• Pros

• "The software is very user friendly and very easy to use, even for older users. And the support is excellent."

• "I love the ease of access and it is so user friendly. "

• "It was very easy to navigate the pages. We had several members who were reluctant to try the product, but the ease of use made the transition easier for people to adapt."

• Cons

• "The approval function needs a little tweaking, at least from our perspective, but the overall voting piece is very easy to use."

• "SO far nothing yet. The platform is easy to use. The help function could be a little more helpful - I would like to search for a word and get all results rather than a manual."

• "Something things are a little hard to find; but the funtion is there."

Browse OnBoard Reviews

Sean from Nesta

Simple and Effective Board Managment

OnBoard has completely revolutionised the way we organise and hold board meetings. Due to the nature of our organisation, our trustees and board sub-committees hold a large number of meetings throughout the year. In the past, this caused a huge amount of overhead for our Company Secretary and EA's who organise the meetings, put together board packs, etc. OnBoard provides us with an easy to use platform for our admins to organise these meetings, create board packs, hold votes/approvals, and obtain signatures when necessary. What would previous take days our hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

Overall, the simplicity of OnBoard is it's strongest feature. With minimal training, our admins were able to quickly begin creating meetings and board packs. Simply put, OnBoard is a highly effective system that does exactly what we need it to do, without a mass of unnecessary features. It's also worth commenting on the strength of Passageways customer support. Our account manager worked very closely with us through every step of the implementation process, helping us with the initial setup of the system as well as training for our admins. Passageways also setup a number of training sessions for our Trustees, ensuring they were completely comfortable using the platform before go-live, which has lead to a high level of user adoption.

Cons

There is very little to dislike, however the left to right menu layout may be slightly confusing to some users who may be more familiar with a traditional top-down/webpage layout.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. Our Customer Success Team was thrilled by the huge compliment as well.

Easy interface

Most functionalities in OnBoard are much easier to use, both as an administrator and as a user. Customer service response has been good, but there are some features that they haven't been able to improve upon (ie agenda).

Pros

The OnBoard portal is easy for our board members to use with fewer clicks to get the information they need for their meeting. The view is the same from different devices which makes it easier for them to move between laptop and phone views. Having access to AGB resources is invaluable.

Cons

The feature I would like to see improved the most is the downloaded version of the agenda to Word from the agenda created on the site. It takes a lot of formatting changes to make it look good. The version that downloads is very difficult to read. We have tried uploading our own agenda, but then we lose the nice online version when we pull up the meeting book.

Kallee from South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations

Best Board Portal Software!

Pros

What's not to love? This software is super user friendly for both the administrator side and the end-user side. We transitioned to OnBoard after using another large board portal software and OnBoard is by far the favorite for our staff and members. There is also an app that is very user friendly and our members rave about the app.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software thus far.

Jordyn from Crestone Capital

Onboard is super helpful

I've had a very good experience with onboard. I've helped to integrate it into our advisory team and they love the fact that we can be more digital and print less. Our clients appreciate that we are taking on this green initiative within the company as well.

Pros

-saves a ton of money on printing costs -can easily replace and add documents to a presentation -you can add users with different permissions to different sections of the meeting -you can save resources to the resources tab for offline use (no need to access a network drive) -great for meetings when the team is travelling

Cons

-it is not easy to view documents within the software. Every time you upload a new document, the book re-builds so you cannot see the document until the book is done building

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

I was not the purchaser of the product

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the software and that it's helped your team. As for the builder, that can be a bit of a blessing and a curse. It updates, so your board members will have always up-to-date information, but it can be tough for you and it always updating.

Pearl from Axiom Bank

ALL 5 Stars

My overall experience was and still IS amazing! The team is so responsive, my sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing as well. He is not the guy that makes the sale and ignores you. He has kept in touch with me throughout the transition and is always responsive when I need him, if ever.

Pros

I love that the software is super user friendly. We used a different portal previous to this one and even my board had no trouble transitioning.

Cons

The only thing I would say is a little annoying is the wait for the book to be built. Once you have all the docs in the binder it has to build the book, which is understandable but I wish it was just a half a minute faster.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard offered the features we needed and the security is top-notch.

Pilar from Berklee

Simple, excellent features

Both our administrators and our board members adapted to using OnBoard very quickly! Our primary user says she loves the product every time she prepares for another board meeting - OnBoard truly works for us!

Pros

Drag and dropping documents into agenda. Creating the agenda is setup quite nicely.

Cons

I have nothing to add here - we are quite satisfied.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

It is simple - the other products tried too hard to make them everything any client could possibly want. They are not as user friendly, they are more expensive, and they have more features than we needed. Simple is very important for our board members.

Josh from Liberty Capital Bank

Josh Vinar - Liberty Capital Bank

Overall good, especially recently we have few to no issues and our older committee members now have significantly fewer issues getting logged in. (Although now that I say that, there will defiantly be one for the next meeting)

Pros

I find the ease of creating/adjusting meetings to be the best part. What we did before was stone age compared to this product.

Cons

I think that based on how we use the product the thing I like least or would like to see as an improvement would be to be able to invert the list or sort the list of past meetings? Or possibly be able to set up the "Template" meetings as the first ones in the list. This is a minor inconvenience, but we have somewhat built master meetings for our ongoing committees and they show up at the end since they are the oldest meetings.

Kyla from Board of Regents for the Oklahoma Agricultural & Mechanical Colleges

Best Board Portal Software Available

OnBoard has been great. The care team helped through every step of the process, from implementation to continued and ongoing support. They are very responsive to feature requests and are constantly working to improve the platform and add useful features. It has evolved a lot (for the better) even since our implementation just under a year ago.

Pros

OnBoard is a "one stop shop" for all matters related to Board business and Board Meetings. It can host not only meeting information, but policy manuals, communications, eSignatures, and more. It has streamlined more than just our meetings.

Cons

Export formatting/customization could be better, but the fact that the software is able to export data is very useful. I have to reformat agenda exports quite a bit to fit our standard, but at least I'm not starting from scratch. The export function is still very useful.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Much sleeker user interface than other platforms. Easier controls for admin personnel. More available/useful features than many other platforms.

Amy from CRISTA Ministries

Intuitive Product with Excellent Functionality

Our overall experience with OnBoard has been very positive. The support personnel have been readily available and here to support us as needed. The software is professional and fully able to accomplish what we need from the product.

Pros

This software was easy to use from the very beginning. The support staff was always available and went above and beyond to make sure our organization knew how to use all the functionality of the software. Moving to this software and training everyone on how to use it was easily accomplished, even for some of our older, more technologically challenged members. This software is easy to navigate during Board meetings and has all the features we need to run a meeting smoothly.

Cons

The only problem we've had is with page numbering. We have outside firms submitting presentations for our Board materials and their page numbers on their presentations don't line up with the Board Book numbers of how the documents land in the Board Book. This is easily worked around by telling them what number to start their presentations on, but it would be nice to have a better work-around.

Melinda (Mel) from Metropolitan State University of Denver

SO glad we made the switch!

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent. From the sales reps. to the account managers to our Implementation Manager - everyone has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

OnBoard is user-friendly and quite intuitive; it has been a life-saver when making last-minute changes to meeting agendas and materials; it's compatible with both Apple and Android devices; and going paperless has saved us a significant amount of time and money.

Cons

1. Honestly, it's a bit on the pricey side. 2. When an agenda item (title, time, position on agenda, presenter, supporting document, etc.) changes, the software rebuilds the entire board book and any user's annotations/notes disappear - even if their annotations were made to a section that wasn't changed. It would be great if there was a way to retain an individual user's notes/annotations. 3. In the Analytics section, instead of just an Aggregate Count of Book Views by Role and an Aggregate Count of Meeting Views by Role, I would LOVE to be able to see exactly who has viewed board books and meetings so we can track who is engaged on the portal and reach out to those who are not and see if they need additional training or assistance navigating the portal.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We chose OnBoard because of the user-friendliness and the availability of customer service and tech support.

Heather from Council on Postsecondary Education

Easy to Use and Responsive Customer Service

We have used online board books for over 6 years, but just within the last year switched to using OnBoard. Going to from hard copy materials to digital is a HUGE time and money saver, but switching from a basic agenda book system to OnBoard has simply made everyone's days more efficient. OnBoard provides a one-stop shop for my board members. It makes their service to our organization more professional and my service to them a lot easier and less time consuming. Additionally, the customer service at OnBoard is phenomenal. They take every concern and suggestion seriously and judiciously. That was an extremely nice perk that I didn't expect.

Pros

The program is easy to use and quick to implement. Users can be set up in minutes and begin working right away. I also like that there is a built in resources section so the app can be an all in one portal for users.

Cons

This is some slight lag time in building agendas - my fingers type faster than the program saves - and I often have to go back retype items that didn't save in time. Would also like a little more customization in the emails sent, the agenda templates, and table of contents template.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Easy to understand annual fee, clear features, their willingness to expand their offerings based on our needs, AGB materials included with annual fee

Karen from University of WI-Parkside

OnBoard ROCKS!

OnBoard has been a real time and paper saver for myself, as the admin support person and for our University. We moved our Foundation Board from a SharePoint site to OnBoard a little over two years ago. Our members love that they can use any device to view meeting materials and the site itself looks very professional on a large projection screen during actual meetings. Our members really like the resources folder so they can access Board documents easily.

Pros

The ease of use, especially when making changes to meeting agendas and materials!

Cons

I would like to be able to leave the meeting time blank when creating a new meeting. Sometimes I may have a confirmed meeting date but not a confirmed time.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard seemed to be the easiest to use, very professional visually and the cost. OnBoard has all of the functionality that our Board uses and more. As our Foundation Board members have a wide range of technology knowledge, we felt confident that all of our members would be able to use OnBoard with little difficulty.

Rebecca from Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass, Inc. - Lexington, KY

Board Management made EASIER

A few years ago, we digitized our board experience. We picked a good "starter platform" and eased our board and committees into the practical application and efficiency of being able to access their meeting and organization files online. The platform was a bit clunky but miles and miles better than the printed board books we had been using prior. Early 2019 we learned that our platform was going away and it was time to evaluate other offerings. I knew we wouldn't go back to the old way but I needed something that would meet our current needs and be flexible enough to allow us to grow into more features, find new efficiencies, measure engagement....and still come with a price tag that our Board would swallow. OnBoard fits the bill. I LOVE the easy interface for our board and our staff. I LOVE how easy it was to set up and populate. I LOVE the annotation features. I LOVE the messaging feature (to the group but more so one on one during the meeting for folks who don't like to or cant speak over the "over talkers"). I'm pleased.

Pros

Incredibly easy user interface - even our least tech savvy staff and board members can utilize the platform effectively.

Cons

I miss the ease of meeting minute taking that I was used to in our last platform.

Pricing. Features.

Response from Passageways

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming across for you and that it has streamlined things. As for minute taking, I will bring this up to Product. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything!

Tara from RBCU

Essential Software for Board Meetings

I have been using OnBoard shortly after I started with this company in late 2016. I believe the software was being converted from an older, original product to the OnBoard that I currently use today. There have been many updates along the way. My favorite was the ability to use the software on either Apple or Android cell phones. We recently upgraded our package to include Global Admin with the new Analytics feature. Two years ago, we looked into a few different products to compare cost and features. In the end we decided to stay with OnBoard because the program does everything we need (and then some) for our board meetings. The cost of the software to be very competitive with others. The members of our board find it effective and very easy to use. This makes my life much easier!

Pros

There are several things I like about the software. One of the features we like is the ability to use the software on both Apple and Android devices. If I ever need help with the software, I can easily find help through the Help Center and there are Admin Guides. When a new member joins our Board - no problem! There is a User Guide to help get them up to speed very quickly. Should there be another issue that I cannot resolve, I have found the staff at OnBoard very helpful in resolving any issue that I come across (which are very few and far between!) I also like the opportunity for additional learning via Webinars. We are updated when the offices at OnBoard will be closed or whenever there is an update on the way. The communication is above and beyond. Putting together an Agenda for a board meeting is very easy to do. I am finding the agenda import to be a big time saver. Our board enjoys the ability to make annotations during our board meetings.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is the need to have a "Global Admin" upgrade in order to delete things from the portal that a previous employee had created and was no longer needed/outdated. It is unfortunate that the Messenger feature is not included in our package and this would require another upgrade. That being said, however, there are many updates to the software that do not cost extra. I don't want to give the impression that every update costs extra, because that would not be accurate. In case you are wondering - we did decide to upgrade during a year-end special to include the Global Admin product and Analytics feature which we are enjoying very much.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We originally used the predecessor software to OnBoard. After using OnBoard for about a year or so, we decided to take a look at a few other options. One I remembered was MyBoardPacket. It was definately a nice product and easy to use from what I could tell. The reason we stayed with OnBoard was becasue it did EVERYTHING we needed and our board members liked the software and there was no need for them to learn how to use something else. It ended up being a win-win all the way around!

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad this is making your life easier and that you decided to stick it out with us. We truly appreciate the feedback about the various packages, and I will bring that up to Management as something to consider.

Tricia from Cottey College

OnBoard is a Success!

OnBoard provides a secure environment and ensures confidentiality of information. OnBoard provides efficiencies. We are not coping hundreds of pages, assembling notebooks, and mailing board books. Preparation for meetings is streamlined. Support from our customer success manager is excellent. I appreciate the training videos, webinars for users, and 24-7 support.

Pros

The board recognized the need for a secure platform for its work and wanted to move away from paper documents. We have a 13-member board, and trustees live across the country. The level of experience is varied among our trustees; however, the first trustee who agreed to move to a board solutions platform is the person with the least experience. And, she has had not difficulty using OnBoard. Some of our trustees were exploring OnBoard before we had a training session, and they found it easy to use. We offered one training webinar conducted by our Passageways customer service manager, which was recorded. The trustees used OnBoard for its first board meeting less than three months after acquiring the product and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. The trustees found that navigating the site and the board book is easy. They appreciate electronic board books, earlier availability of information, and the ability to add documents as needed, even during the board meeting. In the past, material from investment managers and auditors was provided at the meeting. With OnBoard, these documents were available before the meeting, which dramatically increased the number of pages in the board book, but trustees had the opportunity to review information and prepare questions before the meeting. We were amazed that the use of OnBoard during the meeting went so well. I appreciate the ease with which you can change the agenda and and update/revise materials.

Cons

Because staff members do not have access to all board materials, permissions have to be set individually for each staff member. While setting permissions is not difficult, it is a learning experience, but our customer success manager is a good teacher and patient! While we have not yet implemented the actions function, we are looking forward to using it for approvals, surveys, and signatures.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

The board appreciated access to materials from the Association of Governing Boards. Cost was a consideration. The sales representative was knowledgeable about the product.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding it easy to use and that you haven't found any cons yet is always nice to hear. If you need anything, please let us know.

Jyl from Eureka College

Eureka College OnBoard Portal Review

Utilizing a board portal has made the distribution of materials to our board members very easy. The records are very secure. The materials for each committee meeting as well as for the board meeting are easy to create and access. We are able to post important announcements for the board between meetings to keep them up to date. This software really does keep our board members engaged with the College between meetings, which has been very difficult in the past.

Pros

OnBoard software allows the Eureka College Board of Trustees to remain engaged with the College between meetings. They have ready access to all meeting materials from current and past meetings. The board members also have access to key resource materials from the Association of Governing Boards, which was very limited in the past, as well as important information related to college operations. I also like the fact that OnBoard is constantly and consistently updating their product to make it even more user friendly. I have heard nothing but positive comments from our board members.

Cons

Currently OnBoard does not have a feature for tracking board member terms. This would be a very useful tool to have as now I have to keep a separate spreadsheet of board terms. However I am confident that one of the updates in the future will allow for this administrative record keeping.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We chose OnBoard because of 1) their partnership with the Association of Governing Boards - our board members now have access to important board governance documents and 2) the software is very intuitive and easy to navigate for even our least technically-savvy trustee.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to read that your board is staying engaged outside of board meeting and that you are finding our updates useful. That's good feedback about the terms though, and I will bring that up to product. If you need anything, let us know.

Jay from Frederick County Bank

Passageways OnBoard - Great Product, Functionality & Value

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent as we sought a way to streamline and efficiently manage our Board & Committee meeting process, allowing members secure, remote access on different devices , while making our administrative process easier and save printing paper. Additionally, we were seeking a central repository for corporate documents that was secure and easily accessible.

Pros

The software is user friendly/intuitive; easy to maintain from an admin perspective; and more importantly easy for board members/employees to access from remote locations and devices. Does a terrific job on consolidating multiple documents into one meeting "book" with the flexibility to access individual documents and easily move throughout your meeting agenda. One of the other things we find most pleasing is that the ENTIRE Passageway team members (form CEO, sales, account manager, support) are fantastic to work with; always willing to listen and make enhancements and promptly address any questions we may have.

Cons

When we first started using Passageways several years ago, some of the features/navigation may not have been as intuitive as expected, however their team has done a great job in implementing enhancements to certainly improve the process, plus a lot more.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Flexibility of the application, ease of use, people & support, willingness to listen and make changes, value

Kent from Minnesota State Mankato

VP Perspective

Our Board is very happy with our initial experiences with onBoard, aside from the spam episode. Customer service has been good.

Pros

Initially, we just wanted an upgrade from hard copy board meeting books, and a better way to catalog all of our board activity. After reviewing the industry we realized we could also have powerful communication tools to enhance board function. The OnBoard portal met all of our requirements, but the ease of use was a primary concern---most board members are technologically proficient, but not all. The quality of our training for board members was terrific (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), and we were able to get functional usage rates up very quickly. After 8 months we are still increasing the number of functions we are using, but I can't imagine trying to run our recent full board meeting remotely without this tool. I really like the ability to embed the Zoom meeting function into the meeting details--that allowed a single log on for our recebnt committee and board meetings. s

Cons

Initially we had a significant problem when our Board emails were being spammed by the OnBoard software, each Board member was receiving hundreeds of emaisl---the problem was fixed over a weekend, and the Board understood---our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] staff haven't been quite as forgivining. I don't like the scroll function when I am reading pdf's. The scroll moves some horizontally when I am trying to scroll vertically. I may need to resize my window, but it would be nice it the pdf didn't shift horizontally when I am scrolling vertically. I didn't like the OnBoard ad that showed up next to our Foundation info/log at login. We asked that it be moved, and it has been. '

The AGB Brand.

Fallon from Metropolitan State University of Denver

Moving to OnBoard was a great choice!

Overall my experience has been great. After demoing multiple platforms, we chose OnBoard because of the best affordability, it's user-friendly, and the support has been stellar. Our set-up and support team have been there 100%, and go above and beyond to address questions and resolve any technical issues. To me, customer service and tech support are a #1 priority and rep, as well as the tech support team, have always exceeded my expectations.

Pros

OnBoard is a visually appealing platform, that is user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Feature availability, such as 1) downloadable material does not include an agenda page 2) surveys have to be closed before reviewing results, which limits the ability to know when to close the survey 3) announcement permissions are limited to Admins only. 3) The survey questions format lacks more enhanced customization

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Product affordability and ease of use as an admin and end-user.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the choice to move to OnBoard and that you are finding it easy to use. We definitely appreciate the suggestions regarding additional features to make OnBoard better, and I will bring these up to our Product team.

Najib from Alliance Bank

Software Review by user

My experience with OnBoard has been very positive. Again, the ease of use and support have been appreciated. I would recommend this product. Especially if you can utilize more of the features than we do.

Pros

I have enjoyed the ease of use. Through tutorials and support, we have been able to get our Board of Directors and upper management transitioned to using this for our board meetings and some policy updates/changes. It is great to get rid of the paper copies. We are currently using primarily on iPad Pros. I also use it on an HP laptop. Both work great and the updates have been easily handled by both devices. It is great to be able to go back to previous months/meetings and look up information. Especially some credit presentations that otherwise typically filled up inboxes. I like the capabilities that are either available or on the horizon for us. These include visual with meetings from multiple locations, approvals for loan requests, and tracking of voting by BOD members (or reminders that they need to do so).

Cons

We are struggling to utilize some of the capabilities. This does not mean that the issue is with this product, but it may be a part of our system that makes utilizing it difficult or not possible. We currently use OnBoard with GoToMeeting. We are not capable of utilizing the audio with GTM while using OB. Thus, we use our phone system which adds another layer and isn’t as seamless. I know that there is the possibility of using with Zoom, but that is not something that our technology experts feel comfortable with considering all of the security issues with Zoom. We would love to have our lenders use this product to track loan requests and responses by BOD members. The cost to do so with many lenders needing a license/account (not sure of correct terminology) for the few uses per month has kept us from doing so. BOD members are only using this over a three day period before and during our meeting and it Is hard to justify for some, but we hope that we can utilize more features going forward to justify the cost.

Great product and good value

I have had a very positive experience with OnBoard, from the initial sales conversations right through to the feedback sessions as a client. Customer Service has been very good and the product has worked very well for us. It has greatly reduced the time spent producing paper packs and been very useful in meetings.

Pros

Simple to use from both an administrators and users perspective. Switch from paper packs to online packs was much simpler than we anticipated. OnBoard listen to recommendations and suggestions from clients and implement them where possible - in the 12 months or so we've been using the product, I've seen a few upgrades which were a direct response to a request from clients. They are regularly updating and innovating to improve the product, which is great to see.

Cons

Operates a little differently to other well known board pack software, so users familiar with other types may need more guidance to get used to OnBoard. Notifications that uploads have been unsuccessful are a little too subtle - meaning that you can miss it if you are working quickly (as we so often are during board pack creation).

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We felt that the OnBoard product offered the best functionality for us and at the most reasonable price.

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the software from both a board and administrator position. We appreciate the feedback about notifications, and I will bring that to Product. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything!

Ashley from Affiliates Management Company

OnBoard Board Portal

We are extremely happy with our decision to use OnBoard! We've been very pleased with our CSMs. Recently we rolled out OnBoard to 2 boards and the rep conducted 3 training sessions for our board members with very short notice. It's been great working with her! When reaching out to her, she's been very quick to respond or forward my email on to tech support.

Pros

Easy to learn both from an Admin and end user! Security measures of OnBoard! Great support team truly makes this tool excel above others!

Cons

While building an agenda, sometimes it takes a long time to save edits. This can be frustrating and has resulted in having to re-type edits as they did not save properly. Currently email attachments aren't able to be uploaded to OnBoard without saving the document. Unable to program default admins to all new items vs. currently only individual/creator is default admin. As the owner of the OnBoard tool, I have to rely on others to assign permissions and ensuring human error doesn't happen. It's difficult to assist board admins or board users without access. It would be great to have a Super/Master Admin role which will automatically be assigned with Admin rights.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear about the shout out for the Customer Success and Support teams. I will be sure to pass along your regards. Please continue to work with your CSM to discuss any challenges you are having, so we can quickly address those for you.

Steve from Binghamton University

Good experience

This has made our meeting preparation much easier. We no longer send materials by way of multiple attachments to multiple emails. We also don't copy and print materials that are promptly recycled following the meetings. The product is easy to use, and we've had success getting board members with all ranges of tech savvy to use OnBoard.

Pros

It's easy to set up meetings, easy to navigate from the end-user side, and can be used on a computer or tablet. Our board members weren't going to embrace this if it was a pain in the neck to use. Some of them had a little trouble with getting the account set up, but any issues were handled quickly. Most people got in and got started with no problem.

Cons

The invites expire after a week, and we would frequently need to re-send invites to join the portal when board members didn't act on them quickly enough.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Better product for the money

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to hear that you are having a great experience and that ease of use is coming across for you. That's great feedback about the invites, and I will bring that up to Product. If you do need anything, please let us know.

Tracy from Visions FCU

Huge Improvement over Former Board Portal

It provides a confidential way to share information without having to email confidential data. Being able to restrict access within the resource area is beneficial. The mobile interface is very easy to use.

Pros

It is so easy to create a meeting and upload documents. It takes a fraction of the time compared to our former board portal. I like the dashboard and the ability to store and categorize documents in resources. I love that users can reset their own password. The multi-factor authentication helps to ensure our information is secure.

Cons

Just a small issue - it would be nice when replacing a document if you could "replace" instead of delete and add it again. It would be nice if the surveys could be completely anonymous, for example when the board wants to do a peer review. One person will have access to responses. It is desirable for no one to have access to individuals' responses, just the overall results.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Ease of use. Our CEO is on multiple boards who also use OnBoard. He is able to access all portals in one place, I believe with one sign on. Honestly I don't remember about pricing, but OnBoard's pricing must have been competitive with the other providers we looked at. Great mobile app.

Catherine from Newfields

Industry: Museums and Institutions

OnBoard Product Review

I feel my experience has been quite good. The OnBoard customer service and representatives are wonderful, reply quickly to questions, make themselves available for help, and even reach out to see how things are going. Having a great customer service team means a great deal to me who has to create materials and be ready to show others how to access and use the materials during meetings. And, once I got the hang of the product, I quickly realized how to take shortcuts and feel that creating materials in the portal is very easy to do and intuitive.

Pros

I like the ease and functionality of this product. Once learned, the product seems intuitive to user needs and easily navigated to create necessary materials, access the materials, and be able to utilize tools to enhance user experience.

Cons

At first, it seems I had to hunt around for what I needed to do to create meeting materials. It took me a little longer than expected to get the hang of creating materials and feeling comfortable using the tools and nuances provided.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard offered several of the same tools and nuances, but was so much more affordable.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sounds like you are off on your way now that implementation is done, but if you ever need anything, please let us know. Otherwise, I'm glad ease of use is coming across for you and that it's working well for you.

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

(Almost) Perfect App for Boards and Committees

We have been able to upload all of our board and committee documentation in one place. This makes it exceptionally easy to update and share with anyone who has access. We no longer have to print out hundreds of pages for meetings or the Board Orientation Manual. Using OnBoard has allowed us to navigate through our meetings much more fluidly. The more we've used it, the easier it is to leverage.

Pros

Plenty of room for expansion should the need arise. Extremely feature-filled. Easy but secure log-on (multi-factor identification). Passageways customer satisfaction team seems responsive to our suggestions and needs and incorporates/updates with some frequency.

Cons

Not the most intuitive in the world to navigate but has improved over time. Wish the screen re-sizing options were somehow less clumsy/clunky. Printing documents or agendas still requires multiple steps.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Filled all of our essential requirements and was preferred by our board members when we demonstrated it. Pricing was inline with our budget, although on the higher end. We appreciated having unlimited storage and the ability to add users later on.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! We will take almost perfect, so thank you. We are always trying to innovate and push things to the next level for you. Otherwise, we are glad that you are happy.

Diane from Southeast Health

Electronic Meetings

Pros

1. Allows for my providers to access and review materials prior to meetings 2. Allows the facilitator to project meeting materials via Apple TV and other AV 3. Easy to use

Cons

OnBoard works very well for our needs. No cons.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you have no cons for our software. Ease of use is always top of mind and will continue to be. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Karen from Bridgehouse Company Secretaries Limited

Straightforward and Simple

We are a consultancy organisations providing governance and company secretarial solutions. OnBoard solves the problem of having to print, copy and collate packs and send by post and allows last minute changes to be made in one place for everyone with access to papers. I use OnBoard to support board and committee meetings for three different organisations, the users of all of which have been delighted with the product.

Pros

Key functions of OnBoard, such as creating meetings, agendas and meeting packs for Directors to support their decision making, are extremely straightforward and easy to use. This takes away the difficulty and time of having to introduce change to new users, who are instantly aware and easily persuaded of the benefit of having all their important information in one place. The resources section is an ideal place for housing Directors induction materials.

Cons

I dislike the permissions function which I have to consistently check is functioning according to requirement.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that you are finding the software perfect for you and that your Directors are enjoying it as well. As for the permissions, that sounds like a bug, which I will bring up with Product.

Erin from Charlotte Metro Federal Credit Union

An easy-to-use resource for users and admins

Overall, my experience with OnBoard has been very positive. The word easy covers all the bases. Easy to set up. Easy to administrate. Easy to use. It doesn't get better than that in my opinion. I need something that doesn't require a lot of time and effort. I have a full schedule and OnBoard saves me time.

Pros

OnBoard is extremely user friendly for both me as the administrator and my volunteers. I was able to jump right in to create our Board portal with little guidance or training. I love that I can create a relevant homepage for our directors with no clutter. Housing documents is simple and neat and easy to navigate.

Cons

The only downside to the software is that the privilege to download documents has to be given and it's a one or none deal. Being able to allow our volunteers to download some documents such as travel forms and expense reports, but not confidential policies or reports, would be a dream. It would really cut down on the number of emails to and from people.

Clare from Norfolk Educational Services

Moving on OnBoard was an excellent choice!

We moved to OnBoard from a different online board portal and difference is astounding. We compared numerous other providers and OnBoard stood out instantly. The support and customer service from day one has been exemplary, all our queries, suggestions and requests have been taken ‘on board’. The team are one step ahead and are often informing us of developments that we can incorporate that we hadn’t previously considered. I would have no hesitation in recommending the company or the product.

Pros

This product is so user friendly for both admin and users. Its clear, concise and does everything we need plus more which has helped develop the way in which we work. Our users are much more engaged with this product and it makes the process of running meetings much smoother.

Cons

I have no complaints - this product is so useful.

Response from Passageways

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to read that you aren't having any challenges with the software. It's also great to read that you are finding our update useful and that ease of use is really coming across for you.

Malissa from Berea College

OnBoard Review

We are new to OnBoard, using it just with a beta group at our last board meeting. We intend a full roll-out to the board at our next meeting in a few months. I have been very impressed with the product so far. In addition, the support I've received as far as training goes has been very helpful in getting our portal established.

Pros

I like the ease of creating meetings and then making changes and edits to those meetings. Having changes updated immediately and for those changes to be readily available is very important to us as we go through our book building process. Before using OnBoard, something as minor as a meeting location change would require emails to committee members, etc. Now, we just have to update the meeting in OnBoard and the information is accurate and up-to-date.

Cons

I would like more controls when it comes to the PDF version of the board book. Having the ability to add a bookmark or something to a page, where you can access it in a flash, would be helpful. Maybe this option is available and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

The relationship with AGB and the resulting discount on pricing was very influential in our decision to go with OnBoard.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming through for you and that you've changed your whole processes to better accommodate it. There are options to make annotations or notes and then search them. Maybe that would help? Either way, I will be sure to bring up a "bookmark" feature to Product.

Laurie from Stanford Federal Credit Union

OnBoard Review

Pros

OnBoard is a very easy, intuitive system. I have only recently started using it (< 6 months) and feel it was very easy to learn and become proficient at in a short amount of time. We use OnBoard for all our Board and Committee meetings and communication. The eSignature function is one we have recently implemented and I love having it for our Board meeting signatures. The support team is awesome and quick to get back to me when I have questions. I would highly recommend this software.

Cons

There is very little I don't like about the software. The only thing it cannot do for me right now is incorporate an eSignature in with a survey. I would like to use the survey tool for the annual certifications our board and senior managers need to complete. I believe Passageways is looking at this being an enhancement in the future.

Alexa from MaineHealth

Great Choice

Board meeting materials have been easy to distribute, Executive Assistants enjoy using the software.

Pros

Ease of use! We use this software for meeting material management across multiple hospital boards of varying demographics. Regardless of the audience, it's been impeccably seamless to introduce this platform.

Cons

It's been a bit tricky to follow enhancement tickets and see those suggestions/asks through.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so happy that ease of use for everyone is really coming across. As for the updates and understanding them, please be sure let your Customer Success Manager know, so we can better help.

Sarah from Bowling Green State University

BGSU Foundation

Overall, as the administrator, i think this is a great tool. It saved me time in sending and re-sending documents through email. It has forced our Board members to be more accountable. It is truly a great resource.

Pros

- the ability to customize what users can see (assign specific people to each meeting) - being able to make meetings visible at different stages of readiness - the ability to house historic documents for users to access on their own - it works great on an ipad

Cons

- as an administrator, it can be difficult to understand what the user is seeing or what they are experiencing - I wish you could update a users email address without having to start over as a new user - some of my board members find the abundance of options confusing - downloading the book vs. viewing the meetings, using the writing and editing tools, etc. - i wish there was a "general" invite/rsvp option. I would love to be able to some how make an itinerary of all the meetings and events taking place during their board meetings, and the board member could rsvp to which they are attending or not. They could even let me know if they will need a hotel room and if they have any dietary needs.

n/a

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sorry you are having some challenges. I think that surveys might help with identifying hotel needs and dietary restrictions. Otherwise, I'm so glad you are finding the customization and accessibility helpful.

Vanessa from Deerwood Bank

Easy to use and a great value.

I reviewed six other companies when searching for new software for our company. When I did the demo for OnBoard I kept thinking that this software seems so easy and that I must be missing something. The more I reviewed and played around with the software the happier I was. OnBoard has not only been a huge time saver, but has made meeting preparation and follow up so much easier. The pricing was also far better than the other options I reviewed.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. The ease of the drag and drop feature to upload documents is really a time saver when populating meetings. Our Board of Directors have various levels of technical expertise and all found OnBoard to be quite easy to use. The mark up/comment tools are especially helpful.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about OnBoard. The software I previously used was very labor intensive and did not flow nearly as well.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard appealed to me because of the intuitive nature. The low cost was also a major benefit.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Danielle from Texas A&M College of Medicine

OnBoard supports Shared Governance

We have appreciate the support and ease of use. Since our move to working remotely our users have more readily appreciated OnBoard and how it keeps us organized. In higher education, our committees are the way we have shared governance with our faculty and stakeholders, so making those committees function efficiently is essential. OnBoard has helped us do that. We appreciate OnBoard's staff for the support and willingness to add features as needed.

Pros

OnBoard allows us to keep our many committees organized. Our organization can see who serves on each committee and members can access materials quickly. Our agendas are often very large with lots of attachments. OnBoard keeps us organized and on the same page with members being able to navigate through the large agenda and make notes. We can keep track our our action items by voting online and seeing how we are moving our organization forward.

Cons

Would love to have a way for limited proxy voting where a selected Admin could vote for a member who joins by phone and may not have easy access to vote. It might be nice to have subgroups within a committee, but the logistics of this would take some work to build.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard seemed to have the most comprehensive board/committee suite. The software supported multiple committees and lots of users for a reasonable price.

Lisa from Choice Financial

From day one, the attention I have received from the team has been second to none!

Please see my review comments

Pros

There are numerous things I like about this software! I appreciate how easy the software is to use. It has saved me hours of compiling paper documents for a board book. I can upload information as it comes to me in multiple file formats, and can reorganize the documents within the book effortlessly. When I first started using OnBoard, there were a few features that I had on my "wish list" (I wish it could do "x")--and the developers are so on top of things that I have seen many of my wishes come true as implemented features. They continually refresh the software to make it easier--not add extra steps like you can find with other software. And most of all, I value the immediate attention and service I receive from the team. They always pick up my call, and have an answer or solution ready.

Cons

There's a few minor things that could be tweaked, but overall it's an easy, clear and efficient system that has saved hundreds of hours and resource time and reduced the risk of mailing board books to members that live outside of our immediate area.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We are thrilled that this is a big time-saver for you, and I have passed along your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Tanya from Lifeline Youth & Family Services, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product! A MUST

Board members find it helpful to find board materials and other resources at the touch of their computer, phones, and/or tablets. I am able to keep our board well informed with one piece of software. Allows our board and officers to be more efficient and effective at board meetings.

Pros

Ease of to set-up Ease of use on the side of our board members/users Mobility

Cons

There is really nothing that I can think of for how we use it.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Scott from Castroville State Bank

A solution to a long term problem

Overall we have had a great experience with OnBoard. The time saved by bank personnel in creation, maintenance and archiving of the board reports has been in my opinion well worth the cost.

Pros

The ability to make changes to our board package "on the fly" is a very big advantage. This keeps us from having to make changes and providing directors updated packages right before the meetings. Also, not having to deliver the package pre-meeting is a big help. The security functions seem to be very appropriate to secure our information.

Cons

Not having the ability for the meeting leader to "drive" the meeting to ensure all members are on the same page during the meeting is a little bit of downside. Hopefully that is something that can be considered in the future. Viewing the meetings on a regular sized iPad is a little difficult for some of our directors. They typically view the meeting information on their desktops or laptops at home and then either follow along during the meetings on their iPads or view the projection from the leader. Since our outside directors typically only use their iPads for their monthly meetings they quite often have password problems which in some cases bank personnel has to help with. Not a major issue but one to keep in mind.

Mandy from Solarity Credit Union

Great product if you take advantage of it

It's been a great experience overall. I am steadily trying to encourage the use of the this platform with the associates because there are so many options that we are not utilizing (i.e. approvals, surveys, etc.)

Pros

Having everything in one place, available to whomever you need. It's easily accessible and has just enough security parameters. I love the 'download book' feature, as a lot of the time, I keep the books for my own records and to distribute via email, if needed.

Cons

A pain point of mine, which may just be my internet connection, is that sometimes when I load a document in, it'll say 'file upload complete' but then when I open the heading, it's not there. I have to log out/back in in order for me to see if come up. Also, I've already submitted this to your team, but I would like to ability to select multiple attachments to be able to move them under a different section.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad it's been a real time-saver for you and that you are finding it easy to use. Otherwise, that may be a bug on our end, but I will check with Product. If you run into it again, please let your Customer Success Manager know.

Stephanie from The Navigators

Hidden Gem

The training and support staff are top-notch. I work with a very experienced board and several have commented that it is one of the better portals they have encountered. I always get a REAL PERSON within a few seconds of calling their support line and they have ALWAYS been able to answer my questions. They take feature requests seriously. I highly recommend them for any board looking to have a better environment for communication and collaboration.

Pros

I researched more than 15 portals before deciding to go with OnBoard. The price and ease of use made the decision very easy for us. It is a clean and intuitive interface with lots of power behind the scenes.

Cons

There are some features like alphabetizing by Last Name or First Name that change depending on which page you are on in the portal which adds some confusion. I'd like the Dashboard design to allow for more more customization.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Ease of use will always be a top priority for us when making updates. We definitely appreciate the suggestion, and I will pass that along to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager.

Eva from Tower Federal Credit Union

OnBoard, a great Board tool

Our experience has been very good and our Board has been very pleased with how easily they can access OnBoard and view their monthly Board packets both at home and during the Board meetings.

Pros

ease with which the Board can view and make notations on their monthly Board packet.

Cons

There are some compatibility issues with older versions of documents we place on the site and occasionally our users have issues viewing documents placed in the Resources folder.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard offered a more versatile product and allows us to use it as a location to store documents the Board frequently uses, in addition to the monthly Board meeting packets.

Carla from Lund

Lund Loves OnBoard!

Prior to OnBoard, our board was exhausted and overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork they were receiving in their board packets. The board packets were averaging around 75-100 pages, and when you have 20 board members, they would take hours to print. It was a big waste of time and expenses. Creation of the board packet was an entirely separate time-sucker, as the Table of Contents had to constantly be adjusted. Since the portal, not only have the board appreciated the lack of paper and the convenience of being able to click to what they need, but we have saved hundreds in staff pay (and frustration!) of creating manual board packets!

Pros

OnBoard's Resource option has proven to be so valuable for our agency. We do not have an intranet or any one central location that board and staff can communicate and share documents, and the documents are constantly being updated. The Resource library has been great to keep the most updated documents all in one place. The customer service is impeccable!! Their team is very helpful, receptive, and very competent. The rep has been great to work with.

Cons

There's not much negative to say about OnBoard. It is reasonably priced and though they have been making many updates lately, it is because they are listening to their customer's needs.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your glowing review! Using the Resource Library can be such a huge asset, and I'm glad to hear how much it's helped. I will be sure to send your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Sandy from Highlights for Children, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Easy and Economical

One of the biggest benefits of OnBoard is the ability to make last minute changes to documents and re-load to the portal and knowing our board has the most current version of a document.

Pros

The board portal was easy to launch to our end-users who have varying degrees of computer aptitude. As the administrator I find building the agenda and uploading documents to be straight forward and quick. We love the ability to make last minute changes to our documents and upload to the portal without worrying about re-printing an actual paper board book. OnBoard gives our company ease of mind of keeping our documents secure by not having a paper board book in circulation. We also like the fact that OnBoard is an economical solution for distributing our board documents to the board in a fast and secure method.

Cons

Some of their documentation could be written better. I find it sometimes difficult to search the administrator guide for answers. However, they do have wonderful online tutorials as well as a Q&A section where I find the answers. If I still can't find what I'm looking for, then I contact their technical support group.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so mThank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and security are always top of mind when incorporating new features, and we try to make sure that it does what it needs to for you. We appreciate the feedback on the manual as well.uch for your review!

Kim from Sun Community FCU

Super excited about OnBoard!

Our overall experience has been fantastic! We are fortunate to have their executive on our side; they are wonderful at explaining our options and finding solutions to our specific needs. I personally create the Board packets, and my time has freed up significantly with OnBoard. It's just so easy to use! I'm very excited to see how our OnBoard platform evolves and makes our lives even more efficient than it already has.

Pros

This software allows us to provide a much needed one-stop-shop for our Board and Supervisory Committee members. Since OnBoard can be put on any device, our Board is able to securely review the packets well in advance of the meeting, which has really shortened our meetings and eliminated printing large packets. We also love that the Board has all of the resources they need in one location and that they can even sign the minutes and other documents right within OnBoard. More to come!

Cons

What I like least about the program is that we have not fully utilized the features yet... but that's on us! Looking forward to the day when our OnBoard is being fully utilized (although Passageways is constantly coming up with new solutions, so this day may never come - absolutely not a complaint).

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that the "any device, anytime" features are helpful to your credit union and that we can be your one-stop-shop. If you need anything or additional training for your team, let us know.

Cheryl from CDPHP

First Year of OnBoard

Pros

We switched from another platform that was clunky and difficult for board members and senior leadership to navigate. OnBoard is easy for them to use and easy to administer. In addition, switching to OnBoard resulted in almost a 50% cost savings. Finally, our CEO sits on two boards that utilize OnBoard and he doesn't have to use multiple user names.

Cons

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you haven't found any cons to using the software. If you ever do or find yourself stuck, we are here 24/7/365 for any questions or additional training.

Lauren from UMassFive College FCU

Easy to Use, Robust Security

Pros

This software is very easy to train, even to technology novices. I also really like the ability to set security and read/write or read only permissions and virtually every level of a meeting. Selectively sharing comments within the book is another plus.

Cons

There are a couple little things that seem to catch people the first time they use it, but after that it is pretty easy and I have no complaints. Everyone seems to get stuck on the Agenda Visible vs. All Visible setting the first time around.

Toby from FNB&trust

Great Site

Overall has been great. Our Rep with Onboard is always quick to respond and everyone I have dealt with there has been very accommodating and very knowledgeable about our needs

Pros

The interface was easy to setup and easy to add and remove files for our Board

Cons

Have not found anything yet, but still looking

price and functionality

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm glad that you are finding it easy to use and that you are having trouble finding a con. It's also great to hear that your Customer Success Manager is helping out too.

Kathy from Homefield Credit Union

Five Year User of OnBoard

Prior to using OnBoard, I was printing, collating, tabbing and binding fifteen Board Packages per month. This program has helped reduce the amount of paper being used and has significantly reduced the amount of time it takes to prepare/build the Board Package. We also use OnBoard for various committee meetings and management team meetings. We currently have 25 users.

Pros

Software is very user friendly. When first utilizing this program, I was able to set up all users and start building agendas and uploading files with very little assistance from customer support.

Cons

At this time, I do not have anything that I dislike about this package. A few of our older Board members are not necessarily fond of using a mobile device (iPad) to following along in meetings. For those members, I do still print a package when needed.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and administrator features are always top of mind when incorporating new features. If any of your board members would like personalized training, please let us know how we can assist.

Jeryl from Pen Air Federal Credit Union

Review of the OnBoard Portal from an Administrative Assistant's point of view.

OnBoard has proven to be a great asset for our employees as well as our volunteers. When we have had issues with a feature not working to suit us, we have been able to make requests for product change or development - and many of those changes have happened. It's nice to know our opinions are considered and taken seriously.

Pros

We use the Calendar feature the most. All of our committee meetings are loaded to the portal, and we have been able to save a lot of paper waste with use of the portal. We have also enjoyed being able to add additional users to the portal as our needs grow.

Cons

While we do not use all features of the program, what we do use is working very well for us. The only feature that I am aware of not being conducive for us is the Survey. We had difficulty fitting our type questions in with the type of answers available, so we have not been able to use. But the Approvals and E-Signature features work well.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

The price and features were in alignment with our needs.