Browse TimberScan Reviews

Rachel from Raineri Construction

Accounting NO PROBLEM with this product.

TimberScan was one of the best software's I have ever been lucky to learn and use in my job. I stream lined the accounting and routing processes within our company. This alleviated so much paper being wasted as well as duplicate being scanned in and then deleted.

Pros

I loved the scan featuring allow you to directly import all invoices and pay application into the system database. This program also allowed you to directly route on project levels to the approving parties. Doing so really streamlined the approval processes and helped us stay on top of billing out per completion of each scope. I felt it was very user friendly and added so much value to our accounting department. It was also very beneficial that we were able to search by vendor or job for invoices that were approved, pending, or rejected. In many cases more programs cannot allow you to quickly provide answers to those types of questions.

Cons

The only issue we experience was the image could become distorted if it was processed through the system a variety of times.

TimberScan has revolutionized our Accounts Payable processes like nothing else has.

TimberScan has allowed us to manage/process more invoices with fewer team members than we've ever had assigned to Accounts Payable. TimberScan has revolutionized our invoice approval/payment processes.

Pros

TimberScan simplifies/improves our invoice approval process in many ways. First, we are able to manage unapproved invoices in a way we were never able to before. Second, we are able to track bottlenecks in the invoice approval process. Third, we are able to go 100% paperless for Accounts Payable. Fourth, our approval process is much more secure than it ever has been. Fifth, TimberScan allows our approvers to have access to copies of every invoices they've approved. Sixth, TimberScan has allowed us to provide audit detail (for sales taxes, CPAs, IRS, etc.) in a simple/easy fashion.

Cons

TimberScan Mobile is still a little buggy. Other than that, there is very little else that I struggle with regarding TimberScan. And please note that TimberScan Mobile has been VERY useful in allowing some of our busier approvers the ability to more timely review/approve invoices.

Monica from Magellan Construction

We go live on August 1st, but we have done some test runs and run into a few issues

The security of proper approvals for all AP invoices. The ease of tracking the progress and time taken to get an invoice completely through Timberscan. Dashboard feature, inquiries and reports make managing the invoice processing time, approval verification and compliance warnings obvious and trackable with the audit trail of the history of each invoice. This will make all users accountable for their time and process of utilizing the functions of Timberscan.

Pros

The approval process is securing the proper people being accountable for their jobs cost. The tracking of all AP invoices is simplified. The reports and inquiries keep us abreast of invoice status at all times. I like knowing there is a feature that keeps invoices that exceed a commited amount from being exported to Sage AP.

Cons

The compliance documentation is not handled the same way as it is in Sage. Even though it gives you the warnings of compliance issues, the data entry clerk has to still go physically attach the pdf files of compliance items into Sage manually as she does now, which is not eliminating her time spent on this process. It's almost like a duplication of work for the sake of managing compliance. She is utilizing the drag and drop feature to have her documentation available as a pdf file to go back to Sage and insert the necessary docs into the Sage Compliance Manager. Therefore, she won't be able to do direct scanning of her subcontractor payment applications into Timberscan since it will need to be a pdf file to kept for the compliance management in Sage.

I do really like this software

I like the people at Core Associates and they are very receptive to new ideas.

Pros

This software has sped up our accounts payable entry tenfold. I can now capture invoices that are sent to me in PDF format and it will automatically fill in certain fields for me so that I can now skip those fields when entering and just focus on the coding of the invoice. Also it is very easy to attach check copies to the invoices so then we now have the entire package from invoice to supporting documents to checks online and no more paper files!!!

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is attaching copies of invoices we pay online with our credit cards. They should make it like they do with checks. Now I have to go in and manually attach a copy to every invoice paid and that is a big job with the number of invoices we pay with our credit card.

Vicki from Roof Systems of VA, Inc.

Great software for accounts payable!

We got rid of paper files and that is tremendous!!!

Pros

I like being able to scan in my invoices and see them on the screen as I code them. It makes it much easier. Also getting away from having to keep paper copies is the way of the future.

Cons

I would like the ability to attach receipts to the items we pay with credit cards like we do with checks. It takes me forever to attach a copy of a payment receipt to payments we make with the Amex for invoices that we have. I could pay like 50-100 invoices with the credit card and then I have to go in and attach a copy of the payment receipt to every one of those invoices. A very long process!

Dustin from DJ Construction Company, Inc.

We love Timberscan and consider it vital to our processes.

Paperless processing and accurate approvals.

Pros

Paperless. Paperless approval. Digital approval records. Paperless check copies. Paperless job cost inquiries. No need to retain boxes of hard copies for years on end.

Cons

Data entry and software installs/upgrades. We've had problems with quirkiness regarding commitments. Software installs and upgrades require installation from outside our office. This happens often enough to be a nuisance but not often enough to dissuade others from purchasing.

We are very happy. Invoice approval is so easy and documents are always easy to access

Invoice approval and document management has improved tremendously.

Pros

Our invoice approval process has gotten 100% faster and more accurate as our managers can approve all of the cost coding. We never have lost invoices and having images available whenever we need them is extremely helpful.

Cons

The software runs a little slow on our system. Overall we don't have many complaints and have been really pleased with TimberScan.

TimberScan Review

Overall it is a great software to use, organizing billing to subcontractors, but the overall software could be updated to be able to provide a faster more effective approval process.

Pros

I like the feasibility of being able to pay subcontractors through this software. It makes it easy to see who is remaining to be paid and who is still awaiting payment. I love being able to send an invoice to someone else in my office if the item does not apply to me and be able to create comments on the actual invoice

Cons

What I like least is that the software looks like it is still running on an old Windows software. Things tend to run real slow and loading different invoices is difficult which makes approving and sending notes/comments can take longer than it should.

Bobby from Timberlake Construction

Timberscan Review

We use Timberscan to make our AP process paper-less and integrate with Sage 300CRE.

Pros

It does allow us to go paperless and have an electronic trail for invoice/receipt approvals. It also integrates with Sage 300CRE

Cons

It is slow and doesn't make credit card statement reconciliation easy.

High Volume Real Estate User

Pros

-Love the workflows for approvals -Numerous fields for coding expenses and providing detail -Comment function to send notes to approvers

Cons

-System is slow on occasion -Acquiring images can be cumbersome -Not able to make corrections once the document has been passed

Staci from JL Allen Services, Inc.

TimberScan has increased our processing time tremendously making the process smooth and efficient.

Ease of use. Faster processing times. Flexibility.

Pros

The ease of use and versatility. Being able to process invoices from anywhere whether we are in the office or on jobsite allows for the ease of mind that our records are always current and up-to-date. We never have to question whether or not we have invoices waiting to be entered because they are right there for all of us to see where they are in the approval process. The Crystal Reports have also helped tremendously in keeping our job costs in check.

Cons

We have compatibility issues frequently. Right before updates are due or right after they are installed, we get several error messages that are frustrating. Often times, we also have invoices with 100+ pages which slows down and often freezes the system.

Terry from Jackson Properties, Inc.

For the most part does what we intended

Paperless! I love the ability to look at invoices from my desk.

Pros

Ability to run reports with all the invoices attached. Documentation of approval flow. Ability to inquire for status anywhere in the process (though if it has been exported and not posted and synced, it is in limbo)

Cons

We can't link images to the property management invoices as with other imports/recurring that are initiated from Timberline. We've been having trouble lately with import imported invoices from Timberline; get the message no invoices to import. We'd like the ability to send an email once a day to approvers that they have invoices in their queue, rather than at each batch. Is there a solution for adding an extended check stub to checks? We can't do it automatically with the auto attach checks.

Karen from The Morgan Group.

It has made my job a lot easier

Lessened my work load and made it easier and less expensive to maintain our invoices and pay apps.

Pros

So much easier to know where the invoices and pay apps are in the approval system. The software makes everyone accountable for their part in the system. Going paperless has made filing much easier and less time consuming

Cons

It freezes up on us sometimes. Attaching checks seem to mess up a lot making us have to manually attach checks. I wish the comments showed up when you printed the invoice so you had them without going to the next step.

Scott from Howe, Inc.

Timberscan is a gamechanger when it comes to accounts payable processing.

Pros

Timberscan has enabled us to almost double our revenue without adding more overhead for A/P processing. One added benefit that is not immediately apparent is the time saved on the backend by being able to quickly look up invoices using a variety of filters. It also seamlessly integrates with Sage 300CRE.

Cons

Support can be hit or miss depending upon the issue. Updates are not pushed out - you have to ask about updates before they are sent to you. Capture technology can be flaky at times.

Dan from Hartman & Company, Inc

Daily usage with imports and posting. Works well with other programs

eliminates the manual process of matching invoices and is quicker to locate invoices with packing slips. Can search by invoice or packing slip information. We don't have to maintain paper filing saving space and time.

Pros

Connectivity to existing programs, not having to invest complete change of systems. Adaptable to our current software.

Cons

Supporting documents screen does not retain vendor information like Invoice screen. I have to enter several packing slips for 1 invoice and this would be beneficial.

Jill from MSP Companies (MSP Metro Operating Co)

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

We use Timberscan with Capture and AIM and it has taken our company mostly paperless

Less paper, greater accountability, and better filing systems.

Pros

Storing of documents that are easy to find in the future and can be approved by all employees necessary before going to its "resting place".

Cons

The OCR could use some improvement, sometimes a template works great for most properties but that same template will stop working with others. I would also like to see AIM have the ability to move fields in document setup, arranging rather than deleting would be nice.

Pamela from Teal Construction Company

Excellent addition to Timberline for Invoice Routing and Approval

Ease of finding old invoices for audit purposes. Ease of routing invoices.

Pros

One of the best features of this program is the tracking information for invoices. You always know where the invoices are in the approval flow. Who has it and who is holding up the approval system.

Cons

Routing set up is a little cumbersome and not easy to change to another person to approve once it is set up. You can do it but if you don't do it in the correct order it can mess things up.

Jade from Cortland Partners

Great but desiring better reporting features

Transparency

Pros

I like the transparency that the system provides. I am able to see exactly the location of a specific invoice and how long it has been there.

Cons

Needs better reporting. Certain reports I would love to have but are not available. I would like a report of when invoices are on hold. I would like email notifications of the list of invoices in a approver's queue including the date of the oldest acquired invoice so their superior can address.

Pamela from THOR Construction

We have used Timberscan here for a number of years and love the ease of the software.

Keeps our invoice review process going smoothly

Pros

Each invoice can be viewed by a number of people so you know by the time it is ready to be exported that the invoice is good to go. You can email a copy of the invoice to other people if they are not in the line up for viewing and you need further discussion.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons, the product has the functionality that we need. Perhaps deleted invoices could be easier to view.

Danette from AR Mays Construction

TimberScan helps us keep track of invoices during the approval process.

Pros

The invoices attach to the file in Sage AP so we have a permanent record of the invoice and check. It's easy to enter invoices and look up vendors and cost codes with the 'list' button.

Cons

I can't run reports telling me who has the invoices. This has never worked on our system. Also, I wish there was some way the system could mark the copies of the checks that have been voided but are attached to the record in Sage AP.

Dawn from Owner's Management Company

It has helped our department so much!

Not being able to go to the files to look things up. It's easier to use for everyone involved. There is a paper trail for approvals.

Pros

It is very easy to use. We like the fact that the people in the field don't have to come to the office anymore. They can approve wherever they are. It helps us not have to go to the files to look things up.

Cons

On some of the screens, you have to move the mouse to the first block, instead of it automatically going there.

Brenda from RF Stearns

Timberscan has helped our AP department become much more efficient.

Pros

The best part of Timberscan is the ease of accessing invoice images in the system. Having the invoices electronically has made a big difference for easy access.

Cons

I frequently hear that people have difficulty with the speed of the program when accessing it remotely. From an admin point of view, changing the routing and routing rules is complex. I have yet to be able to train anyone to understand how the routing works.

Michelle from Steel Encounters Inc

Timberscan has increased my productivity and ability to get invoices approved and paid .

It is much easier to get my invoices approved in a timely manner

Pros

It's paperless. I can keep track of where invoices are. Easy to use and maintain. Search options are very useful.

Cons

Limited routing ability at entry level and final review. No spell check in email. It takes time for new coding and commitments to transfer from Timberline. You can't choose your default printer, it seems to pick a different printer each day.

Matt from Lamar Companies LLC

Great software for Accounts Payable Routing & Integration with Sage 300

AP Routing, Image Viewing, Inquiries, Process Streamlining

Pros

This software makes it easy to have a routing tree and approval process for accounts payable to integrate with Sage 300. It also allows for inline image viewing inside sage 300 AP inquiries.

Cons

We do run into some quirks with this software like any other software might, some of the routing breaks if there are too many conditions that the routing rules have to match.

Joan from Van-Del Contracting ltd

Easy to learn, teach others, support is awesome

Has saved us considerable amount of time with the online enquiry feature for staff to find things themselves instead of digging thru cabinets of paper. Love the idea of getting rid of cases of paper at monthend!

Pros

simple to navigate, full of data, great support, reports and online enquiry features are our favourite part

Cons

there is nothing about this product I would change from a user point of view, I do find the administrator part a little harder to navigate

Neal from WEEKES CONSTRUCTION, INC.

Easy to Use

Visability into the pre-approved AP process, and easy access to approved invoices.

Pros

Simple solution for paperless AP. I also like that there is now a remote feature because our approvers travel so much.

Cons

Would like subs to have access to upload their own documents. We would like the software to be in the could and allow subs to upload their own documents to cut down on the work by accounting.

Trana from Schilling Companies

Could not do without AP images in our system. Has become a staple with our software.

Having electronic images without having to go to the file room. Especially for prior years where the files are no longer onsite.

Pros

Having all AP images at your fingertips is very convenient and more efficient than rummaging through paper files.

Cons

It would be more beneficial and economical to have the ability to scan all documents related to all modules in Timberscan, with our current version, without having to purchase a new add on.

Ted from McClone Construction Company

Revolutionary Software Product!

When we began employing TimberScan to approve our accounts payable software, little did we know that it would revolutionize our accounts payable processing like it has. TimberScan has enabled us to reduce the number of team members who process accounts payable invoices and it has made approving invoices better and it has made managing the accounts payable process easier and more reliable. Everyone in our company loves TimberScan.

Pros

Ease of use. Paperless processing. Ease of access for non-AP users.

Amanda from The CSM Group, Inc.

TimberScan was a game changer for our company.

Pros

The fact that it is paperless and the "electronic" paper trail. The routing options to make sure that all members of our team are able to review the invoices that are pertinent to them are a huge time saver!

Cons

We have syncing, printing and emailing issues fairly consistently. I wish there were tips and tricks built in to the system for the various users too.

Dawn from Owner's Management Company

Easy to Use!

We are able to have all our managers sign in remotely to approve invoices. No one needs to come to the office anymore! We are able to cut down on the amount of paper we save! Yay, more trees saved!

Pros

I like the fact that it ties in with Timberline and you only have to scan it once.

Cons

When you are using the existing invoice feature, it does not automatically place the cursor in the next box.

Tashiana from Durr Mechanical Construction

This is my first time ever using TimberScan and I have picked it up very quickly.

When I started my job, my company use to manually copy all the invoices for each job and scan them together in order to bill out. Now we just run the report for each job and pull all the invoices at the same time. Something that use to take a day, now only takes a few hours at most.

Pros

I love easy it is to use. The way it works with Sage 300 CRE is absolutely amazing. I believe the reports are best feature of the program. They allow you to grab all the invoices all at once. TimberScan has afforded my company the ability to become more efficient in accounts payable as well as billing out.

Cons

I think the customer service is amazing but if there is an issue it sometimes take a little while for someone to get back to you.

John from Van Acker Construction

Timberscan has been great!

Pros

I love the ease in pulling up any historical invoice and the ability to route new invoices for coding.

Cons

It can be a little sluggish to open larger invoices. Would be nice to be able to see which approval workflows have been assigned jobs in a report or screen somewhere, so it is easier to find one that may need to be reassigned to a new workflow.

Kristen from George J. Igel & Co., Inc.

We use it to route and approve A/P Invoices

Pros

Paperless environment that integrates well with Timberline (ability to import). Like the automation (matching supporting documents, etc.). Looking forward to the new features coming out with Capture.

Cons

Can have improved functionality with Timberline (ability to put invoices on hold in Timberline through TimberScan, etc.)

Barbara from Soep Painting Corp

Exceptional

Love the no paper process. Turn around time with approvals improved 80%

Pros

easy to use and very efficient and time saving is the best. Easy to look invoices and informative for the project Managers

Cons

Sometime slow on coding. Take a long time to get GL codes from Timberline. Not sure why this is but other wise it is great.

Sean from Freehold Capital Management

Great addition to Sage 300

Automated our AP approval flow

Pros

Very user friendly, even for the not so computer savvy members of our team. The application was easy to set up and is easy to maintain.

Cons

The only thing that we have found so far that could use improvement is the ability to put invoices on hold and have that carry over to Sage.

Brenda from Degan Construction LLC

Timberscan has really helped our project managers have more control over their jobs and the costs.

Pros

I really like that everyone can access the invoices easily and they are being coded correctly. The notes are saved for future reference which I have had to use quite often.

Cons

I really wish there was an affordable app for the project managers that are out in the field the majority of the day.

Cathy from Midland Atlantic Development Co. LLC

Easy to use and a great asset to our accounting team

Time saving, ease of use.

Pros

The ease of use and the capability of locating invoices quickly. The ability to filter by property, date, account # to locate invoices.

Cons

Some of the quirks, working well with other programs. We've had issues with the program not speaking well to Timberline on certain machines.

Shelby from Atlas Construction Group, LLC

Always easy to work with.

We have multiple offices and some are remote. So anyone can access and approve invoices from any location.

Pros

The ability to track where invoices are in approval stage. The ability to attached checks. The ease of importing into Sage 300. The ability to control user functions and uses. The ability to approved other users invoices and push them thru the system.

Cons

Some screens close out completely (i.e. vendor search) when you just want to go search another vendor.

Joe from Camelot Homes

We have been using Timberscan for over a year and mostly it has been positive.

Pros

Using Capture with Timberscan has speeded up entry. Being able to send invoices around the company via email is great and then tracking who has what yet to approve is nice. The AIM feature really helped us go paperless beyond just for AP invoices.

Cons

We have recently encountered a problem using the Auto Attach Checks option, it has caused a lot of double work and I don't feel customer service has been any help in resolving the problem.

Catherine from Thomas & Marker Construction

works well and has improved our workflow

Record Keeping

Pros

importing into our accounting system is simple and efficient; keeping a physical record of payments and the status of what is outstanding/owed.

Cons

The product can be glitchy at times due to the latest software updates but seems to be working better now for most of the associates.

Tammy from ACI Cont.

Timberscan has saved us time and money!

Pros

The approval process speeds up the entire AP process plus there is never any lost or misplaced invoices!

Cons

It would be nice to speed up moving through attaching existing invoices. Also it would be great to have the option to change a document from a packing slip to an invoice.

Jessica from Basic Systems Inc

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good

Transparency & reduced speed of AP process

Pros

Paperless Features that are offered in timeberscan.

Cons

Speed of Synchronization with upload of Purchase Orders, etc. into system. Employees cannot upload purchase order and have it available to link instantly within the software.

Rhonda from Timberlake Construction

User Friendly, Great invoice Management software

I am able to manage my invoices, see who has them and for how long.

Pros

Ease of use Invoice Management Mobile application Tech support Less duplicate invoices being put into system Reports

Cons

Not being able to set columns for auto fill. Not enough reports

Gail from Kitson & Partners

Fabulous support

Pros

The pros of the software is the ability to drilldown as well as export to excel, and export to PDF with attachments.

Cons

Inability to see the coding changes via the log. We cannot pin down who is making the changes or what is being changed.

Cliff from Homes By DIckerson, Inc

Good software, but limited OCR capabilities

Pros

Timberscan is easy to use and the routing features are nice. Support team has been responsive and helpful.

Cons

OCR does not work more than 65% of the time, therefore, making it inefficient. Also, some reports are limited in their true use.

Kim from Origin Constructors

Timberscan has made the approval process 100x easier.

Ease of routing and approval.

Pros

Being able to easily route the invoices for approval and having electronic copies for future references.

Cons

Would like better options for report filters, plus would like a copy setup feature for when creating new users.

Dustin from Brandt Hospitality Group

Timberscan offers customers a convenient way to route, approve and track invoices.

Pros

It is very user friendly. It helps to streamline the invoicing and approval process. Send helpful reminder to approvers so invoices get processed quickly. Add-on features such as AIM and Core offer other features that help a company be efficient. It is a good value for the money and the support is very helpful. They really care about the customer.

Cons

Not much bad to say. Like any software there were always a few things you wish it could do. And if you find one of those you can submit an enhancement request and the Timberscan team may add the functionality for you.

Allen from Welsh Construction, LLC

Corporate Controller of a General Contractor

Great product. Very easy to use, and efficient to track A/P invoices and workflow. Fantastic integration with Sage 300/Timberline. I wouldn't want to give it up.

Pros

Easy and efficient

Cons

Would like it to track lien waivers

Kris from Wasatch

Love the paperless tracking and approval

Pros

easy invoice retrieval for reporting, even on invoices 2 years old no longer having to search old files.

Cons

not much, some of the inquires could use a little more options when searching, and some reporting issues

Allison from RMS Companies

Been using timberscan for a couple of years, so far so good.. easy to use, multiple features.

Keep all invoices in one place, be able to see the approval process.

Pros

It has different reports and features that help me find what I'm looking for, it's very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like that I can't narrow some reports to save time when I run them, I also wish there was a feature to help identify duplicated invoices other than by invoice number.