• Pros

• "Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life."

• "Nifty is a solid product and works great in collaboration, actually it is supported by a great team, i love working with it daily. "

• "The ease of use for myself and my clients has been a huge advantage. I love that Nifty has such a small learning curve that I’ve never had to train my clients how to use it. "

• Cons

• "The only con I can think of is that it is fairly new and has some bugs. HOWEVER, the Nifty team is very responsive and organized. They crush those bugs fairly quickly."

• "*Sometimes* it can be a little glitchy, I'm guessing because they're always adding improvements and updates. But this isn't all that bad at all."

• "Teething problems from first use, and starting to input milestones etc without the ability to move easily into another (the right!) workstream. But the support have been really helpful at every step. "

Browse Nifty Reviews

Alberto from Gradehacker

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros

Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons

The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Value for pricing is better for us with Nifty.

Viktor from ProjectArmy, LLC

Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!

Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros

Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful. It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year. Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there. I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons

My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this. Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

We've used these over the last few years. Nifty was the right price and the right feature set that we needed. It's easy to use and support is fast and friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Plutio is a nice app, but it's a business management app with project management functionality. They're adding a lot of features we don't need while project management isn't prioritized. So we decided to go with a dedicated project management app to get features missing in Plutio as of this writing: milestones, dependencies, native mobile apps, ability to group projects (Nifty calls it portfolios), and overall more stable experience. Plutio can be buggy with each update, more like a stable beta version. Nifty is also a lot faster than Plutio.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication

Pros

I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago. The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication. Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one. Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication. This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons

While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier). Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level. It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

Alex from SKY Japan

Industry: Translation and Localization

Looked greener, but totally failing

Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

Pros

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter. There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly reloads, and kicks you off the page. There are no notifications for DMs on the platform, so you can't go back through your daily messages unless you sign up for email notifications, and even then if you accidentally checked it there's no way to reset it. Adding people to teams is easy enough for the administrator, but people won't see notifications in the chat until they initially click on it. The task does not automatically notify the next person on the list even if there's a dependency. The only way to get it to notify someone is through the kanan. DM windows are too small and unnoticeable. The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right. The tasks list by tag number by default instead of the way you arrange them in the list, making it easy to miss deadlines. You have to sort the list by deadline every time you enter a particular project, and when you have 50+ projects, it's just inane. Nifty does not offer refunds.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Originally because of the top down view, but at this point, I don't know anymore.

Jc from Haiku Steps

Best project management app I've used to date

Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros

Cons

Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

Asana, Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Sleek UI, customer service, and great onboarding

Mheljon from Pinnacle Status LLC

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

Pricing

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Pricing. Nifty even offered a lifetime deal which is beyond a good deal.

Heather from Dating Kinky, Inc.

The system I needed...

I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly. It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Price. Also, I like the team, they have been responsive to my requests, and fix bugs quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Cost, primarily. I'm a startup, and Clickup's guest options were not powerful enough for what I needed, and I couldn't see paying more for each collaborator.

Christopher from Strategic Visionz

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows. This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Try Nifty. You'll know why we chose them in just a few minutes.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Clickup was clunky and not flexible enough for our needs.

Alexander from Rentbridge

Does More Cohesively and Easily for Agencies Than Any Other

Overall, 9/10.

Pros

Love how easy it is to keep track of multiple projects, communicate with clients and my team, to easily reference files, and to plan out the development of project milestones.

Cons

The tasks/milestones aren't always the most intuitive. It can be difficult to find where to assign tasks and I'm not sure if milestones can be assigned- which makes it tedious attaching each sub-task. I also hid my side bar once, making it small, and it took me several minutes to find out how to open it to create a project. Hope I don't do that again. These are minor but annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

We switched from Trello, Google Sheets, and slack. And this throws in a bunch of Asana- which we gave up a long time ago for it's poor UI (in my opinion). This does all of them better and more cohesively at the cost of just one of them.

Kianja from Bookkeepers and Associates, LLC.

An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team

This is an amazing piece of software. I not only use this for my business, but also to manage school work for my children as we have to conduct school from home during the pandemic.

Pros

I found the Gantt project management style really helpful and intuitive. I love the fact that I can assign tasks to team members, have chats in real time and can conduct video calls via zoom within the software. Kaban view is extremely helpful as we move through projects.

Cons

I would love to use this as an all in one client portal for my accounting business, but this software doesn't have invoicing capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

I love using the Gantt style for project management.

Diego from Diego de Guindos

Amazing project management software

I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros

You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone. It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers. It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons

Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly. However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

Simplicity, UX, features and price

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

More features and better price

Better than most out of the gate

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Notion has terrible task management and onboarding is a nightmare due to the complexity of the platform. We looked at a lot of other platforms and none of them had the kind of document creation and management that we are looking for.

Agni from EVOX Sytems

Very easy to use but powerful

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools. Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it 1. Easy leaning curve 2. Chat feature within the system. 3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group 4. The design is great. 5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom) 6.integration with Github. 7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion. 8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like 1. No integartion with Gitlab yet. 2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy. 3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's 4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow.. 5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.

Design and Chat feature

Joshua from Ground Up Pte. Ltd.

The absolute best project management software you will ever use

Pros

There are so many pros, I'm not sure where to begin. The experience of the tool so far gives me the vibe that the tool is very mature, but the team is very adaptive and open to new ideas without compromising on their vision. Qualities I can definitely stand behind. So anyway, back to the pros: - Beautiful and FAST interface: When staring at something all day, you want something great to look at. - Fool proof UX: Everything is so easy to use and intuitive. - Milestones Swimlane View: Changed my life and way of doing things - Dark Mode: A must have for me - iOS App: Makes my life a ton easier - Zoom Integration: I wonder why so many other PM tools didn't think of this - Recurring Task, dependencies, and the list goes on so I won't bore you. If I could only praise one thing, I would give mad props to the Nifty team. They have rolled out multiple updates in the span of a month, and have been extremely involved with their community. Every issue I encountered was fixed, and every question I asked was promptly replied.

Cons

There's only 1 con so far that I encountered. The ability to export to other PM tools. Sometimes we get clients who specifically want to manage their project on Trello or Asana. It would be great if we could export our pre-existing task templates and milestones across for such use cases. It's easy to port in, but not easy (for not) to export out. However, I understand they are already working on this, so we'll just have to wait.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

In a nutshell, Nifty is way more powerful and by comparison makes Trello seem very basic.

Tayshiro from Studio Única

Industry: Cosmetics

Simple enough and complex enough

Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Nifty has a great UI/UX and it’s simple enough yet complex enough

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Too many bells and whistles from other PM tools slow down my tasks. Nifty has enough without Lacking features.

Joel from BAM Create Inc.

Giving bigger companies in the PM space a run for their money!

I think Nifty is something people should pay attention to, especially if you are working remotely and want to manage a team. The support is very responsive, and I hope that they always will. They are eager to listen to your feedback, and seem to care about wanting your business. It's not the perfect platform for us as of yet, but it's definitely moving in that direction. We are moving away from Asana, and will put our faith in Nifty to scale with us.

Pros

Time tracking that is integrated with team/client chat with Zoom integrated is our favourite features, The rest is very similar to what you would find on other PM competitors. We also love that we can create Gdocs right inside the app.

Cons

The iPad app sucks, I know there are plans this year to specifically address that, but currently, it's just what you see on the iPhone. In the next week, there will be a push for an iPad version, but their new experience may not roll out until the end of 2020. The other major issue that is beyond their control, but the comments from Asana when you import everything doesn't transfer, and the setup or structure also doesn't import. SO each time, it resets your structure if you are transitioning over.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

It had more of what we needed then the features we wanted. It had key parts integrated that would make running everything WAY more efficient without frankenstein'ing everything together. Project loads are a HUGE factor when working on multiple projects to maintain a service of excellence.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Integrated time-tracking for team members, story points to monitor workload, and team/client chat was the main reason.

James from To'ak Chocolate

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far: * High level of control with project management but simple interface * Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars * Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators * Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams * Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Trello was the initial trail blazer but then they lagged behind in features and UX. Nifty combines most/all essential project management tools in one place.

Akhil from zealsync

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Features, and the UI/UX!

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Because of the feature availability, faster customer support!

Kaushal from XENRION

Awesome Project Managment Tool

Biggest problem we faced was streamlining discussion with clients, stake holders and staff. Using discussion module we have been added to reduce the exchange of emails between clients and our company. Tasks / Milestones Templates have made us to create a particular project easily and quickly

Pros

Nifty is one of the best project management tool we have used till date. Onboarding Clients as Guests Onboarding clients on Nifty portal is pretty straight forward. With simple few clicks we can add our clients as guests on their respective projects. They can add their tasks and check the overall progress of their project. Tasks Module & Milestones It's easy to create tasks in nifty and at the same time attach a particular task list to a Milestone. We can assign each tasks and its sub tasks to a particular member and create a task dependency , milestone dependency Discussion This is by far - my most favorite module of Nifty. This allows my team to have discussion with clients. Clients can attach their files , comments , leave message about project etc. Docs & Files Docs & Files section helps us to keep all relevant project details in one place. Mobile APP Nifty has a mobile app. It's so user friendly. Using the app , our clients, users can leave their comments attach files on the go.

Cons

It doesn't offer white label project portal. For few agencies, this might be a deal breaker. Also it doesn't have an Invoice / Payment module built in.

Sherayn from Foot Locker EMEA

Nifty is great programming for administering portfolios, delineations, and messages.

I have used Nifty for business reasons and I imagined that it was valuable since it gives various workplaces under one spot. It is the best application to wander the board. It gives information about the undertaking and it helps with keeping an eye out for adventure improvement. It is maybe the best application for business reasons.

Pros

A prestigious application that is used wherever all through the world, it is my preferred programming like this application has incredible quality. It is significant for email promoting similarly as accommodating for a live talk where we can show up at each other viably and collaborate to complete endeavor at one phase. An astute part, the best bit of the application is the colossal number of a blend. Shrewd contains dashboard, this component is the current rundown. We can similarly say the dashboard is information the official gadget. It contains accomplishment following and it is a strong section in the endeavor the board since accomplishment shows the keys, and guide progress ahead. It gives a significant hold for a monetary master without made plans to trade, and the proportion of peril is close to nothing.

Cons

Nifty has some degree more noteworthy cost than trading the fundamental stock. Time decay is another drawback of cunning. On occasion budgetary expert needs to confront unlimited test since they don't have some other strategy to reduce the danger.

Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools

Pros

We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit. A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons

It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback. You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Joshua from Uphold Real Estate

Every business is a project management business

I believe our business is going to benefit greatly from switching to Nifty

Pros

The overall ease of use is why I am even leaving a review. We were using ClickUp for our transaction management, however I found that platform to have a much higher learning curve and when I discovered Nifty I knew this was the platform to manage a transaction on.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

The overall ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

The learning curve was to high in my opinion. I found my self struggle to learn that platform. Not so with Nifty. It is easy to find what you are looking for or get the results you want because it is structured logically which makes it super easy to use.

Albert from Navigaia Journeys

Best PM software for NGOs and small teams

We needed a solution for effective project management with our small team. Nifty brings great possibilities to add details to tasks and also to add task dependencies and milestones. Great to switch between views (Kanban, List, Gantt).

Pros

+ possibility to assign more than 1 person to a task + awesome and responsive support + neat and intuitive UI + customizable, I can switch off the chat function which we don't use so the UI stays sleek + dependencies and milestones + Gantt view + Great features like integrated time tracking and custom fields that allow us to customize tasks to our needs + compared to other pm software best pricing for small teams (flat rate not price per member) + discount for Non-Profits

Cons

- mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Functionality and UI

Pricing

Anil from 3ANGLE CORP

Simplify your Project Management

So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros

I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons

I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Nifty has a better value per feature per price point. I can easily scale up or down depending on the project workload. Having that flexibility is important as no project lasts forever, every project is a bit different and every project requires different resources.

Rafael from LVCO

Excellent management and collaboration tool!

I’ve used them all! For software development, Nifty is hands down the best there is!

Pros

I love the interface. It’s incredibly easy to manage multiple portfolios of projects with all the tools needed to execute initiatives.

Cons

Solid product! No dislikes. The team is doing a great job. Considering this is a newer tool on the block, the team is doing excellent on adding features.

Yannick from The Jazz Spotlight

Industry: Music

Project management + team communication platform

Overall, my experience with Nifty has been good – in particular, the team communication features have simplified some things for me.

Pros

The one thing I like the most about Nifty is that it combines two platforms: a project management and a team communication one. Sure, from a project management perspective you'll find things like task creation, different views (like Kanban and Gantt), but you'll also find features like collaborative documents and time tracking. As for the team communication piece, I'm a fan of the fact that you can communicate with others like you would in a team communication platform and you can even start a Zoom meeting, with just a couple of clicks, straight from inside Nifty.

Cons

True, Nifty can potentially replace several tools you may be currently using. However, its starting price of $49 can be seen as quite the investment and, therefore, you need to be ready to be spending at over $500/years for using it. If you think that some project management tools have a Free Forever plan...

Leonardo from Wolff Consultoria

Easy to Use and Productivity Focused PM

Pros

We tested a lot of PM's, if you do client work or any project related tasks, I think you have been there, right? Each new PM, brings a lot of new excitement and features, but, also problems :( Nifty has become our main tool for projects, it's easy to use, full of features, Google Docs are integrated and you can share files with one click! You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this. If you need use to use and granular control at the same time, without the need of a bachelor degree in nuclear engineering, you will be happy with Nifty

Cons

I like the app, just think they could add a client portal, with login and password.

Vitali from Belcert BY LLC

Great PM tool for project manager

We use every day with my team to work on clients' projects. A very convenient and intuitive solution - used to in a couple of days

Pros

Great project management app - very clean and easy to use interface. Installed and configured in one day. Cool features and features: built-in time tracking, a very convenient hup with files and documents for the project

Cons

Not enough integration especially webhooks and open API. In development - promised before the end of the year to do

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Asana more expensive solution, but I believe that soon Nifty will catch up with the main chips

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

More powerful and easy use for my team

Tracey from Userlane

Great team collaboration tool with solid solutions for client management

Great team behind the platform. Super helpful. A fantastic alternative to other collaboration tools out there!

Pros

With Nifty, we are able to manage and connect our project team members in one creative workspace. This tool has helped us to improve our collaboration processes at both the team and client levels. Nifty has enabled us to move forward faster with more clarity, helping us meet deadlines with ease. An awesome feature is Nifty documents and files, which serve as a central hub of our content and document collaboration. There are many useful and practical features that are designed to make us more effective and efficient with managing our projects. We also like the fact that we can set milestones and the overview section is fantastic for tracking each project, its progress, and time frames. Another pro is the ability to import projects/ documents etc. from other apps, such as Trello and Asana.

Cons

We can't say we don't like anything in particular about Nifty! Perhaps the onboarding process could be improved slightly to give more in-app information (the platform uses tooltips) on navigating the software and how to explore all its features (because there is a myriad of awesome ones to explore!). There are links to external documents, but it would enhance the UX if more navigation is provided in-app. While intuitive to use (with an awesome UI that you can customize), the onboarding experience can be maximized to ensure users can get set up faster and start being productive. But

Adam from FieldPulse

Nifty is a Must for PMs

Pros

Before Nifty we used PivotalTracker. It was a mess. Engineers were duplicating tasks, QA didn't know what was ready for test, and my fellow department heads had no idea what was being released or when it was being released. Then we got Nifty, and everyone had clear visibility to their tasks, deadlines, and what needed to be done. Department heads and partners could plan releases efficiently. It was like everything just started working like it was supposed to. If you build and ship software. You need Nifty to manage your projects.

Cons

Sprint velocity needs to be improved a bit, but it is on their road map. However, its current version of tracking user story points is better than Jira.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Pivotal just lacked features we needed. Specifically, the ability to see everyone's workloads. A feature Nifty excels at. In one glance, I can see what all of my team is working on and when it will be done. It makes it easy to plan our next quarter's road map.

Gabriel from Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great little find in a sea of many project management tools

It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros

Hello, I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons

I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

I felt it too overwhelming to use, Jira is nice and all but honestly I wanted something more straight forward to use.

Raven from New Millennia Legal Resources

Industry: Law Practice

Slick Product for Client Management

I manage all of my teams and clients in Nifty. I love how they are constantly adding new features and integrations. This company is demonstrably passionate about continuous improvement, and I love it!

Pros

I love the abilities to organize by portfolios, add clients, track time, chat with my employees, create custom fields, basically everything.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

An employee suggested it.

Amador from Retro.Camp

Simply the BEST pm tool I have ever used

Best experience I ever have in working with PM tools, and I have tried a lot, like: Trello, Asana, Ora.pm, Teamwork, Jira, Wrike, Monday, Basecamp... you name it. If you are using any of those apps already, I can guarantee you that Nifty is better. The Overview section is the perfect view to start the day, with an admin dashboard where you can see at glance everything that is going on. The Workload dashboard is the second place where you want to check if you have a team. The Project Overview is the best project dashboard I have seen in any other tool, where you can configure to include the project data widgets you want to see when you open the project. For any of the above, nothing better that check a Nifty tour in Youtube, for example.

Pros

Ease of use. Clear view of everything you are working on. Kanban and Agile are VERY easy to use, and still have ALL the functionality. Milestones configuration is supreme. Support is great and the team is very eager to accept suggestions and update the software accordingly.

Cons

The Task description area is the only thing I think it could be improved. It should be more prominent at first sight, and include a simple text editor. It is a minor CON though, and the good thing about the task description area is that it saves automatically (so, in case you click on any othe button or get out the task, the description is saved, no matter what.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Ease of use. Features. Gantt. Dahsboards.

Ersan from Learnia PTE LTD

Great product, replace Asana for me

Pros

Cons

Actually there 's nothing that I dont like about the product and as much as I use it i love it more.

Much fair pricing tiers.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Nifty is much fair than Asana in terms of pricing

Timur from Sports Virtuoso

Nice and easy PM tool that is actually enjoyable to use

Pros

Onboarding process is very quick. Just watch a quick tutorial to understand main features and you are good to go. What we like the most is the simplicity of creating and working on the project. You choose which parts you need and disable the ones that you don't. For example, if you have a simple project without the need for Milestones, time tracking etc, you just remove them from your view in one click so that your screen looks nice and tidy. Also, we love the integration with Google docs. Very well done and lets you collaborate on certain documents even without inviting to Nifty. Also, the communication with your teammates made really easy with the ability to tag and comment on every element including files in subtasks. We used several PM tools in the past and almost lost hope to find the one that our small team would be willing to use. Fortunately, we gave Nifty a try and couldn't be happier.

Cons

Not really. The only thing that could come in handy would be the ability to create the task by sending an email.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Simple to use, beautiful UI design. Powerful collaboration features.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

a previous PM tool was too complex and the UI wasn't pleasant to the eyes

Mike from Amalgamated Switch and Signal Comnpany LLC

Speedy, flexible task and project management software

Very good. We found a reproducible issue and reported it, and it was fixed very quickly.

Pros

We have tried many task and project management systems over thee last few years. While some have been great in certain aspects, they would each fall short in some specific way that made it less-than-ideal. Thus far, NiftyPM has been a joy to use. Much of that is because of one simple feature... SPEED. NiftyPM does not get in my way when I am creating tasks, moving them around, assigning them to others, etc. Nifty does pretty much everything that I wanted it to do, and the (very) few things it doesn't are on the road map, so I am pretty happy with it. The dark mode interface design is also very well thought out.

Cons

Because there is a large amount of data involved, the interface can be a bit overwhelming. However, it is very well-designed, so once you get used to it, the software becomes much easier to navigate. There are a few small things I would like to be added/implemented. For example, the ability to easily see the date/time when a task was created, along with date/time stamps of when it moved from one status to another.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Other products were sluggish and got in the way of efficient task and project management.

Julie from Velky Consulting

Everything my team needs in one application.

Pros

Nifty has built in both kanban and gantt style project management, team and client chat functionality, native docs and google doc/sheet integration, calendaring and workload management, and other features I haven't even dug into yet. It's saving me and my team from having to switch between 3-4 applications to get the same work done. It's giving clients better insight into their projects and also helping us move the client back-and-forth out of the endless email threads and into project discussions that are easier to track.

Cons

As with any new application, it takes a few minutes to learn your way around but the onboarding process was smooth and easy.

Everything in one place.

Belen from 23 Design

The tool that helped manage 11 projects at the time

We're a design studio working with startups and corporates to improve their user experiences and visual interfaces, as well as service design. We manage several projects per month and Nifty helped me as the unique Program Manager at the studio, to manage all the projects we have, being very accurate with their milestones, tasks and deadlines.

Pros

I love the milestones + tasks features, it gives me the possibility to map very clearly on time how we're doing on each project we have.

Cons

The learning curve might be challenging for certain roles that might benefit from it, it needs more help during the onboarding.

Reasons for Choosing Nifty

Nifty was the only one that had a clear timeline to map milestones and the progress, that was the big feature that helped me decide.

Josecar from Jointio

Beautiful and Functional

Pros

The UI is simple, beautiful and it includes a dark mode. I like that you have a homepage for each project where you can see all the assets of the project and how the project is going. Projects are divided into 3 levels: Project > Milestones > Tasks. Milestones are great because you can divide the project and then focus on accomplishing those milestones that will lead you to finish the project. You also have a workload timeline for checking if you have empty people or someone is overloaded.

Cons

Even if it's really solid, nothing is perfect, so here some points that would help to improve it: - Adding a "help" icon/button in each task/subtask would be fantastic. We could link that button to our own documentation. That documentation would explain the process of how to accomplish that task. That's especially useful for letting new employees how to accomplish something without needed to micromanaging them and also for not so usual tasks where forgetting details is easy. - Emojis are cool, but please add gifs to the chat. - Add task groups and task templates, not only project templates. That would give us more flexibility - Need an easier way to go back to the projects tab from settings. I haven't found the way of doing it, so I need to go to my main URL into the browser tab. Maybe I'm missing something, but if it's that way it's annoying. - Zoom integration is cool, but there are better options out there. Webhooks for integrating it with Integromat and our desired service would be the best.

Gerry from Bright Marketing Co

Client collaboration has never been easier

Pros

Finally! With Nifty, our clients and team can collaborate in one work space. Now our processes are fully aligned with our to-dos, and we're finally making a step forward from messy email communication. It was really relieving for us that our clients actually love to use the tool and don't have a problem using it. Nifty is helping us understand what actually needs to be done and when. We're moving forward faster and with more clarity. One of the best features (and the place we get the majority of our work done) is the Nifty Project Discussions where we can communicate, share ideas and turn discussions into actionable projects.

Cons

Haven't noticed any so far. We're very happy with Nifty.

Enrico from Ed. Alféizar

Industry: Publishing

A very good tool, better than the competitors

Till now I'm very happy about this software, I'm migrating from Freedcamp and I'm missing some of its features but enjoying other that nifty has. I hope that they will improve a lot with their roadmap

Pros

Nifty is great to manage my team and attribute tasks to every one. I use it with "guests": collaborators who just have to do something simple but I want to monitorize with Nifty

Cons

They should add some very simple tools, filters or button to make easier the navigation and the user experience. I mean a button to go back at task screen from settings A "order by" button in milestones and tasks etc.

Milestones, Critical Path and Discussion over Docs won me

Milestones, Critical Path, Discussion over Docs

Pros

Milestones, Critical Path and Discussion over Docs won me. I think they are implemented in a very well thought way. All those are essential to anyone want to call himself efficient Project Manager.

Cons

UI becomes a little bit crowded sometimes. But I expected that cause of the may features. Maybe even better design/UX would solve this even further.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Freedcamp was slow mobile app was not ready.

Gerard from mylist.ltd

Finally I decided to move from monthly payment Asana to Nifty

Getting complete solutions for pm is a complex waiting game but not anymore. This has almost the all in one solutions to manage teams and projects

Pros

So I use Asana for more than 1 year until last week i try Nifty, check all the features and decided to stop my monthly subscription and move to Nifty. I have small team, 1 code is enough for me but, think of my big plan in the future, i will get more extra codes. Good luck for you guys, and please keep update the future :) Stay Safe!

Cons

mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Jeffery from Roomz Technologies

Collaborative and beyond!

Pros

Nifty enabled me to work in one workspace and has really helped my team be organized and accomplish its milestones.

Cons

The chats on web, mobile and other means are not always so in sync.

PhiL from Intact Media

Finally, an easy productivity tool!

I have moved from using Meistertask, notes, to-do-list, etc to just nifty. It's really convenient!

Pros

The user experience was by far the best thing about Nifty. I was able to set up really quickly and start mapping out all the tasks that needed to be done.

Cons

There isn't really much I don't like about Nifty. They did release a new app though which I have been using, they are always updating so that is annoying, but in reality its a good thing.

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

The amount of features and the reviews really got me, I had to try it! Now I love it!

Alan from Scotoma Partner

Nifty integrates 3 applications into one

Integrating 3 applications - Asana, project managment, Slack, team messaging, and Everhour, time recording into one application. This won't replace Slack completely for us, but will move a lot of currnet slack conversations directly into Nifty.

Pros

Ability to record time on Projects. The structure of Projects /Tasks and how they related to Portfolios was good.

Cons

Would like to see some better reporting around time spent on projects. Would like to have the ability to customize widgets and add widgets

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

To bring into one application, rather than using add ons.

David from The Water Scrooge®

Industry: Environmental Services

Great Tool! Gets me home an hour earlier!

I've tried every tool and this was best

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic had my employees using Nifty instantly!

Cons

Could use more integrations for my industry

Micah from Transfix

Best PM tool I've used yet

Overall I am incredibly happy. Can't wait for them to explode.

Pros

I liked the ease of you, the gant charts made everything super helpful to plan. It works - which although all PM tools are supposed to, this one I felt made things clear and organized enough that our team used it and benefited from it.

Cons

I just wish it was more ubiquitous, had more integrations, and that I had it years ago!!! Early product but it's going to be great!

Reasons for Switching to Nifty

Because I needed something better!

Finally! The project management platform we've been looking for...

Feel like we've tried every project management platform the cloud has on offer - some have proven too complex and cumbersome (expensive bells and whistles we just don't need) or too simplistic for our requirements (we piece together 3-4 different platforms and zaps galore, so fragmented and inefficient). When we discovered Nifty we were overjoyed and it's been a seamless transition. The platform is robust, very intuitive and a pleasure to spend time in. The support team are excellent - very quick to respond, thorough in their answers and genuinely interested in having a dialogue with their customers.

Pros

+ Strikes the perfect balance between big-picture planning (roadmap is fantastic) and the daily grind (tasks, files and collaboration). + Functionality without the bloat. Can take you from startup to scale. + Beautiful interface, very intuitive. + Excellent price-point! Worth every dollar.

Cons

No cons. A couple of very minor tweaks would be welcome, but nothing that would stop us using the platform. Plus anything we've queried is already on Nifty's short-term roadmap.

Tabitha from So Millennial LLC

What A Nifty Tool

I like the tool a lot, and I cant wait to see them grow.

Pros

Nifty is the perfect project management tool to manage any project daily. I can't function without Nifty.

Cons

Nifty doesn't have as many features as ClickUp or Asana, but I'm optimistic about how their development. Their customer service could use some work too. They are super nice, but it takes weeks to get a response from them.