What are paskr users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using paskr software through verified user reviews

• icon"I believe the pricing structure is the best value in the market. The staff are easy to communicate with both from a tech support but also from a development aspect."
  • icon"Excellent customer service and customer service reps who are always available and are quick and knowledgeable on the chat feature when we have a challenge."
  • icon"I like how a General contractor is able to send you an invite email through this platform."
  • icon"Phone app struggles and quirks have been a little disappointing and waiting on schedule update to fully implement that."
  • icon"Sorting Drawings - I hate that you have to move just one at a time."
  • icon"It is a little confusing at first in the submittals."

Browse all paskr Reviews

• Have you used paskr and would like to share your experience with others?

PASKR review

We love it. Invoices and time card merge with Quick book, some errors but at least most of the data gets transferred, account just needs to verity all the info is correct instead of entering all of it.

Pros

We have used for almost 3 years. We use the program everyday. Our site supers use it as much as the PMs and accounting. Pretty easy to learn. When there are issues their IT is on it right away. We use it primarily for Time cards, estimating and contracts, although there are lots of other features.

Cons

It does not work as well with I Phones as well as android. We have some issues with time cards and daily reports when the supers are on an I phone. Although they are updating all the time, so I hope they find a solution soon

Marcus

Consolidation, Efficiency, Support

PASKR has allowed me to streamline many of my daily activities.

Pros

There are many aspects of PASKR that help make life at our construction company easier. I titled my review: consolidation, efficiency, support, for a reason. PASKR allows our company to consolidate the various documents for all phases of construction. Nothing causes frustration and in-efficiency like members of your company using different formats and systems to complete the many tasks we all undertake. From pre-construction, plan distribution, estimating, contracting, construction and close out, PASKR brings all members of your team TOGETHER and allows for consistent documentation from project-to-project. Not only does PASKR help the efficiency of your particular company, but it also allows for access and direct communication to your subcontractor base, thus helping them to efficiently see and hear all the pertinent details of the job. Our onsite personnel loves the punchlist component of PASKR, they are able to compile all fixes and improvements that need to be made on the job, instantly assign subcontractor responsibility, document where and when the item was discovered, and generate emails to communicate their needs with our subcontractor base. Last but not least, the support that is offered through PASKR is unlike any software that I have used within the construction industry. Technical support agents are available by chat every day, that can immediately answer any question you have, big or small. PASKR also comes with a large video library of tutorials.

Cons

Estimating templates could be updated to incorporate cost code specific pricing for that particular product type.

Reasons for switching to paskr

When I changed jobs and came to work for Strategic Builders.

Leanne

Paskr saves time

Our PM team has seen increase in productivity due to using Paskr. The bidding module saves time & is excellent for managing invitations & compiling sub bids. Paskr is fundamentally a solid tool for tracking the project's bottom line, housing documentation, & overseeing progress. There are endless possibilities for growth/improvement within the software with respect to document control, reporting, & accounting connectivity. Innovations can't come fast enough, as we are excited for the potential we see in Paskr. The staff at Paskr has bent over backwards to please us & train our staff on Paskr processes. They are attentive & responsive to both us & our contacts. L1 needs more training to avoid providing misdirection. The support staff is amazing, but limited by the program itself & its functionality. More often than not our requests are left with "future enhancement" as a response. As with any software there is a learning curve. We are slowly learning the Paskr process & developing work-arounds for its limitations. The platform is rudimentary & user-friendly but not necessarily intuitive. Therefore, it takes time to learn its idiosyncrasies (thank goodness for the chat feature). Features & functionality are lacking from my perspective (accounting) as I rely heavily on reports. All reports are in pdf format & not customizable or interactive. Developing reports that allow you to click on figures & see what is behind them would be a huge leap in functionality for both the PM & accounting depts. Printing pdf reports & manually searching for data to audit is very time consuming for accounting & leaves the PM blindly accepting his/her entries. The QB web connector is what drew us to the product over others, however it is very basic & requires manual massage of data to correct some glitches in the data transfer. Again a time consuming process (yet still quicker than our prior fully manual system). Example of an area needing enhancement that would have tremendous impact: dashboard calendar. It could be a highly effective tool for PM team if it integrated task from all project for which they were assigned, allowing them to have full view from a single pane of glass. Overall we are better with Paskr than we were before it. There is potential for Paskr to be so much more. As it improves our productivity will also improve, as will our staff's ability to convey the pulse of the business to our owner which was our primary reason for selecting Paskr software.

Pros

Bidding, billing, chat support, training library

Cons

reporting, contact database, sales tax

Response from Paskr

Thank you for the great detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and it has been valuable to us as we continue to move forward and develop new features and enhancements to features. We are so glad that you have experienced growth and improvement following our simple processes. We continue to look forward to a great team relationship with Locus Construction, LLC. Your Paskr Team

CLS

Overall, great software and very essential to our daily business.

Pros

I think the efficiency it creates within our organization. We have a lot less paperwork due to the basic processes within Paskr. It saves us time and money on a daily basis and provides checks and balances on our projet finances and processes.

Cons

There are occasionally programming flaws but that happens and they are usually corrected quickly by Paskr. I with the planroom was more user friendly and marking up plans was easier. I also wish the program was more customizable interms of document approvals etc. I want to take rights away from individuals but if i do, it affects all other employees within the category (super, PM, accountant).

Reasons for choosing paskr

Financial tracking capabilities, Paskr as a company was more accessible when we needed to talk about something (better service). Also, software was more economical than the competition.

Reasons for switching to paskr

User friendly, up to date, more features.

Great software even better tech support

PASKR as a company is great. They are dedicated to the mission of streamling the construction process. They are always available and supportive.

Pros

Cons

Like most software it has limitations. You need to stay "within the lines" and truly commit to leaving your current system/software to the most out of it. Additionally, we are a development and construction company so the overall software is really construction centric so that present unique issues at times.

Reasons for choosing paskr

Since the start of Paskr we have been introduced to Procore. We have stayed with PASKR as the pricing is much more competitive, we don't need as many collateral licenses and the support with PASKR is the best I have experienced with any software I have used.

Reasons for switching to paskr

Sage was too cumbersome and the reporting was never exactly what you needed. It would take multiple reports to get the needed information.

MARK

Paksr Project Management

We have used it for about one year with the firs several months using the program for bid management, we are just now getting into the meat of the application for pay apps, submittal tracking, RFI's, etc. Most of these tasks are straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

Very comprehensive application with mobile and desktop (web browser) applications. Cloud based allowing all users to stay up to date with, and share project information. Customer service/training for the most part is excellent.

Cons

In consistent user interfaces between desktop (web browser) and mobile applications. Some modules are a little bit awkward to use. Inability to add contacts and cost codes on the fly.

Reasons for choosing paskr

Cost verses Procore and number of modules verses Construction Online.

Response from PASKR

Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience with PASKR. We're glad to hear you found the tasks straight forward and easy to use your first year with us. Over the next 6 months, we are working on being able to add contacts and cost codes available everywhere. We appreciate your suggestions and are glad to provide an easy to use software for you and your company to use!

Replied January 2020

Tony

PASKR Review

With integration of a program like this, it is a huge process. Our onboarding process thanks to our training leader [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing. She has made this entire implementation as smooth as possible.

Pros

The platform layout is very easy to click your way through, and same for the subcontractors we have included thus far.

Cons

Some of the formatting of documents could be improved.

Reasons for choosing paskr

Price and the sales process was not so pushy / forced.

Ron

PASKR project management

I've been using this management software for most of the last 6 years. Overall it is very helpful and makes me more efficient managing projects. There have been some recent changes that I feel have taken away some valuable functionality, but they have been very willing to listen and explain the reasons for the changes. They are also willing to look at my concerns and consider restoring some of the functionality that was lost.

Pros

It makes project management more efficient. I don't have to enter the same information over and over on various documents. It also gives multiple reports to track a project and watch the changes in profitability. It also is easy to prepare bills each month.

Cons

The scheduling module is very difficult to use in my opinion and the connect between scheduling and daily job logs could be better. Having to approve each schedule change individually is very time consuming, especially while the screen refreshes

Response from Paskr

Thank you for your comments. You spoke about some of the features you missed and we listened. We have recently added the functionality to be able to invite the subs by cost code and we will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to show you how to do this. We look forward to many more years of working together. Your Paskr Team

Brian

Paskr is the best web based PM software for small to medium sized contractors on the market

Over the years we have been using Paskr, they continue to improve our experience. From the field, all project information is easily accessible and daily reporta are a breeze because of the mobile apps. In the office, it is a powerful solution from project conception to closeout, handling and keeping all contracts, POs, change orders, submittals, drawings and drawing changes. All of our subcontractors present their bids, submittals, execute contracts, change orders and submit pay apps and lien releases in the system. Our AE folks respond to submittals and RFIs with ease. Its all paperless and immediate. I love that a change order can be made and executed within 5 minutes, even from the field. I love that RFIs can be made in the field and responded to by the required parties, even from a smart phone. And Paskr keeps up with all of it electronically significantly reducing clerical time.

Pros

Portability, access from anywhere, anytime, and that it limits the bells and whistles and focuses on project management needs.

Cons

Doing drawing changes in the field is a little cumbersome, but maybe its not meant for just anyone to easily make drawing changes since they are official documents.

Response from Paskr

Dear Brian, #dropthemic As someone who has been using the program for 4+ years we are so glad you are experiencing the magic of being ¿Paskrized!¿ We will continue to strive to provide you with the best user experience possible to continue to help you save time and money. Warm Regards, Paskr Team

Replied February 2017

Jolene

Time used: Free Trial

August 2011

I have been a CFO for a commercial general contractor that uses PASKR for four years now, and have realized the benefits of this system. -PASKR streamlines the process. -PASKR provides full disclosure of financial information for each project on a real-time basis. -PASKR reduces mistakes and thereby increases profits. -PASKR has enabled both the accounting department and the project management team to work more efficiently. After PASKR is implemented and employees are appropriately trained to use the software, we had a lot more success ensuring that important deadlines were met and budgets stayed on target, greatly increasing our ROI. PASKR can't replace a dedicated or experienced project manager, but it can help make him significantly more productive and allow him to manage more projects at one time. As head of the accounting department, I have significantly more confidence with my financial forecasts because I can access all projects on a daily basis. I also have real-time access to pending/approved change orders for our owners and subcontractors. I can also hold my project managers accountable for the post buy-out budget, and easily track overruns. Prior to implementing PASKR, the month-end closing process consisted of tracking down each project manager and discussing every single expected future costs and change order. I had to rely on the project manager to fully disclose the financial information. With PASKR, all of that information is readily available online. One of my favorite processes within PASKR is the subcontractor billing process. Subcontractors represent 70%-90% of a general contractor's costs. PASKR provides added audit protection because it requires a subcontractor to sign his subcontract agreement before he is allowed to submit a pay application for a project. Also, it will ONLY allow a subcontractor to bill up to the amount of his contract, plus or minus any approved change orders. Over-billing by a subcontractor doesn't exist with PASKR. My next favorite process within PASKR is the owner billing process. The project managers build the original schedule of values, and monthly create invoices for the owners based upon the percentage of work completed. All the accounting department needs to do at that point is review the owner pay app, notarize it, and distribute it to the appropriate parties. No extra Excel spreadsheets or wasted time trying to get the information from the forever-busy project manager. I love being able to access any document (contracts, change orders, correspondence, drawings, etc.) from any computer at any time for any project. I don't even want to think about life in the construction industry without PASKR.

Christian

PASKR Project Management Software

Overall experience is great. Nothing is ever perfect, but Paskr is on track to be the tool nobody thinks exists.

Pros

The billing module is great and saves us so much time each month. Contracting is amazing and has simplified that process tremendously.

Cons

Scheduling module is being refined and improved. Once that is up, the integration will be seamless.

Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for choosing paskr

All in one management software

Functionality, cost, customer service

Eugene

Great tool

I have nothing but positive things to say about paskr, any time you have an issue they are there work and resolving those as fast as possible. They have many webinars that help with all portions of the paskr.

Pros

The software with paskr is ever changes in efforts to make our work fast with all aspects of Project Management. It is easily navigated through, keeps all of the items from RFI's, meetings, submittal, daily logs, and many other items. It is a very widely used program in our company, from the supers on site, to PM's, to the estimator as well. Make it very easy to send out to subs for bids, addendums, ASI, PCO, CO.

Cons

The only CON I could think is that it is not compatible with all softwares out there, however the Paskr team is relentless in finding was to make paskr the best program for all needs in construction, from issuing contracts to accounting integrations and everything in between .

Reasons for choosing paskr

White Sands Construction chose paskr as the could see the best in this particular software many years ago when they joined. The others did not stand up to them for what they offer and the support the have for the program.

Dustin

PASKR Review

Overall, we are very satisfied with the software. I would say the best part of PASKR, which is not so much the actual software, but instead the customer service. Traci, who has been our onboarding specialist, has done an incredible job for us. 99% of the roadblocks we run into or items we suggest to be added to the software has been addressed by her coaching or her working with her programmers. This is NOT typical with say a Procore for example. With them, its a take it or leave it type of software which steered us away when we looked into it.

Pros

What I like most about this software is how it is the most all-inclusive project management software that we have seen or dealt with. That aside, the time saved from contracts to Change Orders is huge for us. As mentioned before, our way of doing things before was a thing of the past. So many things were wrong with the way we did things so this helps us better organize our documents and stay more focused on running our projects.

Cons

I would say that we do not foresee ourselves using the scheduling piece of this software. It is not capable of doing things like Microsoft project is. Its not a huge deal as we just upload our MP schedules into PASKR once they are built.

Reasons for choosing paskr

Cost, the all-inclusive capabilities, user friendliness

Brett Baker Forza Review

Overall we like the product. I think it could be more user friendly for sub-contractors and customers. The page for contractors seems more user friendly than the sub-contractor page, simpler is better for them. Also all customers want to be able to access their info from their phones through an app. All they really want to see are the daily logs, photos, schedule, and approve CO's, and most are on the go and not in front of a computer. As far as the features for us, we love them. It has definitely made us more organized, and we are tracking our budgets much better. It has also helped with protecting ourselves in making sure we were contracted properly and had all the correct paperwork.

Pros

Bid process, estimating, change order and rfi tracking, daily logs. There are still a lot of features we have not been able to try out yet.

Cons

Schedule (the feature is clunky, moving around the screen is difficult and it does not always update properly based on daily logs). Client interaction (not user friendly). Notifications, (I do not receive them anymore, and the clients are not receiving them either.

Response from Paskr

Brett, Thank you for your comments. We are currently updating the Subcontractor/Owner/Architect/Engineer portals. We will keep you updated on that release. The scheduling module is getting a face lift of features and functionality in the near future. We appreciate all your feedback to make that a better tool for all of our clients. Your Paskr Team

Antonio

LA PASKR Review 20-0429

We started using PASKR since 2011 as our solution to centralize all project specific information on the web and help us manage projects on different time zones. We like the evolution of the software and look forward to what new things they come up with.

Pros

Several things come to mine of what we like of this software. 1 - Integration between estimating and operations saves us time. 2- Writing contracts, exhibits, etc is super simple. 3 - The check and balancing process can be bit enjoying at the beginning but it has save us from making contractual mistakes. 4 - Approving subcontractor invoices is simple and ensures all paperwork is in-place. 5 - Technical support is awesome!!!

Cons

We use the time sheet module of this software. I believe it can be further enhanced.

Reasons for choosing paskr

Having the ability to house all information on the web back in 2011 was a very costly proposition. PASKR provided a cost effective solution for us at that time.

Will

PASKR User in Florida

Excellent.

Pros

The order and organization PASKR has brought to a previously 'brute force' approach to construction management has been incredible. We can focus on production because the administrative elements take care of themselves.

Cons

Like any new concept, there was a learning curve, but if your team is committed to the integration it will be a huge benefit.

RedTeam

Reasons for choosing paskr

Sales team & Sales approach was much more compatible with our / my style.

PASKR

Pros

Various project management abilities including monitoring of project purchasing, subcontractor management and billing and employ time management. Excellent customer service and customer service reps who are always available and are quick and knowledgeable on the chat feature when we have a challenge. The Customer Service and Programming teams at PASKR have always been helpful and accommodating to help and improve PASKR.

Cons

No serious dislikes at this time. As stated above the PASKR team is very accommodating.

Cost and benefit analysis

Response from PASKR

John, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our software! We're so glad to hear your experience with our Client Experience Team has been wonderful. Our top priority is providing a team of knowledgeable and helpful people creating an excellent product and accommodating our wonderful clients with any questions or needs they have. Thank you again for your kind words and for letting us serve you!

Replied January 2020

Beau

PASKR Review

Paskr has helped us standardize our subcontract management and payment process.

Pros

Overall user interface is clean and easy to navigate and learn. The project budget is where all project start and it is easy to set up and establish the project budget in the project budget worksheet. Subcontract Management is also streamlined and is project specific and is very easy to update and edit the subcontract template for each subcontractor on the project and send off for electronic signature.

Cons

Scheduling feature is clunky and does not work well with updating from the daily report section of the mobile app. However, I have seen a glimpse of the new product in alpha testing phase prior to its beta release and it has been improved drastically. So cannot wait for that release!

Reasons for choosing paskr

PASKR seemed to be the easiest to learn and navigate and made the most sense with how we currently operate on the construction side of our company. Also the sales and implementation team were very helpful and great to work with!

Dan

Ever changing

The one of the best things about Paskr is the fact that they are always bettering there product and releasing updates without making us pay for updates. Another great point is the fact that it encompasses everything we do as a GC and since its cloud based we can work from any where. I would recommend this product to any GC.

Pros

Cloud based encompasses all aspects of the project logging all views for drawings and such if we need a special report, they will generate it for us. (for a small fee) the ability to create a unit costing list for budgets

Cons

The estimating portion needs some work wish it sync with Peach tree The costs can add up if you do a lot of work

Response from Paskr

Thanks for positive review! We are so glad that your project management needs are being met. We have addressed the estimating in our new bidding module which will be coming to you free of charge shortly. Your Paskr Team

PASKR - Great estimating tool and file management

We have been using them daily for the last 8 months, as we learn what it can do, we continue to use it in more ways. The Customer Service is the best of any program I have used. They may only be online during the day, but the chat box method is great, for issues after they are gone, we just email a note and they address it first thing in the morning.

Pros

Not only easy to follow along, but the screen display is easy to read. The selection of subs and pricing is great. The selection of subs for bid invitations works well. Our superintendents use it daily for file access, daily reports and time cards.

Cons

Some reports need to have information added or modified. The estimating and project start up are well managed. The management of actual costs and hours during the project need some added reports to be able to monitor costs, not just set a budget and let it go.

Response from Paskr

Thanks for the great review Brett! Per our phone conversation today, we will be building your report for you. Should be ready soon. Krista

March 2016

Paskr has been an integral part of our business.

Pros

For the most part, the site is very user friendly and has saved us time and money over the years by simplifying and organizing steps required to complete a project.

Cons

Our site has been shut down several times without notice after payment was not received by the due date, even though it was sent in a timely manner. Our CFO prefers to issue paper checks, and there should be more of a grace period, or at least a phone call before the site is shut down. This has been an inconvenience on several occasions. There is also some minor "clunkiness" to the site, though Paskr has worked to make improvements. I prefer the old user name system, where users could select their user name, versus using their e-mail addresses. Some of the menus are also very close together and it's difficult to hover over the correct menu without opening up the drop down for the adjacent menu (beside, above or below the intended drop down menu).

Danny

Powered by PASKR

When I first started working with my company over 3 years ago, I had never used PASKR. So of course, I was worried about what I was getting in to but part of my initial first weeks was to utilize the provided training videos on the site. This was very helpful to have access to these tools whenever needed. Since then it's been on the job learn as you go training. The customer service is fantastic. Everyone has always been quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I appreciate how much PASKR has helped to streamline my time spent while at work.

Pros

What stands out the most for me are the features used while bidding/estimating from invitations to reports.

Cons

Just like with any software there are small things that I would change if I were a programmer but on that note, I kinda can. PASKR is always open to hearing about ways to make the user experience better.

Jason

Cant wait to get the system live and in full operation.

Where should I start; Our company is still in the set up phase and will be going live soon. The ease of the software is evident once your in the system. During the implementation process we have had run across some minor glitches and issues. These were handled and taken care of extremely quick, professionally and with little delay. Live support staff is probably tired of hearing from me but I have contacted them with the smallest of questions and with some complicated issues. The support staff, programmers and our contact Traci, has resolved all of my questions no matter how small. The software is very user friendly and easy to understand. Once you are in the system the first time, data entry goes quickly. We are now able to store our Drawings, Specification, RFI, Contracts, PO's, Subcontracts, invoices etc at one location. The ease of access from any location with internet access will be a tremendous asset for those involved across the country. Online training was very clear and informative. Although we have yet to go 100% on the software I feel that once the ease of use and reliability of having the entire project at one location would prove its worth.

Pros

Ease of use and access from any internet location

Cons

Our company assigns multiple contracts to the same Cost Code because our accounting keeps track of money per cost code and this software we will not be able to do this.

Response from Paskr

Thank you for your positive comments! We are glad that Paskr is a part of your team. Paskr is excited for you to use all project management features as you get your projects up and running. It has been our pleasure to help you though this implementation phase and we look forward to a successful future working together. Your Paskr Team

Diane

A lot to Absorb!

This software is geared towards offices that have several Individuals responsible for the different stages of the Project. They do not take into consideration that some offices may only have 1 or 2 people doing the administration. Therefore, each person requires at least 2 separate sign-ins and has to sign in & out each time they want to perform a particular function. Their customer support is excellent though and they will walk you through the process as needed.

Pros

It has all the important and necessary functions needed for any type of project

Cons

The dashboard is not user friendly and it does not allow 1 person to have all functions of the project. Owners should have this override.

Response from Paskr

Thank you for your positive review. We can provide an easier way for you to access the different roles without needing two usernames and passwords. We will have one of our customer support representatives contact you shortly to assist you with this feature. Your Paskr Team

Jeff

February 2016

Paskr can make you money

Pros

Paskr in general is a great software, it does take time to learn the ins and outs of this software and a year later we still learn more. The Team at Paskr is constantly upgrading things to make the GC lifes easier. I believe firmly because they all have lived our life before Paskr. The understand the ups and downs and frustrations that comes with the life of General Contractor. The support team at Paskr is second to none. They help anytime of the day or night and never are upset for having to do so. The Paskr team really believes in the product and wants the General Contractor to succeed. They are fantastic!

Cons

I dont have bad things to day about the Paskr product. The issues we have is trying to get our subcontractors on board. Thats not a Paskr issue, they even offer to talk with our subcontractors to help them. Change is difficult for a lot of older generation contractors but when they do engage in Paskr they realize that they also save money by using the system.The ones that do love it.

paskr