• Pros

• "Very easy to use, consistently reliable. Great notifications and flexibility of configuration. Easy categorization of types of issues that can be tracked in a number of different ways."

• "User friendly interface. Easy of use. Nice graphics. Good charts. And most of all provides an easy acces tool for reports."

• "It has been very helpful for me as we are a company with people working around the world, especially the tasks feature which we use the most"

• Cons

• "It's not visually appealing and it's not user-friendly, but it gets the job done."

• "It is not as full-featured. And while on the whole, it is easy to scale up, once projects get complex, you start feeling the lack. But for most work, this is just fine."

• "The interface is a bit hard to start with but we had people who gave us demos of how to use the system. But it could have been a bit more user friendly minor bugs here and there but that's manageable"

Browse Zoho Projects Reviews

Bheesam from Ciena

it is s good tool for small/basic projects and comes with affordable price with lots of customisable

Pros

The best think i found about this tool is its customer support service and chat feature where you can chat with its representatives. this is more suitable for small projects/team or an individual and comparatively cheaper as compared to the other products with the same functionalities and use. it provides use multiple views which helps user if in case he/she is not comfortable with the default view. some feature really impress me like milestone,task-list,setting timer on your task, having multiple views to set, ability to restrict the client access to the limited/unlimited number of projects. in a small team it makes easy project monitoring overall for a small team size or individual i will recommend this product.

Cons

i have faced difficulty with its integration with few apps like Quickbooks and stuck with the reports when run across the projects. so suitable only for the projects under one umbrella. Reports lack some data about the customer and projects there can be some data that can be put in the reports like project detail start/end time or type of the project.Privacy is the certain cons here as it lack the privacy in-between users to users and client. Also a drawback which might have been resolved in new version of this software is the less number of filters while preparing for chart/reports.

Jaideep from Glide Invest

Great online collaborative project management tools with feature you have always wanted

While I have not used the customer support for Zoho Projects extensively, all of the other Zoho tools that I use have an extensive Knowledge Base, very active public forum where people respond quickly, in-built live-chat to chat with a customer service representative, and plenty of videos on YouTube to learn different aspects of the software.

Pros

Zoho Projects has the following features - no restrictions on number of projects you can create. Easy to switch between projects in the same online interface vs managing multiple files. Ability to create workflow automations that trigger on event based activities, which enables standardization of processes. Ability to share projects with outside vendors/project participants and improve the collaborative nature of Project management.

Cons

More flexibility on making the user interface more compact (like Excel or MSP). Current interface is well spaced, but some users may like a more compact view. More simplified Gantt Charts that help us understand progress and dependencies. Ability to export projects to Excel for sharing with others we can't/don't want to bring on to Zoho projects

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is well suited for corporates who want to make project management a more collaborative tool rather than a PM managed tool. It's well suited for startups where founders/co-founders come from large corporate settings and prefer to use comprehensive project management tools over new age tools like Asana and Trello. Its well suited for those who appreciate the importance of dependencies between tasks and want to build and track comprehensive plans for their projects.

Jesse from Genius Solutions

Zoho projects is OK for the money, but there are better alternatives

Pros

Relatively easy to collaborate, track progress and keep on top of our projects.

Cons

Visually it is a little clunky, less polished than asana or monday. Doesn't do a lot more than trello.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

We were testing project tools, eventually went back to trello.

amy from SparkWorks, LLP

Do not get Zoho Projects!

Terrible.

Pros

There is very little, if anything about this product that is likable. I guess, if pushed, I would say the calendar feature and the forum features are interesting but by no means makes up for the lack of features overall of Zoho Project. We are a small to medium business that recently, and regrettably, transitioned from Harvest to Zoho. There is quite a gap in pricing between the two platforms but you get what you pay for, mainly how many users you have. Zoho Project feels more like a bata test platform, then an actual product that should be live and used by any business. If you are doing very basic project management, like planning a wedding or a home renovation this tool would be good for you. But why would you pay for it when you can get any template on-line for free. The only other "pros" I could manage to list is their support. They have a help representative chat feature which is good and they are responsive. Unfortunately for them and mean most of it was used to inform me that "that feature is currently not available". Overall go with Harvest!

Cons

Does not integrate with Quickbooks. Can not add basic client contact information. Can't view all invoices that are due or in draft form (they force you to use another one of their clunky platforms). The Zoho Dashboard is terribly unhelpful and uninformative. You can not run basic reports like; time reports for team members across projects, expenses, invoiced projects, etc. You can't even simply alphabetize Client Users, so as you add clients they are sorted by when you entered them, only. You can only export information in one format and the reports provide very little (helpful) information; for example if you want to export your Clients. The report that is generated only provides the internal Client ID#, Name, User Name, Email Address, Role, Invoice. It does not provide State/End Dates, what Projects are associated with Clients, any Budget information, and so on, and so on. Invoice, Expense, and Time information are shown and available only through each individual Project. You can not see all invoices due, total amounts out standing, or time sheets across Projects and Clients. You are forced to click into each individual project to access that information and once again, the reports you are able to generate are very limited. I could go on about all the "cons" associated with Zoho Project but I don't have time.

Great solution for agency resourcing

We're very happy with the power of the solution and feel that it will support our growth. Getting the system configured and learning how to use it properly was a steeper curve than we anticipated.

Pros

We evaluated tons of online solutions for managing our small agency's projects. Most would be good at one thing, but fall down in others. Zoho Projects allows us to see projects and tasks, capture timesheets, and view resource allocations across the agency. It may be slightly on the over-powered size for just the few of us, but we want a platform that can support our growth. This seems to be the one.

Cons

The software seems to have a ton of features that we're still finding. It would be nice to have a way to make sure we're using it to it's fullest. For example, we were archiving tasks when they were complete but then realized that this process made it so timesheet hours couldn't be applied to those closed tasks. Adding a "closeout" custom status seemed to have solved it, but we'd love some info or training on best practices.

Cost

A practical solution for small teams

It is a practical and easy to use project planning suite although it has limited functionality in the smaller plans that does not allow people to test it before committing to an upgrade. You cannot test a project plan solution without properly using tasks and subtasks.

Pros

The ability to link to other Zoho solutions (CRM etc) and integrate information from various functions and third parties in project planning and implementation.

Cons

Problematic value for money for small teams that need more functionality. Also, there is no ability to customize functionality and price package.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Zoho is connected to the Zoho CRM solution- easy to switch within a unified environment

Jayme from MarketVixen

Comprehensive Project Management Software

In general, my experience with zoho has been positive. I'm happy to use it and my team likes all the different solutions zoho has for our business.

Pros

Zoho is one of the industry leaders for project management software. It is has many APIs able and offers a lot of flexibility. The program is fairly easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

There are some features missing that I would like to see and it can sometimes be more time consuming to enter tasks than I would like it to be.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Cost and functionality. Zoho cost more than Monday but has more connected products and less than basecamp for what we needed. We also had a team member who had set up zoho project management for a precious company in the past and she knew the program.

Ruby from ServerGuy

It has helped me a lot in assigning and tracking tasks of my team

It has been great. Zoho projects is quite easy to use and implement. It makes tracking and assigning tasks a cake walk.

Pros

Its easy of use and availability of timesheets. I can keep a track on the productive time of my team. We add our week's complete pipeline of tasks in Zoho projects and then assign them to different individuals. After that they can start and close the timer in the beginning and ending of the task. It also offers simple drag and drop features and therefore can be used by anyone.

Cons

One of the main disadvantage of Zoho projects is that you cannot add widgets, data, export tasksheets in the form of doc. It also quite expensive. Many other software are giving the same features at much lower price.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Because my company have bought complete zoho suite including zoho projects. It is working fine for us and hence, we don't have to switch to other projects.

Kevin W. from Meraglim Holdings

A Comprehensive Project Management Platform

I have used a number of project management tools (Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Trello) and we are quite happy with Zoho Projects. We are a technology SaaS startup running distributed operations across the US and Caribbean. Zoho Projects allows us to collaborate and track progress on a myriad of tasks seamlessly. Highly recommended.

Pros

Zoho Projects offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities and allows a large distributed team to collaborate and manage a myriad of tasks.

Cons

The range of functions and capability means Zoho Projects does not have the ease of adoption of a Basecamp so there is more of a learning curve for you and your staff.

Kristen from Saint Bernard Group LLC

Industry: Philanthropy

I couldn't live without it!

We've increased our productivity dramatically, been able to integrate our tasks with time tracking software and even bill our clients for extra time. Also, I sleep better at night because it's all organized.

Pros

I love that I can set deadlines set my own features /terms for progress - it's not a cookie cutter solution. I can assign tasks, to-do lists or entire projects to colleagues, and share internally and also external to my organization. I also love the mobile platform (app). It keeps me super organized, and helps me keep everyone else on my team organized too.

Cons

I wish there were a slightly lower price-point between the free version and the enterprise version, for small businesses like mine, but they do offer a good value! It's worth the $.

Roshi from Consulting

Love this product- others don't compare!

Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining. And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining. With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :( And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Ryan from Wallaroo Media

Great platform for the price, but bugs and interface will drive you mad

Zoho Projects is a rare project management software that does all of the things our marketing agency needs it to do at a great price, which is why we've kept it for as long we have. We just wish it was considerably more user-friendly.

Pros

The number of features from Zoho Projects is impressive. Practically every feature we needed for our project management could be done, at a price no other platform could match. You can set billable and non-billable hours, you can clock into a timer for all tasks, and the task creation setup is pretty robust. The interface has improved a ton in the 3 years I've been using the platform, and you can tell the developers are constantly trying to improve stability and features for users.

Cons

As great as the features are, the functionality of the software can be quite frustrating. The interface is bland and can be very difficult to navigate. We can usually find what we need but finding it can be quite the challenge. Along with that, some features have head-scratching quirks that we've never been able to figure out. For instance, every time we create a new project it will only add *some* of the managers to the project, instead of all of them, even though there's no difference in their permissions. It's a technically *stable* software, but we often grow envious of other, more functional project management software that's out of our price range.

Juan from PREMO, SL

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development. ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries. Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation. We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Pros

Correct functionality for project management. Available basics tools. Easy and intuitive use. Very Cheaper High control of the activities by the managers

Cons

Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server). The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system Document for training is poor. Not exist report system. somo people has not clear the daily task. The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept). A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

Ken from Uzado

This has been an easy to use and fast deployment app

Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Pros

This solution allowed us to become operational with our customers very quickly, and to provide a way to collaborate with them. The fact that it is online allows us to have common access with our clients and to provide transparency. Previous to using this, all team members had their own versions of PM tools that were not compatible and made for a very frustrating experience when trying to collaborate. Our clients like the fact that they have access to be able to contribute to the success of our projects. Zoho as a company have made changes as part of our feature requests that continue to make the experience of using this solution more pleasurable. Having a single price point for unlimited users and projects also made a huge difference when choosing a solution. This is a highly recommended app for any size organization

Cons

There really isn't a downside considering the value for money. If the cost was inline with more expensive alternatives that have more features I could see that being an issue.

Diana from Cosmetics

Industry: Cosmetics

Flexible program but terrible support

We felt a bit frustrated with their support and didnt want to buy into their model anymore.

Pros

We enjoyed setting this program up because it had flexibility to allow us to set it up for our marketing business and also cosmetics. We had many contractors too so it was great we could track their times for each task.

Cons

Once we started adding more users, it became too expensive. In the end, we had to step away from this because we had over 30 users and we needed something that wouldn't charge so much for adding new users. We needed a better package deal. Support was terrible and they tried to lure us in with paying for support.

Vikram from Benefit Consulting Group

Perfect for a small business with lots of clients

We had been looking for years on how to properly transition from a printed spreadsheet, to an online collaborative system where all members of our (small) team could easily access production and client information from a central online platform. We tried various project management tools, but the curve with Zoho Projects was perfect. We all learned how to use the software in less than a day so we can now focus on getting work done. It's been a time and money saver from day one and we look forward to the continued incremental improvements to further help our business.

Pros

Easy to learn interface. Adaptable to our business needs. Very good for a cooperative or individually-based environments.

Cons

We do a lot of searching for tasks. However, when you are inside one of the few dozen projects we have, we can only search for tasks within the project. It would be great to have a search where all tasks are displayed, no matter where you are inside Projects. This would be great for how we have adapted the software for our needs.

Priyabrata from GrayMatter Software Services Pvt Ltd

Very user friendly and affordable too. Awesome tool for project management.

Best in class Project management tool. It has the option to display the progress of the projects, number of bugs raised and fixed in charts, so that an user with less technical knowledge could also be able to understand its functionalities.

Pros

One of its best feature is timesheet. It's very easy to fill up the timesheet. You can fill the timesheet in monthly ,weekly even daily basis. Very easy to track the assigned bugs and has the option to send notifications through mail after resolving the bugs(issues). It has the option to switch multiple projects in order to keep track of projects, if a single developer is assigned to multiple projects at the same time.

Cons

Still has some minor bugs like when we resolve an issue, we need to share the screen shorts with it as a proof, sometimes the screenshort got uploaded, sometimes it won't though we have highspeed internet connections.

Tom from DSD Business Systems

Professional services organization happy with Zoho Projects

Multiple departments (implementation, product development, project management) have discovered the value of a collaborative tool which supports project management rigor (WBS, % complete, Tasks-to-Task dependency, etc.). We have been able to displace many siloed resources internally, such as hosted spreadsheets and MS Access databases.

Pros

Provider-client collaboration. Zoho Project allows internal team members to easily coordinate activities across a complex WBS (work break-down structure) .AND. collaborate and delegate tasks that the customer's contacts are responsible for.

Cons

That all Tasks and TaskLists under a given Milestone automatically inherit the property of either internal- or external-facing. This often causes us to replicate the WBS - one copy under internal-facing Milestone(s), the other copy under external-facing Milestone(s).

Adith from Bajaj Finserv

Collaborate your team and manage your projects by using Zoho Projects.

Pros

The interface is simple, intuitive and easy to use. It is a project management tool with all basic functionalities. They provide Timesheets, which help you in tracking time. You can keep track of your all projects by switching between multiple projects. You can check out the Kanban view to keep a track of the internal tasks. The application helps to list tasks and subtasks, and you can assign resources to these subtasks. Helps in creation of reports and forms for your project. Customer service and support team are very responsive. The application is easy to set up and allows easy navigation and configuration. Integrated with other applications like Zoho Bugs and G Suite applications.

Cons

The free version lacks a lot of features in comparison to the paid one. The absence of a group chats feature. The application encountered errors while working with QuickBooks. It is quite difficult to work on the mobile phone version. You can’t add multiple employees to different projects at the same time.

Gaetano from Centro Libero Analisi e Ricerca

A very efficient, clear and proactive platform, extremely well designed and developed.

Collaborating without any problems with colleagues, partners, pupils. I tried it in different ways, both working out documents and managing complex projects without encountering serious hitches or bugs.

Pros

The overall structure is particularly friendly and intuitive. The customer can learn immediately how to manage the contents and surf among the different widgets proposed. It is worth noting the large offer of management tools even in the free-or-charge version. As a manager of a noprofit organization I appreciate a lot this approach and I am spreading out Zoho among my colleagues as the current best platform for collaborating both in business and in education sectors.

August 2016

August 2016

Great start, but needs to be tweaked

The core functionality of the platform is excellent - the way the flow works with projects, milestones, task lists, tasks, and subtasks support such a variety of project complexities, which is wonderful for a company like mine where our projects range in scope.

Pros

The time tracking is easy to use and a clean design. The ability to move task lists between projects and things is also a great feature.

Cons

There are some areas where you are prompted to load a file, but then when you try it tells you it must be an image. There should be tags or custom fields at the task level. Milestones should have an option to not enter a date as sometimes it is used for planning a backlog (for our purposes) Also, an admin should be able to unfollow a project manually. I like that we are opted in to follow everything, but I have no way to remove projects that are not relevant to me whatsoever. Another MAJOR con that isn't specific to projects is just how unhelpful the tech support staff is. They seem to only be interested in closing the ticket, so much so that they don't always read the entire question or bother to try and formulate an answer, they just give you a link to their help desk and send you on your way. That has been the SINGLE most frustrating aspect of any and all Zoho products we are using.

Annette from Edinburgh College.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Transformed my teaching.

Customer service is fabulous.

Pros

This may seem like an unusual use of this software but I use it to gather evidence of my 57 students per year who work together organising charity events as part of their music course. It gives them a real world experience and allows them to gain great experience using online project management software. This software is really easy to engage with and has a social media feel that they respond to.

Cons

Perhaps the only thing is that I'd like a group chat function within the app rather than having to leave to go to cliq. I'm finding getting to grips with cliq a wee bit frustrating but that could be me.

David from Center for Inspired Teaching

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Zoho is the Project Management software that fits your needs - whatever they are

Zoho is a great way to keep on top of your project management without requring a tremendous amount of time or skill to jump in. However, if you put in the time to learn about how to use the variety of features, it offers a wide range of options to meet many different needs, from time management to document management, to collaboration.

Pros

Simple enough for even the least tech-savvy member of your team to use, but packed with enough features to make serious project managers happy Unlimited users at any price point Multiple viewing options (Task list, Kanban, Dependency, Gantt chart) Easy to find answers to questions about how to use features Good price points for features offered Very customizable

Cons

Sometimes features are not intuitive to use Can't edit projects within Gantt charts without premium subscription Customization isn't always easy to manage

Pete from Creative Interface

We use zoho projects to manage our software development and support tickets, simply put, it is ideal

This software is central to how we run our business and I would heartily recommend it. There are many alternative solutions out there but this one does the job well for us and is very cost effective for small development and testing teams.

Pros

Cons

Like most Zoho products, it is intended for a mainstream audience which can make it very easy to use but sometimes, it can be a little limited for power users although we have always been able to find a workaround for solutions that we are trying to achieve.

I wanted to love it.

I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators. I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons

My major complaint falls into two categories: 1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps. 2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well. I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials. On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together. As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Dave from JustEnough Software

Zoho Projects, great compliment to Desk and Bugs

Great tool, This has had a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Working with our business partners Zoho Project improved accountability and tracking of who said one in a chain of communication.

Pros

Easy to set up and configure, Perfect to allow customers interaction with Services team and SOW projects. Integrated with Zoho Bugs. Security allows customers and staff to belong to multiple projects. Allows Milestones and Calendar events. Overview of Feed and Reports allow for a good top level view of projects.

Cons

Wish it had more Automation and Notification rules. Would like to send some updates to certain users.

Johnny from PPCStrike

Very good project management app that could use a UX overhaul.

Overall my experience with Projects has been quite positive. Much better than most project management apps I have tried.

Pros

I love that projects is a very comprehensive product that has many features. Projects allows us to manage all of our tasks for all of our clients.

Cons

The UI could definitely use an overhaul to look more modern such as Asana. I also wished that the admin could control the layout for the employees of the organization. Additionally, I would love to see recurring tasks added to the templates so that I don't have to make all the recurring tasks "recurring" each time.

Anil from India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

The features at the price offered are best compared to similar apps.

Pros

It is a great tool for any business brand. It helps to manage the projects and tasks in a very efficient manner. It provides features for planning projects. You can create blueprints for your plan and follow up accordingly. This can be very helpful for keeping track of the progress. These records can then be used to update the sales, marketing, and other strategies accordingly. The project can be classified based on the priority of the tasks that need to be finished earlier. The team can be informed about the project and its updated on the same platform. It provides room for collaboration and sharing of essential information.

Cons

The features they offer during the trial period are way less than what it offers while we buy it for a monthly price. If one user has more than one projects with the same username and credentials, I have to manually copy all the details as it doesn't show up in the same window.

Lisa from Freelance

Industry: Writing and Editing

Useful for Project Management, but not perfect

Good but not great. It has helped improve overall Project Management, but I know leaves people frustrated in certain areas as well.

Pros

It does offer a lot of options to customize. Once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy to use. Multiple viewing options are nice.

Cons

A few pretty annoying feature gaps: importing from Excel is deceptively limited in that you can't import subtasks or specific times for due dates. It can be difficult for some to learn, especially those who are not tech-savvy. There are some limitations in customizing tasks and issue fields that are not deal-breakers but are certainly annoying. And one of the most annoying things of all is that when adding customized fields, it does NOT allow you to multi-select. This is difficult to work around.

jim from Business Help, Inc.

I love keeping track of thing with ZOHO CRM

It would take quite something special for me to try another CRM. ZOHO just keeps adding features and it is so easy to use.

Pros

I like the reminders and integration with other softwares. ZOHO is a big help in keeping me focused on what I should be doing and what I have done. I wish I used more of its features. There are just so many to learn and use.

Cons

The negative I have is that there are features which I know would help us more. It would be great to have ZOHO support or Customer Service send us emails reminders to try features we aren't using to the fullest or at all.

Excellent and easy to use Project Management software for small companies

The experience was nice enough and the customer support was great.

Pros

This is hands down the best project management software for small companies that don't want or need the heavy lifting of software such as Microsoft Project but need some form of project management over simple whiteboards. Transitioning from the office whiteboards to Zoho Projects is easy. It is easy enough to deploy even to the lest Tech literate in the project team - all they have to do is see the tasks assigned to them and tick off things. The chat feature is a bonus. The invoice and time tracking features are great though only a few on the team actually end up using them :(

Russ from EOL IT Services Ltd

Good Project software for small and medium enterprise.

Better organising of tasks, better scheduling. Better tracking of the 'life-cycle' of an issues, improvement, change.

Pros

Very easy to use, simple interface. Cloud-based version is responsive and downtime seems rare for us. Development is ongoing, ZOHO are always improving the product so good to see it is alive and well. pricing is very reasonable especially for a smaller company. Users are unlimited and you pay by number of projects.

Cons

Support can be a little slow to respond. It can start to get expensive if you have hundreds of projects live but this can be alleviated by archiving old projects to reduce number of live ones.

Wayne from Newport Digital

Free to start with, I found Zoho Projects easy to use as a Freelancer

Pros

For a single person startup requiring Project management that can be linked to the Zoho world of products, this is great. Initially, you have the option of a FREE version that allows up to 5 users and 2 projects to manage. Great to get a feel for how Zoho Projects operates. Integrates with Google Suite which will be a bonus for many. Paid version has several tiers to accommodate most businesses.

Cons

The free version is limited, you will need to have a paid version to get full benefits of Zoho Projects. Mobile phone app is a bit clunky and adding users to projects can be a pain (it isn't intuitive).

Keith from Seychelle Media

Extremely powerful, extremely affordable, but not always intuitive

Enterprise-level functionality at a low price that really benefits our business. We're committed to this platform because of all it does at such a low price.

Pros

Zoho Projects has way more functionality that competitors in the same price range. We have unlimited internal and client users for one set (and very affordable) price, and we have all of the functionality (plus some) that we would find in far more expensive PM solutions.

Cons

Like other products in the Zoho family, support is difficult to get and exclusively comes from India. Functionality isn't always completely reliable, but it's rare that we need support.

Dan from Bob Barker Company

Industry: Wholesale

Online Project Management and Collaboration at an incredibly low cost!

Compared to other products that I've configured and used, this one takes the cake. It's just so easy. I find it much easier to work with, and that's resulted in greater productivity and visibility for my stakeholders.

Pros

Having used other products, I have found Zoho Projects to be the easiest to configure and use as both an administrator of the product and as a project manager. Every feature that I need to effectively manage a waterfall project from a scheduling perspective is included in this tool. Top that off with the Zoho Apps and collaboration features, and you have a ecosystem that that could rivals any of the larger providers.

Cons

There are some Agile features in Zoho Projects, but to completely implement an Agile PM approach, you should consider Zoho Sprints instead.

Biren from Sigma Solve, Inc

Awesome Project Management Tool - ZOHO

We are using zoho for project management, employee leave management

Pros

ITs very userfriendly + lot of functionality is available. A well thought,implemented tool for any industry and any size of business

Cons

It would be good to have some rules functionality to automate some of the process in terms of reminder if comments are not added or time log is not added. User should not be able to save the information. Ability to make certain info mandatory

April 2015

Jason

April 2015

Zohoprojects - Lacks essential functionality

Zohoprojects looks good at first however there are some small bugs. More importantly there are MAJOR issues once everything is set up. Unfortunately we had to leave zohoprojects for privacy reasons. Within the project management system as it is currently developed every user can see every comment and task for every other user in the project. We contacted zoho and there is no way of changing this. Our setup currently is we have employees, contractors, managers and clients. As far as zoho is concerned though all of the above make no difference as zohoprojects lets every user even the contractors see EVERY detail of every conversation and tasks between managers and clients. Eventhough there are priviledge roles to prevent users from editing other users tasks they can still view EVERYTHING. Every login or message left, every detail, task, invoice etc generated for every other user. Therefore two completely independent contractors for example could view absolutely everything that is going on with eachother. Absolutely ludicrous. This is certainly a fundamental and very basic requirement which any project manager would expect out of the box. Zohoprojects however seems not to care about it. We contacted them many times about this issue to find a workaround however there is none. We got a nice apology from India but unfortunately that is not enough. This lack of functionality can not be omitted. It is essential. All it needs is a tick box within each project titled "Tick for Assigned users to be able to view tasks and milestones only" In summary: If you are intending to use zohoprojects to manage one or more contractors and employees for your business then DON´T. You could do more damage to your business through this lack of privacy functionality than good if you do. As every project user can see EVERYTHING that everyone else is doing including any login or sensitive information that is posted. There is no way of making any message or task private. Also ALL client information can be viewed by EVERY user also. Zoho does have a solution to client information being visible to all the users which is to set up one project for clients and one for workers. Surely that negates the complete purpose of the system in the first place? All I can say is "It´s a shame". Unless they fix it soon they will certainly lose huge amounts of customers and revenue just the same as they have now lost ours.

Pros

When there are problems with the platform a very apologetic response from India arrives in your mailbox explaining that there is no solution.

Cons

no privacy between users no privacy for clients from users

Dinesh from Planet Web Solution

Managing Project with Zoho is wow

With all pros and cons i love to use zoho and managing project with Zoho Projects.

Pros

1. Creation of Milestones with Dates for module of the development 2. creation of tasklist under milestone for sprints 3. creation of tasks under task list for work under the sprints 4. creation of issue and tag them with task to track the sprint backlog 5. Complete solution to run the project management as per agile scrum methodology

Cons

1. No tasklist ID's are available. 2. User is facing somewhat issue in uploading files 3. Managing internal and external type of software is some what tricky.

Jorge from EMBA GROUP

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great software. A few display and navigation features could be twicked.

Optimize our internal procesess

Pros

Cons

Some features are redundant (like timesheets) I mean you can access from several places and that makes it a bit confusing. The descriptor columns on the tasks panel are not adjustable, if i want to see just some info in my screen t print a report there is alot of blank space. The timesheet aproval could be optimized. Somethins require more than one click to be done (like the add user feature) and that takes extra time.

Colin from Clear Home

Simple and Easy for our business to use

Pros

I like how easy it is for my team to track our hours for work each day. It is easy to track your hours for different clients so we can bill them based on the hours we work. It is easy for all of my co-workers to see what tasks need to be finished and to provide any notes about the specific task. Overall it's easy to use and easy to track products.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find where to find things such as the hours I have worked over a specific time span. I also don't really like the feel of ZoHo projects on the app. It's hard to navigate (maybe not so mobile friendly) and it appears to stop logging time once you lock the phone. (It logs the time but it looks like it isn't).

Remy from Banking.Systems

Stable and User friendly Project Management System

Pros

We have been using the Zoho Project Management Platform to manage the deployment of our Banking Software Product: NexorONE®. One of the features we appreciate is the ease of sharing content with our customers, allowing them to keep track of the process. Additionally, complex projects that integrate several parties are easy to set up.

Archie from Pinsight

Industry: Research

Everything you need in one platform but with a learning curve.

It's been difficult to get some team members to utilize Zoho. I suspect it's because there are so many options and getting to the Kanban view (which we use most often) is nested under another option. If there was a way to set a default view whenever you open a project, that would be helpful. You could already have this feature, but the complicated nature of Zoho hasn't made it obvious where to set a default view.

Pros

It has all the features and tools I need for project management in one platform. It's easy to communicate with team members and track completion progress within tasks. It's possible to just use the features you need for your organization and ignore the others.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve because there are so many features and it's not always intuitive where certain tools are nested. There can be some version control issues because documents per task are lumped together in one tab in Kanban view. I sometimes have difficultly finding tasks that are assigned to me specifically. Documents opened within Zoho for collaboration often lose their formatting and are difficult to navigate.

Nithya from Logica Soft Ltd

A good tool for small companies

Pros

As a small company we have found this software to be very useful and easy to set up. The initial days where we maintained excel spreadsheet software for all our projects have now been replaced with Zoho and it have helped our teams integrate and collaborate more seamlessly! Reporting is good and management can take decisions more real time!

Cons

I have been using this software and initially found it time consuming to set up but once done it had been very helpful!

Great CRM!

Pros

Our company currently uses Zoho and has been for 4+ years. Great program--- does everything we need it to, it just takes time to learn the ins and outs and get everyone trained on the program.

Cons

Not as user friendly as other programs. Really takes time to dive in and figure out all of the features it containts.

Marc from SPEC Group

Zoho projects has meant a great advance in the management of our projects.

Pros

Great ease of use, we have invited contractors, we have not had problems. Also the updates are interesting, allowing to add new fields to the projects, allowing to make more statistics.

Cons

As a negative, I would highlight the lack of integration with Onedrive, the errors reported in the generation of email notifications.

Justine from The Catholic Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Zoho Projects

Pros

This software made it very easy to access information on and off site, being cloud based. It provides great ease with project management, keeping you on track.

Cons

Support is difficult. There are a lot of web-based texts to search through if you have an issue. It's easier dealing with a real person.

ARLENE from GLD

Easy to use email system.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is free and comes with a lot of options for Zoho campaign items, tutorials and webinars. Also, cannot forget to mention no advertising.

Cons

Emails can be marked as spam but it would be nice if there was a feature to block unwanted emails.

Elite Project Management Software

It is a project management platform we utilise every day to help us speed up project progress. It is good for team projects as it keeps everyone on his toes

Pros

Zoho Projects helps you organize your projects. With Zoho Projects, you can easily assign tasks to team members, track project progress, explore Gantt charts, get evaluation report on project summary and share files amongst team members

Cons

It is really nice. I have absolutely nothing to complain about

Collaboration and Tracking becomes easy

UI looks good. Features like "Feed" "Dashboard" "Reports" "Gannt" and Etc will make your life easy while handling a project. It also have some usefull integrations as well.

Pros

1. Pricing. 2. Collaboration is easy. 3. Easy to track.

Cons

Have some small bugs.

Incredibly customizable

Highly customizable and effective program with a good value. Would recommend to anyone who likes a lot of options.

Pros

I've been trying a lot of project management software lately, and Zoho stacks up pretty well. There are tons of options for customization and various visual displays to choose among. The level at which you can break down tasks into smaller components is extensive so you can get as fancy and specific as you want. You have the option to set sequential tasks too to great effect. The cost for all this customization really isn't bad as well.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of cleaning up. It's not bad, and there are at least UI options to select among, but they aren't as visually appealing and intuitive as some other programs.