What are Projectmates users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Projectmates software through verified user reviews

• icon"My Manager is submitting along with 30 + additional stores, the documentation to the owners directly from PM. I'm sure our clients will find it is very customer friendly."
  • icon"The iphone app is pretty easy and intuitive. The online computer version is the exact oppposite."
  • icon"This information has a lot to do with a LEED report that your software actually will be looked at from the EPA and several other agencies. Our clients are depending on a healthy rebate."
  • icon"Not easy to update or modify prebuilt modules (schedules, tasks, budgets, etc.). Doesn't talk to other systems (no erp integration)."
  • icon"Submittals did not organize very well, nor did they integrate with procore."
  • icon"People miss my comments a lot of the times on links I send them. What I've started doing is just sending the link to myself and then copying the link in an actual email."

Browse all Projectmates Reviews

• Have you used Projectmates and would like to share your experience with others?

Chuck

Stonebridge Review

Very positive. Helps to keep the budget and costs organized.

Pros

Easy to use; flexible; somewhat intuitive.

Cons

Vendor report feature could be improved. Vendor Summary should include the sum total of the original contract, plus any change orders added. As it is now, you have to use a calculator to find this number. Also, if you show the total amount of committed cost, this would allow for the balance of what's remaining in a commitment to be quickly identified. Again, the only way to see what's left is to use a calculator to find the commitment balance.

Reasons for choosing Projectmates

Projectmates is more Owner friendly. Procore is more suited for a GC.

Zabadee

Projectmates Project Collaboration

It is an awesome experience! I really enjoy sharing all of my project status with my Project Teams entered into the software!

Pros

The Dashboard on Status and Construction Schedule Tool used for upon in coming Activities and Tasks.

Cons

The training videos don't go into enough detail in the Projectmates University Videos.

Reasons for switching to Projectmates

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] required using Projectmates.

Stephen

ProjectMates is adequate - just not great

It is OK, not great for managing Real Estate Deal Making.

Pros

The ease of logging into the system -honestly it seems that many other features are not intuitive and take too many clicks to do what needs to be done

Cons

The threethings that would be most valuable to me for Systemates to greatly improve(assuming the schedule feature works) are: 1) Ease of creating ad hoc reports and the format of those reports - huge disappointment that makes my job more difficult and time consuming 2) Discussion Forum - needs to work more like an email. When I went to post a reply to an existing discussion: i) the entire message chain needs to visible; ii) I should be able to add comments into an existing message and change font color, size or something for a new comments to stand out. 3) invoice approval system/process - i should able to forward or question an invoice to another party on projectmates or a specific project If you can't fix any of the above i need to be able to multiple screens open at the same time and the use of multiple internet software at the same time

Tammy

ProjectMates Keeps Us On Track

Pros

Besides the fact we have a great representative helping and supporting us along the way with this product, the product itself is really great. Coming from another corporate entity that was in the midst of a 4 year renovation project, I really wish we had something like this when that large project kicked off. The fact that you can tailor it to your needs, alleviates the one size fits all limitations. Instead it can be created to work with the milestones needed within your company for a successful project. Giving other departments visibility also creates a broader partnership for a successful project.

Cons

It would not be the product at all. It's more internal and getting departments to see it as a resource and to utilize it as such. The program is only successful if it is being used. Internal buy in can sometimes be difficult getting them on board. But it is getting better as more things and informational links are available for them to get what they need.

Steve Gatto

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Intuitive Software - Our Clients Love it!

Our main client, a Federal Government Agency, is very happy with the ease of use by their stakeholders. As the administrator I find it very easy to setup new users and get them up to speed quickly.

Pros

Seamless processing of everyday Construction Projects tasks: RFIs, Submittals, Schedule Updates, Daily Reports, Photos, and Ball-in Court management.

Cons

I really can't think of any issues with the software.

gracie

You can't go wrong.

Pros

I love the fact that every one project added to PM can keep everyone on the same page. Whatever the issue or need may be, whether field reports, submittals, pay estimates, photos, etc., once you become part of the project and acquire the necessary rights, you will always be in the loop. It's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the basic features. It can save a company money by not having to mail hard copy documents on a regular basis because they are all available on Projectmates. I also like the fact that to date, help is always available by PM staff.

Cons

Projectmates is so extensive and with ongoing updates, it can be overwhelming without proper as well as ongoing training. Perhaps review training options available-nothing else to add.

Kate

Excellent customer service and support. Project Management software that truly meets our needs.

Automated tasks we've been managing manually with spreadsheets. Helping us to develop processes and procedures on how we manage projects. Payments to contractors are processed more quickly. Anyone on the team can get project information in real time. Mobile app allows users on the job site to quickly update information and stay up to date.

Pros

Once you get everything up and running, it is easy to track the flow of information from the beginning to end of a project. Having our contractors enter their own invoices into the system saves a ton of time. Budget tracking is clear, concise and provides much needed financial insight into a project . Customer Service and Support are the best I've ever received with a software product!

Cons

Customized reporting is not as robust as I would prefer. Small annoyances like the date format, not being able to apply certain changes across all projects and they have to be updated manually, contract items don't show the balance left to be billed and you have to calculate manually.

Tony

Construction management

Pros

Ease of use and availability at all locations to keep up with project progress and acheduling

Cons

No real issues that I do not like with what I use daily with regard to my work and notes to keep progress under control.

Kyle

January 2016

Construction Manager use

We as a CM firm have used this software for one of our clients. It is not what we typically use for the rest of our clients but it is VERY functional and user friendly. The App is great in that you can do all of your daily updates/paperwork off of your phone if you wanted to. I would recommend this to any of my clients to manage their construction department.

Pros

Ease of use while completing daily reporting and uploading photos from your device.

Cons

Some of the navigation is cumbersome. It seems like there are too many places to go for the same item. There is a Project photos folder yet there is also a "Photos" upload area that is totally separate.

LeaAnna

Awesome Program!

I love their customer service. I am constantly emailing questions and always get back a friendly timely helpful response :)

Pros

I love how configurable this program is! You are able to really 'Make it your own' which is perfect for different types of industries and Project Management styles!

Cons

I wish the reporting was a bit better. You are able to report off of a lot of the information but combining different module information requires additional fees. Dashboard reports are very basic and not sharable.

Was not a great Project Management Software

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

July 2015

Building Restaurants easier with geat Software!

Pros

I like the Contracts, Change Orders, and Invoice side of this software the best. Most Project Management software has document storage but lacks on the Financial side. This one does not! I can track my budget to commitments as well as track what I have paid to date. I can also set the approvals for each financial module easily as well as change them on a Project level as my needs change. As for Systemates, owners of Projectmates, they are extremely responsive and helpful. As the system administrator for this software I need to tweak roles, picklist and dropdowns, and approvals often, they help me think through my changes before I make them and help me make small program changes with me when I get stuck. By far, this is on of the most affordable programs out there.

Cons

I am able to get data out of the system to do special analysis however; I would like it if the line items details on the contracts would export as well.

Doug

Industry: Restaurants

State of the Art Platform

Love it.

Pros

Functionality from bid submittal to approval and invoicing.

Cons

When setting up a project it would be helpful to require a job name in the "Bid" column so all projects get alphabetized which makes it much easier to locate. Also helpful would be the ability to sort by project data and/or to be able to search projects that have been submitted, contract status and completion.

Customer requirement

Response from Systemates

Thank you for taking the time to share your Projectmates review. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We will share your valuable feedback with the entire Projectmates team, and let them know their work is being recognized.

Industry: Supermarkets

Project Mates for the supermarket refrigeration setor

Great product for AHT Cooling.

Pros

For myself, I was to implement the software to assist in performing, and documenting our Preventive Maintenance Service to our clients. I have 5 stores that were assigned to me. I found that keeping track of what I had completed, and what was still outstanding from the preloaded information of refrigeration assets was very easy to use. I have experiences with a lot of maintenance software programs such as Yardi, Boss, Service Now, IMES. Very predictive in how it was behaving after a few days of using it. My Manager is submitting along with 30 + additional stores, the documentation to the owners directly from PM. I'm sure our clients will find it is very customer friendly. They should be able to see how their stores are performing directly from the information I recorded. This information has a lot to do with a LEED report that your software actually will be looked at from the EPA and several other agencies. Our clients are depending on a healthy rebate! Thank you for a great product! Keep up the class A performing software for us FT.

Cons

If I needed to delete a recorded section. You need to take 2 unnecessary steps that after a few edits started to eat up my time. Just try to have it a single click, delete, re enter.

Brian

Main Event Entertainment Review

I have a had an excellent experience with PMates thru the years. It has given me the visibility i need to make business decisions as well as report to the Executive team. It also gives a check & balance with our Accounting Software. We continue to expand our User groups as well as expand our use of the added features to the software.

Pros

The out of the box ease of use. The fact that it is set up for the End-user such as a Retailer/Restaurant Company and not from a GC viewpoint.

Cons

1. The Reporting feels too cumbersome and PMates doesn't give you many choices of Report formats which requires my team to export to excel to create Pivot Tables and Graphs. 2. The Budget view doesn't allow you to keep the Parent rollup view locked. As soon as you click the 2nd time, the budget expands again.

Reasons for choosing Projectmates

Features, familiarity, ease of Rollout and Training Support, Price.

Rebecca

Very helpful

Projectmates has given my construction team the tools we need to keep everything organized, detailed, and on time, at our fingertips. It took a little while to really learn properly all that it's capable of, but once everyone was on board, we've never looked back.

Pros

How in-depth the organization of our projects it goes

Cons

The learning curve. There have been certain aspects of it that took a while to really sink in with the team, so took extra training to keep everyone on the same page.

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, needed information close at hand, all encompassing.

Cons

Submitting process, scheduling & report writing

mark

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Project mates

Pros

Easy to send drawings via links, in lieu of emails. Good set up of the tree folder systems and locations of where to place drawings and documents.

Cons

I think the invoicing can be easier to track, so that once a revise and resubmit is sent; it is hard to track how many iterations before the correct invoice is received - no tracking system in place.

Reasons for switching to Projectmates

Management directed us to do so.

Rob

Industry: Supermarkets

Reports

Overall I find Project Mates to be very helpful in my work and helps keep our costs in line.

Pros

I like the reports that I can get from it. Kaely Culbertson has been a great help and resource!

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow and would be nice if it was less fields to fill out.

Time used: Free Trial

August 2015

Projectmates for Construction Management

I have been using Projectmates since 1999. This product was developed by Architects who really understand the intricacies of project management. The "system" is easy to use and the modules are intuitive. Along the way, Projectmates has continually updated the system and is very interested in user feedback. Often, the user feedback is incorporated in new software releases. Recently, we got an assignment for a Program Management application. The contract for this assignment is an "AIA Standard Form of Agreement for Use in a Multiple Project Program". In the contract, is a paragraph defining the expectations of The Program Manager which includes the implementation of a web-based "Project Management Information System"(PMIS). The PMIS will be used to receive, distribute, and maintain Program Reports, Program Schedules, Plans & Specifications, and the myriad of documents it takes to manage a Program successfully. The "My Reports" module is a customizable reporting tool that is the perfect way to keep the management team informed of executive level reports on a weekly basis. Projectmates has exceeded the expectations of my clients on this and numerous projects over the years. Projectmates is a standardized system that we use on all of our projects. The support staff is always available to help/coach on the special reports and specific uses that we have required over the years. Suffice to say, I am a raving fan of the Systemates - Projectmates team.

Jeffrey

Industry: Utilities

Projectmates Features

Overall experience has been good

Pros

I liked the ability to conduct a Global Search of the Project which was removed.

Cons

Removal of the Global Search feature. Not being able to search through the entire project for key words.

LE

Ease of Sharing

N/A - has not changed my work experience - just using a different program to share information

Pros

Allows various stake holders to receive the same information in a timely manner

Cons

Integration and initial setup was challenging (time consuming uploading information and deciding what information to share publicly)

Reasons for switching to Projectmates

cost and information sharing, etc.

Online Efficiency

Pros

This is a great way to store project files without relying on your computers hard drive. Having a central location to store and access needed information for each project helps a Project Manger like myself better manage the project.

Cons

There should be a better way to list the project on the home page. I have so many projects that it creates multiple pages to click through. The home page should be able to list every project or give the project manager the ability to "hide" projects that aren't access as frequently.

Todd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Vedor to Kum & Go Review

Good

Pros

It's actually kind of fun to use and usually easy to use.

Cons

No way to sort the contract items to make them easier to find. Hard to change items here also.

Drew

difficult to fit different operating styles

At the start it was good. Adoption started off well. We struggled though with the widespread adoption for two main reasons: 1) It wasn't most general contractors primary Construction management tool. so it became another system for them to work in which meant we were not always getting updated information because they would invoice in our system and run the job in theirs, thus hampering the information accuracy in our system 2) the cost to use the system for all users hurt this adoption. We chose not to cover all vendor costs ourselves (because more than half the users where outside of our organization) this served as a point of contention and an issue with adoption, especially given point 1. My recommendation would be two fold. Increase market share of projectmates users and find a way to balance internal mandatory user costs vs single job or multiple job costs from vendors and contractors. Lastly, the system struggled with internal adoption due to how inflexible certain aspects are. It would drive some people to track, store, and use other systems instead of projectmates which has made the system more fungible as people are not attached to it or are overly annoyed with using it.

Pros

Financial controls and tracking Custom reporting nice Contract and change order tracking Deals well with construction Good customer support

Cons

Not easy to update or modify prebuilt modules (schedules, tasks, budgets, etc.) Doesn't talk to other systems (no erp integration) No unified portfolio view Cannot work on live documents Doesn't work for other asset life cycles

neal

Industry: Architecture & Planning

tremendous software

Pros

The software is very simple to use, full of great information and very fast

Cons

i don't have anything to share or this area

4.29/5 out of 81 reviews