• Pros

• "It's beautifully desgined, easy to use, and does exactly what we want."

• "I found the product pretty easy to use and the groups feature in particular makes it easy for me to segment my community"

• "Quick setup, multiple options, fast learning curve, great price. "

• Cons

• "While the software is easy to use, the tradeoff is some limitations. Customization is limited to colors and graphics."

• "It could still improve in terms of more features such as community event creation and management. But, perhaps feature development is an ongoing task and they would get to it eventually."

• "The custom integration app that Tribe implemented for our product had some bugs but to be fair, they fixed them right away after reporting by our team."

Browse Tribe Reviews

Harriet from SD Tech

Launched our mobile community within 2 weeks!

We could see better customer engagement after adding the social component inside our app to help the members connect with each other.

Pros

In our use case, the critical part of the implementation was to bring community experience inside our pre-existing mobile app. Thanks to the modularity and comprehensive API offered by Tribe, we were able to build a community experience complete with an activity feed, posting capability, and networking inside the mobile app.

Cons

There were a couple of missing parameters and endpoints in the API documentation. However, based on our request, team Tribe helped us with the API-based deployment and updated the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

The comprehensiveness of the API, modularity, and the ability to customize the community experience.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi Harriet, We're delighted that our approach for the community platform helped you add social experience inside the mobile app. That's the beauty of Tribe -- designed to integrate into products and sites. We'll continue to improve our API and documentation.

NaveenKumar from Infosys

Grow your community with less effort

Bringing your visitors, viewers, subscribers under one roof is tough and cumbersome. Tribe does it with minimum effort. It helps to gather your loyal followers to one place, and helps you to grow your community even bigger.

Pros

Easy set up with zero knowledge about the cloud infrastructure, coding, integrations with third-party apps, and excellent support makes Tribe unique.

Cons

On the downside, Tribe's third-party integrations comes with a price for a commonly used apps like Slack or web hooks etc.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Easy setup, affordable pricing, and quick support.

F Minus on the most important feature - posting and commenting

Since photos and videos are a huge part of our world...I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT UNTIL THEY FIX THAT UNACCEPTABLE ISSUE.

Pros

It looks good. It's easy to get up and running. And other than the unacceptable flaw mentioned in the "Cons" section, it's a good program.

Cons

Incredibly, for 3 of the 4 posting options with Tribe (Questions, Posts, Discussions, & Blogs), IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE USER TO UPLOAD PHOTO when replying to a person's initial post. So, if a user posts a question in the forum, such as "Does anyone recommend a great beach to go to around here", it is not possible to respond with text and then upload a photo of the beach you recommend. Facebook, for nearly two decades, has conditioned users to expect to be able to upload a photo when making a reply. Only after installing the software and building out the community and getting 40 user accounts signed up in the first week, did I realize this insane limitation. Since the whole point of a message board / online community is to allow people to connect and communicate in an ideal way, this massive short coming in and of itself should be reason enough for no one to ever consider using this software. So...to make a persons decision more easily on whether to use this or not...it's a question about photos. Do you want members to be able to post photos or not? If photos don't matter....then consider Tribe. If photos do matter....NEVER CONSIDER TRIBE AS AN OPTION.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

I chose Tribe because of the excellent reviews on sites like Capterra. Had anyone mentioned the inability to post photos via 3 of the 4 posting features, I would NEVER HAVE USED THE PRODUCT.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Dear Anonymous Client, We appreciate that you took the time to post this review and found Tribe easy-to-use. However, the information regarding the ability to add images in replies in this review is not correct. Members can add pictures to replies and answers in all of the four content types. Please reach out to our success team and we'd be happy to help you. Please be assured that Tribe allows members to add pictures to "Answer", "Reply", "Questions", "Articles", "Discussion", and "Post". Best, Team Tribe

David from Discover Maestro

This is a "no-brainer."

Tribe has been great to work with. I use their chatbot often and get responses quickly. I test and buy many software platforms and this is one that has been an awesome addition to my agency.

Pros

I have been looking to build my own social media site for a long time. As CEO of a marketing agency, we routinely get blocked from some social media companies for posting too frequently when we manage many pages. The lost revenues in 2020 from big tech was huge. We have looked to develop our own social media when we discovered Tribe. Everything that we wanted is on this platform. It's easy to use, set up and manage. I am amazed at the price. You can't get software with this great quality anywhere else at this price. If you aren't making the switch now and building your own site, you are going to be late to the game soon.

Cons

Building your social media site requires you to remind your followers, friends and family to join. It may take two or three times to remind them to move. They will.

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Too much control of your posts by these companies. I got tired of my own posts being called "spam" on my own pages and pages for clients.

Nadine from Entice The Brand

Loving Tribe!

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform, and I'm so glad that I discovered it. I've been able to create a beautiful portal for the members of The Queen Klass and so far everyone is loving the experience! I'm excited to see what new and interesting features become available! Great work and many thanks to the Tribe team!

Cons

Some of the features that I would like needs me to upgrade to a higher tier, which I'm not ready to do as yet. And there isn't an ability to go live on the platform. Or have a plugin to facilitate this.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

I loved the simplicity of the product, and that I could connect it to what I was already doing. So I could keep my existing payment gateway instead of having to utilize theirs. Also love that this is a Canadian tech company!

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Nadine, Thanks for your kind words. Love that you were able to launch a modern community to connect your audiences. Livestreaming is a popular request. Currently, our customers are using the live streaming functionality of Zoom, Facebook, and YouTube and embedding the same in the community. That said, we'd have a much better solution for this in 2021 (Q2). Best, Team Tribe

Jim from Evolved Athletix

Easy community platform

Pros

Since using Tribe, I've found that the platform is easy to use and fairly intuitive. The things I haven't been able to figure out, I've been able to find really quickly through Tribe's own community page. This, by far, has been one of the easiest investments and exciting platforms I've used to date.

Cons

Limited chat feature, although there is a Telegram integration that works well.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Cost, ease of use, and they don't bombard me with daily emails and upsells everyday.

Response from Tribe

Replied May 2020

Hi Jim, Thanks for the feedback. Glad to see that you found the platform intuitive and easy-to-use! Regarding chat feature - we're releasing the real-time chat feature by the end of this month. We look forward to serving you.

Marie from CCTS

The Best for Engaging with Coworkers

I enjoy it. I use it almost daily. Employee Engagement is a huge factor for our organization. The best part of our organization is its people and our strong teams. It was essential for us to find a way to keep our positive culture moving in the right direction when the pandemic hit, and this has been the perfect space for us.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. People enjoy using it because it reads like a familiar social media platform while protecting their private social media accounts from there professional circles. Our organization's Social Committee was looking for a platform that would help us to stay virtually connected with our coworkers at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We needed something that would be interactive and read like a Facebook page or another social media platform, but without the hassle of sharing your social media with your coworkers when it might contain some personal information. Tribe has been the perfect outlet for this. It allows us to post funny memes, keep conversations going and even set up events like contests, "questions of the day" and host theme days with our coworkers -- which keeps all of us in touch with the fun work culture of our organization. The best part, is you are starting with a clean profile template that is not connected to other social media platforms, and can stay as professional or casual as it needs to be. We love tribe and definitely intend to continue using it! I recommend for any organization that is having difficulty keeping employee engagement open in these unprecedented times.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options to upload photos on regular posts. Right now it seems like we can only upload them in the "Discussion Thread" format. Other than that, it's really fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing!

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

The lack of association with personal social media accounts

Rick from My Future Business

Industry: Online Media

Tribe Makes Community Building Easy!

I am able to stay connected with my audience, and I am in control of the overall experience.

Pros

I’m so impressed with Tribe that as soon as I saw everything it could do, I set up two accounts! Tribe gives me the opportunity to stay connected with my community, and it is beyond easy to use. Having a well-designed platform like this, makes the experience positive for all users, and this includes the admin role. Importantly, I’ve not experienced any downtime issues with either of my two Tribe sites. I also looked closely at the team behind Tribe before investing, and I am impressed by their roadmap and responsiveness to my questions. I’m so happy that I have Tribe in my toolkit, and I can see good things ahead for this reliable community building platform.

Cons

I find it hard to fault, so I'm not going to add something that I least like just to fill in a box.

Cost and ease of use

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Rick, Thanks for the detailed review! We look forward to serving you. Best, Team Tribe

One of the best community apps on the market

Pros

Tribe is one of easiest self service community platform out there. The quality of the software and the ease of use truly makes it an outstanding experience for our members. I also have always been a big fan of trying technology before an upgrade which helped us gain the trust we needed. I would highly recommend tribe to organizations looking to strengthen their brand and build credibility with their customers.

Cons

No mobile App to download with notifications on the mobile phone.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Thanks for taking the time to review Tribe and share your feedback. We're witnessing some of the top brands achieve amazing results with customer communities built on top of Tribe. Regarding mobile app - we have that on our roadmap (Q2 - 2021). Currently, Tribe offers PWA (Progressive Web App), fully mobile responsive design, and tight integration with messaging apps (Slack, Facebook Messenger, Telegram). Best, Team Tribe

Susie from Out There Productions

Easiest Ever Online Community Solution

I immediately liked this project for its ease of use. The sales and support team are friendly and quick to respond. The platform can be used for a wide array of applications (support, community, collaborative teams), and several of my clients who will gain substantially from its use.

Pros

Quick setup, multiple options, fast learning curve, great price.

Cons

Some options are on the TO-DO list for the development team, but they're really open to ideas and suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Tribe had what we needed right out of the box, with features we can use later when we're ready. Also had a familiar look to more popular social media platforms, so we could train community members quickly.

Response from Tribe

Replied February 2021

Hi Susie, Thanks for sharing the candid feedback. We appreciate your kind words. Glad that our design patterns and engagement models derived from popular social networks helped you minimize the learning curve. I'm conveying this to our product team.

Solid feature-rich package

Pros

Tribe is a very good community/forum package. Extremely easy to set up, feature-rich, and well-designed. Tribe features include groups, topics, @mentiones, Rich Text formatting, polls, custom-domain support, telegram and messenger integration, CSS-customization and more. All this in a functional, intuative, and mobile-responsive design. Tribe also has good support for foreign languages, including perfect RTL alignment for relevant languages (such as Hebrew, used on our forum). Most importantly of all, though, is the technical support, which is simply fabulous. Tribe's team is extremely helpful and supportive, open for suggestions and happy to help with every little problem - even with the Free product. I highly recommend you give it a try!

Cons

Tribe is hosted on their servers, and not available for self-hosting, which might be an issue for some. However with support for custom domains, branding and CSS customization, this shouldn't be an issue for most. Might even be an advantage.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Pricing, features, and ease of installation

Response from Tribe

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the detailed review and we're glad that you took advantage of the customizability. Since Tribe is a cloud-based solution, there is no on-premise set up at this point. However, this helps our clients to focus on the community building instead of worrying about the technical complexities.

Samina from Truweight

Very adaptive; user and business friendly

Ours is a health and weight loss company and one of the biggest problems our users face is - motivation. This community page aims to help them in their journey of weight loss by seeing others' stories, sharing their own, and receiving encouragement. And it is a very big credential for us, as we can portray our successes from the customer herself/ himself.

Pros

There were a lot of scenarios which we needed custom for our business and which were taken care of by Tribe - for e.g. having multiple content categorization like Recipes, Exercises, etc., pinning of posts for greater coverage on feed, etc. For all users, they have an open policy to write your pain point, and based on the no of their users impacted, they take it up in their roadmap which is good end user collaboration. Many of our custom requests were taken on the roadmap and implemented. Customer support is quite responsive and tries to work with the customer to resolve issues, and does not just force pre-built features. The Tribe as a platform is quite holistic and can cover all the basic and advanced needs of a community feature.

Cons

More holistic in built analytics can be a bonus if implemented.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi Samina, Thanks for the candid feedback. We're glad that the customizability of the Tribe Platform worked for your solution. As you mentioned, the beauty of Tribe is its ability integrate into products and bring in community touchpoints. Regarding better analytics - yes, we're already working on this, so we'll keep you posted on the progress.

Shaun from Shaun Nestor Brands

Tribe makes it easy to start and grow a community for your brand

Pros

Tribe is the easiest, simplest way to launch a community for your brand. They have removed the technical hurdles to allow coaches, consultants, and freelancers to thoughtfully host a vibrant community of supporters, clients, and prospects.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

I chose Tribe for several projects because it offered exactly the community building (think Quora-like) tools and functionality I needed at the time.

Response from Tribe

Replied November 2020

Hi Shaun, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Appreciate it! We see that the limitation mentioned here is around customizability (ability to only change colors and images). We'd love to expand on that and showcase some of the current capabilities. We allow clients to customize the community based on the components they want to showcase and make changes using CSS and JavaScript as well. 1. For instance, the design of this marketplace community (https://bit.ly/3kXl2NW) is completely different from banking community (https://bit.ly/3oMqUvQ) and SaaS customer community (https://bit.ly/384EXqM). 2. Another example is NEXL - here is a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7F1xcUj_Q) that shows how they integrated the community into the product. However, this requires a technical team for implementation. Thanks again for the review!

Balaji from SurveySparrow

One app for all your community needs!

We were on the verge of finalizing another tool for our community portal. After I saw Tribe, there was no looking back. Tribe provided us with everything in-house. Implementing Single Sign-On with our product was a breeze. Everything was well documented and we had very little to do with the development efforts. The rich set of integrations provided by Tribe is something that will make this application stand out from others in the crowd. We were able to integrate Tribe with most of the third-party applications we use. In a few days, we had our sleek, responsive, modern, flexible and powerful community portal up and running.

Pros

Tribe is ultra customizable. Also, it has plenty of integrations to help you enable your community with any additional needs you have. It is cost-efficient as well when compared to any other community platforms available right now. We wanted to have a community portal with solution articles support built-in. Tribe is one among the very few which had that functionality.

Cons

The default look and feel of the product can be a little bit better. But it can be completely customized and you can make it match the look and feel of your product.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

We wanted to have a community portal with solution articles support built-in. Tribe is one among the very few which had that functionality. Tribe is cost-effective compared to many products in the same sector. Tribe gives you most of the capabilities in-house unlike the competition.

Cengiz from Hubitat

Just do it

I liked it. It helped me to establish a community base without hurdle and delay.

Pros

It’s intuitive and user friendly. It allows instant community building even with the basic futures. That it has itself a community of tribe users is a very good idea. I got timely support from there. When you request an answer or ask for a feature they get back to you with their full dedication. You will you partner with them.

Cons

It’s monthly fee too expensive for us now at the stage of community building. There should be 3 months trial period so that we see to what extent it works when full features are used. Then if it works fee based period would start. Another thing that needs to be improved is to give several strong tools to admins to nurture, increase, and monitor how members interact. Rich statistics demonstrating many different types of member activities is the key to help create a viable, active, engaged community. Also, a smartphone app is a must. Finally, creating means to integrate other relevant apps into tribe would be very wise decision.

Response from Tribe

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the detailed review. Our pricing is about 50-80% cost-effective when compared with other similar SaaS solutions in the online community domain. Regarding better analytics - we are offering native report which helps you track the overall health of the community. Integration with Amplitude Analytics will give you additional granular insights on every single member activity and content. Mobile app - This will be released in 2020. At this point, companies are simply using our API to build community components inside the existing mobile app.

Mike from Pipedrive Inc.

A very promising tool with an amazing team behind it!

We needed a better place then Facebook for our community to gather. Tribe with it's topic and channel functionality and flexibility in customization was the obvious choice for us. That and the team behind it is full of rockstars!

Pros

The flexibility of the platform is great. When it comes to content structure or design, you can get creative. I also really enjoy the additional apps available on the app store as well as the amazing team behind Tribe. The team is super responsive and great in thinking along.

Cons

I wish there was a better build in analytics tool. However, with their webhooks, api and integrations with some tools like Amplitude they do give good alternative solutions for this.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Price and quality was the best combination for us. It ticked all the necessary boxes with features and communication with their team felt the best.

Madison from PTCB

Industry: Program Development

Online Community With High Potential

Our company has been very happy with Tribe's features and functionality. We wanted to create a community for pharmacy technicians to interact with one another under the umbrella of our certifications and brand as a whole. We looked at a few other companies but ultimately chose Tribe as they had all of the features we needed for a lower price. Although we haven't officially launched to the public yet, the site has been useful both internally and externally as we utilize both secret, private, and public groups. By offering access to an early group we have seen the site's value as individuals share personal experiences, ask questions and help one another.

Pros

The ability to customize the header and URL allowed for a seamless integration, look and feel from our own website. One of our favorite features is the Reputation Score, which encourages members to actively participate in discussions to receive points.

Cons

Some features are lacking but we value Tribe's transparency in the site's continuous improvement as they outline upcoming goals on their website and are quick to share work-arounds or fixes for whatever problem you may be experiencing.

Price and features

Paul from Maniphesto

Great, flexible platform

Very positive and useful

Pros

Tribe is a powerful, highly scalable and flexible platform for almost any community of people who want to connect around a shared purpose. The tools are simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. We are running a closed, subscription based group mentoring community, and it has been a fantastic fit for our needs.

Cons

No built in messaging functionality and bad integration with Telegram.

Flexibility and price.

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Bugs in the original program

Jeffrey from Customer Imperative

Tribe gives you control and flexibility

Great product, flexible configuration and quick time to value.

Pros

Tribe is building a modern software product that allows you to deploy quickly. Their Admin settings are easy to use and the 3rd party integrations make it easy to connect with other tools.

Cons

There are a few nits in the design that are currently not configurable - although it sounds that Tribe is going to make adjustments in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Quick time to value and onboarding.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi, Jeffrey Thanks for the feedback and the time invested in sharing the review. At Tribe, we are focused on building a platform so additional solutions can be built on top of Tribe. That also includes third-party integrations. Currently, Tribe integrates with 20+ popular solutions (including Zapier). These direct integrations are built by our team. Soon, with our developer platform, our customers would be able to deploy their own integrations easily. Best, Team Tribe

Meryl from State Street

They delivered a top notch platform for our customer community

Simply focus on what you would want to achieve based on your business goals. For example, keep the Question and Answer module at the center if you want to foster discussions. Talk to Tribe's community management team; they have some of the most practical suggestions for improvement.

Pros

We are from financial services domain (loans and mortgages to be specific) and were in search for a software solution to create customer community where we can give access to a useful pool of content and allow them to ask questions, submit answers, connect with each other and have intimate discussions in subgroups. Tribe offered all of these with an easy to use interface and we were able to go live within a week that included moderate customization of the platform.

Cons

Response from Tribe

Replied June 2019

Hi Meryl, Thanks for taking the time to help us improve with your feedback. Greatly appreciate your kind words. We're glad to see that our feature set and usability help you launch a really powerful customer community. Thanks again for choosing us as your community partner. Regards, Team Tribe

Deadly useful and intuitive to use

I use Tribe to gather a community (or tribe) around my business

Pros

I really love Tribe. It’s a perfect and independent group you can build so easily. I’m totally fan of the UI/UX of Tribe, really intuitive and easy to use. I can only recommend it to anyone willing to create and grow a community or an audience away from facebook, Slack or Discord. It offers advantages of each of them without the disadvantages.

Cons

Maybe the difficulty to clarify differences with quick topics, questions, articles and discussion for my users. Sometimes they publish in one way and should have been in another way. I would like to have the ability to modify that.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi there, Thanks for the kind words and we truly appreciate the time invested to review us. Especially our design team is experiencing tribal joy as I submit this reply.

Tom from Ayni Media

Tribe Provides An Excellent Alternative To Facebook Groups

Pros

Tribe has provided me exactly what I was looking for, an online community with no dependency on a social platform that I can leverage for my business or brand. The support team has been responsive and the user community is helpful when it comes to customizing your community. So far, I am pleased with the result and hope that they continue to roll out improvements that directly benefit community users. That's why we are all doing this in the first place. To build a valuable knowledge base of information and media that is easy to access, navigate, and consume. I'm looking forward to growing my Tribe community and connecting with people who share the same interests I do.

Cons

You can tell that Tribe is still new and has limited resources. I don't dislike that, but if you require instant response times and expect your specific feature requests to be added quickly, you may be disappointed. What I know is that the platform is usable right now, they provide self-service support, have a helpful user community, and the platform in general has a lot of potential.

Saurabh from Technovenus

Reliable community builder

Tribe provided an awesome platform to make community for gaming , discussion, FAQs ,etc. My problem is solved by this platform as i built a gaming community which is going good.

Pros

Hello ! I made a gaming community on tribe and it's totally awesome because many people are joining there and many gaming tournament platform like GamingMonk also joined us. My experience with the community is really good. I think there is nothing left which a good community wants ,means you have already provided so many apps which are very helpful like Google analytics , SOCIAL logins , virtual currency and Reputation score . These tools/apps makes the community so reliable and it's SEO of the site is also very nice.

Cons

I dislike nothing but they can add some more SEO apps/tools to improve visibility of site in search engines.

Response from Tribe

Replied October 2020

Hi Saurabh - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad that Tribe has been helpful for you to build the Gaming community. Gamers are one of the most prolific community builders! Regarding SEO app - we do have the SEO Boost app in the Plus plan. The SEO Boost app gives you additional controls over how search engines index the content.

Miranda from THRIVE POTENTIAL, LLC

The right choice

Pros

Tribe has been a great platform for building our community. I chose it for its intuitive, clean interface and overall functionality. It's hard to know what the right solution is until you implement it; I'm happy to say that our experience shows that it is.

Cons

Not having an app, although it does work well on mobile devices.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Focus on topic content and groups

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Miranda, Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you for investing time in this review. Glad that you loved Tribe's clean interface and intuitive design. The mobile SDK will be launched in 2021 (Q2/Q3). I'll come back and update this response when we have a mobile app. Best, Team Tribe

Rajnil from CitiusTech

Simply amazing! The Tribe Platform and their team give everything you need to build a successful com

We had an outstanding experience overall (perhaps my top three in SaaS space). I’d recommend Tribe in a heartbeat to anyone wishing to boost user engagement and retention!

Pros

This platform is very flexible and comes with numerous native integrations while being intuitive and easy-to-use. Most important element in their offering is the team – they patiently understood our requirement for the community as an integral part of our software product. They guided us with clear strategy and explained the features best suited for our use case. Finally, the whole community was customized was exactly the way we wanted. All of these came at an extremely efficient cost.

Cons

We encountered some bugs, but that’s understandable as this is a relatively new product. However, they fix the reported issues quickly and provide regular updates to improve further.

Response from Tribe

Replied June 2019

Hi Rajnil, Really appreciate your honest feedback; this will definitely help us improve Tribe. Happy to see that our consultative approach met your expectation. I'll let our team know about your kind words -- this is what gets us going every day. Best, Team Tribe

Matt from Self Employed

Industry: Information Services

Tribe personal network

It only took me a day or two of playing around with the settings to make things the way I wanted them. It is simple and user friendly. Some other options have way too many bells and whistles to navigate through and most of them you don't even need. Tribe customer services is top notch. You don't wait days to get help with support! Very much appreciated!!

Pros

I became a Tribe member due to the censorship of other popular social networks. Tribe gives us a place where we control the narrative and we can discuss issues without bias moderators approval. It is a great place and I've recommended it to many of my business associates and friends.

Cons

The only con I see at this time is the inability to send private messages from user to user. You can comment on each others post but not send a message directly to that person. I hear this is coming and look forward to it.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

It's the best for what we need!

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

Privacy and easy of use where those of us that are like minded free thinker could gather and discuss issues without outside bias or moderation.

Evan from IIAW

Great Product!

Pros

Tribe has added value to membership in our trade association, especially during a time when in-person events and meetings cannot happen. We created an Online Community on Tribe at a fraction of the cost of what competitors are charging. This Online Community allows our members to ask questions and engage with us virtually! We have received great feedback so far from our members and people love joining our Community as it is so simple to use and requires zero onboarding. In terms of customizability, Tribe offers a Community platform for the biggest tech geeks and for beginners. Whether you want to add your own code to make it your own or if you want to keep it as is and add your logo and change the colors, the platform is incredibly user friendly and easy to use! Go Tribe!

Cons

Nothing! Tribe has been so easy to use and east to manage

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Evan, Thanks for your feedback and kind words. Glad that you loved the customizability and usability of Tribe. Best, Team Tribe

Parsa from AYLIEN

Well designed and well thought platform

Tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Pros

We have been looking for a community solution for quite some time till we discovered tribe. It is a modern platform, well designed and well thought on its integration. It has an intuitive and straight forward interface. unlike other solutions on the market tribe is not over selling over its features. tribe comes with our highest recommendation.

Cons

Anything that was a concern has been addressed very quickly by the customer success team. The only thing I would mention to help others make a right decision would be the platform itself is a tool. you need to build the community around your brand and invite your members to join your tribe.

Response from Tribe

Replied March 2019

Hi Parsa, Thank you for making our day, our team was super happy to read your review :) When we set out to build Tribe, our goal was and still is to to provide highly intuitive community platform. We're also highly inclined towards offering powerful customization options via integrations, widgets and API. It's an honor to have you using Tribe. Best Regards, Team Tribe

Oviene from Smart Nora

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great platform, easy to use!

Our experience with Tribe has indeed been a great one!

Pros

Navigating the features on the platform is easy. The instructions are straight forward and the Tribe community is filled with useful articles on how to use all the features. The team is also very supportive and responsive whenever we encounter any difficulties or need any advice. The team has also accommodated our suggestions and requests to better our community. They are also proactive in offering help and making sure we are satisfied with the platform.

Cons

There was a bug with one of the features during our early stages of Tribe but the team quickly addressed it and made fixing it a priority.

Response from Tribe

Replied June 2019

Hi Oviene, First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We consider our clients nothing less than our Tribe family and are always committed to your success. Glad to see that you found of support, content and the platform useful. Look forward to a long-term partnership. Regards, Team Tribe.

Behzad from Smart Nora Inc.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excited to build our community.

We got to know about tribe as we were beginning to plan for creating a community for our customers. Our experience so far with Tribe has been a great one. We have received great support from the Tribe team. The platform itself is very easy to use and we appreciate the proactive support suggestions we receive for improving our community. Tribe is trying to help users customize their communities with the features that work for them best. Trube has reached out to us a number of times to see if we need a feature that they don't currently offer so they can build it for us and I find that very unique.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, visually appealing.

Cons

I haven't come across one but if I do I will make sure to share.

Response from Tribe

Replied March 2019

Hi Behzad, Thanks for the great review :) we are delighted to know you liked the intuitiveness of the platform and customer support. Since we're truly user-centric and committed to see our customer sicced, we take a proactive approach to find out ways to help our clients. We are honored to have you as a member of the ever-growing Tribe family. Best Regards, Team Tribe

Victor from The Highly Paid Experts Network

Industry: Publishing

Why I Love Tribes

Pros

Cons

To be honest I don't currently have anything I don't like

Reasons for Switching to Tribe

I needed a platform that gave me more control

Response from Tribe

Replied May 2020

Hi Victor, Thanks for the feedback. We're glad to see that Groups feature helped you segment your community. That's also a great way to improve member discoverability and improving the networking of like-minded users.

Darryl from Moody Publishers

Industry: Publishing

Exactly what we were looking for

Tribe is easy to set up and easy to use. We appreciate being able to set up a community platform that we can create and curate ourselves. It's exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

It's beautifully desgined, easy to use, and does exactly what we want.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints. It does exactly what we need.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi Darryl, We appreciate the feedback! Great to learn that you're happy with the design and easy setup process. This is going to make our team immensely happy.

Rahul from Cloudnine Group Of Hospitals

Amazing Community Platform

Amazing Experience

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform for the community building. User can customize the UI and Experience of the user with custom fields. Providing multiple apps plugins like Amplitude, Sendgrid, Telegram, Google Analytics, SSO, Zapier etc. are awesome and very easy to implement with basic tech knowledge only. I would recommend to Tribe to everyone who wants to build the community from scratch without any coding efforts.

Cons

Ability to do live session on the community

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Rahul, It's a privilege to serve Cloudnine Hospitals. Thanks for highlighting the customization and integration capabilities. We'll definitely offer live streaming option. Currently, some of our customers are using YouTube/Zoom/Facebook for live streaming and embedding the same in the community. We'll come back to this answer and update when we release a concrete solution for live streaming. Best, Team Tribe

Taha from Avagames

Great value for money!

We have tried a few different solutions in the market. When we decided to switch to Tribe, the team walked us through redefining the community objectives, make it more aligned with business and organization objectives. They also supported the whole smooth migration process. The fact that Tribe customer success team has a great business and community knowledge helped us realize great ROI. We started with their basic plan and as we saw results coming we upgraded to premium.

Pros

Pricing is fair and flexible. Facebook integration was somehow magical and increased users retention. Fast and reliable customer service.

Cons

As Tribe was a new venture, we had our fears of switching to this solution. But after working with their customer success team, we had tons of confidence in them as the right partner.

Response from Tribe

Replied November 2018

Hi Taha! Thanks for taking the time to review Tribe. Glad to hear this was the right solution for you. We are looking forward to celebrating the growth of your community!

Aila from The Rooted Collaborative

Tribe is perfect for our online community!

The Rooted Collaborative just launched our membership portal on Tribe to house our global community of Black, Indigenous , and Woman of Color fundraisers. It's been such a joy to connect with each other through Tribe not just professionally, but also personally with the features Tribe offers to join different subgroups within the portal. It feels like we have our own private social media channel that we can customize not just on the admin side, but for users as well. We love it here!

Pros

I really like how Tribe feels like our own exclusive social media site - enabling members and admin to customize our experience.

Cons

So far so good! I don't have much to add here. It is very user-friendly.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Aila, Thanks a ton for the review and the feedback. Tribe's design is inspired by popular social media sites and we have added the best practices from the social networks to improve member engagement, networking, and content consumption. Best, Team Tribe

Iman from DeBounce

10/10 The best community platform!

A well-thought community platform with integrations that made us focus more on driving growth and engagement and less time on software development.

Pros

Tribe community platform was really easy to set up. Building a thriving customer support community around our software was crucial. The modern design and the smart widgets helped us implement and integrate the community elements into our product. The gamification system boosted the engagement by encouraging users to contribute. The customer success team was always available and supported us with their understanding of the business and their know-how of online community building.

Cons

Response from Tribe

Replied March 2019

Hi Iman, Really appreciate you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your review really made our day. And we're happy to see that you liked the simplicity, customization options and support from our customer success team. Thanks for understanding that bugs can be present during the early days. We're completely committed to delight our customers, so quick resolution of any customer issue is our first priority. Best Regards, Team Tribe

Stephanie from LONCANI

Perfect for private online community and to reduce support team work

I’ have got incredible support from the team. I had some issues that have been fixed quickly. Thank you

Pros

I like everything about Tribe. You can do so many things from customers support to your business community and marketing. We have bought tribe with many idea in head for our marketplace users. The first idea was to create our VIP community where users can ask questions to others and get support from the community; but after the setup of our account, we have seen so much more opportunity.

Cons

The language localization was an issue for me. But the team is working on it.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you could build a support community with Tribe and unlock other potentials! We've improved our language localization process so there should not be any issue going forward.

Marlee from IBM

Great customer service and easy implementation

Overall, I've been very happy with Tribe. We are primarily using it for employee engagement, and it has been incredible effective. The customizable, automated leaderboard was a major contributing factor in our decision and so far it has paid off since we finished the implementation a couple of months ago.

Pros

I was very pleasantly surprised at how straightforward the implementation was. Our account manager Eli did a fantastic job walking us through the setup process and sharing useful recommendations based on her experience. Platform administration has also been very easy, and Tribe has proved very effective in activating our user base.

Cons

We did receive some feedback from users that the platform could have been more intuitive, particularly in the way content is aggregated / displayed on the news feed.

Victoria from Psalm107two

Excellent Community Platform

Absolutely AWESOME platform.

Pros

Ease of use and set up. Easy navigation. The community members love it.

Cons

I can't think of anything that it is missing at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Tribe

Tribe has been a lifesaver for our community. We started out using the Wix mobile app to create our community but sooner discovered glitch upon glitch. Slow load times, too many "down times" and lack of customer service caused many of our members to become inactive. Upon switching to Tribe, all of that changed. The platform is AMAZING. Our community is growing again and the feedback we have received from our members has been nothing but positive. Awesome work Tribe! Keep it up!

Amazing Community Platform

Tribe allows me to connect with my community members in real-time, private messaging and by posts. The service helps streamline communication vs being scattered with other messaging on social platforms.

Pros

The features and apps within the service. That they have a free plan that works for most organizations and businesses seeking to foster a better relationship with customers and employees.

Cons

Customization is only by CSS, if you are not familiar with the coding it may appear cumbersome.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it! With Tribe, brands are building both internal and external communities. Yes, additional/granular customization currently requires CSS modification using our Theme Editor. However, we are coming up with a much better solution for customization and theming in 2021 (Q2). Best, Team Tribe

Iman from Zavié

Industry: Executive Office

Great solution to my community network that I didn't know existed!

Pros

They have more features​ to gather a great community than I could imagine. The platform is very easy to use Great customer support

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Response from Tribe

Replied March 2019

Hi Iman, Glad to have you as our customer and really appreciate you for sharing your experience. We're highly optimistic of establishing long-lasting relationship and see you succeed. Best Regards, Preetish

Celia from Smokeball

Easy to Use and Integrate

Pros

I am loving the Tribe platform. It’s been really easy to set up. I’ve also really enjoyed how easy it is to integrate notifications to Slack so we can keep up with what’s happening on the Community pages at all times.

Cons

There are new features that could be added but this is the same with all software and I believe as this product grows it's going to be amazing.

Response from Tribe

Replied February 2021

Hi Celia, Thanks for investing time in writing this review. Appreciate it! Slack is definitely a powerful integration that helps both your internal team and community members stay updated with community activities. 2021 is an exciting year for Tribe -- We'll be releasing amazing features, apps, and integrations as we move forward. Best, Team Tribe

Rachel from UCLA Health

Great customer service, great product

Pros

The interface is user friendly - it can stand alone but also reminds you of other products out there (like Facebook groups, etc.) - so it offers the client/customer familiarity. This is what we were going for. We also really like the team/customer support; they are ready and willing to help us whenever we have questions or comments. They have taken our feedback seriously - and some of our suggestions are actually on the roadmap.

Cons

There were some instances where the features/functionality didn't quite meet our needs (because we are working with an unique population) - but Tribe.so was able to address these for us.

Response from Tribe

Replied June 2019

Hi Rachel, Truly appreciate your honest feedback; your suggestions are helping us improve Tribe platform. Our team has already started with our signature Tribal dance as I write this. We're so happy to see that our effort to democratize community building in a user-friendly manner is working out well. We understand that you have a unique audience, but we're fully committed to work with you and help in any way possible. Regards, Team Tribe

Monica from Accenture

Tribe is an user friendly community software with loads of features.

Easy to use, modern design, fair pricing, and lots of useful integrations.

Pros

Making the decision to migrate from an existing community solution was very challenging. Tribe team really made it fast and easy by having the right migration processes and tools. Their community success team was always available to handle issues and requests. What I liked very much about Tribe is the simplicity of their core platform that can be extended with different apps based on my community need. We got all these great solutions at a fraction of cost we used to spend on the previous platform.

Cons

Tribe did not provide us with any mobile app but to be fair the messenger integration was a great replacement. Their idea that people do not want to just install another mobile app sounded reasonable.

Response from Tribe

Replied March 2019

Hi Monica, Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review and choosing us as your preferred community partner. Glad that we could provide seamless migration experience and customization at your preferred price point. Best Regards, Team Tribe

Ventme from A safe planet

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Wonderful

Pros

Tribe is an amazing platform I've had a great experience. Any questions you have about Tribe, Tribe answer quickly. I've been able to make my own community, and Tribe hold no credit for the community you create. It has a free option and so much for free! Thank you Tribe!

Cons

I honestly don't dislike anything. But I'd say a room for improvement is that we'd be able to create bots more easily, but I know you guys are working on that!

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Ventme, Thanks for the review and candid feedback. Appreciate it! We've relayed the concern around easier bot management to our product and engineering team. They will get in touch with you to learn more about the use case. Best, Team Tribe

Helpful & quick!

The customer service is exceptional. Very helpful and very fast!

Pros

Tribe is always helpful every time we have a support request or even just a question on how to best utilize the platform. And the rapid responses are awesome! We are often trying to serve our customers in the group, and we need to be able to do that quickly! Thank you!

Cons

Just the spacing in the question answering is really the only thing I would change. Right now, it looks very crammed since you are unable to add spaces between lines.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the feedback. Support response time and quality of service have been a priority at Tribe since the very beginning. We look forward to keep delighting you!

Benjamin from Booklit

With Tribe anyone can crate the work on a professional

Amazing and definitely worth using and putting time into.

Pros

With Tribe I was able to create an amazing social media network with plenty of features! I made a professional scale website, transferred domains, and connected it to Adsense all for free! Tribe is truly one of the best out there in what they do and I would definitely recommend it.

Cons

The only thing about Tribe I least liked was that I wasn't able to implement direct messaging directly on my website.

Response from Tribe

Replied December 2020

Hi Benjamin, Thanks for your kind words and recommendation. Direct Messaging app is now available. Note: Direct Messaging was released 2 weeks after this review.

Elisa from eStudios

Loving this software!

This is a really easy to use platform. I had to contact customer service for an issue once (on my end) and it was a very pleasant experience.

Pros

This is so completely easy to use and set up. I love how simple it is for users to understand and for our employees to figure out.

Cons

I honestly haven't figured out much that I don't like yet. We are still in the beginning stages of implementing this software, but so far I am loving everything! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a community platform.

Response from Tribe

Replied April 2020

Hi Elisa, Love that Tribe's simplicity and easy setup process worked for you. We'd continue to delight you with our customer support!

Jacob from Strong Towns

Industry: Online Media

Fanastic forum for capturing helpful insights!

Pros

We've used Tribe to host our forum for about three months and have loved how well it captures all the helpful insights in the community and how easily others can find them. I'd totally recommend Tribe for anyone looking for a forum software.

Cons

The Premium version is pricey—but I can tell it includes a lot of value.

Response from Tribe

Replied January 2020

Glad that Strong Town found Tribe Community Platform helpful for capturing insights. The Premium plan costs $4788 per year at this point with an annual subscription and this pricing is about 50%-80% cost-effective than other SaaS solutions catering to the online community domain.

Ibrahim from Gaming Industry

Great

Pros

Tribe Is a great platform for building a strong trust with your community. We have been using tribe for a while now and its great.

Cons

Nothing is terrible about tribe. I think its ok