• icon"I like TT because it is an integrated Database, CRM and CMS - and the system is easy to use with training others a fairly simple process thanks to support from TT."
  • icon"It manages multiple functions which is great for a small office. The customisation is good and I have been impressed by the product enhancements and development since we started using the software."
  • icon"The integration and launch of the platform to our alumni community worldwide was seamless and we felt very much supported by the ToucanTech team throughout the process."
  • icon"I don't think there is anything I don't like about the software."
  • icon"As with any software, human error can come into play."
  • icon"This is a universal issue when one migrates data from other systems into a new one. Constituent codes and lables remain 'dirty."

All ToucanTech Reviews

Melanie

So happy we made the switch to Toucan Tech!

We are finding the Toucan Tech team an absolute joy to deal with. They know their stuff and are incredibly responsive and customer-focussed. I couldn't be happier that we have made the switch.

Pros

Having everything integrated in one system has radically improved our working processes. I have a very small team and reducing our admin load means we can spend more of our time doing the really important stuff like meeting donors and creating inspiring campaigns - which is also what we enjoy most.

Cons

We probably weren't fully prepared for the workload involved in verifying new members to the online community and this has made us review exactly when we fully launch the portal to our whole alumni community.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

Having one integrated system definitely appealed. TT also offered great value for money and seemed the slickest product which was best suited to our needs.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

We found RE too complex for our needs and also lacking in other areas (i.e. alumni relations and events). It felt like we needed a data expert on the team in order to gain proper reporting value from it and this was never going to be an option. I also grew increasingly frustrated with the time it was taking to rollout full functionality to NXT. We had already made the decision to move before news came out of their data breach in 2020, but their handling of that situation made me even more certain we had made the right decision.

Peter

Using Toucan Tech to run an Alumni Website and Database

We are very pleased with Toucan Tech, it works for us and is much less complicated than our previous database. The website is easy to maintain and perfect for what we need to communicate with our members.

Pros

I find it easy to use, adding events and news stories is intuitive and can be done with very little training. Accessing the data is also very easy and can be done quickly on a PC or on your phone.

Cons

I think the only thing we would like to add is an Instagram feed to our Home page.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

We felt that it was the best option for us, we wanted a website and a database in a single package, it also offered good value for money.

Needs fulltime use, otherwise very frustrating to use occasionally

I use it very seldom, but find it frustrating to obtain the results I require. Help information is on separate webpage and the search on that is not comprehensive.

Pros

It's comprehensive and obviously has many features that are not relevant to some users

Cons

It's not intuitive, and no hints are given when an error occurs

Not in my remit

Not my decision!

A user-friendly and comprehensive solution backed by exceptional customer service

Pros

ToucanTech meets all the needs of our school fundraising, alumni and community engagement programs. It is incredibly intuitive and - because it is purpose-designed for an organisation like ours - pretty much everything just works as it should right from the outset. The support team are extremely responsive and are also proactive in offering help and suggestions. We have barely needed any assistance from our IT team. Useful new functionality is constantly being added, and I'd like to see our school expand use further, for example to manage the whole school website and/or to manage admissions as that module gets finalised.

Cons

Nothing of any note. A couple of minor and inconsequential bugs were quickly sorted.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

ToucanTech was competitively priced, purpose-designed for an organisation like ours and offered a comprehensive solution that was all included for the price. Alternative products were going to be much harder to install and implement; were going to work out more expensive, especially when factoring in the fees for optional modules and support. There was a noticeable difference in terms of how well the product worked from the outset - and the likelihood of having requested modifications implemented - compared to products offered by massive organisations where it felt the proposed solution was an unimportant afterthought compared to their main business in commercial and other markets.

Kelly

The perfect solution to kick start your community management and engagement

We needed to get all out data in to one easily accessible system and have a single comprehensive interface dedicated to our alumni community.

Pros

ToucanTech has a simple to use and navigate user interface. It manages multiple functions which is great for a small office. The customisation is good and I have been impressed by the product enhancements and development since we started using the software.

Cons

The fundraising and donation logging feature could be improved. I would also like to see more ability to managed the news images that are uploaded.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

Functionality and price were big factors. We are a small office so I need something that could be installed quickly without lots of additional costs for data migration. I was also mindful that while we needed a more comprehensive solution we did not need to 'over tool' ourselves. The customer support provided by ToucanTech was spot on from the start, provided just the right level of support and autonomy for me to manage the system in house.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

We started to move from a paper based system in 2016 and by 2017 had reached the software limits of InTouch CRM, we were looking for software that provided an integrated database and user portal and ToucanTech fit the bill.

Lindsey

March 2022

Very useful in a school fundraising environment.

Once I got familiar with the functionality it has been a very simple to use platform.

Pros

Central records for all contacts with individuals and ability to see messages read and acted upon. Newsletter functionality.

Cons

Hadn't used a system like this before, so had to spend a little time thinking about the structure and content, but once familiar was easy to use.

Reputation and support

Lucy

Alumni Engagement

We have been delighted with the service from ToucanTech, there is always someone on hand to deal with glitches or queries. We have been happy to recommend it to other schools

Pros

This is easy to use and intuitive. Its an excellent way of keeping in touch with former pupils and updating records. Recently we have launched our first fund raising campaign using the site and have found it invaluable, keeping us up to date with donations, making gift aid claims simple and linking back to the record of the donor. We also love the ease of setting up news items and galleries and sending mass emails.

Cons

We have a number of donors who give on a regular basis. Each of these donations have to be added manually each month. It would be really helpful if this happened automatically. This is the most difficult part of the site to navigate

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

It gave us all we needed at a competitive price. The design is attractive and the team were approachable and friendly. They understood our business and what we wanted to achieve.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

The sales pitch was good! There was a real energy and enthusiasm from the sales and training staff. The previous system was cumbersome and very expensive. The training was mediocre and it was difficult to contact support for problems or queries. It was not delivering what we needed. ToucanTech gives us both ends of the equation, excellent data storage and an easy and intuitive way of refining searches with an attractive and easy to use front end. Within three years we are now actively engaged with 1600 members of our community.

Hannah

Hannah Cutler Cheltenham College

There are huge positives and the software has already made a big difference in our abilities to run a website, collect data and soon to run online donations which is very important. I find the customer Services team respond very quickly and we have very much enjoyed our sessions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I do find that the Instruction Manuals/help guides on line could be more detailed with some topics missed completely and others only having a brief summary of the process you are trying to complete/attempt for the first time. There are many times, that had the help guides been slightly more detailed then I would have happily used these and worked though the steps and not needed to contact customer services. I think this would be hugely helpful.

Pros

I like the look and format of the software. The fundraising fund pages are extremely helpful in giving up to date stats and I like that you can build your own web pages and manage them instantly. This is extremely valuable, liberating and time effective.

Cons

Some parts of the software formatting are not always straightforward and take some time to work out how to use. I find the reporting element a little tricky but I know this is being worked on. It would be great if there were a few more "standard panels" in the design hub for building non-menu web pages that would offer more options in terms of layout.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

I wasn't part of this process

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

I wasn't employed then but I believe the ability to build manage the website and the fundraising aspects were key

Best alumni website and fundraising database

This database gives us everything we need in one place. It is also constantly evolving and taking advice from customers to improve and increase its offering.

Pros

It's very easy to use and the support Toucan Tech provide is very personal and they always resolve any issues you send. Having our alumni website, fundraising data and email manager in one database has been the biggest advantage. This allows us to much more effectively report on engagement, identify new prospects and link up better between fundraising and alumni relations.

Cons

The initial move was tricky as our data is quite complex. However, the data team are very used to migrations like ours and helped us through the process. Any issues are very quickly fixed even when you've moved to the live site.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

RE and Graduway together were very expensive to run and were difficult to properly sync up. Toucan Tech provided us with a platform that was half the cost, allowing us to look at our data more effectively.

Deborah

ToucanTech Review

It has been an excellent product so far. The only exception is the app which I wish we had waited for as we are promoting half a product. We should not be paying for this.

Pros

I like the user friendly platform. I think every organisation has different needs and TT are first class at customer service. We have not used it to the full, but are trying to engage our users and drive traffic to the platform. The database is excellent for segmenting and creating a pipeline.

Cons

I do realise that I need to learn more on reporting to present to our board. I would like to see families recognised in the database for fundraising as we work with the family unit.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

People! It was sold to us through the team. We needed a database and alumni platform and TT was within our budget. I think that it is important for ad ons such as admissions, database and app, but it is very important that the features available are to the level of the TT platform as there will be an expectation. I love the app but feel disappointed that it is a year later and we still do not have phase 2. I am not sure how we will get our members on board.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

We needed a database and wanted to set up a community platform

Industry: Information Services

March 2022

ToucanTech powers alumni relations forward

Feels like it has taken us a huge step up in managing alumni

Pros

Database management and ability to track donations and produce appropriate reports.

Cons

Have run into some technical issues that needed support's help

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

Felt like a much more modern product build for web browser access, with better user management.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

Intouch lacked what we needed to go forward

Gertrude

OG Connect Alumni Website

Pros

The fact that it is an interactive database with a backroom that can be administratively controlled

Cons

No Cons at this stage. For the most part happy

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

They wanted something that was modern more inclusive and could have more features and better management of alumni records

Victoria

March 2022

A great bit of kit of you're just starting out in development

ToucanTech have been really helpful since we used the package. They went over and above to ensure the journey from start to finish was slick and easy. Their Helpdesk is invaluable - quick responses to every question.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the front page it gives and the ease of use for both administrators and members. It's super easy!

Cons

Sometimes there is not enough information about processes or how to change things, but a quick message to the Helpdesk normally resolves everything.

Reasons for choosing ToucanTech

Although they were a similar price, the smallness of TouchTech was more appealing. I felt that they would have more time for me if there was a problem.

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

e-Tapestry was a database only. We needed the landing page.

yvette

Industry: Fund-Raising

Tonbridge Connect

oucanTech is a one-stop-shop, bringing both the website and the database together. - We are often complimented on the look and feel of our site, and how professional our newsletter emails look. It’s great to work on a platform that our community enjoys using. - Our whole team are able to use the ToucanTech system as it is easy to operate; flexible, intuitive; and the support from TT has been great if there is ever a problem. - Really easy to update records; capture lots of data about our community members and Manage our pipeline of donor prospects - It certainly makes the Tonbridge Society programme very efficient

Pros

- A fantastic feature that ToucanTech offers is the Activity tracker – it shows us how people are engaging with our programme – from which emails they have opened to how many events they have attended. We are even able to sync external communications to the activity tracker so that all members of the team can view ongoing conversations. - The events module and particularly how bookings are made is a lot easier to handle than our previous database. T

Cons

improved integration with other platforms. e.g.PASS

one stop shop Events module Look and feel

Reasons for switching to ToucanTech

needed online community portal connected to database one stop shop

Roisin

Industry: Fund-Raising

Belvedere College

ToucanTech is a great fundraising database. I mainly use it to keep track of donations and payments, pledges and communications- and it serves its purpose perfectly.

Pros

The product is very easy to use, the interface is not too busy or cluttered, and it is easy to navigate.

Cons

The reporting element could be easier to use- I find it difficult to generate the reports I need.

Edward