CoConstruct Software Reviews

CoConstruct Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Have you used CoConstruct and would like to share your experience with others?

All CoConstruct Reviews

Christopher

Great Project Team Communications

Pros

The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons

On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

A Must for Construction Project Management

Overall experience has been great. I have to say that every time I call into Tech Support, the tech who answers has always been able to solve my issue or answer my question without passing me to someone else. Rare in this software-driven world of foreign tech support/passing down the line.

Pros

Our clients, trades and entire team have ONE site, both computer and mobile, to visit to access all of the necessary information, specifications, budgets, jobs schedules, etc.

Cons

I need additional estimating integration with my estimating software and currently have to manually enter my estimates vs. pushing takeoff data real-time directly into my estimates. Hopefully that will come with time!

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

At the time, many years ago, Co-Construct was the only one with Schedules accessed via mobile devices.

Sean

Free Trial is a Scam!

Free Trial is a scam! They don't provide any real experience with use of the software. Sales Consultants tell you that the only way to see how the software works is to sign up to the so-called "Free" trial. Although we ask them to implement templates, spends tens of hours to trial the software. Once we decided not to use it due to its big flaws in scheduling, accounting and day to day operation, they confirmed its all good and the refund will be processed. Later on, when I went through our Credit Card statement, I realised they never refunded. When I contacted them, they said we had to go through three official implementation sessions. Why should we go through Online Implementation Sessions if after getting to the details, the sales consultants confirm that it won't do what we need it to do!? What a scam!

Pros

Some general functionalities were okay but you can never try the actual software without purchasing the trial, so it looks good on the surface only.

Cons

Major flaws in accounting, scheduling and day to day job management such a submitting variations via phone.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

Scheduling, Accounting, day to day Job Management.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

Great software, great support team, honest sales consultants.

Response from CoConstruct

Sean This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I wanted to personally respond since we'd never want one of our customers to have what sounds like a bait-and-switch situation. I am having our team confirm that your refund was processed. If it wasn't for some reason, we'll make sure it is. Secondly, I want to clarify about the "free trial," since we have never offered a free trial in our 15-year history, nor used that "trial" language on our website. Some of our competitors do use that term (even though they don't actually offer free trials, either). So, I wanted to dispel concerns about our offer. However, you did sign up at a time when we offered a money back guarantee, which we'll absolutely make sure we fulfill. Finally, I hope we can reach out to get your concerns about the product itself. We don't try to be all things to all companies, but we can't improve if we don't ask. Thanks for posting, and I hope this addresses at least the most pressing of your concerns.

Replied June 2020

Leslie

Changing Lanes

We were completely satisfied with CoConstruct! It is a really well thought out program with great support. If it made since for us to keep the software during our transition we would have!

Pros

We really loved creating templates for specifications and being able to incorporate these into a proposal. This software works seamlessly with quickbooks allowing us to keep track of financials alongside the project.

Cons

In the end the software became too expensive for our small firm, and honestly it was a little more than we needed (we transitioned from a design/build to strictly a design firm).

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

At the time, we needed a more construction related software.

Response from CoConstruct

Leslie -- Thanks for all of the great feedback. We're sorry to see you go from CoConstruct, but we understand. We are great for design/build firms, who can use an unlimited number of projects at no additional charge for managing their design projects, including with customer communication, for as little as $199/mo, and then have all of that job data flow directly into the construction management side of the company. But, we were designed for companies that have a construction component of their business, so if you're only doing design now, I see where it may not be a fit. Hopefully you can send your design clients to contractors in your area who use CoConstruct, so the clients still get the benefit of it and you can still utilize it as a partner user of the contractor.

Replied March 2020

AUTUMN

Great product for any area of construction

The best experience I had with Co-construct was when I got lost in a new construction home and could not for the life of me find my way back to the stairs. But then I remembered that I had the app on my phone and that the plans had been uploaded and I was able to get the plans on my phone and find my way out of the house.

Pros

Time keeping and scheduling were the most used features for us. Having the ability to add and share info in real time and to chose who you are sharing that information with is super helpful.

Cons

I didn't like that sometimes the app would freeze and I wouldn't be able to clock in or out. Or I would clock in or out but the app would take too long to register my actions and then it wouldn't show up on the time clock.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

It was basically the same functionality for almost half the cost. It was a no-brainer.

Cara

CoConstruct for the win

We are a small custom home renovator & home builder and co-construct allows us to compete with larger companies for the same projects. Gives us a professional foot forward with proposals and gives clients access to the project via job logs.

Pros

Cloud based, intuitive, limits rework, improves communication, captures important project information

Cons

Schedule program can be improved. Still way more intuitive than Office Project, which was used before.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

I selected Co-Construct based on pricing and the constant innovation the company is doing, they are always improving and open to suggestions. Customer service is top notch, great staff and very responsive via phone & e-mail. It also integrates well with our billing system - QuickBooks.

Ed

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

Pros

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

Cons

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

I really liked the communication feature so that we could commutate on each individual task.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

The Customer Communication feature and the schedule was not cumbersome to update.

Shellina

Excellent product !!!

I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently. The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros

How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button. The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons

I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

The interface seemed to be more user friendly, creating quotes and estimates was our main problem, we felt that Co-construct has better tools to help us build quotes suitable to our business.

Grant

CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

Pros

CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

Cons

Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

We signed up at the IBS in Las Vegas and like the promotion you were running there. Also we liked having access to the specs and selections at any level of service for CoConstruct. You had to pay more to get access to that with BuilderTrend.

Aaron

Excellent Software Tailored For The Industry

I am shifting all of my company's operations to either live on or interact with CoConstruct because of how robust the software is, and because it is forcing me to use the industry's best practices.

Pros

The abundant features are clearly the result of years of work implementing users' requests. Most of my ideas are already features.

Cons

The interface can be a little bit clunky at times, and once in a while there is not a convenient link where I expect one.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

CoConstruct is carefully tailored to my industry and includes everything I need to manage my company efficiently and with excellent customer service.

Dwayne

Absolutely the Best

Pros

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature for us. Estimating is super easy and then over the the budget sheet to see how you are tracking with your profits. The schedule and how all tasks are able to have assigned team members or trade partners to them is essential to maintain your schedule and for the clients to see this all going on is crucial. The ability to keep all your photos and files in one location of on specific specifications is amazing. Best of all the overview page shows you and your clients in a snapshot where the project is at.

Cons

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Reasons for choosing CoConstruct

I used it as a trial and loved it.

Ease of use and support

Peggy

Time used: Free Trial

March 2013

We are a custom home builder in Western Colorado that has continued to grow each year, making it imperative for all of our team members to be on the same page. Prior to Co-construct, the client or subcontractor would call/text/email our superintendent. The superintendent would take care of the problem and possibly forget to pass the information along, resulting in an invoice that was over my original estimate. I would then call the superintendent (or subcontractor/vendor) to get clarification, and spend a lot of time double checking something that was just not passed along. Sometimes the superintendent or subcontractor/vendor could find the old text/email to refresh their memory, but sometimes they couldn't. This would possibly result in calling the client to refresh our memories as to what their selection choice would be. What a huge waste of time for each of us. When we came across Co-construct at the International Builder Show a couple of years ago, we met with Donny Wyatt, who was very informative and patient. He had me sold on the software before I even walked away from the booth. It did take me some time to convince everyone on our team that this would improve our communication and organization skills, and not just add time-consuming data entry and still not make us more organized. As some months went by, I watched the online informational videos and talked to my husband {the builder}, our superintendent, our subcontractors, and our vendors. I explained to them that after just a few days of data entry done initially 100% by me, they could all see the specifications for this or that, and there would be no misunderstandings whether the customer wanted this item currently or if they had changed their mind. Not one of them could tell me anything that seemed negative about this. However, some suggested it might be difficult to use. We have been using Co-construct for about a year now. Implementation was so easy, after a couple of silly questions on my part for over thinking it, and we have built several templates that we use regularly. All of our subcontractors and vendors and team members are so happy to have quick access to schedule information, specification sheets, and customer approval information. There is no longer a communication delay if someone forgets to pass on information, resulting in more delays or extensive research through old paper files. We are all updated and on the same page in real time. My customers are very pleased with Co-construct. It makes it simpler for them to communicate specific questions, share drawings, or to simply view their selection items at their pace in the comfort of their own home, car, or even three thousand miles away on the beach. We all watched the training videos and were using the system within days of buying it. It has been simple to use for all of us, including the persons who are not terribly computer proficient. When we have had any questions, the customer service has been fabulous and they ALWAYS get back to us quickly and professionally no matter how small the question. Co-construct has simplified our communication and interactions and saves us a lot of time that could be used getting more jobs or relaxing with our family. It has allowed us to take on more jobs simply by being more efficient with our time. Our clients love it and it makes us look and feel more organized in a more simplified manner.

Jon

A HUGE win for construction companies trying to go to the next level. Especially custom builders.

Pros

As a previous user of a competing software, I have found CoConstruct to be a HUGE win for our company. We are in a process of growth, and with growth comes an increasing need for organization and structure. CoConstruct has helped us master organization and communication for our office staff, field staff, and customers. We can do our estimate in the software, which then translates to a completed Specs/Selections sheet for the customers. In other software we have used, we had to do double entry. Not in CoConstruct. One time and you're done. Potential customers are blown away when we show them what we can do with this software. Most of our customers are out of town during the build, so knowing that their project managers will be uploading Job Logs regularly with photos of the construction progress is a big deal to them. The software support is also pretty incredible. During our transition, we were assigned an "implementation coach" who spoke to us weekly, trained us, and addressed any issues we were having with the conversion. This is truly what made the conversion successful for us.

Cons

It does take some time and effort into making things work how you want them. It is a flexible software with many different solutions, so you need to spend some time and think about how you want it to look and function. The great thing is, they have several templates in there for you to start with if you do not have your own. If you're looking for a software solution to take your company to the next level, make a commitment, spend the time, take advantage of the FREE implementation coaches at CoConstruct, and get it done. You won't regret it.

Bailey

January 2016

Co-ConstructIVE

Pros

This business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor do I spend much time working with our subcontractors in-person. This program easily allows me to keep a strong grasp on the scheduling and organization of our jobs, keep an open dialogue with everyone involved and it allows me to stay informed on what is going on with each site. Not to mention, it's very straight forward and user friendly for everyone. On top of it, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort the team makes in always trying to better the product and take our suggestions into consideration, as well as taking time to talk with us any time we need assistance or have something to contribute.

Cons

I think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.

CoConstruct is Dedicated Professionals

Pros

The customer service and dashboard resource articles and videos are extremely helpful. CoConstruct spent a lot of time and effort making sure customers had what they needed to use and understand how to use the software. We just left CoCamp and wow...... CoCamp was very helpful and needed because switching over to new software is a big deal, especially when you got systems in place that took awhile to setup. CoConstruct has most of the features we expect and they are always listening to what is needed.

Cons

We would like little more customization on trade partner naming/grouping, minor terminology customization, po options etc. However, we are really just beginning to use this feature loaded software so its a journey we are excited about.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

Contractors Cloud is more geared for roofing, insurance and exterior projects. CoConstruct is geared for both with a emphasis on more complex projects, which is what we need to minimize human error and make sure our objectives are on track effectively.