What are FastDUCT users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FastDUCT software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like being able to design and take-off material and labor at the same time. It's easy to make changes and see the results quickly."
  • icon"Ease of use and ability to train others to use. Seeing what is being taken off as you go."
  • icon"The ease of use is fantastic. Ability to import new drawings and revised drawings is great."
  • icon"Difficult to add some specialty items to catalog for repeated use."
  • icon"There is no shortcut keys within this software. That means all repetitive tasks need to be clicked through step after step."
  • icon"An example would be to insert a metalbetsos catalog ,or a norfab. Also the workbook they provide is full of errors that take time to fix."

Browse all FastDUCT Reviews

• Have you used FastDUCT and would like to share your experience with others?

Jeffrey

Excellent software

FastDUCT overall is an excellent choice to make if you want speed and detail. The price is also very reasonable

Pros

This product has all the bells and whistles you need, fast and easy to learn, on screen takeoff, and the ability to customize to suit your style of working. The people there are always ready to answer questions when the need arises. This product along with Fastpipe is used daily by me and I highly recommend you give it a try.

Cons

I can't think of any at the time of this review. This product has it all covered.

Reasons for choosing FastDUCT

It made sense to buy my plumbing and hvac software from the same company.

Reasons for switching to FastDUCT

The price and ease of use FastDUCT provided has been an easy choice

Mathew

PSM - FastDUCT Review

I'm our HVAC Estimator, I commonly put together estimates in the mid six figure range and I can't imagine trying to do this without FastDUCT. We had looked at other software solutions but this is the best one we found hands down.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and understand. Product support is excellent.

Cons

Wish there were keyboard shortcuts for common functions and the ability to click two end points to fill in duct.

Reasons for choosing FastDUCT

Other products were too generic to fit our needs. They were "estimating software" not purpose built for the HVAC industry.

Response from FastEST

Thank you very much for your review, Mat! We appreciate your feedback. We added a larger, more customizable menu of keyboard shortcuts to our latest software version, which I believe your company is currently running. So please let us know if you have any questions about those. And we don't currently have the AutoConnect feature in our FastDUCT program (like we do in our FastPIPE system), but we will definitely put it on our requested features list for prospective development down the road. Thank you again for your review, Mat!

Thomas

Sheet metal Commerical use.

The one biggest benefit of this program is the time it saves.

Pros

This product is really easy to use. It save a lot of time and you can teek it to match most of your needs.

Cons

You are unable to create your own catalogs and pricing. Some of fast Duct prices are way out of line. An example would be to insert a metalbetsos catalog ,or a norfab. Also the workbook they provide is full of errors that take time to fix.

Reasons for choosing FastDUCT

Fastduct was brought to the table by a new hired estimator that had used this product before.

Reasons for switching to FastDUCT

New hired estimator had been using this program. We took a look at it.

Fastduct Review

Outstanding when you add up all the benefits. I'll never stop using it.

Pros

I have used Fastduct and Pipe for several years . I not only am able to produce extremely accurate bids and take offs, But I use the recap sheet for quick change out bids for service and construction. Once I set my parameters, its remarkably fun and easy to produce bid after bid and be in the middle with all my competitors and be awarded 80% of my bids. Plus they keep updating with new features which I usually find some of the new features helpful depending what area I am focusing on at that time.

Cons

When setting up your export file to send to a vendor for pricing , it can get a bit overwhelming as the vendor doesn't want all the details as they have to input it into their computer and their computer adds all the little details. So you have to edit it then send it. But for that extra step I can accept it Fastduct and Pipe is awesome !

Best customer support I have ever dealt with.

I am in the plan & spec business. Pre-Bid changes are becoming more frequent. I used to dread this especially when the addendum plans are not clouded. With FastDuct this problem has been solved. Bring in the new plan with your previous take off and the changes are obvious and easy to make. I have never dealt with better customer service. I was working on a Sunday Night and had recently updated my home PC to Windows 10. I tried to open FastDuct and got an error message. 10pm on a Sunday night and not only did I get a phone call from the president but he had me up and running in a few minutes.

Pros

The speed accuracy and customization has allowed us to not only bid more projects but also to handle change orders more efficiently.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of any negatives.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Mark! We truly value your feedback. And thank you for the positive comments -- we pride ourselves on our customer support, so we are glad that you are satisfied with our service!

Replied December 2019

Kyle

Excellent product from an excellent company

We noticed with our old system that many of our estimators were spending time running reports for operations instead of estimating cost for new work. FASTDUCT immediately removed that waste because it creates all reports natively in Excel. We also noticed that the way to setup specs for duct were MUCH more streamlined in FASTDUCT than other products... you could tell the developers had sheetmetal experience.

Pros

FASTDUCT is easy to start, easy to use, provides all reports in native Excel format, and an excellent value for the money. Though it is rare that we need assistance, the customer support is second to none. We have always received immediate responses to our questions, and that matters in today's fast-paced world. I highly recommend this product whether you are doing $100k or $100M bids. The ability to carry multiple tables for labor (shop or field) is also a nice feature if you do different kinds of work or have your own time-studies for certain products.

Cons

I would like some more options when estimating double-walled duct, but they are minor.

See notes above

See notes above

FELICIA

first choice

I use fest est software every day it is my go-to software and very dependable, and the service team is excellent. the people from owner to developers and service technicians are very good people and willing to help

Pros

I like how easy it is to change the take-offs and to fix any errors.

Cons

format it gives on the excel sheet, and how it sorts the ducts

I wanted something user-friendly

Reasons for switching to FastDUCT

I love how the program works and how easy it is to use

Response from FastEST

Thank you for leaving a review of FastDUCT, Felicia! We value your feedback. Let us know how we can help with the formatting on your final bid spreadsheet, or with the sorting of your duct takeoff, duct reporting, or other information. Depending on the part of the program where you might be having issues, there is sometimes flexibility or customization available. Thank you again for your review!

Replied May 2020

Bruce

Industry: Wholesale

Fastduct review

Pros

Cut my estimating time in Half and I can easily go back and review jobs.

Cons

not being able to quickly scroll through drawings or find drawing that I had previously taken off with going through each and every one

More user friendly

Response from FastEST

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Bruce! We appreciate your feedback. Give us a call at 800-828-7108 when you have a moment. There are a couple ways to toggle between plans or takeoffs, that might be a bit faster than other methods. We'd be happy to show you those options. Thank you again, Bruce.

Joel

Very Happy

Awesome easy to use program, always recommend.

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic. Ability to import new drawings and revised drawings is great. Customization is easy.

Cons

The way duct is totaled in the summary is not intuitive.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Joel! We always appreciate customer feedback. Reach out whenever you might have a few minutes, at 800-828-7108. We'd love further input on how our duct summary report might be able to be adjusted or improved upon. Thanks again, Joel, for your review and your loyalty as a longtime customer.

Replied March 2020

Fast Duct review

Great system and great customer support.

Pros

Cons

Need to update the fiberglass duct off to include 1 1/2" ductboard.

Caleb

Excellent Value

i am able to bid a lot more jobs in a shorter amount of time. pulling up records, making modifications and performing change orders are much easier using the program

Pros

not as costly as other programs on the market but it still has tons of features that provide accurate and detailed estimates for jobs. staff is very quick to respond to any requests for help or troubleshooting.

Cons

because it is set up using national averages it does not reflect local data for the market i work in so we need to constantly make adjustments to multipliers within the program to compensate for the differences. once the multipliers are set up in the program it works fine though.

cost

Alan

Review of FastDuct by Daily User

Over FastDuct is a very effective tool at performing estimates on projects. It saves time and allows us to be more thorough then previously.

Pros

FastDuct allows me to quickly and accurately perform take offs of most any project we have come across. On top of this when we are completed we can quickly look at projects floor by floor and generate detailed excel spreadsheets of the project. Within this spreadsheet we can also keep track of all additional costs allowing for a very details project breakdown.

Vincent

Quick and easy to use

Very good customer service and good price

Pros

It is simple to use with images of the parts, our junior staff can easily become operational with a short training. The reports are clean and simple to use. We purchase our ductwork and we enjoy the flexibility.

Cons

The settings are flexible but it can be difficult to navigate in the options. Also some softwares have an option of a auto select the elbows etc... And the fact we have to create new sections for acoustic liner can be time consuming.

Price and ease of use.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Vincent. We appreciate your feedback! Please call us at any time at 800-828-7108 if you have questions about adjusting any settings or options in the program. I know you recently upgraded to our newest version, FastDUCT 20, which has several new features and options available. Thank you again, Vincent!

Terry

SPSI

Customer service is excellent. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable whenever I call. I feel they go up and above to help you.

Pros

Easy to use. Support staff is excellent to work with. No matter what the problem maybe they can fix it. They worked with me on several occasions to develop the perfect excel sheet for my business.

Cons

Would like to see HVAC piping and insulation added to accomplish a complete system.

Scott

Fastduct Review

works well for everyday Estimation

Pros

Take-off ease and speed, use of catalog items.

Cons

difficult to add some specialty items to catalog for repeated use.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Scott! We appreciate the feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us at anytime at 800-828-7108. We'd be happy to discuss the specialty or catalog items you mentioned -- there are a couple different ways you can add items, or add them to specific menus, to improve your takeoff experience.

Replied December 2019

Stanley

Estimating for Mechanical contractors without their own Sheet metal facility

Fastduct provides us with a breakdown on materials, shop labor and field labor, making it easier to review Profit or loss at project completion.

Pros

Fastduct is user friendly, easy to make special job items for one time use. Easy to sort data, break out floors, or duct design type. Ties into our Sage accounting system. Over all a very good product.

Cons

does not currently have a search feature.

Steven

Duct Estimating made easy

FastDUCT has enabled me to bring more consistency to our bid process by giving me a tool to estimate our man hours better. FastDUCT has also given me a tool to get a pretty good sheet metal estimate together for quick turnaround bids that my vendors can't get out in time.

Pros

The interface is pretty easy to learn. The customer service is the best I have encountered.

Cons

I would like to see more video tutorials or online help that I can refer to. I work all hours and it would be nice to have those resources available.

Reasons for choosing FastDUCT

I did not look at another product.

United Mechanical Inc

I like the detail you get in the report section

Pros

Doing takeoffs are real easy and you can combine all of your takeoff are you can do real detailed breakouts in the workbook section.

Cons

There is no way to square foot a drawing in the takeoff mode

New Management

Response from FastEST

Thanks, Daniel. We appreciate your leaving a review for both our FastPIPE and FastDUCT estimating programs!

Replied January 2020

Have and will recommend

Plan and Specs. Not reliant upon "Suppliers" to take complete jobs off. uses it as a checksum.

Pros

Select and drop of fittings ... Drag and drop Duct Ability to change spec and or sizes

Cons

does not do the connect like plumbing does. only picks up new duct after Transition. Would like to see it after Taps. or flex connectors.

Bruce

I've used several mechanical estimating software systems over the years and FastEst has been the best.

Pros

The on screen take-off and the flexibility with the specifications.

Cons

Would like to see better labor breakdowns in reporting as exists for materials.

Drew

Fast Duct

Great!

Pros

Probably the easiest duct estimating system. the pictures for fittings are easy to get the correct fitting.

Cons

Nothing it is a great program. I wish all our programs we use was this good.

Changed contractors

Simple and Reliable

Best customer service of any software company I have worked with!

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to use. I like being able to design and take-off material and labor at the same time. It's easy to make changes and see the results quickly.

Cons

It would be nice to have more pre-made assemblies

Response from FastEST

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of our FastDUCT program, Jim! We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you'd ever like some assistance in building up additional assemblies, or if perhaps have any suggestions of what some good out-of-the-box assemblies might be. Thanks again, Jim!

Replied June 2020

Steven

FastDuct

very good

Pros

the ease in using program, detail list of Material

Cons

unable to have notes on Material Detail list

Will

FASTDUCT

Pros

Great software. Easy to customize to your liking and awesome customer support.

Cons

no dislikes at this time. very satisfied with this product

Response from FastEST

Will, thank you very much for your review of FastDUCT! We value your input. Contact us at any time at 800-828-7108 if you need assistance with our programs. We are here to help!

Replied March 2020

Bradley

Fast duct

I really enjoy system it saves on time on estimating HVAC I wish it was better for set up

Pros

That the system includes labor and material take

Cons

Looking for it to be easy for making you own material list to plug in finding thing in system

FastDUCT