Browse ProjectTeam.com Reviews

Shannon from The Federal Proposal Experts

Industry: Defense & Space

What other collaboration platforms try to be

Like with any elegant solution/tool, I keep finding ways to use it across my business processes. Other platforms seemed like they expected me to build my processes around the tool.

Pros

The ease of use in adding people to forms and providing access to documents. Seriously intuitive and user-friendly. Doing the same thing in something like, SharePoint, takes many more steps and also Administrator access. Also, the user interface is seamless. I don't even have to think about "how" to do something. The buttons and clicks all make sense.

Cons

It took me a minute to understand how "forms" were used...like, literally, a minute. Once I got that, my learning curve was flat.

Mike from Advance Residential Concrete LLC

Very simple, yet detailed software.

My personal experience was great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was assigned to our startup process and to say she was very helpful, is a major understatement. She taught me first to understand how it works and then how to go about it. She also showed me some shortcuts and tips that speeds certain things up with you not having to do things twice. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rockstar!

Pros

The biggest sell on this software is the ability to tailor it around your own business and not have to tailor your business around the software. The “out of the box” forms is very helpful, but it’s even more convenient that you can custom build your own to suit your needs and wants based on your reports you would like to see.

Cons

I was somewhat disappointed that it does not have the ability to allow you to enter formulas to automatically calculate invoice line items such as QTY x Rates. Supposedly that is a feature that will be added pretty soon.

Reasons for Choosing ProjectTeam.com

It is very user friendly whether you are on your PC, tablet or phone. It is also very complex in a very simple way.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied April 2021

Hey Mike! Thanks for the review :) I wanted to let you know that we added the options to include unit/amount-based line items in your contracts, change orders, and payment application forms. The new fields and table columns will automatically calculate your invoice line items.

Joseph from Invenergy

Industry: Renewables & Environment

ProjectTeam Application Review

The staff at ProjectTeam had immense industry knowledge that helped to collaborate with our internal SME's throughout the implementation process. They were always responsive and willing to work within our needs.

Pros

The software was customizable to incorporate the many different types of projects we have and the individual processes within them. The software was very ease to use and the site layout had a simple flow to it.

Cons

The mobile use is via a web browser, I'd love to see an mobile app of the software for easier use in the field.

Reasons for Choosing ProjectTeam.com

Industry experience, customizable software, price

John from Faithful & Gould

An Early Review

As a construction program management company, we generated and store a tremendous amount of information and data that is shared by a multitude. Project Team disseminates that body of information quite easily.

Pros

Although I have only been exposed to Project Team for a couple of months, I am finding it to be quite straight forward and easy to use and to get up to speed with. The on problem I had was resolved and taken care of immediately through the Help desk.

Cons

Some of the Detail data entry level are not very intuitive.

Rachel from Alpha Corporation

Game Changer

Overall, Project Team has allowed me to perform my job easier, and allow me to spend more time actually leading and managing the project. Project Team has changed the way in how Construction Managers not only track items and perform overall document control but also it allows us to engage with the designers, owners, contractors, and other stake holders more efficiently, and has even improved team relationship building as well.

Pros

I have had the chance to use several modules, including Specifications, Drawings, RFIs, Submittals, and Emails, and Files. Project Team allows you to maintain an create an accurate and detailed report within seconds, and it is easy to navigate around each module quickly. I love using the Reference Links option because it allows me to keep documents and forms reference all together. I also like the interface, everything is easy to find and I like how quick it is to search for documents, and filter items. The Workflow section is key in the projects I work on as it helps us keep track of important items, and force the project team to stay engaged in the review process, and close items out quicker. After all of these perks, I think the BEST thing about Project Team is the customizability. This allows the CM to tailor the platform to the project and client needs. Overall Project Team is a huge value add, and plays a pivotal role in Construction Management.

Cons

I think the Report section is amazing, however, I feel it is not as easy to use as all other modules. I understand that the benefit of tailoring a log but I feel a more obvious live Dashboard system or display would be beneficial for those quick glances and for folks who have limited use or access to Project Team. The Workflow section would be better if there was a way to see which step is an item in at the main Submittal or RFI or form page. It would be great if we can quickly see that Submittal 22 is in Doug's court right away without having to open it. Also, if there could be a Upload Attachment option in the Bulk Edit option, that would be great as well.

Erik from Veksel Consulting & Contracting, LLC.

Cost Effective and Flexible

Wonderful customer service through development and implementation. Readily available training and support from ProjectTeam staff. Good follow through.

Pros

Software is simple to set up, deploy and utilize throughout project lifecycle. It offers flexibility to create unique forms and customize to suit our needs. Certainly the most cost effective solution when paired with the current (and future) features.

Cons

Somewhat limited features at present. ProjectTeam is continually developing new features and this software has great potential. Adding a scheduling module and a true project cost tracking module would be very beneficial.

Reasons for Choosing ProjectTeam.com

Combination of cost (to implement, and licensing), flexibility, and potential for future features.

Ted from Gorman General Contractors

Flexible PM Application

Pros

Product is open for customization to match our needs and support is excellent.

Cons

Standard reports that come with the application could be expanded. Some of the Forms that are used in the demos could be included as well. The sample project could include those forms and reports and if the end user wanted to add them to their projects, it could be a big time saver on implementation.

Cost and customization

Cost and customization

John from Costanza Builders Inc

Customize Project Team to Meet the Needs of Your Business

Using PT has been a great experience, they continually add new features and the organization's staff are very friendly, responsive and service minded; they quickly respond to provide help when needed and they also make customization available as a service

Pros

PT is fully customizable including the gathering of data, what is shared, who it's shared with and how it's reported; its very user friendly and was easy to implement with our existing processes and procedures

Cons

After doing our research and from our experience with our old project management software, PT provided us with what we were looking for

Reasons for Switching to ProjectTeam.com

PT is fully customizable and is entirely web based which is essential for communicating with our team and external parties

Tracy from Costanza Builders.com

ProjectTeam Review

Good overall experience. Several features make my job easier, like activity log (tracks progress of documents), communications directly through a specific document screen (discuss submittals with subs, architects and engineers through the submittal screen), and preset or custom reports.

Pros

ProjectTeam makes it easy to find very specific information out of the volumes of information required for project management. Great customer service.

Cons

New users don't always know when they're looking at the right screen because they can't see all the fields. They might find what they're looking for more easily if their pages showed every field by default. Then hide fields with log configure after they know what they want to see/not see.

Esha from Invenergy

Industry: Oil & Energy

User Friendly Design

Pros

Very user friendly design, intuitive, and helpful support team. Support is willing to take our comments into account to improve software where needed.

Cons

Applying some functions that are valuable in real life construction processes may take time to implement.

Wayne from Solution Guidance Corporation

ProjectTeam makes our construction project more efficient

The application has given me total transparency across all of my projects. My company handles numerous design-build projects. Before using ProjectTeam our project team had issues trying to get a handle on every aspect of every project. We have not only centralized our data but are now in "Sync" with all of our contractors by "Sharing" the project info with all entities of the project saving my company time and money. Thank you ProjectTeam!

Pros

ProjectTeam is a cloud based software and that allows us to track important processes on projects. Even though we started off just using in-house, to fully utilize the power of the system it's better to get all other members of the project on board as well. At minimum, we like to have our subcontractors logging in and create documents to share with us which helps eliminate a lot of the double entry that you typically have in other systems. We've found that when using ProjectTeam it helps build a sense of trust with others on the project knowing all important data can be found in one place eliminating many of the usual headaches.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but ProjectTeam is a living software and is always getting new features and releases. This is great but does mean there should be someone at your company that can keep up with all the changes to make sure you're able to get the most out of the system. They do have many webinars and emails giving an overview of new features as they come out but I always think someone at your company should act as the system admin and make a point to try and learn all the new changes.

Jordan from GovTact

Easy to use project management

ProjectTeam was super simple to get started. All they did was send us a sign-up link and we were in. Our initial impressions of the software were that it's easy to use and pretty straight forward. It didn't take my team long to get trained because it was so easy. The part that we use most (and really the main reason for choosing ProjectTeam) is custom forms. We have a lot of unique requirements in terms of things we track on our projects so it was key to acquire something that was flexible enough to let us do that. I didn't really find anything else out there that allowed you to do that. Other than the custom stuff we're tracking we also use it for basics like RFIs, submittals, and field reports. Whenever we've had any issues in the system their support team has been quick to respond and help resolve them. Overall, I feel like this is the perfect tool for our needs and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something robust enough to track large amounts of construction data and easy enough that users actually will log in and use it.

Pros

Adding users is a breeze and getting them access to the right projects and forms is easy. Overall, the entire system is just simple to use. The forms, the files area, action items, etc. all work well and easy to understand. It's not like I have to click a lot of different links just to get to the information needed. The system is fast and lets me get in, out, and on with my day.

Cons

Wish they had a scheduling module. The system is outstanding for tracking document control but doesn't yet have a scheduling piece. During support discussions with them, they have mentioned scheduling is coming so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

John from Jacobs

Tailored Construction Project Management

Pros

ProjectTeam is easily configurable and will allow you to do business your way. We were easily able to recreate our standard forms, processes, and reports in ProjectTeam and were able to create new forms, processes, and reports to capture and report on data and records we had not been able to manage in our old system. The ease of use and flexibility of ProjectTeam truly sets it apart from the competition.

Cons

Forms, fields, workflows, share groups, etc are all configured at the project level, which is good if you want to do "one-off" projects, but makes it difficult and time consuming when you need to make the same change for all projects. User security and access can only be managed on custom fields which gives users access to forms and fields they should not have access to.

Katherine from Tristar Engineering & Management

Very useful tool

We are using ProjectTeam to track all documents for civil/highway construction projects. The ease of customizing on the fly is a huge feature. The ProjectTeam support staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions. Overall very happy.

Pros

The customization of the forms is the feature I appreciate the most. For our needs, we don't use a lot of the default forms, but are able to build any forms we need exactly as we need them. We have also started using the accounting cost codes and picklist sets for ease of global project information.

Cons

The reporting functionality is still being expanded, but I know they will get it to where we need it to be.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Katherine! Since your review, we've expanded the reporting capabilities and feel confident in saying we offer one of the most robust reports and dashboard solutions on the market. You can easily drag-and-drop fields from any data source into your reports and export to file types such as HTML, PDF, Excel, CSV, and RTF. You can also schedule reports to get delivered to you and other teammates on a recurring schedule of your choosing.

Andreas from Alpha Corporation

Organized Constr. Mgmt. documentation around action items and customization in simplified complexity

Pros

The customization features allows for innovation and creativity. Forms can be created to fit the needs a particular issue. The integration between documentation reference, Action Item creation, and attachments provide the ability to review all related documents in different organized ways. Search and filter per document form helps to vie related document. Reporting is one of the strongest parts of ProjectTeam. Customized Reports can be created to fit the organization needs. We created separate reports for all our shareholders. Every customized report can be customized further before the final view by inserting additional filters and views on all field.

Cons

Although the system is customizable, there is the need for more structure on certain areas that are commonly used for different teams. Depending on the usage and type of work, ProjectTeam could have ready to use applications. There is the need for general search ability.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Andreas! Since your review in 2017, we added a project-wide search in mid-2018 and full global search (across all projects) in early 2020. You can filter your search results by form type such as RFIs, Drawings, Contracts, Budget Items, etc. Your search results can be viewed in either a list view or an expanded view to help you find what you need quickly.

Brian from Solution Guidance Corporation

ProjectTeam is the future

License costs were lower than competitors, implementation investment was a fraction of other solutions, ramp up time was immediate. With all that it is still an extremely robust application that is easily scale-able to any size project in any industry.

Pros

Ease of use! I have used several products on the market over the last 25 years that have all required specialty consultants months to configure and end users days to learn. With ProjectTeam we were able to learn on our own in hours and efficiently configure our solution in days.

Cons

ProjectTeam comes out of the box with a robust catalog of system forms. While you can build upon the system form with additional fields and custom workflow you are restricted from hiding or renaming the system fields. We were easily able to work around this when it created a problem by simply taking a few minutes to create a custom form.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Brian! Just letting you know that we added the ability to hide, alias, and reorder out-of-the-box system fields in early 2020. That way, you can mix and match custom fields and system fields to configure your various form types to look and act as you need them to.

Socrates from Alpha Corporation

Great experience using this software and I believe I speak for my whole team, not only personally.

Pros

That is very easy to use and customize. Our role as an engineering company is not the same on every project and therefore our needs change from project to project. Especially being able to customize for different projects has been a very effective tool.

Cons

Not many things I don't like about the software. The one thing I am still not used to is to remember to share every time I upload something.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Socrates! The sharing features allow you to keep information private before deciding to share with other team members. For example, you can create an RFI and share it with other members of your internal company to make sure all the necessary information is there before sharing it with your designers/architects. Update: In early 2020, we added the ability to define "auto-share" rules. Rules can be set up to automatically share records based on conditions such as create, share, or gets access.

Dan from Costanza Builders Inc

ProjectTeam- Best bang for the buck!

Pros

Overall cost and budget tracking are great. Utilizing PCO's with CO's was an absolute requirement. The customizable reporting features really set it apart from the competition.

Cons

Easy integration with Foundation is lacking, we need to manually export & import.

Reasons for Switching to ProjectTeam.com

Prolog was not web based or cloud accessible.

Ken from Reynolds Enterprises, Inc.

Daily Reports

If a 66 year old guy can use it the younger crowd will have no issues

Pros

The daily report is easy to use and clone the next days project. Saves a lot of time. I can add items and remove with ease. I’m a terrible speller and I love the spell check as you go.

Cons

All works well tech support is great Have never had an issue in 3 years

Leizl from Smoot Construction Company

User Friendly

It's user friendly and easy to work around it plus the benefits of customer support help whenever I need them.

Pros

It's easy to use and the customer support is really good.

Cons

I'm learning more about this product so i can't really say anything that i like the least because i am also in the learning process and customer support is there to help.

Reasons for Switching to ProjectTeam.com

Prolog doesn't have the advanced features like Project Team has and Prolog has not improved its product.

Ron from American Cable and Wire

ProjectTeam for Tenant Space

We like it, it's useful. Have recommended to others.

Pros

The software application is easy to use and can be customized in times where you need to track different data then what is shown by default.We track change orders and payapps in the software and like how easy it is to have some fields private but share others.

Cons

Not much. In some cases, they need better training modules. I know they said they are working on a set of videos series so maybe that will come soon.

Leah from Faithful+Gould

We have been using ProjectTeam.com since January, 2018 and it performs above our expectations.

Our client is European and the time difference poses a bit of difficulty in delivering drawings, RFIs, etc in a timely manner. ProjectTeam.com is very user friendly and meets our needs for new users.

Pros

The software system can be customized but it does not have to be in order to be usable on Day 1! The support team is always quick to respond to questions and provide use insight. I have used other electronic project management software systems and ProjectTeam.com is much more user friendly than some systems that are more expensive and take months to set up. I would highly recommend this system and have already.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about the system. I would prefer to be able to issue an invitation and create the credentials for a new member in one step. As it is set up, the administrator issues an invitiation to join the project. Once accepted, you have to then give access/share rights to forms and fields for that person. This can be a bit tedious.

Leah from Faithful+Gould

ProjectTeam Recommendation

ProjectTeam was deployed on a project that had European contributors and it significantly helped with document transfer to them. The news feed gave me immediate information about who in Europe had been working in the system and on what documents when we arrived at work each morning.

Pros

The system is extremely user friendly and provides a great platform for sharing very large files with other team members. The technical support that is available, is very attentive to solving any issue brought to them.

Cons

Some of the forms that are system generated have titles that cannot be modified to fit our project needs.

Kyle from ADELA MGMT LLC

How well does ProjectTeam Stack Up?

ProjectTeam, for the cost, is absolutely hands down the best system on the market. It has a user friendly interface and is fully customizable. The value proposition more than makes up for the lack of a few features I would have liked to have, but weren't critical to my business.

Pros

This software is feature rich and the BEST function of this software is its ability to be fully customizable. Our company only used one of the standard forms and re-built all forms to fit our construction management business model and it works really well.

Cons

Having used other, more expensive software in the past, there are several features missing in this software. Although work arounds are available, one thing I've requested to be added is a dedicated project photo album tool. Additionally, ProjectTeam doesn't have a dedicated project schedule management tool, however, we were able to create our own.

Valorie from Barge Design Solutions, Inc.

Projectteam

Software is being used for a specific project. It's an easy software to learn, too many obstacles you go through just to upload information.

Pros

Container where all parties can share information.

Cons

Document uploads are extremely slow, it took 2.5 hours to upload 64 drawings. Drawing and spec packages cannot be linked easily.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied September 2021

Thanks for your review, Valorie! It's been a few years since your original review but we wanted to send out a response anyway. We added new OCR and text-extraction tools to make uploading many pages of information much easier in ProjectTeam.com. You can upload, review, and save 100's of files within a couple of minutes which is a huge time saver on busy projects. We also have drag-and-drop tools now that make uploading other information such as attachments super simple as well.

tim from Mike Moore Construction

best bang for your Buck

Pros

very easy to use .you can control how it looks for your our preferences

Cons

having problems with sharing documents with some contacts

Reasons for Choosing ProjectTeam.com

better suited to our needs

Reasons for Switching to ProjectTeam.com

cost and this is more user friendly . we had to depend on other to set up projects and had to use there format

Easy to use CM/PM Software

Pros

Easy to use and customized to company and project needs. Helpful customer service support.

Cons

Cost and Schedule modules. Also, it does not allow to mark up drawings online, need to download markup and upload again.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review! In early-2019 we added the ability to include markups on your drawings and other files. You can add shapes, text, pins, measurements, and more to file types such as PDFs, Images, and MS Office documents.

Edward from RZJames

RZJames Construction

Pros

ProjectTeam has been a wonderful addition to our firm. They have created a one stop shop for our team to conduct the majority of project business in one place making it easy for our clients to stay informed and up to date on the progress of their project.

Cons

It would be great if ProjectTeam had preconstruction functions in addition to change orders so we could consolidate even more.

bianca from Marketing & Advertising

A higher level project management software

Great addition to our suite of vendors. It has brought some additional organization to the process.

Pros

This is a great tool for internal customer management. The ability to upload, edit and access contracts is extremely helpful.

Cons

While I find this software very user friendly, I think there could be some more variations of the templated projects. For instance, the submittals field is a bit cumbersome.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Bianca! Did you know that administrators from your company can create different variations of projects and form types to best suit your needs? For example, on your submittals, you can choose to show or hide any of the fields to make it as easy as possible for you and your teammates to streamline your approval process.

Jay from Superior Projects

SP Manitoba

Pretty good so far, we need more experience to use all of the software's capabilities

Pros

The user interface is good and it's easy to navigate through the menus

Cons

You need pHD to put together reporting forms

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied September 2021

Hi Jay, thanks for your review! Reporting by nature can be a little intimidating but have you tried the "Express Reports" options yet? They are a great option for users that aren't confident in the full reporting tools to create meaningful outputs against your data. Reports are one of the most widely used features of ProjectTeam.com and for good reason! There is really no limit to the types of reports and/or dashboards you can create in the system. I'll have someone from our team send helpful videos and other resources from our library that should be a big help.

Kendra from NMP Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Being new to the ProjectTeam experience, I was able to hit the ground running. Customer service A1

Pros

Very organized and easy to use. I love the editable and customizable forms. Being able tp clone and create revisions makes the process much smoother and prevents unnecessary mistakes.

Cons

Report generation is my least favorite part. I would like to be able to edit forms created by other team mates rather than cloning and re-saving new versions

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Kendra! As stated in your review, being and to customize ProjectTeam and create reports to show any of your data is something we take a great deal of pride in. Since your review in 2017, we've made great strides in the usability of our reporting tool. We are confident in saying that we have one of the most robust and easy-to-use reporting solutions on the market.

Zachary from Gravity Consulting, Inc.

Nex Gen Web Project Management Collaboration

Working with ProjectTeam is exceptional, as they are always working with their clients to make this software the gold standard for Web based PM Software.

Pros

Capable to easily fully customize your data capture requirements.

Cons

It takes thought on how data is shared and owned by the different parties, but once you do understand how the data is structured, the collaboration of secure data between multiple parties for what to show and what to restrict, there is nothing like this out that comes close to what ProjectTeam offers.

Cillisha from Procon Consulting

Inexpensive Product, Makes Your Life Easier

ProjectTeam saves time, money, and our earth! Truly will make a huge impact on your project for a low cost.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. After only 2 short months, I was able to implement and use this software like a pro. Reporting and sharing information for huge projects just became ten times easier and greener.

Cons

ProjectTeam has not been on the market as long as E-Builder so features are still being developed.

Cost and user friendly

Chris from Parthenon Builders

Feature Packed App

The team at ProjectTeam have been great to deal with and always respond to my inquiries/questions promptly.

Pros

This program has all the features of other more expensive construction management software programs out there, but the cost is very affordable.

Cons

As I am upper middle aged, my computer skills are not that good. I am struggling to design the merge templates to match my company stationary for completing the merge templates.

Cost and features.

Response from ProjectTeam

Replied September 2021

Thanks for your review, Chris! You mentioned you're struggling a little to learn how to create custom print templates. We'll reach out to you shortly with a few videos and we'd be happy to jump on a call to walk you through the setup. There are a couple of tips and tricks we can recommend that will have you setting up templates like a pro in no time! :)

Kayla from EMIT Technologies

Construction Adminstrator Review

Pros

It is pretty self explanatory and easy to use.

Cons

There are just a few things that would make it more user friendly and efficient.

One of the best project management tools in the construction industry.

Pros

Working with volunteer construction workers can be a challenge, but with ProjectTeam I was able to create projects and assign tasks easily.

Cons

I don't have any issues with the current software, but would love to see functionality for business improvement projects in future releases. Thanks!

Derek from Keane Construction

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Keane Construction reveiw

Pros

I liked the overall design and layout of the screen. Also, like anything, the more I spent with it the more intuitive it seemed.

Cons

It would be nice to have direct access to the drawings, but it didn't really affect my experience too much.

Muhammad from Alpha Corporation

Highly recommend

Pros

it is easy to use. Can make reports in all formats. every aspect of the project is covered. we can customize the forms according to our needs. great help in document control

Cons

There is nothing as such that I least like.

The software is very user friendly.

Pros

The reference link is a powerful feature. I like the fact that I can reference so many files under one; helps me to keep track of all my files. It also saves me a lot of time as I don't have to keep looking for the files.

brennan from Tristar Engineering and Management

Project Team

Pros

easy to use and stores data effectively

Cons

an auto save would be nice and have better structured home screen

Will from Men at Work Construction

ProjectTeam- Residential Construction Hamptons

Pros

ProjectTeam is very intuitive and easy to tailor to a specific project. Thus far, it has proven to be a great tool for communicating with architects- we are using the program for RFIs and Submittals only currently, but plan on expanding into budgeting, field reports etc.

Cons

I would like to see the "My Page" dashboard with action and workflow items on the dashboard for each project, rather than just on the main company homepage.

Michael from M Group Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Project Team Review

I really enjoyed working with Project Team. Once we got the initial tutorial complete, it felt like we were off and running.

Pros

The user interface was very intuitive and easy to pick up. The ProjectTeam staff were easily reachable when any questions did arise.

Cons

Some of the functions felt a little buried from the main screen.