All OneDrive Reviews

Oscar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Good storage solution

In general we liked it a lot. We were able to simplify many of our collaboration tasks. He also helped us with the hardware migration, since we focused on acquiring more robust equipment with SSD solid state hard drives while increasing our spending, since we spent a large part of the storage in the cloud.

PROS

What we liked the most was the amount of storage it offered per user. We were also impressed that it comes bundled with our office 356 and email solution. Additionally, together with the Share point tool, its use is optimized.

CONS

I particularly don't like that it is not a highly adopted solution by third parties. Many of our customers and business partners use Google Drive and not One Drive services. This makes file sharing and collaboration not totally transparent.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

We were analyzing continuing with Drive, but we needed to improve our storage and unify tools that is why we prefer to switch to One Drive and the entire Office 365 Suite. Dropbox in particular didn't offer the integrations we required as a business.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Google Drive gave us very little storage. Moving from one level to another was quite expensive per user.

Ali

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Your files above your head on the clouds with OneDrive!

If you need a simple and functional software with all the features for backup in the clouds, Microsoft OneDrive is your answer. Working with Andes is very enjoyable and simple.

PROS

Transferring personal files and photos with OneDrive is very simple. Microsoft knows how to simplify complex software and at the same time be very fast, smart and powerful with highest security features. All our personal and organization files are stored in Microsoft Safe Clouds via OneDrive. In sending files with large sizes, all you have to do is attach the file link to the person via OneDrive or attach the file from there. Also now Backing up files is very simple now via OneDrive. Extremely simple and very smart in doing things and very smart and fast backup.

CONS

Features such as link expiration after a specific date or password for files are very important and must be added to this platform.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

More Simple, Access to Microsoft office Tools and has great support team.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Compress uploaded photos without prior notice to me and I need the original size of the files.

Tom

Retail, 2-10 employees

Excellent built-in solution for O365/Windows users

PROS

With OneDrive, you can toss all your files, pics, and vids up in the cloud. No need to worry about running out of space on your devices, and you can access your stuff from anywhere with internet. If you're into Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, OneDrive plays nicely with them. You can edit and collaborate on your docs straight from the cloud, which is super handy for group projects or just sharing stuff with friends. Make a change to a file on your laptop? No worries, OneDrive syncs it up across all your devices automatically. So, you're always working with the latest version, whether you're on your phone, tablet, or computer. OneDrive makes it easy to share files or folders with others. You can work on stuff together in real-time, which is awesome for team projects or when you're brainstorming with friends. Your files are safe with OneDrive. They've got all sorts of security measures in place, like encryption and multi-factor authentication. Plus, they back up your stuff regularly, so you can breathe easy knowing your important files are protected.

CONS

One drawback of using OneDrive is that the free storage limit can be relatively small compared to other cloud storage services. While it offers a decent amount of free space, users may find themselves needing to upgrade to a paid plan if they have a large amount of data to store. This could be a downside for those who are looking for extensive storage options without wanting to pay for additional space.

Ali

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Best of the best

PROS

It's helped me to keep my file safe and uploaded easily

CONS

It's make you feel safe as your data synchronized automatically

Kyle

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

One drive - Day to day

Fantastic bit of software, one that i will always be using or even pushing for.

PROS

Everything is synced across all my devices just by logging in. The 2fa security is great bonus for peace of mind an security. I have deployed One Drive to some of my supported businesses as more and more we find the Hybrid work role becoming popular. For them/us to be able to access our documents on and off site is critical, One drive lets us do this with ease.

CONS

Sometimes we get duplicate items on the desktop, especially when Edge is syncing.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

The ability to sync everything such as Edge, emails, storage and content all under one email address

Brittany

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Docs for days!

PROS

I like that I can log in anywhere and have access to my documents.

CONS

There isn't anything that I dislike about OneDrive. It serves every purpose that I needed it for.

Grant

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very usefull for backups.

I've been super pleased with it. Refreshing end users' laptops went from taking 30 minutes to an hour to less than 5 minutes for migrating the data.

PROS

Moving data between computers is incredibly easy. Beforehand I would have to manually move data via hard drives. Being able to sign into OneDrive and have all your data move over seamlessly is an amazing feature that I would hate to go without.

CONS

Since we don't use OneDrive too much outside of the backups, there really isn't any cons.

Luca

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

OneDrive secure your data

I really like the experience using OneDrive, the amount of space grant us the possibility to securely store and sync data between devices.

PROS

I like the amount of storage provided by the company contract with microsft (1TB) and the possibility to sync data between devices.

CONS

Data research is not always so quick, and result come out after a while. Another thing to improve is the experience on IoS devices

Arthur

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy document and file sharing.

PROS

The ease of use. It is easy to set up and easy for end users to use without a lot of help.

CONS

Sometimes has sync issues and connection issues.

Reviewed March 2024

All-in-one cloud for all your devices

PROS

It is very simple to use for an Andorid user like me. It has a good interface both on PC and Smartphone. The monthly plan is at a fair price and let's you modify it accordingly to the space you're using.

CONS

I can't fint a true con about this application. Sometimes you have to admit it's good.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Storing Files in the Cloud has Never Been Easier!

OneDrive has allowed us as a company to move away from traditional file shares stored on-premises to a hybrid cloud-based file storage setup, with personal user storage stored in OneDrive and company files on-premises. This way users are always able to access their files even when not connected to the company network. We have been able to decommission several file servers as a result of moving to OneDrive, and hope to eventually store all company files in OneDrive/SharePoint in the future.

PROS

The OneDrive client itself is very responsive, detecting and syncing any modifications to files to the cloud almost instantaneously. A sizeable 1 terabyte of storage space is provided with an E1 licence, which is more than enough to store a user's personal files in most cases. GPOs can be used in an enterprise setting to control aspects of the OneDrive client, including default OneDrive folder locations, enabling Files on Demand to save disk space, and sync bandwidth limits. OneDrive integrates very well with the rest of the Microsoft product eco-system, becoming the default save location for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files once set up. A recent update has added the ability to automatically sync your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive without needing to manually configure additional options (this is an incredibly useful feature for an enterprise setting). Microsoft's support is quick to respond to support tickets and is very helpful. The application also auto-updates on startup, which means there is less administration needed to maintain current releases on all devices. The OneDrive mobile app is available for mobile working.

CONS

Some users have trouble with the concept of OneDrive and cloud storage, so a good amount of training should be provided when rolling out the application. The application itself installs in the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder rather than the 'Program Files' folder which means if multiple users are logged into the computer there will be multiple OneDrive installations, one for each user (however this is rectified in the newest insider releases of OneDrive where the application installs to the 'Program Files' folder, but this will take time to reach general release). If the application has issues syncing a file, it is not immediately apparent to the user as the only notification is a small red error icon shown over the OneDrive taskbar icon.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

OneDrive was chosen over the alternatives as we were already invested in the Office 365 eco-system with several Office 365 subscriptions - this made OneDrive the natural choice over others as it was already included with our subscriptions that we were paying for. In addition, Microsoft's support has been stellar when it has been required, and it was easy as the one deploying OneDrive to move user data to the cloud with as little disruption as possible.

Eric

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

OneDrive for Business : great sharing tool, but still needs some features to become #1

OneDrive for Business use has been a trial and error or work-in-progress product for our internal usage. Some iOS apps like Dictate+Connect and GoodReader do not offer built-in OneDrive for Business support to import or export some content, even though the OneDrive consumer version was possible. Having two versions of same product created confusion and frustration that led us put on hold the widespread use of OneDrive on our mobile iOS clients. Sharing files with external partners was brought back to Dropbox Business for larger commitees that couldn't easily handle the added steps for authentication.

PROS

What we like about OneDrive for Business is obviously its tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem. Sharing Microsoft Word and Excel documents with colleagues is now seamless and best of all, is the automatic saving and versioning! Makes backups less a necessity. Also the quality of the iOS OneDrive application is a great value for our mobile users. Integration with other key apps that our users have on their iPhone or iPad is a real advantage for efficiently transferring files.

CONS

Some of the features that are added might be less refined with our French-Canadian language localised Windows workstations. For example, the Folder redirection of Desktop function puts a "Desktop" folder in the OneDrive account instead of the "Bureau" that is usually found on the local Windows computer. Therefore using the Desktop button in the standard save/open file dialog is a bit confusing. Also, the fact that Guests cannot have a OneDrive account to access shared files and folders like Dropbox brings some added steps (security codes) to give access to shared folders.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

OneDrive is already included in our Office 365 subscription. Changes to the Dropbox plans made us move away from it. For example the 3 device limitation account for standard account was unexpected and created some issues for our users.

Sebastian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

OneDrive makes personal file storage easy

PROS

OneDrive is an easy file storage product that comes in two shapes. OneDrive for personal use, and OneDrive for Business that is included in Office 365 for employees. With the OneDrive application, you can sync your OneDrive documents and files with your devices which makes it even smoother to work but at the same time know that everything is backed up in your cloud storage. It also integrates well with the Office suite.

CONS

The older agents, both on Windows 7 and Windows 10, could sometimes have issued with synced files. This would then lead to some files being corrupt.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

OneDrive is cheaper, more secure, and offers more features with the integration with the Office suite and Office 365.

Amanda

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

I Use OneDrive For My Personal Important Files Because I Know They are Safe There!

I use it every morning. I love to use for keeping our family budget sheets up to day, for sharing files and creating files and that they are really easy to download to look at offline too! I'm really very impressed!

PROS

I love the fact that you have have your personal private files in the special OneDrive personal Vault, which requires extra password protection. It's great! Especially when you need a file but are not close to your regular computer or device, you can log on anywhere in the world and go through the special vault for extra incryption. I love it! And it's very generous with the files sizes too! Plus it's just so easy to use! Definitely my favourite online document storage place for sure. I particularly like using the sheets that work pretty much exactly like Excel, I love not having to learn new systems just to work online. Thank-you Microsoft!

CONS

Nothing really. I used to find it annoying if I had a shared document with my partner and we couldn't work on the files at the same time and have the system remember to do the updates, but that seems to be fixed now, so it's all good!

Reason for choosing OneDrive

I actually have both, OneDrive is just my favourite of the two.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

I switched because I wanted more protection for my personal files. I still use both for my regular and business files. But I really love OneDrive because it's just so user friendly!

Randall

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Onedrive. Seriously, only one does it all

They are phenomenal and I get 100 GB cloud storage every month through my cell phone service which is T-Mobile don't think I'll ever use all of that fantastic job again at Google hq.

PROS

I like it is made by the Google corporation and Incorporated with all other Google apps and software. I like that with my cell phone service I get 100 GB of online cloud storage so my phone and drive storage space on the cloud isn't at capacity in fact my phone is always full of available storage as I just go in upload and backup my stuff every couple days.

CONS

I wish the interface was a little more intuitive to the user maybe more control over backups restore points should be able to access from any computer from anywhere once logged in.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Yes they are way more dependable as far as security goes

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

100 GB cloud storage with my cell phone service T-Mobile via MetroPCS.

Imi

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great Product that is troubling due to constant changes.

It is my go to.. I think about OneDrive as my hard drive, Love it. However, I speak for the many persons who are frustrated because they are not tech savvy.

PROS

I loved that you have all you documents synced onto your personal devices, and I USED to love the fact that there was a separation of concern regarding the shared sync tool from OneDrive and my personal OneDrive file. This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive ..... but

CONS

OneDrive has changed in 2021 and this change has brought about headache for all. No syncing because the OneDrive is locked and awaiting action by users who has no idea as to what is wrong... Removal of the SharePoint/OneDrive sync has now left me with the newest experiment that is named the "ShortCut inside the OneDrive" these shortcuts are difficult to manage. I am used to improvement and enhancements, but when having to deal with thousand of employees that are just getting their feet wet, some changes are "UnWelcome"

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Office 365 is complete and enterprise ready. Come on this google products are otherwise. Good, but I have always read that there is Good, then there is Better and there is the Best... I think Good, Better Best is appropriate to apply for this situation. I am not saying that OneDrive is the Best, but is is Better than the rest.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

The 365 E5 offer is just a very comprehensive package. This is what made /forced the switch, but once you have join this movement then you cannot move back. It addictive.

Rex

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Very impressive cloud storage

We use every day for our staff to have cloud storage for all of our documents, and we can share files back and forth with ease. OneDrive lets us work from most anywhere.

PROS

I love that OneDrive is rock solid and very easy to use. Also, unlike Google, Microsoft keeps products around. Instead of dropping applications and products, they simply update and upgrade them.

CONS

Sometimes the app will fail to load or take a while to sync on MacOS, but for the most part it’s super solid.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Microsoft was better integrated into the Office 365 system.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Google Drive switched to two products, Drive and File Stream (name?). It made it confusing for our staff, so we switched to Microsoft.

Juliet

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

One Drive as Your Primary File Storage Tool on Windows.

The best thing about OneDrive is that it integrates with Windows so you can easily save your files to the cloud without any extra steps. OneDrive cloud storage service is backed up, secure and protected. You can start free while you get 5 GB which is not bad if you're just starting out. You can always move to a paid version if you need more space. The integration of other apps such Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel make it super easy to use having all these apps in one place.

PROS

OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service that allows you to store your files online. You can access them from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. Another advantage I found with using OneDrive, is that it syncs your files automatically and provides offline access. Even if you are not offline, you can still work on your documents. It also has file versioning built-in and unlimited storage space for those who need it. OneDrive has the ability to store large documents and the storage space is about 250 Gigs which is more than enough for most people. With this app, you also get other apps included like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.

CONS

The one downside of OneDrive is that it doesn't provide a way to sync external drives or flash drives like Dropbox does, so if you are someone who needs to transfer large amounts of data, this might not be the best service for you.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

I chose the OneDrive cloud storage app over other products because it includes other apps such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook that I use in my business everyday and which other cloud services do not provide.