Higher Logic Thrive Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"I love how easily configurable this platform is and how extensively I am able to customize our brand through customization."
  • icon"We chose to integrate directly using activity sync and I am excited to see how these two products are able to work in tandem to drive behaviors and engagement."
  • icon"They went above and beyond to understand our needs and help us develop the platform that worked for us. I would highly recommend Higher Logic an their team."
  • icon"The software is extremely unreliable, half of the time you get server errors or the whole platform is down. There is also very little customization built into the platform."
  • icon"The current library features are clunky and slightly difficult to use."
  • icon"You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing."

All Higher Logic Thrive Reviews

Kimberly

HL Community Platform engages members and aids committee work

HL community allows our members to engage each other across the country - and across generations (we've actually had posts from members in their 80s and 90s - so you know the ease of use is there!) HL community also allows us better communications and project organization. (the competing product we use in this is Board BookIt.)

Pros

Ease of use for Open Forum communications is great We have used extensively in our governance and it really organized and standardized our committee work. Ability to integrate with Abila product Abiilty to aid our chapters

Cons

I wish the libraries were easier to use - like Windows Explorer (does that show I'm old and not yet used to Sharepoint?) Wish you could duplicate "events" in the calendar like committee meetings. Wish the libraries were like google docs/share point and could be worked on collaboratively.

Mhari

Rethinking our entire structure

I learned I have no unique questions! But the great news is that the community really comes together to share their experiences and answers. Every question I've had I found answers on HUG.

Pros

I love how easily configurable this platform is and how extensively I am able to customize our brand through customization. We chose to integrate directly using activity sync and I am excited to see how these two products are able to work in tandem to drive behaviors and engagement.

Cons

Lack of localization. As a global organization of 1.2 million members in over 180 countries, we support multiple languages (including English, Italian, Spanish, Korean, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish). No being able to provide the platform in multiple languages gates off members that we would otherwise like to engage.

Reasons for choosing Higher Logic Thrive

Cost, ability to integrate with our current CRM, netForum.

Jessica

Growing Pains to the Max

Frustrating and time-consuming. It's already a lot of work to strategize, evangelize, build these programs from scratch, and recruit members; the last stress one needs is the hurdle of getting the platform to work the way it should and getting the resources one needs to fix issues.

Pros

The fact that it is a tool that can help me run an advocacy program.

Cons

There have been lots of bugs that I have caught and have had to escalate to the Higher Logic support team. I just keep finding them and I can't launch my program because of it. Bugs have also negatively impacted my customers' experience in the 2nd program I launched. Also, the support team is not one person who knows my platform, goals, and agenda when I need assistance/have a problem, but it's multiple people who get back to me within long periods of time, often not resolving the root cause, but just the symptom, meaning the problem will probably happen again... I have communicated my dissatisfaction, and more Higher Logic people are thrown at my concerns, which only adds more chefs over the pot, and no one takes direct responsibility to resolve it=takes longer to resolve the issues. I am sure Higher Logic's intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I can't depend on them to be there, to do things quickly, or even really fix the bugs I am finding; it has taken LOTS of time to get things resolved if we even do. My colleague had the same experience. To add: as a new user, the platform is not very straightforward to use, and I have to look for their materials, which are all over the place, or watch long videos to find the one thing I am looking for. The advocacy platform is very basic in look and feel, unless I hire someone for lots of $$ to help design it up.

#1 for a reason

The addition of the HL community has been a great service and value to our members. Pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Pros

It shows that they use their longevity and experience to improve their products based on user and client feedback.

Cons

As a single product user, it sometimes feels as if our needs are not as urgent (bug fixes, improvements).

Reasons for choosing Higher Logic Thrive

Overall value, quick implementation, and ease of use for members.

February 2022

Great communities, so-so CMS

All of our communities and directories are hosted on Higher Logic. It functions smoothly with our wordpress website, as well as our integration with MemberClicks.

Pros

Higher Logic is great for communities and directories. There's lots of automation that makes contacting members and keeping everyone up to date on things very easy. The communities make it easy for members across the globe to communicate daily, sharing the latest information, tips and tricks.

Cons

The content management system/website portion is not as powerful or customizable (without serious HTML/coding experience) as other web platforms out there.

Reasons for switching to Higher Logic Thrive

We needed a system that could handle membership and robust communities.

Kendall

Gets the right information to the right people at the right time.

It's been good since going live with our users. The implementation was shaky, but we got through it together with the Higher Logic team. Now that we're live, I can't imagine using our old system, or anything else. It does what we need to keep our customers engaged, connected and knowledgeable.

Pros

We've been live about a year and our staff and customers love the Qualifacts Community powered by Higher Logic. The system is head and shoulders above our previous system. We have created communities by user persona and state. It's our central documentation and resource site. Customers are engaged, and have started doing a lot of self-support.

Cons

The CMS is capable, but quirky. I still get confused trying to arrange content blocks and creating content. The email/automation rule process isn't well designed for sending one-off messages, or even recurring, but unscheduled messages like system status updats.

DeAnna

Great Member Engagement

Our members and staff both love our new community. We went from a listserv type of system that didn't have great archive capabilities to Higher logic and now we have awesome archives, tagging and increased member engagement. The automation have also made staff's job a lot easier. It isn't quite set it and forget it but its close. We don't have to specifically go back and add members, this is just done through automations.

Pros

The ability to have a history of the topics members have discussed that is easily searchable and organizable with tags.

Cons

We had a few hic ups when we switched integrations to a new AMS system but we contacted our customer service manager and she worked it out and got things running again.

Leslie

Higher Logic community is great for professional associations

It's been great. No major complaints -- just the note about upgrades not being obvious.

Pros

It is adult social media for professionals! Great place for members to share their expertise and ask questions privately, exclusive to an audience of colleagues who understand their issues and concerns.

Cons

The upgrades and how to take advantage of them isn't always obvious.

Katie

My Higher Logic ExperienceI

we are engaging members who I think we otherwise would not have engage. so it's mostly all good!

Pros

I like the fact that HL takes care of all the set up/details/ tech and we have a product that we can customize to match our look and feel

Cons

some limitations in the implementation/set up that we worked around.

Ken

Informz

Overall, the product is fantastic and I know Higher Logic will continue to enhance the products in the future.

Pros

Ease of use, many features, ability to create personas and enhance engagement with members through analyitics

Cons

Prefer more creation options for email marketing.

Excellent tool for member retention

Pros

We've been using Higher Logic's online community software for a few years now and have been very happy with our results so far. Our members took to the forum pretty quickly and we now have a fairly active community. We've also created additional forums for our monthly journal and have allowed members to create specialty groups as well. This increased engagement with our members has definitely helped out with our member retention.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve when you first start using the software, especially when setting up the automation. Their support is pretty good though so don't be afraid to reach out when you get confused.

Kelly

Online Community User

Overall, my experience has been good. Our sales rep has been very attentive to our needs and patient while we make our decision.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is feature rich and offers multiple modules that suit our association needs. So far, the customer service has been extremely good. Our website partner vetted other online communities for us and felt Higher Logic is the best solution for our membership. As I said, they are feature rich and the reporting is excellent.

Cons

The implantation time is longer than I expected. However, I understand the need to take time to get it implemented to suit our needs and so we don't have to redo the install again.

Meghann

July 2022

Go with a different service

My overall experience with Higher Logic hasn't been great. For the last 8 months, we've been *trying* to work with their customer support specialists and even had to meet with their CTO for the lack of communication, no alternatives provided, etc. For how much we pay and how long we've gone without having full accessibility to this service is ridiculous. I'd much rather pay for a platform that gets our job done without working longer hours due to Higher Logic's issues on the backend (that's effected all companies, apparently). I just feel that this experience ruined it for me with ALL Higher Logic products and services.

Pros

The only thing I liked is how ease it was to use pre-built templates.

Cons

There has been an on-going issue where you're unable to save your work since February 2022 and there were IQA issues in November 2021 - February 2022. It just seems that there's been constant problems on the backend (admitted by the CTO himself). Additionally, the lack of updates and support from their customer support team has ruined the experience. I would suggest paying more for a more reliable service. My department has been under fire by our executive team due to issues from Higher Logic that they don't seem to care about. If you're using this platform for email automation, I give this software a zero. Emails have failed to go out to our contact list, doesn't save, etc. which causes a lot of frustration on the customer/users end. We've missed several deadlines because of their 504 errors and don't hear back from customer service reps for days on end.

Easy platform to adapt to for staff and members

It has been a really great experience and the Higher Logic team is awesome!

Pros

I prefer this software because members need something that is convenient and enables them to talk to each other without the hassle. This gives them a place to talk, share documents, have private conversations, etc. As a community manager, I can maintain the back-end without interruption to their natural dialogue.

Cons

I customized the design because I needed it to be "pretty." I think if it were easier to make it a bit more natural to websites within the tool, that would be the only change I would make at the moment.

Amazing tool for member engagement

Pros

Our organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.

Cons

You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.