• Pros

• "The software is very simple to use, full of great information and very fast"

• "I like the reports that I can get from it. Kaely Culbertson has been a great help and resource!"

• "What i like best about this product is that it allows for a seemless communication between internal users and outside consultants. "

• Cons

• "No complaints; however, I have noticed a bit of a lag in going from screen to screen as of late. "

• "Projectmates is so extensive and with ongoing updates, it can be overwhelming without proper as well as ongoing training. Perhaps review training options available-nothing else to add. "

• "I would like to extract data so we can analyze the financials but I was able to screenshot but would prefer a CSV file."

Browse Projectmates Reviews

Chuck from Stonebridge Companies

Stonebridge Review

Very positive. Helps to keep the budget and costs organized.

Pros

Easy to use; flexible; somewhat intuitive.

Cons

Vendor report feature could be improved. Vendor Summary should include the sum total of the original contract, plus any change orders added. As it is now, you have to use a calculator to find this number. Also, if you show the total amount of committed cost, this would allow for the balance of what's remaining in a commitment to be quickly identified. Again, the only way to see what's left is to use a calculator to find the commitment balance.

Reasons for Choosing Projectmates

Projectmates is more Owner friendly. Procore is more suited for a GC.

Doug from Bargreen Ellingson

Industry: Restaurants

State of the Art Platform

Love it.

Pros

Functionality from bid submittal to approval and invoicing.

Cons

When setting up a project it would be helpful to require a job name in the "Bid" column so all projects get alphabetized which makes it much easier to locate. Also helpful would be the ability to sort by project data and/or to be able to search projects that have been submitted, contract status and completion.

Reasons for Switching to Projectmates

Customer requirement

Response from Systemates

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your Projectmates review. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We will share your valuable feedback with the entire Projectmates team, and let them know their work is being recognized.

Stephen from Murphy USA

ProjectMates is adequate - just not great

It is OK, not great for managing Real Estate Deal Making.

Pros

The ease of logging into the system -honestly it seems that many other features are not intuitive and take too many clicks to do what needs to be done

Cons

The threethings that would be most valuable to me for Systemates to greatly improve(assuming the schedule feature works) are: 1) Ease of creating ad hoc reports and the format of those reports - huge disappointment that makes my job more difficult and time consuming 2) Discussion Forum - needs to work more like an email. When I went to post a reply to an existing discussion: i) the entire message chain needs to visible; ii) I should be able to add comments into an existing message and change font color, size or something for a new comments to stand out. 3) invoice approval system/process - i should able to forward or question an invoice to another party on projectmates or a specific project If you can't fix any of the above i need to be able to multiple screens open at the same time and the use of multiple internet software at the same time

David from AHT Cooling

Industry: Supermarkets

Project Mates for the supermarket refrigeration setor

Great product for AHT Cooling.

Pros

For myself, I was to implement the software to assist in performing, and documenting our Preventive Maintenance Service to our clients. I have 5 stores that were assigned to me. I found that keeping track of what I had completed, and what was still outstanding from the preloaded information of refrigeration assets was very easy to use. I have experiences with a lot of maintenance software programs such as Yardi, Boss, Service Now, IMES. Very predictive in how it was behaving after a few days of using it. My Manager is submitting along with 30 + additional stores, the documentation to the owners directly from PM. I'm sure our clients will find it is very customer friendly. They should be able to see how their stores are performing directly from the information I recorded. This information has a lot to do with a LEED report that your software actually will be looked at from the EPA and several other agencies. Our clients are depending on a healthy rebate! Thank you for a great product! Keep up the class A performing software for us FT.

Cons

If I needed to delete a recorded section. You need to take 2 unnecessary steps that after a few edits started to eat up my time. Just try to have it a single click, delete, re enter.

Response from Systemates

Replied July 2020

Brian from Main Event Entertainment

Main Event Entertainment Review

I have a had an excellent experience with PMates thru the years. It has given me the visibility i need to make business decisions as well as report to the Executive team. It also gives a check & balance with our Accounting Software. We continue to expand our User groups as well as expand our use of the added features to the software.

Pros

The out of the box ease of use. The fact that it is set up for the End-user such as a Retailer/Restaurant Company and not from a GC viewpoint.

Cons

1. The Reporting feels too cumbersome and PMates doesn't give you many choices of Report formats which requires my team to export to excel to create Pivot Tables and Graphs. 2. The Budget view doesn't allow you to keep the Parent rollup view locked. As soon as you click the 2nd time, the budget expands again.

Reasons for Choosing Projectmates

Features, familiarity, ease of Rollout and Training Support, Price.

Tammy from Eyemart Express

ProjectMates Keeps Us On Track

Pros

Besides the fact we have a great representative helping and supporting us along the way with this product, the product itself is really great. Coming from another corporate entity that was in the midst of a 4 year renovation project, I really wish we had something like this when that large project kicked off. The fact that you can tailor it to your needs, alleviates the one size fits all limitations. Instead it can be created to work with the milestones needed within your company for a successful project. Giving other departments visibility also creates a broader partnership for a successful project.

Cons

It would not be the product at all. It's more internal and getting departments to see it as a resource and to utilize it as such. The program is only successful if it is being used. Internal buy in can sometimes be difficult getting them on board. But it is getting better as more things and informational links are available for them to get what they need.

David from Main Event Entertainment

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, needed information close at hand, all encompassing.

Cons

Submitting process, scheduling & report writing

Response from Systemates

Replied July 2020

Jeffrey from TRA

Industry: Utilities

Projectmates Features

Overall experience has been good

Pros

I liked the ability to conduct a Global Search of the Project which was removed.

Cons

Removal of the Global Search feature. Not being able to search through the entire project for key words.

Kyle from Rockford Construction

Construction Manager use

We as a CM firm have used this software for one of our clients. It is not what we typically use for the rest of our clients but it is VERY functional and user friendly. The App is great in that you can do all of your daily updates/paperwork off of your phone if you wanted to. I would recommend this to any of my clients to manage their construction department.

Pros

Ease of use while completing daily reporting and uploading photos from your device.

Cons

Some of the navigation is cumbersome. It seems like there are too many places to go for the same item. There is a Project photos folder yet there is also a "Photos" upload area that is totally separate.

Ted from Booth Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

my review

Pros

Allows everyone to access all files of project. Approving pay applications are a breeze as i just click "approve"

Cons

Too many steps to get where I need to be. There is a learning curve to make sure you crossed every T and dotted every I

Response from Systemates

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're happy to see you've given us four stars for overall quality, but sorry to see that there's only a low likelihood for your recommendation of Projectmates. Having very positive feedback from the State of Idaho, the rating you provided came as a surprise to us. Our goal is the total satisfaction of our clients and software users. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation, as feedback helps us with continuous improvement. You may reach us anytime at info@systemates.com or 214-217-4100. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning your confidence in our product.

Jennifer from Le Duff America

July 2015

Building Restaurants easier with geat Software!

Pros

I like the Contracts, Change Orders, and Invoice side of this software the best. Most Project Management software has document storage but lacks on the Financial side. This one does not! I can track my budget to commitments as well as track what I have paid to date. I can also set the approvals for each financial module easily as well as change them on a Project level as my needs change. As for Systemates, owners of Projectmates, they are extremely responsive and helpful. As the system administrator for this software I need to tweak roles, picklist and dropdowns, and approvals often, they help me think through my changes before I make them and help me make small program changes with me when I get stuck. By far, this is on of the most affordable programs out there.

Cons

I am able to get data out of the system to do special analysis however; I would like it if the line items details on the contracts would export as well.

Rebecca from Ensign Services

Very helpful

Projectmates has given my construction team the tools we need to keep everything organized, detailed, and on time, at our fingertips. It took a little while to really learn properly all that it's capable of, but once everyone was on board, we've never looked back.

Pros

How in-depth the organization of our projects it goes

Cons

The learning curve. There have been certain aspects of it that took a while to really sink in with the team, so took extra training to keep everyone on the same page.

gracie from TRA

You can't go wrong.

Pros

I love the fact that every one project added to PM can keep everyone on the same page. Whatever the issue or need may be, whether field reports, submittals, pay estimates, photos, etc., once you become part of the project and acquire the necessary rights, you will always be in the loop. It's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the basic features. It can save a company money by not having to mail hard copy documents on a regular basis because they are all available on Projectmates. I also like the fact that to date, help is always available by PM staff.

Kate from Johnson Development Associates

Excellent customer service and support. Project Management software that truly meets our needs.

Automated tasks we've been managing manually with spreadsheets. Helping us to develop processes and procedures on how we manage projects. Payments to contractors are processed more quickly. Anyone on the team can get project information in real time. Mobile app allows users on the job site to quickly update information and stay up to date.

Pros

Once you get everything up and running, it is easy to track the flow of information from the beginning to end of a project. Having our contractors enter their own invoices into the system saves a ton of time. Budget tracking is clear, concise and provides much needed financial insight into a project . Customer Service and Support are the best I've ever received with a software product!

Cons

Customized reporting is not as robust as I would prefer. Small annoyances like the date format, not being able to apply certain changes across all projects and they have to be updated manually, contract items don't show the balance left to be billed and you have to calculate manually.

Rob from Trader Joe's

Industry: Supermarkets

Reports

Overall I find Project Mates to be very helpful in my work and helps keep our costs in line.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow and would be nice if it was less fields to fill out.

James from CARRNOW Construction Management

Projectmates for Construction Management

I have been using Projectmates since 1999. This product was developed by Architects who really understand the intricacies of project management. The "system" is easy to use and the modules are intuitive. Along the way, Projectmates has continually updated the system and is very interested in user feedback. Often, the user feedback is incorporated in new software releases. Recently, we got an assignment for a Program Management application. The contract for this assignment is an "AIA Standard Form of Agreement for Use in a Multiple Project Program". In the contract, is a paragraph defining the expectations of The Program Manager which includes the implementation of a web-based "Project Management Information System"(PMIS). The PMIS will be used to receive, distribute, and maintain Program Reports, Program Schedules, Plans & Specifications, and the myriad of documents it takes to manage a Program successfully. The "My Reports" module is a customizable reporting tool that is the perfect way to keep the management team informed of executive level reports on a weekly basis. Projectmates has exceeded the expectations of my clients on this and numerous projects over the years. Projectmates is a standardized system that we use on all of our projects. The support staff is always available to help/coach on the special reports and specific uses that we have required over the years. Suffice to say, I am a raving fan of the Systemates - Projectmates team.

LE from TRINITY

Ease of Sharing

N/A - has not changed my work experience - just using a different program to share information

Pros

Allows various stake holders to receive the same information in a timely manner

Cons

Integration and initial setup was challenging (time consuming uploading information and deciding what information to share publicly)

Reasons for Switching to Projectmates

cost and information sharing, etc.

Response from Systemates

Replied July 2020

July 2015

Daniel from RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

Online Efficiency

Pros

This is a great way to store project files without relying on your computers hard drive. Having a central location to store and access needed information for each project helps a Project Manger like myself better manage the project.

Cons

There should be a better way to list the project on the home page. I have so many projects that it creates multiple pages to click through. The home page should be able to list every project or give the project manager the ability to "hide" projects that aren't access as frequently.

Drew from Knotel

difficult to fit different operating styles

At the start it was good. Adoption started off well. We struggled though with the widespread adoption for two main reasons: 1) It wasn't most general contractors primary Construction management tool. so it became another system for them to work in which meant we were not always getting updated information because they would invoice in our system and run the job in theirs, thus hampering the information accuracy in our system 2) the cost to use the system for all users hurt this adoption. We chose not to cover all vendor costs ourselves (because more than half the users where outside of our organization) this served as a point of contention and an issue with adoption, especially given point 1. My recommendation would be two fold. Increase market share of projectmates users and find a way to balance internal mandatory user costs vs single job or multiple job costs from vendors and contractors. Lastly, the system struggled with internal adoption due to how inflexible certain aspects are. It would drive some people to track, store, and use other systems instead of projectmates which has made the system more fungible as people are not attached to it or are overly annoyed with using it.

Pros

Financial controls and tracking Custom reporting nice Contract and change order tracking Deals well with construction Good customer support

Cons

Not easy to update or modify prebuilt modules (schedules, tasks, budgets, etc.) Doesn't talk to other systems (no erp integration) No unified portfolio view Cannot work on live documents Doesn't work for other asset life cycles

neal from mcmillan pazdan smith Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Projectmates

tremendous software

Pros

The software is very simple to use, full of great information and very fast

Cons

i don't have anything to share or this area

Tom from RaceTrac Petroleum

July 2015

ProjectMates is great for our Project's data and financial management!

Pros

The program and user face is easily navigable. It really allows for many users from different backgrounds to interact and share data for all of projects. It has centralized all management of our data, scheduling, consultant interaction, and financial processing.

Cons

The only thing that really bothers me is not being able to drag and drop out of emails/Outlook format. That we must save data from an email to the CPU and then upload the file.

Brad from RaceTrac Petroleum

RaceTrac - Engineering Project Management

Pros

Easy to use and share files with everyone involved in a project.

Cons

The scheduling feature could be easier to use. It'd be useful to manipulate the headings for each project as some have unique hurdles that don't quite fit into the standard template. Also, if you could customize report generation (ie: a list of all the projects) that wasn't just done alphabetically, allow the user to choose the order they want the report generated in. For example, on a team meeting to review outstanding projects, I would rather go through the most complex projects first.

Nolan from Racetrac

July 2015

This product made my life easier every day.

Pros

What I like the most about this product is that it is extremely reliable and it has allowed me to transfer large files to not only people in my organization, but also to outside consultants and to people who arent even "users" in the system.

Cons

What I like least is that the system is not easily integrated into JD Edwards meaning that we must print out all of or financial approvals and walk them through accounting. If this integration is done then the product will be even more valuable.

July 2015

Justin from RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

Good and getting better

Pros

I like that it serves so many purposes. It's an extremely organized FTP site that is easy to use. It handles purchase orders and invoices with ease. It's just a great project management tool.

Cons

I think there are small things that you keep fixing. People miss my comments a lot of the times on links I send them. What I've started doing is just sending the link to myself and then copying the link in an actual email.

July 2015

brandon from Racetrac Petroleum, Inc.

Projectmates Experience the past 3 Years

Pros

Cons

I am a little hard on the system because I primary work on the admin side. I wish it could be updated to add additional functionality.

Travis from Racetrac Perroleum

July 2015

Solid platform for document, schedule and payment management

Pros

It's very intuitive to use. If you can search the Internet and click links, you can use Projectmates.

Cons

Moving and copying files can take a bit longer than you want. You have to use file selection and action menues rather than quick keys like windows.

Allen from RaceTrac Petroleum

Projectmates Review

Pros

capability of having paperless purchase orders and invoices

Cons

The fact that you cannot drag a file directly from an email as an attachment to upload.

July 2015

Timothy from Racetrac Petroleum, Inc.

July 2015

Review from a limited user.

Pros

Being able to store and access files from a central location and being able to share those files with other users and non-users alike. I also like the drag and drop function of uploading.

Cons

The folder layout and the multiple steps it takes to get to the folder I am trying to access.

Mignon from Petco Animal Supplies, Inc

June 2015

Blown away by this program!

I could wax poetic about Projectmates for days. This program is one of the easiest tools I have ever used to manage projects; large or small. The customer service is outstanding, they go so far above and beyond expectations. Any perceived "cons" are hardly worth mentioning as it seems every time I've even thought of something they are already working on solution for it. I have never had the pleasure of working with a software company that gives the kind of personalized and lightning fast support that Projectmates does; it is really incredible. The ease of use is fantastic, our vendors pick up the hang of it very quickly and the few areas that can get a little sticky take a quick phone call and everyone is sorted out and moving forward again. The program is very intuitive and really impressive.

July 2015

Mark from Poma Retail Developement, Inc.

Projectmates Review

Pros

The peretual push toward improving its user interface. No product is perfect, but Projectmates perpetually strives to improve their core functionality through listening to their clients' feedback, which I like.

Cons

There is not much to report here. Great product that has made my company more efficient.

Erick from Montclair State University

June 2015

Easy to learn and comes with some very upseful features

ProjectMates is an easy software to learn and comes with some very helpful features that have made our Construction Process run smoothly. Its way to handle RFI and Submittals is probably the best feature. These items are share in real time and the people responsible to respond to them are able to provide the solution as soon as they have it. Their Customer Services is outstanding. We always get help right away no matter what the issue may be. Kaely and April have gone out of their way many time to help us in issues that otherwise, we would have not been able to solve without their invaluable experience and willingness to provide us right away with the best solution to it.

Brad from RaceTrac Petroleum

ProjectMates

It's easy to set up new projects and add users. Straightforward process to create folders and organize the project online, and it's easy to upload files/send links to third party consultants of construction plans. The main complaint would be with the scheduling feature. It's confusing and hard to use. It needs to be

Pros

Easy to set up projects and upload/send files.

Cons

The scheduling feature.

Avery from RaceTrac

July 2015

Fantastic tool, makes project management and coordination easy!

Pros

I really liked the ability to coordinate things amongst many people. It was very easy to use and exceptionally user-friendly.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. I have had nothing but good things to say when using Projectmates.

August 2015

Kyle from Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.

Western PS CCA Services

The software was easy to use and helped organize the construction submittals. The Contractor was already familiar with the software so that helped. I wish I had received an alert that my license was getting ready to expire. The project was delayed so the license expired prior to the project finishing

Response from Systemates

Replied August 2015

Project delays are sometimes unavoidable. However, if delays occur and push project closeout past the contract end date, Projectmates/Systemates is more than happy to prorate the contract to give you additional months as needed. Thanks so much for the comment Kyle; we'll work on providing additional alerts prior to license expiration.

Adam from National Cardiovascular Partners

January 2016

Great software with only a few tweaks left.

This is by far the best project management software I've used to date. The functionality and ease of use is perfect for my organization. However, there are a few improvements that could be made to the accounting and scheduling portions. I would like to ability to utilize the contingency/allowances in the budget like a checkbook, where change orders are deducted from that specific contingency/allowance line item. With the scheduling, there appears to be a glitch, which may have been fixed in the last update, that doesn't allow me to live update activity dates to match actuals.

Noelle from Teavana

June 2015

Great program backed with top-notch customer service

From the moment you are introduced to the program, the customer service and technical staff is there to support you. I think that's been the biggest benefit of using this project management program. Instead of searching through user manuals looking for an answer, technical help is a only an email or phone call away. The customer service really does set this program apart from the rest. The program itself has been relatively easy to use, and definitely gets easier as you get used to navigating through the multitude of features designed to help your team members stay organized.

Brooke from Horizon Retail Construction, Inc.

Projectmates

Good

Pros

Functionality to every aspect of construction project, from preconstruction to post construction and close out.

Cons

this is more of a user issue - the time frame it takes for approvals on invoices and change orders.

Michael from Hilton Worldwide

January 2016

Streamlines the cost management process for construction projects

We have successfully implemented Projectmates on a number of projects to streamline our cost control processes. We are now using the software on projects in multiple countries around the world with no issues with currency conversion. Benefits include tracking system for approvals of contracts, change orders and invoices, central storage system for photos, documents, contracts, etc and ability to integrate with accounting system. Another benefit is the company continues to work to improve the product by actually listening to their customers!

Milan from Lidl US

Two improvements

Pros

Fast and agile, straightforward interface

Cons

1) Automatized reports - currently you can only set up the report day but not actual timing. Can you add this function? 2) Would be useful to auto switch to a specific project stage (e.g. Bidding/Under Construction status) based on a specific date (e.g. GC Award planned finish date/End of Construction Planned date).

Lisa from Hilton Worldwide Architecture & Construction for HGV

July 2015

ProjectMates has been a great tool for our PM Team!

Pros

The ProjectMates Team has been very responsive to our requests for customization to better meet our needs.

Leticia from Education

Great platform!

The client we used this for was a perfect client. They had new convenience stores going up left and right so bidding to them was easy.

Pros

I like this product... I used it when bidding to a client and I was able to access their drawings, see any RFIs, or any addendums from this site.

Cons

I didn't like how I had to individually download each folder and couldn't download everything into one large zip folder.

July 2015

Samie from RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

Simple but efficient.

Pros

It has a simple layout, which makes it easy to learn and to teach to new users.

Cons

It is very not mobile friendly, which is not ideal while traveling.

Deborah from Intermountain Renovation Consultants, LLC

January 2016

We are a Full Serivice Hospitality Renovation Company with Construction, Design and Purchasing

We have been with Projectmates for 2 years. The implementation team really listened to our needs and customized the software to fit our needs. We have made changes within our organization since the initial set up and are able to seamlessly incorporate those changes within Projectmates. I am especially impressed with their technical support response knowledge and timeliness as well as the continuous enhancements to the software. We have also benefitted from the webinars Projectmates offers.

February 2015

Tom from Capital Projects Construction

February 2015

Implemented this software in three organizations

Pros

This is an excellent software for the managing real estate development and construction projects on a macro basis.

Cons

It's a bit user unfriendly for the average real estate professional who may not want to learn a new software for a one off project or two.

Drew from PM Technologies, Inc

Excellent Customer Service!

Our company recently implemented ProjectMates as our Program & Program Management platform. From day one, ProjectMates was there to provide quick and easy tutorials and instructions on how best to utilize the software. Default reports were provided and address our needs. We have reached out to ProjectMates many times when we've encountered a module were were not experienced with and ProjectMates was a great help in transitioning us through the learning curves quickly!

Jacob from Casey's General Stores

January 2016

Easy to use, and easy to larn as you go.

The friendly user interface, makes learning the software particularly easy. We have found that even those that aren't very tech-savy, have been able to successfully navigate the site, and use it's features for processes like bidding, change orders, invoicing, etc. The customer service from an Admin point of view, has been exceptional. When an issue is presented to them, they are quick to point out the corrective action needed to remedy the situation.

Victor Duodu from Universal Advocate Services, Inc.

VICTORS CONSTRUCTION

Pros

IT WAS VERY EFFECTIVE AND MORE CREATIVE

Cons

IT IS FAST AND MORE RELIABLE FOR MY PROJECTS

Cameron from RaceTrac Petroleum

Projectmates for Work

Pros

I like that is allows all documents and information to be consolidated in one, easily accessible place.

Cons

It could be slightly more user friendly. Creating projects and searching for information can be slightly confusing when you first begin and takes practice before it becomes easy.

June 2015

Becki from Ensign Services, Inc.

Great software

This software has made our construction teams' lives so much easier. Everything is there at our fingertips, and organized. It took us a few months to get used to it, and really utilize it to its full potential, but once we all got the hang of it, it has been a dream. Also, any time we've stumbled with it, the customer service team was always so helpful.

Nick from General Contractor

Great Building need Great Software

Pros

On my last project we used this program as a beta test and worked really great for what we needed. I preferred Projectmates but I don't have the ultimate decision at my company. I liked the contract side, change orders, and document storage.