Great Platform for Studnets

Pros

I have used Blackboard for years as a college student. It has a lot of great features, like built-in messaging and grading scales, that make it easy for students to communicate with professers and understand course requirements.

Cons

Blackboard is not the most intuitive, and it takes a while to get the hang of.

My classes occur in classroom and I use this platform as an virtual educative experience

A good platform for a virtual experience educational

Pros

I enjoy to preparer the scenario previously and while the students login to the platform, I chat with them: "Hey, welcome" and I invite them to change their profile, after that, I share with them my PowerPoint files or I give them the guideline to share their files. To assign or change the session-role with the students has been a great experience: let them drive the class and expose their jobs from their device, sharing their desktop, letting them to use any software to show it. Its `no necessary a big bandwidth of Internet, it works fine with medium/low bandwidth, in this way the video and the sound communication are pretty good, considering this.

Cons

I must take time to teach/familiarize previously for the students in the use of the platform, it is not an intuitive software.

Haley from Benchmark Human Services

Great for First Timers

Pros

I've used a variety of Blackboard platforms from school specific portals to more generic uses for younger ages and it's very easy to figure out how to use from the getgo.

Cons

I have definitely had glitches where there is a lag and it's hard to keep up with a string of conversation with collaborators.

Andreas from Cyta

A useful tool that is used in Open Universities

Pros

I have been using Blackboard Collaborate for the last 1.5 years and I can say that it does its job. It's easy to use, simple and it works as it was supposed to do. I like the fact that you can open multiple instances of the tool in case you want to watch archive recordings and pause them to continue at a later time.

Cons

A few times the tools won't run. There are also times that there is a delay on sound and it's not clear what is the problem.

Gabrielle from Davenport University

Easy collaborative learning

As a life long student and teacher, I use this application for most of my assignments. I don’t have to have long tutorials on how this product works because most students understand it.

Pros

The best thing about this design is that it is a shared experience with you and multiple users. It’s video and audio quality is clear. There is no lagging and it’s very simple to understand and use. It’s widely accepted at most of the US universities and allows for uniformed communication efforts. It also interfaces with several other software products.

Cons

It’s not as tech savvy as more up to date applications. Also, it does not have consistent functionality on all internet browsers.

I loved working on blackboard

Pros

I like how things were compartmentalized on the side. Everything was easy to use. You could change the theme to suit your needs. We took quizzes, collaborated with groups and interacted with the professor on the platform

Cons

Bo significant cons to note. Great and clean platform to work on