• Pros

• "i like it that there are different sections for different tasks and locations. very user friendly."

• "Buildup is an easy to use very effective tool to record and track punch work. "

• "Easily tracks punch items. Filters makes selecting contractors easy. Photo documenting is a great feature. Sending a deficiency list is very easy. "

• Cons

• "I dislike that you cannot delete any activities once they are marked in the app."

• "Speech recognition could use some fine-tuning "

• "It would freeze up at times and also could not open the app at times. "

Browse Buildup Reviews

Tyler from Turner Construction Company

Buildup is a great tool to collaborate in real-time across a large project.

It is speeding up our closeout, extensively documenting deficiencies in the field so they can be fixed, and shrinking the size of our punch list.

Pros

Easy to use in the field, the mobile app is great. Issues are easy to accurately identify. You can show where the issue is by unit, drop a pin, and take a photo to help communicate what you are seeing in the field. Data processing is easy with many filtering options, commenting capability on every issue, and the approval process between the Subcontractor, GC, and Consultants.

Cons

The filtering options are great, but custom reports could be better. This would make architects, engineers, and consultants like the app much more. Tracking general/recurring issues could be better. The list gets cluttered quickly when adding issues to many units at a time. The notifications can't be customized very much. Most people on site don't look at the general emailed reports.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2018

Hello Tyler, Thanks for the review and the feedback. We are actually already developing more options for custom reports. I have also forwarded your feedback to the development team as we are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide more value. We will continue to keep you posted on new features and developments. Cheers!

Anita from Greystar

Teams preferred choice in Punch Tool

Overall it's the tool that is preferred by our filed teams creating punch items.

Pros

Buildup is an easy to use very effective tool to record and track punch work.

Cons

Creating reports is extremely difficult. It's a great tool for in-field punch items but office administration of the information collected is difficult manage.

Reasons for Choosing Buildup

Very effective tool for the field teams to use and manage.

Response from Buildup

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Updating our executive reporting is a high priority on our development list. We hope to incorporate this soon and will be reaching out to receive your input on reporting.

Dan from Schernecker Property Services

Great potential to become a regular tool in project management.

We primarily used this for Punchlist work on construction projects. As a punchlist tool, it compares favorably to some of the other programs that are either way too restrictive or way too detailed an resource heavy (like a BIM360). This is a great core product with a bright future.

Pros

I love the ability to keep a live punchlist on a project that is able to be shared among my team. It is helpful to know I can go in and see that one of my team members has already addressed an issue and I have the photo backup to prove it was completed correctly. The ability to set and adjust deadlines is also very beneficial so all parties know the expectation. You can set a standard timeframe of "7 days to complete" once entered into the system and no matter when you document the issue the due date automatically adjusts to 7 days out. The user interface (UI) is neat on the app. The ability to apply a single issue to numerous project locations and/or crews is helpful in saving data entry time. Customer service was attentive to my issues and informed me that my feedback hit on several items that were in production for an update rollout. They seemed very genuine and I look forward to those minor adjustments.

Cons

Ultimately it is hard to share with less tech savvy crews, and the lack of ability to remove or edit a photo attached to an issue while inside the mobile app is frustrating because sometimes you choose the wrong image (a feature Customer Service confirmed was in production). It would also be nice if the photos, when taken, were also stored locally on my phone (even if at a lesser resolution) just to have a local reference in lieu of having to go back to the app to view it. When providing punchlists to less tech savvy crews we have to resort to a printed format. However, the various "printed" formats of the punchlist either make the photos too small to be beneficial or include more data columns than the crew needs which just wastes paper space. Being able to customize a printed "issues report" would be a neat feature in the future. The crews really benefit from seeing the issue, reading the description of the issue, and knowing which part of the project is it on that is where the focus of a printed report needs to be. The UI has a little more room for improvement.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hello Dan, Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for mentioning how you love having the ability to keep a live punch list on a project. We have shared your comments with the development team. We are working on the customized reports and a new UI for the mobile app. As always, feel free to share any other feedback through support@buildup.co. Cheers!

It does exactly what you need it to

We tried many ways to document and track punch list items during the commissioning process. This is by far the easiest to use. Works the same on all devices.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use. It allows for quick documentation of items requiring corrective action with photos, markups, plans, and notes tied direct to the item. Add a punch item in seconds. Assign it to the responsible party and track it throughout its completion. Everyone is on the same page.

Cons

There are no significant drawbacks to this software.

Cost, ease of use.

Response from Buildup

Replied September 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback! Please let us know about any further ideas you might have for future development.

Phenomenal tool for tracking punch work but brutally cumbersome/rigid when crafting reports or

It is a great app for tracking punch work across projects.

Pros

Buildup is an extremely effective tool when using its app to record and track the completion of punch work. It very easily allows you to mark an issue, take a photo, categorize details and then follow up with a photo once the issue has been addressed. I primarily use the app to keep track of punch list items on a large-scale construction project as these items can add up to the hundreds/thousands. It is also easy to retitle, move, or duplicate issues from different buildings or crews. this is a wonderful app but in the sense that it streamlines the punch process.

Cons

Buildup would be far more useful if everything could be done from the phone. This application is unbelievably cumbersome. To be more plain about it. The app is great for recording information but completely horrible for doing anything with that info. You can't add or edit brackets from your phone ie: buildings/units/etc.. You cannot mark degrees of progress on issues. you can only mark if it was completed. The website is brutal. Information does not seem to always show up in a consistent format. Once you log in, the website opens with a breakdown of data. This would be great but the breakdown is not customizable so It's unhelpful in understanding my issues. The greatest thorn to the app is that it is not helpful is doing anything with the data. Reports are not customizable. They are good for telling crews where and what issues need to be addressed. They are not good for reporting or presenting to clients what is going on during the project/punch process. You can't shift the columns around. Photos are not enlargeable on reports. You cannot select the specific info you want on the reports. You can't even export the info into excel or word so that you can make your own report. I have often needed to go back to re-record entire buildings worth of items just so that I could make a report with the exact information already in buildup.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your feedback and review, and for mentioning how it helps you easily keep track of punch list items on a large-scale construction project. We have shared your comments and feedback with our development team. We use such feedback to continually improve our product for our users. Cheers!

BuildUp Review

Pros

I love the ease of use and the buildup team. I was able to give them all the drawings and directory I wanted on the software, they uploaded it immediately and I was able to begin punchlisting items for all of my trades. The software is easy to use and I enjoy being able to pin locations directly on the plans on my phone and tablet.

Cons

There were times items were not loading or people were having issues wherein they could not find the plans. However, we were able to get this resolved with the Support team as they were very responsive and helpful.

Response from Buildup

Replied September 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback! Our team is hard at work fixing the loading issues. Please let us know if you have further feedback to share.

Brian from Mill Creek Trust Residential

While in the beginning Buildup was a bit buggy and laggy, it has since changed and very useful.

Didn't have to hand write deficiency list for contractors. Easily track open items. Has a history so you can back track if needed.

Pros

Cons

Can kill a battery pretty fast. At times force closures can be annoying. Sometimes the camera won't activate. Easy for trades to falsify corrected items.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2018

Hi Brian, Thank you for the review and the feedback! I have forwarded your feedback to the development team and we are always finding ways to improve the experience. As always, the next time you encounter any issue, please feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co and we will be on it. Thanks again!

Anthony from Millcreek Residential trust

Love it for punching out and all of my subcontractors love it to

Pros

User-friendly all of my subcontractors get emailed on a daily basis also they can find the area very easy by looking at the picture very simple to print out for some of the subcontractors that do not want to download it on their phone

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hi Anthony, Thanks for your feedback and for mentioning how much your subs love it. We continue to strive to make it as user friendly for all project stakeholders. As always, feel free to shoot us any additional feedback and/or product feature suggestions at support@buildup.co. Cheers!

Donigan from Greystar

Very easy to use this software. Really saves time because the items are sent to subcontractors

Pros

Easy to use and pinpoint exactly where the issues exist. Subcontractors are updated daily. Easy to review and close out items.

Cons

There is sometimes issues with viewing pictures when not connected to WiFi. There is sometimes an issue with the app lagging when using without a WiFi connection.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hi Donigan, Thanks so much for your review and feedback, and for mentioning how it really saves you time and how it helps with your collaboration with subs. As always feel free to shoot us a note at support@buildup.co for any other comments. Cheers!

Brandon from Focus

Easy Tasking

I'm solving delays in the follow up process and putting all communication into one place to prevent misinformation.

Pros

The software is easy to use on the phone, tablet or using their website. It also addresses all of the biggest concerns/issues that i have with other punchlist apps because it allows you to assigned trades in sequence.

Cons

I often like to add the tasks on my phone while i'm walking around, but then finalize the info once i get back to the office since i can type faster on my laptop. The issue with this is that i can't complete the process by adding people in sequence if i'm using the online version.

Response from Buildup

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review Martin! We're working to update the sequences feature with a few different changes. We appreciate the feedback!

Christopher from Schernecker Property Sevices

Simple interface for entering items. Simple to use in field for creating lists. Needs Refinement.

manage punchlist easier

Pros

I like the ability to take pics and input tasks in in the field, and that info is immediately available. Through the browser , searching and filtering tasks are easily done, and printing reports can be done quickly through the browser, though there is no option for mobile printing . The concept is great and it has fell into regular use with my company.

Cons

There a few items that could be addressed to make this app even better. The biggest issue that I have when using the Buildup is that it seems to have sketchy web connectivity. Sorting and filtering works fantastic, but it can be a bit clunky while it refreshes. : The ability to edit how the printable forms are displayed would be great as well. We rely heavily on the pictures that we take, but when we print up the reports it can be a blittle hard to see what the item actually is. Also the ability to both capture Before and after pictures, as well as display before and after pictures by choice would be great. The ability to add AREAS, UNITS, etc., from mobile should be made available. Printing from mobile as well.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hi Christopher, Thanks for the review. And thanks for giving us 5 starts on customer support -- we work hard to provide the best support for our users. We are continually working to improve product performance and are also developing a new version of customized reports. I have forwarded your other comments and feedback to the product development team. As always, feel free to contact us at support@buildup.co. Cheers!

Rosilo from Focus Construction

Build up Review for Savoy on the Park

Working with build up was a great experience. It allowed me to finish punching units a lot faster than plagrid and also was able to connect me with trades via phone thru the app on completion of items. It was great that I did not have to send report after I punch a certain amount of units and instead it automatically was sent upon completion of each punched item

Pros

Very easy to use, saved time punching units

Cons

It would freeze up at times and also could not open the app at times.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Rosilo! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We appreciate it. We strive to provide an easy and productive experience. Pease feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co if you have any more feedback you'd like to share. Thanks again!

moshe from ray builders

finishing touches

i think it saves the phone call between vendors and really in the end it saves time and money

Pros

Cons

if there is one thing that i dont like is.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Moshe! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We have shared your comments and feedback to the development team as we are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide more value to our users. If you have future input, feel free to reach out at support@buildup.co Cheers!

Alberto from Focus

Feedback

This has been helpful in knowing what trades are not performing in. the filter option was amazing if there were a lot of outstanding items, because I could just print it and give it to the trades and tell them to get it done.

Pros

The ease of Use. I am glad the Buildup team help set up everything in the beginning and therefore, all i had to worry about was creating the tasks for the trades to complete. It saved a lot of money on my end and that in itself is worth alot.

Cons

There are times photos or pictures would not load if i was in a building. I think if there was an option to have an "offline" mode where you can download all pictures and files before you go in a building, it would be helpful.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Alberto! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, as we are always searching ways to improve the user experience. Offline Mode is a feature we are currently working on, and I would be happy to contact you when it is released. If you have any additional comments, please feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co Thanks again!

William from Greystar Construction

One of the easiest ways to do your punch list.

Pros

You can attach pics to your punch list. How easy it is to send emails to your subcontractors. It's easy for our subs to understand. How there are not a lot of items to pull up to do the punch list. Pull up the building, the unit and start typing and taking pics.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hi William, Thanks for the review and the feedback. As always, feel free to send us any other comments at support@buildup.co. Always great to hear from you! Cheers!

scott from Lennar multi family LLC LMC

great

Stated previously

Pros

After using this program on our last project and ironing out bugs we found this to be a great way to compile,manage,and track all of our list and issues as well as it aided our contractors and their ability to finish their work completely and document it as well.

Cons

Speech recognition could use some fine-tuning

Mike from SPS Inc

After the initial hiccups, Great.

Pros

Ease of use. Like anything, it takes a little to get used to, but once you are familiar with app, very user friendly. You are able to go to desktop version and edit or add/deduct different options to tailor to your needs. I love to be able to take photos and mark them up to better show issues.

Cons

Not so much an active issue, but early on program had a lot of bugs that needed to be worked out. There was several times where we had to get support due to app freezing and shutting down while in use, but those have since been addressed and program is great.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2018

Hi Mike, Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and add value, so thanks for mentioning that your previous issues with the app have sine been resolved. As always, please feel free to send us any other comments and feedback at support@buildup.co. Cheers!

Art from Greystar

Construction QC Manager

Well mainly, using this program vs doing it the old fashion way by paper, in it's self is a huge benefit.

Pros

One thing I like is that have App updates, to keep the program running smooth and current, also it fixes bugs.

Cons

Every once in a while, there might be a glitch, but it's usually fix asap.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Art! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments. As always, the next time you encounter any issue, please feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co Thanks again!

Scott from LMC

Great App that is being fine tuned

Pros

Ease of tracking/ time stamping/ with photo capability. Help managers and trades be held accountable by who/what/when/where process. Great app overall for managing at all levels.

Cons

Sometime sluggish interface/ freezing screen. Some syncing issues between apps on a couple devices. Easy growing pains that are being addressed promptly though.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hey Scott! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate it! I have forwarded your comments to the development team, as we are always finding ways to improve the user experience. As always, the next time you encounter any issue, please feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co Thanks again!

Allan from KBS

Buildup

My overall experience has been very good. The app is a great tool and reminder for punch list items.

Pros

I like that the app saves, sends out, and reminds crews that a punch list item needs to fixed or be resolved in the set amount of time.

Cons

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Allan! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We have shared your comments and feedback about deleting activities to the development team. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide more value to our users. If you have future input, feel free to reach out at support@buildup.co Thank you!

Jason from KAST Construction

it was very difficult and slow to use. This was our Client's software and they had same experience.

Pros

The ability to insert photos into line items while writing the deficiency. The ability to view the deficiency online and be able to sort reports easily.

Cons

The interface can be slow and cumbersome. It will save things when you don't want to save and not save things when you need to save, causing it to lose the line item. It had a tendency to lock up quite often as well, or lose the internet connectivity.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hi Jason, Thanks for your review and feedback, and for mentioning how you like the ability to view the deficiencies online and to be able to sort reports easily. We also noticed that you have not used the app since October. There have been major updates and changes since, specifically on app performance and stability. We encourage you to try again. As always feel free to send us any other feedback or comments at support@buildup.co Cheers!

Jason from Greystar

Buildup is easy to navigate, creates punch lists in record time.

Pros

Generates a punch list with pictures that's accurate. Easy to monitor trades response to issues. Close out process is simple with acceptance signatures and printing capability.

Cons

Nothing! App does drain the batteries on mobile devices quickly, therefore I carry backup batteries.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2018

Hello Jason, Thanks so much for your feedback and for giving us 5 stars for ease of use. We work hard to make sure that users of Buildup will not have difficulty in using our app. I have forwarded your comment on how fast it drains batteries to our development team. As always, for any other comments or feedback, please feel free to shoot us a note at support@buildup.co. Thanks. Jean

Derek from SPS Inc.

Buildup has allowed my construction team and I accurately track issues and close out items.

It makes the punch-out process and inspection process easy, especially for someone who has to climb ladders and roofs while carrying a tool to do the inspections.

Pros

I love the ease of use when logging an issue in Buildup from the initial description of the issue to the photo of the issue. Its just so easy. It actaully makes it enjoyable to go out and perform a punchlist without having to worry about carrying around pen and paper while climbing roods and ladders.

Cons

Perhaps if there was a more intuitive way to assign a universal issue to a number of buildings or parts of a construction project.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2018

Hi Derek, Thanks for the review and for the feedback! We are in the process of building a feature where you can assign a universal issue to a number of buildings at the same time. We will keep you posted. Thanks again!

Joe from KBS

Build up

The overall experience has been awesome so far, great app.

Pros

Easy to manage and control punch list items.

Cons

I don’t like that you can not delete activities even if they were a mistake.

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Joe! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We have shared your comments and feedback to the development team as we are constantly looking for ways to improve and provide more value. If you have future input, feel free to reach out at support@buildup.co

Mato from Civil Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Buildup

Pros

simplicity of writing and sending to my subcontractors and forwarding to superiors, I like to enter the photo in the text to explain the text with the picture myself

Cons

Once disobedient, it fights online where I have a perfect relationship but I hope these are very small issues

Alexa from Focus Construction

First Time Punching Units

Pros

I love how easy and user friendly the phone app is. Most of the foreman in charge of punch list were very hesitant to download and use it. However, after walking each individual foreman through the account creation, download, and quick run through (about 5 minutes), they all caught on immediately and were on board.

Cons

It's currently still in development. I've spoken with customer service several times and a lot of the features I've requested are actually intended to be implemented, but the software hasn't gotten that far yet.

Response from Buildup

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the review Alexa! We'll let you know of updates to our software as soon as they become available.

Solid Little Tool

Pros

Buildup is simple and easy to use. It solves a problem we all knew we had for years.

Cons

Nothing that really sticks out that I truly don't like

Response from Buildup

Replied April 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback of Buildup! Please let us know if you think of other input to improve your experience using Buildup

Luis from Saglo Development

Pros

I like the tractability of the projects. You can see which tasks are out dated/expired so that way nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I have experienced a lot of issue with closing tasks. In addition, I've noticed that when you are setting up a new task the previous settings or sections (like categories) remain selected. I would prefer if they would be reset every time you are in the process of setting up a new task.

Response from Buildup

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review of Buildup. We'll be in touch shortly to gather more information on your suggestion regarding the autocomplete. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions.

Stelica Alin from VMS

Build app 5 star

Pros

The ease of use and pretty good applcation for construction building

Cons

syncronisation is a bit slow can be improved

Response from Buildup

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along this information to the team.

Mandisa from Greystar Europe Holdings Ltd.

Used Buildup on a project in London in 2018

its been great.

Pros

Easy to set up, straightforward to use, reports generated are useful.

Cons

If you don't update your software, the list wont update. I think there should be a push notification to advise you to update your software

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hi Mandisa! Thank you for the review and the feedback! I have forwarded your feedback to the development team and we are always finding ways to improve the experience. As always, the next time you encounter any issue, please feel free to reach out to support@buildup.co and we will be on it. Thanks again!

Rebecca from McCuaig and Associates Engineering Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to Use, Great features

Tracking deficiencies on a large project is easy with Buildup. Finding information and creating reports for clients was fast and efficient.

Pros

Ease of use and minimal training requirement was the best part of this software. The contractors were able to start using it right away.

Cons

The constant data usage caused the battery life on the devices to deplete quickly.

Response from Buildup

Replied July 2019

Thank you very much for your review of Buildup! We appreciate the feedback. Let us know if anything else comes up as you continue to use the app.

Leah from Focus Construction

Super Easy To Use

Pros

We love the ease of use and how easy it is to share reports and forward to subcotractors

Cons

We haven't been using the program for that long to experience any negatives. It makes communicating punch items so easy

Response from Buildup

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to make Buildup a fast and easy to use tool. Let us know if you think of any additional feedback as you continue to use Buildup on your projects.

Rita from cumberlandfarms

Easy To Use

Friendly and fast service.

Pros

Great customer service and easy to use software

Cons

They work on any issue you bring up. so not many cons right now

easy to use

Response from Buildup

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for your review! Please let us know if you think of any other feedback to incorporate into Buildup. We enjoy working with you!

Trey from KBS

Construction use

Pros

The ability to instantly track events and repairs as well as have a record of the issue.

Cons

The time required to set up the labeling.

Response from Buildup

Replied March 2019

Hi Trey! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are always looking for ways to improve our users experience. If you have future input, feel free to reach out at support@buildup.co Cheers!

Jared from Mega Contracting Group

Buildup review

Pros

The program is very easy to use and keeps our team organized

Cons

I have no major issues with the software

Response from Buildup

Replied February 2019

Hello Jared, Thanks for the review and the feedback. If you have future input, feel free to reach out at support@buildup.co Cheers!