• Pros

• "I really enjoy the communities feature on the platform and the fact that it is customizable to the needs of the client. We opt for a lot of mentorship and this platform makes that easy."

• "The support staff was very helpful in the setup and in addressing any issues that we had. The overall building of the "base" was fairly easy. "

• "- The bulk e-mail feature - Ease of changing banner pictures - Display settings - Limited tabs on the front page - Easy to upload pages - Easy to incorporate Alumni stories"

• Cons

• "- Some bugs with the software when doing more advanced features. However, they fixed them very quickly. "

• "There isn't much to dislike about the feature. Sometimes I can forget how to do things, but that's more of a personal issue"

• "There are no cons in particular. Their support is also good and timely. Hopefully they keep continuing the excellent service. "

Browse Almabase Reviews

Tyson from Johnson University

Great features, easy to use, fair price

The alumni community platform provided by Almabase is helping us connect with alumni who have fallen off our radar. The system facilitates the communication of alumni with one another and encourages alumni to invite their classmates to join the system. Our alumni are able to update their information on the community profile page and then Almabase integrates with our CRM (Raiser's Edge NXT) to update our local alumni records. It has been a wonderful partnership so far and I look forward to seeing where the next several years leads us as we continue to develop this partnership.

Pros

Almabase is a very intuitive platform for alumni community management. The system is easy to use no matter whether you are an end-user or a platform administrator. Creating content pages, events, campaigns, and job postings is a snap as the system leads you through providing the details you need to complete each task. As a former webmaster, I appreciate the ability to go into the code view for content pages so that I can manipulate pages to display according to my personal preferences.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Being pickey, I can say that the back-end of the platform does not always work the way I would want it to work. However, that is based on my own personal preferences for how I use the system and is not based on how the system was designed to function. For example, If I upload a spreadsheet of names and email addresses so that I can send out email communication to a group of constituents, the system will sometimes overwrite the name I associated with an uploaded email address because someone else (usually a spouse) has used that email address as their email address of record for their alumni community profile. So, Almabase will default to the name associated with the community profile instead of enforcing the name I uploaded with the spreadsheet. So...if I wanted to use the Almabase communication center feature to send a birthday greeting to Jane Doe...I would need to make sure that her spouse, John Doe, is not already using the email address I have on file for Jane as his community profile email address. If that does happen, Almabase will insert "John" into the dynamic first name field of my message instead of using "Jane" that I had associated with the email address in my spreadsheet. This platform-based setting to enforce the first name associated with an email address is my only issue but it is minor when compared with the robust features we enjoy.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Almabase was a more cost-effective solution and it integrated easily with our CRM. The baseline features offered by Almabase were more robust than those offered by their competitors and they were offered at a price that was more tenable for our budget.

Reasons for Switching to Almabase

NetCommunity was cost prohibitive and did not offer the robust features that come as a standard part of the Almabase platform.

Charlotte from UT Health San Antonio

Almabase Alumni Software has transformed the way we interact with alumni

Overall just love it, we looked at other companies including Graduway, Almaconnect, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Mentor City, Alumni Channel, 360 Alumni and just so much more but we found Almabase to be the best option for the price, service, and functionality. As a small size school, we wanted an alumni network but knew that it wasn't going to have 10,000 alumni so they were able to work with us to find a pricepoint that was right for us.

Pros

I love this software because it has many great features such as a giving platform which lets you organize campaigns for donations, an alumni map so you can see how big your alumni community has grown, the alumni database/directory which is so helpful for me to write notes/keep track of job placement/address information---it also syncs with Linkedin so when alumni get new jobs i don't have to manually add it. The customer service team is so helpful, they are available by email, chat, or phone and answer my questions almost immediately or within the day. There's also a job board for us to add jobs or alumni can add it too. There's also an email system so that's helpful. They even built me a student directory so students can have a profile too which we can transition into alumni accounts.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. We've been really happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Just overall ability to customize the platform to what we want, like brand colors, look/feel so it was in line with the university.

Cortney from National Pine Forge Academy Alumni Association

Necessary tool for our small alumni association; especially during COVID-19 era.

Pros

Almabase has been a necessary addition to our alumni association as we seek increased engagement, especially during the COVID-19 era. The ability to bring alumni together on a platform has been ideal and allows for an "exclusive" benefit for our membership. The team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been a great help customizing the site to our needs. Our team is small and volunteer, and as someone who is tech-challenged, I was still able to "create" the site with their continued help. The giving pages, recurring donation option, event management and map are some of my favorite features that add tremendous value. Overall we look forward to using this platform as our one-stop-shop for alum and supporters of our Academy.

Cons

-The salesforece integration is not an integration at all. It only communicates basic details, like name and contact info. This was not communicated clearly during our initial conversation regarding our needs. However, the team is in the process of expanding that integration. I'll give a follow-up review once that's completed. - The mobile view is less than desirable, and an app would make this platform so much more valuable as most members are on their phones more than computers—especially when visiting the campus for events. - An e-membership card with a barcode and individual ID, that can be used in a mobile wallet would be a great addition, especially when checking in for events, purchasing items, etc. - Admin rights can be built out a bit more. - Overall the pro's outweigh the cons but will give a follow up review as we are only 5 days into the launch.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

The customer of the sales team was much better.

Virginia from Montverde Academy

Used to set up an alumni database for our existing and lost alumni

It was a useful tool in having all of your alumni information in one area and offered options that we ended up not using.

Pros

Cons

It didn't stand out enough as unique or needed to continue the yearly contract. We ended up using our new web platform to incorporate a signup form and keep alumni up to date.

Theodore from University of Maryland School of Public Policy

This product makes my job easy!

Overall, I enjoy this platform. It allows us the opportunity to engage alumni inside of the area and in states and regions outside of the DC Metro area. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a guru when it comes to customer service and he makes everyone's day a bit easier when he's involved.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Price was a key feature and the demo that Almabase provided was excellent.

Kyle from The Dunham School

Almabase provides excellent value for our alumni

Almabase is at the center of our alumni strategy. The goal is to provide alumni with a high-quality, tangible benefit to grow their affinity for our school and inspire volunteering, fundraising and more. The Almabase team is great to work with — not only addressing questions and issues quickly, but being a partner in devising our strategies.

Pros

Product itself is super easy to use and the customer service is top-notch. Map feature is impressive and we have received great feedback from our alumni since launching recently. Almabase allows us to provide our alumni with a high-quality experience — keep them in touch, but also giving them networking/career opportunities they desire. The email functionality inside Almabase is so much better than other products like Constant Contact. We can easily segment and send communications by graduating class, location and more. The Engagement Snapshot is also a very useful tool — we can easily see how engaged our alumni are.

Cons

No complaints so far! We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Almabase team so far.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

We had a much better experience with Almabase during our demo/trial period. The top-notch customer service really stood out! Also, Almabase has a more complete product — complete Raiser's Edge connectivity, interactive alumni map, full email capabilities, Engagement Snapshot, group functionality and more.

Tracy from Ranney School

Great for Re-Engaging Alumni

Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pros

This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Cons

The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Pricing was better, customer service team was much more responsive to our questions and concerns, platform was much easier to navigate.

Thomas from Christian Brothers Academy

Industry: Fund-Raising

Fantastic Experience working with Almabase!

Pros

The functionality and user interface really brought Almabase to our attention. Since joining them we've been able to expand our annual appeals, alumni engagement, expand our parent auxiliary groups, but most importantly it has streamlined our communications and given us the ability to continue providing value to our alumni.

Cons

There are many incredible features included in the Almabase software, but one thing that could be improved is the customization of the community admin rights. Having a large class rep program at the school it is vital that our reps can communicate effectively with their classmates. Right now giving someone community admin rights gives them full rights to the communication center. It would be great to be able to limit this to just the person's class and a specific list of email templates. This would help both the site admin and the community admin.

Steve from Providence Day School

Almabase is a powerful platform that helps elevate your alumni relations program!

We were in need of an online directory and Almabase has provided that and so much more. The current rollout of our alumni business directory is something that will add even more value for our alumni base. Also, the ability for our group contact lists to be updated in real time has been so important when communicating to our segmented alumni groups and not needing to create new contact lists.

Pros

From the very beginning, Almabase and their team have been very supportive and focused on the success of our alumni program. The setup and rollout was quick and seamless and the various tweaks and adjustments that we have requested over the years have been met with openness and a "can do" attitude. The Almabase platform has made my job so much easier whether it's managing events or sending out segmented communications to a wide range of alumni groups. Keep up the great work Almabase!

Cons

Very little to complain about. Customization of the actual platform is somewhat limited but when I have reached out and requested certain changes, the Almabase team has been very accommodating and met my requests.

Matthew from Thomas Aquinas College

Giving Day Solution Helped us Reach Highest Levels of Giving

Pros

Almabase is very intuitive to learn and easy to use. We recently tried the giving day solution for our alumni outreach. We achieved our highest level of alumni engagement and giving ever. However, the best part of Almabase is the loyal Customer Success team. Their support was above and beyond industry best practices, and they truly felt like part of our team in achieving institutional success.

Cons

While the solutions are very easy to use and set up, they offer limited range of custimization. Though, this is not without merit, because these solutions have been set up for success backed by data. Also, their limited customization options were not unlike those found at other providers.

M from charitable foundation committed

Easy to use networking tool for those with little to no programming experience

Pros

- The platform was up and running quickly. - The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software. - They often roll out new features and upgrades. - It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content. - The software is affordable. - Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.

Cons

- Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly. - Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences. - I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's alumni organization, but if it's anything else, it may not be the best suited. Our situation is unique in that we are not a school looking to connect with our alumni, but rather a foundation connecting with past and current grantees. Some features cannot be customized to reflect that, including the wording on some pages or email templates that one would think would be easy to change. I was reassured at the beginning through the answers to my questions and testing out another organization's beta site that our needs would be met. However, it was only after our site was fully up and running that I got a chance to fully explore and see where additional customizations would be required. Overall, the web platform meets our basic needs, but if there was a greater ability to customize it, even a little bit, it would take it to the next level. If you're not coming from an academic institution, I would highly recommend asking a wide variety of questions to ensure it will meet all your needs.

Jessica from Nicholls State University Alumni Federation

The Almabase platform and its team are amazing!

Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.

Pros

With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge. The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides the possibility to involve our students for an alumni mentorship program that has been heavily requested by our alumni. The best part though, is that their customer service is exceptional and unparalleled! It is truly a pleasure to be able to work with such an amazing team of professionals. I know that it is extremely rare to find a software that is pretty much perfect, but we really have not found anything about the software or the customer service that we do not like. The handful of items that we could not do, or did not work quite the way that our team would have liked were solved by the Almabase team, usually within a few days of mentioning it to them. We have no reason to rate them any lower than 5-star across the board. I would recommend Almabase to any organization that is looking for this type of alumni platform.

Response from Almabase

Replied July 2017

Thanks a lot, Jessica.

Lauren from The College of Idaho

Outstanding! Most responsive customer service and support for any product we've ever used!

Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.

Pros

I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.

Cons

If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.

Aaron from Thomas Aquinas College

Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!

Pros

When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more! Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Cons

There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

Kyle from Jesuit High School

Almabase Really Helped Our Alumni Association

Could not be happier. TO the overall look and ease of the site to the care that the staff offers... there is no better fit for us.

Pros

Almabase is extremely user friendly and easy to manage from a backend perspective. A lot of the site is customizable and the customer support team is always there to work with you through any issues you have. It is also extremely easy to integrate to our database at the school, which was super valuable.

Cons

There's honestly and truly nothin that I dislike. The team at Almabase is always on working on new ways to improve their site, and will even take suggestions when you'd like to see something happen.

Overall look, price

Michael from The Master's Seminary

Well thought through platform to enhance alumni relations

_Ongoing support_ Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They are friendly, professional, and always strive to communicate clearly, even with feature requests that are not part of the platform. One benefit that showed how willing our Almabase support team goes above and beyond as a partner is how they initiated a regular quarterly review of the platform and features after we launched. They demonstrated how ongoing support is part of the fabric of their company. _Features_ The main reason behind choosing Almabase as an alumni relations partner was how they come alongside our efforts to keep our alumni information current. Our alumni benefit because they can easily stay updated on what’s happening with their alma mater and effortlessly network with one another. Our current students benefit because they can begin networking for future placement opportunities. Our staff benefit because this active directory, updated by each alumnus, enhances all our communications about news, events, placement efforts, and services.

Pros

- End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features - Sign-on experience is elegant and simple - Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong) - Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate - Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts - Career Center - easy to use and maintain

Cons

- Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user

Bob from Don Bosco Prep

Easy to use platform both school Admins and alum users

Our overall experience with AlmaBase is very favorable and positive. They have been a welcomed addition and partner to our school.

Pros

As a member of the Advancement team capturing correct data is critical and it is something I feel the site does really well. It then transitions pretty seamlessly into our primary database. A special word of thanks to our Almabase Service rep Krishna Kant. He is terrific and so easy to work with. He makes himself available frequently, and if for some reason is unavailable, always lines up additional support staff for us.

Cons

Not many complaints at all. The prebuilt fields may not be appropriate but I feel they are easily amended. I feel the product is easy to work with and when adjustments to filters need to be made it is easily managed and executed.

December 2014

Vamsee from NIT W

December 2014

A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater

IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon. The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date. This is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point software which does what it says - "Alumni Management". There are no other strings attached. With the graph search(remember the facebook searches which go like "Who are my friends studying in California and are single?") and the various filtering criteria available, looking up for someone from my college is just a breeze. Also, masking of personal email ids put my fears of spamming to rest. The newsletter I receive from my college admins every month through this portal, brings a wide smile across my face along with a flurry of memories. Well, the depth to which this software goes in finding the alumni is also pretty excellent. I was amazed to find alumni from even the early 1960s. Also, at my post grad, I got an opportunity to be part of the audience where AlmaBase was pitching. Boy was I surprised !! They implemented Machine Learning which took some seed data of alumni and used that to pull the details of other Alumni from Social Network spaces. Also, the ease with which the alumni site can be customized is very good. Supported by a strong back end, the majority of look and feel is made up of pluggable components. It's totally up to you to decide how your alumni site would look like. In short, having a strong alumni base is a low hanging fruit ignored by most colleges and this software solves the problem spot on. I do not see any major shortcomings, except that I wonder how'd they support the product with the size of the team they presently have. P.S: The total time they usually take to get the site up and running is around 7 days which is pretty cool !! :D

Sherin from BITSAA International

Great Team, Great Service!

Pros

The platform is easy to use and customizable for our needs. We use the platform extensively for creating events, fundraising pages, creating alumni directory and posting news and updates for alumni. Almabase team provides great service and is always available to answer our queries and helps us navigate through the best options for solving our requirements.

Cons

We have most of the features we look for in an alumni engagement platform. A mobile app would have been a nice addition so members have easy access on their phones.

Jonathon from Merchant Taylors' Schools

Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use.

Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data. The site itself has a very clean and modern looking front end, and is very customisable to suit our growing and changing needs. The team at Almabase were extremely helpful, and always available for calls and support. There was a clear path and development strategy provided from the team and they explored all the features we wanted to use so that the software was tailored exactly to our needs. The software is a delight to use, with new updates and features regularly added and is incredibly cost-efficient. It also interacts with most commercially used CRMs should you require a more heavy duty database. I would recommend anyone in this field explores it as a front end to enhance their relationships with users.

Cons

There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

Calvin from Alumni Association, School of Medicine of Loma Linda University

Best value for money alumni platform out there!

This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money. Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pros

-It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service. -Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments. -The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost. -The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

-Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on. -Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

Reid from Charlotte Christian School

ONE STOP SHOP!!!

Pros

The ability to house almost our entire alumni program on one platform has been the most impactful part of using this software. Prior to subscribing to the Almabase services, we had spreadsheets and documents across numerous sites. Now, we have our directory, events, and communication centralized in one place. This has been a game-changer for our program.

Cons

The great thing about any issues we have had is that they are resolved almost immediately. The customer service has been exceptional and the Almabase staff takes the time to reach out to provide best practices and other ideas that similar schools are implementing throughout the year. We appreciate our ongoing relationship with Almabase to positively impact and bring together our alumni.

Matthew from Subiaco Academy

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Amazing Product & Company!

Easy. The people that I have spoken with at Almabase are easy to talk to and very understanding.

Pros

Almabase has made a very simple and great looking product. The company will go out of their way to help me understand what it is that I need to know to set up a page, event page, or a fundraising campaign. When I contact Almabase, I usually receive a response within an hour of reaching out to them. They even sent a representative to our school to demonstrate to our alumni how easy it is to use their product.

Cons

There really is nothing I can say negative about the product or the company.

Kate from Non-Profit Organization Management

Almabase Support is Key

Almabase's team, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular, have been great to work with!

Pros

The support team was my favorite part of Almabase. Whenever I had a question, whether conceptual or technical, their team would reply quickly, send support resources, and were very willing to set up time to meet virtually, to review processes. It made me feel less alone in the administration process.

Cons

My least favorite part of the software was more that it was not the right fit ultimately for my organization's alumni needs. It seems like it would be a good solution for those with a more traditional alumni base (i.e. those looking for a place for alumni to post content and fundraise).

Gordon from Upper St. Clair School District

Great Team, Product, and Company

Overall, Almabase has been a great partner as we begin our endeavor in Alumni Relations. Because of Almabase we have been very successful in our first 8 months. They are constantly giving us strategies to improve and offering assistance. We just had an in-person visit from them that will help us immensely as we enter the second phase of our program. I truly feel they have a personal interest in your success.

Pros

At first, I was not fully bought into this company and software. However, after the first month, I realize that they truly care about your success. My main pros are: - Ease of setup - Creative solutions to problems - Partner with you to create a plan for your success - Great price - Always improving - Great communication center - Fast response

Joby from Christ University

Amazing tool to build the alumni engagement & enable us to keep the network with alumni

Pros

Feel great that we now have the capability to offer a platform for alumni networking. Alumni are able to stay connected after graduation and help other members in the community by sharing wide range of opportunities (career/internship...). This has been the one of the best investment to keep our alumni and students connected.

Andre from Christ For the Nations

A very good experience

I am very satisfied with Almabase.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the platform is very friendly. The costumer support is very good and fast. They really work together with you. What deliver and provide what they set out to do. If you don't have time, experience, team to work with it is a very good start point in order to connect and engage your alumni network.

Cons

There is no much. One of the things is that the platform is very good but the design is limited in somehow. You cannot change the design and specially, the structure, of the homepage. The changes available right now is the colors, fonts and the header/footer. When they are able to let you free to create your own structure and design of the page, it will be amazing!!

Joe from Calvert Hall College High School

Outstanding alumni database and giving day products

Great customer service. Took a real interest in our needs. A rep visited with us for several days to see our operations in action and gain a better understanding of our needs.

Pros

The Almabase team provides outstanding customer services. Alumni database features are similar to products provided by other vendors, but we particularly like Almabase's communication/email features. Almabase created a day of giving website for us that amplified the results of our day of giving. Over 1000 donors gave close to $250,000 in a 24 hour period. The site handled the giving volume without delay or error and provided instantaneous updates.

Cons

No major concerns, some features we would like to see enhanced - for example, adding the capability to have notices scroll automatically on the site.

Krystal from Saint Viator High School

Almabase's Customer Service is Great!

With Almabase, we are connecting alumni with each other, with mentors to better their careers, and with jobs/internships with mutual communities.

Pros

Our users want to update their information easily - having the software integrated with our Raiser's Edge database is such a bonus! It allows us to easily and smoothly make updates to our records. The account manager responds to my emails quickly with video tutorials.

Cons

Some features that could be improved are the ability to track unique code links and the "By Resources" page to sort and filter out listings to just show a single letter selected.

Jeanine from Scranton Preparatory School

Best choice our school could have made!

Just amazing. Seriously. I have shared our experience with several other fundraisers including another Jesuit high school, a diocesan school in another region and the local university. I know the university followed our campaign and was so impressed they scheduled a meeting with Almabase.

Pros

The Almbase team made our Giving Day a huge success! We had never tried something on this scale before and many were hesitant that we would see a big return. Thanks to rep and the entire team our Giving day increased by 498%, raising over $76,000 (our goal was $30k and previous attempts had only raised, at most, $12k) and more than doubling the amount of donors. They created a customized marketing guide for us so we knew step-by-step what we needed to do and when. Every question and phone call was answered quickly and efficiently. And believe me, we asked SO many questions. It was our first time doing anything on this scale and we had no idea where to start. Thankfully Almabase was part of it all and, with patience and knowledge, guided us through, not just the day but the entire month leading up to and the week after for reconciling the account.

Cons

We didn't encounter any issues except with the ticker clock before hand. Somehow it switched to Pacific time about 3 hours before the campaign began. I called rep at 9:30pm that night (we were scheduled to go live at midnight) and she had it fixed within 15 minutes. From there on it was smooth sailing.

Everything "Alumni" in One Place

My overall experience with Almabase has been excellent. They truly want us to be satisfied with their product and are open to suggestions and ideas that we may offer to add or improve something. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Pros

We are very pleased with our new alumni network through Almabase. What I like most is that the platform has everything we need in one place, including the ability to manage our alumni database, send out targeted emails and monthly newsletters, incorporate social media feeds, help fundraise (recently had a 24-hr giving day where we raised over $150,000), plan and promote alumni reunions and events, post school and alumni news stories, allow alums to network for jobs, business opportunities and internships, and much more. We’ve only just begun and are so excited with this new platform!

Cons

I would like to be able to better control colors and styles throughout the site so that we can be consistent and maintain our brand standards and guidelines. That said, Almabase is working with us to ensure we are satisfied.

Caprielle from The Stony Brook School

More Alumni Engagement Opportunities & Helpful Customer Service

The platform has been helpful in connecting with alumni, and the customer service team is helpful and responsive.

Pros

Features like a directory with a search by map feature, event registration and giving forms with clean design. We can add pages and create content easily. With Facebook/LinkedIn signups, integration with Raiser's Edge, and alumni able to update contact information on their profile, collecting contact data is more efficient. The team at Almabase is responsive with our questions, and helpful in making sure we are making the most of the product.

Cons

We would like the pages on Almabase to be more customizable and a news feed would be a great addition.

Joanna from Taylor's University

A great alumni management tool with an amazing support team

Pros

I love that this software is able to integrate with LinkedIn and Facebook to automatically capture alumni updates. Also that mailing lists are dynamic and change accordingly when an update is made to the profiles. It automates so many things and that takes the hassle out of the administration of the alumni office so that we can focus on actually engaging with alumni. The event management module is especially helpful in managing RSVPs. The support team has also been very gracious and patient with a non-technical person such as myself and taken the trouble to explain each function thoroughly. They are always ready to help.

Cons

For a more technically proficient user, it may be good if more of the customization such as changing fields and even uploading new batches of alumni data could be left to the institution themselves to handle. But for those who may not be technical, the fact that the support team handles this can be a great relief, as it is to me.

Ashley from Olivet College

Great product!

Great experience! If i could rate over five for customer service i would!!

Pros

Working with Almabase has been a great experience for us so far. They are very responsive when it comes to any questions that we have, whether it is via phone call or email. Right now I have monthly phone calls scheduled with our immediate rep and he is continuously working to help make things better for us.

Cons

There isn't anything that we have found to dislike!

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Price and product! Can't beat it!

Alexandra from Wyoming School Foundation

Outstanding!

Our team evaluated several networking platforms before trying Almabase. Since our initial inquiry with Almabase about their product, we have been nothing but pleased. The customer service has been outstanding throughout all stages of our project, from helping us understand the platform, it's functions and benefits, setting up a pilot site for us to actually use and test the model, and throughout the implementation process. All was done extremely efficiently, and ahead of our projected time frame. All of our questions have been answered clearly and quickly. The changes we've requested to our site to personalize it to our needs (we are a high school--not a college) have also been addressed in the same manner. Since we are still learning about and understanding the product ourselves, we regularly reach out to our Almabase support contact who never fails to help immediately. We are thrilled with our decision to use Almabase!

Pros

Customer service, ease of use.

Cons

The price, though reasonable, may be a stumbling block to smaller organizations, like ours. We are hoping the success of the product will help support our funding request.

Response from Almabase

Replied October 2016

Thank you so much!

Aslynn from The Linsly School

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Small school that uses Senior Systems

Like I said above, we are saving a lot of time filtering out groups and specific people for mailings and emails. The communication has improved greatly and we are excited to bring more alumni to the platform so that they can start benefiting from Almabase.

Pros

The ability to communicate and filter specific groups or people is literally as easy as a few clicks of a button. The amount of time we are saving by using Almabase to reach out to our alumni is immeasurable. We are still new to Almabase and are learning new things all of the time. As we learn more, we are more impressed and excited about our decision to use Almabase.

Cons

This software does not "talk to" Senior Systems, so it does make it difficult when information is updated on one platform. However, Almabase made a point to visit our school to see how we use Senior Systems and is going to try to find a way to communicate with it. They may not succeed, but they care enough to try.

Great platform for NASA internship alumni

Pros

Almabase has provided us with a great platform for hosting our NASA internship alumni network and database. Our students like that they can update their own profiles, communicate with their class, and network with alumni in different classes. We like that we can conveniently communicate with all of our alumni and keep track of their accomplishments. Also, Almabase staff responds really quickly to any questions or issues that have come up.

Cons

We don't really have any complaints so far!

Joanna from Gann Academy

Almabase provides an amazing product that has helped our school increase our alumni engagement.

Pros

Almabase has a plethora of features that help our school interact with our alumni in different and meaningful ways. We are able to host events, share news, and fund raise all in one location. Almabase is a true investment in our alumni and they really appreciate the efforts we are making beyond the years they spend on our campus.

Cons

A challenge for us is getting alumni to join the platform. We are constantly looking for ways to get alumni to visit the site and see what benefits they can receive.

Justin from The Linsly School

Great Product & Even Better Service

Our goal was to communicate with our alumni in new and more efficient ways, and we wanted to be able to see and track engagement. Almabase has made that possible and their team has answered every question we had in a timely manner. The people at Almabase have been very supportive and helpful.

Pros

Almabase has an outstanding communication center and data studio that allows the right people to see and get the information they need to communicate with alumni.

Cons

The website is not as flexible as it could be and we wish it had a few more options to show pictures.

Lisa from St. Vincent de Paul High School

Great Product!

The overall experience has been great! We love the product and the Almabase team has been there every step of the way to help us get the most from the product. I would definitely recommend this software to other schools.

Pros

The Almabase platform is fairly easy to use for a non-technical person. It is a great way to quickly be able to connect with your alumni base. The team at Almabase is fantastic. Their customer service is second to none!

Cons

We just recently found that we could not set up a pledge form where users could set up reoccurring gifts, however, I am sure it is only a matter of time before the team adds this functionality to the product.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

Price and Customer Service.

It's been an excellent tool for day to day to Alumni management services.

Pros

It's very user friendly and helps keep up to date Alumni contacts, who are notified of the latest events and updates on Campus and help interact with other alumni and students.

Cons

They have been very quick to answer any queries. Their customer support is excellent! No cons that I can think of. I have been using it every day and its very rare we come across a glitch which anyways is taken care of immediately.

Michelle from Georgetown University School of Medicine GEMS Program

Working with Almabase has been great! We've connected with alumni from all across the country!

Pros

Almabase software is extremely user friendly and very nicely organized. The platform allows us to connect with Alumni through emails and keep them up to date on current events and activities happening on campus! With the help of Almabase we were able to sell and distribute tickets for our 40th Anniversary Gala which was amazing! There was such a great turn out. Technical support for this software has been exceptional. If we were had any questions or concerns we would received immediate support from Naveen, one of the Almabase representatives. He would explain everything very clearly, and made us aware of new features of the platform. Overall, customer service is truly amazing!

Response from Almabase

Replied September 2017

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle.

Joanne from The Albany Academies

Excellent Customer Service-User Friendly Platform

The Almabase platform is a far more robust and interactive giving landing page than we could have ever created in-house. We have hosted two giving days on the platform so far and both surpassed our fundraising goals.

Pros

The Almabase team provides excellent Customer Support. The platform is pretty user friendly, and the team is there every step of the way to answer questions and solve problems. It also integrates with Blackbaud Raiser's edge, which makes uploading our transactions into the system very easy.

Cons

My marketing specialist wishes the visuals were more customizable. For instance, there is a black screen over the banner image at the top of the page that cannot be removed, and we would like to rearrange some elements in the templates. These issues are not a deal-breaker.

Danielle from The College of Idaho

Great Product, Great Service

We use Almabase as our primary means to communicate with our alumni. We also pitch it to our alumni as a way for them to find one another and engage on their own. Every week through Almabase we send 1-4 emails to various alumni and have at least one event registration active. These areas are the ones we use the most, and Almabase has been great.

Pros

Almabase is user-friendly, easy to learn, and the customer success team is always quick to help us with troubleshooting or even adapting the platform based on our needs.

Cons

There are few parts of the event module that work fine but could be more convenient, but Almabase is already working on adjusting these. Honestly, any issue we have is quickly looked at and updated, and we so appreciate their willingness to adjust their platform when necessary!

Katy from Northwestern Health Sciences Univ

Integration and Installation of Almabase

We are able to connect our alums with each other along with updating our database at the same time. The customer service is the real highlight of this product along with their ability to listen to my comments and suggestions to make the tool more responsive to our needs. As they grow and mature this will also become a really awesome tool.

Pros

The search ability for alums across the world to connect with each other along with the ability for it to integrate with our Raisers Edge database.

Cons

There is nothing that we truly like least but there are sometimes limited options for customization.

Reasons for Choosing Almabase

This tool really seemed to be responsive to our needs and was more user friendly than a larger entity like Blackbaud.

Kerri from Webb Institute

Easy to learn platform with excellent customer service.

Much more user friendly experience then previous software. Easier to stay up-to-date on alumni information and to communicate with alumni. Also easier for alumni to communicate with Webb and with each other.

Pros

It's extremely helpful that this software links up to alumni social media accounts, providing you with the most up-to-date job information, headshots, and email addresses. It also allows you to track their engagement through eblasts, events, and social media. The map feature is extremely help for the Admissions Dept., Development Dept., current students, and alumni.

Response from Almabase

Replied December 2017

Hi Kerri, Thanks a lot for your feedback. It is a pleasure working with you and looking forward to a long partnership. Best, Almabase Team

Dani from University of Louisiana at Monroe

This is a great company with an amazing product.

Pros

The team that we get to work with. They are amazing. I have really enjoyed my experience with Almabase and would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

There are no negatives about this company. They work with us to achieve anything that we are looking to do through the platform.

Saige from Centenary College of Louisiana

Fantastic Customer Service

Our office consists of 9 total employees with one person (myself) handling all alumni and family relations programming. Almabase has allowed me to work more efficiently and engage more alumni and constituents while I do that. We particular love the event management, giving platform, and email tools.

Pros

Almabase is the perfect solution for our very small alumni and development shop. Their customer service is second to none. They reply so quickly to every inquiry and often adapt to meet the needs of their customers. They are truly focused to making their customers happy.

Cons

At this time there are not features that I would consider "cons"

Melissa from Yale Young Global Scholars

Interactive Platform Promotes Alumni Engagement

Pros

Almabase provides numerous ways to engage with program alumni, including email campaigns, interactive communities, donor campaigns, career opportunity boards, and more. These options allow us to create a tailored, meaningful experience for over 9,000 alumni from 165+ countries.

Cons

We would like to see an integrative app where students can directly chat with each other (similar to WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger).

Andrew from University of the Cumberlands

Almabase has helped make our giving days a real success

I've had a great experience with my Almabase Customer Success Manager. He has been really helpful and responsive when I've needed help, but I haven't needed much help with our first two give days because their fundraising pages have been easy and intuitive to set up and run.

Pros

The ability to set up fundraising pages for our give days in a quick and easy-to-use manner. The customer service has been very responsive and very easy to work with.

Cons

The way some of the image and text content was formatted on the pages. I had to play around to get some pictures and tables to look just right. Also, the limited options on some of the gift settings.