All Buildertrend Reviews

Reviewed June 2022

Buildertrend design/construction office review

Jack

Welcome into the 21st Century

9/10, I haven't had any major problems with the software. Theres not too many glitches, and like I said prior if you put the effort into it, it is 100% worth it. No question. Not only that but you have a great support team to back you up, whether you're a techy or not they can really shed some light.

PROS

Phenomenal Software, it should replace everything that a construction company uses. I get that some dont like moving forward to tech, but once you actually put the work into BT to use it, it makes everything so much faster and coordination is top-notch. The fact we can give homeowners access to see whats going on construction wise saves us time and stress. We generally dont need to communicate basic things to them, they can see it for themselves!

CONS

The selections software is still a little bit limited, takes hours of work. Some sort of master template to feed everything would be amazing if it could be implemented in the future. Also the loading glitch, and how I have to "click X" to search another property. Can make going through several properties fast to a chore since it has to refresh so many times.

Jack, thank you so much for your review and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. And I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our Product team.

Replied March 2020

Bronson

Construction, 51-200 employees

BuilderTrend - Simming Pool Remodeling Company

We have had a great experience overall. The software works great, there is little to no downtime, and the customer service team has always been prompt and nice.

PROS

It is cloud based, so you can access it from any computer or phone. The software is semi-customizable, which has allowed us to label and schedule things how we need them. We absolutely love the scheduling portion and the ability to upload daily logs/pictures from the job site for every job. There are a ton of other features that are really useful, such as the owner payment, job costing, and change order sections. Your overall experience will depend on how well you set up the program initially. If you set it up right, it is a great tool.

CONS

While the program is semi-customizable, it is not completely customizable. There is not much they can do to help if you want a feature more customized other than submit a ticket and hope other people are complaining about the same thing. But, that is to be expected with any mass sold cloud based software.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

BuilderTrend had a better price point and they were easier to work with during the startup.

Reasons for switching to Buildertrend

We wanted a solutions where we could use smart phones to access job information and upload daily pictures from the jobs.

Svetlana

Reviewed February 2024

Builder for future

PROS

Customer support was excellent . Navigation through modules . Integration with QBooks.

CONS

this platform mostly design for residential construction but we are municipal /commercial contractors.

Reviewed October 2023

Building a Trend

Was used when advising a custom home builder. His clients loved it. He loved it. His partners loved it. ...but, he was paying $399/mo to use about 10% of its power and realize "10% of the 10%'s" potential.

PROS

Clients and Sub-Contractors love it, and it nails-it with respect to the execution of task scheduling and overall project management, the most essential functions.

CONS

It feels more complicated than it needs to be. Perhaps it's a reflection of their broad and deep capabilities, but I sense and suspect that we're missing out on easily-accessible value-creation potential merely because adoption & utilization is slower than it could/should be due to not focusing on the most high-impact essentials.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Buildertrend! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.

Replied November 2023

Kristi

Reviewed July 2023

Essential to The Business

I spend most of my work life in this software. It is essential to my day to day.

PROS

everything is in one spot. lead management, scheduling, invoices, order tracking/po's, to-dos, EVERYTHING

CONS

It's a little pricey but 100% worth it!!

Hi Kristi, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Buildertrend! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.

Replied July 2023

Jeremy

Thoughts on BuilderTrend from a Remodeling company perspective

Solved the time that it took to email out the schedule to all trades and team now it flows alot better and I answer the phone alot less. Since most of the answers trades and the team are looking for are on BT they can find most of what they need there as long as we input the info they have what they need. BuilderTrend gives me more time and freedom to do what owners of a business should be doing. It was one of the best choices I have made to start using it.

PROS

The scheduling feature is what we use most. Its nice to have all the info to our trades and managers so they are fully aware of the project, can see pictures, and have a full scope of work prior to start date. We use the estimating part of the software as well I do wish the contract section had more detail in it which I think it could if we took some extra time to develop that.

CONS

Very happy now I can have as many job starts as I would like instead of being limited. Little unhappy that I can have only 3 users and have to pay for more than 3. As the owner who does estimates I want access as a user. I also have a designer who does estimates and she needs access. I also have 2 project managers/carpenters that need access to it as well so I will be looking at having to pay for additional users on top of the price increase I have already incurred but making it unlimited job starts. Haven't fully used BT to its full potential but we will at some point. The software is top notch I don't have really any complaints that I can think of at this time.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

Its more intuitive then some of the other programs we were looking at.

Greg

Reviewed June 2019

Great Organizational tool !

I love being able to track all purchases and labor against the original proposal. It allows you to learn where you are making money, and where you are losing, so you can adjust from one project to the next. In this way, you can fine tune pricing to be as competitive as possible in the marketplace.

PROS

I like the level of customization available in the software, it allows me to detail my proposals, and make them look the way I want, so they stand out from the competition. Also love the financials feature, and the schedule, so the client always knows what the project balance is, and what is happening next.

CONS

To fully utilize the software, there is a lot of data to be entered and updated regularly on a large project, which can take a fair bit of time.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

I liked the format and tools better in Buildertrend, and was impressed at how responsive the Buildertrend development team was to changes and updates.

Reviewed December 2023

Builder Trend Review from and established Custome Builder

It has been disappointing. If you are a Coconstruct user I would recommend you wait as long as you can and then either switch to Builder Trend or at that point maybe there will be some better software in the marketplace. Six months in, and tens of thousands of dollars implementing we are 50/50 on whether we will keep it. We keep trying to find work around. We have 10 people on our team and no one is pleased. We are hopeful that they will change. We have asked why they do not adopt more features from CoConstruct and we are told they are considering it. Unfortunately they do not list these changes on the Road Map of changes they say they are working on. We are beginning to think they really do not plan on adopting more of Coconstruct and just say they are to attract Coconstruct's loyal followers.

PROS

The product does look good and they seem well capitalized which bodes well for their longevity. They also bought the software that we used, CoConstruct, and had said they were going to merge the two, taking the best of both software.

CONS

We moved from CoConstruct. Buildertrend has a ton of features but it is not intuitive and does not tie together well. It is a mile wide but an inch thick. It is not designed for the Custom Home Builder, it is for a production Builder software. It does not tie well to Quickbooks either. Overall Builder Trend has lots of features, but they "live" in different silos and one function does not communicate well with the other function. The estimate software is bad, and way too complicated. You cannot condense multiple estimate lines into love category, etc.... The specifications tab does not translate to the selections. You cannot add attachments to the specifications. CoConstruct was a beautiful software that worked wonderfully and was design to be efficient. Builder Trend is not.

Reasons for switching to Buildertrend

Builder Trend bought CoConstruct and since we starting a lot of new jobs we thought it would be the best time. We have been told Coconstruct will close at the end of 2024

Hi John. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Please reach out to our team when you get a chance. We'd love to see how we can better support you through the transition from CoConstruct to Buildertrend.

Replied January 2024

Christopher

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Great versatility for GC and also useful for an architectural drafter

We are able to keep track of more jobs easier with Buildertrend. Our production volume was at our limit before searching for online databases and project management software; with Buildertrend we have been able to make our business work significantly more smoothly, and we have information at our fingertips which in the past was like finding a needle in a haystack.

PROS

Buildertrend is a wonderful way to keep track of what is going on. This includes scheduling; creating, recording and sending documentation; organizing projects neatly; and staying aware of finances. It also has a very helpful Leads section, which helps me keep track of prospects from the earliest stage of when I become aware of them. In a word, I would say I appreciate most the organization which Buildertrend offers.

CONS

To be succinct, the user interface (UI) is decent but could use some improvement. The Files section in particular could use some work. I would like it to be versatile and able to navigate easily. An example of improved versatility is being able to access information in a simpler and faster way, such as Windows Explorer offers in how I see and can analyze various folders and files. An example of easy navigation is being able to tile multiple view windows so I can compare file locations across multiple Jobs to keep similar file types in the same locations, and so I could ensure my folders all have identical names across multiple Jobs

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

It best fit the size of our business as well as offered the precise functions and volume we needed.

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback and review! I have passed your suggestions along to our Product team.

Replied July 2019

Ed

A great Project Management and Communication Platform

My overall experience with Buildertrend has been positive. I run a small homebuilding company, and this tool has allowed me to organize my workflow and communicate with my customers and my sub-contractors efficiently. The iPhone App works great, and Buildertrend allows unlimited storage so I can upload all my pictures into one place for my records. Great Platform! I can't say enough about my Coach and Buildertrend University. Exceptional experience as well!

PROS

I like that it is easy to use. I also LOVE the iPhone app. Once everything has been loaded, I can send large files, communicate effectively, and raise the efficiency of my team and sub-contractors. I also Love the ability to template a project for easy set up of a new project!

CONS

When building significant line item estimates, the browser page has to refresh each time as you switch from the budget tab to the estimate tab. Even with a fast connection, it takes a bit of time to update. Not a big complaint since you can upload a spreadsheet from excel for the initial set up.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

I chose Buildertrend ultimately because of the price, the overall value, and most of all, since they had a great iPhone App. The platform has evolved and has gotten much better and more organized. The pace of the added features and improvements will keep me coming back as a satisfied customer.

Reasons for switching to Buildertrend

At the time that I switched, the other product did not have a native app, so it was like a glorified web browser on my smartphone. That was the main reason why I switched to BuilderTrend.

Tracy

Reviewed June 2023

BuildTrend - Perfect Software for any Builder

Aces!

PROS

This is a great software for a small to mid-size builder. It has all the bells and whistles, plus integrates with QB so no double entry. It is an excellent inexpensive solutions from pre-con to warranty.

CONS

We need to work on the integration between QB and BT. And I believe it is something that is being done.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

Familiarity and more bells and whistles for the same price.

Reasons for switching to Buildertrend

BuilderTrend bought CoConstruct and are moving companies from one to the other.

Hi Tracy, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Buildertrend! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.

Replied July 2023

Dan

Reviewed June 2019

Buildertrend functionality and compatibility with Residential Renovation Company

Buildertrend has proven to be exactly what we were looking for to track daily functions such as Daily logs, change orders, purchase orders etc. The real time inputting of mobile devices and the function of the mobile app are very thorough and invaluable. The new internal user permissions are a bit more difficult to individualize. Edits affect all users within each label so the only way is to create a new title to edit a single user.

PROS

A great construction management tool. Offers flexibility in formatting of different components within the program. Leads are easily tracked with notifications, summary page is very thorough and useful, job info, templates, scheduling, daily logs, To-Do's, Change Orders, time clock c/w geo-fencing, docs & photos, surveys, estimates, bills & PO's, Budget and owner invoices all flow well and again are customizable to fit individual company needs. Owner view is a great option and allows for owner participation and information flow.

CONS

No tax module is addressed within the system. This adds a lot of steps and confusion to make sure taxes are added independently in QuickBooks Online (QB). It also confuses the customer on their Buildertrend site. We send all invoices out of QB for contract invoices and change order invoices. A big negative. A great management tool but weak on the interface with QB.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

Very similar platforms. Without previous experience with a program like this we had to make a choice. We had an introduction online and were offered a concession in price and decided to give it a go. Interestingly enough UDA has tackled the tax issue and got it working from what we understand. We are hoping Buildertrend will do the same.

Dan - thank you for your review and feedback! I've passed your feedback along to our Product team.

Replied July 2019

Stephanie

Great Customizable Software

Prior to Buildertrend, we had to use three programs to manage our jobs and purchase orders, now we just use Buildertrend. We are saving time and are able to keep everything in one spot!

PROS

I love that buildertrend is so customizable. The software was able to be tailored for our specific needs while many of the other programs we looked at were not. The purchase order feature has allowed us to streamline and reduce our expense processing time. The app works well for our field operations and sales reps. Tech support and online chat people are very helpful in quickly answering questions.

CONS

Although it's infrequent, we sometimes struggle with internet connections in storm/rural areas and the software does not have an offline mode. I dislike the receive payment feature as you can't record a payment by itself, you do it inside the invoice and although you can receive partial payments, you can record multiple checks in the payment box

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

The software was customizable and was able to alleviate my pain points with our software and allowed us to reduce the number of programs we were using. The staff was very knowledgeable about their product, and designated me a rep who was familiar with construction and our accounting program for integration.

Reasons for switching to Buildertrend

Large job management - scheduling multiple scopes for multiple buildings, purchase order management between people in the field and admin, customizable document/photo folder organization

Robert

Options

My overall experience has been good. I have been using Builtertrend for a few years and Im happy with the pricing structure and mobility and great to have real time help. I usually dont have trouble with speed and thats a big plus. I can see buildertrend improving its user interface for a little bit easier use and observe the updates that probably come from customer feedback and I like that. I just wish they would happen quicker

PROS

I liked that it covers just about all the bases and has a great notification tool. Lots of good options on how the information is received and shared as well as filter features. The 'All-in-one-place' features are what is great both desktop and the app.

CONS

I dont like that I cant give my subcontractors the same control or permissions as my internal users. For example i would like to give my contractors ability to write a change order as a request the same way that they write an RFI as well as make requested adjustments to the schedule. Also the reporting features are not robust and useful. Much more reporting features needed for big builders that have many projects going on.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

It fit well with our many residential renovation projects and had all the features and more I know our company needed to move quick and have mobility

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! Feedback like yours is what drives us. I'll be sure to pass it along to our Product team. Thank you!

Replied February 2020

Reviewed June 2019

Game changer for our daily operations

Overall we've had a very positive experience and don't foresee us switching anytime soon.

PROS

Having one place to manage all of our field operations has been a game changer. Especially the iunlimited document & photo storage -allowing us to grant access to all paperwork and details to the field team with just a few clicks. The flexibility of the scheduling platform and ability to connect tasks and create interdependent "living" schedules is great and the ability to have multiple levels of permissions for subs/clients & our team is very comprehensive as well and allows us to customize for the way we use the system. Their customer service is top notch and there is always someone available to chat about an issue and they are on top of any issues with updates and consistently adding valuable features to the platform based on very specific user feedback.

CONS

I think they need more work on the Lead/sales managing side of the platform -we had been using ACT customer management system and would love to have the ability to also manage all client contacts and leads in Buildertrend but it is not nearly as comprehensive although they did just roll out a reports function that will help I think more option for customization would be helpful. Even if they were able to integrate with ACT or the like. I also wish they integrated with more accounting software as we use Sage and it is not supported. Admittedly it is not as common as quickbooks but the lack of integration creates more work for us on the accounting side of things.

Thank you for your kind words and review, Jennifer! We also appreciate your feedback on our integrations and our CRM - I will pass that feedback along to our Product team. Thanks again!

Replied June 2019

Katie

Reviewed June 2019

I have used Buildertrend for almost 3 years now and I have appreciated having it.

PROS

I like how easy BuilderTrend is to navigate and use. The system is definitely more user friendly than any other platforms I have used in the past. I also like how visually appealing it is, rather than only focusing on functionality, creators also focused on it being nice to look at every day, which truly does make a difference when working in the same program for hours every day.

CONS

The quickbooks connection to desktop is very very clunky and can can and has caused major issues for us in the past. In terms of accounting, there are somethings that could be better. I would like to be able to see what has been sent over vs. what has actually been paid out to a sub, so the builder can tell without having to ask the accounting department whether or not someone has actually been paid, a more detailed status report would be great. I would also like for it to play better with the "projects tab" in quickbooks. Quickbooks has made a great projects tab, but it is not usable without how the information is brought over. this may not be possible, but it would be nice. :) Buildertrend is designed mostly for custom builders in the way that it is designed to connect homeowners and use allowances. I would like in the future if there were more production building type features.

Reason for choosing Buildertrend

We are a small company and it was the most cost appropriate product for us, others are nice because they are custom build to the way you do business, but they are way out of our budget.

dennis