• Pros

• "Love the ease for the end user (or members) If the pages/platform are designed correctly by admin/staff they love this connection to their peers."

• "Very easy to use as an administrator and even more easy for our member base that is not always tech savvy."

• "This is a great concept for communities to gather and have discussions. There is plenty of space for ideas, growth and resources. "

• Cons

• "Some of the backend functions you have to learn where they are as they may not be where you host them or what you would call them. However, once you learn, it's easy."

• "Admin portal is hard to navigate, lots of options, but not easy to find where you need to go to find what you need. "

• "Our format looks a bit dated. I'm not sure if this was a choice on our end. Also, navigation can be a bit tricky from time to time."

Browse Higher Logic Reviews

Kimberly from National Society of Professional Engineers

HL Community Platform engages members and aids committee work

HL community allows our members to engage each other across the country - and across generations (we've actually had posts from members in their 80s and 90s - so you know the ease of use is there!) HL community also allows us better communications and project organization. (the competing product we use in this is Board BookIt.)

Pros

Ease of use for Open Forum communications is great We have used extensively in our governance and it really organized and standardized our committee work. Ability to integrate with Abila product Abiilty to aid our chapters

Cons

I wish the libraries were easier to use - like Windows Explorer (does that show I'm old and not yet used to Sharepoint?) Wish you could duplicate "events" in the calendar like committee meetings. Wish the libraries were like google docs/share point and could be worked on collaboratively.

Mhari from Rotary Internation

Rethinking our entire structure

I learned I have no unique questions! But the great news is that the community really comes together to share their experiences and answers. Every question I've had I found answers on HUG.

Pros

I love how easily configurable this platform is and how extensively I am able to customize our brand through customization. We chose to integrate directly using activity sync and I am excited to see how these two products are able to work in tandem to drive behaviors and engagement.

Cons

Lack of localization. As a global organization of 1.2 million members in over 180 countries, we support multiple languages (including English, Italian, Spanish, Korean, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish). No being able to provide the platform in multiple languages gates off members that we would otherwise like to engage.

Reasons for Choosing Higher Logic

Cost, ability to integrate with our current CRM, netForum.

Molly from Alliance of Community Health Plans

Higher Logic Community Management

I enjoy HUG quite a lot. I think it leads by example and is easy to use.

Pros

The Higher Logic platform allows for members to communicate with each other in a safe place, removing the middle man. My company, prior, had been tasked with being the middle man. Our members would contact us with queries, we would have to make the appropriate questions. HL helps to remove us as an extra step in THAT process, allowing us to focus on other matters.

Cons

There are times when I wish HL had some more plug/play style technology. The ability to drag and drop entries, personalize a homepage, etc. I have been in my current position for only 6 months so a lack of familiarity with the product is part of the issue; but is seems that some of these features arein the works as we speak (per the opening sessions).

Reasons for Choosing Higher Logic

I was not with the company when the decision was made.

Jessica from Fortinet

Growing Pains to the Max

Frustrating and time-consuming. It's already a lot of work to strategize, evangelize, build these programs from scratch, and recruit members; the last stress one needs is the hurdle of getting the platform to work the way it should and getting the resources one needs to fix issues.

Pros

The fact that it is a tool that can help me run an advocacy program.

Cons

There have been lots of bugs that I have caught and have had to escalate to the Higher Logic support team. I just keep finding them and I can't launch my program because of it. Bugs have also negatively impacted my customers' experience in the 2nd program I launched. Also, the support team is not one person who knows my platform, goals, and agenda when I need assistance/have a problem, but it's multiple people who get back to me within long periods of time, often not resolving the root cause, but just the symptom, meaning the problem will probably happen again... I have communicated my dissatisfaction, and more Higher Logic people are thrown at my concerns, which only adds more chefs over the pot, and no one takes direct responsibility to resolve it=takes longer to resolve the issues. I am sure Higher Logic's intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I can't depend on them to be there, to do things quickly, or even really fix the bugs I am finding; it has taken LOTS of time to get things resolved if we even do. My colleague had the same experience. To add: as a new user, the platform is not very straightforward to use, and I have to look for their materials, which are all over the place, or watch long videos to find the one thing I am looking for. The advocacy platform is very basic in look and feel, unless I hire someone for lots of $$ to help design it up.

Teshia from AHLA

Online Community Product

Pros

I have worked with three organization that used the Online Community platform and the major benefit in recent years is how HL supports the organization from start to finish and continues support ongoingly. My first organization did not have that level of support during launch, but HL recognized organizations needed that support and they responded to that need. Now I feel between the HL staff and HUG, you can really conquer any problem you encounter as an admin.

Cons

More recently we're experienced some problems with regard to the volunteer opportunities module and sending opportunities. I know changes are coming down the pike that may improve this activity.

Sarah from National Children's Alliance

Great product, but could use more guidance and project management during implementation

I have not utilized HUG as much as I should because on my team, I am the person who does importing of spreadsheets, and have not had enough time to engage with our members on the platform as much as i would like. But once I am able, I think I will definitely start to utilize HUG

Pros

I like how user-friendly the HL Community is, and all of the features that can be used.

Cons

The implementation process was very rocky, but I believe our project manager was new. I found that we had to do our internal project management and really had to ask the right questions to the HL representative to understand the process. We are a non-profit that is not very good with technology, but our PM operated with us as if we were. She was responsive when we told her we need further explanation or things didn't make sense. Also, does not work so well in any browser except for Google Chrome

Cassandra from California Special Districts Association

Online Communities Was A Win

Pros

Launching online communities through Higher Logic has been a great decision for our organization. It has allowed our members big and small to engage with their peers. It has been well received.

Cons

Our least favorite thing about Higher Logic is the customer support process. When we signed on it was a very personal experience. It has since become a bit sterile.

Reasons for Choosing Higher Logic

iMIS Communities was not as user friendly.

Bryan from Pretrial Justice Institute

The best out there

I've had an overall great experience with Higher Logic. The on-boarding process was great and very personalized. Recent customer support has been a bit rough, but the product is definitely the best out there.

Pros

I love the integrations with our AMS and LMS. Unlimited flexibility with design.

Cons

The library is a bit outdated, but apparently there are plans to improve it.

Toni from Pretrial Justice Institute

Higher Logic is Higher Than Most

Pros

I really enjoy all of the functionality. I like all of the options it allows me to utilize to engage our users. I find it to be intuitive to access and engage with. Our users find it accessible as well.

Cons

The support response time is longer than I would like.

Lindsey from WCET

Good product, great support, outstanding future

We needed something to replace our old listservs. We are so far so happy with Higher Logic. The system is so searchable, so our users can find and use the amazing content they have helped to create.

Pros

This software is excellent for accomplishing goals of engaging community members. I appreciate the ability to automate activities and engagements. I also love the report functionality. The New Admin Experience has really enhanced my ability to support our community. It's MUCH easier to find what I need.

Cons

I did find that there was quite a learning curve for the community site and the admin side.

Kendall from Qualifacts

Gets the right information to the right people at the right time.

It's been good since going live with our users. The implementation was shaky, but we got through it together with the Higher Logic team. Now that we're live, I can't imagine using our old system, or anything else. It does what we need to keep our customers engaged, connected and knowledgeable.

Pros

We've been live about a year and our staff and customers love the Qualifacts Community powered by Higher Logic. The system is head and shoulders above our previous system. We have created communities by user persona and state. It's our central documentation and resource site. Customers are engaged, and have started doing a lot of self-support.

Cons

The CMS is capable, but quirky. I still get confused trying to arrange content blocks and creating content. The email/automation rule process isn't well designed for sending one-off messages, or even recurring, but unscheduled messages like system status updats.

Excellent tool for member retention

Pros

We've been using Higher Logic's online community software for a few years now and have been very happy with our results so far. Our members took to the forum pretty quickly and we now have a fairly active community. We've also created additional forums for our monthly journal and have allowed members to create specialty groups as well. This increased engagement with our members has definitely helped out with our member retention.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve when you first start using the software, especially when setting up the automation. Their support is pretty good though so don't be afraid to reach out when you get confused.

Kelly from Missouri School Boards' Association

Online Community User

Overall, my experience has been good. Our sales rep has been very attentive to our needs and patient while we make our decision.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is feature rich and offers multiple modules that suit our association needs. So far, the customer service has been extremely good. Our website partner vetted other online communities for us and felt Higher Logic is the best solution for our membership. As I said, they are feature rich and the reporting is excellent.

Cons

The implantation time is longer than I expected. However, I understand the need to take time to get it implemented to suit our needs and so we don't have to redo the install again.

Easy platform to adapt to for staff and members

It has been a really great experience and the Higher Logic team is awesome!

Pros

I prefer this software because members need something that is convenient and enables them to talk to each other without the hassle. This gives them a place to talk, share documents, have private conversations, etc. As a community manager, I can maintain the back-end without interruption to their natural dialogue.

Cons

I customized the design because I needed it to be "pretty." I think if it were easier to make it a bit more natural to websites within the tool, that would be the only change I would make at the moment.

Amazing tool for member engagement

Pros

Our organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.

Cons

You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.

Best Support in the Software World

We came to Higher Logic 8 years ago and have been a loyal customer ever since. We have recently added the Informz product to our services for our members and the integration with our community site and AMS was seamless mostly due to Higher Logic's support team.

Pros

Set up and ease of use are amazing. Higher Logic Support stays with you from integration through your entire life cycle of the software. You never feel like you have been left on your own.

Cons

Need a few more levels on the admin side. there are community admins but they should have the ability to impersonate members in order to assist them.

DeAnna from American College of Emergency Physicians

Great Member Engagement

Our members and staff both love our new community. We went from a listserv type of system that didn't have great archive capabilities to Higher logic and now we have awesome archives, tagging and increased member engagement. The automation have also made staff's job a lot easier. It isn't quite set it and forget it but its close. We don't have to specifically go back and add members, this is just done through automations.

Pros

The ability to have a history of the topics members have discussed that is easily searchable and organizable with tags.

Cons

We had a few hic ups when we switched integrations to a new AMS system but we contacted our customer service manager and she worked it out and got things running again.

Higher Logic is a great tool for reaching out to our members

My overall experience with higher logic online community has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new "face-lift" that is coming for admins of the community.

Pros

I like the ease of being able to use the community as both an admin and user. It is very user-friendly and integrates well with our customer management software.

Cons

Although it integrates well with our CMS, I'll give this product 5 stars once the document features integrate.

Leslie from Oregon Society of CPAs

Higher Logic community is great for professional associations

It's been great. No major complaints -- just the note about upgrades not being obvious.

Pros

It is adult social media for professionals! Great place for members to share their expertise and ask questions privately, exclusive to an audience of colleagues who understand their issues and concerns.

Cons

The upgrades and how to take advantage of them isn't always obvious.

Everything we need in one place

We moved to Higher Logic to host our website as well as our online community for an education association. The transition to the new website and community was seamless from our members' perspective! They found using Higher Logic's community functionality to be very user friendly and we have a very active online community. Integrating the community tools into the CMS also gives us some great ways to highlight the community on our website.

Pros

The ability to integrate the CMS, email automation and online community.

Cons

Resource library tool has an outdated look and feel and has limited functionality.

More Learning

Overall, I learn more daily. i am still trying to get buy-in from my association, but I am fighting for HL because I believe it is capable of so much more.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to use the product. I love how information is easy to find.

Cons

I think training for community managers should be longer. After 2.5 years of being on the platform, I am just learning things I need to know. However, since being CM, there is so much I need to know and I wish i would have gotten all of this information prior to be becoming the CM.

Constantly Improving - So much more coming

After I attending conference, I will make sure to be more involved in the HUG communities. I realized that I am missing out on so much content.

Pros

I love the ability the system gives us to connect members, provide them with resources and actually reach all of the members using the system all at once.

Cons

It is difficult to make changes and its not very intuitive. I am excited for the changes being made to the admin section, I hope these updates make it easier to changes and access different features.

Would appreciate more features without add on costs.

LOVE HUG!!!! Great members who always help each other out.

Pros

Cons

admin interface...its clunky and somewhat confusing. The reports are hard to come out with a final combined report

Katie from American Academy of Neurology

My Higher Logic ExperienceI

we are engaging members who I think we otherwise would not have engage. so it's mostly all good!

Pros

I like the fact that HL takes care of all the set up/details/ tech and we have a product that we can customize to match our look and feel

Cons

some limitations in the implementation/set up that we worked around.

Michelle from Retail

Lots of features and great support

Pros

There are a lot of great features available with the online community depending on what package you have. You are able to use it for forum style discussions as well as share and save documents. Communities can be private or public to all members of an association.

Cons

The library is not totally intuitive and can be a little tricky to rearrange and organize, however this is minor compared to the benefits HL offers.

Peter from AIUM

Great first impression

We wanted to give more power to our members as well as a way for them to interact on a daily basis. This allows us to do that.

Pros

We just launched our platform and a couple of things we love: 1. The integration aspect and process was awesome and very easy. The APIs worked great. 2. The ability to customize was extremely helpful and useful. We have control of what it is and we don't have to rely on them to do everything.

Excited for the future..

Exciting.

Pros

It is relatively user friendly for staff and customers. The interface for some features is pleasant and easy to understand. It embodies everything needed to run a modern business with online presence.

Cons

It's still growing so rapidly that there are still growing pains and issues that are less than ideal. However, I'm glad we're here and looking forward to continuing to grow with a company like HL.

Ken from Ngage Management

Informz

Overall, the product is fantastic and I know Higher Logic will continue to enhance the products in the future.

Pros

Ease of use, many features, ability to create personas and enhance engagement with members through analyitics

Cons

Prefer more creation options for email marketing.

Meghan from AMC

Easy to use but time consuming with a small staff.

Pros

member engagement! it's great to see members connect online and development professionally by networking with other colleagues.

Cons

Takes a lot of front end work to really get started and understand the platform, which can be hard when you are on a small team.

Amanda from NRPA

Great for Engagement

Pros

Engaging our members, having a private place where members can discuss their problems/questions/concerns, easy to use

Cons

Functionality is a little behind, would like to see more offerings and updates. Customer support is lacking

My Higher Logic Experience

Pros

Automation rules and reporting are my favorite features of HL

Cons

Customer support has been decreasing over the last 1.5 years, response times longer and longer, hope of resolution of issues or product malfunctions is decreasing

Amy from Credit Union Association of New Mexico

Great Solution for listserv Replacement Need

Pros

Our group has been using the Higher Logic Community Platform for almost two years. We continue to get new members and look for new ways to engage them. Higher Logic makes it easy to offer a solution regardless of the size of your organization. It has been a wonderful success and a great solution for our need.

Cons

The learning curve with some of the automated features. It is robust so at times the process seemed overwhelming.

Bringing our Member Together

Pros

This software is a one stop shop for bringing our customers together to collaborate and learn.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but it is learnable.

jackie from CFP Board

Online Community Success

Pros

Our community has been a success from day one and has been a great addition to the benefits we offer our customers and to our marketing program.

Cons

Some of the user features and interfaces are a little clunky.

Emily from AACSB International

Continuous Improvement

Pros

They are constantly finding ways to make things easier for me as a community manager!

Cons

Waiting long periods of time for bugs to get resolved.

Kartik from AZA

Pros

Cons

Functionality could improve to do more. We are always finding more things that we wish we had.

Stephanie from ePayResources

Engagement Made Easy!

Pros

The ability to easily allow your members to engage with eachother, securely!

Wanda from KY Assn of School Administrators

My higher logic experience

Lets us provide our members with a secure platform for networking

Pros

being able to engage our members in the open forum

Cons

Would like to be able to use HTML code and have more opportunity for designing email blasts

Melissa from NAFSA

A customized solution for all types of clients

Pros

The platform is easily adapted to be configured for different clients and fields of work. Although there are best practices for initial structure, there are options for customization.

Cons

At times I have run into issues since we are a long term user of the platform, thus some of our setup is not good for utilizing other new features and enhancements that have been developed for the platform. It would be helpful if there was a bit more information to assist legacy clients so we do not get left behind.

My Higher Logic Experience

Pros

I enjoy the ability for non-developers to be able to easily use the site and set up pages without having to be able to code.

Cons

Implementation is difficult if you do not have the standard customer scenario. There are not many commercial customers, but hopefully this is an area that will grow.

HL platform and overall satisfaction

Pros

The education and discussions through the HUG is very helpful in managing new and on-going aspects of the platform. It is helpful to know what other clients are going through and to have HL be receptive to new product enhancements, potential bugs, or new features.

Cons

Since HL has brought on more companies into the mix, support has not been what it used to be. Slowly, service s coming back around and the new support center is helping out. I am looking forward to things improving.

rhonda from KY Assn of School Administrators

Higher Logic Community engages Kentucky public school leaders statewide

Given it is somewhat like other social media platforms, it is fairly easy to navigate as a frontline user.

Pros

The online community enables us to share information with our 3200 members, bring important information to the forefront, and make important decisions in real time.

Cons

We continue the struggle with email posts going to clutter or junk. It's an ongoing education process. From a management standpoint and for the platform to work for you, there is much to learn and ongoing learning support is needed.

Heather from Rubber Division ACS

Industry: Chemicals

Easy to Use and Implement

I truly enjoy it and hope that our users expound upon it and that it becomes a huge part of our member value and communication strategy.

Pros

The Higher Logic team were so hands-on and helpful during our training, implementation and execution. They went above and beyond to understand our needs and help us develop the platform that worked for us. I would highly recommend Higher Logic an their team.

Cons

It used to be the admin side - but now I love the new Admin!

Lisa from KASA

My Higher Logic Experience

Pros

Easy to learn to use - support from Higher Logic is great!

Cons

Does not support HTML Code in the posts we want it to.

Great way to communicate with your membership

Continuous conversations with our members.

Pros

The support from Higher Logic is great. Right from the beginning they were there to help you navigate your way through setting up an online community. Its the prefect platform for our members to engage with each other and our association. It helps us to know what issues are important and relevant to our membership.

Cons

You can get announcements and events in the daily digest.

Jennifer from AAAE

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Pays for itself!

We researched a lot of different online communities for our members and knew that Higher Logic was the Ferarri of community software for associations. There are a lot of other types of listerv and community software available, but this one integrates into our AMS, and we are able to gain a lot more insight into our members' needs by the ease with which they can post new messages and get immediate support from the industry. The implementation was fairly easy and the Higher Logic Users Group has been a wealth of information and inspiration.

Pros

I love how my members have been able to easily use their new online community! It was fairly simple to set up, and our interactions with the staff have been helpful when we can't figure out how to use something.

Cons

The reporting isn't always great, but if there is something you really need to report on, tech support can usually help out.

Cortney from Executive Women International

We love it!

Pros

Ease of use, team members, sales process and implementation timeframe

Cons

There is a lot of information and I'd love to see more interaction with my HL team.

sean from ADEA

Creates member value

mixed. great software, but communication with client on support matters is burdensome.

Pros

Creates member value by facilitating networking among members

Cons

admin experience

Laura from Credit Union Executives Society

New and Learning

Pros

I like that it is relatively easy to use. When I don't know something or am struggling, HUG is always there and so is the support team! The gamification options have helped our members a lot.

Cons

There is a LOT to know and not a lot of training. SF has been helpful though.

Rosa from American Public Health Association

Industry: Public Policy

Great software for outbased groups

Pros

We use this software to manage and provide resources to our state and regional affiliates. It is a resource repository and a communication tool that allows them to share resources and best practices with one another.

Cons

The current library features are clunky and slightly difficult to use.