All Leap Reviews

Adam

Reviewed June 2019

Small but big

PROS

We like using e-signatures without having to pay extra.

CONS

Setting up some of the templates and macros is cumbersome.

Reason for choosing Leap

Job Progress combines the best of both.

Cost

1 year review

JP right now is a love-hate relationship. I have invested so much into it, but yet I still feel like it is falling short and some basic but important function. I'm hopeful that these items will change.

PROS

1.) ease of use 2.) estimating portion 3.) workflow management 4.) documentation management 5.) sales tracking

CONS

1.) accounting integration w/ QuickBooks does not work well 2.) no copy and paste feature 3.) I had my proposal template converted and it looked awful and I had to pay for it 4.) you allow google sheets integration but not google docs so I can work on my normal proposal format 5.) you have to be in a client or search for a client to add a new job to that client 6.) no easy accounts payable system ( i have to use dropbox for that) 7.) change orders estimate sheet has different settings from the normal estimate sheet. creating double work 8.) P&L is manual entry so if we use it, we have double-entry again. Once in Quickbooks once in JP. 9.) Training is very surface level. I had to learn most of it on my own and then train my staff.

Reason for choosing Leap

we used buildertrend for a while, but JP promised to have a QuickBooks integration so we switched. When the integration came it was/ is a massive letdown.

Danielle

Reviewed December 2020

PROS

I love the features, when they work accurately. Very user friendly for the field. The staff is very friendly. They try and help where they can.

CONS

The reporting is not accurate and I have sent in several emails calls complaints etc. with no responses on the status. Some things get fixed and I am always told they are "working on it" but i have been complaining about the reporting hiccups since we started a little over 2 years ago. Another down fall is some times they cant even tell you how to pull certain repots to get information you want. The staff should 100% know their product. I pay in full and have never been discounted/compensated with all the issues we've had. They need to work on better follow ups and updating customers regarding issues.

Reasons for switching to Leap

I needed a more user friendly field CRM and was promised that the reporting was flawless and it surely is not

Mallory

Univera Construction, LLC

So far things have been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is usually pretty good about responding quickly. This program overall has made my life in the office much simpler.

PROS

Being able to quickly generate an estimate to a proposal is very helpful in our office. I like the act that the photos are easily accessible. Our customers RAVE about the customer webpage and how easy it is to sign the documents and it makes my life SO much easier to see who has accepted and who has not. The scheduling is very simple and convenient for myself in the office and for the tech in the field. They can easily see their schedules and know where they need to be. Being able send the invoices and to add the payments to the financials page and they go directly to QBO is probably my favorite feature of this program.

CONS

I wish i was able to search jobs by the invoice number, the way our company is set up it would make things much simpler. We have been asking to get a scope form created that we can generate directly to an invoice like what you have for the roofers who use the program.

Reasons for switching to Leap

This program offered more of what we need and it has a lot more benefits than our previous programs.

Michele

Marketing and Social Media Manager

We experienced great customer service with Job Progress. If we have a concern or problem we can get help or advice from customer service. We have a great relationship with our support tech. Job Progress is definitely the next step to take when growing a successful business.

PROS

We love this software for so many reasons. It keeps our projects organized with contact information, photos and the current stage of production the job is in. It is easy to use and a huge time saver when getting quotes out to customers and billing. Job Progress allows improved and quality communication in all areas, with office staff, men on the field, subcontractors, delivery vendors and customers.

CONS

Editing photos in Job Progress would be beneficial to our company because we use the photos in marketing.

Reasons for switching to Leap

Job Progress software was just so much more conducive to the roofing industry.

Mori

JP needs some upgrades

It has been fine, not excellent. We have had major issues with the email portion and have spoken to support about it way too many times

PROS

It was the best on the market at the time we enrolled

CONS

It has so many flaws -the email load chain is obnoxious, emails get lost or never received, there are too many steps to do simple tasks, the custom contracts are not readable to the finance portion, estimates can not be converted to contracts, the calendar has never synced properly, it’s hard to access closed jobs if archived, pictures take forever to load through the app, there are too many options on the system that don’t pertain to our industry (pool business)

Reason for choosing Leap

It had the most amount of construction verbiage and ability to load contract workers, sq footage of jobs etc

Reasons for switching to Leap

Joist was a simple version at the time, they have since upgraded their system.

Anna

Excellent Software

I have not had any issues with Job Progress, they have been upfront and honest about the monthly cost, they have always been available to answer all questions, and the program is very user friendly.

PROS

This software keeps records of where we are with our projects both financially and allows us to know the stages of our projects, I am a newer user but it was very easy to integrate our business into the program. The team is always available to help me manuver anything I have done incorrectly or struggle to do. I see our company growing substantially and also growing with all the functions this program allows me to use.

CONS

There really isn't much I don't like about the software, I guess if I could change one thing it would be to have a clear page with our logo where I could add our Contract page to.

Reason for choosing Leap

They were built for contractors as if they understood what contractors needed to create and produce projects. They are built to really administer to all areas in our industry.

Chad

Reviewed December 2020

Make the Switch, It was a Game Changer!

JobProgress has been a great addition to our company and we consider them part of our team. From IRE till now, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great and has made or impacted several requests for changes and updates that we have requested. The support team is wonderful, efficient and actually listens to valid request to their software.

PROS

The overall flow of the program and the ability to use MACROS! Game Changer for any estimator on the fly.

CONS

So far we have not encountered a "least" option for our business, if anything it is small petty changes to fit our operation.

Reason for choosing Leap

Features available to streamline our operation and gain the full potential of our internal work flow.

Reasons for switching to Leap

Previous software offered lack of many features needed to streamline our operation and gain the full potential of our internal work flow.

Brandon

Great Experience

Great! This system has helped to streamline a lot of loose ends. We weren’t aware of how loose we had been with certain procedures until JP exploited them. The great thing is JP exploited weaknesses and then offer a solution. Great system!

PROS

User friendly. Integration compatibility is very nice. By allowing us to input our company’s workflow into the system really helped us to bridge the learning gap, a lot of comparable systems force you to fit your workflow into their software structure and that doesn’t make for a good experience. Having the freedom to structure JP to how our systems work is the one of the best attributes. JP’s customer management portals is second to none and certainly helps to separate us from competitors.

CONS

I’m sure cons exist but we haven’t found one yet so I really can’t speak to that.

Reasons for switching to Leap

The Acculynx software could only take us so far and JP offers capabilities to go above and beyond.

Tyler

JP Review

We are able to streamline our business from lead inception to closing jobs and sending reviews

PROS

I like that it is cloud based, accessible from anywhere. The ability to create a job flow tailored to our company is nice as well

CONS

I wish that switching between our distributors didn't make us change Macros

Reason for choosing Leap

Pricing and knowing how customizable it was

Reasons for switching to Leap

It felt clunky and outdated and we didnt have the setup/support we needed.

Jon

Overall a Good Software

I liked my sales rep very well. He was knowledgeable about the software but gave me a bit of a false narrative about the QuickBooks integration. That said, my rep now is not great. He has a negative attitude when you speak with him. Doesn't understand the construction business model and I have had to push him the entire way. If I was picking on him alone I would not repeat my purchase.

PROS

Overall the software is good. We use it with our roofing division and it does what we need it to do.

CONS

While the mobile app is better than most I do not like that you cannot delete jobs from the app. I would prefer if the app could do anything the online software can do.

App is clunky at best.

Reasons for switching to Leap

Better pricing structure with the same or similar capabilities.

Allison

Reviewed December 2020

Great software for team work

We have been able to communicate as a team better now that we have a system in place to help eachother out. The tracking on proposals is great to know what our clients think of our bids and estimates.

PROS

It is easy to track everyone's progress on projects and if they need help on something it is so easy to go into the project and see right where it is at.

CONS

The integration with QuickBooks did not work for us and for how our system is set up, but we are working on linking them again

Reasons for switching to Leap

Buildertrend had no intentions of adding a QuickBooks integration

Kyle

Reviewed April 2021

Loving Job Progress!!!

PROS

The ease of use on this software is fantastic. It is far easier to navigate than other systems we have tried. Customer service is great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done a great job onboarding us and helping us get the system set up and customized to work best for us.

CONS

We would like to have a safeguard in place so that you can't send an estimate or proposal and show your price calculations by mistake.

Reasons for switching to Leap

People who are not very tech savvy were having a difficult time navigating the program.

Bill

JP Overall Functionality

Great people. Great program. Some tweaks needed, but we are very happy.

PROS

The ability to move jobs in the different stages with ease and without losing customer information. This has improved our communication from the office to the field.

CONS

Subcontractors cannot move job status within job flow from phones --- patiently waiting the update for the phone.... patiently waiting.... Analysis functions are weak and could be enhanced to analyze sub-contractors and sales, job performance, better functionality for sales performance, etc.

Reason for choosing Leap

The support team behind the program - i.e. the programmers. We felt it important that JP had a great support team to fix bugs and help make the program more functional as problems were noted.

Reasons for switching to Leap

Needed more functionality. JobProgress Rep promised the ability for sub contractors to move the jobs into the different stages would be added (phone update).

Caleb

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Great but a few issues

Customer service is great and the team is very willing to work with and train you. I’ve enjoyed the process of integrating our company infrastructure into the platform

PROS

Document management, job note capabilities and templating for materials orders and estimating are great.

CONS

The time tracking feature is basically useless because the only thing you can do is literally clock in and out of a certain job. If you forget to clock in at a specific time the whole day is ruined so you have to continue to have another system for time tracking for payroll - Which is annoying for something that should be a one stop app for everything. Additionally, it makes it impossible to use it for specific job labor hours because it may not be accurate.

Reasons for switching to Leap

Jobber was really awful. Things you would upload would disappear inexplicably, time tracking was impassible. The integration with quickbooks was extremely flawed

Ryan

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Get back to the family!

Amazing!

PROS

Working with support team and the Job Progress team has been nothing short of amazing. Support team commitment to helping his clients maximize the potential of their Job Progress Operating System seems limitless. There are a few people in business like him. He’s the kind of guy that sold me on the benefits of his system, then immediately helped me implement the system and has continued to follow up with me unsolicited on a regular basis to make sure I am leveraging the latest upgrades to the platform. in several instances, we have uncovered additional ways to leverage they are technology and they have customized certain processes specific to our company. This type of customer service doesn’t exist anymore. These guys are serious about what they do and 100% committed to their clients success. You really feel like you have a true partner, and the cost becomes Insignificant when you consider the incredible value of the relationship. This platform has simplified and streamlined our systems and processes allowing us to focus our attention on revenue generating activities. This system provides a seamless process for our customers, and has streamlined our back end operations, making them much more manageable, and freeing up tremendous amounts of time. Precious time, to get back to the family!

CONS

There is nothing I don’t love about the software.

Joshua

Easy to ise

Excellent program. The team use it which everyone knows is the problem

PROS

The integration was very easy. They helped with setup which was much different then any other program we have used. The ease with which you can email for digital signatures has been a god send during the pandemic.

CONS

I wish the accounting features worked. It doubles everything up.

Ease of integration