Browse Yammer Reviews

Ahmed from TALABAT MENA REGION

Best Intranet and Collaborative app

Overall experience with yammer is great , We are using this app as internal social media platform for company news and updates and team posts ,Its working great giving awesome experience

Pros

Yammer having mobile access beside the desktop access so it gives the ability to engage between my team mates and group members for all new posts and updates ,Best thing that it let me and my team members feeling that we are in the same office while working remotely

Cons

The ability of yammer for interation ,that there are alot of another apps like Slack and zoom need to be integrated with yammer it will increase the effectiveness of it

Arun from Aster DM Healthcare

Efficient social networking platform for enterprise

I have been a very happy yammer user ever since it was implemented in our organization. It helps enhance productive communication and collaboration among employees from various departments Knowledge grow multiple ways when it is shared. Its integration with other Microsoft applications is seamless.

Pros

The clean user interface is easy to navigate and the feed is intuitive Great tool to notify important announcements within organization like new product launches , regulatory changes and emergencies. It helps to enhance leadership engagement, from top management to all employees of the organization Secure platform to discuss about confidential projects among team members. Poll is another great advantage of yammer, entire company can participate in polls

Cons

Though the user interface is familiar, sorting posts by date requires bit of effort Additionally, searching for a topic is difficult The mobile application needs improvement and the user interface needs a revamp

Tawanda from World Vision Zimbabwe

Team collaboration enabler offering endless possibilities

It was so confusing at first and I was nearly tempted to quit and unsubscribe, However, overtime I got the hang of it and my team appreciate it

Pros

I like that it is simplified and its quiet easy to use even for the newbies. The tiling of feeds according to subject and relevance makes it easier to get the best out of. Ideas flow unabated and team members can quickly share productive information.

Cons

I would like to see Yammer filtering the messages and feeds posted so that only relevant information is retained for future reference

Reasons for Choosing Yammer

Yammer seamed more simplified and much more affordable compared to the alternatives presented

Tom from ATG Project & Property Solutions

CA Review

Very poor and laggy.

Pros

I enjoy the Social Networking platform that can be used for Business' however the software is terrible.

Cons

Every experience and time I have used the software it is extremely laggy and frustrating to use with photos etc. loading incredibly slow.

Mmathabo from Inicio Holdings

Internal Social Networking

It has been great to engage with colleagues on the platform, since other social media platforms are blocked on the firewall.

Pros

It is safe and only authorized users have access to this corporate social network to engage and share latest news/updates within the organization.

Cons

Not sure if one can integrate with Microsoft Stream for videos. It would be awesome.

Reasons for Switching to Yammer

It came with the Microsoft license or subscription. We gave it a try and we have never looked back after that.

As an internal social media tool, it's better than nothing, but still has a long way to go

We use it because it's what everyone has and it's already included in our package, but a lot can be improved when used as an internal social media tool.

Pros

I like that everyone in our organization already has access to it and that it's relatively easy to use. It has an app that many colleagues have downloaded voluntarily to keep up with company news.

Cons

I don't like the way posts will not be automatically ordered by "newest first" and that it's not possible to make a distinction between official channels (like the communications department) and every other user. I also don't like that the posts cannot be customized enough (font, size, colors...) so for corporate communications we use a lot of emojis to compensate instead.

Raghavendar from Infosys Technologies Limited

Unique Social network for corporates

We have used this for solution seeking where we put our request or query and we get response with what people know about it or sometime we get perfect solution too. Apart from work related, we also share the cool pics related to the happening or team events or festivals celebration. Also, polls are conducted to seek the feedback from colleagues about new change in the company or changes that is needed.

Pros

We have Office365 at our company, next to Skype the other app that is extensively used is Yammer for collaboration. We can switch this seamlessly across our Laptop & phone apps. Yammer is social network within the company. Everyone is member as soon as they join and we have different groups where we are free to join. But default, based on our department we are tagged to parent groups and we can view the updates and share our feedback just like Facebook. We can create new groups based on the need and invite people or tag them to get their attention. The biggest advantage of this app is your voice is reached to thousands in minutes and you may get feedback from top skipping the hierarchies. So easy to connect and easy to use and make an effective use for networking across the colleagues

Cons

User Interface is not rich and looks and feels needs improvement. Not sure but it hangs for me quite number of times. Also, little difficult to search for a post or feed. It becomes more confusing once more and more groups are created.

Samuel from Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Professional Version of Social Media!

My overall experience with Yammer has been phenomenal, and I am sure that my coworkers can attest to that experience, as well. I have been able to communicate efficiently with coworkers, I have been able to share documents with them, and we have all been able to update our "statuses" just as we would on most other informal social media sites. Would definitely recommend Yammer to anyone.

Pros

What I like best about Yammer is that it acts like a pseudo-social media site, but only within the inner circles of your near and distant coworkers, (meaning those who are on site and off site), but within the same company. The site makes for a nice getaway whenever you need a break from work and you want to see what everyone else has to say on their profiles, if you want to send direct messages back and forth to a coworker, if you want to share various files, (both professional and personal), among a slew of other features that are very reminiscent of other social media sites. Only individuals with the proper corporate email addresses are able to create an account on Yammer and join your inner group of friends, which is fantastic.

Cons

There is literally nothing that I do not like about this software, because its purpose is very simple - and all of what it is made for is being met, at least in my case, and I have been using the software for a decent amount of time now. The messaging is in real time, the interface is simple and appealing, and it is accessible on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Andrew from The Cooperators

A Sense of Community

As Vice President of our Social Committee, Yammer is a key tool in keeping our members engaged and informed while away from the office. We can post reminders, or pictures from contests, and it really gets the whole group involved and participating.

Pros

I appreciate being able to connect with people within my organization in a more social and laid back forum. The platform is easy to use, and allows broadcasts to all members of a particular group, which will also send their work email a message. It has allowed for a space where people can still maintain a sense of community, even while working from home. Sharing photos or hosting contests, Yammer has become a key tool in our workplace community.

Cons

Not as customizable as some other social platforms, and posts seem to be limited in their ability to be unique looking. Most aspects, including reactions, are very cut and paste.

dan from Rogers Communications

Yammer review

is good for more generic things which are happening in a company to find out about new technologies and trends for parts of the organization.

Pros

it's used in our company as a forum to post ideas. for a big company the number of groups can be very high/ lots of smaller groups. it was not integrated with other apps other than messaging which after a while gets annoying to have the multitude of messages coming from multiple sources. that's because the company decided to have multiple tools for communication: emails, messaging in yammer, messaging form other sources like MS Teams, etc.

Cons

it's just another tool to communicate and it has as far as i know just a messaging component without the ability to communicate in real time in a group as a face to face operation and screen sharing which would cover the entire set of functions needed to communicate effectively.

Emoniel from Legacy

Yammer Review

A nice medium to communicate with fellow employees across multiple campuses. Nice to look for upcoming events but more importantly when particular system shutdowns are occurring this is the first place people look to see who is affected.

Pros

Nice to have a community board for work to post upcoming events but also address live issues.

Cons

I think I just haven't figure it out yet but it would be nice to have an easier way to mute/minimize notifications depending on the particular group and frequency of messaging.

Elle from Allegion

Great way to stay connected with your company

Overall, it's simple to use and easy to see other updates. For larger companies, it's easy for it to seem irrelevant, but it's also a nice way to stay connected with individuals outside of your direct team.

Pros

Yammer makes it easy to share updates, including links and images, with all employees, or specific groups.

Cons

Adding an image to a post could be easier. You have to first select your audience, and while you can drag and drop after that, it's not clear that it's possible.

Eric R. from NEON ID

Microsoft's confused Work Collaboration Strategy won't sustain Yammer

Yammer was awesome when it launched it I brought it to my company of 4,000. It spread like wildfire until corporate IT questioned its value and tried to shut it down.

Pros

Yammer has solid capabilities but its use as an option against Teams and Slack is puzzling. Only in some Microsoft leadership world does it make sense to keep Yammer on life support while Teams is growing and Slack just got a shot in the arm from the Saleforce purchase. The feature set is fine, but if nobody uses Yammer, then nobody will use Yammer.

Cons

The lack of integration with much of anything except Microsoft products. I'm not in that ecosystem so it makes no sense to use Yammer anymore. While Slack has a gazillion apps and Teams is getting more because of the clear Microsoft focus on using it (effectively) as an option against Slack, Yammer has been left in the cold.

Reasons for Choosing Yammer

I did not. I left Yammer for Slack and never looked back. Teams is good for Microsoft users but for everyone else, Slack is it.

Connor from General Motors

December 2021

A simple, perhaps too much so, social media application

Yammer has most of the features you would expect for a company-wide social media platform, but not much beyond that. Searching for past posts is a bit disjointed and cumbersome, but you can still get the job done if you are patient enough to work with the tool.

Pros

Yammer serves as a good repository of past knowledge within a company. Think of it as your company's equivalent to Stack Overflow.

Cons

Searching for previous posts could be more intuitive.

Tami from Nordstrom

Yammer Review

As said above, we're a big organization and having a platform where you can interaction in real time with a large or specific audience is great, even more so now that my entire company is working from home. We use other messaging services, but Yammer really helps with things like announcements, process updates, and communication in general. It's integrated perfectly into Office 365.

Pros

Yammer is a social networking platform that functions similarly to Facebook or NextDoor, but for professionals & businesses. My company is quite large, and we have a good amount of employee that work from home (even before the pandemic in 2020), so this is a great platform to use for communicating. I like how you can create teams that are small and very specific (like just my team, or all of the employees working in the same role as I) and broader (all div, all company etc.). The most useful tools to me are the ability to share process updates and by "liking" them you know who has read and acknowledged the update, and for creating polls for a specific audience to gauge which path to take when there are multiple solutions.

Cons

The Yammer layout is very similar to that of other social networking sites, I would like if they would give the software a facelift and make it more distinguishable from other, similar programs.

Graciela from ACG GLOBAL SA DE CV

December 2021

Yammer to work efficient and management

Was really good, i love the graphic interface and the differents functionalities.

Pros

One of the principal advantage that Yammer have, it´s the possibility to create differents teams and work together with the members, and other thing that Yammer that it´s really good it´s the graphic interface, this interface let us to navigate and use the functionalities in a easy way and it´s really easy to understand.

Cons

I think Yammer have a lot of great things and the thing that i didn´t like, i think that could be that sometimes it´s really difficult to use some functionalities, and sometimes the software can be really slow in some computers.

A Great Means to an End

Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Pros

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for. I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

Cons

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

Vekaas from sbw research & development Pvt. Ltd.

Social networking at work

Pros

With Yammer staff can learn to build connectivity at social level across organization and engage collaboratively to learn and develop their skills. Yammer helps organizations build a healthy learning environment where anybody can contribute. You can create knowledge share and interest groups where employees engage in discussion and hone their skills. The key is to use it appropriately. Instead of engaging with outside world, employee can connect within the organization. You can create and send birthday greetings easily and let everybody know that it’s some one’s birthday today. We can’t ignore the importance of connecting socially with staff at personal level. You will also get notification of all new activities and events at work. Sharing anything is really simple on Yammer. If you come across anything which would be of help to co-workers, you can simply share it with the multiple interest groups on Yammer. Also, if you need suggestion from co-workers on anything, you can initiate a discuss and your co-workers can share their ideas easily. You can make announcements, praise a co-worker and create a poll, etc.

Cons

It might appear to be a distraction for highly occupied employees. They just might not be able to respond to even to birthday greetings.

deba from Petronomics Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Pros

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want. Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it. Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app. Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Cons

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform. It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it. The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies. yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Janice from Allegion

Industry: Building Materials

Best purpose is for sending bulletins to a community group

This is really more of a stay-connected tool for our company. Different functions, locations, or even hobby groups keep in touch here. Especially with more people working remotely, forums like Yammer are needed to share photos and stories to keep employees engaged and feeling a sense of community.

Pros

This is a great software for sharing random stories with a group in your organization. We have thousands in our organization. One of the Yammer "communities" of my organization is the entire company. It is enjoyable to read posts from others in our organization all around the world. It is more general or light-hearted news that is shared here, such as community service activities, industry trends, inspirational words from upper management. It makes us feel connected. Another way I use Yammer is that all of the hundreds of customer support team members are part of a "community". So when there are important customer service software updates, issues, outages, etc. , this is an easy way for leadership to communicate that information to all of us. And bulletins are all stored here, so if you missed update information from six months ago, you have a place to go to find it.

Cons

It seems there should be an administrator of Yammer within a company. It is a bit disorganized because anyone can create a new community. If an employee wanted to create a community that didn't align with the company's values, there should be administrative control of the process.

Adra Safiya from Tesco Stores (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd

Private social media

Pros

Yammer is a intranet social media that run privately, among the workers of my organization. We have use it for sharing news and memo of our department or organization. We can have a private group that only our department use, or the public forum wheres everyone on the organization can freely communicate with each other.

Cons

Yammer is getting obsolete, as nowadays, no one have use it anymore. There are not new update of feature for the software, so we have lost interest on it. We only use it for to check update from our Administration department, any not using it for anything else anymore.

Katherine from Electric Insurance Company

Yammer Review

Really enjoy using this tool!

Pros

My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge. The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has a feed that you can scroll through daily to get updates. You can also create different pages and make them public or private depending on your need, which I find really useful. My team has created their own page and made it private. We use it to recognize people within the department on achievements, our manager sends out monthly stats and we also use it communicate information to each other. I really like the GIF feature, it definitely brings the humor to some situations!

Cons

It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

Joshua from Quad

Industry: Printing

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Pros

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Cons

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

It's Facebook for your company employees

Yammer is a great networking and collaboration tool for employees, but you need to make sure your employees are willing to use it and follow the best practices you've implemented to keep new content coming in and organized along the way.

Pros

Yammer has the same look and features as your typical social media platform like Facebook. You can create new communities for specific groups, make comments and posts, @ mention other people, upload different media files like photos, videos, attachments, etc. It's a good way to keep your company connected if your employees are engaged in the first place.

Cons

Searching or filtering content was never successful. If you are trying to find old posts with a particular subject or file, you will need to be very specific with your keywords. Even then, Yammer will return a bunch of results for you to sift through. Recommend using tags with your posts if you plan on returning to them in the future. Many people do not do this so it's difficult to search for content.

Darrus from Summit Health Management

Specialty specific physician message board

Pros

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Cons

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Kacie from Arcadia

Facebook for your Coworkers

I used this at my prior company, and HR in particular found it to be rewarding. From celebrating milestone employee birthdays and announcing new hires to promoting newsletter content and collecting charitable donations across the enterprise, Yammer is great for casual announcements. Serious announcements, urgent communications and PR are still best distributed via email. But Yammer is scalable to your company. It can be as streamlined or intricate as you choose.

Pros

Yammer is modelled after social networking platforms, both from function and UI standpoints. So if you can use Facebook, you'll instantly feel comfortable on Yammer. Think of it as a social intranet - post companywide updates and photos, hold contests, have team-specific chats or channels to cut down on inbox clutter, and promote a culture that's both full and well-informed at your office. Yammer allows polls, and you can set up email notifications to make sure you don't miss anything that might be of interest to you.

Cons

Yammer's social function is still a bit lacking, and it doesn't integrate as seamlessly with Office 365 as I'd like. Be sure that your company is thoughtful about what should be communicated on Yammer, and what should still be sent via email. Adoption by other employees was a challenge for us, as it can feel like just anotjher platform to have to check on a daily basis. I did receive feedback from several colleagues along the lines of "I already check my email. It's easier to have all communications go though Outlook. Why would I want to add another platform to my list of things to check?"

Steve from Paper & Forest Products

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Pros

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Cons

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Oluwakorede from Kryptocheddar Ltd

Multi Collaboration tool for Business and Social Purposes!

When it comes to corporate collaboration and communication, yammer has proved to be an effective tool. In terms of having useful talks, chats and meetings with my team members, yammer has been of great help, in terms of cost, i didn't have to pay any substantial amount to get it installed/setup, customer support is also great.

Pros

Yammer is an appropriate tool for collaboration between staff/colleagues in an Organization, it has great customization features which can be tailored to suit the needs of any Organization, and it also supports integration with a wide range of products.

Cons

There is the need for addition of features found on other social platforms to Yammer, this will give yanner a chance to ace out its competitors, I also think it works more like a coporate tool than a social tool. Yammer is also strict with its policy against ads from 3rd parties.

Alexander from Oxy

Industry: Oil & Energy

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

Pros

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

Cons

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Deepak from FIS

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Pros

1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365). 2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos. 3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company. 4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization. 5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Cons

There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points 1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying 2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic. i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

Fernando from Pelissari Gestão e Tecnologia

Its a good content sharing tool

I'm not using Yammer for a long period now, but when I did, I liked it. It has a great potential to be a content manager and a great company social media tool (communication channel).

Pros

Yammer is a complementary tool for sharing information, tutorials and documents inside an intranet. It can complement SharePoint's content management experience for a company. You can create a profile there and interact to other employees in a "social media" like tool. It has many features to create a blog, a tutorial, a wiki and many other things that can help your company to not lose knowledge as the teams keeps changing. New employees can find information and get a smaller learning curve by reading articles that more experienced people may have written on daily tasks or difficult problems that may arise.

Cons

I guess its adhesion was too low. In my company many people just don't like to use it because they don't know what is it exactly. It's such a great tool but looks like it was left aside. Maybe Microsoft could do a little marketing to help it grow and be more known by people all around the world. Maybe Microsoft Teams is more important to they...

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Pros

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Cons

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all. If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Pros

I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Cons

With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

Helen from TAII

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

Arpan from Allscripts

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Pros

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts. - Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Cons

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Timothy from Acosta

Incredible tool for professional use in my company

At this time, I am using Yammer every day without any problem because it facilitates communication with my employees. At first, when I started with Yammer, it was very frustrating to use it, since it was confusing and very difficult to handle, as I was using it, it was understanding and now my employees are happy with their incorporation for me.

Pros

It is a Microsoft program that does not only work with this operating system, it works with several without any problem, it goes quite well and is fast, efficient when it comes to sharing information and group works, since the information is not lost. Thanks to that, over time, he has been updating, he has several functions that are easily found in other social networks, which greatly facilitates messaging and communication.

Cons

Yammer does not have a filter or anything for some messages from other types. Another thing I do not like about Yammer is that it does not update your user interface and that is almost obsolete.

Courtney from Cinemark

Great for Communication

I have thoroughy enjoyed Yammer. When the corporate office didn't send me promotional materials that I needed for a new food item being brought out, I looked to Yammer for other managers going through the same problem. Thankfully, a fellow manager actually created their own promotional sign for this item and shared it through Yammer.

Pros

The best part of this software is the communication aspect. At my job, we use Yammer to communicate new ideas, concerns or questions about our everyday work life with fellow managers throughout the company. It's a great way to share ideas with people who we would have no idea exist without this software.

Cons

I honestly have not found any negatives to this software that I would want to change. Everything is very easy to use and it's nothing but a great product for your company.

Lisa from Penn State University

Company Wide Message Board

Overall, this has been a really great tool for connecting members of our teams that we may never come into contact with, otherwise. I have been able to keep up to date on things that I would not have known was even happening without Yammer.

Pros

I really like that as part of Office 365, I am able to access Yammer from any device. Because we use Yammer as an overall message board, having the ability to create multiple groups has been great. We currently use it to keep track of what is going on around campus, as a way to send updates on programs that are used, and even as a buy/sell/trade group. We can include text and pictures in our posts to help with descriptions.

Cons

The one complaint that I have is that comments often get separated from posts and seem to just be randomly floating around in Yammerland.

Pretty good collaboration tool

Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Pros

My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Cons

If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system. Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system. I have no complaints about the software itself.

Yammer social network

I use Yammer every day for collaboration with my colleagues.

Pros

1. It works pretty fast. Usually Microsoft products are slow but not Yammer. 2. It includes many features you can find in other social networks. 3. It works with different operation systems (I use it with Windows only).

Cons

1. Wiki pages stopped working a few times. I don't know why. 2. UI is pretty old. I think it should be updated.

Reasons for Switching to Yammer

That wasn't my decision. I prefer to use Slack.

Angel from CBN

An outstanding software

It has been a delight whenever we use this feature. It encourages my fellow workers. We have team meetings and it helps us build morale. I like using the Gif feature for a little humor. An excellent tool to build up our communication base.

Pros

I have been exposed to Yammer through CBN. Outstanding software for us. The videos are clear. The pictures are clear and it allows us to communicate as a team. It's almost hard not to be addicted to this feature. I would give it 5 stars and would recommend it to my peers.

Cons

Totally satisfied. I have been using this feature and have found no complaints, whatsoever.

A professional social network in a corporate setting

Pros

It is easier to use and it limits the people within our network. Yammer works like a filter where we can focus on what is happening within the company. It is also a good database and tool to learn from other business units within a large corporation with various cultures, locations and departments.

Cons

There is limited (or I would say, almost no) information about the person. For example, if I want to know more about a person, for example their education, professional history, skills and credentials, most of the times I cannot find this information on that colleague's personal page.

Best Platform for building relations and social networking among on organization.

Yammer is Organization version Facebook. Every organization should have something like this.

Pros

Usage of Yammer is very easy, we can quickly share news/status with other colleagues. This also helps to announces news to all employees, Sometime our organization share news via Yammer. It is very good platform for new comers to know about other colleagues.

Cons

One thing if you don't redirect emails to a folder your inbox will be filled with yammer mails. Initially I had this problem but Now I created rule so they will not come to my inbox. Of-course this is not a negative-side of it.

An employee's Yammer Review

My experience with Yammer is that I am a low level clerk with nobody reporting to me in any capacity. All of the network on any Yammer blog I do are high level banking executives and bankers who I have no shared association with. I am the black Beatle Bailey in General Halftrack's world. (as per the comic strip) Also, I do not appreciate being trolled on my Yammer blog by these people who have implicit biases that are problematic to me. What I want to do is a Yammer blog that is more along the lines of organizational communication as a professional who does not have a proprietary banking interest. My interest in Yammer is as an independent user who want to use Yammer to build his own network for brand identity purposes along with worker morale. All of what I post in my Yammer blogs are about things that my employer does not have a proprietary interest in, and can be shared on any social network within my employer's social network policy.

Pros

This software is fine if your e-mail is tied to the account and you can use this through the company access. I would be happy if I can access this software through my university or my network with Linked-in. (Which includes my employer)

Cons

I am restricted by way of my company access. I am unable to start a new yammer blog from a remote computer outside of the company that I work for. Under my employer's access, I am unable to see my company e-mail outside their intra-net. I am also under my employer's restrictions due to the proprietary data that is of importance to the company, but is of no use to me outside of my employer's work site. Why should I need a company token to access and edit a yammer blog on my laptop that has nothing to do with my employer? (Apart from what I think is slight branding detail that is of importance to my employer, but is is biased and prejudicial to me) I have no use for the technical detail that my employer uses yammer for.

Janelle from PeopleScout

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I am a Yammer junkie!

Yammer allows me to communicate with every single layer of our company - from recruiters to the CEO, president, etc. It has allowed me to network with other people whom I may not have connected with otherwise.

Pros

Yammer is VERY easy to learn, very easy to use, organized and provides TONS of features!! I can message others, post in groups and even create my own groups. I didn't have to read any instructions in order to do any of this either! Very user friendly.

Cons

I honestly have not found anything I didn't like about Yammer. I wish we used this in every role I was in!

Firmwide engagement and collaboration through a single product

A strong tool to support employee engagement efforts and drive digital communications in a timely manner. Also helps to 'humanise' messages through the use of Reactions, GIFs, and/or emojis

Pros

The ability for leadership to engage with staff in an immediate and authentic manner and get real-time feedback for their messages.

Cons

The lack of mature community management tools to tackle unprofessional user behaviour. The most recent update allowing users to Report Conversations lacks the ability to apply HTML styles to the process text.

May 2016

Eric from AppDirect

May 2016

A private facebook for your company

Pros

Yammer is feature rich, with all the features you'd come to expect from Facebook included: Create a profile, add a picture, connect with colleagues, news feed, profile walls, add photos, tag photos, alert users with notifications, etc. If you're looking for a social network for your company this one does a decent, though generic, job. Also they have a freemium edition which has most of the functionality you'd need.

Cons

The main challenge with Yammer is getting people to use it. All the benefits of social networking in the company (knowledge transfer, communication, community building) can be real and valuable, but I've seen many attempts to create an active online community fail at my company. I think only with strong executive buy in will Yammer actually be valuable for a company, and all the great features Yammer adds can't fix this. We didn't have that executive buy-in and Yammer, Chatter, Flowdock, all failed to gain traction

Wilfrido from Accounting

Give support in improving our teamwork.

When we started looking for an internal communication platform and we found Yammer, we found the best option to integrate our community and share the information with all our offices in the many cities we find.

Pros

The simplicity of its use when implementing the initial configurations was really simple. Its use in everyday life as well as the possibility of following up on threads and conversations from the mobile make it really surprising.

Cons

The mobile application specifically for iphone still has options to improve, as well as features to create surveys.

David from visionSynergy

Yammer - a great tool for dispersed teams

Pros

Yammer is fully equipped to serve as my network's central point of contact and communication. We have an international (dispersed) set of folks in my network, and we chose Yammer to be our communication hub. We have set up one work space for each work group - and another for our coordinating team. Not only do we use the group spaces, but the messaging between Yammer group members is extremely efficient and secure. We can write to individuals or create groups for ongoing within-Yammer communication. So even though we have to maintain security of information due to the part of the world we use this in, we have confidence in the security aspects. I also use the iOS Yammer app to access my account and messages.

Cons

I suppose it's meant to be a feature, but in a private message, if I type the name of someone who is also in our Yammer group into the body of a private message, Yammer automatically hyperlinks that person's name in the message as well as adds their name to the send-to list. While this is efficient, and while I can "undo" the link, it could I suppose cause some awkward situations if the sender never intended for that person to receive the message.

Christopher from Iflexion

Supper product for immediate collaboration

I would like to say Yammer is serving a wide range of people in all means by providing fantastic ways of collaboration. I would say if one wants to run business effectively, there should be need of Yammer.

Pros

If I talk about positive aspects of yammer, I would say this is the most advanced product that facilitates people while communications as well as easy ways of sharing information with one another. In order to accomplish tasks immediately, It divides work tasks and there are several networks that deal different departments. One can have access on yammer simply by making profile, afterwards you can have immediate interaction with other coworkers. It is super easy to use without taking specific classes. Yammer app is highly recommended to keep the people up-to-date.

Cons

It is working nice. I hardly have to see issues with it. One of the cons is that sometimes I have to face hurdles during uploading or downloading items. But I do not think that it is a big deal. I hope its efficient company will overcome this issue and I will be seeing better results as well.