All Nifty Reviews

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Tayshiro

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Simple enough and complex enough

Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

PROS

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

CONS

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Reason for choosing Nifty

Nifty has a great UI/UX and it’s simple enough yet complex enough

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Too many bells and whistles from other PM tools slow down my tasks. Nifty has enough without Lacking features.

Amanda F

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great for keeping all projects in order

I think it's great that there are checkpoints along the way. It's a visible reminder that I need to prioritize catching up on older tasks rather than adding more to my list right away. It reminded me a lot of Asana. I appreciate the timer so much since it allows me to keep track of my progress.

PROS

I was skeptical about trying Nifty because I had such a hard time settling on a task organizer that actually worked for me. Still, it outperforms every other task manager I’ve tried. It's easy to use, remembers everything I need to do, and sends me the most effective reminders of any app I've tried.

CONS

It doesn't appear that tasks may be linked easily with one another. There are some similarities to Asana, but there are also significant differences, such as the inability to assign the same task to more than one board or project.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Thanks to the revolutionary Nifty software, I no longer have to manually scrub the dishes. I'm relieved I finally took the jump and got this app. Now, more often than not, my dishes are spotless and gleaming. I still can't believe my good fortune in discovering Nifty after using it for more than a month.

Alex

Translation and Localization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Looked greener, but totally failing

Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

PROS

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

CONS

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter. There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly reloads, and kicks you off the page. There are no notifications for DMs on the platform, so you can't go back through your daily messages unless you sign up for email notifications, and even then if you accidentally checked it there's no way to reset it. Adding people to teams is easy enough for the administrator, but people won't see notifications in the chat until they initially click on it. The task does not automatically notify the next person on the list even if there's a dependency. The only way to get it to notify someone is through the kanan. DM windows are too small and unnoticeable. The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right. The tasks list by tag number by default instead of the way you arrange them in the list, making it easy to miss deadlines. You have to sort the list by deadline every time you enter a particular project, and when you have 50+ projects, it's just inane. Nifty does not offer refunds.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Originally because of the top down view, but at this point, I don't know anymore.

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

PROS

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far: * High level of control with project management but simple interface * Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars * Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators * Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams * Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

CONS

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Trello was the initial trail blazer but then they lagged behind in features and UX. Nifty combines most/all essential project management tools in one place.

Chandan

Reviewed February 2023

Probably the best project management tools I have used in past few years!

I have used tools like trello and clickup! But Nifty is like an all-rounder. It's very simplified for all type of users and is very very helpful.

PROS

1. Blazing fast2. Desktop and mobile app3. Usability4. UI5. Great features6. Simplicity7. Real-time notifiation

CONS

No default task reminders. Other than that, I thinks it's very useful and compact.

Reason for choosing Nifty

Nifty has more features in lesser pricing point

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Usability and pricing of the product.

Sean

Reviewed February 2023

Great product and always working on new features to make it better.

It's been great and the support has been amazing. I keep using it knowing more features will come and that you listen to your users.

PROS

The options and how you can change settings per project.

CONS

My biggest issue is partially my fault but also could be something I'm missing. One thing that would make the Kaban layout perfect would be to auto move tasks. If it's "In PRogress" and I check the box, have it automatically move to "In Review" and notify anyone that needs to review it. Instead I have to manually move it over and it never gets checked. I keep NOT using it because I want it to keep moving down the pipline.I keep ending up using note taking apps as thats a huge part of how I work. If there was a way to intergrate with craft.do and even have my note be attatched to different parts that would be great.

Reason for choosing Nifty

It seems to be most of what I wanted compared to everyone else at a price that makes sense.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

I needed more functionality that wasn't always an upcharge of $5/mo extra just for a small feature.

Marissa

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Must Used PM Tool

I’ve been using for a year and so far so good.

PROS

The ease of use, UI and it’s features. Very easy to use even for non tech people.

CONS

It’s not free and I wish they’ll support payment for invoice too.

Reason for choosing Nifty

It’s cheaper and more user friendly for non tech people

Reasons for switching to Nifty

We just want to try it out, eventually it works.

Lori

Our Team Thanks You!

Overall we love Nifty. It saves me time not only on organizing projects, but has saved me time as well since I am no longer having to search for better alternatives and setting them up - my team thanks you for that ;)

PROS

We love that it is simple to use, and makes total sense. We switched from a well-known tool that was over complicated. The team was very excited on making the switch. Was a seamless transformation - glad we did it.

CONS

Wish there was an easier way to edit templates, maybe I'm missing something but I find I have to resave a new one and delete the old one.

Reason for choosing Nifty

Nifty is so much easier to use and was a seamless and welcoming transition. No training is necessary! Love the clean and simple interface. It just makes sense.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

We found Zoho for Projects is over-complicated with way too much going on and hard to learn. It was hard to get the team to understand and use it.

Ufuk

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Having used them all - Nifty is the best!

PROS

Speaking about around 8 year agency experience as a Project Manager I have tried them all: JIRA, Trello, Asana, Monday and so on and so forth. I must admit that when leaving JIRA aside since it's for a different purpose IMO, nifty is the best among them! It's even that good that internally we don't use teams or slack anymore since it also offers a chat function.

CONS

Nothing to add here. There's really nothing bad about this software. There used to. When cloning a Milestone you'd only clone the milestone without the tasks associated with it. That problem does not exist anymore and the team has developed such awesome features of which I didn't know I need them. But I do. Every day!

Reasons for switching to Nifty

For Asana we paid 149$/month per User. At nifty we pay 149/month for 50 users. Any more questions?

Josh

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2024

Nifty is Great for Collaboration

Overall, Nifty is a good project management tool for digital businesses. If you don't mind being limited in your customization of the tool, and you like something fairly simple to setup and use then it will be great for you.

PROS

Nifty is excellent to use with clients, especially if you need to communicate them about the progress of their projects. It's great for getting approvals or revisions when doing client work. The platform looks beautiful and is fairly easy to use.

CONS

I would have liked more customization options. Something as simple as matching colours to my own branding wouldn't be possible.

Reason for choosing Nifty

I ended up choosing Ora after trying Nifty because of their customization options.

Agni

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Very easy to use but powerful

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools. Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

PROS

This is what our team liked about it 1. Easy leaning curve 2. Chat feature within the system. 3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group 4. The design is great. 5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom) 6.integration with Github. 7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion. 8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

CONS

These are few of things we didnt like 1. No integartion with Gitlab yet. 2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy. 3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's 4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow.. 5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Reason for choosing Nifty

better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.

Design and Chat feature

Nhien

Reviewed February 2023

The BEST Project Management Tool; I actually use it!

For me, it houses everything in one place that I regularly reference, so my notes, my links, accounts, reminders, tasks, schedules, everything is all in here so I don't have to go to multiple places to handle client work.

PROS

I like the usability; it's very user friendly and my clients love how simple it is.I have used a few other project management software, but Nifty is by far my favorite. All of the features and functions pulled into one place.There are a few features that Nifty does not have like a Gantt chart, but I haven't used that feature in other software often nor have I relied on it, so so far, it's been wonderful for me. I've used it more often than I did my pro Asana account. Sometimes, having too many options leaves you not wanting to use the software at all, so I love the simplicity of Nifty. With that being said, there are still a lot more options and features that can be utilized - for those who use them - I just don't need anything incredible robust for my use.It's also really helpful for my clients to be able to assign tasks and see how far along we're coming

CONS

So far, I don't have any cons from Nifty

Reason for choosing Nifty

I had to come back to Nifty. I actually originally purchased it about 2 and a half years ago during an AppSumo sale and back then, it wasn't as fluid as it is now.When I started using it several months ago, something just clicked, to be honest.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

I got a fantastic deal on AppSumo

Cheryl

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Nifty is my best investment

My overall experience has been very positive. The few times that I've had any questions, the support team has been very responsive.

PROS

I love having the ability to communicate with my clients and staff all in one application. It's also easy for me to keep track of the various projects and notes.

CONS

I wish there was a ready-to-use CRM template that I can use. I think there's a blog posts that tells us how to use Nifty as a CRM, but I haven't had the time to sit there and get it done. So for now, I'm keeping things in a spreadsheet which isn't ideal.

Reason for choosing Nifty

At first, because it was a lifetime deal from Appsumo, but after working with it I purchased more codes and upgraded because it's the best system for me and my business.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

I didn't like the meeting feature (video was really slow), and projects were kind of cumbersome to handle.

Akhil

Internet, 2-10 employees

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

PROS

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

CONS

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Features, and the UI/UX!

Reasons for switching to Nifty

Because of the feature availability, faster customer support!

Vincent

Very good alternative to Monday.com

Very happy with Nifty in general. I would recommend it to individuals or companies looking for an alternative to Monday.com.

PROS

Nifty offers many options and views to follow up your projects (Kanban, Lists, timeline, etc.). Also, the mobile app is very useful.

CONS

Nifty is so complete that you will need to follow the tutorials in order to make the most of it.

Nifty is more complete.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

We switched from Monday.com because we had to pay to get some features...

Reviewed February 2023

The Best Project Management Tool I have ever used!!

Nifty is a promising project management tool that helps me to organize all aspects of my projects in one place. It is a great tool for non-designers as well as designers like myself, I really like the design and feel of the app, it is great for managing projects and keeping track of my team's activities.

PROS

Nifty.pm is a well-designed project management tool, in which I can easily organize my projects, tasks, deliverables, and more in one place. I must admit that the design of Nifty.pm is amazing, I use it for all of my projects. I love the Roadmap feature which shows the timeline with milestones of the project, and the ability to switch from Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Yearly Timeline with a click.

CONS

I wish I could also create invoices inside Nifty.pm like other project management tools.

Reasons for switching to Nifty

I don't like the timeline feature of Notion whereas Nifty.pm has amazing timeline.

Francis

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

One of the best scheduling tools for project management: Nifty

I turned on MFA for accessing Nifty account. I used Google Authenticator as the MFA app. When I changed the iPhone from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax, the data was transferred from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13 ProMax successfully. Unfortunately, the data in the Google Authenticator, which includes the NiftyPM credential, cannot be recovered. Therefore, I ask Nifty for help. Your Nifty staff immediately caught my problems and report to engineers to see if the MFA can be reset. Well, although the waiting time is long, the problem finally got solved happily.