• Pros

• "Easy to use, update and get users accessing on their own. Customer Support responsiveness to use recommendations and general assistance for questions or best practice advice."

• "Very nice interface, much easier to use than spreadsheets we previously used."

• "I like that it gives me EXACT data for my monthly commissions reports. It's very easy to read and gives me exact breakdowns on all linformation"

• Cons

• "Their documentation is lacking within the product but they have a great services team that was able to help get me trained so not a big deal."

• "The ui needed some improvement but one of the recent updates was a huge boost..it looks very slick now "

• "Initially there were some multi step in setup that could be linked to save steps and when i made the recommendation, within a few weeks the fix was in."

Browse CaptivateIQ Reviews

Albert from Gong.io

Easy to use, and incredible customer experience

Pros

The tool itself is incredibly intuitive to use if you come from a finance background. I could pick up everything really quickly because a lot of the design in mind is how you'd create formulas in Excel. On top of that, the customer service was unmatched. I had truly the absolute best on-boarding experience with them. Also they are rolling out new features like their plan management tool that saved me and the finance team a crazy amount of time not having to manually populate and send them one at a time.

Cons

They haven't built in short cuts that lets you mass edit columns into dates, currency etc. Could add in additional visuals to make it a bit prettier. Create the option of a real-time sync could be useful from a performance management perspective.

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Much more robust and incredibly intuitive to use for a finance or analytical professional.

Jesse from Heap

CaptivateIQ Review

We are solving cross team collaboration with commission between accounting and my BDR management team and moving away from excel spreadsheets. This has totally given new clarity and transparency across 3 different teams and made a lot of the grunt work of managing a BDR team go away. Also love that I can customize the comp structure to my own system.

Pros

-UX, simplicity - this product makes it incredibly flexible and easy to model my BDR commissions and work with accounting to ensure everyone is on the same page with comp. Working in a startup means we often change how we comp, and having a seamless UX and flexibility is crucial in using commission software for our BDRS.

Cons

only con is not being able to login via the website - sometimes hard to track down the app itself and where to login

Reasons for Choosing CaptivateIQ

Simple UX, flexibility, customizable, collaboration opportunities, seamless experience, zero bugs.

Molly from Truckstop.com

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

CapitvateIQ Employee Usage Review

Pros

Cons

None that I can think of - I honestly think that the software is amazing

Samuel from Heap

SaaS rep using CaptivateIQ

n/a

Pros

Really like having transparency around how much I'm going to get paid, when, and based on what deals.

Cons

What could use the most improvement is showing me more intuitively where the data is. The UI right now takes a bit of digging around and seems like there is a lot of blank space.

Harry from OneLogin Inc

Great solution, must have for sales orgs

Great solution

Pros

The increased visibility it provides for tracking deals and visualising forecasts

Cons

sync speed with salesforce could be improved

Jonathan from Mitek Systems, Inc.

Simple and Effective

Pros

The feature I like the most about CaptivateIQ is the commissions dashboard. In single screen you can see all you previous and upcoming commission statements, with ability to look at statements for each one. As. a rep, it makes it extremely easy to know what deals are getting paid out and what rates. As a manager, you also have the intuitive view to quickly review in case any questions arise from reps.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing not to like. The previous tool we were using was a nightmare for all users (admins, managers, reps, etc.). CaptivateIQ has really helped streamline our communication process when releasing commissions.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

It was very hard to navigate and understand the data. Was not user friendly nor intuitive. Too many times reps had to schedule time with manager and ops to ask questions about statements because data was clearly understood within tool.

Demetrius from Litmus

Time Saver

CaptivateIQ has saved me hours of headaches. Previously my company dispersed commission statements via an excel spreadsheet. If one person put in the incorrect format or forgot to save a copy and made changes to the master template it caused a delays in pay outs. With CaptivateIQ I can check my statement in detail in less than 2 mins

Pros

The dashboard is very easy to read and understand the data as it relates to my commission statements

Cons

To be honest I haven't found any dislikes. The one ask, I wish there was a moblie app.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

It was a compnay decision because of several complaints with previous system

Ben from Mixpanel

Sales commissions transparency at it's finest

Pros

I love how simple and easy it is to navigate the UI as you're looking to find answers about your payouts. I previously used Xactly at my former companies and CaptivateIQ is WAY better. I was always suspicious about my payouts in the past, but since we've started using CaptivateIQ, I'm able to clearly find what I'm looking for and feel confident that my commission is correct.

Cons

There's not a whole lot that I dislike about the platform. The only feedback I provided was that I wish there was a way to read about your payout in more "plain text", rather than having to dig through different tables of data.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

The company made the switch, probably because so many people felt that there was a lack of transparency and simplicity when it came to auditing your sales commission payouts.

Alex from Verkada

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy to see and use Commission Calc

Pros

Love that everything is in one place and I don't have to rely on using any type of excel doc to see my commissions and run scenarios. This allows them to get updated and I know, no one else can change values in those excel docs.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was line item commission values for each deal I've brought in.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

Way too hard to keep track of commissions and see updates from my plan to how that affects my commission rate.

Rebecca from TRN Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Ease of viewing and approving commission. Quick access of information.

Pros

I like the professional layout of CaptivateIQ. I also like being able to see certain key pieces of commission information at a glance when I initially open the statements.

Cons

I have not had any cons thus far with this product.

Reasons for Switching to CaptivateIQ

I am not sure, this was a corporate decision.

Darren from RepairPal

A Robust Commissions Tool

CaptivateIQ moved us out of spreadsheets into a reliable platform that helped make our lives easier operationally as well as form a Sales user experience. RepairPal had been running the Sales team's commission calculations out of Excel spreadsheets for as long as anyone here can remember. Which worked for making sure the Sales team got paid on their standard plan but did not allow us much if any customizability. It was a real challenge for us to pay SPIFFS, payroll adjustments, etc. Changing our comp structure was weeks worth of work instead of hours or days. And it wasn't a great user experience for the Sales team. Who ended up having to go through PDFs every month to try and find out what they had been paid. When I had initially started evaluating tools we'd looked at Exactly SimplyComp. But it became pretty apparent early on that we weren't their target buyer. Our sales team had 6 people on it and when we evaluated SimplyComp, it was challenging to replicate our plan. When CaptivateIQ reached out to us, it was very apparent that they understood our needs, struggles and had a wealth of experience working with all kinds of commission plans. We did a proof of concept trial with a free implementation and I could not be more pleased with the results. What used to take 2 people hours to do, is done in 15 minutes. Saves me time, saves our finance guys time and keeps the sales team happy.

Pros

Flexibility; I have a hard time imagining a commission structure CaptivateIQ couldn't replicate. Customizable statements; Show the sales team what they need to know. How much they got paid and when. Nothing more nothing less. Ease of use; Fairly easy to self serve if you have a good understanding of excel formulas and SQL. Takes us about 15 minutes to run commissions now where it used to take us hours. Customer support; Every time I have reached out for help, I have gotten a response the same day. That’s particularly impressive given the size of CaptivateIQ.

Cons

I believe you can buy one at extra cost, but there's no built-in test/sandbox instance. Makes me a bit nervous testing things out in our production instance. But there are ways to ensure none of your important data is touched, so not a huge con by any means.

Carl from Lever

Captivate has been a massive win

The main problems we were looking to solve with Captivate were improved accuracy of our calculations, increased transparency of the commissions process, and reduced time to calculate. I think we've realized all of the above and I’m not sure how we’d scale or handle our current plans in Excel.

Pros

In 2019 we migrated from 3 compensation plans that could be managed in Excel to more complex plans with multiple variations. We needed a system that could provide a better audit trail as well as visibility into the calculations to ensure the math checked out. CaptivateIQ has been huge for us. I find it very valuable for sanity checking calculations and avoiding discrepancies. Any time there are discrepancies we can take a deeper dive into the calculations and see what’s contributing to the error which brings peace of mind. I appreciate how the calculations in the plans are laid out step by step and it’s very logical. Nothing is nested, so this makes it incredibly easy to follow along. The biggest win has been transparency with our sales team. Previously we didn't have the time to create individual statements for our reps which often caused additional lost time when they had questions about the calculations. The individual statements have significantly reduced the amount of support we need to provide post-calculation.

Cons

As someone very comfortable with spreadsheets, formulas, and data analysis, I find the concepts in Captivate and tool straightforward to use. That said, it’s going to take some of my team members a little longer for them to learn given they don’t have the same level of experience. Our implementation specialist was helpful though in explaining the concepts and getting our team more comfortable with the tool. Our implementation was a success, but my only feedback is that I would have preferred to plan a whole day session vs several 1 hour sessions over a number of weeks. This would have made our time to implement substantially faster. In future updates I'd like to see more work on auditing tools to help us chase down discrepancies or errors quicker, and additional control or flexibility on the presentation and layout of the individual commission statements.

Ricardo from Gurtam

Processing commissions in <1 min / month even with our new complex plans

It’s been the great..of course the product, but I really enjoyed working with the support staff as well. Not only great guys and A+ service, but they have both been in finance roles where they ran commissions at companies so they’re great resources.

Pros

The product truly automates what used to be one of the most annoying manual tasks for us The sales, implementation guys, and support team are all fantastic My reps finally have visibility to their commissions without having to ask me or my admin Data syncs directly from my CRM I was able to change my reps’ plans to have a better (but more complex) plan because I didn’t have to worry about how we’d calculate it each month

Shane from MightySignal

Awesome product. Handles the nitty gritty so you can focus on what's important.

I’d definitely recommend CaptivateIQ to those looking for a way to automate the commissions process and save a lot of time. The CaptivateIQ team was amazing in helping me get set up quickly and when it’s all set up and it gave me some peace knowing I’ve got a vetted system to payout commissions to my team.

Pros

I was one of the early customers on CaptivateIQ and can definitely say the tool has evolved a lot. We were traditionally handling commissions in Excel and as the CEO of the company, I was spending a lot of time calculating payouts and sending them to my team. CaptivateIQ helped automate much of the hard work so all I needed to do was refresh the data and click process. My reps then had all the details into how they were getting paid for the month and I had a peace of mind that everything was calculated correctly. One of the things I valued most from CaptivateIQ was the team behind the product. Their experience and familiarity with various commission plans and working with imperfect data helped me think about better ways to streamline my comp plans. They were also very responsive and helpful when it came to questions I had about my plan or the system.

Cons

After their funding I saw a rapid improvements to the product, which at times meant I was seeing something a little different in the UI. Now things are more consistent and stable so that has improved. For statement reports my team receives, I’d like see the ability to PDF them automatically. I also believe they can improve some of the reporting UI but I’m told that is in their update later this year.

Nicholas from North Coast Seafoods

Takes the pain away from a painful process

I think the system is great. We have harder than normal commission plans in my opinion and CaptivateIQ delivered. I would definitely recommend it to others looking to make commissions less painful to manage.

Pros

We were previously managing commissions in Excel and it was starting to take up more time to manage given our growing team. We looked at CaptivateIQ and we were skeptical they could handle our commission plans but they pulled it off. Their system is very flexible and was able to handle things like ramp, draw, and more for us. I also like their rep reporting section. Unlike other solutions, which were forcing us into their set templates, CaptivateIQ’s was very customizable and we were able to tailor each plan.

Sarah from Yello

Very easy to use!

CaptivateIQ is REALLY EASY to use and understand, especially if you come from the world of Excel. After a few sessions with their services team, I’m comfortable making changes to the product on my own. We have a large sales team with a variety of teams / plans and this streamlined the whole process. I recommend this for any large and fast growing sales team.

Pros

Coming from Excel and being able to use CaptivateIQ for commissions processing has been a huge win. I love the product and can’t rave enough about it. Some of the big things I like about the product include: - Being able to custom build the statements per each plan - Easily accommodate changes with people leaving and joining new teams - Loved how easy it is to use especially getting the reps to get into the system and use it (little to no training) CaptivateIQ also has a great services team. They help think through all the use cases and make sure everything is setup correctly. I've never experienced a services team as dedicated and effective as theirs!

Cons

I would love to be able to download statements. Also, on the statement reporter, while incredibly easy to use, I would love more features like adding colors and grouping.

Austin from Lavu Inc

Great workflow and great onboarding

Commission processing time is down significantly, what used to take hours is now being done in one or less. Statements are quick to deploy and easy to understand. There is a lot more confidence in the plans as they are being administered systemically and not through multiple spreadsheets.

Pros

• Tool is powerful but simple to use. • It's possible to create some pretty complex rules within the engine, but where it really shines is in simplifying the data to payment process. • The onboarding process was phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond to make sure that all of my questions were answered and to make me a power user of the platform. • The formulas used for calculation are simple and familiar as they mimic Excel, and the syntax is easy to pick up as it also mimics Excel. Where it picks up its power is by allowing SQL database functions like joins, unions, table filters, grouping, etc.

Cons

• I spent some time wishing there was a better way to store "environment variables" during setup, rather than storing them as rows in a table. • I wish that there were automated emails that went out to an employee when the payment was "locked" (when the payment amount is approved by the administrator.) • I wish that there was more user hierarchy. For example, I can easily create "managers" who can view the payments queued up for their "employees" but the plan administrator is still the one to queue those up. It would be nice to give the manager final say in when the employee can see their plan and payment. • The dataloader tool requires a bit of data cleansing prior to popping it in, slight nuisance.

jillian from Information Technology

Single Source of Truth

The problem that CaptivateIQ solves for my sales team is taking away any grey area. CaptivateIQ provides transparency for our team and allows direct reports to have ownership over their commission. There have been times were discrepancies have come up between what I thought my attainment was vs. what I was actually paid on and without CaptivateIQ I would never have known this.

Pros

I like that CaptivateIQ provides a single source of truth for my sales team. In the sales world, commission is everything and CaptivateIQ is a platform that allows management and direct reports to be on the same page. If there's ever a question about what I'm being paid I know I can turn to CaptivateIQ for the information I need. In many ways, CaptivateIQ acts as a leger for my payouts and it can be referred back to whenever I need it. It is extremely effective because I can see how my performance as reported in salesforce matches against what I was actually paid.

Cons

I don't particularly dislike any aspect of CaptivateIQ but I wish there were additional notifications. I think that it would be helpful if CaptivateIQ was synced with my companies HR/salary platform (ADP) so I could access these statements in one place. If not, then I'd like to be notified when updates in CaptivateIQ are made so I can stay on top of it.

Kelly from Demisto Inc.

Captivate IQ is a great solution to commissions scaling with growing sales teams

Positive experience, CSR has been an amazing team getting us up and running and through the implementation process smoothly. They ask all the right questions and take the time to really understand your plans and help ensure the backend handles all the plan possibilities.

ease of use and price

Monica from ProService Hawaii

Valuable Stats at Your Fingertips

We used to have a person in our company whose sole job and responsibility is to track, compile, audit, and submit commission information for commission payout. This process was incredibly tedious and had the risk of errors and took at the very minimum 3 day turnaround once all the data was compiled. Since switching, we've been able to streamline and decrease the turnaround time!

Pros

From the beginning (and I mean the vetting process when deciding to switch to outsourcing commission management) CaptivateIQ has shown that they are a true partner vendor in the way that they really listened to what we needed and wanted from our commission vendor as well as how our commission is structured. When I log into my dashboard and view my statement, I see all the valuable information I need to understand my past performance and see where my potential payout will be.

Cons

Although the stats that I see are incredibly important (no fluff or unnecessary data), I do wish we had graphical representation of the stats so I can see trends and leading/lagging information.

Switching form Oracle to CaptivateIQ has been incredible

Our overall experience has been extremely positive! We had used Xactly and Oracle in the past and there is no comparison in terms of balancing ease of use with robust capability. Our monthly comp processing has never been more simple! I also want to emphasize the dedication and attention to detail the Captivate team demonstrated during our evaluation cycle, implementation, and beyond - they are committed to getting the tool working exactly as their customers require to an extent I have never seen from other vendors.

Pros

Captivate IQ has an exceptional services team - they invested the time needed to understand our needs and comp plan and were able to get us set up in record time. We had a short window between renewals and the Captivate team was able to quickly onboard us with this in mind, making us confident in our vendor switch. Captivate's data transformation capabilities really stood out to us, as we were working with a hold and release plan which required multiple datasets to be combined with payments data to produce correct releases. The platform was able to handle this easily! I also really like the ability to easily edit statements and make manual adjustments - these have been huge time savers!

Cons

We've asked Captivate to look into custom number formatting for statements. It would also be helpful if the error codes, when triggered, showed more detail.

Ada from Heap, Inc.

Very flexible commission system

CaptivateIQ has been a great experience. Coming from Excel, I highly recommend it for an automated commission solution to save time processing, reviewing payouts for accuracy, and giving something our team is able to interact with for their compensation. When we ran out of time we would not send statements to individuals and with captivateIQ I never have to worry about that.

Pros

One of the challenges of handling our main AE plan in Excel was that it required me to track every period for each sales rep on each line. This was quickly ballooning to become a problem and wasn’t going to scale well with our fast growing business. CaptivateIQ was able to easily handle this AND all of our other different commission plans (SDR team, CS team, Managers, etc.) They’ve got a nice UI and the formula writing within their Comp Plan designer is easy to understand. I also like the real-time feedback in the calculations - brings a lot of transparency for creating new or updating existing commission plans. Services team has been great - very fast and we’re happy with the work so far.

Cons

The system has a lot of flexibility to handle any commission plan but sometimes the formula writing can be a little long. This could be related to the complexity of some of our plans trying to satisfy a bunch of conditions for payouts.

Keith from Cloud Conformity

Great team and product

Commissions used to be a stressful and time consuming monthly exercise. With CaptivateIQ, it takes a few clicks a month to process payouts for the team and now I can move into more important business activities. If you have multiple plans and managers and are trying to simplify this process with an easy to use system, CaptivateIQ will serve you well.

Pros

I appreciate how quickly the system was put together including making changes to account for new 2019 plans. We were able to run payouts within a few days after walking through our plans with their team. Now that the system is running, I really like how everything is centralized so our team can and myself have an organized view of what’s been paid out for on commissions. The team really enjoys the visibility into their deals and have confidence everything is accounted for.

Cons

It would be great to see a Hubspot CRM integration. It would also be nice to see a task manager or a step-by-step walkthrough for when I run payouts each month. For example, when I’m running a payout for a new month, it’d be great to click a button and it would take me through all the steps on all the pages and then actions I need to perform. This would remove having me click on the side navigation to get through processing a payout (loading data, processing payout, review, etc.)

Jeff from Lime Energy

Industry: Utilities

Effectiveness and Transparecy

Before using this we would not know what we were going to be paid until our check. this was not good because if there was an error we had to wait until the next paycheck, 2 weeks later, to get it fixed. This has not happened since this has been in place.

Pros

This software has provided transparency on my paychecks. It breaks down, in detail, where you commissions come from. This is done in a timely manner giving you the opportunity to check and request information on an issue you might think there might be.

Cons

I have not come across any issues that I have not liked

Amanda from Lob

User friendly commission solution

Previously, we were operating commissions in Excel spreadsheets. It was a very manual process that took a lot of time to put together and manually check. It also opened us to potential problems common with spreadsheets (copy pasting formulas and numbers, etc.). We’ve since been operating out of CaptivateIQ, which is a great platform. It beats manually calculating commissions in spreadsheets and makes the whole process very quick, simple, and easy.

Pros

CaptivateIQ rearchitected a new platform and so far it’s great. It’s very easy to digest and works much better than ever before. With this new design, it’s fully functional and self-service - I’m able to go and create new commission plans on my own. It has a workbook style to it making the UI/UX very familiar and intuitive.

Cons

The statement designer has been great so far in that it’s very customizable but I would like to see improvements around formatting and adding graphics/colors. Also, I’d like to see more from general reporting for analysis. The team mentioned this is something they’re working on and will be out shortly so excited to hear what will come out for this.

Nate from Gong.io

Accurate Payments and Commission, Easy to Use

It's been very easy to navigate and the details are also clear. What I like is that there's a natural flow to how you as a sales person thinks -- what are the deals I closed, what did I earn on base commission, what did I earn on accelleratos and what is my total earnings.

Pros

As a rep a top priority is accurate payment on commissions, especially if your comp plan is complicated. Thankfully mine is not, but mistakes can still happen, with CIQ I don't have to worry about that. It's so easy to read and see exactly what deals you closed for the amount, and where you're earning commissions and what accellerators you hit. You can't ask for much more than that, and I know our finance and payroll teams loves it much, much more than the Google Spreadsheet we used to have!

Cons

Not much to complain about, easy to use as a manager too from my understanding to quickly spot check the team. I don't really know what else they could do to improve it.

Jeffrey from Lime Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Real time

This is super easy to use and gives you all the information you need for commission and bonus tracking. It sends emails to let you know where you are for the week or month. All the data is right in front of you on your screen and it’s awesome.

Pros

I love the fact that this is real time Data that is updated regularly. You can see everything you need for your commissions and bonuses burn to date. It saves back-and-forth emails with management and payroll. It’s very nice to have in your pocket.

Cons

There is not much else that I can find negatively about this. A streamlined mobile app could be the icing on the cake.

Destiny from Trn

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

CaptivateIQ Review

Its been a great experience overall using CaptivatelQ

Pros

Its very easy to use on a daily basis. Its very easy to navigate threw the software.

Cons

I like everything about the website no complaints

Zachary from Gusto Payroll

Easy to use compensation reporting system

My experience with CaptivateIQ has been primarily as a user needing to calculate compensation and ensure that I was paid correctly. Captivate has been great at effectively showing me what I need to see and I don't feel that we're missing out on anything.

Pros

It's overly simple and makes it very easy to pull up what I need to see about my compensation in order to ensure that I've been paid what was expected given my previous month sales.

Cons

While I don't have experience with many competitors, I don't have any real complaints about the software or places I'd like to see it improve.

Youssef from Intuitive-Tek

Easy to use. Information you need.

Pros

How simple it is to use and find the information you need

Cons

I feel like there could be some charts or graphs showing performance over pay periods or something like that.

Mathew from ProService Hawaii

An absolute must have for any sales team looking to streamline commission approvals.

This platform helps both the sales team and finance streamline the approval our commission statements. No longer do we have to use static spreadsheets and engage in time-consuming back and forth messaging if errors exist. The big benefit we've realized is in time savings and salespeople can now focus on selling instead of worrying about their commission payment.

Pros

I like that Captivate IQ breaks everything out in an easy to read format. I can quickly see the deals I closed, how my commission is calculated, and what I'll be receiving. When I spot errors, I can communicate them all within the application. No longer do I have to email finance, CC my sales leadership, and hope they get it fixed before I get paid out.

Cons

There's honestly nothing I can think of. The folks over at Commission IQ have done a really good job anticipating the needs of its customers. It's just so easy to use and gets the job done in 1/10 of the time.

Tim from InEight

I like it

Pros

Easy to gather information. Easy for our prospects to input information

Cons

too easy for prospects to put in inaccurate information

My company uses it

Tara from Braze

Great way to view your compensation!

Pros

CaptivateIQ is easy to use and a great way to view your compensation, commission, accelerators. Though I did get a written comp plan from my management team and understood it, CapitvateIQ added more insight by providing a visual of the comp plan. It helped me understand where I stood for the month/quarter prior and assess the work that I did so I could prepare for the next month/quarter. It was a good reminder and motivator of what I needed to do to increase my payouts.

Cons

The scrolling of the payouts can be a little tedious as the row headers do not stay in place. It's hard to read when I get to the end of the scrolling to the right and need to refer back to the row header to see what payout was linked to which account. Really though, I could just download the statement and view it that way vs scrolling on desktop or mobile.

Matt from Roofr Inc

CaptivateIQ is a time-saver

So far the experience has been great, their team is fantastic, they have great support and tech staff and the platform itself is aesthetically pleasing and easy to use.

Pros

I really enjoy being able to login to my CaptivateIQ account and see where my commissions are for the month and which products I need to sell more of in order to

Cons

I dislike that it only updates every 24 hours rather than in real-time. It would be nice to see commissions grow on an hourly basis. Not a huge issue or a deal-breaker. I still love it!

Ben from Lime Energy

Industry: Facilities Services

CaptivateIQ makes life easier!

Very positive overall.

Pros

The feature that I like most about CaptivateIQ is that I can track my sales commissions across multiple programs in real time and correct any discrepancies prior to payout.

Cons

The only aspect I dislike about using CaptivateIQ is how they name projects. Honestly, it’s probably just a setting thing...

Glad we are moving on from Google Sheets....

No problems so far. But the entire commission process is 10x easier and navigate. We were using Google Sheets to track monthly and quarterly compensation - it was a nightmare. If we didn't complete the review in time, it would delay our payout and that was no fun! As an ADR, it's important to track your opportunities in different stages: closed-won, closed-lost, discovery, attempting, evaluating and negotiation. CaptivateIQ has allowed me to visually see what I have done month to month and what I want to be tracking towards -- more closed-won opportunities!

Pros

CaptivateIQ stores all my commission documents in one place. I can quickly scan through my Payout Summary for each month without flipping through different sheets. It also is easy to see if any adjustments are made. Wonderful service! It also helps save our Finance team so much time! I love that we have made their jobs easier :)

Cons

UI/UX can be improved. Very simple, bare-boned site. I would like to see more graphics and the ability to add more to my user profile. The color scheme is also a bit dull - consider oranges or reds! It also was troubling trying to log-in at first. I had to input my work email and then click forgot password. Long and annoying process. Making that an easier experience would have been nice!

Great software to track sales compensation

No more confusion about my sales comp.

Pros

CaptivateIQ is easy to use. The UI is simple and functions in the way in which you want it to. Very easy to find the information I need to track my sales compensation.

Cons

For some reason, all sales from the quarter are listed in one month's view. It would be helpful if this information was separated into different columns.

Great product and a must have for sales organizations!

Pros

As an individual contributor, mush of my salary comes from commissions. Prior to implementing Captivate IQ, our company sent out an individual statement of total commissions to payout. Naturally, this made it challenging to know if there were any errors in my pay out. With Captivate IQ, we can now see each individual deal that contributes to my commission and how it is calculated. Instead of taking 30 to 60 minutes to review my payout every few months, I can do this review in 2 minutes and quickly notify my leaders if and where there are issues.

Cons

It would be nice if there were better email notifications for connecting with our rev opps team. Very easy to submit issues in Captivate IQ and review them in the software, but would be nice if I could see responses directly in my inbox.

Vlado from Lever

Intuitive, Engaging and Informative!

Pros

I really like the feel of this software when I am using. It is informative in a sense that it provides sufficient details to the information that I am looking for, and it allows me to stay engaged with it by providing easy access to all of the inquiries that I have submitted to the support team. Nice little touches such as confetti when navigating to specific data makes this tool stand out.

Cons

There isn't anything that comes to mind.

Carter from Yello

Commission tracking centralized

Pros

Enables our sales reps and sales ops teams to track, distribute, and communicate on all items related to our commission pay outs. Makes it easy to utilize as a system of record - and download into spreadsheets if needed.

Cons

Not much. It would be nice if it had the ability to further implement with our CRM (SF) where the payouts are hyperlinked to the system. That said the existing integrations are helpful as is

Brian from Qumulo

CaptivateIQ

I really love it...10x the tools I have used in the past.

Pros

It is so easy to use and find things. The main page that has your Summary is great. I really like Opportunity Crediting + Pay. I use that a lot.

Cons

I think that the Quota Attainment graph is just way to big.

Zach from Conceptual MindWorks Inc

Amazing Product!!!

Great experience with no issues

Pros

What I love most about this product i that it is streamlined very nicely to easily see commissions as well as future commissions. Sometimes commisssion installments can be difficult to interpret but not with this product.

Cons

I would like if you could click on "name" and be able to sort the accounts being paid commission on alphabetically!! But you have to download to excel first

Love it

Love it, would recommend 10/10 better than other commission statement softwares I've used in the past

Pros

I love the ease of use, the look and feel of the UI, how easy it is to understand my commission check and statement, as well as it shows what your quota is for the quarter.

Cons

Nothing really - if I am being nit picky I wish I could download my comp plan from CaptivateIQ as opposed to Docusign, but it's not that big of a deal.

Ashley from Mitek Systems

Great tool for commission viewing

Very easy distribution and maintenance of commission and bonus payments.

Pros

Really easy access to commission statements and recording of past statements.

Cons

N/A - as a receiver of commissions I do not have to do the work behind the scenes. When I receive an email/alert from CaptivateIQ I know it's bonus time!

Maia from Securly Inc

Super helpful

We have loved CaptivateIQ from the beginning. Great people as well!

Pros

We used to spend multiple days a month processing commission -- This product has helped save us save so much time!!

Cons

None! We have had no complains with the software or implementation process.

Easy and excellent for Sales Reps

Its been great, I've worked for other sales organizations that either didn't have a commision system or it was overly complicated. CaptivateIQ presents the data I need easily and straight forward.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive for sales reps, only the information we need is presented clearly and is easy to follow.

Cons

I really haven't found any cons at this point, we typically will get an email from our sales opps people letting us know when the quarter report is ready

CaptivateIQ has provided our ICs and org with peace of mind

When reps have questions on their comp, the first place we start with is CaptivateIQ.

Pros

Clear reports provide detailed information on every deal closed.

Cons

A few quarters back we transitioned from the beta to the GA and it's been a great experience since!

Tim from Gusto

CaptivateIQ - bringing insight and ease to underserved space

It has been great - an awesome addition to our sales org!

Pros

I love the visibility it gives sales reps into deals. It also shows how deals are changing during onboarding and is customizable.

Cons

Some things could be a bit more clearly labeled.

Ben from GitLab

Simple & Clarity

Happy User as I am able to use this tool to track my commission easily.

Pros

Can simply see where I can earn my commissions from with clarity.

Cons

Unable to filter / sort fields view statements but can download as spreadsheet to sort/filter offline.

Captivated by CaptivateIQ

Great customer service if you ever have questions or concerns

Pros

This is a great tool that is incredibly easy to use. I love understand when and how I am getting paid out

Cons

I think the statements could be a bit easier to read and get to